SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

When will the "timing" be right ? 

Check his previous postings , oh wait 

2 hours ago, pablo said:

Further evidence that (most) people want their politicians to focus on the cost of living crisis rather than identity politics. 

Exactly 

2 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Absolutely correct Pablo. Or even just filling in some pot holes would be a start. 

They can’t even do that !

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

There is no hurry but the independence argument has been going on for sone time. If it so great at the end of the rainbow let’s get it sorted now and move on. We had a vote, you lost and so far the only bad losers with toys out the pram are nationalists who inexplicably and continually paint unionists in a derogatory manner while sitting on those high horses claiming some sort of victory. It’s totally bizarre. There is no penny to drop, if we have another one and it’s a yes then while it’s not what I want I will happily accept the result. 

Nail on the head . Why would any No people be bitter ? They won . I lost . I’m not bitter . I accepted the vote . That’s democracy for you , but I guess only when it goes your way . 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

You're all over the bloody place!

You said housing hosts were the main cause of poverty, not alleviating poverty (pretty much the exact opposite of what you said!) or whatever you're claiming now. 

I didn't say I was defending independence, I said I don't like fake bullshit like this being thrown at the SNP because the dafties doing it think they're attacking independence.

And I haven't defended their record over 10 years, I said they were close to hitting their 5 year target, which you were attacking.

What I say and what you read into it are clearly two different things

Eh?

So alleviation of poverty through housing costs means that housing costs are not a cause ?

And the record of the current SG on housing is not fake bullshit and want to know another way out of poverty.

Education.

Another fail from the SNP.

The attainment gap between rich and poor in this area has grew.

Labelling my points on housing as fake despite my links is cheap.

They are 20% away from hitting their OWN targets .That's just in the last 5 years.

What I read was the words that are clear in the link YOU provided.

I'm  not the one backtracking here.

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Ked said:

Eh?

So alleviation of poverty through housing costs means that housing costs are not a cause ?

And the record of the current SG on housing is not fake bullshit and want to know another way out of poverty.

Education.

Another fail from the SNP.

The attainment gap between rich and poor in this area has grew.

Labelling my points on housing as fake despite my links is cheap.

They are 20% away from hitting their OWN targets .That's just in the last 5 years.

What I read was the words that are clear in the link YOU provided.

I'm  not the one backtracking here.

You said housing costs were the main cause of poverty ffs, but that's a side issue. That aside, vdespite your accusations all I've done is pull up the actual figures on social and affordable housing compared to the targets for the last 5 years from a neutral source and agree with the conclusions. Because you were getting torn into them without actually posting a statistical fact.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Like I said plenty time.

All the lies and bullshit of the 'No' campaign are unravelling continuously. 

Surely if things are so bad the time is now ? Genuinely if when we have a combination of huge SNP popularity and an absolute shocker of a Westminster government then when ? 

There is nothing to unravel Thor the arguments for No are still the same. The snp despite being in government since the last once in a lifetime vote have done ****all to convince people otherwise. The shitshow in Westminster have done more than the snp have to sway the vote. You expect people to back these clowns in a referendum? 😂

Edited by Dazo

John Findlay
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Like I said plenty time.

All the lies and bullshit of the 'No' campaign are unravelling continuously. 

Aye we've had plenty of time. What's the union had? 300 odd years.

There's been 10 elections mate. 10. 

Every single one the Tories and Labour haven't even registered. 

Without STV how many of them would be in Holyrood?

Mind Mooth? The great white hope of unionism?  Did she ever win a seat outright or did she slink in on silver and bronze medals? 

If you truly believe what you have posted above then you should have no qualms with another referendum being held later this year. No PR required, no STV, once again it will be a simple Yes or No. The result should be a foregone conclusion for Yes. Shouldn't it?

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Surely if things are so bad the time is now ? Genuinely if when we have a combination of huge SNP popularity and an absolute shocker of a Westminster government then when ? 

There is nothing to unravel Thor the arguments for No are still the same. The snp despite being in government since the last once in a lifetime vote have done ****all to convince people otherwise. The shitshow in Westminster have done more than the snp have to sway the vote. You expect people to back these clowns in a referendum? 😂

Have you been in a coma since 2014?

Better together. The only way to stay in Europe is to vote No. The 'vow'

The only thing that has stayed the same is your patter on this. 

20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If you truly believe what you have posted above then you should have no qualms with another referendum being held later this year. No PR required, no STV, once again it will be a simple Yes or No. The result should be a foregone conclusion for Yes. Shouldn't it?

What's the hurry? The direction of travel is only one way John and it's not towards closer ties to the union.

The unfolding situation in Northern Ireland should be a lightbulb moment for unionists.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Good post ,  shower of incompetent wankers .

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The unfolding situation in Northern Ireland should be a lightbulb moment for unionists.

The treatment and annexing of ireland seems to finally be unravelling for Britain and the Protestants. Brought on themselves by those dinosaurs the DUP so zero sympathy. Whether it would be a good/bad thing I don’t know and why Eire would want that basket case of a place anyway. I’m aware that Ulster is very much Scotlands doing also and I hope there’s no return to the troubles but it looks like there’s been a point passed. 

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The treatment and annexing of ireland seems to finally be unravelling for Britain and the Protestants.

Traitor.

:seething:

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Traitor.

:seething:

Merely an observation pal…my proddy credentials are impeccable☺️

French President Emmanuel Macron today invited Britain to join a new ‘European political community’ outside the EU.

Mr Macron – who was fiercely opposed to Brexit – said this new status would allow the UK to enjoy full political integration within the 27-country bloc, and have a say in crucial decisions.

In a keynote speech to the European Parliament in Strasbourg on Monday, Mr Macron said he was all in favour of ‘creating what I would call a European political community.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10798859/Macron-invites-Britain-join-alternative-European-political-community.html

💡

il Duce McTarkin
16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

my proddy credentials are impeccable☺️

:sweeet:

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

You said housing costs were the main cause of poverty ffs, but that's a side issue. That aside, vdespite your accusations all I've done is pull up the actual figures on social and affordable housing compared to the targets for the last 5 years from a neutral source and agree with the conclusions. Because you were getting torn into them without actually posting a statistical fact.

I've posted plenty links about housing failure from Edinburgh Council,Scottish Government and the Tories even worse record in England.

You chose to stick up for the SG.

And cited a global pandemic as defence.

The side issue was your attempt at dismissing housing costs as being the number 1 priority to alleviate one of the pressures.

Yes I get torn into it.

It's a fekin disgrace especially in Edinburgh.

A reason why in the local election thread I raised it.

Guess what another SNP voter tried to defend the council.

I mean seriously ffs can they never be taken to task?

Unknown user
Just now, Ked said:

I've posted plenty links about housing failure from Edinburgh Council,Scottish Government and the Tories even worse record in England.

You chose to stick up for the SG.

And cited a global pandemic as defence.

I've said numerous times that we should be building much more social housing, who is that defending? 

I chose to go and find the figures for what you were ranting about, that's all. I personally think 105,000 in 10 years is shite and we need to be seeing higher standards, but you're that busy raging and assuming my position that my repeated opinion, which agrees with yours, has been ignored.

You need to stop reacting to what you think I mean, that's your problem not mine.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

The treatment and annexing of ireland seems to finally be unravelling for Britain and the Protestants. Brought on themselves by those dinosaurs the DUP so zero sympathy. Whether it would be a good/bad thing I don’t know and why Eire would want that basket case of a place anyway. I’m aware that Ulster is very much Scotlands doing also and I hope there’s no return to the troubles but it looks like there’s been a point passed. 

The DUP and all the associated bigoted arseholes can go feck themselves.

You make a good point though re a return of the troubles.

This could be another first. There's been countless countries that have fought wars to gain their independence from the UK. This could be the first time there's ever been a war to be part of the UK. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh I do hope that Ireland is reunified . Should never have been ripped apart in the first place . Was on par with the what has happened with the Middle East and the infamous Balfour declaration. 

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh I do hope that Ireland is reunified . Should never have been ripped apart in the first place . Was on par with the what has happened with the Middle East and the infamous Balfour declaration. 

75F5F86B-58FB-49F5-8BDA-8BDD7BAAA79C.gif

BEA0779B-AB1E-449F-ACCD-F19722340E7D.gif

il Duce McTarkin
12 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:lol: no seen the old muggy for a while 

I've only just discovered it!

New Town Loafer
7 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

As Louis Armstrong once said 'we have all the time in the world'.

Conditions for the next referendum just keep on improving. 

Scotland keeps on drifting further and further away from England in pretty much every single way. 

We were told that Krankie would take a battering in the local elections, and just like the last 10 elections of every type, the SNP wiped the floor with the branch office parties. Again.

You boys still think that this is all a flash in the pan and that the Branch Office parties will resurge to once again dominate Scottish politics.

Y'all probably need to wrap your heads around the fact that this is the direction of travel and the Scottish electorate can see right through the hoose Jocks like wee Doogz, Mooth, Anus, Dicky Leonard (who?)

You cling on real tight to the sooky blanket of the past though and the rest of us will go forward to Scotland's future 👍

Because SNP supporters will continue to vote SNP as they are the nationalist party, whereas the Unionist vote is split between three major parties. Not to mention the fact that SNP supporters will vote SNP in local elections simply because they see the word 'SNP'. 

The SNP will continue to win elections because of the aforementioned, but the major problem with any future referendum is the fact that pro-independence politicians and media personalities are simply unable to explain how people's lives will improve in an independent Scotland. There is no economic case and until there is, there is no case.

The Dragon Reborn
14 hours ago, frankblack said:

If we had a referendum this year, Sturgeon would just demand another one a couple of days after losing it anyway.

Why on earth would she do that? 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

When will the "timing" be right ? 

Once the cost of living crisis is under control and the effect of the Covid pandemic becomes

clear. Had Covid not happened I’d have been happy to go ahead this year or next.

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

Why on earth would she do that? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Once the cost of living crisis is under control and the effect of the Covid pandemic becomes

clear. Had Covid not happened I’d have been happy to go ahead this year or next.

There's a phrase for this - it's called 'kicking the can down the road'. 

You either believe its the right thing, or you don't. A lot of Nationalists sitting on the fence at the moment. 

On 04/05/2022 at 11:40, Smithee said:

In case you missed it, their record on housing is decent, only falling 18% short of their target because of covid.

https://theferret.scot/claim-snp-delivered-105000-affordable-homes-true/

There's more @Smithee but I won't keep this going.

Trying to twist what my points as something I've misunderstood isn't on.

I had left it until the walloper that guises as xb52 tried to state I was posting fake news about how not only the Tories but the SG and  Edinburgh Council have oversaw the current situation.

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Ked said:

There's more @Smithee but I won't keep this going.

Trying to twist what my points as something I've misunderstood isn't on.

I had left it until the walloper that guises as xb52 tried to state I was posting fake news about how not only the Tories but the SG and  Edinburgh Council have oversaw the current situation.

Do keep going, I have nothing to hide from.

I said their record was decent, meaning against the targets set, as made fairly obvious by the source I gave. If that wasn't obvious to you then fair enough, but it was a continuation from another thread where you'd been going on about these specific figures.

How many times have I said we need to build more? I'm not going to say it any more to scratch whatever itch you're experiencing, but is that defending the SNP?

Is saying that they need to do more time and time again defending the SNP no matter what?

3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Have you been in a coma since 2014?

Better together. The only way to stay in Europe is to vote No. The 'vow'

The only thing that has stayed the same is your patter on this. 

You’ve named two things 1 of which was true at the time the other is something not a single person can say one way or the other. 😂

So what is unraveling? 

Tell you what though I’d rather be in coma than under the spell she has you in. 👍

Still no further forward on when the time is right eh ? I’d hazard a guess it’s when Wee Nic thinks she’s guaranteed a victory. Cowardly behaviour. 

Lord Montpelier
29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Not demanding a referendum now, despite their consistent election successes, is like Hearts taking a long unbeaten run into a cup final only to forfeit the match because the opposition might win.

I wonder if the SNP haven't found themselves in the odd position - for a nationalist party - of having folk support them for their policies such as "here's free stuff!" and "here's more free stuff!" without enough of the same voters buying into the indy stuff that only an increasingly marginalised proportion of the party seems to actually care about.  

My personal sense is, post the 2008 crash, the 2014 vote, Brexit, Covid, and now Ukraine people just yearn for a return to a quiet and simple existence for a few years without the threat of having their lives and livliehoods meddled with again. 

Jambo-Jimbo
28 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

My personal sense is, post the 2008 crash, the 2014 vote, Brexit, Covid, and now Ukraine people just yearn for a return to a quiet and simple existence for a few years without the threat of having their lives and livliehoods meddled with again. 

Add on top of all that the cost of living crisis and I'd say that most people don't want to take the chance or the uncertainty that Independence would bring.  My opinion is that there is too much going on in the world right now and that people have much more pressing things to worry about and that a vote for an uncertain future of Independence doesn't appeal to them nor is it high on their priorities right now.

Imo the right time would be when people are feeling good with their world, not when people are worried where their next meal is coming from or how they are going to pay their energy/fuel bills.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

You either believe its the right thing, or you don't. A lot of Nationalists sitting on the fence at the moment. 

Very true . She’s a bottle merchant . Knows there no chance of a yes victory therefore it’s curtains for her if she proceeded . BJ needs to call her bluff 

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Not demanding a referendum now, despite their consistent election successes, is like Hearts taking a long unbeaten run into a cup final only to forfeit the match because the opposition might win.

I wonder if the SNP haven't found themselves in the odd position - for a nationalist party - of having folk support them for their policies such as "here's free stuff!" and "here's more free stuff!" without enough of the same voters buying into the indy stuff that only an increasingly marginalised proportion of the party seems to actually care about.  

Good posting. fairly accurate assessment 

47 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You’ve named two things 1 of which was true at the time the other is something not a single person can say one way or the other. 😂

So what is unraveling? 

Tell you what though I’d rather be in coma than under the spell she has you in. 👍

Still no further forward on when the time is right eh ? I’d hazard a guess it’s when Wee Nic thinks she’s guaranteed a victory. Cowardly behaviour. 

Yep 

43 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Well. Probably had their best chance in 2014 

The Mighty Thor
29 minutes ago, Dazo said:

So what is unraveling? 

Oh aye mate. I'm totally spellbound. 😂

Are we better together? Are we really?

On your last point, so you want it to go ahead now as it improves the chances of another no vote? Is that cowardice or good politics.

Like I said, the die is cast, the sun has set on the empire and the UK will crack under the strain of nationalism. English nationalism.

Cannae wait 👍

Lord Montpelier
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

On your last point, so you want it to go ahead now as it improves the chances of another no vote? Is that cowardice or good politics.

Like I said, the die is cast, the sun has set on the empire and the UK will crack under the strain of nationalism. English nationalism.

Cannae wait 👍

Boris announces a vote for start of June MT. How confident would you be of winning ? 

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Cannae wait 👍

You love to dance around the timing issue eh 😂

What are we waiting for ? When should  we have it ?

When we eventually turn things around and the UK is relatively back on its feet I doubt would be the right time. 

We could argue the toss over the other things with no real gains either way. 👍

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You love to dance around the timing issue eh 😂

What are we waiting for ? When should  we have it ?

When we eventually turn things around and the UK is relatively back on its feet I doubt would be the right time. 

We could argue the toss over the other things with no real gains either way. 👍

TBH the time is irrelevant as the same arguments and worries will resurface in any campaign and itll be a NO again. I even predict itll be a higher majority than the last time. " Its the economy stupid" was the a famous phrase 

The Dragon Reborn
3 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

In your opinion. Mine is that life isn’t so black and white. Pretty much every indy supporter I know is much more concerned about the cost of living, inflation and Covid recovery just now. Hence why we have polls showing indy support close to 50% yet support for a referendum in next two years much lower.

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Boris announces a vote for start of June MT. How confident would you be of winning ? 

Spaffer will be lucky to still be in post by June. 

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Spaffer will be lucky to still be in post by June. 

How about answering the question asked.

Lord Montpelier
12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He's away to ask wee Nicky what his response should be. 

Lord Montpelier
33 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

In your opinion. Mine is that life isn’t so black and white. Pretty much every indy supporter I know is much more concerned about the cost of living, inflation and Covid recovery just now. Hence why we have polls showing indy support close to 50% yet support for a referendum in next two years much lower.

The other way of looking at this of course is had the SNP done what they set out to do (as guys like you will remind us, 14 years and counting) and sell a compelling vision of an independent Scotland, support for a near term referendum would be substantial particularly in light of the pitifully woeful opponents. 

Fact is though, they've not done their job properly - perhaps because when examined closely that compelling argument doesn't actually exist. 

The Dragon Reborn
3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The other way of looking at this of course is had the SNP done what they set out to do (as guys like you will remind us, 14 years and counting) and sell a compelling vision of an independent Scotland, support for a near term referendum would be substantial particularly in light of the pitifully woeful opponents. 

Fact is though, they've not done their job properly - perhaps because when examined closely that compelling argument doesn't actually exist. 

I’m not sure what’s so difficult to understand about this tbh. A lot of indy supporters don't want a referendum in the short term as there’s enough to deal with just now without throwing separating from the UK on top of it all.

It’s not about making the compelling argument for independence. That comes when the referendum is called. They made enough of a compelling argument in 2014 to  make it a relatively close run vote despite the polls just months earlier saying it would be a no-contest. They even had the unionists so scared they had to pull put every trick in the book.

Wanting a referendum and wanting independence are two different things. The former has to be at the right time, not in terms of chances of winning, but in terms of Scotland being in the most informed position to make the right decision. I’ll make my own informed decision based on where we are as a country post-Brexit, post-Covid and post-cost of living crisis and based on the answers provided in the white paper to the tough questions that need answered.

The Mighty Thor

2 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It's a nonsense irrelevant question but I'll play along. 

I would say it would be a very tight outcome with no probably shading it. 

40 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

What was your question?

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's a nonsense irrelevant question but I'll play along. 

I would say it would be a very tight outcome with no probably shading it. 

What was your question?

Well done for playing along MT. I agree with your analysis at this point. A lot to ponder for Nationalists as to why you can't persuade more in the current political climate. 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Well done for playing along MT. I agree with your analysis at this point. A lot to ponder for Nationalists as to why you can't persuade more in the current political climate. 

Don't you know there's a war on?

Lord Montpelier
23 minutes ago, The Dragon Reborn said:

I’m not sure what’s so difficult to understand about this tbh. A lot of indy supporters don't want a referendum in the short term as there’s enough to deal with just now without throwing separating from the UK on top of it all.

It’s not about making the compelling argument for independence. That comes when the referendum is called. They made enough of a compelling argument in 2014 to  make it a relatively close run vote despite the polls just months earlier saying it would be a no-contest. They even had the unionists so scared they had to pull put every trick in the book.

Wanting a referendum and wanting independence are two different things. The former has to be at the right time, not in terms of chances of winning, but in terms of Scotland being in the most informed position to make the right decision. I’ll make my own informed decision based on where we are as a country post-Brexit, post-Covid and post-cost of living crisis and based on the answers provided in the white paper to the tough questions that need answered.

A well thought out post. With some fair points. But - you can't keep kicking the can down the road . There will be other things on the horizon - unemployment, high interest rates, climate, war in Europe. Always something. 

Someone could read this and argue your happier within a union and the comfort blanket that brings rather than striking out alone for freedom and the uncertainty it potentially creates. Will there ever be a right time ? Im not sure there will. 

Lord Montpelier
22 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Don't you know there's a war on?

Obviously

What's your point ?

The Dragon Reborn
10 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

A well thought out post. With some fair points. But - you can't keep kicking the can down the road . There will be other things on the horizon - unemployment, high interest rates, climate, war in Europe. Always something. 

Someone could read this and argue your happier within a union and the comfort blanket that brings rather than striking out alone for freedom and the uncertainty it potentially creates. Will there ever be a right time ? Im not sure there will. 

Agree that you can’t kick the can forever. Current events on their own may be surmountable but having all three together is just far too much uncertainty to make such  a huge decision in. 

manaliveits105

The separatists are aw oor the place in disarray - they’ve hibsed it

the Indy game is up the pole :greggy:

time to move on 

How many times does NS have to say the referendum will be 2023 before posters on here understand? 

I've said it before though; if they don't follow through with this promise then they are finished 

Seymour M Hersh
20 minutes ago, XB52 said:

How many times does NS have to say the referendum will be 2023 before posters on here understand? 

I've said it before though; if they don't follow through with this promise then they are finished 

She can say it until she is blue in the face (that'd be amusing) but she still doesn't have the power to hold a legitimate one. When are are you lot going to understand that?