• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Of course it bloody well should be. Consign it to the bin for **** sake!

No! Never forget, never let it happen again.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well we won against them at home? 

And Robbie seems to think it's a great draw, are you doubting him? 

You really are losing it. You are one of these trolls that are salivating at the thought of us losing against the tims so you can rush on here and slag off our manager. Absolutely pathetic 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Well obviously not as the Munich tie was at half time, and I'm not aware of Bayern's current form at the time.

Explain to me who is actually calling for the managers head right now?

First defeat, you'll see them again.

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, martoon said:

I wasn't unconvinced about his first stint, TJ. 

The Hibs and Birkirkara defeats were hurtful but I was as perplexed as most on aeroplane day.

Didn't have a massive problem with his return either but at the same time I was a wee bit underwhelmed.

It was the all too frequent abysmal performances and the Alloa/Brora results last season that brassed me off.

I still believe that we could afford a higher quality head coach but, as stated, I'm up for being proved wrong.

Frequently said so whilst posting those doubts.

Fair enough. The Hibs and Birkirkara were bog standard defeats for me, and both were outliers in those respective seasons, yet they're continually brought up as if other managers haven't had bad results before. In one Hibs were lucky to get the replay in the first place and in the other we should have won with a little more luck. The penalty in particular but a bunch of other chances as well hitting the bar and post etc.

Brora was on another level though (no excuses whatsoever just shocking from everyone - manager and all the players) and, performance wise it wasn't even an outlier. I wasn't even that surprised. But it was such a strange season with many strange results in lots of leagues I didn't think it defined Neilson as a manager so was an outlier in that respect. And it was strange how the very good performances against Hibs and Celtic, plus the good start to last season, didn't seem to count. Neilson really does get very little leeway compared to other managers we've had. He's an underdog in that respect and I always back the underdog personally.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Savage Vince

And it was strange how the very good performances against Hibs and Celtic, plus the good start to last season, didn't seem to count. Neilson really does get very little leeway compared to other managers we've had. He's an underdog in that respect and I always back the underdog personally.

Amen. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Well, that may separate the wheat from the chaff, because (and I have no evidence to back this up) as I said I think most folk are happy so far with the results (obvs!) and the performances. Defeat, whilst annoying, can be tempered by performance.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Well, that may separate the wheat from the chaff, because (and I have no evidence to back this up) as I said I think most folk are happy so far with the results (obvs!) and the performances. Defeat, whilst annoying, can be tempered by performance.

Not for me. I like winning and picking up points and Neilson does that more than a lot of our past managers. Certainly more than any manager we've had in the last 8 years or so. Why that isn't reason enough to back him is beyond me.

Captain Lithuania
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Of course it bloody well should be. Consign it to the bin for **** sake along wit Hibs 6-2 and countless cup and league defeats. Or should we build it into the club song or something so it's passed down to generations of fans?

Sadly the bitter morons of today wish for it to be carried in to future. Neilson has us doing well and long may it continue. 

Edited by Captain Lithuania

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fair enough. The Hibs and Birkirkara were bog standard defeats for me, and both were outliers in those respective seasons, yet they're continually brought up as if other managers haven't had bad results before. In one Hibs were lucky to get the replay in the first place and in the other we should have won with a little more luck. The penalty in particular but a bunch of other chances as well hitting the bar and post etc.

Brora was on another level though (no excuses whatsoever just shocking from everyone - manager and all the players) and, performance wise it wasn't even an outlier. I wasn't even that surprised. But it was such a strange season with many strange results in lots of leagues I didn't think it defined Neilson as a manager so was an outlier in that respect. And it was strange how the very good performances against Hibs and Celtic, plus the good start to last season, didn't seem to count. Neilson really does get very little leeway compared to other managers we've had. He's an underdog in that respect and I always back the underdog personally.

Tbh, wasn't really that fussed when RN left as, personally, thought the standard of football on show was pretty poor.

Again, imo, was rather underwhelmed when he was reappointed. 

Season 20/21 was pretty unforgettable, although I'll give cup 19/20 credit!

So going into this season, I like many others, were concerned. As I've said, so far so good.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Boris said:

Tbh, wasn't really that fussed when RN left as, personally, thought the standard of football on show was pretty poor.

Again, imo, was rather underwhelmed when he was reappointed. 

Season 20/21 was pretty unforgettable, although I'll give cup 19/20 credit!

So going into this season, I like many others, were concerned. As I've said, so far so good.

I will never cease to be amazed at this view, especially given that what happened after he left. I was also undewhelmed when he was reappointed (although I immediately knew we'd get promoted first time, so relief was probably my main emotion), but given how excited I was when Stendel and Cathro were appointed maybe being underwhelmed isn't so bad.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot

This thread could end up being the most ridiculous thing on the Internet. 

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not for me. I like winning and picking up points and Neilson does that more than a lot of our past managers. Certainly more than any manager we've had in the last 8 years or so. Why that isn't reason enough to back him is beyond me.

I'd rather back someone on the now, rather than on the past, but now, RN has, after two league games, got an 100% record, so no worries from me. To get these results, the team have performed, so again top marks.

Hope it continues.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is now (c) K.  Wolstenholme, 1966.

33 minutes ago, martoon said:

I wasn't unconvinced about his first stint, TJ. 

The Hibs and Birkirkara defeats were hurtful but I was as perplexed as most on aeroplane day.

Didn't have a massive problem with his return either but at the same time I was a wee bit underwhelmed.

It was the all too frequent abysmal performances and the Alloa/Brora results last season that brassed me off.

I still believe that we could afford a higher quality head coach but, as stated, I'm up for being proved wrong.

I wasnt by his first spell not so much league results but the style was awful , awful boring in most games. 

When he came back I was like eh ok fair enough hell do whats required but it wont be swashbuckling. 

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I will never cease to be amazed at this view, especially given that what happened after he left. I was also undewhelmed when he was reappointed (although I immediately knew we'd get promoted first time, so relief was probably my main emotion), but given how excited I was when Stendel and Cathro were appointed maybe being underwhelmed isn't so bad.

Why I wasnt fussed when he left either. A lot werent. We were not in the second people claim it was a false second and performances were poor for a lot of the time. Very workmanlike and professional. Thats not always a good thing to have to watch. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yeah, but most folk don't have the gift of foresight.  Plus we'll never know the influence Levein had in his first tenure, I suppose.

I guess what the whole RN debate boils down too is the binary positions taken. Because of the "Phoodle out" brigade, anyone critical of RN is immediately put into that camp by (and I mean no offence) the likes of you, at least that's how it comes across to me.

As I've said countless times before, we all want Hearts to be successful, but that's not going to stop us saying how we see it!

iwasthere1954
32 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You really are losing it. You are one of these trolls that are salivating at the thought of us losing against the tims so you can rush on here and slag off our manager. Absolutely pathetic 

Funny you should say that.  I came on here expecting lots of threads about todays result, and guess what there's only a few. If we had lost today the usual suspects would have rammed the result down our throat. 

Guest ToqueJambo

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why I wasnt fussed when he left either. A lot werent. We were not in the second people claim it was a false second and performances were poor for a lot of the time. Very workmanlike and professional. Thats not always a good thing to have to watch. 

Fair enough. I remember us scoring a lot of goals under Neilson from all over the park and we were never out of the top 1-3 places in both leagues. After Sow left it was harder going for a while. When he got Bjorn Jonsson playing well things clicked into place again. Fact is we've rarely had a manager as consistent as Neilson in the league. The stick he gets is so over the top. At least after Brora he did deserve it though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I will never cease to be amazed at this view, especially given that what happened after he left. I was also undewhelmed when he was appointed (although I immediately knew we'd get promoted first time, so relief was probably my main emotion), but given how excited I was when Stendel and Cathro were appointed maybe being underwhelmed isn't so bad.

I was completely underwhelmed when we appointed him. Spoke to 3 of my mates today, who were exactly the same. We are all saying that we all could have been wrong. Deep down you want to be proved wrong, especially when you didn’t think you would be proved wrong in the first place 

Some folk may still have doubts and that’s ok but I’ve seen a good few posts from posters who (that I picked up) weren’t necessarily RN fans, but giving him a lot of credit for our start to the season. That’s the way it should be IMO. It’s about the team winning - every single time - not about whether you are right or wrong ffs 

My main concern now is if we have an injury to one of our key wide players like GMS, Boyce or possibly one of our defenders we would be a bit thin on the ground for replacements - however, you could probably argue this scenario about most teams in the league 

If we can get another wide player, striker and central defender in, then we have the makings of a real good squad - full credit for the way we have started - we look much better than last season (so far). Don’t think this is even in doubt. 

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Yeah, but most folk don't have the gift of foresight.  Plus we'll never know the influence Levein had in his first tenure, I suppose.

I guess what the whole RN debate boils down too is the binary positions taken. Because of the "Phoodle out" brigade, anyone critical of RN is immediately put into that camp by (and I mean no offence) the likes of you, at least that's how it comes across to me.

As I've said countless times before, we all want Hearts to be successful, but that's not going to stop us saying how we see it!

Nailed it Boris 👏 It’s about what’s deemed best for Hearts imo and not all about Robbie. Or it should be. Again imo. 

1 hour ago, WageThief said:

Indeed we did.  You should use your extensive network of contacts in the game to find out more about the concept of 'home advantage' in sport.

Yeah I'd doubt the truthfulness of loads of things he says to the media.

Imagine Neilson had said "shite draw, we've barely won there in 30 years, but at least if we do actually win the fans will be able to recall it off the top off their head like the Scott Crabbe game or Naysmith, or Velicka.  Pity we didn't get one of their reserve teams from Leith or Paisley.  But eh...the boys will be up for it, I'll certainly fill them with confidence"

Yeah, please tell me how that home advantage done St Mirren today? 

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I was completely underwhelmed when we appointed him. Spoke to 3 of my mates today, who were exactly the same. We are all saying that we all could have been wrong. Deep down you want to be proved wrong, especially when you didn’t think you would be proved wrong in the first place 

Some folk may still have doubts and that’s ok but I’ve seen a good few posts from posters who (that I picked up) weren’t necessarily RN fans, but giving him a lot of credit for our start to the season. That’s the way it should be IMO. It’s about the team winning - every single time - not about whether you are right or wrong ffs 

My main concern now is if we have an injury to one of our key wide players like GMS, Boyce or possibly one of our defenders we would be a bit thin on the ground for replacements - however, you could probably argue this scenario about most teams in the league 

If we can get another wide player, striker and central defender in, then we have the makings of a real good squad - full credit for the way we have started - we look much better than last season (so far). Don’t think this is even in doubt. 

I thought it was hilarious in the circumstances when he was appointed (mostly as I know a couple of D Utd fans and whatever some of them said at the time they were a bit put out by that), but was also very relieved as I had my doubts Stendel was up to the task. If Hibs, Rangers and D Utd struggled to get out of that league we certainly could, which would have been disastrous. When he arrived, I was in no doubt we'd get promoted. 

Although to be honest I was more worried about dying from some virus thing going around.

Definitely share your concerns over the squad, but again Neilson has a decent track record of targeted signings rather than Levein's scattergun approach and is working under a different SD.

Edited by ToqueJambo

47 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Tell you what if we do get beat and i don't comment whatsoever, will you remove yourself from here? 

Deal? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It depends on the home. Have you been to their new "stadium"?

It depends on the home. Have you been to their new "stadium"?

I think it depends on how the manager sets his team up, and how the players influence the game, fans really have nothing to do with it, how many fans did we have at St Mirren today? 

49 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sorry toque but surely if it's okay to praise Robbie for when he's doing well, does he not deserve criticism when the team and him aren't doing well? 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry toque but surely if it's okay to praise Robbie for when he's doing well, does he not deserve criticism when the team and him aren't doing well? 

Normally but the reaction towards Neilson isn't normal. Planes flown calling for his head when going well in the league... polls calling for his head when top of the league and having just beaten Hibs in a cup semi final... weird nicknames that make no sense on posters put up around town... people losing their shit for days after a friendly defeat to Sunderland..... not normal.

Edited by ToqueJambo

I thought it was hilarious in the circumstances when he was appointed (mostly as I know a couple of D Utd fans and whatever some of them said at the time they were a bit put out by that), but was also very relieved as I had my doubts Stendel was up to the task. If Hibs, Rangers and D Utd struggled to get out of that league we certainly could, which would have been disastrous. When he arrived, I was in no doubt we'd get promoted. 

Definitely share your concerns over the squad, but again Neilson has a decent track record of targeted signings rather than Levein's scattergun approach and is working under a different SD.

Being totally honest I would have probably not have been happy with whoever we had appointed, (at the time) as I wanted Stendel to stay, and wasn’t happy at all how it was handled, and by AB. Still stand by this but it’s in the past. I was convinced that he would have came good for us, but I do see why a lot of folk had concerns that he wasn’t right for the job. 

That’s in the past now. I am definitely for the new recruitment strategy - listened to Savage a few times and the more I listen to him, the more I like him. I fully believe that Neilson bore a bit of brunt from being associated with Levein, and this may have hampered folks views, but it does seem like a new direction we are going in, and long may it continue 

Beni already looks to be an inspired signing. Neilson seems to already be raving about the new Aussie - in years gone by, we would have already signed around 10 journeymen at the same point, and before the transfer window, but the fact is that we are now waiting and only targeting players we think will improve the team - rather than just replacing folk that were signed, and not up to the job in the first place. Lots to be positive about at the moment for sure - thought some of our passing and interchanging play in the first half of the Liedown game was excellent 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Being totally honest I would have probably not have been happy with whoever we had appointed, (at the time) as I wanted Stendel to stay, and wasn’t happy at all how it was handled, and by AB. Still stand by this but it’s in the past. I was convinced that he would have came good for us, but I do see why a lot of folk had concerns that he wasn’t right for the job. 

That’s in the past now. I am definitely for the new recruitment strategy - listened to Savage a few times and the more I listen to him, the more I like him. I fully believe that Neilson bore a bit of brunt from being associated with Levein, and this may have hampered folks views, but it does seem like a new direction we are going in, and long may it continue 

Beni already looks to be an inspired signing. Neilson seems to already be raving about the new Aussie - in years gone by, we would have already signed around 10 journeymen at the same point, and before the transfer window, but the fact is that we are now waiting and only targeting players we think will improve the team - rather than just replacing folk that were signed, and not up to the job in the first place. Lots to be positive about at the moment for sure - thought some of our passing and interchanging play in the first half of the Liedown game was excellent 👍

Good point, I like how we haven't panicked. That also must show the players who weren't released, including younger players, that the manager has faith in them even after all the criticism of the team last season. I think a lot of them seem to want to prove a point or two, including Neilson which is no bad thing. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Normally but the reaction towards Neilson isn't normal. Planes flown calling for his head when going well in the league... polls calling for his head when top of the league and having just beaten Hibs in a cup semi final... weird nicknames that make no sense on posters put up around town... people losing their shit for days after a friendly defeat to Sunderland..... not normal.

TBF TJ, folk posting and being critical or putting their own opinion forward on a Hearts forum is a hell of a lot different to a few nutters hiring planes with banners 🙄 

Not trying to argue at all, but that surely can’t be levelled to anyone who at some point in the past has criticised Robbie! 

Wouldn’t have put that past some vermin bams to have paid for it, such is their obsession with us. (In all honesty) 

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

This is where I am at. Young bench today and going forward would like to see some of them play a part (Henderson apart, who did a job). 

BRAVEHEART1874
50 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

aye but space pirate is still here prob the same ip tae ;)

2 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

This is where I am at. Young bench today and going forward would like to see some of them play a part (Henderson apart, who did a job). 

The young lad Pollock looks good. Henderson can play (just needs to believe in himself and get involved more) 

Think GMS and Josh look lively and direct. Boyce is well Boyce (great player) Souttar and Haring gives us added composure and Halliday looks good. I know he gets a hard press but I like Halliday - gives his absolute all - all this shit about him being a hun. Couldn’t care less as long as he gives his all for us, and out on the park (which he does) 

the young players will need to give their absolute all to dislodge some of our older players and given what they are adding to the team currently. this should inspire the young boys to do better and be on their A game, and having to be consistent and rather than being chucked on for players in the first team and that shouldn’t really be there in the first place. 

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Good point, I like how we haven't panicked. That also must show the players who weren't released, including younger players, that the manager has faith in them even after all the criticism of the team last season. I think a lot of them seem to want to prove a point or two, including Neilson which is no bad thing. 

Listened to RN podcast with Laurie and the other boy the other day. Don’t know if you listened to it or not, but he was saying that he wants us to play attacking football and create loads of chances (he said as a fan) - most definitely coming across as saying that when we don’t do this, it isn’t because we have been instructed or tactically set up to not do it - it might have been a little dig at some of the criticism that has been levelled at Him and by some of the support for some games where we haven’t attacked and penetrated as well as we should have. I had it in my head at times that he was going out to strangle the game before we had even started 

I liked hearing that in all fairness - I guess wanting something, and delivering something is 2 different things, especially where football is concerned. If his desire is to really play like he spoke about in the interview, then I personally am all for this 

Thing about Robbie is he treats every game like a cup final, you can tell he works his bollocks off for the cause and I want him to be a success. The problem with a cup final attitude is that it causes us to sit deep and back ourselves, when in reality we have the talent to dominate and score more. Its a fine balance to be struck but right now wins are all that matter.

The first spell was going like a dream and then after year 2 it all seemed to come crumbling down, he will have learned I'm sure and at worst be a steady manager for us.

7 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

The young lad Pollock looks good. Henderson can play (just needs to believe in himself and get involved more) 

Think GMS and Josh look lively and direct. Boyce is well Boyce (great player) Souttar and Haring gives us added composure and Halliday looks good. I know he gets a hard press but I like Halliday - gives his absolute all - all this shit about him being a hun. Couldn’t care less as long as he gives his all for us, and out on the park (which he does) 

the young players will need to give their absolute all to dislodge some of our older players and given what they are adding to the team currently. this should inspire the young boys to do better and be on their A game, and having to be consistent and rather than being chucked on for players in the first team and that shouldn’t really be there in the first place. 

Thought Halliday was excellent today and what you say is right. A slight problem for the young bench is they not getting played in the youth levels so cant prove much. Was disappointed in McGill being loaned out, seen him a few times and looks like he can hold his own like Pollock. All said, maybe a stretch to much at this stage of the season. Not an easy balance and when new players come in (which they will) means further down the pecking order. 

6 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Thought Halliday was excellent today and what you say is right. A slight problem for the young bench is they not getting played in the youth levels so cant prove much. Was disappointed in McGill being loaned out, seen him a few times and looks like he can hold his own like Pollock. All said, maybe a stretch to much at this stage of the season. Not an easy balance and when new players come in (which they will) means further down the pecking order. 

Good point. Seemingly last year because of the lack of development opportunities and game time, RN didn’t want to throw the youngsters into first team action as he didn’t think they had played enough games and would need 25-30 games in the same team and to play consistently. 

As they weren’t going to get that with us he wants to get them out on loan and then bring them back before throwing them in.

He doesn’t think them staying with us for a season and giving them 4 or 5 starts, as opposed to getting them 30 starts with the likes of Arbroath is more beneficial. Makes sense but then we should expect to see more of them coming in as time goes on 👍

Geoff Kilpatrick

At the start of the season I said Neilson had zero credit in the bank.

A hard fought win over Septic to start the season and then a decent away performance to pick up three points restores some credit. Fair play to him.

Walter Kidd
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It already is. Full of self indulgent spoilt little morons.

Wouldn’t surprise if there are fans on here wanting Hearts to loose just so they can say they were right about Robbie.

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You can only post through maroon tinted glasses.

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I fully believe that Neilson bore a bit of brunt from being associated with Levein, and this may have hampered folks views, but it does seem like a new direction we are going in, and long may it continue 

A lot of truth in this.

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

At the start of the season I said Neilson had zero credit in the bank.

A hard fought win over Septic to start the season and then a decent away performance to pick up three points restores some credit. Fair play to him.

Agreed.

43 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Wouldn’t surprise if there are fans on here wanting Hearts to loose just so they can say they were right about Robbie.

*lose.

37 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:
10 hours ago, martoon said:

Expand  

Exactly where I am.

Most of the Hearts fans that I speak too outside of the fanasy world of prickback are here or here abouts.

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

6 games in, have we found any failings? Shouldn't we be in a relegation battle by now?

We're only 6 points off the bottom, of course we're in a relegation battle!  We ought to be much further clear by this stage of the season! 

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Never once said we would be in a relegation battle, but not stupid enough to be going about with a hardon because we beat Celtic, in a game that was close, St Mirren today good in spells. 

But I'm humble enough that we could be put out the cup next week, by tomorrow both Aberdeen and Hibs could be above us, so I remain humble, like Robbie said 36 games to go. 

If we get put out the cup next week, would you class that as a failing, should Hearts be getting put out at the second round?

Due to the nature of cups, it's completely and utterly stupid to think there's a specific round we should or shouldn't get knocked out in (the exception being that we should always expect to get past the group stage of the league cup given that we're playing lower league teams).

9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Home advantage doesn't mean you will always win.  Not sure how long you've supported Hearts, but in my lifetime we've not gone a quarter of it without beating St Mirren at Tynecastle.

I suppose you'll maybe understand better when you watch St Mirren play against us at Tynecastle.

Finlay James

Mods - Please Close this nonsense thread, it belongs on .net

There is not a Jambo on the planet who would take pleasure from seeing a Hearts manager fail (which Neilson is currently not)

lost in space

I wasnt going to bump my own thread but I did wonder if the thread would re-appear this weekend.  I am glad that it did.

I watched game on "hesgoals" yesterday and I was pleased that we went out to win the game - away from home. Well done to the manager - maybe he has changed. Maybe he has the players that are more suited to the way he wants to play.  Maybe Savage has persuaded him to alter his style.  We dont know - and I dont care why he has changed - if, in fact he has.

I have never hated Neilson - I doubt that many ever have. I did hate the way he set our football team to play.  I hated that his priority was not to lose - rather than to try to win.

We lost our way a bit yesterday as we did against Celtic but that is always going to happen during a game. I accept that we are going to have to defend during a game and cant blindly attack for 90 minutes.

Failings - I dont think he gets the subs on quick enough. To be fair it was a very young bench but Gnando and Henderson and McEneff could have been used earlier.  GMS and Ginnelly were allowed too long.

Signings - he knows we need more - but hope he is prioritising a forward. Without Boyce, we are light up front.

If Neilson continues to try to win - home and away, he will get my full support. I can take us losing - I just cant stand us failing to try to win.

So well done Neilson - deserves praise for the way he has handled the last 2 games.

DOES HE STILL HAVE FAILINGS?? - TIME WILL TELL. I hope he has "turned it around".

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic