Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I wasnt going to bump my own thread but I did wonder if the thread would re-appear this weekend.  I am glad that it did.

I watched game on "hesgoals" yesterday and I was pleased that we went out to win the game - away from home. Well done to the manager - maybe he has changed. Maybe he has the players that are more suited to the way he wants to play.  Maybe Savage has persuaded him to alter his style.  We dont know - and I dont care why he has changed - if, in fact he has.

I have never hated Neilson - I doubt that many ever have. I did hate the way he set our football team to play.  I hated that his priority was not to lose - rather than to try to win.

We lost our way a bit yesterday as we did against Celtic but that is always going to happen during a game. I accept that we are going to have to defend during a game and cant blindly attack for 90 minutes.

Failings - I dont think he gets the subs on quick enough. To be fair it was a very young bench but Gnando and Henderson and McEneff could have been used earlier.  GMS and Ginnelly were allowed too long.

Signings - he knows we need more - but hope he is prioritising a forward. Without Boyce, we are light up front.

If Neilson continues to try to win - home and away, he will get my full support. I can take us losing - I just cant stand us failing to try to win.

So well done Neilson - deserves praise for the way he has handled the last 2 games.

DOES HE STILL HAVE FAILINGS?? - TIME WILL TELL. I hope he has "turned it around".

Pretty well sums up my take on things as well.  We’ll see how things progress as he manages to add some new faces to the squad in positions we are a bit light in.  I’m more enthused about things than I have been for quite a wee while. Quietly confident that we are going to have a pretty good season.

Edited by Deevers

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Wouldn’t surprise if there are fans on here wanting Hearts to loose just so they can say they were right about Robbie.

Some have posted just that. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

At the start of the season I said Neilson had zero credit in the bank.

A hard fought win over Septic to start the season and then a decent away performance to pick up three points restores some credit. Fair play to him.

He'll sleep easier now. 

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Failings - I dont think he gets the subs on quick enough. To be fair it was a very young bench but Gnando and Henderson and McEneff could have been used earlier.  GMS and Ginnelly were allowed too long.

Signings - he knows we need more - but hope he is prioritising a forward. Without Boyce, we are light up front.

Yeah I think the bench yesterday showed some of our weak depth.  Without Walker on it and with Haring on from the start, there wasn't really many options.

The good thing is the versatility of some players like Haring or Smith mean that signing a new CM (as we have done) or RWB would give us an extra emergency option at CB or CM.

I think a RWB, a winger, and a striker and we are looking good.  But it seems I am alone and everyone thinks we should sign a CB.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I wasnt going to bump my own thread but I did wonder if the thread would re-appear this weekend.  I am glad that it did.

I watched game on "hesgoals" yesterday and I was pleased that we went out to win the game - away from home. Well done to the manager - maybe he has changed. Maybe he has the players that are more suited to the way he wants to play.  Maybe Savage has persuaded him to alter his style.  We dont know - and I dont care why he has changed - if, in fact he has.

I have never hated Neilson - I doubt that many ever have. I did hate the way he set our football team to play.  I hated that his priority was not to lose - rather than to try to win.

We lost our way a bit yesterday as we did against Celtic but that is always going to happen during a game. I accept that we are going to have to defend during a game and cant blindly attack for 90 minutes.

If Neilson continues to try to win - home and away, he will get my full support. I can take us losing - I just cant stand us failing to try to win.

So well done Neilson - deserves praise for the way he has handled the last 2 games.

DOES HE STILL HAVE FAILINGS?? - TIME WILL TELL. I hope he has "turned it around".

You still think a Hearts manager plays or played not to win.... 

Do you think the set up was something like-

"OK guys, go out- get beat" 

Or

If we score first, make sure they equalise so we we don't win

Do you really believe that pish? 

Every manager has weaknesses, every team has them, but to start a thread just because the "oot one" lost momentum is sad  and has no further purpose but to lay into Bob and let the rabid gang group up when we get beat or they feel sexually frustrated. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Mods - Please Close this nonsense thread, it belongs on .net

There is not a Jambo on the planet who would take pleasure from seeing a Hearts manager fail (which Neilson is currently not)

Agreed. 

It's also a badly disguised "oot thread". 

Should be merged with the oot thread or like you say launched into the sun. 

lost in space
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

"OK guys, go out get beat" 

Or

Every manager has weaknesses, every team has them, but to start a thread just because the "oot one" lost momentum is sad  and has no further purpose but to lay into Bob and let the rabid gang group up when we get beat. 

SRB - your opening comments are a bit silly. 

Some managers set their teams to attack, more than others. Neilson until now has been more of a defensive manager. EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS. If you dont agree with this obvious premis, you havnt been paying attention!!

I dont lay into Bob when we get beat - I lay into Bob when we dont try hard ENOUGH to win.

Hope this clarifys for you.

If you dont want to give your opinions on this "sad" thread - ok.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

SRB - your opening comments are a bit silly. 

Some managers set their teams to attack, more than others. Neilson until now has been more of a defensive manager. EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS. If you dont agree with this obvious premis, you havnt been paying attention!!

I dont lay into Bob when we get beat - I lay into Bob when we dont try hard ENOUGH to win.

Hope this clarifys for you.

If you dont want to give your opinions on this "sad" thread - ok.

It's not. 

Ofc managers set up different, it's just a different way to WIN a game. 

Look at Bobs stats, goals, wins and league finishes, compare them to the rest of the league and you'll find we are in the top - they do not back up your nonsense statement, even if you type it in bold. 

Look it up 👍

No manager goes out not to win, they just try to get a result in a different way. 

Your whole thread is  embarrassing, it's a not so subtle attempt at trolling. 

Every result Bob gets make you look more daft, so maybe it is worth keeping up.

You'll be able to reflect and give yourself 10 x:vrface:

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"OK guys, go out get beat" 

Or

Every manager has weaknesses, every team has them, but to start a thread just because the "oot one" lost momentum is sad  and has no further purpose but to lay into Bob and let the rabid gang group up when we get beat. 

Or you could just accept @lost in space's post in the spirit that it was intended.

I derived no pleasure in being proved right about Levein when the axe fell. There was no "I told you so's" as ultimately his failure hurt all Hearts supporters.

Similarly there should be no ITYS if (it is still early days) Neilson is in the process of winning over doubters.

The odd Hibs interloper apart, it is Hearts supporters you're pointlessly bickering with, Tosh.

Be glad Hearts are winning.

Those interlopers apart, we are all on the same side.

Governor Tarkin
27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Should be merged with the oot thread or like you say launched into the sun. 

You're already a moderator in your own head, tosh, so why don't you drop the real ones an email and see if there are any jobs going.

10 minutes ago, martoon said:

Or you could just accept @lost in space's post in the spirit that it was intended.

I derived no pleasure in being proved right about Levein when the axe fell. There was no "I told you so's" as ultimately his failure hurt all Hearts supporters.

Similarly there should be no ITYS if (it is still early days) Neilson is in the process of winning over doubters.

The odd Hibs interloper apart, it is Hearts supporters you're pointlessly bickering with, Tosh.

Be glad Hearts are winning.

Those interlopers apart, we are all on the same side.

:spoton:

lost in space

It's not. 

Look at Bobs stats, goals, wins and league finishes, compare them to the rest of the league and you'll find we are in the top - they do not back up your nonsense statement, even if you type it in bold. 

Look it up 👍

No manager goes out not to win, they just try to get a result in a different way. 

You are not "listening" - or trying to understand what I have said. You are just writing.

Yes, managers set up differently.

I agree managers dont set up "not to win" - but some are more prepared to take a draw and not gamble on a win.

If at the end of the season - Neilson has been a success - brilliant, he will have my support.

I dont mind if you think I am daft. 

My views have been that Neilson has not been positive enough in the way he sets up his team/ uses substitutes. 

I will be happy for Neilson to stay if he continues to prioritise winning (as apposed to not losing).

If he reverts to his previous boring, "possession without progression", scared to put players in opposition box, sideways/backwards/sideways passing, slow/slow/slow, football - I hope he is sacked.

I think I have made my view clear. I dont think I am the only one who feels this way.

Others have a different opinion than you do - get over it.  (hope the "bold" doesnt upset you!)

Jeffros Furios
31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not. 

Look it up 👍

Why the need to constantly act the dick ? 

Take a break .

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You're already a moderator in your own head, tosh, so why don't you drop the real ones an email and see if there are any jobs going.

I am waiting to be head hunted.

:fonzie:

56 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

To be fair to the OP, if it's trolling then it's a masterclass, because you've felt the need to post on this thread more than anyone else on Kickback.

Self awareness doesn't come near the top of your skillset does it?

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, lost in space said:

You are not "listening" - or trying to understand what I have said. You are just writing.

Yes, managers set up differently.

I agree managers dont set up "not to win" - but some are more prepared to take a draw and not gamble on a win.

If at the end of the season - Neilson has been a success - brilliant, he will have my support.

I dont mind if you think I am daft. 

My views have been that Neilson has not been positive enough in the way he sets up his team/ uses substitutes. 

I will be happy for Neilson to stay if he continues to prioritise winning (as apposed to not losing).

If he reverts to his previous boring, "possession without progression", scared to put players in opposition box, sideways/backwards/sideways passing, slow/slow/slow, football - I hope he is sacked.

I think I have made my view clear. I dont think I am the only one who feels this way.

Others have a different opinion than you do - get over it.  (hope the "bold" doesnt upset you!)

You have a thread  called "Neilson's failings during season 2021/2"

If you wee being balanced or genuinely interested in a debate/ discussion it would be called "Neilson 21/22" or "Neilson success and failures 20/21"

The thread title is horse shit and set up to cause divide and debate- you are well aware of why you put this thread up and it was not for the reasons you are now stating.

For the bit in bold- take you own advise, others do have an opinion and my opinion is that this thread is horse shite and set up with one thing in mind- to slag the Hearts manager off at every opportunity- why would anyone do that?

And again, look at Bobs league record and tell me how a manager in Scotland with a record of-

Hearts

1st

3rd

left in 2nd ( more games played)

utd-

unsure first season when he taken over mid way.

1st

Hearts

1st

currently 2 WINS from 2

Does not prioritise winning and is a defensive manager?

Not only is the thread title horse shite, your opinion of him being defensive is horse shite with a dollop of bull shit on it, just made up nonsense.

As you say, folk have a different opinion to you, so get over it.👍

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Beni said:

To be fair to the OP, if it's trolling then it's a masterclass, because you've felt the need to post on this thread more than anyone else on Kickback.

Fair point.

Geoff Kilpatrick
22 minutes ago, Beni said:

Boom

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you wee being balanced or genuinely interested in a debate/ discussion it would be called "Neilson 21/22" or "Neilson success and failures 20/21"

The thread title is horse shit and set up to cause divide and debate- you are well aware of why you put this thread up and it was not for the reasons you are now stating.

For the bit in bold- take you own advise, others do have an opinion and my opinion is that this thread is horse shite and set up with one thing in mind- to slag the Hearts manager off at every opportunity- why would anyone do that?

And again, look at Bobs league record and tell me how a manager in Scotland with a record of-

Hearts

1st

3rd

utd-

1st

Hearts

1st

currently 2 WINS from 2

Not only is the thread title horse shite, your opinion of him being defensive is horse shite with a dollop of bull shit on it, just made up nonsense.

FWIW, despite all your faux posturing and slavering you're probably a good sort, tosh, and you generally take the good natured ribbing in the manner that it was intended. 

You do seem to have a limited capacity when it comes to decoding subtlety and nuance, though, which is where the accusations of a lack of self awareness are borne out.

That's not a dig btw, just an observation.

lost in space
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts

1st

3rd

utd-

1st

Hearts

1st

currently 2 WINS from 2

I am sure your post was not meant to be funny - but it is.

Yes, it is called "Neilsons failings" - there is no pretence about it. There is no hidden meaning. 

I hope his obvious failings to date dont re-emerge. If they do - I will list them.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I am sure your post was not meant to be funny - but it is.

Yes, it is called "Neilsons failings" - there is no pretence about it. There is no hidden meaning. 

I hope his obvious failings to date dont re-emerge. If they do - I will list them.

I am sure your post was  meant to be funny- but it isn't.

You'll already have them typed up and ready to copy and past, bet you cannae wait.

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

FWIW, despite all your faux posturing and slavering you're probably a good sort, tosh, and you generally take the good natured ribbing in the manner that it was intended. 

You do seem to have a limited capacity when it comes to decoding subtlety and nuance, though, which is where the accusations of a lack of self awareness are borne out.

That's not a dig btw, just an observation.

Tbh, one thing you are is self aware as supported by your confession that you would like nothing better than to ram it up other Hearts fans should Robbie fail, your admission to being a petty man and that you're  a 90 minute bigot.

Not a dig btw, an observation.

Maybe I'll reflect since the advice has came for a person who is self aware.

👍

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, one thing you are is self aware as supported by your confession that you would like nothing better than to ram it up other Hearts fans should Robbie fail, your admission to being a petty man and that you're  a 90 minute bigot.

Maybe I'll reflect since the advice has came for a person who is self aware.

👍

🤣🤣🤣

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I refer you to my previous comment concerning your limited capacity to decode subtlety or nuance.

One can lead a horse to water, tosh... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Wanted Hearts to lose every game till Robbie is sacked as well.

Quite rightly so. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Wanted Hearts to lose every game till Robbie is sacked as well.

Yip.

and then preaches to others :vrface:

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip.

and then preaches to others :vrface:

I don't preach, tosh, that's your remit.

I point out facts.

Is this stupid thread still running ?

Pathetic nonsense aimed at giving the boo boys a chance to let off steam and invent all sorts of nonsense in a desperate attempt to appear relevant.

There will be ups and downs in every season but just looking for anything then spinning a story says more about those posters than the manager 

At one point there will probably be complaints because he gave the team a day off during the season

He's not perfect but he has during his spells as manager done a pretty solid job and if that has upset a few then hard luck.............get back to your flying lessons and await your turn........with luck it will be a long time coming

PS easy to moan but who would you want to replace him in any case

Savage Vince
10 hours ago, lost in space said:

😁

McGlynn The Money
20 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Some have posted just that. 

The only person who thinks Hearts fans want Hearts to lose just so they can have a go at Robbie, is you. Players come and go, managers do the same and the only constant is the fans.

Looking at the scenes from the Nou Camp, you get the impression that these folk are more Messi fans than Barça fans. It's a similar thing with you as you seem to be more of a Robbie fan than a Hearts fan. Very odd.

11 hours ago, J80MBO said:

One Neilson failing for 20/21 is he did not count on how ridiculous section of hearts fans are.

Biggest failing by far. We are in similar form so another plane will sort that right out though. 

Bazzas right boot
15 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

The only person who thinks Hearts fans want Hearts to lose just so they can have a go at Robbie, is you. Players come and go, managers do the same and the only constant is the fans.

Looking at the scenes from the Nou Camp, you get the impression that these folk are more Messi fans than Barça fans. It's a similar thing with you as you seem to be more of a Robbie fan than a Hearts fan. Very odd.

Folk posted on here saying just that. 

If Robbie left Tommorrow I'd be backing the new guy instantly, just like I did Cathro, Stendel and CL. 

Don't make things up. 

Very odd. 

McGlynn The Money
16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk posted on here saying just that. 

If Robbie left Tommorrow I'd be backing the new guy instantly, just like I did Cathro, Stendel and CL. 

Don't make things up. 

Very odd. 

Don't make things up, claims the guy who says Hearts fans want their team to lose just to get rid of his beloved Robbie. Very odd.

Childishly repeating back to someone something they've just said to you, also very odd.

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Don't make things up, claims the guy who says Hearts fans want their team to lose just to get rid of his beloved Robbie. Very odd.

Childishly repeating back to someone something they've just said to you, also very odd.

It is a fact that, sometime before the Celtic game, one anti-Neilson poster did post that he wanted to see us “papped in every game” until Robbie was gone. That is not made up. I’m not aware of others being as explicit but to me it was there close to the surface in posts from some others. 

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

On 08/08/2021 at 12:09, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts

1st

3rd

utd-

1st

Hearts

1st

currently 2 WINS from 2

Stop your absolute verbal diarrhoea 

Although srb does go a bit overboard there is no doubt that this thread is one massive troll by one of the biggest trolls on here. No more posts from me on this thread and I humbly suggest that others do the same and let this thread die 

6 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

It is a fact that, sometime before the Celtic game, one anti-Neilson poster did post that he wanted to see us “papped in every game” until Robbie was gone. That is not made up. I’m not aware of others being as explicit but to me it was there close to the surface in posts from some others. 

Plenty people have wanted us to lose until RN was sacked especially last season but still feel like that so it really isn’t up for debate. Those saying otherwise are probably bubbling away underneath seething we have made such a good start to the season. Every compliment handed out to the manager is swift with the back of the hand used. Utterly weird behaviour. 

Sone people at least have the balls to not even pretend though. 

Edited by Dazo

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Not a claim. 

2 posters stated they wanted us beat so Robbie gets sacked quicker before the celtic game. 

Adding terms like "beloved", then calls me childish. 

Very odd. 

Anyway, as xb52 states the best way to let this thread die is not post in it. 

Not a claim. 

2 posters stated they wanted us beat so Robbie gets sacked quicker before the celtic game. 

Very odd. 

You're it's league leader, Tosh.

57 thus far.

:rofl:

The Old Tolbooth
36 minutes ago, martoon said:

57 thus far.

Brilliant :lol: 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not a claim. 

Very odd. 

I just think it’s one of the funniest threads ever on this forum, why let it die? It’s classic kickback, created after a win and a clean sheet in preseason. It was a ridiculous thread at the time and I hope that it becomes even more ridiculous as we continue to progress.

McGlynn The Money
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not a claim. 

Very odd. 

3 hours ago, martoon said:

57 thus far.

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Brilliant :lol: 

Tosh loves attention even more than he loves Robbie.

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

That was me, and I'm not an anti-Neilson poster.

Cheers.

Bad Religion
5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not a claim. 

Very odd. 

You should put this thread on ignore Tosh.

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic