• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

18 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Are you not the glazing boy?

I'll smash yer windaes. :seething:

Not my windaes now! 😉

12 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Corners ain't what they used to be and probably never were. About 2.5% of corners lead directly to a goal which is why teams are taking short corners more often than they used to. I agree though that we don't seem to have players who can whip in a really good corner into the right place on a consistent basis. I don't agree about out swingers though, it seems to me that a ball moving away from the goalie and the defenders and towards the attackers is more dangerous than the other way round. A good corner should always put the goalie in two minds whether to come or stay, and it really annoys me when it goes straight to him, goalies always get the benefit of the doubt if he's challenged. 

Not sure about that, it's a difficult one. I always preferred having a run onto an in swinger, preferably near post. Maybe some of the defenders amongst us can confirm what they preferred. It really comes down to the quality of the cross though, so you could be equally right.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

To be perfectly honest, Tosh, the most pleasing thing about Neilson getting the boot would be the ridders on the grovelling sycophants on here. The same ones who smugly blew smoke up Levein's arse and told folk they knew nothing when it was pointed out that he was leading us down the garden path.

I'll freely admit that I'm that petty. 🤷‍♂️

I don't know a single PHM that want's Hearts to fail. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I have fantastic hair. :sweeet:

That was me. Although it was a bit tongue-in-cheek, many a true word is spoken in jest.

The reply to Tosh above probably covers it. 👍

The funny thing is, I and I suspect the others don't care who the Hearts manager is.  If Robbie was sacked tomorrow I'd be backing the next man straight away.

Only the rabid gang make it personal. I was for replacing him after Broro, it never happened- I move on.

And unlike you I am not petty. For example I taken no delight in Stendel taking us to the bottom of the league after he replaced CL.

Progress tho, at least you admit you are petty. Likely explains many things you post on here.

Keep up the good work, you shall be free!

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The funny thing is, I and I suspect the others don't care who the Hearts manager is.  If Robbie was sacked tomorrow I'd be backing the next man straight away.

Only the rabid gang make it personal. I was for replacing him after Broro, it never happened- I move on.

And unlike you I am not petty. For example I taken no delight in Stendel taking us to the bottom of the league after he replaced CL.

Progress tho, at least you admit you are petty. Likely explains many things you post on here.

It's Brora.

How many times, Tosh, are you going to get it wrong? 😄

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, martoon said:

It's Brora.

How many times, Tosh, are you going to get it wrong? 😄

Lots, I've even called them Cove!

Gonna start calling the Diddy team B.

If a team strings a few passes together that means it's retaining possession and the opposition won't score.

Obviously, Hearts missed the sage, calibrated and nuanced advice from our super-coaches who normally attend home games, to 'get it up the park'. 

Yet, we won promotion and scored barrow-loads of goals. Funny old game.

48 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Yet still dull af to watch most weeks.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

If a team strings a few passes together that means it's retaining possession and the opposition won't score.

Obviously, Hearts missed the sage, calibrated and nuanced advice from our super-coaches who normally attend home games, to 'get it up the park'. 

It’s not about lumping it up the park, it’s about moving the ball quickly, movemtn and driving into space when the opportunity exists. 

half the time we play over 65’s walking football. 

the difference when walker came on against Inverness and did just that was massive 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s not about lumping it up the park, it’s about moving the ball quickly, movemtn and driving into space when the opportunity exists. 

half the time we play over 65’s walking football. 

the difference when walker came on against Inverness and did just that was massive 

The proof will be there for all to see once the real stuff starts. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Just wondering when the thread for Neilson's successes is being launched...

12 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Just wondering when the thread for Neilson's successes is being launched...

Hopefully just after he is. :whistling:

4 hours ago, Darren said:

Yet still dull af to watch most weeks.

and completely lacking in atmosphere.... 

5 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Anybody can see there are issues with the possession football we play. Not enough movement off the ball, limiting forward options and even when there is the chance to get the ball forward, opting for a sideways or backwards pass anyway.

The way we play it, it’s slow ineffective and will put the defence under unnecessary pressure against better teams or teams who press us as high up the park as our back line. 

There were plenty warning signs that it wasn’t working last season. 

Edited by GinRummy

Governor Tarkin
17 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Only the rabid gang make it personal.

It is personal when you've chucked a five figure sum at the club over the past few years over and above match tickets and strips for the wee men. Nobody likes being taken for a mug, and that's exactly what some at the club over that period have taken us for. My emotional attachment is to the club, not the charlatans that inhabit it's corridors.

Why would you? It's hardly worth patting yourself on the back over. The only reason anyone would have taken delight in Stendel failing would be either Hibs, or have their head so far up their golden bhoy Lhveins farter that they could admire his dentistry.

:interehjrling:

I'd lask you to expand on the bit in bold, Tosh, but I wouldn't hold out much hope of an insightful answer. You're like one of those wee nodding dugs you used to see on car dashboards.

VigilantFamiliarDuiker-size_restricted.g

50 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Anybody can see there are issues with the possession football we play. Not enough movement off the ball, limiting forward options and even when there is the chance to get the ball forward, opting for a sideways or backwards pass anyway.

The way we play it, it’s slow ineffective and will put the defence under unnecessary pressure against better teams or teams who press us as high up the park as our back line. 

:spoton:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

We do try to keep the ball, like most modern teams.

Genuine question. how did we create so many chances on Sunday despite allegedly playing this sideways, backways football? And do people know that sometimes passing it about a bit at the back is to give the forward players a wee breather, sometimes it's to regroup, sometimes it's to kill the opposition's momentum by keeping the ball off them, and sometimes it genuinely is an attempt to dominate possession to restrict the other team's chances of scoring and increase our chances.

I don't care about style personally. I love a good direct punt to a striker who knocks it down as much as I like slick passing. Whatever leads to as many goals or shots on goal is good football to me.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It is personal when you've chucked a five figure sum at the club over the past few years over and above match tickets and strips for the wee men. Nobody likes being taken for a mug, and that's exactly what some at the club over that period have taken us for. My emotional attachment is to the club, not the charlatans that inhabit it's corridors.

Why would you? It's hardly worth patting yourself on the back over. The only reason anyone would have taken delight in Stendel failing would be either Hibs, or have their head so far up their golden bhoy Lhveins farter that they could admire his dentistry.

:interehjrling:

I'd lask you to expand on the bit in bold, Tosh, but I wouldn't hold out much hope of an insightful answer. You're like one of those wee nodding dugs you used to see on car dashboards.

VigilantFamiliarDuiker-size_restricted.g

:spoton:

The response of a petty man. 

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We do try to keep the ball, like most modern teams.

Genuine question. how did we create so many chances on Sunday despite allegedly playing this sideways, backways football? And do people know that sometimes passing it about a bit at the back is to give the forward players a wee breather, sometimes it's to regroup, sometimes it's to kill the opposition's momentum by keeping the ball off them, and sometimes it genuinely is an attempt to dominate possession to restrict the other team's chances of scoring and increase our chances.

I don't care about style personally. I love a good direct punt to a striker who knocks it down as much as I like slick passing. Whatever leads to as many goals or shots on goal is good football to me.

I never called it sideways, backwards football and wouldn’t because it isn’t just that . I said there were issues with it. Sometimes it is for the reasons you say but sometimes, and your bound to have noticed, there isn’t enough movement off the ball from forward players and sometimes there are attacking options but the defender or defensive midfielder either doesn’t see them or considers them too risky.

The goal on Sunday came from a goal kick. We need to stop being as predictable in attack and a tad more cavalier imo. We play nice stuff at times but it still needs work,  as a style of play which is designed to frustrate the opposition can end up frustrating us more than anyone. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, GinRummy said:

I never called it sideways, backwards football and wouldn’t because it isn’t just that . I said there were issues with it. Sometimes it is for the reasons you say but sometimes, and your bound to have noticed, there isn’t enough movement off the ball from forward players and sometimes there are attacking options but the defender or defensive midfielder either doesn’t see them or considers them too risky.

The goal on Sunday came from a goal kick. We need to stop being as predictable in attack and a tad more cavalier imo. We play nice stuff at times but it still needs work,  as a style of play which is designed to frustrate the opposition can end up frustrating us more than anyone. 

Bit of truth in there. 

Scottish football is largely about not making mistakes, win the second balls abd try and force the opposition into mistakes. 

Possession football sometimes seems hard work for little reward. 

Bit Harsh regarding Sunday tho, we create chances through good moves and being direct. 

Luck, poor finishing and decent goal keeping kept it at 1.

ICT done Litterally nothing the second half. 

Even when their GK smacked the ball of his own players back it ended up directly back in his arms, 2 yards either side and it was in the goal, not to mention the double post incident. 

Very lucky. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We had 21 shots on target, though - some were down to good movement and players beating their man.  Problem was down to finishing.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Bit of truth in there. 

Scottish football is largely about not making mistakes, win the second balls abd try and force the opposition into mistakes. 

Possession football sometimes seems hard work for little reward. 

Bit Harsh regarding Sunday tho, we create chances through good moves and being direct. 

Luck, poor finishing and decent goal keeping kept it at 1.

ICT done Litterally nothing the second half. 

Even when their GK smacked the ball of his own players back it ended up directly back in his arms, 2 yards either side and it was in the goal, not to mention the double post incident. 

Very lucky. 

Unlike some folk, I was mostly happy with Sunday’s performance. We were in control throughout and a bit unfortunate in front of goal. The point about the goal on Sunday coming from a goal kick was really just to show that it’s good to mix it up a bit at times. 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

We had 21 shots on target, though - some were down to good movement and players beating their man.  Problem was down to finishing.

I wasn’t just talking about Sunday. Despite a few dull periods where I thought players should have been a bit more adventurous, we done enough to win that game 3 or 4 nil. Just a bit unlucky. My point is that there is, very clearly in my eyes, still a fair bit of work to do, for the reasons I stated. 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I wasn’t just talking about Sunday. Despite a few dull periods where I thought players should have been a bit more adventurous, we done enough to win that game 3 or 4 nil. Just a bit unlucky. My point is that there is, very clearly in my eyes, still a fair bit of work to do, for the reasons I stated. 

There is, but hopefully some of that is down to the players we need to bring in to fill some gaps.  Clearly losing one player in Souttar forced us to change our defensive shape and that is not really good enough to get us through the season.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

There is, but hopefully some of that is down to the players we need to bring in to fill some gaps.  Clearly losing one player in Souttar forced us to change our defensive shape and that is not really good enough to get us through the season.

It has had a knock on effect aye. As I just said on another thread, a couple of quality signings, though ideally I’d like 3 or 4, in defence and midfield could make a huge difference. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Unlike some folk, I was mostly happy with Sunday’s performance. We were in control throughout and a bit unfortunate in front of goal. The point about the goal on Sunday coming from a goal kick was really just to show that it’s good to mix it up a bit at times. 

100%

One could also argue that possession football tires defences and that leads to more opportunities later in games. 

Not sure we're quite there yet🙄 and on Saturday we'll Likley be a bit deeper and direct given the nature of the game. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Top 6 Deary me 

That’s how much we have fallen.

32 minutes ago, frankblack said:

21 shots on target. That's pretty good going. From all accounts, Ridgers played well. 

And (correct me if I am wrong) other teams out-performed us partly by getting 3-0 walkovers because of Covid.

To put it another way, we were very unlucky not to be seeded, and the fact that we were not seeded does not reflect on our management.

I can live with that.

Yet Kickback on Sunday night was a Sack the Manager Fest. Yet again. 

Famous 1874
21 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

4th biggest budget = below 4th is a failure, 4 is expected and anything above is good. Although would sacrifice 4th for cup success. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The response of a petty man. 

The response of a man that lacks the capacity to think for himself.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

lost in space
21 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

21 shots on target. That's pretty good going. From all accounts, Ridgers played well. 

And (correct me if I am wrong) other teams out-performed us partly by getting 3-0 walkovers because of Covid.

To put it another way, we were very unlucky not to be seeded, and the fact that we were not seeded does not reflect on our management.

I can live with that.

It's all about opinions but I can't agree that our non-seeding does not reflect on the management.

During the first 3 games we did not win by many goals although opposition was very poor.

Against ICT we started poorly and didn't command the game, making sure that there were goals. We could afford to lose one.

In second half, Walker took ball to the corners - he did not seem to realise we needed another goal.

The team was not motivated to score 2 or more goals.

We had already qualified.

Neilson and his team failed on their ONE objective of the day.

Of course this reflects on the manager.

3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

It's all about opinions but I can't agree that our non-seeding does not reflect on the management.

During the first 3 games we did not win by many goals although opposition was very poor.

Against ICT we started poorly and didn't command the game, making sure that there were goals. We could afford to lose one.

In second half, Walker took ball to the corners - he did not seem to realise we needed another goal.

The team was not motivated to score 2 or more goals.

We had already qualified.

Neilson and his team failed on their ONE objective of the day.

Of course this reflects on the manager.

What does 21 shots on goal say about the manager?

On 25/07/2021 at 19:36, Rc55 said:

Neilson has  just said twice on BBC "It is a great draw for us".    That rivals  his "money spinner" fiasco.

Only Rangers  at Ibrox  gives  us less chance of winning.  His comment  beggars belief.  

He should just say its a crap draw and effectively means we're out the cup. That'll gee up the player and get the fans on side! 🤦🏻

lost in space
2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

21 shots were obviously not enough!

Had the players been motivated to score 2 or more from the start, they probably would have - rather than waiting for the second half.

How many times??

12 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

We were ok on Sunday but the biggest thing it says was we were playing Inverness tbh. 

51 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I can live with that.

Nope - think you are spot on.

Given that the foamers on here were throwing the toys out their prams after losing a bounce game to Sunderland, its entirely predictable.

14 minutes ago, lost in space said:

21 shots were obviously not enough!

Had the players been motivated to score 2 or more from the start, they probably would have - rather than waiting for the second half.

How many times??

:rofl:

Yeah its all about our manager being shit and not being able to motivate the players. :sleep1:

Football is played over 90 minutes and the players should have scored more than 1 from those chances, but I'm not losing my shit over it unlike you.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We've just been promoted from "falling" down to the Championship and being shit for some time before that happened. 👍

Now the expectation for some on here is to finish in the top 3 minimum.  You couldn't make it up.

Hopefully we will finish around the top 3, but there are a number of teams with more balanced squads than us as it stands right now so its far from a given.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I think it often depends who we're playing. When space is hard to find against very defensive teams - like almost everyone last season - there won't be so much movement as there simply isn't much space to move into.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think it often depends who we're playing. When space is hard to find against very defensive teams - like almost everyone last season - there won't be so much movement as there simply isn't much space to move into.

Exactly - this year teams will see us as there for the taking as a promoted side, and initially have a go when they visit Tynie.

lost in space
23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:rofl:

Yeah its all about our manager being shit and not being able to motivate the players. :sleep1:

Football is played over 90 minutes and the players should have scored more than 1 from those chances, but I'm not losing my shit over it unlike you.

I have NEVER said the manager is shit. This is more like the language YOU would use.

I didn't say he was not able to motivate the players.

What he didn't do was motivate the players to score from first minute.

You are not "losing your shit"???

So you are keeping it then??

Thanks for the laugh. You are a funny guy.

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

I have NEVER said the manager is shit. This is more like the language YOU would use.

I didn't say he was not able to motivate the players.

What he didn't do was motivate the players to score from first minute.

You are not "losing your shit"???

So you are keeping it then??

Thanks for the laugh. You are a funny guy.

You clearly inferred that from your statement no matter how hard you deny it.

I find it hilarious you are getting so angry about a decent performance and win at home.

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Aye, that’s fair. I think this season teams will come with a different approach. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not expecting them to play into our hands and have a gung-ho approach but I do expect them to press us much higher up the pitch. That is, hopefully where the pacey players like Ginelly give us an advantage.

12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Exactly - this year teams will see us as there for the taking as a promoted side, and initially have a go when they visit Tynie.

They'll all be targeting 3 points from Tynecastle this season. 

lost in space
Just now, frankblack said:

You clearly inferred that from your statement no matter how hard you deny it.

I find it hilarious you are getting so angry about a decent performance and win at home.

Ah, I see - I "inferred".....

Perhaps better if you dealt with what I actually write.

"Angry" - NOT in any way. Very disappointed that Neilson does not learn.

How can you call it a decent performance? - we had one objective and failed.

You are funny.

Rocky jamboa
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

It was 21 shots on goal. 12 shots on target so 9 off target. I had to check that as was thinking there is so way we had 21 shots on target on Sunday! 

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Perhaps better if you dealt with what I actually write.

"Angry" - NOT in any way. Very disappointed that Neilson does not learn.

How can you call it a decent performance? - we had one objective and failed.

You are funny.

We won the game and played well, while other teams got given 3-0 wins.  I can live with it, so you need to grow up.

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, lost in space said:

You didn't infer, you implied. Frank inferred.

lost in space
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We won the game and played well, while other teams got given 3-0 wins.  I can live with it, so you need to grow up.

We played well for part of the game.

We knew (unlike the other teams) exactly what was required.

We failed.

I can live with it - but I would rather live with a manager who was more likely to succeed.

Thank you for your advice but would only take advice from those who don't mis-quote me.

You are funny though.

11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You didn't infer, you implied. Frank inferred.

O Grade English in da house. 😀

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic