Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

lost in space
11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You didn't infer, you implied. Frank inferred.

Thanks Gov - I didn't even know I was doing either. Maybe I am smarting than I thought...........

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

38 minutes ago, lost in space said:

We played well for part of the game.

We knew (unlike the other teams) exactly what was required.

We failed.

I can live with it - but I would rather live with a manager who was more likely to succeed.

Thank you for your advice but would only take advice from those who don't mis-quote me.

You are funny though.

Go on, enlighten us - who is going to come here with a better SPFL record and improve us? Neil Lennon, Derek Mcinnes? Tommy Wright?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Aye, that’s fair. I think this season teams will come with a different approach. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not expecting them to play into our hands and have a gung-ho approach but I do expect them to press us much higher up the pitch. That is, hopefully where the pacey players like Ginelly give us an advantage.

I don't know why people are judging Neilson on last season and refusing to see how defensive teams were against us. He's proven in his first 2.5 seasons and against Hibs and Celtic last year that he can have us competing against better teams. Last season was not an indication for this season. A better indicator has to be the Hibs and Celtic games and how we played in a more open Championship and the Premiership under him previously. But no one really knows how we'll get on until we play a lot more games.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't know why people are judging Neilson on last season and refusing to see how defensive teams were against us. He's proven in his first 2.5 seasons and against Hibs and Celtic last year that he can have us competing against better teams. Last season was not an indication for this season. A better indicator has to be the Hibs and Celtic games and how we played in a more open Championship and the Premiership under him previously. But no one really knows how we'll get on until we play a lot more games.

Nail on head in last sentence. We can talk all we like but the bottom line is we will soon find out. Hopefully he’ll be backed in the transfer market this close season to give him a fair chance. 

Edited by GinRummy

lost in space
14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Go on, enlighten us - who is going to come here with a better SPFL record and improve us? Neil Lennon, Derek Mcinnes? Tommy Wright?

I honestly don't know. None of the 3 listed is for sure.

I don't know enough about Andrew McKinlay but Joe Savage seems to be professional. I would hope they can recruit an improvement on the present incumbent.

I don't hate Robbie Neilson. He seems a very nice family man.

He just doesn't seem to have the motivational or tactical ability or even a positive enough approach to the game.

I don't think he can change but I hope he does.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, lost in space said:

I honestly don't know. None of the 3 listed is for sure.

I don't know enough about Andrew McKinlay but Joe Savage seems to be professional. I would hope they can recruit an improvement on the present incumbent.

I don't hate Robbie Neilson. He seems a very nice family man.

He just doesn't seem to have the motivational or tactical ability or even a positive enough approach to the game.

I don't think he can change but I hope he does.

He's literally changed the entire formation and a fair bit of the approach to games in the last 10 competitive games from what we saw before, with good results albeit against poor opposition. So there's that. Also, didn't he get stick for "tinkering"  in his first spell? That doesn't suggest an unwillingness to try different things.

Edited by ToqueJambo

lost in space
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's literally changed the entire formation and a fair bit of the approach to games in the last 10 games from what we saw before. So there's that. Also, wasn't;t his nickname "the tinkerer" amongst some in his first spell? That doesn't suggest an unwillingness to try different things.

I listed the areas that in my opinion, were the areas where I thought he was lacking - tactics, motivation and positivity. These are the areas where I didn't think he can change. 

He did change us when he was here before though - he changed us from an attractive, attacking team (that won the championship) to a boring, defensive team.

I think he was called the "Tinkerman". Although that may have been Levein - difficult to tell them apart.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

It was 21 shots on goal. 12 shots on target so 9 off target. I had to check that as was thinking there is so way we had 21 shots on target on Sunday! 

Quite, the 2 efforts of the post would have been of target as well. 

Not been keeping up with this thread since we haven’t kicked a league ball yet. Is winning the group undefeated without conceding a goal been put the failings column ? Just want to update my spreadsheet. 

Edited by Dazo

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Not been keeping up with this thread since we haven’t kicked a league ball yet. Is winning the group undefeated without conceding a goal been put the failings column ? Just want to update my spreadsheet. 

The organizational ability of Stirling Albion, Cove and Peter head is something many experts ignore. Hence, the difficulty in scoring more than 2 goals in any game for the Premiership new boys.  Harsh to add to failings column. Then you've got the covid awarded wins. What chance did we seriously have?

Brick Tamland
16 hours ago, lost in space said:

It's all about opinions but I can't agree that our non-seeding does not reflect on the management.

During the first 3 games we did not win by many goals although opposition was very poor.

Against ICT we started poorly and didn't command the game, making sure that there were goals. We could afford to lose one.

In second half, Walker took ball to the corners - he did not seem to realise we needed another goal.

The team was not motivated to score 2 or more goals.

We had already qualified.

Neilson and his team failed on their ONE objective of the day.

Of course this reflects on the manager.

21 shots, 12 on target would suggest otherwise.

16 hours ago, lost in space said:

21 shots were obviously not enough!

Had the players been motivated to score 2 or more from the start, they probably would have - rather than waiting for the second half.

How many times??

We had 5 shots saved, 3 blocked, 3 off target and 4 corners in the first half. Does that honestly sound like we waited on the second half?  Do you think the players thought I'm not motivated to win this game so I'll ***** about in the first half and see if the gaffer can get me up for the second half.

15 hours ago, lost in space said:

I didn't say he was not able to motivate the players.

What he didn't do was motivate the players to score from first minute.

"Had the players been motivated" would suggest that you thought they weren't so by inference you are actually saying he wasn't able to motivate the players.

11 hours ago, lost in space said:

I listed the areas that in my opinion, were the areas where I thought he was lacking - tactics, motivation and positivity. These are the areas where I didn't think he can change. 

He did change us when he was here before though - he changed us from an attractive, attacking team (that won the championship) to a boring, defensive team.

I think he was called the "Tinkerman". Although that may have been Levein - difficult to tell them apart.

If 61% possesion, 21 shots, 12 on target, 2 shots hitting the post, 7 corners and their keeper having at least 5 outstanding saves

is boring and defensive I would love to see what sort of stats we should have that would please you.

Brick Tamland
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Yes, it is an unmitigated failing, it is also boring and defensive that we had 21 shots at goal, 12 on target, hit the post twice and had 7 corners.

lost in space
4 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

21 shots, 12 on target would suggest otherwise.

We had 5 shots saved, 3 blocked, 3 off target and 4 corners in the first half. Does that honestly sound like we waited on the second half?  Do you think the players thought I'm not motivated to win this game so I'll ***** about in the first half and see if the gaffer can get me up for the second half.

"Had the players been motivated" would suggest that you thought they weren't so by inference you are actually saying he wasn't able to motivate the players.

If 61% possesion, 21 shots, 12 on target, 2 shots hitting the post, 7 corners and their keeper having at least 5 outstanding saves

is boring and defensive I would love to see what sort of stats we should have that would please you.

I have never had a stalker before - I am so proud!!

You have quoted me from different postings and quoted - impressive.

Let me clarify for you -

Neilsons teams, (before he left last time and since return) have been boring to watch + he cant motivate + he is no tactician + is too defensive.

Against ICT - we needed to score 2 or more (losing 4-2 would have had same effect as winning 1-0) - yet he could not set out his team to go at ICT from the start and make sure we got the 2 goals.

The ONLY stat that mattered against a Championship team at Tynecastle was "1-0" = FAILURE on the day.

With new players arriving, I hope he will be able to change but I doubt that he will. 

I want him to succeed - but I doubt that he will.

Jambof3tornado
15 hours ago, frankblack said:

We won the game and played well, while other teams got given 3-0 wins.  I can live with it, so you need to grow up.

We really didnt play well. We were mediocre against a poor side whose keeper made a few decent stops, most of which were down his throat!!

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Let me clarify for you -

Neilsons teams, (before he left last time and since return) have been boring to watch + he cant motivate + he is no tactician + is too defensive.

You are clearly talking shite.  Last time wins Championship at a canter, then finishes 3rd and was in 2nd when he left the club.

Against ICT - we needed to score 2 or more (losing 4-2 would have had same effect as winning 1-0) - yet he could not set out his team to go at ICT from the start and make sure we got the 2 goals.

The ONLY stat that mattered against a Championship team at Tynecastle was "1-0" = FAILURE on the day.

With new players arriving, I hope he will be able to change but I doubt that he will. 

That is a truly pathetic argument, showing Sellick levels of self-entitlement.  Perhaps you need to find a club more suited to your expectations?

10 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We really didnt play well. We were mediocre against a poor side whose keeper made a few decent stops, most of which were down his throat!!

:cornette:

There is a vast gulf between playing fairly decent and not playing well.

ICT were far from mediocre, but that is always the argument from those looking to stick the boot in.

- Win the championship because all the other teams are shite.

- Win all 4 games in the LC group because all the other teams are shite.

- Don't get seeded despite two teams that did having been awarded 3-0 wins for Covid.

etc, etc.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is a truly pathetic argument, showing Sellick levels of self-entitlement.  Perhaps you need to find a club more suited to your expectations?

We need more acceptance of mediocrity imo.

Brick Tamland
15 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Let me clarify for you -

To quote myself and the points you have chosen not to address...

21 shots, 12 on target would suggest otherwise. - Agree or disagree?

We had 5 shots saved, 3 blocked, 3 off target and 4 corners in the first half. Does that honestly sound like we waited on the second half?  Agree or disagree?

Do you think the players thought I'm not motivated to win this game so I'll ***** about in the first half and see if the gaffer can get me up for the second half. Agree or disagree?

"Had the players been motivated" would suggest that you thought they weren't so by inference you are actually saying he wasn't able to motivate the players. Are you saying he was or wasn't able to motivate the players?

is boring and defensive I would love to see what sort of stats we should have that would please you. - We can't really take into account goalkeepers having some outstanding saves from shots on target that kept the score 1-0 and not 6-0 - so what stats would convince you that we aren't boring or defensive?

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:cornette:

There is a vast gulf between playing fairly decent and not playing well.

ICT were far from mediocre, but that is always the argument from those looking to stick the boot in.

- Win the championship because all the other teams are shite.

- Win all 4 games in the LC group because all the other teams are shite.

- Don't get seeded despite two teams that did having been awarded 3-0 wins for Covid.

etc, etc.

Ict offered very little going forward and were organised and worked hard. Just the kind of team we constantly struggle to breakdown with pedestrian passing around at the back and out to the wingbacks.

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

No I think there are still plenty accepting of it.

The celtic game will give us more of a clue where we are as other than Sunderland we have played nobody of note.

lost in space
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are clearly talking shite.  Last time wins Championship at a canter, then finishes 3rd and was in 2nd when he left the club.

I do have a level of self-entitlement.

I believe that I am entitled to watch a team that tries to win games (rather than not lose them).

I believe that I am entitled to watch a team that is motivated to win.

I believe that I am entitled to see a team where our only excellent striker is not playing in midfield.

I believe that I am entitled to see a team that are playing to tactics the payers understand.

I believe that I am entitled to watch a team who are not content to play pass/pass/pass without an end product.

I believe that I am entitled to watch players who are not content to pass the ball back because they are scared to lose possession.

I believe Hearts should be suited to these expectations.

Your comments are actually getting funnier - "sellick"??? cos I want more from my club. REALLY??

lost in space
13 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

To quote myself and the points you have chosen not to address...

21 shots, 12 on target would suggest otherwise. - Agree or disagree?

We had 5 shots saved, 3 blocked, 3 off target and 4 corners in the first half. Does that honestly sound like we waited on the second half?  Agree or disagree?

Do you think the players thought I'm not motivated to win this game so I'll ***** about in the first half and see if the gaffer can get me up for the second half. Agree or disagree?

"Had the players been motivated" would suggest that you thought they weren't so by inference you are actually saying he wasn't able to motivate the players. Are you saying he was or wasn't able to motivate the players?

is boring and defensive I would love to see what sort of stats we should have that would please you. - We can't really take into account goalkeepers having some outstanding saves from shots on target that kept the score 1-0 and not 6-0 - so what stats would convince you that we aren't boring or defensive?

What is this - the Spanish Inquisition???? No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition.....

The stats against ICT (on their own) are impressive - but of course the stats do not tell the full story.

Motivation of players - no, I dont think the players were motivated enough to go out and score from the start.

It was a unique game in that we knew exactly what we needed - but we didnt show enough urgency to get a score we needed. 

I have not said that we were boring/defensive against ICT - try to keep up.

We have mostly been boring/defensive while Neislon has been in charge - in my opinion.

Fascinating as it has been - I doubt that the readers of this thread want to see more or our question and answer session. 

Brick Tamland

What is this - the Spanish Inquisition???? No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition.....

The stats against ICT (on their own) are impressive - but of course the stats do not tell the full story. - So the stats are impressive

Motivation of players - no, I dont think the players were motivated enough to go out and score from the start. - But the impressive first half stats would strongly suggest otherwise.

It was a unique game in that we knew exactly what we needed - but we didnt show enough urgency to get a score we needed. Despite the impressive stats suggesting otherwise.

I have not said that we were boring/defensive against ICT - try to keep up. "he changed us from an attractive, attacking team (that won the championship) to a boring, defensive team" - but not against ICT?

We have mostly been boring/defensive while Neislon has been in charge - in my opinion. Ah so just mostly now and not the implied all the time based on your quote "he changed us from an attractive, attacking team (that won the championship) to a boring, defensive team"

Fascinating as it has been - I doubt that the readers of this thread want to see more or our question and answer session.  You didn't really answer the questions but fair enough, I'll leave it now with your arguments all over the place.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

If winning all 4 LC games is mediocrity, then I want more of it. :lol:

55 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Ict offered very little going forward and were organised and worked hard. Just the kind of team we constantly struggle to breakdown with pedestrian passing around at the back and out to the wingbacks.

We beat them 3-0 at home at the end of last season.

With the shots on/off target stat it suggests we didn't struggle to break them down, its just our strikers didn't take all their chances.  The manager can't do much about that.

53 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I do have a level of self-entitlement.

I believe that I am entitled to watch a team that tries to win games (rather than not lose them).

I believe that I am entitled to watch a team that is motivated to win.

I believe that I am entitled to see a team where our only excellent striker is not playing in midfield.

I believe that I am entitled to see a team that are playing to tactics the payers understand.

I believe that I am entitled to watch a team who are not content to play pass/pass/pass without an end product.

I believe that I am entitled to watch players who are not content to pass the ball back because they are scared to lose possession.

I believe Hearts should be suited to these expectations.

Your comments are actually getting funnier - "sellick"??? cos I want more from my club. REALLY??

You are all over the place, as @Brick Tamland has already pointed out.

Governor Tarkin
22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If winning all 4 LC games is mediocrity, then I want more of it. :lol:

It's early days, frank. Last season wppe were no better than mediocre for a club of our supposed stature and relative wealth, and we were increasingly horrific for circa 18 months before that. 

I won't be happy until we are competing around the top half of the table on a consistent basis, and as fans we are able to turn up at most games half confident of a pleasing performance and a decent result. I want something to get excited about. The grind is called the grind for a reason.

That's not a sense of entitlement, btw. It's what every fan of every club would want; it's that we should be in a better position to deliver it than most.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more tantrums and huffs imo.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's early days, frank. Last season wppe were no better than mediocre for a club of our supposed stature and relative wealth, and we were increasingly horrific for circa 18 months before that. 

I won't be happy until we are competing around the top half of the table on a consistent basis, and as fans we are able to turn up at most games half confident of a pleasing performance and a decent result. I want something to get excited about. The grind is called the grind for a reason.

That's not a sense of entitlement, btw. It's what every fan of every club would want; it's that we should be in a better position to deliver it than most.

Robbie had us doing that last time and iirc you were a moaning , greetin faced bairn!

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We need more tantrums and huffs imo.

Look no further than your bathroom mirror.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Robbie had us doing that last time and iirc you were a moaning , greetin faced bairn!

You remember incorrectly, tosh, which doesn't surprise me, seing that you're a thick, slavering, Hibs cup winning, tit.

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You remember incorrectly, tosh, which doesn't surprise me, seing that you're a thick, slavering, Hibs cup winning, tit.

:yas:

29 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We had a mixed season - met our target in the league, knocked the filth out of the cup semi, but form dipped after Christmas until the closing month or so.  Rumours are JS started kicking some backsides.

We were showing good attacking form at the end of the season and have started Ok so far.  However we need to strengthen to step up.

We want to see improvements but we need to be realistic with comparing our squad as it stands to those teams targeting top 3/4.

There are a good few torn faced losers on here... :whistling:

Edited by frankblack

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The post of a self proclaimed, petty  90 minute bigot who Cannae wait until Robbie is sacked so he can stick it up other Hearts fans.

Also, if you are going to call someone thick- make sure you spell " seeing" correctly.

:glorious:

19 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

200 year ban on here for abuse of that magnitude. Goodbye sweet Prince.

Back to Jobby Nilsun.

I'd rather he put the boot in to the lunatic fringe support and asked them to not bother with football and stick to the B&B.

That's his major failing imo. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The post of a self proclaimed, petty  90 minute bigot who Cannae wait until Robbie is sacked so he can stick it up other Hearts fans.

Also, if you are going to call someone thick- make sure you spell " seeing" correctly.

:glorious:

I was dumbing down my post in the hope you'd understand it. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I was dumbing down my post in the hope you'd understand it. 

Personal abuse over the internet- always a sign of intellect, just like pettiness and being a 90 minute bigot- all top signs of intelligence.

Thanks for dumbing it down . Mucho Appreciated.

Jambof3tornado
31 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Lol.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Back to Jobby Nilsun.

I'd rather he put the boot in to the lunatic fringe support and asked them to not bother with football and stick to the B&B.

:(

It wasn't even worth it, Bullie, but appreciate you giving the plod the heads up.

if O'Nheilson showed those kind of minerals the lunatic fringe would probably lap it up and get onside.

Or set fire to Budge's manor. 🤷‍♂️ 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Back to Jobby Nilsun.

He's getting there.

He was one step away from directly telling all the arseholes moaning in our support to stick to sky and not bother with us.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Personal abuse over the internet- always a sign of intellect, just like pettiness and being a 90 minute bigot- all top signs of intelligence.

Thanks for dumbing it down . Mucho Appreciated.

Intellect is something I possess in abundance, tosh. So much so, in fact, that I occasionally try to share some of it with you. You're lack of self awareness renders this an act of futility, vut I feel it's my duty to at least try.

Believing anything folk post on the internet, however. Now thats the sign of an, erm..

34 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Remind me who it was who posted they hoped we get “papped” in every game till Neilson gets booted?

Disappointed in you Gov. Despite a couple of head banging moments between you and I in the past I have actually enjoyed reading the vast majority of your posts since.

The hypocrisy though bringing up Toshs comment from way back when to then say what you did reeks.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Intellect is something I possess in abundance, tosh. So much so, in fact, that I occasionally try to share some of it with you. You're lack of self awareness renders this an act of futility, vut I feel it's my duty to at least try.

Believing anything folk post on the internet, however. Now thats the sign of an, erm..

You've confused "anything" with "everything".

Not having a good day with this intellect you allegedly possess.

Anyway, as per you stray off topic and start a barrage  of personal abuse , it's a bit boring.

Talking about self awareness- You are trying to hard to be edgy now, trying to hard to get some  adulation from the board.  So much so that  you are coming across as the petty, 90 minute bigot who hopes Hearts get papped that you proclaimed to be.

You cheering on celtic this weekend , hoping they pap us so that Bob gets the boot quicker?

Edited by Smith's right boot

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Remind me who it was who posted they hoped we get “papped” in every game till Neilson gets booted?

Disappointed in you Gov. Despite a couple of head banging moments between you and I in the past I have actually enjoyed reading the vast majority of your posts since.

The hypocrisy though bringing up Toshs comment from way back when to then say what you did reeks.

I'm dissapointed in you too, Vlad. I'd have thought that my direction of travel would resonate immediately with a mischief maker like yourself. :(

mickycameron98
On 25/07/2021 at 19:30, lost in space said:

I hope this is a very short topic and this is the last day that I will use it. Unfortunately, I think it will run til until November when he leaves the club.

FAILURE today - at home v Championship team and cant score 2 goals.

To be fair, lots of shots on target and Ridgers has a great game. We have won the 4 games.

BUT - plays Halliday in defence and Boyce in midfield. Hearts only need 2 goals and can afford to lose 1 - but cant do it. PATHETIC.

Some would say team selection was innovative or creative - others would say - " he doesnt have a clue"!!

Boyce is our best chance of a goal - so in midfield.  Took the team too long to take control of the game- into second half.

Our group is poor but we cant score enough and other poor Prem teams go through instead of us.

Pass/pass/pass.........

Neilson doesnt learn.

We get Celtic away - well done Neilson - another failure coming our way??

What a miserable pessimistic thread, probably a reflection of yourself. You are exactly the type of "Hearts fan" we could do without.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You've confused "anything" with "everything".

Not having a good day with this intellect you allegedly possess.

Anyway, as per you stray off topic and start a barrage  of personal abuse , it's a bit boring.

Talking about self awareness- You are trying to hard to be edgy now, trying to hard to get some  adulation from the board.  So much so that  you are coming across as the petty, 90 minute bigot that you proclaimed to be.

I'm having a fantastic day, thanks, without having try at all. 

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm dissapointed in you too, Vlad. I'd have thought that my direction of travel would resonate immediately with a mischief maker like yourself. :(

Unfortunately not this time.

”Mischief maker”? 

I’ll take that as a compliment 🤣

lost in space
1 minute ago, mickycameron98 said:

What a miserable pessimistic thread, probably a reflection of yourself. You are exactly the type of "Hearts fan" we could do without.

How astute of you to work out that a "Failings" thread is not full of joy.

I would suggest that fans pointing out areas for potential improvement was optimistic- but then I try to see the up side in everything.

Tynecastle will be a pretty lonely place if only housing those who fully support Neilson.

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This.

We did the bare minimum in getting through but failed to secure seeding.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

This.

We did the bare minimum in getting through but failed to secure seeding.

Complete nonsense. :rofl:

12 points out of 12 is the bare minimum getting through, never mind Dundee and St. Mirren getting two 3-0 wins awarded to them for free?

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic