Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

Jambof3tornado

Game over. Why cant we press like other hard working teams?? We do it sometimes but rarely away in Glasgow.

Celtic will do this to lots of teams so I'm going to go easy on our manager but we gave them a 2 goal start,making a very hard task impossible.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

Scott Leitch

Neilson is a shitebag. Total coward. It's a cup game and you'd have thought he may have learnt having after the cup final but no. Exact same again. Sets us up not to get hammered. We come out and attack second half and it shows what we can do.

He will never be the answer and the sooner he ****s off the better. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

Neilson is a shitebag. Total coward. It's a cup game and you'd have thought he may have learnt having after the cup final but no. Exact same again. Sets us up not to get hammered. We come out and attack second half and it shows what we can do.

Fair comment.

2 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

People like you haven't a clue and should stick to playing football manager on computer games.

36 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I haven't seen any of it after virgin media cut off my Premier Sports.

Sounds painful

:oohmatron:

5 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Agree

Just now, Boris said:

Sounds painful

:oohmatron:

I was waiting for one of those responses, the minute I posted that one, tbf. :lol:

lost in space
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

People like you haven't a clue and should stick to playing football manager on computer games.

Perhaps you should record a contra view - rather than trying to belittle a fellow poster.

I was waiting for one of those responses, the minute I posted that one, tbf. :lol:

Happy to oblige. 👍

Scott Leitch
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I assume you are a Neilson fan boy. No point debating with dafties like you. If you can't see he's ****ing useless you are beyond help. 

Just now, lost in space said:

Perhaps you should record a contra view - rather than trying to belittle a fellow poster.

I think its clear we are still a couple of players short to compete in the tough fixtures - another striker, and a solid centre-half.  We will see what the Aussie is like.

lost in space

I think its clear we are still a couple of players short to compete in the tough fixtures - another striker, and a solid centre-half.  We will see what the Aussie is like.

Agreed - but surely the lack of positivity and motivation were a factor today in first half?

1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

I assume you are a Neilson fan boy. No point debating with dafties like you. If you can't see he's ****ing useless you are beyond help. 

I'm just a realist that doesn't shit my pants calling for everyone to get sacked when we get a bad result.

This was our first defeat against one of the Old Firm away from home.   The problem with the likes of you is you think keeping sacking managers means the next one will be an improvement and not send the team falling down the table.

William H. Bonney
12 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

spot on. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

His tactics first half were a disgrace to the club. Embarrassing. Hopefully he learns. 

Embarrassing indeed! 

Getintaethem

Robbie has had a good start to the season, but the blame for that defeat lies squarely on his shoulders.  Trying to park the bus in a cup game, pathetic!

Celtic are poor defensively yet we let them come onto us, the difference when we played our normal style in the second half was night and day.  I still think we’ll have a good season, if we can get the Aussie lad in and replace Halkett with a dominant centre half and maybe add another attacking player.  We need to stop shitting the bed when we go to Glasgow though.  Overly negative nonsense.

Just now, frankblack said:

I'm just a realist that doesn't shit my pants calling for everyone to get sacked when we get a bad result.

This was our first defeat against one of the Old Firm away from home.   The problem with the likes of you is you think keeping sacking managers means the next one will be an improvement and not send the team falling down the table.

If only robbie didn’t gift wrap the first half eh? What a ****ing mess he turned a decent team into for 45 minutes. 

Scott Leitch

If you don't shite your pants we'll get you in as a manager then ;)

You'll maybe waken up one day but you keep fighting the good fight Frank. Good evening to you.

Just now, GinRummy said:

1 up for the Robbie out brigade today. He let his players and us down badly. 

Stupidity of our fans never fails to amaze …

lost in space
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

His tactics first half were a disgrace to the club. Embarrassing. Hopefully he learns. 

I was hopeful after st Midden game that he was learning - but today no sign. Can take defeat - can't take that lack of performance.

Just now, lost in space said:

Agreed - but surely the lack of positivity and motivation were a factor today in first half?

I didn't see the game, as I mentioned above. Virgin media dropped the Premier Sports channel after I cancelled it despite telling me it would be there for the full month as I'd been charged for it.

The problem with going away to Celtic is that they always try to start the game at 100 miles an hour, and your team needs to be able to keep them out until you get the chance to get into the game.  Our defence is not good enough to do that at this level with the likes of Halkett in it.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

The idiocy of people who either back RN regardless, or on the opposite side fail to give him credit where it’s due is the real spectacle. It’s incredible that folk can’t actually think for themselves.

People seem to mistake a team playing well against an opposition who have sat off them by 10-15 yards and camped in their own box as being indicative of the team playing well somehow being excellent. Its not. Any team would have looked good against us first half today if we played like that.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If only robbie didn’t gift wrap the first half eh? What a ****ing mess he turned a decent team into for 45 minutes. 

See my other reply.

You need to be able to go to Parkhead and withstand the initial onslaught from them before you get into the game.  Our players aren't good enough.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

People seem to mistake a team playing well against an opposition who have sat off them by 10-15 yards and camped in their own box as being indicative of the team playing well somehow being excellent. Its not. Any team would have looked good against us first half today if we played like that.

The first half was disgraceful. 

7 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Oh dear 🤣 To debate you have to make points not just insult people 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

indeed , i know Gino wasnt 💯 fit but we sat in our own box , no out balls , no width , no holding the ball up. Second half we had all those and pushed forward a bit. GMS Was poor first half , Gino wasnt after he came on. We lost that game first half and then showed second half we shouldnt have. 😑

See my other reply.

You need to be able to go to Parkhead and withstand the initial onslaught from them before you get into the game.  Our players aren't good enough.

See my reply to taffin below. I’ve seen us play in Glasgow many, many times and that first half was the worst I’ve seen us play. We could have easily been 5-0 down at HT. Try watching it. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The idiocy of people who either back RN regardless, or on the opposite side fail to give him credit where it’s due is the real spectacle. It’s incredible that folk can’t actually think for themselves.

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

🤣

loveofthegame
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

correct. He’s a tactical s***ebag and showed today that he’s learnt NOTHING from the cup final. We will never go properly forward under a man scared of his own shadow. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

We wouldn't play like that against other teams though. Personnel changes had a big say in how we set up today. It sounds like the original intention was to be more positive. A fully fit Ginnelly playing from the start could have made a difference but we still would have been under the cosh - like most teams will be against Celtic this season. Maybe that was Neilson's mistake today - not playing Ginnelly from the start and keeping Walker as the impact player instead.

Scott Leitch
Just now, sadj said:

indeed , i know Gino wasnt 💯 fit but we sat in our own box , no out balls , no width , no holding the ball up. Second half we had all those and pushed forward a bit. GMS Was poor first half , Gino wasnt after he came on. We lost that game first half and then showed second half we shouldnt have. 😑

I had made my point. Maybe if you read what I said?

Having said that I was debating with the lad Frank who hadn't even watched the game. That was silly of me. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, loveofthegame said:

correct. He’s a tactical s***ebag and showed today that he’s learnt NOTHING from the cup final. We will never go properly forward under a man scared of his own shadow. 

Another reading is he's proven many times that he doesn't ask players to do things they can't do. We didn't have the players today to go at Celtic. Or who would you have picked?

Just now, GinRummy said:

See my reply to taffin below. I’ve seen us play in Glasgow many, many times and that first half was the worst I’ve seen us play. We could have easily been 5-0 down at HT. Try watching it. 

I didn't see it but I fail to believe its anything like as bad as numerous games there where we did get beat 5 and 6 nil.

I didn't see it but I fail to believe its anything like as bad as numerous games there where we did get beat 5 and 6 nil.

The first half, in isolation, most definitely was. The second half we showed we are a good side. Hopefully lessons have been learned and we move on. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

The first half, in isolation, most definitely was. The second half we showed we are a good side. Hopefully lessons have been learned and we move on. 

As I said, we are still a few players short of going to places like Parkhead and Ibrox and taking the game to them.

Our defence isn't good enough, perhaps why we sat back after having to make changes to the gameplan with Gnando and Ginnelly.

The Mercer Takeover

Neilson simply doesn't have the bottle to cut it as a quality manager. 

The slightest opportunity to revert to percentage, defensive football, he grabs it.

We have all seen it before. Last season's Scottish Cup final was a classic example. That game was lost before it even started and a horrific first half sealed our fate.

Today showed us probably the worst 45 minutes of football I have seen in 50+ years. He should have been sacked on the spot at half time. We will will nothing with him in charge.

Away from home he will revert to type with, dull, slow, predictable, defensive football, looking for draws. Simply not acceptable.

Seen it all before.

Neilson must go now.

Guest ToqueJambo

Let's be honest here. Celtic are good. If we'd attacked wth that first team we'd have been absolutely skelped.

Given Ginnelly was fit for 45 mins though, there's valid criticism that we should have played him and got at them from the start instead of the start of the 2nd half. However, if he was only fit for a half, that could also have simply seen what happen din the game reversed in terms of how each half went.

Plus we need Ginnelly for the other games. If he's got a bug or whatever and is only fit for 45 we shouldn't risk losing him for longer.

Edited by ToqueJambo

loveofthegame
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Another reading is he's proven many times that he doesn't ask players to do things they can't do. We didn't have the players today to go at Celtic. Or who would you have picked?

That’s the biggest cop out I’ve ever read. We lose big games under Neilson because he doesn’t ask players to do things they cant 😂😂

I’d have picked a half fit ginnelly and tried to win game before taking him off, rather than waiting until game was effectively over. If not play at least one of walker, McEneff or Henderson. Don’t play 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders and wait to get picked off. As shown again today, it doesn’t work. 

glad you’re ok with another cup exit though. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

I had made my point. Maybe if you read what I said?

Having said that I was debating with the lad Frank who hadn't even watched the game. That was silly of me. 

Awesome so a newbie who isnt a newbie and who just likes snydey remarks sure we will discover your previous moniker 🤣.

You didn’t debate. You said hes a shitebag , hasnt learnt from the cup final. Attacked second half n showed what we can do. Them called the poster a daftie because he doesnt agree with you

Edited by sadj

As I said, we are still a few players short of going to places like Parkhead and Ibrox and taking the game to them.

Our defence isn't good enough, perhaps why we sat back after having to make changes to the gameplan with Gnando and Ginnelly.

Perhaps, though for me, and many others, we got it wrong tactically. That’s why the first half was so bad. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, loveofthegame said:

That’s the biggest cop out I’ve ever read. We lose big games under Neilson because he doesn’t ask players to do things they cant 😂😂

I’d have picked a half fit ginnelly and tried to win game before taking him off, rather than waiting until game was effectively over. If not play at least one of walker, McEneff or Henderson. Don’t play 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders and wait to get picked off. As shown again today, it doesn’t work. 

glad you’re ok with another cup exit though. 

We don't lose all our big games under Neilson though. What exactly have McEneff and Henderson done to make you think they'd make a difference in a game against a good Celtic team on their patch?

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, sadj said:

So many similarities with the last Cup final, including the fact that Celtic are still weak defensively. If anything we were far worse today than in the first half at Hampden. The half-time scoreline could and probably should have been utterly embarrassing for us. Seems to me that RN doesn’t learn.

PhoenixHearts

Are you talking about the Scottish cup final we played our way back into and lost on penalties?

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic