• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

Neilson should have a wee look at the stats and frankly be embarrassed by them.

So one sided in the  first half it was bordering on the ridiculous.

We will never go forward with this guy at the helm, never. 

He is hopeless tactically and is far far too negative imo.

7 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Boyce spending 22 mins 3 yds outside our box as an example

Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing 🤷🏻‍♂️

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yeah, its my fault the channel got disabled I paid for.

:cornette_dog:

:cornette:

Maybe you can get your pal Pep in and we will win the CL in a couple of years...

You’re the one saying the players aren’t good enough when you didn’t even see the game :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

8 defensive players 🤣 nice one Neilson. As all the forums, twitter posts and podcasts say, he's one defeat away from us wanting him out. Half the fan base probably want him out after that first half. Why do it? Its a cup tie, start an attacking team and the fans will be behind you of it goes wrong. At least we had a try. 

So true, I can’t for the life of me understand why he plays this way, the fans have Zero tolerance for this kind of tactics.

He won’t learn, he’s too stubborn and set in his ways, shame really, show the fans you really want to go for it and they’ll back you regardless, it’s nuts.

6 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Well think what you like.

Wouldn't have mattered if Ginnelly and the big guy had been available from the start the tactics wouldn't have changed. First half was horrible. 

Let's leave it at that. Sorry to Frank for calling him a dafty that was wrong. Just disappointed by this and I'm no Neilson fan and want him gone.

Do you really think the tactics were only to sit in our own box and let them attack. Def poor tactics but they wont have been that. Execution was abysmal and performances were poor first half. Not sure many as Neilson fans but do they want him gone more do than dont but right now 6wins in 7 its hard to justify it

1 minute ago, kila said:

You’re the one saying the players aren’t good enough when you didn’t even see the game :laugh:

Saying the likes of Halkett isn't good enough for this level is invalid because I didn't see this particular game?

giphy.gif

Just now, frankblack said:

Saying the likes of Halkett isn't good enough for this level is invalid because I didn't see this particular game?

giphy.gif

Ah so you’re picking one particular player now? You said players so who else?

And FWIW I agree about Halkett. But it was tactics that ****ed us in the first half… if you had seen the game you would’ve seen that. 

But you just keep on blowing smoke up your pal’s arse and adding gifs to your posts :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

Beat by a goal! Away you go. They had 35 shots! Probably didn't watch the first half. 

The score was 3-2.

That is beat by a goal. 

Scott Leitch
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Do you really think the tactics were only to sit in our own box and let them attack. Def poor tactics but they wont have been that. Execution was abysmal and performances were poor first half. Not sure many as Neilson fans but do they want him gone more do than dont but right now 6wins in 7 its hard to justify it

I think he had written today off and wanted away without a pasting. Celtic aren't all that mate. We had no out ball and played with basically a back 5 and 3 defensive midfielders. That's not good enough. They can be gotten at and the way he set us up we were never getting anything out of this. 

We've won 6/7 and he deserves praise for beating what is in front of him but today was his chance to show his mentality to away games in Glasgow had changed. Sadly it hasn't and we were very lucky to get away without a big defeat today. 

8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Neilson should have a wee look at the stats and frankly be embarrassed by them.

So one sided in the  first half it was bordering on the ridiculous.

We will never go forward with this guy at the helm, never. 

He is hopeless tactically and is far far too negative imo.

If Postecoglu could have picked how Hearts would have played against him he’d have picked exactly how we approached the first half. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

Ah so you’re picking one particular player now? You said players so who else?

And FWIW I agree about Halkett. But it was tactics that ****ed us in the first half… if you had seen the game you would’ve seen that. 

But you just keep on blowing smoke up your pal’s arse and adding gifs to your posts :thumbsup:

I could go through the squad and list players and we obviously have others like Popescu we can't have confidence to bring in.

We need another striker to compete with Boyce and Gnando to start.

I don't believe the tactics were to sit back and do nothing, but the players failed to follow instructions to an extent.  Lets not forget that while Celtic have weaknesses at the back, their midfield and forward line is significantly superior to ours.

Today a cup game. It was a free hit. 

The first half Neilson had us almost in damage limitation mode. Made Rogic look like Xavi standing off him.  Not surprised did the same to Charlie Adam last year. 

We had no outlet first half and boyce was playing deep.

Ginelly comes out pace, an outlet We stretch the game. McEneff has legs can score a goal. I don't mind losing but the first half mindset was an utter disgrace.  Yeah celtic did well but we stood off and let them play. 

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I could go through the squad and list players and we obviously have others like Popescu we can't have confidence to bring in.

We need another striker to compete with Boyce and Gnando to start.

I don't believe the tactics were to sit back and do nothing, but the players failed to follow instructions to an extent.  Lets not forget that while Celtic have weaknesses at the back, their midfield and forward line is significantly superior to ours.

Take it you didn’t watch the first half then?

Just now, Mars plastic said:

Take it you didn’t watch the first half then?

No shit sherlock.  Try reading the thread.

Mars plastic
Just now, mscjambo said:

Today a cup game. It was a free hit. 

The first half Neilson had us almost in damage limitation mode. Made Rogic look like Xavi standing off him.  Not surprised did the same to Charlie Adam last year. 

We had no outlet first half and boyce was playing deep.

Ginelly comes out pace, an outlet We stretch the game. McEneff has legs can score a goal. I don't mind losing but the first half mindset was an utter disgrace.  Yeah celtic did well but we stood off and let them play. 

What does that even mean? A nothing modern football soundbite. 

Mars plastic
Just now, frankblack said:

No shit sherlock.  Try reading the thread.

Stop waffling utter tripe then. 

1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

What does that even mean? A nothing modern football soundbite. 

To have a go and try and win the one off game. You either win or lose. We were underdogs but come out and have a swing. I'm not particularly sure how it's unclear

Silvery_Moon

Annoying as it is to be out deep down even the most optimistic of us knew that it was unlikely we were going to achieve anything today. A one goal defeat is of no consolation as unfortunately we are (yet again) out another cup early under Robbie Neilson. 

The failure was not getting the result we needed against Inverness which put us in the situation we were in today. 

We now move on. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

28 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

So I’d love to know the what really happened today. 

I actually thought Neilson would bottle the 3-4-3 today after seeing what Celtic did to Dundee and go 3-5-2 and try and swamp the midfield. Problem then of course is you can’t get out as it becomes a 5-4-1.  So surely if you want to do that you must play a target man like Gnando to get out. 

however, if it is indeed the case that Ginelly has not been well and could only play 45, and then of course Gnando wasn’t stripped as well which means Neilson’s options were more limited. 

So the question is what would he have done if everyone was fit? Also shows lack of depth in the squad which we know. 

9.5 times out of 10 we lose at Celtic Park irrespective of what we do. 

However, to concede 74% of possession to Celtic at Tynie and then 80% on the first half today, really is an embarrassment. There have been some great Celtic teams down through the years and they have never had possession stats like that. So there are questions to be answered. 

I am intrigued to see how the 3-4-3 develops through the season and if Neilson had the guts to play it properly. 

Had Gnando been there he would, sure as **** been on the bench.

Hes not starting 2 up top v Celtic and he’s not dropping Boyce.

Gino probably would have started.

No Hearts manager will be judged on results v the OF.

Elsewhere is where RN will be held to account in the league 

I honestly believe the powers that be aren’t remotely arsed about cups

Edited by Jamhammer

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The score was 3-2.

That is beat by a goal. 

Usually I think you have at least the basis of a point, but this is trolling. You watched the game, you know how it went.

42 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yawn.

maybe give him a round of fixtures ?  

A round of fixtures? Some wanted him sacked after the first half of a game at Parkhead against Celtic.

28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm not inferring anything. They're completely average, they had 80+% possession, 35 attempts and managed two goals against a team who'd completely bottled turning up and in the end won 3-2. A genuinely good team would have had that game well and truly put to bed by half time.

They're better than us, sure, but they're not the Harlem Globetrotters that some are making out. They were good because we let them be good, we didn't retreat because of their wonderful ability...we curled up in our box right from kick off.

Thought Celtic were outstanding first half today. Movement and pace of their passing was excellent. Something we can aspire to. 

RustyRightPeg

I ranted in the match day thread for most of the first half about us being realistic against a Celtic team which on the ball is playing some stuff as good as I’ve seen in our league for a long long time. 

On reflection and having watched the second half I can’t help but be frustrated at perhaps not how we set up but how flat the performance was for the first 45.

The second half I thought we played some really good stuff and took advantage of our strength in Gino and their weakness in Starfelt and Taylor. The first half of the cup

final springs to mind when we gave them way too much respect and came out flying for the second half. 

We’re a player or two away from being a really, really good side.

3 minutes ago, Mahroon said:

It was 3-2. So he is correct. Doesn’t matter if they had 30 or 300 shots

Good to go a bit more in depth than what you’d know from following it on flashscores though. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Good to go a bit more in depth than what you’d know from following it on flashscores though. 

:laugh2:

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I ranted in the match day thread for most of the first half about us being realistic against a Celtic team which on the ball is playing some stuff as good as I’ve seen in our league for a long long time. 

On reflection and having watched the second half I can’t help but be frustrated at perhaps not how we set up but how flat the performance was for the first 45.

The second half I thought we played some really good stuff and took advantage of our strength in Gino and their weakness in Starfelt and Taylor. The first half of the cup

final springs to mind when we gave them way too much respect and came out flying for the second half. 

We weren’t allowed to be good today. Surely you can accept, given your comments, that Robboe got things badly wrong in the first half. Second half was good. 

Silvery_Moon

Just like the cup final. Didn't turn up till second half. Frustrating as anything. 

40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk wanting a Hearts manager punted for getting beat by  a goal in Glasgow. 

😂😂😂😂

Absolute melons 

Bob was right, they do need to go and watch man citeh. 

You know that's not why people want him punted though. They want him punted for the negative firat half tactics. I personally am willing to give him this season but those tactics in the first half were abysmal and embarrassing in a cup game. 

Just now, Mahroon said:

Would you take a 1-0 win regardless of how the game was played? I get what you mean 

Sorry man, I just can’t take to you with that Celticky H in the middle of your username. Your some bhoy likes. 

lost in space

Just read Neilsons post match comments.

Says shape was wrong and didn't have belief in first half.

Agreed.

I can accept a manager making a mistake re shape of team but CANT accept a Hearts team going into a game without belief.

Motivation is his job - but I don't think he is even aware of it.

Just now, lost in space said:

Just read Neilsons post match comments.

Says shape was wrong and didn't have belief in first half.

Agreed.

I can accept a manager making a mistake re shape of team but CANT accept a Hearts team going into a game without belief.

Motivation is his job - but I don't think he is even aware of it.

We already know he’s not mr motivator. I’m at least a little placated by his admission. 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We weren’t allowed to be good today. Surely you can accept, given your comments, that Robboe got things badly wrong in the first half. Second half was good. 

Yeah absolutely got it wrong first half. Didn’t understand the game plan if I’m honest. I probably would’ve started Gino instead of GMS because at least we had the threat of pace over the top and a willing runner. 

HartleyLegend3

It was a game of two-halves. 

First 45 we seen a Hearts sit in and try to defend against a team who's only good quality is attack.  

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise it would make celtic look good. 

Second half Hearts decided to attack and match celtic. We did and more, we came out 2-1 in the second half. 

That clearly shows the tactics of the first half lost us the game. And that Celtic are not that good. 

Edited by HartleyLegend3

Yeah absolutely got it wrong first half. Didn’t understand the game plan if I’m honest. I probably would’ve started Gino instead of GMS because at least we had the threat of pace over the top and a willing runner. 

Obviously only watched it on telly but GMS must’ve been ahead of Boyce for most of that first half. Boyce dropping deep and helping out in defence and GMS not on screen. Might’ve been better the other way around or having Gino or Gnando on but done now. Hopefully learn some things and batter the sheep. 

Silvery_Moon
10 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

You know that's not why people want him punted though. They want him punted for the negative firat half tactics. I personally am willing to give him this season but those tactics in the first half were abysmal and embarrassing in a cup game. 

The tactics were also 100% predictable sadly. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
50 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:cornette_dog:

By winning all 4 group games while two that did get seeded got handed 3-0 wins by committee.

To the former league champions and 2nd favourite for the competition and league.

giphy.gif

did we fail to get seeded - yes we failed yo get seeded

if you can’t understand the sense in the other statement that’s a failing on you not the statement 

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

did we fail to get seeded - yes we failed yo get seeded

if you can’t understand the sense in the other statement that’s a failing on you not the statement 

We won all 4 games while two of the teams that got seeded did not.  How is that difficult to understand?

49 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Totally agree with your comment

Just now, Mahroon said:

Why? Because you don’t like it? It’s a bit Celticy likes ae

Just now, Mahroon said:

Do what you want? I’m only trying to help. People add random has to names on here to make them more celticky. 

Just now, Mahroon said:

I am doing what I want thanks. I’m a hearts fan through and through thanks very much

You’re whelcome. 

4 minutes ago, Mahroon said:

That's some quality weegie patter, Timothy. 

1 hour ago, Gerd Muller said:

Beat by a goal! Away you go. They had 35 shots! Probably didn't watch the first half. 

I want him punted for ineptitude. We had a year in the championship to tinker and he stumbled on a back three through injury. You have to have something upstairs and evaluate each opponent with the personnel you have. The first game v septic I thought would have been a huge warning as to where to rethink (even tho we won) eg I thought a diamond shape upfront today may have been an idea - playing loads of 1 2s. Or insisting your striker never moves from the centre spot out of possession or basically and basic fekn idea. Or my main gripe if it clearly aint working change it - OR WAIT TILL YOUR 2 DOWN AT PARKHEAD AND PRETTY MUCH NO WAY BACK B4 DOING SO

Gordon Ramsay

First half was a total embarrassment. 

Second half a bit better but they took their foot off the gas a bit. 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Aye, nothing to do with a team full of better players pushing us back and playing well. 

All Robbies fault. 🤷‍♂️

The only thing that is abysmal and embarrassing is the Robbie oot Brigade. 

Absolute melts to a person. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We won all 4 games while two of the teams that got seeded did not.  How is that difficult to understand?

Did we fail to get seeded? - that needs a yes or no to move the debate on beyond the lower end of the playground

irrespective of what happened elsewhere (mind the hibees raging because we only got docked 2 points a few years ago) did we have an impossible task to get seeded or did we need to win 2-0 or something like that against Inverness (at home :( )

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic