Neilson's failings during season 2021/2

lost in space

7 minutes ago, lost in space said:

How astute of you to work out that a "Failings" thread is not full of joy.

I would suggest that fans pointing out areas for potential improvement was optimistic- but then I try to see the up side in everything.

Tynecastle will be a pretty lonely place if only housing those who fully support Neilson.

But, but the moaners assured us Season Ticket sales were going to bomb if we didn't sack him?

:verysmug:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Fozzyonthefence

48 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Complete nonsense. :rofl:

12 points out of 12 is the bare minimum getting through, never mind Dundee and St. Mirren getting two 3-0 wins awarded to them for free?

Did you expect us to get knocked out?

We failed to secure seeding but did the bare minimum expected in getting through to next round.

Fail to qualify = failure.

Qualify without seeding = bare minimum expectation.

Qualify with seeding = expectation.

54 minutes ago, frankblack said:

But, but the moaners assured us Season Ticket sales were going to bomb if we didn't sack him?

Frank, see all this vague finger pointing - why not just call out the one or two that were involved? Or are you stll keeping up your campaign of slagging off as many people as possible viz yesterday when you slagged people off ( no names of course, just innuendo as per) for being too demanding/ optimistic. On the back of yer perpetual slagging off for anyone critical of Neilson. Jesus, you are SO depressingly sad. 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Frank, see all this vague finger pointing - why not just call out the one or two that were involved? Or are you stll keeping up your campaign of slagging off as many people as possible viz yesterday when you slagged people off ( no names of course, just innuendo as per) for being too demanding/ optimistic. On the back of yer perpetual slagging off for anyone critical of Neilson. Jesus, you are SO depressingly sad. 

Just pop over to the Neilson Out thread and the evidence is there for you.  👍

16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Did you expect us to get knocked out?

We failed to secure seeding but did the bare minimum expected in getting through to next round.

Fail to qualify = failure.

Qualify without seeding = bare minimum expectation.

Qualify with seeding = expectation.

:rofl:

Delusional Nonsense.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I never once said that as a moaner, I wanted him gone after brora. I still dont think he can progress us as a footballing side on the pitch. I think he was a strady stopgap to get us promoted. I think we have made a mistake in keeping him. Time will tell.

He will not be afforded time. If we fail to hit the ground running he will be under pressure right away.

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Delusional Nonsense.

Maybe, if we all had your very low expectation of our club.

So I will ask again  did you expect us to fail to qualify?

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

We had a mixed season - met our target in the league, knocked the filth out of the cup semi, but form dipped after Christmas until the closing month or so.  Rumours are JS started kicking some backsides.

We were showing good attacking form at the end of the season and have started Ok so far.  However we need to strengthen to step up.

We had a very mixed season. We got where we wanted to be at the end of it, but were far from convincing for large parts of it. You have to admit that with a few notable exceptions, it didn't make for pleasant or comfortable viewing. We really do need to strengthen - both tactically and in personnel - if we're going to kick on. If Boab's the man for the job then that's all to the good, I can eat humble pie with the best of them, but I'm far from convinced.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

We want to see improvements but we need to be realistic with comparing our squad as it stands to those teams targeting top 3/4.

There are a good few torn faced losers on here... :whistling:

I'm well aware of the need to be realistic, but there is being realistic and accepting failure to compete at a given level. Folk will continue to make excuses for Neilson based on the predicament the club found itself in at the end of the season before last, but the frustration for many stems largely from the fact that the club was in that predicament in the first place.

The malaise began somewhere in Neilson's third season in charge, some caught a sniff of it on the air, some didn't, and the bumpy downward spiral continued until we landed in with the posties and brickies. For many I speak to, Neilson will always be linked to the Levein project and all that entailed,qp and for that reason alone he'll never be fully accepted as manager by a large part of the fanbase, despite the success and service he provided us with over a number of years. It amazes me that the club (Budge, etc), couldn't see how divisive an appointment that this was likely to be - or maybe they didn't care.

There are a good few torn faced losers on here, but I'd hazard that most are either upping the ante for a spot of mischief, or are just sick of the division and want a clean break from the recent past. The above is surely manifest in much of the Neilson baiting and whingeing that you see on here, before we even begin to discuss the actual football.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

4 hours ago, frankblack said:

We beat them 3-0 at home at the end of last season.

With the shots on/off target stat it suggests we didn't struggle to break them down, its just our strikers didn't take all their chances.  The manager can't do much about that.

Might help to play his best striker up front and not in midfield.

Edited by Darren

Just now, Darren said:

Might help to play his best striker up front and not in midfield.

He didn't play him in midfield, he was behind Gnando to try and get them linking up. 👍

9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He didn't play him in midfield, he was behind Gnando to try and get them linking up. 👍

Yeah, that's a midfield role.

mickycameron98
4 hours ago, lost in space said:

How astute of you to work out that a "Failings" thread is not full of joy.

I would suggest that fans pointing out areas for potential improvement was optimistic- but then I try to see the up side in everything.

Tynecastle will be a pretty lonely place if only housing those who fully support Neilson.

How the h*ll can a thread about failings for a season that hasn't really started yet, be in anyway optimistic? It's like starting a thread about how many goals we will concede on Saturday. In favour of Nielson or not, your attitude stinks. Do us all a favour and stay well clear of Tynie please!

lost in space
26 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

How the h*ll can a thread about failings for a season that hasn't really started yet, be in anyway optimistic? It's like starting a thread about how many goals we will concede on Saturday. In favour of Nielson or not, your attitude stinks. Do us all a favour and stay well clear of Tynie please!

"Season hasn't really started yet"??

Are you Robbie Neilson??

Good idea about the new thread - will think about it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Can't wait to get back to tynie to booooo.

I have already had 2 "conversations" on this thread today - so will give it a rest - as there is just the slightest risk that readers will get tired of my comments.

6 hours ago, frankblack said:

I'd never seen that before..and an odd game to try it. That seems obvious

lost in space
On 29/07/2021 at 11:30, Brick Tamland said:

Well done Neilson.  No failings today - and I would have said same if we had lost.

Even if we hadnt won - he put out a positive team.  They were motivated.  They didnt pass/pass/pass.

This is what I/we want.

We were pushed back but that always happens in a game at some time.

I wasnt happy with sub (Haring) but he did well.

Has he learned? Has Savage spoken to him? Who cares.

If he continues with this attacking style - he will get my full support.

3 forward players who tried to stay forward. Dont think we will get many goals from midfield.

Lets hope Neilson does same away from home and tries to WIN.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Well done Neilson.  No failings today - and I would have said same if we had lost.

Even if we hadnt won - he put out a positive team.  They were motivated.  They didnt pass/pass/pass.

This is what I/we want.

We were pushed back but that always happens in a game at some time.

I wasnt happy with sub (Haring) but he did well.

Has he learned? Has Savage spoken to him? Who cares.

If he continues with this attacking style - he will get my full support.

3 forward players who tried to stay forward. Dont think we will get many goals from midfield.

Lets hope Neilson does same away from home and tries to WIN.

Careful you'll wear your teeth down gritting them so hard.

lost in space
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Careful you'll wear your teeth down gritting them so hard.

Haha. No gritting or grinding going on - only grinning.

As I have said - dont dislike the man - only the way he has set out the team in the past. Hope he has changed our style.

Mr Elwood P
On 25/07/2021 at 19:30, lost in space said:

I hope this is a very short topic and this is the last day that I will use it. Unfortunately, I think it will run til until November when he leaves the club.

FAILURE today - at home v Championship team and cant score 2 goals.

To be fair, lots of shots on target and Ridgers has a great game. We have won the 4 games.

BUT - plays Halliday in defence and Boyce in midfield. Hearts only need 2 goals and can afford to lose 1 - but cant do it. PATHETIC.

Some would say team selection was innovative or creative - others would say - " he doesnt have a clue"!!

Boyce is our best chance of a goal - so in midfield.  Took the team too long to take control of the game- into second half.

Our group is poor but we cant score enough and other poor Prem teams go through instead of us.

Pass/pass/pass.........

Neilson doesnt learn.

We get Celtic away - well done Neilson - another failure coming our way??

Embarrassed? 

lost in space
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Embarrassed? 

Why would I be? I wanted him to change the way we play. He did tonight. I didnt even know he read JKB!!!!!

Hopefully he continues with this style of play.

lost in space
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Sore one for the OP tonight.

:pleasing:

Try to keep up Frank.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, lost in space said:

Why would I be? I wanted him to change the way we play. He did tonight. I didnt even know he read JKB!!!!!

Behave.

Try to keep up Frank.

Dry your eyes.  I was watching the game. 👍

Do you fancy your chances with Motherwell tomorrow? 🤔

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

:lol:

lost in space
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Dry your eyes.  I was watching the game. 👍

Do you fancy your chances with Motherwell tomorrow? 🤔

Frank - you are such a cheeky chap and funny too. 

Oh well, good start for LIS & now he is trying to pretend he is not hurt!

The Aussie is taking the defeat & the questioning well, maybe LIS in disguise

Frank - you are such a cheeky chap and funny too. 

Away and drown your sorrows - you are having a 'mare 👌

lost in space
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Away and drown your sorrows - you are having a 'mare 👌

Frank - make up your mind -

you arnt happy when I pointed out Neilsons failings last week;

you arnt happy when I praise him this week.

I try to be as objective as I can (not easy). You dont like my opinions. Thats ok. 

Not scoring that second against Inverness might have been a masterstroke.

Look at the shite we'll be playing in the next round now 😂

9 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Frank - make up your mind -

you arnt happy when I pointed out Neilsons failings last week;

you arnt happy when I praise him this week.

I try to be as objective as I can (not easy). You dont like my opinions. Thats ok. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Haha. No gritting or grinding going on - only grinning.

As I have said - dont dislike the man - only the way he has set out the team in the past. Hope he has changed our style.

Our ‘style’ changed as soon as we started playing the 3-4-3. It’s taken the less astute amongst us months and months and plenty changes of briefs to work this out …

lost in space
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Our ‘style’ changed as soon as we started playing the 3-4-3. It’s taken the less astute amongst us months and months and plenty changes of briefs to work this out …

A 3-4-3 can be defensive or attacking - just like any formation. The difference is that Neilson had the front 3 staying up the park - until they were forced back. This is a change as far as I am concerned - and long may it continue.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

A 3-4-3 can be defensive or attacking - just like any formation. The difference is that Neilson had the front 3 staying up the park - until they were forced back. This is a change as far as I am concerned - and long may it continue.

Utterly clueless. Tonight was a lot more defensive than the League Cup games when you were greeting.

lost in space
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Utterly clueless. Tonight was a lot more defensive than the League Cup games when you were greeting.

We were pushed back tonight. Not in the cup games against poorer teams. I would have thought you/anybody would have known that. We went forward as much as we could from the start - this is a change from last season. Game on Sportscene now - got to go. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

We were pushed back tonight. Not in the cup games against poorer teams. I would have thought you/anybody would have known that. We went forward as much as we could from the start - this is a change from last season. Game on Sportscene now - got to go. 

Aye, get back to us when you’ve actually watched some of the game …

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

He changed the way we play the moment John Souttar was back from injury last season (and we haven't lost a game since). Neilson is a manager who plays to the strengths of his best players IMO.

Edited by ToqueJambo

We had 27% of the possession tonight but we won, not good enough!!!! We need at least 51% possession whether we win or not or it's not good enough.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Took an age to put Haring on to help our overrun midfield. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 won the game mate cry more

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Took an age to put Haring on to help our overrun midfield. 

This.

Good result but we made it hard for ourselves. 

No negatives tonight thought,great 3 points great atmosphere in the ground. 

A few more signings and we might just win the league.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

His jacket was fecking horrendous.

Just seen that. Shocking choice. 

davemclaren
Just now, jonesy said:

Should probably just hand Celtic the points by way of apology.

The SPFL might do that on Monday following the referee report. 

IF we do end up having a decent season, this thread will be hilarious to look back on :lol:

• JKBMod 6 locked this topic