Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)

wattie exploited

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• jr ewing

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

When we draw 1:1 with manager-less Morton who only have one GK at the club then yes I would say that’s the very definition of labouring. 26 attempts is not 26 chances. We had around the same amount of shots against Gretna in the 2006 cup final and it’s accepted we laboured to that victory. 
I would say any game we win by a goal, draw or lose can be described as labouring in this tinpot league with our budget compared to the others. 

Not getting into the debate going on but two things numbnuts....

What does manager-less and only one GK at the club have to do with anything. Its no like they played a striker in goal and didnt train or prepare for the game against us.

On a lighter note. Hope you are well and some normality is on the horizon for ya...

alwaysthereinspirit
10 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Raith are really breathing down our neck now.

I’m a wreck. And no goals against again. Wait what. 

Bazzas right boot

I'll take 2 from the top, 1 from the middle and promotion please, Bob.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Raith are really breathing down our neck now.

Been shitng it since we beat them 4-0 at home.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

There are a few who are comparing Neilsons alleged success just now to winning in the top league.

I would say the majority on here and in the real world are less than happy with this season, winning or not. The football on offer isn’t a hell of a lot better and struggling against these teams not viewed as progress I’m afraid. 

We've lost 3 games when other teams beat us fair and square (apart from the Dundee game, the cheating *******s). We really haven't been "struggling against these teams" all season. We've dominated possession in almost every game. Teams are playing against us like Celtic did against Barcelona when they got that famous result, basically keeping 10 behind the ball and trying to convert a chance on the break. Sadly our defensive lapses have enabled some teams to do that. When teams come at us we play better.

5 wins guarantee league but in reality anything between 1 and 3 will do it, most likely 2.

Edited by DETTY29

Aye, the mighty Raith Rovers, with all these games in hand were just going to swamp Hearts with points gained, goals scored and overall superiority.

Never at any time been under any pressure from any team overtaking us in this league, absolutely skating it. 

This will sound daft but I won’t be able to believe we are promoted until the season is over and next season fixtures are published. Think I’m scarred from last year 

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not getting into the debate going on but two things numbnuts....

What does manager-less and only one GK at the club have to do with anything. Its no like they played a striker in goal and didnt train or prepare for the game against us.

On a lighter note. Hope you are well and some normality is on the horizon for ya...

It means they’re leaderless and so ****ing poor they can’t two afford  GKs, drawing with them home is the very essence of “laboured” in my book big boy. 
No sign of what folk call normal anytime soon, whatever that’s supposed to be. Hope you’re well and the numbers keep going down up sheep land. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, stu1874 said:

You're not wrong. A couple of wins and it's all over. 

Logically, and mathematically, 2 to 2.5 wins (I know!  😀) could/probably will, clinch it.

Let’s not count our chickens, but it’s looking more than a wee bit good.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

Never at any time been under any pressure from any team overtaking us in this league, absolutely skating it. 

Tell that to the needlessly negative guy in the dug out. 

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

What criticism?

Progress and a more comfortable victory. 

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We've lost 3 games when other teams beat us fair and square (apart from the Dundee game, the cheating *******s). We really haven't been "struggling against these teams" all season. We've dominated possession in almost every game. Teams are playing against us like Celtic did against Barcelona when they got that famous result, basically keeping 10 behind the ball and trying to convert a chance on the break. Sadly our defensive lapses have enabled some teams to do that. When teams come at us we play better.

Struggling to beat teams means one goal victories, draws or losses. Having loads of possession and not scoring enough goals is “labouring” what is what my initial point was, querying the article in that rag of a newspaper that said it was a perception. 
Did we play well when Raith attached is at home? Or when the Pars and Dundee did it away? Or did we lose those games. Dundee has us pinned in our half for the last 30 minutes of the game. 
As for Celtic Tony Watt scored the same amount in that game as our current manager could get out him in 4 months where as you like to remind us we were scoring for fun. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Tell that to the needlessly negative guy in the dug out. 

I think that's probably how Robbie will be feeling too, skating it

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

I think that's probably how Robbie will be feeling too, skating it

So you think we go all guns blazing tomorrow with the pressure off? Good of Raith to show how inconsistent and tinpot our alleged challengers have been though. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So you think we go all guns blazing tomorrow with the pressure off? Good of Raith to show how inconsistent and tinpot our alleged challengers have been though. 

I'm not the manager and never tried to say how good or bad we're playing , but we are absolutely pissing/skating this league. He picks the teams and tactics and he knows what works in this league. Never done too bad in the top league last time either. I'm not the slightest bit interested in anyone else in this league except that we finish above them through any method on the park. Main thing is we're showing more consistency than any others. I personally would like to go all guns blazing but I'd probably get us beat

The Grim Reaper
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No point in arguing with the Happy Clappers, waste of energy. Even Ann agrees we’ve struggled for what it’s worth. 

Asked about this season’s football performance, Budge responded: “I've been really frustrated over the last few weeks with my supporter's hat on. We want to be winning every game. We don't want to be fighting for a draw.

“I've been well warned over the years and I know how tough the Championship is. I knew from the beginning it wasn't going to be plain sailing. We're in a decent position. I would love it to be stronger, but there you go.”

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Struggling to beat teams means one goal victories, draws or losses. Having loads of possession and not scoring enough goals is “labouring” what is what my initial point was, querying the article in that rag of a newspaper that said it was a perception. 
Did we play well when Raith attached is at home? Or when the Pars and Dundee did it away? Or did we lose those games. Dundee has us pinned in our half for the last 30 minutes of the game. 
As for Celtic Tony Watt scored the same amount in that game as our current manager could get out him in 4 months where as you like to remind us we were scoring for fun. 

A 1-0 win is not necessarily a struggle. And well done turning a Tony Watt goal against Barcelona into a dig at our current manager. Jeezo that's some mental gymnastics.

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We went in all guns blazing when the pressure was very much on in the first game of the season. There's zero evidence that our underwhelming performances are down to feeling pressure. There's abundant evidence it's down to poor finishing and defensive lapses though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

john thomas
32 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Logically, and mathematically, 2 to 2.5 wins (I know!  😀) could/probably will, clinch it.

Let’s not count our chickens, but it’s looking more than a wee bit good.

Mathematically ! What am I missing ?

Not doubting we'll win the league but Dunfermline could , mathematically , get 57 points

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

No point in arguing with the Happy Clappers, waste of energy. Even Ann agrees we’ve struggled for what it’s worth. 

Asked about this season’s football performance, Budge responded: “I've been really frustrated over the last few weeks with my supporter's hat on. We want to be winning every game. We don't want to be fighting for a draw.

“I've been well warned over the years and I know how tough the Championship is. I knew from the beginning it wasn't going to be plain sailing. We're in a decent position. I would love it to be stronger, but there you go.”

Literally everyone wants to win every game 🤣 Literally everyone is frustrated with our inability to break down teams that park the bus in the last month or so.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A 1-0 win is not necessarily a struggle. And well done turning a Tony Watt goal against Barcelona into a dig at our current manager. Jeezo that's some mental gymnastics.

You brought it up 😆

The Grim Reaper
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Literally everyone wants to win every game 🤣 Literally everyone is frustrated with our inability to break down teams that park the bus in the last month or so.

Not going to waste any more time responding to you or your mate. 

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We went in all guns blazing when the pressure was very much on in the first game of the season. There's zero evidence that our underwhelming performances are down to feeling pressure. There's abundant evidence it's down to poor finishing and defensive lapses though.

I didn’t say it was, that first game was brilliant and maybe spoilt us, and gave us a false impression of what was in store. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

I did laugh when I read that, Lidl’s rich tea for the coaching team these last few weeks as a punishment 😆

Pasquale for King

So we will probably need to wait until next month to win it due to backlog of games our opponents still have to play, even if we win our games. 

22 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

So a happy clapper is a fan that doesn't give a sook about any team or manager except Hearts? I hate as much as any fan when we get a crap result but don't go losing it and calling for the head of any player or manager. Good on her for wanting to win every game, I want to win every game too but we were never going to do that, a lot on here sound like old firm fans with the entitlement and demeaning other clubs that are playing against us like it's their cup final. She's playing it down too. We are in a great position, unfortunately it's in this league but not for long now

WheatfieldWarrior
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So we will probably need to wait until next month to win it due to backlog of games our opponents still have to play, even if we win our games. 

Might even win the league on a day that we don't have a game.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Might even win the league on a day that we don't have a game.

It’s probably likely, as last time when Hibs played Rangers at ER. 
Might be better if it’s a Friday night so there’s less time for anyone who wants to congregate outside Tynie to celebrate it. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

So a happy clapper is a fan that doesn't give a sook about any team or manager except Hearts? I hate as much as any fan when we get a crap result but don't go losing it and calling for the head of any player or manager. Good on her for wanting to win every game, I want to win every game too but we were never going to do that, a lot on here sound like old firm fans with the entitlement and demeaning other clubs that are playing against us like it's their cup final. She's playing it down too. We are in a great position, unfortunately it's in this league but not for long now

There’s nothing wrong with demanding the best from your team, accepting mediocrity and there being no consequences for failure has led to us being in this position. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There’s nothing wrong with demanding the best from your team, accepting mediocrity and there being no consequences for failure has led to us being in this position. 

Well there really was consequences when we were at the bottom position with 8 games to go and there was a dubious vote to finish the league. RN never got us to that position but he's getting us out of it. CL & DS paid the price for failure

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

Well there really was consequences when we were at the bottom position with 8 games to go and there was a dubious vote to finish the league. RN never got us to that position but he's getting us out of it. CL & DS paid the price for failure

Yes eventually the malaise at the club ended in our demotion. It’s harsh to say after three months and the mess he inherited and a pandemic that Stendel was a failure. With a budget three times that of our competitors in this league RN really shouldn’t  be given too much credit for getting us out of it. It took far too long for Levein to be relieved of a job he always coveted but should never have been given. 
Has there been any consequences for the person who brought these people to the club, is she not more ensconced than ever? Untouchable and unable to be voted out as the board are full of her acolytes scared to    speak up? The only hardship she faced was having to get rid of the guy that’s mostly responsible for this mess and cost us millions. 

Since we are technically only 2 or 3 wins away from promotion, when do we think the SPFL board will suggest a vote on curtailing all the leagues below the Premiership in order to appease the SG into allowing the Old Firm ® to go ahead!?? 

Just joking ..... 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Since we are technically only 2 or 3 wins away from promotion, when do we think the SPFL board will suggest a vote on curtailing all the leagues below the Premiership in order to appease the SG into allowing the Old Firm ® to go ahead!?? 

Just joking ..... 

Too close to the truth to be honest 🙈

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes eventually the malaise at the club ended in our demotion. It’s harsh to say after three months and the mess he inherited and a pandemic that Stendel was a failure. With a budget three times that of our competitors in this league RN really shouldn’t  be given too much credit for getting us out of it. It took far too long for Levein to be relieved of a job he always coveted but should never have been given. 
Has there been any consequences for the person who brought these people to the club, is she not more ensconced than ever? Untouchable and unable to be voted out as the board are full of her acolytes scared to    speak up? The only hardship she faced was having to get rid of the guy that’s mostly responsible for this mess and cost us millions. 

It's not harsh , it's true. I liked DS , liked his idea of football but unfortunately it was not going to work for us with the players we had at that time i wish it had. What exactly do you want to happen with Ann Budge? After Robbie skates this league again then what would you like happen to him before getting a crack at the top league? To put this into perspective - Has any one ever brought more investment into Hearts ? Has a club ever sacked a promoted manager before a ball has been kicked the following season?  Do you think she hasn't had sleepless nights about her tenure at Hearts? Are we millions in debt?

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

It's not harsh , it's true. I liked DS , liked his idea of football but unfortunately it was not going to work for us with the players we had at that time i wish it had. What exactly do you want to happen with Ann Budge? After Robbie skates this league again then what would you like happen to him before getting a crack at the top league? To put this into perspective - Has any one ever brought more investment into Hearts ? Has a club ever sacked a promoted manager before a ball has been kicked the following season?  Do you think she hasn't had sleepless nights about her tenure at Hearts? Are we millions in debt?

You can’t judge a manager after three months in that situation. 
Have I said I want RN sacked? I would like him to realise he’s working for the 3rd biggest club in this country and act like it, not worry about poor tiny teams in a tinpot league and attack as we did in the first game of the season. Not the slow build up that allows teams to get back behind the ball and then labour to score goals. Yes clubs all over Europe have sacked managers after winning promotion, I think Watford did it recently. 
She brought no investment into the club, the benefactors approached her to help pay for Save the Children to sponsor us. James Anderson and his wife are passionate about helping kids so they set up that deal. If the benefactors and the FoH hadn’t given over £20m into the club we would be worse off. We do have debt of sorts I’m afraid to tell you. 
I would like Budge to leave her position and go and enjoy her money. The club is far too cosy and soft from top to bottom and she has set that standard, she has had successes but her failures out weigh them particularly on the football side. She should face the consequences for that as anyone else would. If Peter Lawell can get emptied after the success they’ve had then sure as hell she can too. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Have I said I want RN sacked? I would like him to realise he’s working for the 3rd biggest club in this country and act like it, not worry about poor tiny teams in a tinpot league and attack as we did in the first game of the season. Not the slow build up that allows teams to get back behind the ball and then labour to score goals. Yes clubs all over Europe have sacked managers after winning promotion, I think Watford did it recently. 
She brought no investment into the club, the benefactors approached her to help pay for Save the Children to sponsor us. James Anderson and his wife are passionate about helping kids so they set up that deal. If the benefactors and the FoH hadn’t given over £20m into the club we would be worse off. We do have debt of sorts I’m afraid to tell you. 
I would like Budge to leave her position and go and enjoy her money. The club is far too cosy and soft from top to bottom and she has set that standard, she has had successes but her failures out weigh them particularly on the football side. She should face the consequences for that as anyone else would. If Peter Lawell can get emptied after the success they’ve had then sure as hell she can too. 

If only you had been the one to step up and rescue the club from oblivion with your money we’d be winning the SPFL instead of Sevco. We’d have a 30k stadium instead of the measly 20k excuse for a stadium we have now. Yeah, you are right, Budge oot!! 

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

Sub4TiddlerMurray
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Incidentally, I worked at Hearts for 2 years just before AB stepped in and it was the most dysfunctional macho male workplace I have ever worked in. I’m sure however that you would have sorted that mess out much better than she has.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

If only you had been the one to step up and rescue the club from oblivion with your money we’d be winning the SPFL instead of Sevco. We’d have a 30k stadium instead of the measly 20k excuse for a stadium we have now. Yeah, you are right, Budge oot!! 

Yeah that’s what I said. 
I’m sure most fans would’ve realised CL was taking us down a dark road long before she did. 
She’s got her money back, we will be eternally grateful for her stepping in. Now move over and let folk that know what they’re doing take us forward. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Incidentally, I worked at Hearts for 2 years just before AB stepped in and it was the most dysfunctional macho male workplace I have ever worked in. I’m sure however that you would have sorted that mess out much better than she has.

She’s went far to far the other way, not sure if you’ve noticed but unfortunately football is quite a male dominated macho workplace and is unlikely to change. 

We are in the position I absolutely hate about the premier league.  Within a month it was clear we were going to win this.

Such a chronic shame.

• davemclaren changed the title to Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)