Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)

wattie exploited

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm going to wager today we hit the necessary points target and no other team will reach 45.

With the League so competitive and everything else to play for, be surprised if anyone reaches 45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• jr ewing

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Pretty sure we're not worrying much about the other teams. Showing them respect maybe. Robbie's put us in a position where we can start thinking about next season and try some things.

The Championship may be tinpot but it's a lot more interesting and competitive than the Premiership, especially looking down from afar from our vastly superior position at the top as we've always done under Robbie Neilson.

I don't see any difference in quality in the football played by the top 6 of the Championship compared to the bottom 6 of the Premiership. Dunfermline, Dundee, RR, Caley. Switch them with Hamilton, Killie, St Mirren and County and I wouldn't notice or care.

What we are doing is winning a shite league at a canter, partly because of how shite the other teams are but also because we're extremely dominant and good at winning more points than everyone else. This is what the OF do every single season one of them wins the league.

You slightly contradict yourself by saying that you don’t see much of a difference with the bottom six teams and the top six in our league, Utd for example did pretty much the same as we are doing and St Johnstone won a trophy I would love to see us win, which we lost out on a good opportunity to do this season. Just as well our competitors didn’t get that £500k grant at the start of the season it might’ve been tighter. 
As for worrying about other teams RNs comments about weather, pitches, hard places to go and his defensive subs last Saturday show he worries too much about them. Part of that is his experience of these grounds and their familiarity with him, but seeing as hes skating/skooshing it no and twice before seems needlessly negative. 
But we are one game closer to getting out of it thankfully. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s just a few 😆,  you’re not on here much are you. The ordinary fan, does any Hearts fan need reminded of what league we are in and the two people most responsible for that? The mess Neilson is still trying to clean up, which is actually hindering him from getting in more quality like Frear/Popescu/Halliday/Roberts/Kastaneer. The current playing strum is being used to criticise Neilson, you should look at a match thread after a win never mind a loss. 
If I’m reading you right you’re saying Leveins only bad patch of management is the last three years at Hearts? I’m sure the Leicester fans and Tartan army ******s might contradict that. So that’s three out of the five main jobs he’s had. 

So the majority of Hearts fans  give  a sook what he got up to at  Leicester and Scotland now? Never said he was a legend at either of those. Actually I'm not here as often as I'd like because I just get so bored with all the malcontents and moaning faced b******s destroying every thread with their negativity. I was doing cartwheels when we got Robbie back . Aye, just a few 🤣- 30,000 members and the same dozen torn -faced arses 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm going to wager today we hit the necessary points target and no other team will reach 45.

With the League so competitive and everything else to play for, be surprised if anyone reaches 45

Probably will be, Dunfermline need 5 wins from remaining 9 games to reach 45 points (they are currently averaging a win every 2.25 games, they would need a win every 1.8 games to reach 45 points.)

Raith Rovers need 5 wins and a draw from remaining 9 games to reach 45 points (they are the same win per games ratio as Dunfermline.) 

Dundee need 6 wins from 9 games to reach 45 points (they are currently averaging a win every 2.57 games, they would need a win every 1.5 games.)

Add on top of all that, with our goal difference at least 19 goals better than the closest team, you would need to add a point to what every team needs. So you are probably correct that our current total is enough, however I still think we should get 51 points (win next two games) then we can celebrate.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

So the majority of Hearts fans  give  a sook what he got up to at  Leicester and Scotland now? Never said he was a legend at either of those. Actually I'm not here as often as I'd like because I just get so bored with all the malcontents and moaning faced b******s destroying every thread with their negativity. I was doing cartwheels when we got Robbie back . Aye, just a few 🤣- 30,000 members and the same dozen torn -faced arses 

You mentioned his only bad managerial period was with us, you were wrong. I didn’t say Hearts fan cared about his other failures but I’m sure some Hearts fans were bothered with what he did with Scotland. He is a legend, probably the most unpopular one apart from Pressley, due to the millions he cost  the club and the problems we still face because of him and will for a few years yet. 
Just because only 1% vote means the rest back Neilson, are you aware how elections work yeah? Non voters aren’t counted. 
As I’ve said it’s not just a few, pop over and have a look at the match thread and bore the hundreds complaining about today’s performance. The happy clappers need some help. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not a minority im afraid. So because nobody voted that means they didn’t agree or disagree. How baby folk do you know that’s happy with him, bear in mind the likelihood is I’ve spoken to a lot of Jambos since he returned. 
Don’t think for a minute that you happy clappers that loved Levein and his disciple are any less boring. 

"bear in mind the likelihood is I’ve spoken to a lot of Jambos since he returned" oh well then my mistake Pasquale The Great has spoken to "a lot of jambos" that seems pretty conclusive...case closed eh. Bear in mind though I've also spoken to 'a lot of  jambos' and the conclusion is you're a 'bore'  and 'up your own a***'

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You mentioned his only bad managerial period was with us, you were wrong. I didn’t say Hearts fan cared about his other failures but I’m sure some Hearts fans were bothered with what he did with Scotland. He is a legend, probably the most unpopular one apart from Pressley, due to the millions he cost  the club and the problems we still face because of him and will for a few years yet. 
Just because only 1% vote means the rest back Neilson, are you aware how elections work yeah? Non voters aren’t counted. 
As I’ve said it’s not just a few, pop over and have a look at the match thread and bore the hundreds complaining about today’s performance. The happy clappers need some help. 

Think the happy clappers must need glasses, as it looks to me we are absolutely horsing this league but a bit of moaning going on so surely we can't be at the top 🤣, I never even wanted to mention CL as he is no longer here but the empty vessels keep dredging it up I am only interested in his record with us. I was only concluding that he is a Hearts legend I don't care if he's popular or not  just club legend. Surely if you are wanting people to vote then you must  give choices that are not all slanted one way. Was there anything in the choices, and I say choices very loosely as there wasn't much that i read- giving a choice to say that RN is giving this league a good seeing to? I'd have voted for that. Think the malcontents need to show a bit more humility and less entitlement , few on here sound like they should be following teams along the M8

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, ADAM said:

"bear in mind the likelihood is I’ve spoken to a lot of Jambos since he returned" oh well then my mistake Pasquale The Great has spoken to "a lot of jambos" that seems pretty conclusive...case closed eh. Bear in mind though I've also spoken to 'a lot of  jambos' and the conclusion is you're a 'bore'  and 'up your own a***'

It’s more proof than you have, if I’m such a bore put me on ignore where I had you for who knows how long or what for? 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, cubanjambo said:

Think the happy clappers must need glasses, as it looks to me we are absolutely horsing this league but a bit of moaning going on so surely we can't be at the top 🤣, I never even wanted to mention CL as he is no longer here but the empty vessels keep dredging it up I am only interested in his record with us. I was only concluding that he is a Hearts legend I don't care if he's popular or not  just club legend. Surely if you are wanting people to vote then you must  give choices that are not all slanted one way. Was there anything in the choices, and I say choices very loosely as there wasn't much that i read- giving a choice to say that RN is giving this league a good seeing to? I'd have voted for that. Think the malcontents need to show a bit more humility and less entitlement , few on here sound like they should be following teams along the M8

Yeah I said the poll was limited and you laughed at that, I didn’t set it up and only voted on it today for the third choice of let’s see what happens next season. 
Aa I’ve said I have higher standards, and won’t apologise for wanting the best for and from my club. 
I don’t want to talk about him but he’s a legend and everyone loves him, no they don’t. Did you not hear thousands of fans signing for his removal last season? Hearing and sight needing checked then eh 😆

upgotheheads

By my reckoning we need 12 points from the last 7 games to be sure of winning this league, assuming Dunfermline win every game and manage to improve their GD ratio by 21 goals over us. I think we can start to relax.

Edited by upgotheheads

davemclaren
3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

By my reckoning we need 12 points from the last 7 games to be sure of winning this league, assuming Dunfermline win every game and manage to improve their GD ratio by 21 goals over us. I think we can start to relax.

I’m happy to start relaxing but only fully relaxed when we are over the line. 

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m happy to start relaxing but only fully relaxed when we are over the line. 

Relaxed and Hearts don't mix well really. 😍

12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I said the poll was limited and you laughed at that, I didn’t set it up and only voted on it today for the third choice of let’s see what happens next season. 
Aa I’ve said I have higher standards, and won’t apologise for wanting the best for and from my club. 
I don’t want to talk about him but he’s a legend and everyone loves him, no they don’t. Did you not hear thousands of fans signing for his removal last season? Hearing and sight needing checked then eh 😆

Where has anyone on here mentioned that they don't want the best for Hearts? Where did I say everyone loved him?  BTW it was you  as per usual that brought up CL , let it go, that part of Hearts is over . It's not about CL this thread is about Robbie being so many points in front- are you not getting that ? He also seems - now correct me if I'm wrong - to be increasing the lead at the top. Robbie Neilson that is , in case you bring in any others into it. Limited poll ?????  just a bit 🤣🤣🤣. I don't want to bore this thread to death so I'm out unless anything positive or constructive can be added to this conversation.

On 13/03/2021 at 12:08, colinmaroon said:

Sorry I have a real bugbear with "went" instead of "gone" or "has gone,"

The boys "done" well is another.

I am delighted to see the above and obviously misread your post as saying nothing could be done.  Don't accept that!

I have dealt with numerous cases in my "job" and so *am 100% behind your efforts.

*I'm, not am. Sorry a bugbear of mine, but not as bad as people contracting I have and then putting got after it. It really does my head in. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, cubanjambo said:

Where has anyone on here mentioned that they don't want the best for Hearts? Where did I say everyone loved him?  BTW it was you  as per usual that brought up CL , let it go, that part of Hearts is over . It's not about CL this thread is about Robbie being so many points in front- are you not getting that ? He also seems - now correct me if I'm wrong - to be increasing the lead at the top. Robbie Neilson that is , in case you bring in any others into it. Limited poll ?????  just a bit 🤣🤣🤣. I don't want to bore this thread to death so I'm out unless anything positive or constructive can be added to this conversation.

Too late for that 😴🥱

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, cubanjambo said:

The person you're replying to and half a dozen others see no difference between CL and Neilson. They possibly genuinely think CL is pulling Neilson's strings. Levein has launched some other managerial careers - notably Peter Houston and Jack Ross - but that's not the same apparently.

33 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The person you're replying to and half a dozen others see no difference between CL and Neilson. They possibly genuinely think CL is pulling Neilson's strings. Levein has launched some other managerial careers - notably Peter Houston and Jack Ross - but that's not the same apparently.

Jack Ross gets the same disrespect that Robbie does. 

Both have taken their respective sides to third place but its not good enough for the purists. 

EPL football and MOTD has a lot to answer for. So many effing wannabee experts around these days. 😴

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Both have taken their respective sides to third place but its not good enough for the purists. 

EPL football and MOTD has a lot to answer for. So many effing wannabee experts around these days. 😴

There was a lot of wailing about we should have gone for Ross. I think he's the worst of the "Levein prodigies" though.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

There was a lot of wailing about we should have gone for Ross. I think he's the worst of the "Levein prodigies" though.

Plus he's creepy as fcuk.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not at all, nobody can deny there are similarities in how they approach games. Levein is Neilsons mentor. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not at all, nobody can deny there are similarities in how they approach games. Levein is Neilsons mentor. 

The main similarity for me is both get the primary goal is picking up points. I think Robbie wants and tries to play a more expansive style with retaining possession at its core. Levein was addicted to a big man up front and rarely played two out and out wingers from what I remember.

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Too late for that 😴🥱

Alright, since you say so 🤣🤣🤣

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The main similarity for me is both get the primary goal is picking up points. I think Robbie wants and tries to play a more expansive style with retaining possession at its core. Levein was addicted to a big man up front and rarely played two out and out wingers from what I remember.

Levein loved a 442 with CMs  like Thomacek/Simmons/Stamp/Hartley/Djoum/Callachan to name a few play wide with one winger. When we came back up Neilson changed from two wingers and liked to have Cowie/Prince/Djoum wide with one winger. Same formation really. The note passing just before subs. The last two seasons both of them have said we didn’t pass it quick enough and the pace was too slow, as we pass it around at the back. Last season we eventually launched it but have done it less this season. It’s the switch the wingers after 30 minutes, subs around 55-60 if it’s not working and the constant tinkering with players positions and formations as we look for a goal late in matches that also are similar. He was his manager for a big part of his career, he got him back into the club, mentored him and it would appear he planted the seed of his latest return. It’s only natural he would copy some of his traits. 

hmfc_liam06
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Levein loved a 442 with CMs  like Thomacek/Simmons/Stamp/Hartley/Djoum/Callachan to name a few play wide with one winger. When we came back up Neilson changed from two wingers and liked to have Cowie/Prince/Djoum wide with one winger. Same formation really. The note passing just before subs. The last two seasons both of them have said we didn’t pass it quick enough and the pace was too slow, as we pass it around at the back. Last season we eventually launched it but have done it less this season. It’s the switch the wingers after 30 minutes, subs around 55-60 if it’s not working and the constant tinkering with players positions and formations as we look for a goal late in matches that also are similar. He was his manager for a big part of his career, he got him back into the club, mentored him and it would appear he planted the seed of his latest return. It’s only natural he would copy some of his traits. 

Burley also played the same system.

indianajones
16 hours ago, luckydug said:

This. 

Tourist league fans expecting the world. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Burley also played the same system.

Yes, Hartley was slightly further forward than those two play it and had better players and better results. Neilson obviously played under him as well.  

hmfc_liam06
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes, Hartley was slightly further forward than those two play it and had better players and better results. Neilson obviously played under him as well.  

Amazing what can be achieved when your shopping list is Skacel, Brellier, Fyssas and Jankauskas and not Frear, Halliday, Kastaneer and Popescu :lol:

Pasquale for King
Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Amazing what can be achieved when your shopping list is Skacel, Brellier, Fyssas and Jankauskas and not Frear, Halliday, Kastaneer and Popescu :lol:

Or your playing in the worst championship in living memory with the same gap in budget 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Or your playing in the worst championship in living memory with the same gap in budget 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

You just made up the ‘worst championship in living memory’ bit. 😄

hmfc_liam06
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If only football was played on balance sheets, eh?

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You just made up the ‘worst championship in living memory’ bit. 😄

It’s the poorest was the point. 

Stendelnator
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Based on what? If anything the gap between 2nd and 9th suggests a highly competitive league. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

If only football was played on balance sheets, eh?

But you said that having those great players made it easier? Make your mind up? Easy for Burley but hard for Neilson? The biggest problem Burley had was at RB and them signing Tall instead of a new RB 😆

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Based on what? If anything the gap between 2nd and 9th suggests a highly competitive league. 

Budget wise, didn’t make that clear. Its probably why it’s so competitive beneath us. 

hmfc_liam06

But you said that having those great players made it easier? Make your mind up? Easy for Burley but hard for Neilson? The biggest problem Burley had was at RB and them signing Tall instead of a new RB 😆

Of course it was easier for Burley :lol: There's a massive difference between having players like Skacel over Kasteneer, Pressley over Popescu, Jankauskas over Gnaduillet etc, even relative to budget.

Just because we have more of a budget than the rest of the league does not mean the players will have the quality to swat teams aside with ease. We're still very much shopping in the bargain basement, getting cast off's from Coventry, Forest Green and the likes.

hmfc_liam06

Even then, those Harlem Globetrotters of 05/06 needed penalties to see off Gretna...

This is the trouble with folk on here. They pay no respect to the opposition who make it hard for us and expect, because we have the biggest budget, that we should be destroying teams with ease.

What's the point in even playing? Let's just set league tables by who's spending the most to least.

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What objective, or even subjective, criteria did you use to come to that conclusion?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Of course it was easier for Burley :lol: There's a massive difference between having players like Skacel over Kasteneer, Pressley over Popescu, Jankauskas over Gnaduillet etc, even relative to budget.

Just because we have more of a budget than the rest of the league does not mean the players will have the quality to swat teams aside with ease. We're still very much shopping in the bargain basement, getting cast off's from Coventry, Forest Green and the likes.

Yes and we are also playing some teams whose guys have real jobs or are nowhere near the standard of our current squad. Gordon v Hamilton, Boyce v Keatings, GMS v Muirhead, Kingsley v Mchattie, Naismith v Todarov to name a few. The other teams have small budgets and squads which is the reason its so competitive under us and we are miles ahead, whilst not always firing on all cylinders. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What objective, or even subjective, criteria did you use to come to that conclusion?

I’ve already said it up there, budget. 

8BF7CEBC-ED4E-43E4-91ED-2A7BC99E58D8.jpeg

Pasquale for King

As for giving respect to other clubs the only ones that will receive it are those like Inverness and the others that didn’t vote to demote us,also received £20 from me,  I wish the rest nothing but toil and trouble. 

jamboinglasgow
40 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Even then, those Harlem Globetrotters of 05/06 needed penalties to see off Gretna...

This is the trouble with folk on here. They pay no respect to the opposition who make it hard for us and expect, because we have the biggest budget, that we should be destroying teams with ease.

What's the point in even playing? Let's just set league tables by who's spending the most to least.

Its my biggest gripe at games, when we are playing a team, say like Motherwell, who are unbeaten in 10 games, won their last 6 games, its 0-0 and someone behind shouts "come on Hearts, these guys are shite." As someone said before, there are Hearts fans who think everyone we play outside of the old firm are terrible teams we should win by 4 or 5 goals.

Completely agree with you about the biggest budget and expecting us to destroy teams. People confuse that the much bigger budget means more about results than performances. Hearts should be expected to win the Championship way clear of the next teams. But individual games dont mean that a performance will happen easily, because the opposition will make it hard for us to win. Budget means we should have enough talent to find a winning goal. The Old Firm are the same.

To those going on about us struggling to break down teams when they have a defensive set-up.....

Where do you stand regarding the matches we’ve played against teams who’ve attacked us ? There hasn’t been all that many to be fair and yet we lost 3 of them. 

We were 3 down at home to Raith ffs.....a team who’d trained once in a fortnight. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not said with ease, just not as laboured and losing 3 drawing 3. The manager knows this league and it knows him, needlessly negative. 
As for spending the most, Pep said recently it’s why his squad  is full of great players and it’s why the top teams dominate in every league. I think he knows his stuff. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

To those going on about us struggling to break down teams when they have a defensive set-up.....

Where do you stand regarding the matches we’ve played against teams who’ve attacked us ? There hasn’t been all that many to be fair and yet we lost 3 of them. 

We were 3 down at home to Raith ffs.....a team who’d trained once in a fortnight. 

Indeed, we struggle even more against teams that press. Strangely enough Smith has had quite a few brain farts recently, before talking about the three CHs we’ve used this season. 

Indeed, we struggle even more against teams that press. Strangely enough Smith has had quite a few brain farts recently, before talking about the three CHs we’ve used this season. 

Smiths and Kingsley have struggled to recapture their early season form since the Cup Final loss imo.

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its my biggest gripe at games, when we are playing a team, say like Motherwell, who are unbeaten in 10 games, won their last 6 games, its 0-0 and someone behind shouts "come on Hearts, these guys are shite." As someone said before, there are Hearts fans who think everyone we play outside of the old firm are terrible teams we should win by 4 or 5 goals.

Completely agree with you about the biggest budget and expecting us to destroy teams. People confuse that the much bigger budget means more about results than performances. Hearts should be expected to win the Championship way clear of the next teams. But individual games dont mean that a performance will happen easily, because the opposition will make it hard for us to win. Budget means we should have enough talent to find a winning goal. The Old Firm are the same.

The ironic thing is these folk expect us to compete with celtic and rangers and are the first to go tonto at the team if we are humped by them. 

Their logic only works one way for them. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Smiths and Kingsley have struggled to recapture their early season form since the Cup Final loss imo.

I thought they were good against Dundee with a bit of freedom to go forward and a midfielder to combine with, started well in Saturday too but RN changed the formation in the first half. I think he feels they’re exposed without someone in front of them. A bit of competition wouldn’t go amiss either. 

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The ironic thing is these folk expect us to compete with celtic and rangers and are the first to go tonto at the team if we are humped by them. 

Their logic only works one way for them. 

You could even argue that the Dundee 6-2 win made teams realise quickly that defensively is the way to go. Dundee tried to go out attack and were badly burned by it, next game we go to Arbroath and they play very defensively and we only win 1-0.

• davemclaren changed the title to Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)