Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)

wattie exploited

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, sadj said:

The recent lone ranger film? Wasn’t aware there was one. 

You weren't A-Lone in thinking that. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• jr ewing

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Budgets again...

What you fail to take into account is that the standard of player you get for 500-1000 per week isn't a million miles off a 2000-3000 player per week. Compare that between players at Man City vs players at Sheff Utd. Talk budgets all you want but if you can't grasp that point, you never will.

While we're comparing Man City to Hearts like you obviously seem to like doing.

Points Per Game

Hearts - 2.25

Man City - 2.36

Goals Per Game

Hearts - 2.4

Man City - 2.1

Avg Possession

Hearts - 61%

Man City - 64%

Shots Per Game

Hearts - 14

Man City - 16

Interesting...

Robbie is the new Pep! 

He's not taken 6 years to achieve that either. 

Tbh, man city are only that far ahead as the rest of the league is shite 😜. That's how it works. 

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Robbie is the new Pep! 

He's not taken 6 years to achieve that either. 

Tbh, man city are only that far ahead as the rest of the league is shite 😜. That's how it works. 

Bravo 👏👏

41 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You weren't A-Lone in thinking that. 

How anyone can perform the mental gymnastics to extrapolate from the misguided portrayal of a fictional character to the use of the term 'going tonto' as being racist beats me! That really is stretching political correctness to  its limits. Isn't 'tonto' now't but a Spanish word for 'dim', which has become Scottish vernacular for the equivalent of 'radge'? Tonto the character was a faithful side-kick and something of a good guy; thus being described as 'tonto' with reference to said character could be construed as a complement. As to why the creator of 'The Lone Ranger' chose to give him that name, who knows? Maybe the author was being a bit naughty, or perhaps he was simply having a joke as some sort of explanation as to why the character was so faithful. Anyhoo, the use of 'going tonto' as a substitute for 'losing the plot', or whatever, has now't to do with the fictional character, methinks. Hence, making that link and crying, "racist" is simply absurd and seems to me to be yet another example of folks who are just waiting for any excuse to be offended.

john thomas
11 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

How anyone can perform the mental gymnastics to extrapolate from the misguided portrayal of a fictional character to the use of the term 'going tonto' as being racist beats me! That really is stretching political correctness to  its limits. Isn't 'tonto' now't but a Spanish word for 'dim', which has become Scottish vernacular for the equivalent of 'radge'? Tonto the character was a faithful side-kick and something of a good guy; thus being described as 'tonto' with reference to said character could be construed as a complement. As to why the creator of 'The Lone Ranger' chose to give him that name, who knows? Maybe the author was being a bit naughty, or perhaps he was simply having a joke as some sort of explanation as to why the character was so faithful. Anyhoo, the use of 'going tonto' as a substitute for 'losing the plot', or whatever, has now't to do with the fictional character, methinks. Hence, making that link and crying, "racist" is simply absurd and seems to me to be yet another example of folks who are just waiting for any excuse to be offended.

Well written except for highlighted words . Not accepting predictive text excuse for 'now't' either

13 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Well written except for highlighted words . Not accepting predictive text excuse for 'now't' either

Thanks prof! 🙂 I never use predictive text hence only ever honest mistakes. Should've been "compliment" and "nowt" but, hey, I'm not perfect. Are you? 🤔

P.s. your full stop is adrift and your next sentence really should've started with "I'm not ..."; and "as an" inserted before "excuse" would've been better. Please feel free to correct me. 😉

Edited by Wee Mikey

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Yes we score often use Spanish words to explain stuff don’t we? Going Tonto refers to the Native American and their sometimes excited nature during battle or their dancing, stuff that seemed a bit crazy perhaps. 
The people who complained about the character having a name that’s translated as dim were the Native Americans who felt it was derogatory. They felt that the portrayal of Tonto in the film also perpetrated these negative stereotypes. 
As for you understanding it you could’ve read the numerous links I shared that would’ve explained better than I could. 
I don’t think we will see anyone charged with racism for saying this unless a Scot says it in front of a Native American but who knows. Silly as may sound but that’s where we are. 
Tv shows, books etc that unintentionally have negative stereotypes of all kinds are being banned nowadays, Dr Seuss, til death us do part etc. Cancel culture by the woke generation is what right wing nutters like Trump would say. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

I'm even more confused why someone on a football forum would go there. 

Very strange given the context. 

It you search "tonto" it describes it as Spanish and the Scottish use, no mention of it being racist. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm even more confused why someone on a football forum would go there. 

Very strange given the context. 

It you search "tonto" it describes it as Spanish and the Scottish use, no mention of it being racist. 

Quite. 👍

john thomas
18 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Thanks prof! 🙂 I never use predictive text hence only ever honest mistakes. Should've been "compliment" and "nowt" but, hey, I'm not perfect. Are you? 🤔

P.s. your full stop is adrift and your next sentence really should've started with "I'm not ..."; and "as an" inserted before "excuse" would've been better. Please feel free to correct me. 😉

Full stop is missing , certainly not adrift

'Predictive text excuse' is a recognised phrase [I'm sure there is a technical description for this] . This negates the need for the changes you suggest .

Flock me ! We are obviously bored

On 14/03/2021 at 12:48, wavydavy said:

Relaxed and Hearts don't mix well really. 🙄

You never said a truer word Davy !

Followed them for 60years, and I haven't done much 'relaxing' !😀

With the form of the teams below us I reckon we'll have the league wrapped up by the end of the month 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Almost worth losing on Saturday to drag Dundee deeper in

Can't take the chance tbh, if they wn all thier games and we lose ours or covid stops us playing, or we field an alien - they could catch us. 

Can't take any risks, we have enough on our plate with Cumdawg at Dundee and Wighton blasting Dunfermline to new heights. 

Bazzas right boot

Ayr taken 4 points of Utd last season, shame they voted for us to join them this season who skelped them each time for nada points this season, they could have Been in about 2nd with a similar return this season. 

Shame, medicine, take it scrubs. 

4 hours ago, bairdy said:

You never said a truer word Davy !

Followed them for 60years, and I haven't done much 'relaxing' !😀

I know, the same for me.

12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Win the next 3 and there we go....promotion all but done and dusted unless you want to be pedantic about goal difference

Might be easier said than done.

We struggled at Arbroath earlier in the season and they are fightng for their lives.

I still think we will do it but as always with Hearts it won't be the easy way.

• davemclaren changed the title to 15 points in front ( not updated )
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We struggled at Arbroath earlier in the season and they are fightng for their lives.

:notsure:

Shanks said no

Dundee v Dunfermline on the 27th March could almost seal it for us and if not then, Raith v Pars on 30th. 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

David McCaig
23 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Win the next 3 and there we go....promotion all but done and dusted unless you want to be pedantic about goal difference

Winning the next two may be sufficient for us to win the League on 30th March when Raith play Dunfermline.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It can't be much easier. 

We're 15 points clear with 7 games left... 

What's the chances of some of youse being allowed into grounds before the end of the season?

Sure I heard Boris or someone saying they were very optimistic of 20,000 at e FA Cup final.

gorgie rd eh11
48 minutes ago, Hans von Luck said:

At this rate nobody else will get to 45 points anyway.

Dunfermline are the nearest challengers now and if they average the same points for their last 9 games as they did for their games so far they'll end up on 45 points. 

35 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Arbroath won’t sit in this time as you said they are fighting for there life’s so it should leave more spaces to open them up hopefully 

19 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What's the chances of some of youse being allowed into grounds before the end of the season?

Sure I heard Boris or someone saying they were very optimistic of 20,000 at e FA Cup final.

Next season. 🤗

Seymour M Hersh

So Dunfermline's 2 games in hand are against raith and dundreich. Anything could happen with those but two draws would be ideal. 

24 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Youse :rofl: 

Oh Doug!

Seriously?

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

This assumes Dunfermline somehow win 4 out of 5? I think it will be done with 5 to spare 

alwaysthereinspirit
49 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Are you meaning win the next three?

Beat Arbroath? Or get Promoted?

4 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I cant see anyone winning 5 more games than us in this league.

Absolutely no chance , the league is won .

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I cant see anyone winning 5 more games than us in this league.

We've won 70% of our games, the next best in our league is 45%. It's not been vintage but we're well on our way to achieving goal #1, winning this league championship at the first attempt.

Good. Not great, but good. Definitely not terrible.

Aye, Raith are going to be right up our arses with all these games in hand.  🙄

They've made a bit of a mess of it though, haven’t they?

Only Dunfermline left now to ‘worry’ about.

Hope we're ok.  🤷🏿‍♂️

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Decent results. Dunfermline now the ones we need to fall away.

If we win the next two it’s finished

We can lose at least 6 maybe even 7.

Beating Dunfermline would probably be enough on its own. 

Despite being a slog since January its been incredibly easy in the context of the table. 

Despite what BBC Anyone but Hearts tried to imply. 

2nd place 43 points at a guess

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hahahahaha they’re still waiting on a garden bridge and an airport on the Thames, he said he would love honour and obey two ex wives. Don’t listen to what he says. 
No chance of any fans this season, will be lucky to get 10k in at Euro 2020 in 2021 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It can't be much easier. 

We're 15 points clear with 7 games left... 

I was replying to the post about it could be over if we win our next two games.

I said I still think we would do it but not the easy way.

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Aye, Raith are going to be right up our arses with all these games in hand.  🙄

They've made a bit of a mess of it though, haven’t they?

Only Dunfermline left now to ‘worry’ about.

Hope we're ok.  🤷🏿‍♂️

Haven’t got any finger nails left, doing yoga so I can bite my toenails 🤢🤮🤪😆

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, One five said:

Arbroath won’t sit in this time as you said they are fighting for there life’s so it should leave more spaces to open them up hopefully 

They only know one way to play, they would rather only lose 1 nil than attack us and lose 5 nil. It’s why they usually have a good defensive record, they might even play more defensively. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I was replying to the post about it could be over if we win our next two games.

I said I still think we would do it but not the easy way.

Mm, OK, it can't or couldn't be much easier tho no matter what happens in the next two games, 2 games I think we'll win as well Tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They only know one way to play, they would rather only lose 1 nil than attack us and lose 5 nil. It’s why they usually have a good defensive record, they might even play more defensively. 

Ayr were awful on Saturday. 

Hopefully we start to score a few early goals, will let us crack in a few. 

Not done that for a while, score early that is. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aye.

No chance they'll "have a go".

A draw, or even a narrow defeat, will do little harm to Arbroath on Saturday.

It's very tight, point and goal difference wise, for them and Morton with just 7 games remaining.

Another 0-1 Hearts would not be a disaster for them.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, martoon said:

Aye.

No chance they'll "have a go".

A draw, or even a narrow defeat, will do little harm to Arbroath on Saturday.

It's very tight, point and goal difference wise, for them and Morton with just 7 games remaining.

Another 0-1 Hearts would not be a disaster for them.

The two times we’ve played them it’s just been like a training exercise attack v defence, you know that proper managers do. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)