Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)

wattie exploited

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ayr were awful on Saturday. 

Hopefully we start to score a few early goals, will let us crack in a few. 

Not done that for a while, score early that is. 

They must’ve been better tonight, did our more nervy fans a favour. 
Im still not sure Arbroath would come out and attack even if we score early, it’s all damage limitation 🙈
Wightons 3 goals in 5 games for them last season looks miraculous now 😆

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• jr ewing

Pasquale for King

Someone put this in Dundee’s twitter feed. Quite a few gloating Jambos in there talking about emails, spam folders, medicine etc.

Also Dundonians wanting Mkjakey out 😆.

7 hours ago, Morgan said:

Aye, Raith are going to be right up our arses with all these games in hand.  🙄

They've made a bit of a mess of it though, haven’t they?

Only Dunfermline left now to ‘worry’ about.

Hope we're ok.  🤷🏿‍♂️

:rofl:

8 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So Dunfermline's 2 games in hand are against raith and dundreich. Anything could happen with those but two draws would be ideal. 

Morton and Raith both away. 

Edited by ri Alban

7 hours ago, Boof said:

15 points between 1st and 2nd

13 points between 2nd and 10th

When you read that you have to wonder why so many of us are disappointed with things. 

Points before performances has to be priority at this stage. The league is won, time to start building a team and an identity for next season.

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Morton and Raith both away. 

Raith and Dundee.

Every else have played 20. Raith and Dundee 19, Dunfermline 18.

hmfc_liam06
On 26/02/2021 at 22:16, wattie exploited said:

what 12 points in front only if the other teams don't win their games in hand if they do we will be 6 points and 7 points in front 

our last 4 games we have dropped 6 points not winning form especially if dundee scum bags beat us next week :rifle:

tonight there goalie had 2 saves to make again not good enough !!!!

even Craig Gordon said it is basically piss and no where good enough  !!!!!!

just hoping we get back the form we had the first game of the season when we stuffed them 6-2:rifle:

Pants dried out yet?

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Morgan said:

Hope we're ok.  🤷🏿‍♂️

raith 😂, always better having the points in the bag.

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They only know one way to play, they would rather only lose 1 nil than attack us and lose 5 nil. It’s why they usually have a good defensive record, they might even play more defensively. 

Yes they do play a defensive system but I think it’s important to try and win your home games at the (business side) of the season, but we will see mate 🤷‍♂️

13 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Are you meaning win the next three?

Beat Arbroath? Or get Promoted?

I don't think there is any doubt that we will be promoted. I was meaning Hearts being Hearts hardly ever do things the easy way so I would not bet on us winning the next few games.

avhudtheteeshirt

I said it on an earlier thread, we don't need to win this league, the other teams have thrown it our way!!!!

Thanks for that !!!!

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, One five said:

Yes they do play a defensive system but I think it’s important to try and win your home games at the (business side) of the season, but we will see mate 🤷‍♂️

Yeah they need points obviously, especially with Ayr beating Dundee. Let’s hope they come out to play 👍🏽

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Raith and Dundee.

Every else have played 20. Raith and Dundee 19, Dunfermline 18.

Apologies, I've looked at the cup game. 

Edited by ri Alban

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I don't think there is any doubt that we will be promoted. I was meaning Hearts being Hearts hardly ever do things the easy way so I would not bet on us winning the next few games.

Winning promotion and getting out of this crappy league was always the first step on the journey. I’d rather we did it the way we have than be in a two or three team battle. That would have been tough to handle. We haven’t been consistent this season but every team has seen playing us as their own cup final. Especially at their own home.

I’ll take what’s happened and leave it at that. Onward and upwards.

Hectormasson
14 hours ago, Morgan said:

Hope we're ok.  🤷🏿‍♂️

We're totally OK m8 👌

Hectormasson
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha they’re still waiting on a garden bridge and an airport on the Thames, he said he would love honour and obey two ex wives. Don’t listen to what he says. 
No chance of any fans this season, will be lucky to get 10k in at Euro 2020 in 2021 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆

Very true , if we get any fans in at all for next season,  it will be very limited, maybe 4/5 k at most, will we ever be allowed 17k plus again as things stand?

19 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Very true , if we get any fans in at all for next season,  it will be very limited, maybe 4/5 k at most, will we ever be allowed 17k plus again as things stand?

Wonder how they will go about season ticket pricing if we are only going to be allowed say 1/4 of the fans in 🤷‍♂️. Apologies if that’s been mentioned before.

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Who knows, first Derby should be at Tynie, no away fans? No singing or shouting 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆? Vaccine passports to get in? So many questions. Going to be strange for a while yet. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, One five said:

Wonder how they will go about season ticket pricing if we are only going to be allowed say 1/4 of the fans in 🤷‍♂️. Apologies if that’s been mentioned before.

Budge mentioned it so they’re holding off ST sales for a while yet. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Budge mentioned it so they’re holding off ST sales for a while yet. 

Understandable, nobody knows how this is going to pan out just hope for the best ,

we may get some idea when the decision is made for the Euros🤞

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, One five said:

Understandable, nobody knows how this is going to pan out just hope for the best ,

we may get some idea when the decision is made for the Euros🤞

That may well be a last minute decision too, UEFA demanding to know by the end of this month isn’t going to rush the Scottish Government. 

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Winning promotion and getting out of this crappy league was always the first step on the journey. I’d rather we did it the way we have than be in a two or three team battle. That would have been tough to handle. We haven’t been consistent this season but every team has seen playing us as their own cup final. Especially at their own home.

I’ll take what’s happened and leave it at that. Onward and upwards.

My thoughts as well

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

That may well be a last minute decision too, UEFA demanding to know by the end of this month isn’t going to rush the Scottish Government. 

Didn’t realise it was the end of this month that UEFA was to decide thought it was end of April  🤦‍♂️

cheers 

jambos are go!
On 13/03/2021 at 05:14, Kiwidoug said:

We are in the position I absolutely hate about the premier league.  Within a month it was clear we were going to win this.

Such a chronic shame.

If we were not in this League literally ever other club would be in with a chance of promotion!!!

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

If we were not in this League literally ever other club would be in with a chance of promotion!!!

Dundee would probably have strolled it, and they wouldn't have needed to splash out on Sow, Adam, Cummings etc. They believed the press that they could be a challenger to us and forgot about the rest of the league. That this is all of their own doing and completely avoidable is very, very funny.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Dundee would probably have strolled it, and they wouldn't have needed to splash out on Sow, Adam, Cummings etc. They believed the press that they could be a challenger to us and forgot about the rest of the league. That this is all of their own doing and completely avoidable is very, very funny.

9 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Two good posts. 

alwaysthereinspirit
10 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Just give us the title and let the rest fight it out for playoffs and relegation

This. We were demoted with 8 games left.

Why not crown us in the same asinine way.

You know it makes sense.

End of day, the others could pretty much be doing whatever they want. We're on course for a 85 point season on ppg over 36 games. That's enough to win this league EVERY season.

Let's not pretend it's because of a lack of challenger we've won this. It hasn't been pretty for a number of reasons but the boys have done their job and got us back up with little fuss.

upgotheheads
22 hours ago, Smithee said:

Absolute beast of a player

I love watching him, he reminds me of Zlatan and fat Ronaldo rolled into one. The ball flies off that left foot!

Reminds me of Riccardo Fuller.

6 hours ago, One five said:

Ann Budge said recently season tickets are on hold. 

Seems we're heading back to normal around June though. 

Back to 2005
7 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Hearts and every other club will go bust if this is the case. By August everyone that wants it will be vaccinated. Going to take some explaining as to why we cannot get back to normal at that stage.

55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ann Budge said recently season tickets are on hold. 

Seems we're heading back to normal around June though. 

Normal 🤷‍♂️Can’t remember how that feels lol, we certainly need it mate 🤞👍

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The three you mention would not have come cheap! Apart from promotion for Hearts, my earnest wish for this season is that Dundee slump out of the playoff places and their mouthy arsehole of an owner pulls the plug on them!

10 hours ago, wavydavy said:

That’s that old time Hearts pessimism kicking in again Davy! 😂🙈

59 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

That’s that old time Hearts pessimism kicking in again Davy! 😂🙈

I know it comes from oh so many years of watching Hearts do things the hard way.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

The three you mention would not have come cheap! Apart from promotion for Hearts, my earnest wish for this season is that Dundee slump out of the playoff places and their mouthy arsehole of an owner pulls the plug on them!

I like the sound of that 👍🏽

August Landmesser
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Smith and Boyce confirmed in the N.Ireland squad.

Miss games v Brora and Queen of the South. 

There's surely a joke in there somewhere about Norn Iron, Rangers and the Queen but I can't be arsed going searching for it!

19 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Smith and Boyce confirmed in the N.Ireland squad.

Miss games v Brora and Queen of the South. 

Henderson get his chance to partner the big man up front?  Not convinced about him but not given up. 

22 minutes ago, Sid said:

Henderson get his chance to partner the big man up front?  Not convinced about him but not given up. 

Be interesting to see the team

Stewart in goals, that's easy.

White at RB. He did very well against Partick there. Just a friendly, but he looked comfy and really fit too.

Up top. The guess would maybe be 433 type formation with Gnando the CF, maybe Hendo or Kas and GMS either side.

Maybe prefer we keep current shape and play Hendo in place of boycie tho. He also looked sharp in the friendly. Very good off the ball.

Malinga the Swinga

We should request postponement of games due to international call ups. Why play with weakened team, regardless of opposition. 

Hagar the Horrible
35 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We should request postponement of games due to international call ups. Why play with weakened team, regardless of opposition. 

Apart from smith not sure its all that weak. CG deserves a shot at the Euros and against half these teams we could play without a keeper. But we need to keep placing and chalking up the points. The league is over. Its down to by how big a margin.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

So Naismith will be fit again, & I don't think Nando is being called up by the Ivory Coast anytime soon. Along with Walker...think we'll mange.

We’ll be fine. Kasteneer while playing winger constantly drifts inside so surely he could play second striker if we were really struggling. 

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’ll be fine. Kasteneer while playing winger constantly drifts inside so surely he could play second striker if we were really struggling. 

I think he prefers to be there rather than out wide by the way he plays. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)