• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

And we play high intensity music at training to get them in the mood...for what, knocking it backwards, sideways and jogging about not looking for a return pass?

And if they do they always go backwards to receive the ball...nobody passes and runs into space going forwards.

Just now, baron of ness said:

No, just pissed off with the reaction from the so could Hearts fan's. 

We deserve better mate, hey you know what i hope Neilson proves us all wrong, but judging on that performance he ain't going to do it. 

He's making excuses every time the team draws or we don't win. 

He needs to hold his hands up and say i got it wrong, Naismith should've started tonight. 

Dagger Is Back
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

<puts date in calendar>

I want him to be successful but I can’t see it happening.

Players are playing well below their capabilities

We haven’t scored a goal in the first 30 minutes in 2021

RN has had 2 windows but saddled us with Frear, Robert’s, leaves Boyce isolated up top, in reality has two strikers, blames the wind, pitch and referees for poor performances etc

He may very well get us out of this league but it won’t go much further

A 1-1 scraped draw against QOS is crap. Too accept such a result is not a winners mentality 

1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

RN has had 2 windows but saddled us with Frear, Robert’s, leaves Boyce isolated up top, in reality has two strikers, blames the wind, pitch and referees for poor performances etc

A 1-1 scraped draw against QOS is crap. Too accept such a result is not a winners mentality 

Same here.

Safety first football until we sign Neymar & Messi : the Neilson way. 

Another "meh" appointment. 

Hopefully "The Benefactor" has his cheque book ready for the summer clear out. 

Fxxx the SPFL
18 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Anyone who doesn’t agree with Budge out is a happy clapper. There is a fundamental attitude problem that has been spreading throughout the club for years and years. Undeniable fact. There is a greater acceptance of failure and mediocrity. Why? Ann Budge. There’s no accountability. Why? Ann Budge. 

She is the main reason as to why we are in this division and has once again appointed one of her mates, this time Neilson. But but but she saved the club, I respect what she did then but bar a couple of moments, there has not been a lot to cheer about at Hearts during her tenure. The stats don’t lie - awful on the pitch which should be the priority for a football but football doesn’t feel like the priority at the club. 

There has been so many own goals scored by her and her team, the bbc documentary a recent one - can see why we are a shambles when it’s jobs for the girls in the offices. No professionalism at the club, as shown by the terrible PR officer for example. 

Her branding Hearts fans as not genuine for questioning Levein, her massively delayed review of the footballing department, giving her brothers company the opportunity to build the new stand, giving her nephew a job running the bar who always slags off Hearts on Twitter, the stand was miles over-budget, late and quite frankly pretty average. She is very quick to place blame on her own fans but refuses to criticise the Old Firm for example. The list goes on and on but people still don’t get it. Wake up please. 

The board: full of lawyers and accountants, necessary yes but there needs to be a greater presence of football minded individuals. 

FOH board: weak and soft - their silence during the Levein protests was staggering. Communication piss poor and I am worried if those clowns are in charge when the takeover officially happens. 

Neilson: divided the support when he arrived, lack of youth player involvement, poor recruitment, no obvious style of play or tactics, limping us to the title in an absolutely piss poor Championship. 

The players: have got to take a huge chunk of blame for their displays over the last couple of years, complete and utter loser mentality created by Levein and continued by Neilson. Another rebuild in the summer needed? Swear we have been saying that for about 5 seasons now, probably longer. 

Andrew McKinlay our new CEO? Hard to judge but he appointed Joe Savage so seems like he is doing a good enough job, i do wonder if he is under Budge’s thumb though. I pray that he and Savage are putting Neilson under severe pressure. 

Can fans please stop accepting mediocrity and the loser mentality that has plagued our club for a number of years now and act to make changes, changes that are beyond Robbie Neilson’s removal. Anyone who doesn’t want change at the top is simply blind.  

not disagreeing with some pf you points but what i will say if and when AB leaves so does James Anderson and he has pumped big bucks into our club and yes along with us the supporters. After she leaves we can only rely on ST money and FoH donations, TV, Sponsor money etc and at the moment the FoH money can only be used for anything other than players wages, transfers etc. So unless we have some brilliant players coming through from the Youth academy we could be stuck in mid table mediocrity imo. 

baron of ness
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We deserve better mate, hey you know what i hope Neilson proves us all wrong, but judging on that performance he ain't going to do it. 

He's making excuses every time the team draws or we don't win. 

He needs to hold his hands up and say i got it wrong, Naismith should've started tonight. 

Agreed totally.

I got into trouble in the Wheatfield for having a go at him in his first time as Hearts manager. 

Dagger Is Back
10 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

not disagreeing with some pf you points but what i will say if and when AB leaves so does James Anderson and he has pumped big bucks into our club and yes along with us the supporters. After she leaves we can only rely on ST money and FoH donations, TV, Sponsor money etc and at the moment the FoH money can only be used for anything other than players wages, transfers etc. So unless we have some brilliant players coming through from the Youth academy we could be stuck in mid table mediocrity imo. 

Only being able to rely on those things is exactly what we need IMHO.

We’ve failed spectacularly to make good use of additional funding and we should be cutting our cloth accordingly.

We’ve under delivered.

If I was JA I’d be wondering what the hell I’ve seen for my ‘investment’

Edited by Dagger Is Back

Dagger Is Back
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

We haven't had a winners mentality since we beat Falkirk 3-0 to pretty much wrap up the league. We coasted through the remaining games, bar 10 minutes v Rangers, and then had a good, fortuitous run at the start of the next season, before becoming very mediocre, very quickly. It's been like that ever since. It's coming up on six years since that game.

Yip the rot has been there for quite some time. 

Really pains me to say it as RN seems a decent fella but it’s just not good enough.

STs will no doubt be going on sale in the next 2/3 months.

Someone needs to start joining the dots and quickly

Edited by Dagger Is Back

4 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

Agreed totally.

I got into trouble in the Wheatfield for having a go at him in his first time as Hearts manager. 

Did you have one of those spitballs on your bottom lip? Or a bit of dribble down your chin?

I try to give Neilson the benefit of the doubt. Particularly in his post match interviews and even his behaviour on the sidelines/with the officials. I'd like to think he is protecting the players and attempting to create a siege mentality.

That's becoming increasingly difficult with the football that is being served up though. We should be more comfortable in games. That's not out of a sense of entitlement, but based on the players we have within our squad and our budget in comparison to the rest of the league.

We as supporters shouldn't be fed excuses every week about external factors as to why we've not played well. As others have said, I hope he can deliver the football we all crave. It's just looking less likely as the season continues. 

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

why can so many clubs punch at or above their weight while we seem to have been consistently punching below ours?

The club, in a nutshell. 

1 minute ago, bajthejambo said:

I try to give Neilson the benefit of the doubt.  

I genuinely feel the same. I was underwhelmed when he was reappointed but he's here , I hope he succeeds.

In his first spell I thought he was hamstrung by the dire recruitment that seems to still plague the club. 

But then we get the "he had us 2nd in the table when he left" chat. At the same time McInnes gets slaughtered for his "achievements" at Aberdeen because Hibs & Rangers weren't in the league at the time. 

2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I genuinely feel the same. I was underwhelmed when he was reappointed but he's here , I hope he succeeds.

In his first spell I thought he was hamstrung by the dire recruitment that seems to still plague the club. 

But then we get the "he had us 2nd in the table when he left" chat. At the same time McInnes gets slaughtered for his "achievements" at Aberdeen because Hibs & Rangers weren't in the league at the time. 

My thoughts too. He was the obvious and safe appointment as far as the club were concerned.

He's a Hearts man, but that only entitles him to so much leeway. 

These months are challenging at the best of times, but we need to see progress in the way play and his methods going forward. 

23 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Better than we are just now in the championship then??? 

I agree we may lose the benefactors when budge goes but it's not exactly done us any good over the last 5 seasons. I'd prefer someone in who knows what they're doing.

2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Better than we are just now in the championship then??? 

I agree we may lose the benefactors when budge goes but it's not exactly done us any good over the last 5 seasons. I'd prefer someone in who knows what they're doing.

Even with James Anderson away, we would still have the 3rd biggest turnover and budget in the league. 4th at worst! 

I'm just fed up with the amount of passengers we have in the team, I don't know if it's the system he asking the players to play or the tactics but they come out and do as little as they can, I turned the telly on at kickoff and fifteen minutes in I saw Haliday for the first time., this is happening quite often now, players not giving enough to the team, that's the managers fault, so he can do one as far as I'm concerned.

This is My Story Podcast

37 matches since the last time we started back to back starting 11’s. Always worry about the oppositions strengths and never seem to try play to our own strengths. Last time round Robbie was innovative and demanding. Triple sessions, hiring oppositions parks to train on, relentless and fit. Now he makes excuses week on week, and pathetic ones at that. In his whole Hearts tenure we’ve only ever fielded back to back starting 11’s twice in the league. He appears to be too wary of this league and too easily out managed. Every team we play against will play 451 and pack the midfield. Why are we still so shocked by this. Every team treats us like a cup final, we are we still so shocked by that. 4231 every week, no width and no tempo. No goals within the first 30 minutes in any game in 2021. Take Boyce out the side and we are in serious trouble. 

Robbie was brought back cause Budge couldn’t handle Stendel wanting to shake the place up. He binned Berra, chucked Whelan, stopped the senior players missing training, made injured players be at the club on match days, stopped the training from home. He slaughtered the coaches and football department. He wasn’t impressed with the scouting and or recruitment process. He wanted it all changed, he wanted it all brought up to a better standard. Not saying Stendel done a great job, just highlighting what someone outside the “bubble” thought when exposed to the mess. Robbie won’t rock the boat. He’s safe. He’s friends with budge. He’s worked under her before. Robbie is a great guy and I want him to succeed. Why wouldn’t we want him to Succeed. He’s a hearts man, cup winner, likeable guy. He seems as if hasn’t learned a thing in his time away from Hearts. Lawerence Shankland was the difference of 18 points last season for United. His goals saved Robbie 18 points. United fans were happy to see him go. All of them have pretty much the same gripe as us. Dreadful football, mediocre away from home and side to side turgid game plan. 

So how do we judge the season. He’ll win the league and we will do so by a few points. Is that enough? It’ll be enough for the board as another season in that league would be crippling for us. In that sense he’s achieving his goals. Our playing budget is near £9million a year, I think that should entitled us to see some better football than what we see. This season should’ve been about building for next season. As it stands now, we need at least 4 players at least in in The summer to improve the squad. I really hope Savage is applying pressure to Robbie. We can’t keep wasting money every transfer window on punts and hopeful signings. 98 signings we have made since Budge took over. We average 6 players a transfer window. Rossi, Sow and Lafferty I believe are the only notable transfer fee’s we’ve received from players brought in. The other notable transfer fee’s we’ve received have all been from academy players, Patterson, Hickey etc. 

11 games left, 13 point advantage with Raith having 2 games in hand. We will get over the line by a mix of us winning enough games and the fact that the other teams will all take points off each other. It’s not going to be pretty but it’s going to get us up. 

3 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I'm just fed up with the amount of passengers we have in the team, I don't know if it's the system he asking the players to play or the tactics but they come out and do as little as they can, I turned the telly on at kickoff and fifteen minutes in I saw Haliday for the first time., this is happening quite often now, players not giving enough to the team, that's the managers fault, so he can do one as far as I'm concerned.

It's happened for the last 5 seasons with different groups of players so for me, it's not the players. 

This is My Story Podcast
26 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It's happened for the last 5 seasons with different groups of players so for me, it's not the players. 

Yeah. It’s not the players. Something fundamentally wrong within the club. Me personally, I think it’s a lack of pressure across the board. I hope that’s something Savage is looking at. This season it’ll be win the league, no matter how we perform. Something I don’t agree with given our resources. We should be able to win the league and be entertaining. Next season the target will be finish top 6 and we will hear “remember we where a championship side last year”. I hope Savage changes this mentality and sets some harder targets. 

10 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Yeah. It’s not the players. Something fundamentally wrong within the club. Me personally, I think it’s a lack of pressure across the board. I hope that’s something Savage is looking at. This season it’ll be win the league, no matter how we perform. Something I don’t agree with given our resources. We should be able to win the league and be entertaining. Next season the target will be finish top 6 and we will hear “remember we where a championship side last year”. I hope Savage changes this mentality and sets some harder targets. 

I'm glad someone else sees things this way. We have by far the most talented squad in this division so there is no reason for us not to be an entertaining side to watch this season. And to be fair we have been at times. But the last three matches have been chronic from an entertainment standpoint. That needs to change.

Away form has always been an issue for Neilson. 

And signing players.

And organising our defence.

And performances in general.

He's doing about as well as expected I guess.

This is My Story Podcast
7 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'm glad someone else sees things this way. We have by far the most talented squad in this division so there is no reason for us not to be an entertaining side to watch this season. And to be fair we have been at times. But the last three matches have been chronic from an entertainment standpoint. That needs to change.

We’ve been great in flashes but nowhere near enough given the opposition in this league. We haven’t seen a complete 90 minutes from this side either. We need to stop bigging up these teams and have a bit more swagger. Andy Halliday every week on open goal telling us how amazing Raith were or Dunfermline or how good Ayr are etx. They aren’t and even if they were, we should have more than enough to combat that. 

Byyy The Light
36 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Good point that.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, Gards said:

We need more phoodieball imho....or is it Nucky who normally says that?

It doesn't matter who says what, Gards, it's what the PHM are thinking that counts.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Standing in a boozer in Dumfries means I wouldn’t need read this shit.

So **** COVID.

#prayforAndhe'snotpraying

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

And signing players.

:spoton:

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

As someone alluded to on another thread, perhaps a wee budget cap would concentrate the minds of a few folk in making decisions about the football side of the club. How many clubs with lesser budgets (and what would continue to be lesser budgets given the FoH money being pumped in even if JA was to give up) have finished above us in the league since 2015/16? The question needs to be asked: why can so many clubs punch at or above their weight while we seem to have been consistently punching below ours?

Wait, we're doing shite and you think cutting the budget will help improve things? How about using our budget better, not think that's a better option?

Who would people rather we get in as manager? Who could we afford and who would take us up a level that is within our price range? The only one i can think of is Martindale but he has only been consistent this season, Even though we have been inconsistent this year i feel that the structure of the club is better than before with Jeffries on the board and both Mckinley as Ceo and Savage as SD, I still think we should give it a bit more time before starting the neilson out crap again, as long as he gets us up, He should get at least next season, However there does have to be massive improvement next season.

3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Who would people rather we get in as manager? Who could we afford and who would take us up a level that is within our price range? The only one i can think of is Martindale but he has only been consistent this season, Even though we have been inconsistent this year i feel that the structure of the club is better than before with Jeffries on the board and both Mckinley as Ceo and Savage as SD, I still think we should give it a bit more time before starting the neilson out crap again, as long as he gets us up, He should get at least next season, However there does have to be massive improvement next season.

We had the chance last season to look at what was out there. Guys who weren’t managing at the time like Nathan Jones or Michael Appleton who are doing great jobs with the clubs they’re at now.

Given the chance I’d love to see what someone like Michael Flynn from Newport or John Coleman at Accrington could do with a club who have a budget like we do.

All would have been more imaginative appointments.

With the squad and budget we have getting out of this leagues should be a given. The fact that in 6 league games away from home and the tinpot cup game at Alloa we have been either piss poor or at best less than mediocre is a concern. One or two performances like that, you could say it was a bad day at the office but to be putting them in almost at every away game in a league so weak is a serious issue and is down to the managers tactics and how he sets the team out. 

6 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

37 matches since the last time we started back to back starting 11’s. Always worry about the oppositions strengths and never seem to try play to our own strengths. Last time round Robbie was innovative and demanding. Triple sessions, hiring oppositions parks to train on, relentless and fit. Now he makes excuses week on week, and pathetic ones at that. In his whole Hearts tenure we’ve only ever fielded back to back starting 11’s twice in the league. He appears to be too wary of this league and too easily out managed. Every team we play against will play 451 and pack the midfield. Why are we still so shocked by this. Every team treats us like a cup final, we are we still so shocked by that. 4231 every week, no width and no tempo. No goals within the first 30 minutes in any game in 2021. Take Boyce out the side and we are in serious trouble. 

Robbie was brought back cause Budge couldn’t handle Stendel wanting to shake the place up. He binned Berra, chucked Whelan, stopped the senior players missing training, made injured players be at the club on match days, stopped the training from home. He slaughtered the coaches and football department. He wasn’t impressed with the scouting and or recruitment process. He wanted it all changed, he wanted it all brought up to a better standard. Not saying Stendel done a great job, just highlighting what someone outside the “bubble” thought when exposed to the mess. Robbie won’t rock the boat. He’s safe. He’s friends with budge. He’s worked under her before. Robbie is a great guy and I want him to succeed. Why wouldn’t we want him to Succeed. He’s a hearts man, cup winner, likeable guy. He seems as if hasn’t learned a thing in his time away from Hearts. Lawerence Shankland was the difference of 18 points last season for United. His goals saved Robbie 18 points. United fans were happy to see him go. All of them have pretty much the same gripe as us. Dreadful football, mediocre away from home and side to side turgid game plan. 

So how do we judge the season. He’ll win the league and we will do so by a few points. Is that enough? It’ll be enough for the board as another season in that league would be crippling for us. In that sense he’s achieving his goals. Our playing budget is near £9million a year, I think that should entitled us to see some better football than what we see. This season should’ve been about building for next season. As it stands now, we need at least 4 players at least in in The summer to improve the squad. I really hope Savage is applying pressure to Robbie. We can’t keep wasting money every transfer window on punts and hopeful signings. 98 signings we have made since Budge took over. We average 6 players a transfer window. Rossi, Sow and Lafferty I believe are the only notable transfer fee’s we’ve received from players brought in. The other notable transfer fee’s we’ve received have all been from academy players, Patterson, Hickey etc. 

11 games left, 13 point advantage with Raith having 2 games in hand. We will get over the line by a mix of us winning enough games and the fact that the other teams will all take points off each other. It’s not going to be pretty but it’s going to get us up. 

Good post

There are acceptable ways of not winning games. If we came away and the Queens goalkeeper had been man of the match, I could live with that. 

The fact that he had nothing to do says it all. Shocking performance.

Whether he is protecting the players or not, every time we don’t win a game, Neilson comes out with some kind of excuse-ref,weather,pitch. It makes you wonder how high his expectations are of the players? 

The very least he should have said last night was ‘That’s not an acceptable performance from a Hearts team.’  It paints a picture of mediocrity being acceptable. Of course he might be saying something different behind closed doors, but the way the players approach the game, suggests otherwise.

6 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

We had the chance last season to look at what was out there. Guys who weren’t managing at the time like Nathan Jones or Michael Appleton who are doing great jobs with the clubs they’re at now.

Given the chance I’d love to see what someone like Michael Flynn from Newport or John Coleman at Accrington could do with a club who have a budget like we do.

All would have been more imaginative appointments.

With the squad and budget we have getting out of this leagues should be a given. The fact that in 6 league games away from home and the tinpot cup game at Alloa we have been either piss poor or at best less than mediocre is a concern. One or two performances like that, you could say it was a bad day at the office but to be putting them in almost at every away game in a league so weak is a serious issue and is down to the managers tactics and how he sets the team out. 

I agree that we have already dropped too many points in this league for my liking and some of the performances have been very poor, However interestingly we played very well against our two premier league opponents in the cup, Might have even won the cup on another day,

I'm not sure what this says about our mindset as a team? Are we too arrogant agains't the supposed smaller teams? Although maybe it's just a case of the teams in the championship raising their game against us as we are a big scalp to them in this league.

We will find out very shortly if Robbie has what it takes or not, I believe he will still get us up, I would imagine he will only get next season and it will be his last if he doesnt have us in the top 4 in the top flight or very close to it.

I for one am hoping that it works out and we get success under robbie but in all honesty it's a 50/50 imo.

7 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Is that true though? Ann is not young and should have an idea of what happens when she retires. If Anderson’s involvement relies on Ann being here then we should know this for sure, no?

And if that is the case then we are at the mercy of someone with zero official attachment to the club. 

Governor Tarkin

That Palmerston is a tricky place for our international players to go on a winter's evening. Too cold with a plastic pitch and opposition players that are well organised and try really hard. We'll be better when spring arrives imo.

Gordon Ramsay

He's becoming Leveinesque with the excuses. 

We will limp to the league title and Robbie will get shown up for what he is next season. It's going to be painful. 

The Grim Reaper

He isn’t getting the best out of the players. Really don’t want him to have another transfer window. We will be in the Premiership or whatever it’s called but still subjected to the same shit football with yet another overhaul required. 

Let Savage appoint the manager he wants and let them work together. Build a team that sets out to win and entertain. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

And therein lies the problem. There won’t be massive improvement next season. So yet another year is lost. Budge has pissed away half a decade and half a decade of FOH funding. It won’t get better while she’s in anyway involved.

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Totally agree. In fact is that meek acceptance by too many for too long that sees us in this expensive ££££ place right now.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

We’ll go straight back down with him in charge. 

Then we start all over again.

What a thought.

6 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

We’ll go straight back down with him in charge. 

I wonder if Budge is seeing any similarities here, after all she appointed Neilson and Levein. Is she sitting there watching the games and thinking I've seen this garbage before. The same slow, ponderous, turgid crap that Levein served up.

Is she thinking, nothing has changed football wise since she had no choice but to sack Levein. Or is she thinking Neilson he is doing a fantastic job?

The thought of having to watch this rubbish next season is depressing.

I wonder if Budge will allow me to take a payment holiday on my season ticket for next season, or at least until Neilson is away?

The idea of paying £500 to watch his cr@p is giving me the dry boak this morning.  

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 hours ago, jonesy said:

We haven't had a winners mentality since we beat Falkirk 3-0 to pretty much wrap up the league. We coasted through the remaining games, bar 10 minutes v Rangers, and then had a good, fortuitous run at the start of the next season, before becoming very mediocre, very quickly. It's been like that ever since. It's coming up on six years since that game.

correct - the performances after winning the title were deplorable the “dead rubber” so described by the experts on here against hibs being by far the worst - absolutely gutless

that season was fantastic not because we played great football every week which we didn’t nor that we rolled teams over effortlessly which we didn’t but because we appeared to recognise the importance of getting out the championship at the first attempt and fought tooth and nail to do it

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

And signing players.

performing to expectations right down to the arrogant rubbish he comes out with about styles of play etc 

no-one should be surprised

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )