Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, credit card said:

Fair point but whether its 2 weeks or 2 years left of their contracts it was teams like Dundee that led to those players' families' Xmas budgets being half of what they should have been. If they are not man enough to step up to the plate in anger without needing to be 'told" by anyone then they shouldn't have been playing. Instead they try to impress on Instagram with fluffy frothy overpriced coffees. The quicker we rid ourselves of wimps the better.

I agree with your sentiment.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

let the grown ups discuss football 

Well stop interrupting then.😄👍

Edited by Gambo

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You want people to shut the feck up because they don’t agree with your opinion.

I suggest a football forum isn’t really for you in that case.

As you say it's a forum.

Folk can blame the " happy clappers" and me for Hearts misfortunes.  like wise I can have an opinion that the serial slavers and greeters should sit down and give themselves a day , week or month off.

See how that works?

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can't say.

Hard to improve tho when you lose a lot of players, take over a side demoted and under covid restrictions. I'm happy the side will win the league.

To balcne out the defeats v Dundee/ Dunfermline, We beat hibs and drew with Celtic so unsure of your reasoning that we are a shambles v better sides, we've  also hammered Dundee.

Promotion this season is all that matters, fans need to realise this.

The amount of players out of contract and not renewed tells you everything about what our summer is going to be like. I think a few might get renewed but there will be a lot leaving.

Youngsters should only play if good enough, only Irving come to close that for me tbh atm.

Again, you almost sound like you wish we weren't top so it would  add weight  to the sack Robbie argument. Yours stance in mind boggling, it means you cannot take any joy at all from Hearts, even when we win.

You wouldn't have thought we recently skelped Dundee though. 

We ran onto that pitch and proceeded to look terrified of them for forty five minutes. 

Why that was I am still trying to figure out. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

As you say it's a forum.

Folk can blame the " happy clappers" and me for Hearts misfortunes.  like wise I can have an opinion that the serial slavers and greeters should sit down and give themselves a day , week or month off.

See how that works?

You are quite entitled to your opinion and I respect that but you also must realise people have their views and as much as you don’t like them that’s what forums are about.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can't say.

Hard to improve tho when you lose a lot of players, take over a side demoted and under covid restrictions. I'm happy the side will win the league.

To balcne out the defeats v Dundee/ Dunfermline, We beat hibs and drew with Celtic so unsure of your reasoning that we are a shambles v better sides, we've  also hammered Dundee.

The amount of players out of contract and not renewed tells you everything about what our summer is going to be like. I think a few might get renewed but there will be a lot leaving.

Youngsters should only play if good enough, only Irving come to close that for me tbh atm.

Again, you almost sound like you wish we weren't top so it would  add weight  to the sack Robbie argument. Yours stance in mind boggling, it means you cannot take any joy at all from Hearts, even when we win.

Promotion matters, but that should be a given. Being ready to compete next season in the top league is what matters.

Unfortunately I worry about us competing away from home in the cup next week never mind the SPL next season.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can't say.

You either see improvement in the side from last season or the season before or you don't?  It's not hard to say.  Do you think we are playing better?

To balance out beating hibs and losing to celtic we hammered hibs away and beat rangers twice. 

So promotion and that's it?  No building for the future?  No working on the team in this shite league to work on plans for next season and give something to build on?    Maybe that's why you like Neilson so much and didn't like Stendel, you could see with him avoiding relegation and being negative wasn't the only thing he was trying, he was trying to shape and build for the future whilst taking over the team with the worst form in the league.  Very brave and probably why he's admired instead of Robbie who doesn't look like he's building for shite with the only goal of being the James Keattings of Scottish management.  

Youngsters are the future.  Experience should also only play if good enough, can you say that about Walker and Berra?  No but safe and steady Robbie picks the obvious one's regardless of how out of form or finished they are.

Edited by Last Laff

5 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

How was Stendel to know that two Scottish International defenders were going to ship a goal or two a game. 

We could have used this season to bring in more Stendel style players and got the team playing some quality football. 

Instead we've gone for dire defensive football with no signs of any excitement on the horizon.. That's on Budge for bringing Neilson in and on Robbie for only having one boring way of playing..

Christ he brought in Donis the winger who would be behind Frear and Robert's.

Don't think we would have attracted  many quality players being in the Championship and in a pandemic.

Give Robbie a couple of windows to bring in the players he wants then judge him.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I totally respect your right to an opinion but describing people as being less than grown up is just spoiling for a fight. I see the grief you take at times and it’s out of order but your support the manager at all costs mantra isn’t the only opinion allowed.  

Ofc it's not and guys like you are balanced and reasonable in their opinion.

If folk start blaming me or the happy clappers for Hearts plight then they will get some verbal's back. As is life.

Anyway, it's been a fun filled afternoon, I was meant to be doing work on a project :vrface:.

Robbie is our manager, he will win the league.

Posters can either choose to embrace that,  what that entails and  enjoy the season as best they can and look forward to the next, or be in a constant rage which for many seems to be  3 years and counting.

I'm gonna  chose to smile.

See the source image

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

As you say it's a forum.

See how that works?

One thing stands out in all this, everyone of us is sick of the yoyo form, causes all sorts of terrors for us fans. Has been awful watching us play for years now, sure we have had our moments of joy but it has been shite most of the time. Putting money in to keep our club on it's feet, then other people **** it up. None of us has a say in anything , we cheer and moan due to the fault of others. All we want and deserve a top class football side, the only thing that will end the inner squabbling.

Success

HHGH

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Stendel is gone, lets move on. 

His stats at Hearts are a matter of record.

Neilson was gone, we all moved on...

The problem is, now he's back..

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Promotion matters, but that should be a given. Being ready to compete next season in the top league is what matters.

Unfortunately I worry about us competing away from home in the cup next week never mind the SPL next season.

Fair worries tbh I have the concerns, but I've had them for 30 years so nothing has changed for me!

I just can't see us attracting the calibre of player we would like for the next 2/3 years right now, not in any meaningful numbers anyway.

If we can get 4/5 good players signed up now  or on pre contracts with top flight football in mind -then great.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

One thing stands out in all this, everyone of us is sick of the yoyo form, causes all sorts of terrors for us fans. Has been awful watching us play for years now, sure we have had our moments of joy but it has been shite most of the time. Putting money in to keep our club on it's feet, then other people **** it up. None of us has a say in anything , we cheer and moan due to the fault of others. All we want and deserve a top class football side, the only thing that will end the inner squabbling.

Success

HHGH

I agree with the sentiment, but 8 wins from 10 games is not yo/ yo form imo.

Also we can't blame Robbie for cathro, cl and to a lesser extent stendel failures.

13 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Well stop interrupting then.😄👍

Unfortunately what he knows about football wouldn't fill the back of a postage stamp.

Hence the continual obfuscation & straw men being rolled out.

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Also we can't blame Robbie for cathro, cl and to a lesser extent stendel failures.

I mean through the last number of years, i am happy enough with things considering. I have not said anything against Robbie, yet.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

39 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Aye, wait until the entire Hearts fan base was united at last then run a coach & horses through the "Only Hearts" mantra. I'm sure St Mirren think that the joke was on them. 

AB had no alternative but to take the case to court, if she didn't the end was nigh. 

Perma-Apologists like yourself are also what's wrong with this club. You'll accept any old shite as long as you can get your rocks off building straw man arguments all day. 

This 100%

The cosying up to St Mirren should have seen them hounded out the door. Hearts hierarchy is so detached from the Hearts support.

The "Only Hearts" battlecry was only used as an appeasement by Budge, Neilson couldn't give a t@ss over it. It served it purpose to take the heat out of a bad situation created by Budge. Some bought into it. others could see the wool being pulled over their eyes.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Have you seen improvement in the team from last season?  A simple yes or no. 

Rocky jamboa

Robbie was a lazy appointment. As were levein and cathro. 

Cathro was appointed because levein knew him at United. Anyone speaking to cathro for 5 minutes could tell he wasn't management material. 

Levein was the "right man under our noses" when we had all those other apparent high profile applications. Aye right. 

And neilson brought in because Ann knows him, is the only reason I can see for bringing him back. He had a good season getting us out the championship first time bit after that, it was clear he wasn't the guy to take us forward. Most fans could see that. Boring, slow football. Passing across the back for the sake of it. He doesn't seem the type of guy to give an inspiring pre match or half time team talk, which seems to be reflected in the way the team is playing. 

I would stick with him to get us out the championship but then we should be aiming higher beyond that.

Just now, Last Laff said:

He'll be right back  - with a question to your question.😆

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

He'll be right back  - with a question to your question.😆

Completely avoiding it and posting something to backtrack. 

"it doesn't matter if there's been no improvement, or we aren't looking remotely anything like building a team ready to be decent in the Prem next season, we are top of the Fizzys and being emptied out of one of the only two national trophies we will ever realistically win by part timers doesn't matter because we never win it anyway"  "In Robbie we trust (for undefined reasons)" 

5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Cathro was appointed because levein knew him at United. Anyone speaking to cathro for 5 minutes could tell he wasn't management material. 

Levein was the "right man under our noses" when we had all those other apparent high profile applications. Aye right. 

And neilson brought in because Ann knows him, is the only reason I can see for bringing him back. He had a good season getting us out the championship first time bit after that, it was clear he wasn't the guy to take us forward. Most fans could see that. Boring, slow football. Passing across the back for the sake of it. He doesn't seem the type of guy to give an inspiring pre match or half time team talk, which seems to be reflected in the way the team is playing. 

I would stick with him to get us out the championship but then we should be aiming higher beyond that.

Cathro was a 'lazy' appointment 😂🤣😅😆😂🤣😅😆😂🤣😅😆😂🤣😅

Dearie me....a new low on JKB!!!!!

It was many many things, lazy I do not think has ever been uttered until now as a description!!!!!

Couldn't make that up!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

It was many many things, lazy I do not think has ever been uttered until now as a description!!!!!

The post you replied to didn't say he was a lazy appointment though.   He got the job because his pal picked the manager.   Another of Leveins famous gambles. 

There is no way RN thinks this is a good team, it's what he does in the next few months that's important. The new SD needs to be way more successful in the recruitment department than has gone before, we need pace, real pace as part of the rebuilding. I believe this lot will get us to the premier but that's it, and I hope and believe RN knows this and indeed is already planning, if not he won't last....#wearestilltop

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yes, Ofc we have won 8 games in 10.

We won 4 in 30 last season. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, ducatiboy said:

There is no way RN thinks this is a good team, it's what he does in the next few months that's important. The new SD needs to be way more successful in the recruitment department than has gone before, we need pace, real pace as part of the rebuilding. I believe this lot will get us to the premier but that's it, and I hope and believe RN knows this and indeed is already planning, if not he won't last....#wearestilltop

He must be planning, 

Of the top of my head from the first team squad 

Smith

Kingsley 

Haring 

Berra

Wighton

lee

Irving 

Bobby 

White 

Brandon 

All out of contract, none have extended, tells it's own story. 

Against much better sides last season.

So you see an improvement in this team?  Fair enough.  Basing it on beating shite in this league and not performances though doesn't help your argument.  I see nothing at all to look and think we are a better side now than in February last year.  Especially away from home.  It's more or less the same shite apart from the odd battering St Mirren or Hibs style against lesser teams. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Are you forgetting we are in the Championship and that the standard is shit. Way worse than the Premiership. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Are you forgetting we are in the Championship and that the standard is shit. Way worse than the Premiership. 

I mentioned that in my original post that it was hard to compare, he ignored that and kept asking the question.....

4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Yes, yes he is. 

20 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Completely avoiding it and posting something to backtrack. 

"it doesn't matter if there's been no improvement, or we aren't looking remotely anything like building a team ready to be decent in the Prem next season, we are top of the Fizzys and being emptied out of one of the only two national trophies we will ever realistically win by part timers doesn't matter because we never win it anyway"  "In Robbie we trust (for undefined reasons)" 

😄👍

AC Mallin_51
6 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

To be fair we’ve played 2 top 6 premiership sides this season, neither of which could beat us over 120 minutes 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I mentioned that in my original post that it was hard to compare, he ignored that and kept asking the question.....

It's not hard to compare.  You either see improvement in the team from last year in the way we are performing or you don't.   I personally don't see us improved as a team in any way shape or form.  The only improvement, the only single one is Craig Gordon and lets not pretend he wouldn't be back regardless of the manager. 

Then I'll ask, are we not entitled to see major improvement given the budget, the donations and the season cards sold?   Not just being top this league.   It's like saying if we are sitting 10th next year watching the same guff that at least it's improvement from this season.

Neilson as manager hasn't improved us.  It's basically that straight forward. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Against much better sides last season.

So you see an improvement in this team?  Fair enough.  Basing it on beating shite in this league and not performances though doesn't help your argument.  I see nothing at all to look and think we are a better side now than in February last year.  Especially away from home.  It's more or less the same shite apart from the odd battering St Mirren or Hibs style against lesser teams. 

I originally said it was hard to compare because of that....

Yet you kept asking the question.

We can't beat top flight teams this season ( apart from cup games).

You're  all over the place as per, ask a question, get a an answer, keep pushing I answered again then you come out with that shite.

Robbie taken over the team in the championship after CL , McPhee, Stendal and the vote demoted us.

We've won 8/10 in the league, alloa knock us out the lc and we beat hibs and got beat of celtic in the sc.

You think what you want, I'll say we'll win the league.

V's last season is irrelevant and you can't compare as we are in a different division. 

None of our opinions, matter Robbie is our  manager and while he is I'll get behind him.

You do whatever you need to do.

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

To be fair we’ve played 2 top 6 premiership sides this season, neither of which could beat us over 120 minutes 

We done similar last season when we pumped Hibs away and Rangers at home, twice. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Against vastly inferior opponents. There is a massive step up in quality in the Premier league compared to who we are playing just now. 
We would be in the bottom 2 or 3 easily with our performances this season if we were in the premier league. 

I originally said it was hard to compare because of that....

Yet you kept asking the question.

We can't beat top flight teams this season ( apart from cup games).

Your all over the place as per, ask a question, get a an answer, keep pushing I answered again then you come out with that shite.

Robbie taken over the team in the championship after CL , McPhee, Stendal and the vote demoted us.

We've won 8/10 in the league, alloa knock us out the lc and we beat hibs and got beat of celtic in the sc.

You think what you want, I'll say we'll win the league.

V's last season is irrelevant and you can't compare as we are in a different division. 

None of our opinions, matter Robbie is our  manager and while he is I'll get behind him.

You do whatever yo need to do.

You have STILL failed to answer the question. 

Have you seen improvement in the side this season from last?  I'm talking overall performance wise?  Anything to say "yes we are well better than the shite we watched last season" 

It's a simple yes or no. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yes, yes he is. 

Just now, Billy Hoyle said:

Against vastly inferior opponents. There is a massive step up in quality in the Premier league compared to who we are playing just now. 
We would be in the bottom 2 or 3 easily with our performances this season if we were in the premier league. 

ffs i said that originally, then said poster kept on asking the question.

Of you can't compare

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Do you seriously, genuinely see much improvement from last season or the season before?  Even if top of the fizzy league?

I see nothing to show we have improved at all.  Nothing.   And it's sadly predictable both that and people going "aye but we are top of the league"  Nelson would be sacked by now if we where anything but.  it's no badge of honour.

We should also be using this time to build a team to go back up and playing our youngsters.  Instead this all that matters is promotion isn't really going to help next season if, like last night, we are still a shambles against much better sides. 

52 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can't say.

To balance out the defeats v Dundee/ Dunfermline, We beat hibs and drew with Celtic so unsure of your reasoning that we are a shambles v better sides, we've  also hammered Dundee.

First sentence I answered your question, you chose to ignore it.

Rocky jamboa
24 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Sorry. Stupid me. Cathro was a brilliant appointment! 🙄

If Budge had spent anytime speaking to Cathro, she would have known straight away he wasn't a manager. 

A club our size shouldn't be experimenting with guys like cathro and neilson. Get a proper manager in who knows what he's doing. 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You have STILL failed to answer the question. 

Have you seen improvement in the side this season from last?  I'm talking overall performance wise?  Anything to say "yes we are well better than the shite we watched last season" 

It's a simple yes or no. 

I’d say definitely better organised in that players know their jobs better.. but that doesn’t mean we are good.

Be lucky if I’d keep 5 or 6 players from our squad.. and 3 of them were not playing last night.

common misconception amongst hearts fans that we have good players !! We don’t - we have old slow immobile ones - expensive though! 

Edited by kingantti1874

41 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

This 100%

The cosying up to St Mirren should have seen them hounded out the door. Hearts hierarchy is so detached from the Hearts support.

The "Only Hearts" battlecry was only used as an appeasement by Budge, Neilson couldn't give a t@ss over it. It served it purpose to take the heat out of a bad situation created by Budge. Some bought into it. others could see the wool being pulled over their eyes.

Are you banned from Tynecastle?

38 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Do you wear trackys n trainers and bop about thinking you are pwoper ard?

7 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

That makes getting beat of Dundee and Dunfermline respectively in the manner we did even harder to take. So we can raise levels for certain games and can't for others. 

This young team banning order has created a lovely ned free environment.

The downside is they are all here still acting like bairns without WiFi.

Edited by Vlad Magic

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Sorry. Stupid me. Cathro was a brilliant appointment! 🙄

If Budge had spent anytime speaking to Cathro, she would have known straight away he wasn't a manager. 

A club our size shouldn't be experimenting with guys like cathro and neilson. Get a proper manager in who knows what he's doing. 

Cathro was shit but looked an interesting appointment at the time.

Neilson has a great record with us.

Was Neilson supposed to come in this season and wave a magic wand and we would hammer everyone in our paths.

He has inherited a shit team low on confidence and done what he could during LOCKDOWN.

Some people will always hate him because of Hibs winning the cup.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He must be planning, 

Of the top of my head from the first team squad 

Smith

Kingsley 

Haring 

Berra

Wighton

lee

Irving 

Bobby 

White 

Brandon 

All out of contract, none have extended, tells it's own story. 

Doyle and Frear too, Brandon has another year after this. Neilson said he wants Haring, Kingsley and Smith to sign new deals. Wighton needs to show he’s worth another deal apparently. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )