Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

97? It’s off not of. Have you just outed yourself as Michael Stewart?

The 4-3 final... 96?

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pretty much, even worse the last few seasons. We need to build a bit of momentum and feel good factor to keep fans contributing. 

We also need to look at the fact season tickets will be sold again in a few months.

30 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The FOH have very little power, or they appear to have none.

They have all the power they want. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The 4-3 final... 96?

Yeah, just had a lol when you said you couldn’t forget it 😜

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

We also need to look at the fact season tickets will be sold again in a few months.

Indeed, considering the problems from this year and the carrying over of 4 matches we need to be maximising the returns by making film desperate to get back, i’m not currently all that bothered tbh.,

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah, just had a lol when you said you couldn’t forget it 😜

I knew it was 96/ 97 season, for some reason i thought the final was feb 97. 

Getting auld....

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

The FOH have very little power, or they appear to have none.

Unlike SNAP.

1 hour ago, S Form said:

I’m more than happy to give Robbie the chance to take us up and build a side that has us in Europe. He did it before and he can do it again. That’s not to say last night was acceptable. However, right now we have too many wimps in the squad - Wighton, Walker, Lee etc - who you can’t rely on in a battle. It’s up to Robbie to address this. The stats say he’s our best manager of recent times so we should show faith in him. Those who pine for Stendel are deluding themselves - the performances he oversaw against St Johnstone, Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Motherwell at Tynie were some of the worst I have seen recently, and that’s saying something. At no time did he have us playing attractive football, even with the wins against Rangers and Hibs.

Chopping and changing the management team every time a couple of results go against us is nuts. 
As long as we’re heading in the right direction we should aim for consistency in our coaching staff. Of course, that might be a bit boring for some.

Fair reflection I feel.

Anyone who goes on about Stendal being the next messiah are deluded.

We beat hibs and rangers but lost to all the bottom teams around us.

He was the wrong appointment and that's that.

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That's not true otherwise they wouldn't bother ever transferring the 75% shareholding. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Do they though Dave.

It seems to me that the people who represent us are hen pecked, seem to be silent. What have we got to look forward to in the bigger picture, that will change it. ?

I do not see how we can have real power, maybe you can enlighten me on it all. Sure we will have fan ownership,we will have little say so though.

People stepped aside so that the FOH could gain momentum, the same people are in the back ground watching , waiting for it to unfurl.

Here's a thought if I was a Hearts player and I was playing any team that was responsible for the vote that led to my 50% pay cut I would have fully recharged batteries ready to flatten. I would have ball out motivation to ensure I would be flying into tackles and running around like a madman going for a minimum 5-0 win every game.....instead we've got a team of wimps posting pics of their latest Starbucks. Says it all.

The majority of our games have been very poor. There is no discernable difference in our approach to games from the Levein regime. Great for 70 minutes against Dundee, Great when Naismith and Haring came on against Hibs, and excellent after half time in the Cup Final. The rest of the games has seen a ponderous boring build up with backwards and sideways passing.

The fact we conceded 3 goals at home to Ayr, and conceded 3 against Dundee is very poor. We lack drive, enthusiasm and organisation. I was happy to give Robbie a second chance, but our style is where he left off last time he was Manager. His complaing about the Referee against Alloa and Dundee as excuses is pathetic.

He is a negative Manager, as shown by us retreating after the first whistle against Dundee. What the hell was he scared of? the team we scored six against not that long ago!!

The fact we had Frear on Trial before we signed him, suggests he is as clueless as Levein when selecting transfer targets.

I mentioned previously our sloppy second half against bottom of the League arbroath would lose us momentum. We need a Winners mentality for 90 minutes, not piss about when 3-0 up.....

1 minute ago, credit card said:

Here's a thought if I was a Hearts player and I was playing any team that was responsible for the vote that led to my 50% pay cut I would have fully recharged batteries ready to flatten. I would have ball out motivation to ensure I would be flying into tackles and running around like a madman going for a minimum 5-0 win every game.....instead we've got a team of wimps posting pics of their latest Starbucks. Says it all.

The Board killed that particular train of thought by "playing nice" with St Mirren & Robbie pretending it was all about giving game time to a goalkeeper with zero future at this club. 

A lot of our current problems stem from this "don't want to upset anyone" attitude, despite the same people being willing to shaft us at the drop of a hat. 

47 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The problem I have is, I can't see who is going to apply the boot. 

Very good question.

This is a major problem at the club. Accountability.

Must be someone though as Stendel was emptied very quickly.

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Very good question.

The fact that there was a mutual release clause in Stendel's contract if we were demoted and then Ann was made aware of Robbie 's willingness to return conspired to end the Stendel period. 

4 hours ago, Djnoisy said:

Anyone who welcomed Robbie above Stendel, really doesn't know football. 

Hell of a statement there mate.

Surely you could see that we didn't have the players to play the way Stendal wanted to play.

He didn't and kept trying the same thing over and over again.

Yes a couple of good victories v rangers and beating the wee team were great but we were pish under him in general.

We were losing goals to long balls as the team were all trying to push to far up the park.

Wish him all the best but he should never have been appointed.

I believe Robbie will win this league and make us competitive in the premier again (maybe not the prettiest of football though)

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The Board killed that particular train of thought by "playing nice" with St Mirren & Robbie pretending it was all about giving game time to a goalkeeper with zero future at this club. 

A lot of our current problems stem from this "don't want to upset anyone" attitude, despite the same people being willing to shaft us at the drop of a hat. 

Aye, giving Bobby on loan was playing nice.... I think that joke was on them.

"don't want to upset anyone". Aye, dragging our case through the court never upset any clubs, chairman, fans,  the sfa, spfl  or the media......:vrface:

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, iainmac said:

The fact that there was a mutual release clause in Stendel's contract if we were demoted and then Ann was made aware of Robbie 's willingness to return conspired to end the Stendel period. 

No one could of predicted it, if it was underhand then that would explain why it was wrong to put the nag in charge.

12 minutes ago, credit card said:

This all day long!!!

8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Nope as a player "done in" this way I disagree would be raging all season

13 minutes ago, iainmac said:

That's not true otherwise they wouldn't bother ever transferring the 75% shareholding. 

They could transfer the shareholding whenever they want to so I don’t see that being a practical impediment to anything.  

4 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Surely you could see that we didn't have the players to play the way Stendal wanted to play.

Yes a couple of good victories v rangers and beating the wee team were great but we were pish under him in general.

We were losing goals to long balls as the team were all trying to push to far up the park.

I believe Robbie will win this league and make us competitive in the premier again (maybe not the prettiest of football though)

We just slated Morton the other week for anti football approach 

that will be Us in the prem if we go up.

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, giving Bobby on loan was playing nice.... I think that joke was on them.

"don't want to upset anyone". Aye, dragging our case through the court never upset any clubs, chairman, fans,  the sfa, spfl  or the media......:vrface:

Aye, wait until the entire Hearts fan base was united at last then run a coach & horses through the "Only Hearts" mantra. I'm sure St Mirren think that the joke was on them. 

AB had no alternative but to take the case to court, if she didn't the end was nigh. 

Perma-Apologists like yourself are also what's wrong with this club. You'll accept any old shite as long as you can get your rocks off building straw man arguments all day. 

Edited by iainmac

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They could transfer the shareholding whenever they want to so I don’t see that being a practical impediment to anything.  

Why would they bother if they already had "all the power they wanted"? 

Just now, iainmac said:

They don’t seem to be in any rush, to be fair. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, credit card said:

It's a fair point but the player aren't fans.

As I alluded to before, many, if not most players are leaving us in 5 months. Many will know this and will be looking elsewhere as we speak for employment.

It's probably the biggest issue facing Robbie atm, keeping a staff  that are looking elsewhere for employment motivated and focused. 

We can't bin them as we need them atm, no one will buy them, we don't want most for the top flight and we can't recruit for the top flight as we are financially handicapped and in the championship.

I wouldn't be surprised if most know they are going and already have options lined up.

Stendel gets a lot of slack for clearing up and dealing with CL's mess.

That is now Robbie's problem and he's doing it from a lower division and under covid.

We do have a decent core and hopefully the professionalism of the players ensure they do their job and are 100% committed to the end. It is a problem tho, no doubt.

Gorgie Boot boy
7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

They don't that's why, everyone bought into the notion of power. At best the FOH became a safety net, should be a power in itself. The power is the fans money,that is all the current board care about. The FOH members are not at fault, the representatives have their slippers on though.

Covid is involved in this as well

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Boyces beard
2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

They don't that's why, everyone bought into the notion of power. At best the FOH became a safety net, should be a power in itself. The power is the fans money,that is all the current board care about. The FOH members are not at fault, the representatives have their slippers on though.

Spot on.

20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Very good question.

To quickly. I would like to know the difference in salary that Stendal would have worked for and what Neilson is on. Is it that vast? 

24 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Don't forget we also gave Killie another goalie for nowt too. 

12 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Aye, wait until the entire Hearts fan base was united at last then run a coach & horses through the "Only Hearts" mantra. I'm sure St Mirren think that the joke was on them. 

AB had no alternative but to take the case to court, if she didn't the end was nigh. 

Perma-Apologists like yourself are also what's wrong with this club. You'll accept any old shite as long as you can get your rocks off building straw man arguments all day. 

This and Jimmy C posts are easily the best in this thread.  

23 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

The majority of our games have been very poor. There is no discernable difference in our approach to games from the Levein regime. Great for 70 minutes against Dundee, Great when Naismith and Haring came on against Hibs, and excellent after half time in the Cup Final. The rest of the games has seen a ponderous boring build up with backwards and sideways passing.

The fact we conceded 3 goals at home to Ayr, and conceded 3 against Dundee is very poor. We lack drive, enthusiasm and organisation. I was happy to give Robbie a second chance, but our style is where he left off last time he was Manager. His complaing about the Referee against Alloa and Dundee as excuses is pathetic.

He is a negative Manager, as shown by us retreating after the first whistle against Dundee. What the hell was he scared of? the team we scored six against not that long ago!!

The fact we had Frear on Trial before we signed him, suggests he is as clueless as Levein when selecting transfer targets.

I mentioned previously our sloppy second half against bottom of the League arbroath would lose us momentum. We need a Winners mentality for 90 minutes, not piss about when 3-0 up.....

I may not have seen as much content as you but what I have seen makes me tend to agree, we have looked very poor for long spells! We should walk this division against part timers and clubs with a much smaller budget, we may yet but there are some disturbing trends that sometimes bring some doubt in my mind! The problems have been discussed by many in numerous posts, I think the squad is not as strong as it should be, we lack pace and balance, RN has got to take a fair bit of blame for the way he sets this team up even if it is lacking, he has more available for selection than most!

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Bobby on loan isn't a help, I have seen him play.

She still done it tho, so your not trying to offend and playing nice statement is bull shit. A lie if you will.

I think the  perma rage folk are the problem.

No balance, always in a rage, no patience, want instant success and cant wait to criticise the team and players. If things don't go their way, they don't rally and unite they argue and point blame and keep on doing that no matter what, like a rabid dog. If they were at the game they would be slavering and shouting abuse at our players and go home thinking it was a good day for them and how much of a PHM they are.

The fact is, Robbie is our manager, we are top of the league and tbh I wish fans would get behind him or sit the **** down and let the grown ups discuss football rather than going on about CL ( left as manager 14 months ago) and Stendel-who done the only thing even I thought was impossible and made us ****ing worse,  but he's championed on here like a hero. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, jambo3tevie said:

Spot on.

It is a sad spot to be in, we have all paid into the scheme. A few of us are actually livid, we could be spending our money on the side. Sure it is wonderful and generous being a benefactor , there is no power in that. Stopping others putting money in, cripples us in a lot of ways.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bobby onloan isn't a help, i have seen him play.

She still done it tho, so your not trying to offend and playing nice statement is bull shit. A lie if you will.

No balance, always in a rage, no patience, want instant success and cant wait to criticise the team and players. If things don't go their way, they don't rally and unite they argue and point blame and keep on doing that no matter what, like a rabid dog. If they were at the game they would be slavering and shouting abuse at our players and go home thinking it was a good day for them and how much of a PHM they are.

The fact is, Robbie is our manager, we are top of the league and tbh I wish fans would get behind him or sit the **** down and let the grown ups discuss football rather than going on about CL ( left as manager 14 months ago) and Stendel-who done the only thing even I thought was impossible and made us ****ing worse,  but he championed on here like a hero. 

I totally respect your right to an opinion but describing people as being less than grown up is just spoiling for a fight. I see the grief you take at times and it’s out of order but your support the manager at all costs mantra isn’t the only opinion allowed.  

Edited by GinRummy

33 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Spot on with all of that. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bobby onloan isn't a help, i have seen him play.

The fact is, Robbie is our manager, we are top of the league and tbh I wish fans would get behind him or sit the **** down and let the grown ups discuss football rather than going on about CL ( left as manager 14 months ago) and Stendel-who done the only thing even I thought was impossible and made us ****ing worse,  but he championed on here like a hero. 

Do you seriously, genuinely see much improvement from last season or the season before?  Even if top of the fizzy league?

I see nothing to show we have improved at all.  Nothing.   And it's sadly predictable both that and people going "aye but we are top of the league"  Nelson would be sacked by now if we where anything but.  it's no badge of honour.

We should also be using this time to build a team to go back up and playing our youngsters.  Instead this all that matters is promotion isn't really going to help next season if, like last night, we are still a shambles against much better sides. 

23 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

How was Stendel to know that two Scottish International defenders were going to ship a goal or two a game. 

We could have used this season to bring in more Stendel style players and got the team playing some quality football. 

Instead we've gone for dire defensive football with no signs of any excitement on the horizon.. That's on Budge for bringing Neilson in and on Robbie for only having one boring way of playing..

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bobby on loan isn't a help, I have seen him play.

The fact is, Robbie is our manager, we are top of the league and tbh I wish fans would get behind him or sit the **** down and let the grown ups discuss football rather than going on about CL ( left as manager 14 months ago) and Stendel-who done the only thing even I thought was impossible and made us ****ing worse,  but he's championed on here like a hero. 

You want people to shut the feck up because they don’t agree with your opinion.

I suggest a football forum isn’t really for you in that case.

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a fair point but the player aren't fans.

As I alluded to before, many, if not most players are leaving us in 5 months. Many will know this and will be looking elsewhere as we speak for employment.

It's probably the biggest issue facing Robbie atm, keeping a staff  that are looking elsewhere for employment motivated and focused. 

We can't bin them as we need them atm, no one will buy them, we don't want most for the top flight and we can't recruit for the top flight as we are financially handicapped and in the championship.

I wouldn't be surprised if most know they are going and already have options lined up.

Stendel gets a lot of slack for clearing up and dealing with CL's mess.

That is now Robbie's problem and he's doing it from a lower division and under covid.

We do have a decent core and hopefully the professionalism of the players ensure they do their job and are 100% committed to the end. It is a problem tho, no doubt.

Fair point but whether its 2 weeks or 2 years left of their contracts it was teams like Dundee that led to those players' families' Xmas budgets being half of what they should have been. If they are not man enough to step up to the plate in anger without needing to be 'told" by anyone then they shouldn't have been playing. Instead they try to impress on Instagram with fluffy frothy overpriced coffees. The quicker we rid ourselves of wimps the better.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Last Laff said:

Do you seriously, genuinely see much improvement from last season or the season before?  Even if top of the fizzy league?

I see nothing to show we have improved at all.  Nothing.   And it's sadly predictable both that and people going "aye but we are top of the league"  Nelson would be sacked by now if we where anything but.  it's no badge of honour.

We should also be using this time to build a team to go back up and playing our youngsters.  Instead this all that matters is promotion isn't really going to help next season if, like last night, we are still a shambles against much better sides. 

Can't say.

Hard to improve tho when you lose a lot of players, take over a side demoted and under covid restrictions. I'm happy the side will win the league.

To balcne out the defeats v Dundee/ Dunfermline, We beat hibs and drew with Celtic so unsure of your reasoning that we are a shambles v better sides, we've  also hammered Dundee.

Promotion this season is all that matters, fans need to realise this.

The amount of players out of contract and not renewed tells you everything about what our summer is going to be like. I think a few might get renewed but there will be a lot leaving.

Youngsters should only play if good enough, only Irving come to close that for me tbh atm.

Again, you almost sound like you wish we weren't top so it would  add weight  to the sack Robbie argument. Yours stance in mind boggling, it means you cannot take any joy at all from Hearts, even when we win.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )