• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re absolutely right to voice your concerns.  This is the forum for that. You will find many of the same people having a pop at fans voicing their concerns are the self same posters who tried to defend Craig Levein at every turn. 

You also find the same posters who wanted CL gone early, wanted Robbie gone first time, cathro gone, there was even rumblings by some about Stendel and now they want Robbie gone this time. 

The posters that have defended cl, defended every Hearts manager, or if you will supported every Hearts manager.

Wanting a manager sacked isn't supporting the team. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You also find the same posters who wanted CL gone early, wanted Robbie gone first time, cathro gone, there was even rumblings by some about Stendel and now they want Robbie gone this time. 

The posters that have defended cl, defended every Hearts manager, or if you will supported every Hearts manager.

Given where we’ve ended up and the way we’ve played for the last few years, I’d say defended is the more appropriate word. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

So, presumably, you'd rather CL was still here then? 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So you were supportive of Cathro and Stendel right up to the last were you?

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

We ended up signing out of contract garbage. That’s what you think and you are happy with that 😂 Rather than not sign out of contract garbage maybe we should have had a bit faith in some of our younger players. After all, we have now wasted more money on out of contract garbage, and have given some of that garbage two year deals. The net result of that may well be that due to signing out of contract garbage on two year deals, we only have enough money to sign more out of contract garbage. There’s a wee theme there.

Where did say I'm happy with signing out of contract garbage ?  Lol

35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Supporting the team comes hand in hand with wanting it to be successful though. If you dont believe in the manager how on earth can you support and defend him. Thats just burying your head in the sand. There is no shame in wanting the best for Hearts and Ive no doubt that all of our recent managers wanted that. The problem is that none of them were and are capable of putting Hearts where they should be, a very solid top six and regular European football. I'd argue that Stendel might have got the job done in different circumstances but hindsight tells you we should have appointed a safe pair of hands after Levein and not a radical revolutionary. I think Stendel with a blank sheet of paper and an empty squad might have done something. The last manager I had any real confidence in was Paulo Sergio. A man who had his hands tied behind his back, kept us up in spite of remarkable handicaps and won the cup. Every manager since Locke has had very few handicaps. Neilson being the most successful first time round but left with growing warning signs of what was about to happen and what eventually came to pass. We're a marshmallow club getting beat at Alloa, Dunfermline and Dundee. Thats where we are.

I didn't want Neilson appointed. I was gutted when it was him. He's not done a single thing to make me think that view was wrong.

Like it or not, the club is a mess in football terms from top to bottom. Its starts with Ann Budge and goes right through the first team, the squad, the youth players, the coaching staff, the manager, the board, the FOH and the academy. Winning this league, which we will, won't mask any of the issues for me. I won't support a manager I dont believe in. I'll support Hearts from the first day I saw them (back in the day) to the day I die though, and Ill not have the likes of you telling me that failing to support the manager makes me a lesser supporter.

Edited by JimmyCant

Breaking h1b5

Time for this FOH mob to grow a set of balls and get Budge out along with a manager not fit for purpose. Fans have been treated like idiots too long. 

We’re not great.

Without Boyce and Smith we’re significantly worse 

When your better players (Naismith, Kingsley, Haring) don’t perform we are awful

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I answered that further up. 

I seen cathro, CL and Stendel as failures at the club. 

I'm fact, on the footballing side Robbie has been the only success manager wise. 

Clarify footballing success in regards to her?

She has backed every manager financially as best we could. 

She has replaced managers that failed. 

The football failures lie with the manager and players imo. 

Robbie hasn't failed with us 

He has failed many times  including last night.

Edited by Gambo

21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Supporting the team comes hand in hand with wanting it to be successful though. If you dont believe in the manager how on earth can you support and defend him. Thats just burying your head in the sand. There is no shame in wanting the best for Hearts and Ive no doubt that all of our recent managers wanted that. The problem is that none of them were and are capable of putting Hearts where they should be, a very solid top six and regular European football. I'd argue that Stendel might have got the job done in different circumstances but hindsight tells you we should have appointed a safe pair of hands after Levein and not a radical revolutionary. I think Stendel with a blank sheet of paper and an empty squad might have done something. The last manager I had any real confidence in was Paulo Sergio. A man who had his hands tied behind his back, kept us up in spite of remarkable handicaps and won the cup. Every manager since Locke has had very few handicaps. Neilson being the most successful first time round but left with growing warning signs of what was about to happen and what eventually came to pass. We're a marshmallow club getting beat at Alloa, Dunfermline and Dundee. Thats where we are.

I didn't want Neilson appointed. I was gutted when it was him. He's not done a single thing to make me think that view was wrong.

Like it or not, the club is a mess in football terms from top to bottom. Its starts with Ann Budge and goes right through the first team, the squad, the youth players, the coaching staff, the manager, the board, the FOH and the academy. Winning this league, which we will, won't mask any of the issues for me. I won't support a manager I dont believe in. I'll support Hearts from the first day I saw them (back in the day) to the day I die though, and Ill not have the likes of you telling me that failing to support the manager makes me a lesser supporter.

Excellent post and very eloquently put!

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He has failed many times  including last night.

Only if you go game to game and not over a league campaign. 

I go over the entire league. 

Atm we are top. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Budge is a self professed “I don’t know how to run a football club, I’m just trying to keep the club financially stable” chief executive. We have been financially stable. Her issue was, her only advisor and confidant on the football front was Craig Levein.

Unfortunately it ended exactly as many knew it would as far back as Budgement day when Locke was axed. The fans knew that Levein coming in and “implementing his football philosophy” was ominous sign because his football philosophy is turgid and negative throughout his career. Unfortunately Budge never understood that, it went well initially under Neilson who is a good coach who got loads of wins, but the last 3 years? Almost exactly as we feared it might be. 

We can only hope she has made a better appointment in this Savage fella. And let’s hope he already has his finger on the pulse of the fan base and is letting the manager know just how unhappy folk are. 

At this moment in time I’m still giving Neilson a pass because honestly this is pretty much as I expected. Top of the league by 5 points with points dropped away at tougher away grounds because there are still too many chicken hearted wasters in the squad, so there was **** all chance we were winning every game. So it’s “meets expectations”. 

Savage must know though that when we are in the premiership, we are expecting high energy attacking football. Risk and reward football. Hearts fans don’t actually mind losing games occasionally as long as we’ve had a go and entertained. Even in games where we’ve ended up losing 5-1 to Celtic or whatever, as long as we’ve gone out and had a go. But when we’ve played sickeningly bad football like that first half last night, and lost, that really does get up fans noses. We should not be setting up that way but for me I’ll not lose sight of how Neilsons had to operate with 1 hand tied behind his back. And the winning mentality is there. As long as we get promotion that’s the only thing that matters this season. As for Budge, she’ll not be here forever so we will see what the handover looks like when a new chairman takes the helm, likely after covid once we’ve started getting fans back. 

I agree with most of the football part of your post. 
I don’t think Budge has any intention of moving on though, her new pet project is a training facility to be build and run by family perhaps. She has yes men all around and we can’t get her out. As for financial stability if we hadn’t contributed over £11m more than any other clubs fans and had £9m and counting from benefactors, her funding of her boys project and the unfinished £20m stand we would be back where we started before she loaned us the initial money. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Only if you go game to game and not over a league campaign. 

I go over the entire league. 

Atm we are top. 

How's that League Cup campaign going for you? 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Djnoisy said:

Anyone who welcomed Robbie above Stendel, really doesn't know football. 

As many have said, Stendel was a cracking appointment at the wrong time.  If Ann had kept him and continued his education of Scottish football in the championship, we'd be a completely different team just now. One full of movement and pressure with players told to get on the ball and make thing happen. We'd be smashing teams weekly. 

I'm never on here anymore and really not as interested in the hearts results and that's down to Robbie being appointed manager. He hasn't got the skills or personality to motivate anyone.

We will win the championship with this bunch of players, but it ain't going to be pretty. In my opinion, Berra is a bomb scare. Time and time again, whenever he's in the team, we're poor at the back and leak goals.  Stendel didn't just have a clash of personalities and send him out on loan for no reason. The standard of football in the championship is quite poor with all teams able to beat one another on any given day, but we do have that extra bit to get us over the line. There really shouldn't be any need to invest in this window, the player we have will get us back up, but we won't have continued success with this bunch in the premiership. The team is too old and it has no pace. A complete clear out in the summer before we start again on this continued merry go round we're on. Stendel was the opportunity to get off and build something special, but we went safe and for more of the same. 😪 

Good post. 
I actually get more annoyed on here than I do watching the game, last night I was just keeping an eye on the game on my phone whilst watching a film with the wife. 
Im not really missing sitting watching this shite in the freezing cold either, seems a strange thing to do to be honest. I always wondered why folk stop going to games, I’m starting to understand why. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Completely agree about rangers never winning anything ever again, and you not having to justify anything.  

I think till just have to accept that a lot of us can't get our heads around it.  

I'd rather anyone had win it rather than hibs, but that's just me. 

It’s the vast majority of Hearts fans, he just didn’t want Rangers to win it, he didn’t say he wanted Hibs to win it, even though that was the obvious consequence 😱🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈🤪🤣

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, iainmac said:

Did you ****! 

😀😀😀😀😀😑😑

I know I know, Raith away?Postponed due to the final? Closest rivals at home 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔

I’m more than happy to give Robbie the chance to take us up and build a side that has us in Europe. He did it before and he can do it again. That’s not to say last night was acceptable. However, right now we have too many wimps in the squad - Wighton, Walker, Lee etc - who you can’t rely on in a battle. It’s up to Robbie to address this. The stats say he’s our best manager of recent times so we should show faith in him. Those who pine for Stendel are deluding themselves - the performances he oversaw against St Johnstone, Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Motherwell at Tynie were some of the worst I have seen recently, and that’s saying something. At no time did he have us playing attractive football, even with the wins against Rangers and Hibs.

Chopping and changing the management team every time a couple of results go against us is nuts. 
As long as we’re heading in the right direction we should aim for consistency in our coaching staff. Of course, that might be a bit boring for some.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Well said 👍🏽👏🏾

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, S Form said:

I’m more than happy to give Robbie the chance to take us up and build a side that has us in Europe. He did it before and he can do it again. That’s not to say last night was acceptable. However, right now we have too many wimps in the squad - Wighton, Walker, Lee etc - who you can’t rely on in a battle. It’s up to Robbie to address this. The stats say he’s our best manager of recent times so we should show faith in him. Those who pine for Stendel are deluding themselves - the performances he oversaw against St Johnstone, Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Motherwell at Tynie were some of the worst I have seen recently, and that’s saying something. At no time did he have us playing attractive football, even with the wins against Rangers and Hibs.

Chopping and changing the management team every time a couple of results go against us is nuts. 
As long as we’re heading in the right direction we should aim for consistency in our coaching staff. Of course, that might be a bit boring for some.

So we should have stuck with Cathro, or Stendel by your reasoning? Did consistency of coaching help when Levein was in charge or did it take us to the bottom of the league? 
You’re a bit eh, inconsistent. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So we should have stuck with Cathro, or Stendel by your reasoning? Did consistency of coaching help when Levein was in charge or did it take us to the bottom of the league? 

Erm, no. I said we should retain consistency if we were heading in the right direction, which we clearly weren’t with Cathro, Stendel and Levein.

3 minutes ago, S Form said:

Erm, no. I said we should retain consistency if we were heading in the right direction, which we clearly weren’t with Cathro, Stendel and Levein.

Bearing in mind that we're now playing against a lower standard of opposition, I'm not seeing much difference away from home tbh. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Good post. 

Getintaethem
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Robbie’s record is far better than Cathro  or Stendels though.  I really don’t get the negativity.  In his first spell he won the championship at a canter ahead of Rangers and Hibs, then had us sitting second in the premiership before he left (or was hounded out).  

Last night was poor, but I think it’s only fair to give him the next couple of transfer windows to build his own squad.  We’re certainly not going to sack him while sitting five points clear at the top of the league, so why not give the guy some support and see how far he can take us?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, S Form said:

If you think we are heading in the right direction that is, many of us have seen this movie before. It’s like a horror version of Groundhog Day. 

1 minute ago, Getintaethem said:

Robbie’s record is far better than Cathro  or Stendels though.  I really don’t get the negativity.  In his first spell he won the championship at a canter ahead of Rangers and Hibs, then had us sitting second in the premiership before he left (or was hounded out).  

Last night was poor, but I think it’s only fair to give him the next couple of transfer windows to build his own squad.  We’re certainly not going to sack him while sitting five points clear at the top of the league, so why not give the guy some support and see how far he can take us?

He wasn't hounded out FFS! 

I don't want him sacked, I just want his arse booted so that there are no more away performances like last night, when we hand the opposition the initiative from the 1st whistle. 

The problem I have is, I can't see who is going to apply the boot. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you think we are heading in the right direction that is, many of us have seen this movie before. It’s like a horror version of Groundhog Day. 

The facts say we are heading in the right direction - we are top of the league and favourites to be promoted.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly this. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Breaking h1b5 said:

Time for this FOH mob to grow a set of balls and get Budge out along with a manager not fit for purpose. Fans have been treated like idiots too long. 

The FOH have very little power, or they appear to have none.

132goals1958

I was indifferent when he left and similarly nonplussed when he returned. Last nights result didn’t come as a surprise to me based on some of the performances of late. What really annoys me is the post match comments and I hope he has a different slant on things behind closed doors. The second half performance against Arbroath last Tuesday was eye bleeding stuff  and all the guff about difficulties in maintaining concentration levels was a ridiculous statement. I would argue that a commanding lead against inferior opposition should breed confidence and result in consolidating their superiority. As he mentioned we did have chances in the second half but that doesn’t obscure the fact Dundee could have been out of sight by half time 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Levein did well in his first spell. 
Did Cathro and Stendel get another couple of windows? You can see the hypocrisy here? Rangers and Hibs were awful let’s face it, they couldn’t even get up through the playoffs. 
We were 2nd, with extra games played and as he said himself he knew it was the right time to leave. 
His style of football is pretty much CLs, we’ve suffered this for years now. 
Will having a moan on social media make any difference?

Getintaethem
Just now, iainmac said:

He wasn't hounded out FFS! 

I don't want him sacked, I just want his arse booted so that there are no more away performances like last night, when we hand the opposition the initiative from the 1st whistle. 

The problem I have is, I can't see who is going to apply the boot. 

I was referring to the plane incident and the constant snipping.  Yes, I agree we have to be better, I think he’s fully aware of that.  I think he has a fair idea now who he can rely on and who needs to go, he’ll need a couple of transfer windows to sort that out.  Having Smith, Ginelly and Boyce fit will be a big boost for him but he needs two or three in during this window to make a difference.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, S Form said:

The facts say we are heading in the right direction - we are top of the league and favourites to be promoted.

With a huge budget compared to others, and getting beat off shite like Dundee/Dunfermline/Alloa, as he did the last two seasons in this tinpot league. 
The football on offer for most parts of games is awful, if you and others are happy with that bash on, many weren’t last time or this, MK & Utd fans were also happy to see him go. All wrong I suppose?

Getintaethem
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Levein did well in his first spell. 
Did Cathro and Stendel get another couple of windows? You can see the hypocrisy here? Rangers and Hibs were awful let’s face it, they couldn’t even get up through the playoffs. 
We were 2nd, with extra games played and as he said himself he knew it was the right time to leave. 
His style of football is pretty much CLs, we’ve suffered this for years now. 
Will having a moan on social media make any difference?

Cathro and to a lesser extent Stengel didn’t get the two transfer windows as they’re results were so bad.  Personally I’d have been happy enough for Stengel to get more time, but Cathro was a disaster.

I don’t think RN’s tactics are anywhere near as negative as leviens.

venting on social media probably won’t make any difference but nothing wrong with a wee debate about the Hearts.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

With a huge budget compared to others, and getting beat off shite like Dundee/Dunfermline/Alloa, as he did the last two seasons in this tinpot league. 
The football on offer for most parts of games is awful, if you and others are happy with that bash on, many weren’t last time or this, MK & Utd fans were also happy to see him go. All wrong I suppose?

I’m very happy that we are top of the league. Some of the performances haven’t been great, true. At the same, I believe matches where we score five and six are pretty entertaining on the whole.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good post. 
I actually get more annoyed on here than I do watching the game, last night I was just keeping an eye on the game on my phone whilst watching a film with the wife. 
Im not really missing sitting watching this shite in the freezing cold either, seems a strange thing to do to be honest. I always wondered why folk stop going to games, I’m starting to understand why. 

Under Robbies last stint I sat and watched my phone whilst at the games more than watching the actual game!!!

It always seemed a chore leaving McCowans with the laddie and heading to the game knowing what to expect.

Robbie needs to get the team up for games more. Why can’t he motivate the players? It’s a massive problem. You just knew last night Dundee would be up for it and we just did not compete at all in the first half. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

How's that League Cup campaign going for you? 

Every single one has been a shit show since I've been born tbh.

I've just about given up all hope on it, Alloa is just another chapter in that particular shit cake.

9 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

I was referring to the plane incident and the constant snipping.  Yes, I agree we have to be better, I think he’s fully aware of that.  I think he has a fair idea now who he can rely on and who needs to go, he’ll need a couple of transfer windows to sort that out.  Having Smith, Ginelly and Boyce fit will be a big boost for him but he needs two or three in during this window to make a difference.

He's already came out & said that stunt had no bearing on his decision to leave. If it did, why would he have come back? 

3 if the "who needs to go" camp have been brought in by RN. Hopefully the new SD has a better eye for a player. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Every single one has been a shit show since I've been born tbh.

I've just about given up all hope on it, Alloa is just another chapter in that particular shit cake.

Tremendous. 

You've managed to absolve the manager of any blame once again by delving into the history books but possibly forgetting that we actually reached the final in 2013. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

Cathro and to a lesser extent Stengel didn’t get the two transfer windows as they’re results were so bad.  Personally I’d have been happy enough for Stengel to get more time, but Cathro was a disaster.

I don’t think RN’s tactics are anywhere near as negative as leviens.

venting on social media probably won’t make any difference but nothing wrong with a wee debate about the Hearts.

Cathro was a joke but you said Nrilson should be given 3 windows, Cathro wasn’t. 
Stendel had us in 8th in the form table and just might’ve hit these misfits to safety. 
Neilson isn’t as defensive as Levein but is so similar in many other ways, those of us scarred by the last few seasons feel like it’s happening all over again. 
As you say moaning on here makes no difference so that’s cool, the only way to actively support the club just now is to keep giving it money which I do. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Cathro was a joke but you said Nrilson should be given 3 windows, Cathro wasn’t. 
Stendel had us in 8th in the form table and just might’ve hit these misfits to safety. 
Neilson isn’t as defensive as Levein but is so similar in many other ways, those of us scarred by the last few seasons feel like it’s happening all over again. 
As you say moaning on here makes no difference so that’s cool, the only way to actively support the club just now is to keep giving it money which I do. 

Danny blew his chance playing Flappy hands,

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Under Robbies last stint I sat and watched my phone whilst at the games more than watching the actual game!!!

It always seemed a chore leaving McCowans with the laddie and heading to the game knowing what to expect.

Pretty much, even worse the last few seasons. We need to build a bit of momentum and feel good factor to keep fans contributing. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Danny blew his chance playing Flappy hands,

Everyone did, the back ups weren’t that much better. Gordon was on the radar so he wanted a replacement. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Tremendous. 

You've managed to absolve the manager of any blame once again by delving into the history books but possibly forgetting that we actually reached the final in 2013. 

Nah it's his worst result he's had with us imo.

I don't want him sacked for it tho.

I won't call him silly names, ask for everyone to be sacked, argue with folk and generally become a slavering emotional drain not only on myself but on  this board.

I never forget about 2013 or 97. The 2013 final result was a shitter as well, st Mirren beat us in a final ffs. Actually one of my worse ever Hearts results to witness. In my top 5, if not 3. Beat in  final of st Mirren, we even scored first. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

He's already came out & said that stunt had no bearing on his decision to leave. If it did, why would he have come back? 

3 if the "who needs to go" camp have been brought in by RN. Hopefully the new SD has a better eye for a player. 

Fingers crossed. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah it's his worst result he's had with us imo.

I don't want him sacked for it tho.

I won't call him silly names, ask for everyone to be sacked, argue with folk and generally become a slavering emotional drain not only on myself but on  this board.

I never forget about 2013 or 97. The 2013 final result was a shitter as well, st Mirren beat us in a final ffs. Actually one of my worse ever Hearts results to witness. In my top 5, if not 3. Beat in  final of st Mirren, we even scored first. 

97? It’s off not of. Have you just outed yourself as Michael Stewart?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Everyone did, the back ups weren’t that much better. Gordon was on the radar so he wanted a replacement. 

I know, Danny was silenced on the Gordon talk.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )