Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not this season I would imagine. Most businesses around the world in every industry tore up their long-term plans last year. 

Why would I want Hibs to win the cup? That's different from not believing Robbie Neilson won Hibs the cup. Does that mean Pat Fenlon and Tony Mowbray won the cups for us in 06 and 2012? Better send them their medals.

The grand plan is nothing to do with Neilson. Some folk really need to separate their dislike for Budge from whoever the manager is. 

Ok....

I don’t hate Ann Budge. I’m frustrated at her running of the football department which considering we are a football club is pretty important imo. 

The grand plan was Levein putting in place a system throughout all age groups and coaches which meant we wouldn’t be squandering millions. Now thankfully with Joe we might get back to some planning and foresight. 

I’m glad you didn’t want hibs to win the cup in 2016. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You seem to have a problem reading and understanding posts. 

What was the point in your post then, elaborate?

Seemed like  a pointless moan for attention. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I will probably do as I’ve always done, support Hearts and moan. 

😂😂👍

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Ok....

I don’t hate Ann Budge. I’m frustrated at her running of the football department which considering we are a football club is pretty important imo. 

The grand plan was Levein putting in place a system throughout all age groups and coaches which meant we wouldn’t be squandering millions. Now thankfully with Joe we might get back to some planning and foresight. 

I didn't want Hibs to win. I also didn't want Rangers to win though and I was genuinely happy for the couple of Hibee pals I grew up with when they did it (I'm of the generation who went to Easter Rd with Hibs pals when Hearts were playing away). I also had a great laugh when they messed up the celebrations as only Hibs fans could, and still remind them of that. 

Yes, Levein's grand plan failed. We all know that. Doesn't mean it wasn't worth a try though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

McGlynn The Money
15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:rofl:

You wanted them to win. That’s not a prediction, it’s a wish - and let’s be honest, if you’d predicted that they’d win then they’d have 100% lost.

You’ve never called anything right and you’re not getting any better. Your sanctimonious drivel is fooling no-one and I can only assume that you’re keeping going in the hope that people will forget. If I was you I’d have left here in embarrassment years ago

:spoton:

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

After promotion it is wise to strengthen. 

Surely you are not advocating after demotion last year, a covid transfer window and now promotion we do not revamp the team. 

Are you? 

Changing managers would also result in a busy transfer window. 

You are clueless yet contribute in every thread, it's pitiful.

19 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Now who’s being a cry baby ? 

You moan about these fans depriving the club of money on one hand then encourage it on the other !!!

RN had his chance this season to really make a huge statement of intent by giving the fans something that makes them sit and take notice in a positive way. Winning the league was a formality for the majority......the level of performances against most of the teams was horribly average even for the championship. We struggled against part-time players on several occasions, we struggled against teams who barely had a chance to prepare for games, we struggled against a team who couldn’t afford a second GK and had their sports scientist in charge of the team.

The cup performances v Alloa and Brora were a disgrace to the club.

Robbie Neilson and a huge majority of the players may have their glory in winning the league but nobody can say they covered themselves in any glory. 

We need to have a strong foundation....starting with the management team.....I just don’t think we have that. 

Neilson was criticised in his first stint here....a lot of supporters weren’t happy with the cautious approach he was starting taking. He went from being all about what we do to all about what the opposition do. There were a lot of poor signings and the squad wasn’t well balanced. He moved on but didn’t last long at MK Dons and the Utd fans didn’t seem too bothered to lose him last summer. Now, once again, a huge chunk of Hearts fans are voicing their concerns about what they’re seeing.

Robbie Neilson is proving to be a bang average manager/head coach. Nobody is excited by him. He is a nice guy and a safe pair of hands but you’ll never go to a game expecting to be on the edge of your seat.

We all want exciting players who will show passion and leave everything they have on the pitch....

yet we expect a manager, who has none of these attributes, to deliver this.

I can’t remember the last time a player said anything positive about his set-up, his training, his tactics...his passion to win every game. He hasn’t improved a single player in 10 months of being in charge. 

I think it’s very very easy to see why so many have huge doubts that he has what it takes to get us back to where we should be.

Excellent post!

One that resonates with the more level headed on here!

Neilson Out

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Justin Rose guru I think 

He was from 2009 until 2020, seen working together again at the Masters. Rose had a dip when they split up. 
Foley was Tigers coach for a bit too. 
I followed him on Instagram for a while, he’s a character. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

You moan about these fans depriving the club of money on one hand then encourage it on the other !!!

RN had his chance this season to really make a huge statement of intent by giving the fans something that makes them sit and take notice in a positive way. Winning the league was a formality for the majority......the level of performances against most of the teams was horribly average even for the championship. We struggled against part-time players on several occasions, we struggled against teams who barely had a chance to prepare for games, we struggled against a team who couldn’t afford a second GK and had their sports scientist in charge of the team.

Robbie Neilson and a huge majority of the players may have their glory in winning the league but nobody can say they covered themselves in any glory. 

We need to have a strong foundation....starting with the management team.....I just don’t think we have that. 

Neilson was criticised in his first stint here....a lot of supporters weren’t happy with the cautious approach he was starting taking. He went from being all about what we do to all about what the opposition do. There were a lot of poor signings and the squad wasn’t well balanced. He moved on but didn’t last long at MK Dons and the Utd fans didn’t seem too bothered to lose him last summer. Now, once again, a huge chunk of Hearts fans are voicing their concerns about what they’re seeing.

Robbie Neilson is proving to be a bang average manager/head coach. Nobody is excited by him. He is a nice guy and a safe pair of hands but you’ll never go to a game expecting to be on the edge of your seat.

We all want exciting players who will show passion and leave everything they have on the pitch....

I can’t remember the last time a player said anything positive about his set-up, his training, his tactics...his passion to win every game. He hasn’t improved a single player in 10 months of being in charge. 

I think it’s very very easy to see why so many have huge doubts that he has what it takes to get us back to where we should be.

👍🏽👏🏾

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

You are clueless yet contribute in every thread, it's pitiful.

The noisy minority must be getting a wee bit worried that Budge hasn't come out fighting his corner, or endorsing his tenure!

I wonder why?

I reckon self preservation will be the order of the day....She needs to cast him adrift. The hand wringers will be heading for the prozac soon enough. I predict May will be the decisive Month. Get shot of the fraud. Put ST's on sale, and start again to look forward to a brand new dawn

Neilson Out

The Apprentice
33 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Bang on the money here. 

Auldbenches
34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you read the content of my posts, I am often critical. 

Unfortunately, if you don't make it personal and scream abuse constantly you are a happy clapper. 

In fact, any support or call to get behind the team is now "happy clapper" territory on here. 

Tragic, I generally save my abuse and slaggings for the opposition teams and fans, too many on here point it at thier own, constantly. 

The match thread is telling, far too many on here are a  rabid and very active when we are playing poor and/ or getting beat and then slither off completely or pipe down to a squeak when we score or/are playing well or a score. 

Really strange behaviour for a person supporting a team. 

It's almost like they are not Hearts fans or enjoy slagging the club. 

Either way utter fuds imo, and if these sorts are  the ones not going to attend, then Tynecastle will be better for it. 

The match threads are very telling imo. 

Many others criticise and celebrate in equal measure, however a few of the more rabid oot crowd often disappear of match threads completely if we're doing well. 

Do you think we would be slagging the club if they had been getting things tight for the last 5 years?  We aren't having a go at them for the sake of it, it's because we are have been relatively terrible for 4 years.  

The club doesn't deserve to get pulled up for any of this and we just sit on our hands?  

Last question for you.

In what way are the fans to blame for any of this?   Yiu are always having a go at hearts fans who are known for backing their club more than others over the last 10 years.

You played that card with levein doing the same again. 

Point out where the fans are to blame for any of this?  

Wanting rid of levein too early?   I just can't see where Hearts fans can be criticised over the last few years.  

8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Ok....

That grand plan is the grand plan of many clubs. It’s the way it should be as it makes perfect sense.

It’s never worked out for us because since the end of first championship winning season.....where it was CL who put together the squad.....there has been too many changes. RN started building a squad he wanted, then Cathro, then CL again and now back to RN.

There was a long term plan that has been constantly interrupted by shorter term plans.

CL having to abandon his DOF role was a terrible decision. We should have left him there to focus on his job of trying the rebuild the footballing department and employed a manager. Everything got all muddled after that and we haven’t recovered.

Auldbenches
22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I didn't want Hibs to win. I also didn't want Rangers to win though and I was genuinely happy for the couple of Hibee pals I grew up with when they did it (I'm of the generation who went to Easter Rd with Hibs pals when Hearts were playing away). I also had a great laugh when they messed up the celebrations as only Hibs fans could, and still remind them of that. 

Yes, Levein's grand plan failed. We all know that. Doesn't mean it wasn't worth a try though.

If levein's grand plan was worth a try, why didn't we stick with it?   There is no evidence that we stick to what vision he sold to is and the board.  

It might've worked if he did stick to it.  

49 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would you not agree however that another new manager not called Robbie Neilson would have been slated for the Brora result, but everyone would have agreed he took over in difficult circumstances and deserves the chance to build his own team with a proper summer window and pre season?

Absolutely not true, imo.

I think that's a bizarre argument, though you're not the first person I've seen put that forward. For the vast majority of those who want him gone (which certainly seems to be the majority of the support) Neilson is being slated - and by a lot more than just the folk on here - for the crappy job he's done this time round.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

Do you think we would be slagging the club if they had been getting things tight for the last 5 years?  We aren't having a go at them for the sake of it, it's because we are have been relatively terrible for 4 years.  

The club doesn't deserve to get pulled up for any of this and we just sit on our hands?  

Last question for you.

In what way are the fans to blame for any of this?   Yiu are always having a go at hearts fans who are known for backing their club more than others over the last 10 years.

You played that card with levein doing the same again. 

Point out where the fans are to blame for any of this?  

Wanting rid of levein too early?   I just can't see where Hearts fans can be criticised over the last few years.  

The "fans" who wanted Neilson out while doing well in the league the last time can do one. As can the ones who started on Robbie in November last year. November FFS! The stick Cathro, Levein and Stendel got from some if not everyone (or at least some for a longer period) was mostly justified. There's a clear difference of opinion amongst fans about whether to give managers time or not or whether chopping and changing manager all the time is the way to go. It's hardly the most controversial thing in the world that people have different views on that.

Guest ToqueJambo

If levein's grand plan was worth a try, why didn't we stick with it?   There is no evidence that we stick to what vision he sold to is and the board.  

It might've worked if he did stick to it.  

Sticking with things is the side I'm on. I think things take time, but by the end even I wanted Levein gone completely. Other fans disagree - they have very little patience or tolerance for things not going to plan.

37 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Support Hearts 

Or

Continue to moan.

Even from a poster with over 43K often mental posts, this is a humdinger - you either keep quiet and accept whatever shit is thrown your way as a paying customer, or you're not a supporter?

Johnny Sandiego
48 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I agree with much of that, unfortunately. It's what happened after the Hibs cup defeat under Neilson - some fans refused to move on from it.

Would you not agree however that another new manager not called Robbie Neilson would have been slated for the Brora result, but everyone would have agreed he took over in difficult circumstances and deserves the chance to build his own team with a proper summer window and pre season?

It's a bit of a slippery slope when managers careers are decided on single results. The reasonable reaction is to give them the chance to rectify things. This especially applies to Hearts. We're a club with a tradition of being extremely unpredictable - as likely to beat Celtic 4-0 one week and lose 2-0 to Hamilton the next. Or get to the SC final but get pumped out the LC by a Diddy team. It's what we do.

We also always have spells of poor form in a season and we always have a very meh season every 2 or 3 seasons. So when the next manager has a month of bad form, or gets some injuries or loses badly, what then? Do we got though this cycle of a new manager every season?

Only its not a single result is it. In 2021 we've only won 7 out of 16 games. 

We crashed out the league cup to Alloa then had the worst result in our history against Broara. 

To spin it like folk are wanting him fired for 1 result is nonsense. The writing is on the wall. As the poster you replied to said, first defeat next season and the grumbling will start. Much better to get a clean break now and start next season with a positive vibe around the club.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Absolutely not true, imo.

I think that's a bizarre argument, though you're not the first person I've seen put that forward. For the vast majority of those who want him gone (which certainly seems to be the majority of the support) Neilson is being slated - and by a lot more than just the folk on here - for the crappy job he's done this time round.

The evidence for that is how much backing Stendel still gets. I can't think of a single managerial decision Robbie's made in both spells that was as bad or as damaging as Stendel's goalie decision last season.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Johnny Sandiego said:

We crashed out the league cup to Alloa then had the worst result in our history against Broara. 

To spin it like folk are wanting him fired for 1 result is nonsense. The writing is on the wall. As the poster you replied to said, first defeat next season and the grumbling will start. Much better to get a clean break now and start next season with a positive vibe around the club.

Single results or a bad couple of months. As I said we have a bad month or two most seasons, and we constantly lose games we should win. Every club outwith the OF does. That's why the OF are so dominant.

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

The "fans" who wanted Neilson out while doing well in the league the last time can do one. As can the ones who started on Robbie in November last year. November FFS! The stick Cathro, Levein and Stendel got from some if not everyone (or at least some for a longer period) was mostly justified. There's a clear difference of opinion amongst fans about whether to give managers time or not or whether chopping and changing manager all the time is the way to go. It's hardly the most controversial thing in the world that people have different views on that.

Different views are what's needed, but there's a poster on here who has put more blame on the fans than the club.   

No fans have backed their club more.  We aren't demanding more than other fans because of that, we just want to see the club get value for our money.  

I'm amazed that some can blame the fans more than the club during this period.  

There is not one fan done as much damage to the club than those who have been played to do the job.

Budge said she would walk if the majority of fans didn't want her hear, that seems to be the case now.  Why does she stick to what she said?   We want her gone.  

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

“IF” we get a new manager in surely the same grumbling will start when he loses his first game?

Or is grumbling only warranted after a first defeat for an existing manager?

Auldbenches
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sticking with things is the side I'm on. I think things take time, but by the end even I wanted Levein gone completely. Other fans disagree - they have very little patience or tolerance for things not going to plan.

He didn't stick to the plan, so how were we impatient or not as tolerant as we should've been?

Another thing that is nothing to do with the fans.  

The club changed course after two years so I can't see how we weren't patient enough.  

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The evidence for that is how much backing Stendel still gets. I can't think of a single managerial decision Robbie's made in both spells that was as bad or as damaging as Stendel's goalie decision last season.

Chasing Oshinwa for 2 months is pretty bad one tbf.

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Spot on.  They tend to be the folk that religiously stood by Levein and Co even by the time it was clear things were going downhill fast.

Personally, I couldn’t care if I was proved wrong. I really couldn’t.  But I think these people do.

I’m sure most of us in person could be quite civil , entertain each other’s argument and meet somewhere in the middle.  But the internet doesn’t help in that sense.  At times like now ,and before internet, I can’t imagine there’d be many chuffed Hearts fans you’d meet in person day to day.

But the ones who are and can’t bring themselves to be a little critical ,have found a haven on the internet.  

I was critical of Levein even before his 5-0 embarrassment at Livingston. He should've got sacked on the Monday morning right after that and if a proper manager had been brought in we might not've had to watch the steady decline of the last few years. Instead, Ann kept him on with him saying that everything will be okay when game from game things were looking bleaker and bleaker by the month. Even when she did sack him it took her far too long to recruit a new manager. Hibs sacked Heckingbottom after us and had a manager in place before Stendel arrived. And look where they're sitting now.

The majority of Hearts fans i know are not happy and extremely critical. Most of them aren't on KB but they'd agree with the majority of posts. 

Unfortunately, some fans have settled for mediocrity, the type Ann wants, folk happily clapping along, smiling and fawning while having their wallets emptied with season ticket sales and FoH contributions. Basically put up and shut up! That may have worked previously but folk have been getting wise to it and are quite rightly questioning all things Hearts. Doesn't make them any less of a supporter of the club, if anything, it shows them as extremely fanatical about Hearts and not just happy-clapping their way into a future of mediocrity and an acceptance of it.

Auldbenches
7 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

Even from a poster with over 43K often mental posts, this is a humdinger - you either keep quiet and accept whatever shit is thrown your way as a paying customer, or you're not a supporter?

That is what he is saying.  Shut it and stop moaning or you aren't a real fan.  Also would rather have a few thousand less at games if they aren't going to accept things they don't like.  Would rather the club lost paying customers than criticise the club.

It's those stupid fans again...

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Do you greet like a bairn when you don’t get enough sugar in your cocoa?

Is that your reply?   Ffs   do you just accept someone shitting in yours? 

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Single results or a bad couple of months. As I said we have a bad month or two most seasons, and we constantly lose games we should win. Every club outwith the OF does. That's why the OF are so dominant.

the financial discrepancy between us and the rest of the championship is equivalent to the financial discrepancy between the old firm and the SPFL.

It’s excuses - he’s done a shit job, Becuase he’s a very limited coach.

there will be a gig for him at planet soccer when we’ve done messing around 

Pipe down child.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

:lol:

I want. I want. I want. I want.

I put money into the club therefore I want. I want this and I want that. If I don’t get what I want RIGHT NOW I will scream and make loads of noises until I GET WHAT I WANT !! 

If he’s not gone like I want I will stop paying money into the club. 

Act like a bunch of bairns you will be spoken to like a bunch of bairns.

Bunch of jumped up little turds.

41 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

The noisy minority must be getting a wee bit worried that Budge hasn't come out fighting his corner, or endorsing his tenure!

I wonder why?

I reckon self preservation will be the order of the day....She needs to cast him adrift. The hand wringers will be heading for the prozac soon enough. I predict May will be the decisive Month. Get shot of the fraud. Put ST's on sale, and start again to look forward to a brand new dawn

Neilson Out

100%

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I put money into the club therefore I want. I want this and I want that. If I don’t get what I want RIGHT NOW I will scream and make loads of noises until I GET WHAT I WANT !! 

😂 we’ve put more money into the club than any other fans in Scotland.  Firstly that raised expectations and secondly it means people will want a bigger voice.

now sadly, despite those raised expectations we have been failed massively as a support because Ann budge isn’t capable of making sound sporting decisions. She doesn’t understand the game, the fans or what is required to win!

the fans can see further failure on the horizon and would prefer that we suffer  

no more naive football decisions taken by someone naive to football, decisions which will result in more of our money squandered. 

all most fans want are some standards, and some normal football decisions.  Dropping points in. 10 games in the champ is ridiculous, cup loss to Alloa to Ridiculous, Cup loss to Brora extraordinary. When combined with an additional dozen abject performances and utter boredom. 

he has to go

Edited by kingantti1874

Guest ToqueJambo
30 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Chasing Oshinwa for 2 months is pretty bad one tbf.

Yeah he makes duff signings. He still manages to make teams with them in them competitive though, even Oshaniwa was part of the defence that started that season so well. So is he actually a good manager in that respect?

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Irony?

The "happy clappers" who pay their money through tickets and FoH subs have as much right to back their team as the "boo boys" who pay their money have a right to slag off their team.

Folk who don't pay their money though (such as people saying they'll not buy STs next season but will no doubt still lay into the club, and probably a lot of others on social media and on here).... they can do one.

:facepalm:

How's life on the moral high ground ? 

Keep up the good work - you must be in line for an award from the club. 

How many posts on this thread now ? 

21 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

"Bunch of jumped up little turds" ...another load of abusive crap dressed up as debate. 

There's some very angry people on the thread today. 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Hard to argue with any of that. I wasn’t one of the fans who held his last term against him when we brought him and whilst the appointment didn’t get me off my seat I understood the reasons why.

The opportunity for him to win the fans back was there and tbf there were times where I thought he might, the initial win against Dundee, knocking hibs out the cup and being just a couple of penalties away from winning the cup. However since the turn of the year it hasn’t been anywhere near good enough.

I think to ignore the majority of the fans would be extremely foolish. There’s always been a bit of division however we need unity going into the next season. The ‘what if’ crowd keep mentioning that he could start the season winning back to back games however he will always be one poor result away from the fans getting on his back, rightly or wrongly. This toxicity has the ability to pull the team and players down into another relegation battle, which no one wants.

You used a lot more wants than required.   We only want one.  That is the club doing their job right, fir a change, and delivering football the fans want to pay to see.  

I think I'm allowed one more want...

I want Ann Budge to go and let 'real' football people get on with it.

Do you think she has done a good job?  Tel me where if you think she has. 

You're correct in what you say.

If Budge now finds herself in a situation where she cannot match the ambition and expectation of her paying public then maybe it's time to give someone else a go!

If it's buckle in, and consolidate then she's in for a rough ride!.....And I'm not one who has the patience any longer for her promise of better days ahead. She has had 6 years to put her stamp on the club. However, It's been one crisis leading on to another. Everything about the club has been on the down with no sign of recovery.
Does anyone feel confident that better days are ahead? If yes, based on what evidence?

It's OK for her to deflect blame and and conveniently ignore the problems that she has created. But likewise she cannot expect any normal Hearts supporter to keep putting their hands in their pockets to fund her ill conceived plans..

PS...Keep posting your views. Don't be put off by some of Neilson's unambitious Knuckle draggers that tend to shout the place down. 

Neilson Out

glynnlondon
21 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

You're correct in what you say.

If Budge now finds herself in a situation where she cannot match the ambition and expectation of her paying public then maybe it's time to give someone else a go!

If it's buckle in, and consolidate then she's in for a rough ride!.....And I'm not one who has the patience any longer for her promise of better days ahead. She has had 6 years to put her stamp on the club. However, It's been one crisis leading on to another. Everything about the club has been on the down with no sign of recovery.
Does anyone feel confident that better days are ahead? If yes, based on what evidence?

It's OK for her to deflect blame and and conveniently ignore the problems that she has created. But likewise she cannot expect any normal Hearts supporter to keep putting their hands in their pockets to fund her ill conceived plans..

PS...Keep posting your views. Don't be put off by some of Neilson's unambitious Knuckle draggers that tend to shout the place down. 

Neilson Out

The day that sour faced incompetent ***** ****s off will be a glorious day 

The Mighty Thor

It's a veritable shill echo chamber. 

Fair play to them.

Buffing the turd to a high gloss shine. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

👏👏

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Budge transferring the latest payment. Cher-ching!

🎺

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Folk thinking Robbie’s going to fire us to 3rd next season because he did it before, or based on one result v hibs 🙄

Last time he had a squad of exciting youth players and some excellent purchases that gelled in the Championship. I don’t think we even made that many signings that summer because the team was largely settled. 

With the best will in the world, that’s not the case this time. 

Indeed, he’s already shown us what he can do with this squad, not much. He could sign anyone and still not set them up properly or motivate them. 

OmiyaHearts
2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

State of this 😂