Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Let's hope Ms Budge gets floods of emails along the lines of Nielson out or won't be buying a season ticket, actions speak louder than words, by his demaneur at the 18s game he is or thinks he is going nowhere, man's an imposter. Nielson OUt.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

You really don’t get the bigger picture do you?

He does : he just ignores it so he can troll people on here.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Individual games are not the bigger picture. The league season is. 

Winning the league and being promoted is not embarrassing either. 

It is what we had to do in order to start our upward trajectory and reverse the last few years of decline. 

Should we not take promotion and decline it? 

Give it to Raith or Dundee instead? 

How embarrassed are you? 

Ridiculous. 

what we needed to do was dominate this league, and all of the diddy teams with a fraction of our budget in it.  like rangers have with the premier league.

Given the unbelievably bad standard of the league an acceptable outcome would have been 75 points out of a maximum of 81.  This could have been achieved with manager who was tactically competent, a good motivator or shrewd in the transfer market.

Robbie Neilson is none of these things. We could have won this league had Ann Budge herself decided to be the coach. He is boring, tactically naive, stubborn and 100% out of his depth - he isn’t even good at making excuses. He will NEVER be the man

Berra than you
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Individual games are not the bigger picture. The league season is. 

Winning the league and being promoted is not embarrassing either. 

It is what we had to do in order to start our upward trajectory and reverse the last few years of decline. 

Should we not take promotion and decline it? 

Give it to Raith or Dundee instead? 

How embarrassed are you? 

Ridiculous. 

The fact all of those loses and dropped points came on the one season is kind of the point the poster is making? They aren't individual games, it's several poor performances and results over the course of the season.

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Let's hope Ms Budge gets floods of emails along the lines of Nielson out or won't be buying a season ticket, actions speak louder than words, by his demaneur at the 18s game he is or thinks he is going nowhere, man's an imposter. Nielson OUt.

He thinks he’s untouchable,mostly due to the way Budge held on to Levein for so so long.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Agentjambo said:

The bigger picture is not a few poor results. The bigger picture 100% this season was promotion. That had 

The bigger picture is various things, most of it the fans won't have a clue about. 

It's about, amongst other things - planning ahead, having a structure and not being reactive. 

It's about allowing the new football side that includes a director, Savage and a new mgt side time to have normal top flight transfer window and build on the success of promotion. 

It's about the financial stability of the club, now and going forward. 

It's not about personalities or being emotional. 

It's not about "awbody oot". That is not any picture, never mind the bigger one. 

For the fans it's about supporting the team to allow it to grow and improve, not withholding funds because they are in a huff, therefor hindering us. 

Finally, it's about the future, not CL, not Stendel but the manager and team going forward. 

That is just a short summary of the the bigger picture. 

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He thinks he’s untouchable,mostly due to the way Budge held on to Levein for so so long.

So far he would appear to be correct. 

glynnlondon
11 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He does he's not that stupid just chooses to be contrary

1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

It may or may not be the single worst defeat in our history - it certainly wasn’t the most painful - but my point remains.  Every club has embarrassing defeats from time to time and the suggestion that it’s the “most embarrassing in the history of Scottish football” is complete nonsense. To take just one example: Hibs’ 9-0 aggregate defeat by Malmö was highly embarrassing not just for them but also for Scottish football. But today barely remembered outside Edinburgh. 

Cosgrove mentioned the Malmo game on Off the Ball yesterday.

kingantti1874

The bigger picture is not a few poor results. The bigger picture 100% this season was promotion. That had 

The bigger picture is various things, most of it the fans won't have a clue about. 

It's about, amongst other things - planning ahead, having a structure and not being reactive. 

It's about allowing the new football side that includes a director, Savage and a new mgt side time to have normal top flight transfer window and build on the success of promotion. 

It's not about "awbody oot". That is not any picture, never mind the bigger one. 

For the fans it's about supporting the team to allow it to grow and improve, not withholding funds because they are in a huff, therefor hindering us. 

Finally, it's about the future, not CL, not Stendel but the manager and team going forward. 

Three acceptable performances all season. That’s the bigger picture

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He does : he just ignores it so he can troll people on here.

People need to stop feeding trolls like Srb, Toque..etc of the oxygen they need to wind people up.

You just know that you aren't going to get a reasonable, balanced conversation out of them....

So why enter into any debate with them?

They have their views and opinions, fair enough!.....But their only purpose on here is the provide an unbalance , alternative, dare I say inane opposite viewpoint to others.

Put them on ignore...Let them talk to each other, they'll be happier themselves!....Starve the trolls of the attention they crave.

Neilson Out 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The bigger picture is that Ann Budge appointed Neilson on a 3 year deal with the aim to get Heart of Midlothian FC “back to where it belongs” as has been mentioned by Neilson and players in recent interviews.Which I’m presuming is a regular top 4 finish and good runs in cups.However the question that everyone apart from you and one or two others is asking is Neilson the right manager to achieve those goals,and after this season’s performances that is very unlikely.

That is the “Bigger picture “.

That’s the real summary of the bigger picture.

34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

bigger picture 

Loses to Dunfermline, Dundee, Raith, Alloa, Queen of the South, Brora Rangers.Further Dropped points to Queen of the south, Dunfermline, Morton, Arbroath, Inverness in the Space of 7 months . 

we have had 3 good wins all season, the rest of it has been turgid mince. 

The standard in this league has been absolutely brutal, and virtually every team

in the league has take points from us - embarrassing 

Good one!

It's not about just Brora

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Loved the two of them,Cathro and Neilson had good games against them too. With what he had to deal with they were remarkable victories, I may have slightly exaggerated it but pressing the life out them as we did is how I like to see us play and I was absolutely buzzing. 
Levein never beat them at home. 
Off the top of your head could you list 5 great victories at home against them? 

I’ll ignore you moving the goalposts a bit by saying at home but performance wise off the top of my head 

Allan Johnston 3-0

A game in the same season I think. Pointon scored. 

96 League cup final

98 cup final

First game of 98/99 Jim Hamilton

Burley season (battered them 1-0)

A game where Nade was brilliant. 4-2 maybe? Stewart scored a penalty 

Couple of games in the champ last time.

And both Cathro and Robbie a few years ago. 

The Stendel victories were brilliant don’t get me wrong. I can remember the cup game being pretty brutal though and couldn’t believe how bad Rangers were. 

Just now, jambali said:

Good one!

It's not about just Brora

brora was the straw that broke the camels back in the eyes of a lot of fans

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

The bigger picture is that Ann Budge appointed Neilson on a 3 year deal with the aim to get Heart of Midlothian FC “back to where it belongs” as has been mentioned by Neilson and players in recent interviews.Which I’m presuming is a regular top 4 finish and good runs in cups.However the question that everyone apart from you and one or two others is asking is Neilson the right manager to achieve those goals,and after this season’s performances that is very unlikely.

That is the “Bigger picture “.

That’s the real summary of the bigger picture.

The board is going to see that he achieved the first goal of promotion so the club moves to the next goal, which is stability in the premiership, and hopefully a top six finish.

Your idea of the big picture isn't the way the board are going to see it in the middle of a pandemic where income is stretched.

6 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

People need to stop feeding trolls like Srb, Toque..etc of the oxygen they need to wind people up.

You just know that you aren't going to get a reasonable, balanced conversation out of them....

So why enter into any debate with them?

They have their views and opinions, fair enough!.....But their only purpose on here is the provide an unbalance , alternative, dare I say inane opposite viewpoint to others.

Put them on ignore...Let them talk to each other, they'll be happier themselves!....Starve the trolls of the attention they crave.

Neilson Out 

Pretty much.  Him & his sidekick must have 800-900 posts between them on this thread - it's an obsession.  

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's the dream. The same one being kicked about by the board for the last 7 years. 

I'm not going to even go into the off the field stuff. I'll stick to the football. 

In reality we've seen the continual decline of the football operation through a succession of appalling decisions and appalling appointments. 

Recruitment has been shocking.

The academy has delivered diddly. 

'One more window' has been the continual war cry, as if next time it will be better. 

The money wasted is offensive. 

'Awbody oot'? Aye it makes as much sense as allowing the guy that signed Popescu another shot at the treasure chest. 

If it is to be about moving forward then we need to be brutal and take out the trash. Starting at the top. 

Just now, frankblack said:

The board is going to see that he achieved the first goal of promotion so the club moves to the next goal, which is stability in the premiership, and hopefully a top six finish.

Your idea of the big picture isn't the way the board are going to see it in the middle of a pandemic where income is stretched.

They are when people don’t buy season tickets.

Niemi’s gloves
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Outstanding post

Pasquale for King
Just now, DS98 said:

I’ll ignore you moving the goalposts a bit by saying at home but performance wise off the top of my head 

Allan Johnston 3-0

A game in the same season I think. Pointon scored. 

96 League cup final

98 cup final

First game of 98/99 Jim Hamilton

Burley season (battered them 1-0)

A game where Nade was brilliant. 4-2 maybe? Stewart scored a penalty 

Couple of games in the champ last time.

And both Cathro and Robbie a few years ago. 

The Stendel victories were brilliant don’t get me wrong. I can remember the cup game being pretty brutal though and couldn’t believe how bad Rangers were. 

I didn’t move any goalposts I clarified I meant home games. 
Not that many though all together though eh? Crabbe beating Goram from 20 yards at Tynie was good. 
Cup final was torture and we were garbage competed to losing the Coca Cola cup when we were great. 
I think those two I originally mentioned were more the way we played, I was jumping about like a loony and dripping in sweat 😆🙈

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

They are when people don’t buy season tickets.

When we get back into Tynie or any away game it will be via ballot so those people will be waiting a very long time to see the team again.

I doubt such a boycott will be effective given how keen people are to get back to the football.

Silvery_Moon
1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Results like Brora only tear a club apart if fans and directors over-react to them. It was an awful result but it was also something that wouldn’t have happened (in my view) if Craig Gordon had been in goal. To the best of my knowledge, no team has been asked to play a cup game with players on international duty in the 60 years I have been supporting Hearts.

It's not like Robbie Neilson's two spells at the club have exactly been littered with cup runs. I don't believe he has even made a quarter final in the two spells but happy to be corrected if wrong. He beat Hibs at Hampden and that is to his credit but I don't believe he would have got us past Falkirk if he had been in charge of that cup campaign from the start. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

When we get back into Tynie or any away game it will be via ballot so those people will be waiting a very long time to see the team again.

I doubt such a boycott will be effective given how keen people are to get back to the football.

Time will tell.

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

It's not like Robbie Neilson's two spells at the club have exactly been littered with cup runs. I don't believe he has even made a quarter final in the two spells but happy to be corrected if wrong. He beat Hibs at Hampden and that is to his credit but I don't believe he would have got us past Falkirk if he had been in charge of that cup campaign. 

From memory, he has only won one game of knockout/cup football within 90 minutes since 2016. 

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's about, amongst other things - planning ahead, having a structure and not being reactive

You mean it's all about the things AB & her board haven't been doing for the last seven years.

Planning ahead : like the club did when Neilson/Cathro/Levein all left and they hadn't got a clue what they were doing about manager recruitment or succession planning.

Never mind, it's all good, it's only taken 7 years. 

50 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So promotion is a decline? 

It's by no means the end of one. 

Hearts had been in decline for years before the relegation in 1977. Promotion in '78 did not instantly end it. Nor did promotion in '80 after another relegation.

I took massive change at boardroom level in 1981 to halt the decline. Even then patience and time was needed. It will take massive change now in the boardroom before our ills are cured, Tosh.

All imo, of course, but it's an opinion based on the last 4/5 years of decline and what's staring me in the face.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

It's not like Robbie Neilson's two spells at the club have exactly been littered with cup runs. I don't believe he has even made a quarter final in the two spells but happy to be corrected if wrong. He beat Hibs at Hampden and that is to his credit but I don't believe he would have got us past Falkirk if he had been in charge of that cup campaign from the start. 

Poor with Utd too, if irc they played Hibs last year and it was the slow laborious build up we’ve witnessed this season. 

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You mean it's all about the things AB & her board haven't been doing for the last seven years.

Planning ahead : like the club did when Neilson/Cathro/Levein all left and they hadn't got a clue what they were doing about manager recruitment or succession planning.

Never mind, it's all good, it's only taken 7 years. 

Worst runs in the clubs history for seasons outside the top 4, in the top flight: 

1906 to 1911 - 5 years

1915 to 1920 - 5 years

1970 to 1985 - 15 years  

2016 to 2021 - 5 years 

If we fail to finish top 4 next year it will be officially the 2nd worst run in the clubs history. 

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

Worst runs in the clubs history for seasons outside the top 4, in the top flight: 

1906 to 1911 - 5 years

1915 to 1920 - 5 years

1970 to 1985 - 15 years  

2016 to 2021 - 5 years 

If we fail to finish top 4 next year it will be officially the 2nd worst run in the clubs history. 

Fail to finish top 4?  There is nothing like setting unreasonable targets to have something to moan about.

Top 6 would be a fair season.

24 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Outstanding post

Aye, but not in a good way.

Which is quite an achievement.

Randy Marsh
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Fail to finish top 4?  There is nothing like setting unreasonable targets to have something to moan about.

Unreasonable targets? :rofl:

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

We still have a hell of a lot of fighting to do to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I think many people are missing it, mate. There’s every chance we won’t float to the top 3, 4 next season and if that is the case, we won’t be far of a decade of mediocrity for most part by the time we get our act together(if we do!).

I’m going to cut a bit slack and say the admin period naturally interferes with the stability of a club, but what’s the excuse for the last 3, 4 years?  

Even if you wanted to include season 11-12 when we finished 5th in the table, it’s been 10 seasons of inconsistency.  As the lad said on the podcast on Sportsound, Hearts standing in the game has taken a big dent.  That’s what happens when you accept mediocrity and people become blasé.

I think you raise very good points. At this present time we are not a top club in this country and haven’t been for years. Folk hope for improvement rather than expect it. The last good run of results, at the level we think we should be at, ended on the 3rd November 2018. 

Niemi’s gloves

Personally, I admire SRB’s ability to stand up to narrow group-think and respond rationally in the face of persistent provocation. 

glynnlondon
2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Personally, I admire SRB’s ability to stand up to narrow group-think and respond rationally in the face of persistent provocation. 

Doubt it's narrow group think that'll be the dwindling support for Neilson a dead duck if ever I've seen one

13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Why? So Rangers and Celtic finish above us. Who else? Aberdeen and Hibs. Then a club on a fraction of our budget and with far less resources? So we concede we can’t match Hibs and can’t get to a league position our budget suggests we should? Is that really what we’ve become?

Edit. Unless your factoring in how poor RN is. If that’s the case I apologise as I’ve misinterpreted your post. I’d also agree, I’d take 8th right now with robbie in charge. 

Edited by GinRummy

Niemi’s gloves
11 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye, but not in a good way.

Which is quite an achievement.

as I said above (accidentally omitting the quote) I admire SRB’s ability to stand up to narrow group think and respond rationally in the face of persistent provocation. 

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, martoon said:

It's by no means the end of one. 

Hearts had been in decline for years before the relegation in 1977. Promotion in '78 did not instantly end it. Nor did promotion in '80 after another relegation.

I took massive change at boardroom level in 1981 to halt the decline. Even then patience and time was needed. It will take massive change now in the boardroom before our ills are cured, Tosh.

All imo, of course, but it's an opinion based on the last 4/5 years of decline and what's staring me in the face.

It's a start. 

Unless you have a crystal ball you have no idea what wil happen next under Robbie or another. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

as I said above (accidentally omitting the quote) I admire SRB’s ability to stand up to narrow group thing and respond rationally in the face of persistent provocation. 

Except Tosh doesn't stand up to group think. Rather, he has a crack at other fans who have a different opinion and meantime will claim he doesn't care if Neilson is sacked or not.

CloustonHMFC
1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

Neilson Out

Bro...putting 'Neilson Out' at the end of every post isn't going to make it happen any quicker...

1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

as I said above (accidentally omitting the quote) I admire SRB’s ability to stand up to narrow group thing and respond rationally in the face of persistent provocation. 

I like Tosh.

We get on well despite having vastly contrasting opinions at times.

But, if there's one punter who has his finger on the pulse of Hearts and her supporters, it isn't him.

7 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

He’s a good poster and his opinion is as valid as anyone else’s. 

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Bro...putting 'Neilson Out' at the end of every post isn't going to make it happen any quicker...

Fair point!

It's a start. 

Unless you have a crystal ball you have no idea what wil happen next under Robbie or another. 

Hence the imo.

We'll leave it here, bud, if that's okay with you.

9 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Unreasonable targets? :rofl:

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Why? So Rangers and Celtic finish above us. Who else? Aberdeen and Hibs. Then a club on a fraction of our budget and with far less resources? So we concede we can’t match Hibs and can’t get to a league position our budget suggests we should? Is that really what we’ve become?

So, you think we can get our defence fixed with two quality centre-halves, acquire at least one decent winger, and strengthen the midfield to have a side that is more consistent from the start of next season than the likes of Motherwell, Livi, St Johnstone?

We clearly need cover in other positions for injuries to add to that with no backups for Kingsley or Smith at full-back, and perhaps one other striker to challenge the front two.

Some people have their heads up their asses when it comes to assessing the expectations of the team.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

So, you think we can get our defence fixed with two quality centre-halves, acquire at least one decent winger, and strengthen the midfield to have a side that is more consistent from the start of next season than the likes of Motherwell, Livi, St Johnstone?

We clearly need cover in other positions for injuries to add to that with no backups for Kingsley or Smith at full-back, and perhaps one other striker to challenge the front two.

Some people have their heads up their asses when it comes to assessing the expectations of the team.

It would help if we can clear out a significant amount of dead wood. No matter who is in charge, that's the top priority. People like Halkett need chased.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

And some have their heads up there arses when it comes to assessing our issues.

Just now, frankblack said:

I think with the right manager we have a great chance of that yes. Motherwell have had an awful season. Livingston are a tiny club who are more hamstrung than us because if anybody comes in for any of their players they are gone. Which leaves, in my opinion obv, it being unrealistic to expect to finish above St Johnstone? Really? 

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It would help if we can clear out a significant amount of dead wood. No matter who is in charge, that's the top priority. People like Halkett need chased.

Agreed - first and foremost you need defenders that don't consistently ship cheap goals against any opposition.