Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Geoff Kilpatrick
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Because we are Hearts supporters?

Well done Dave. Perhaps before you jump into your jammies, maybe read the posts from Toque and Tosh first about welcoming the fact that people won't renew?

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

davemclaren
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Well done Dave. Perhaps before you jump into your jammies, maybe read the posts from Toque and Tosh first about welcoming the fact that people won't renew?

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I can my talk for them. When did you last renew?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I can my talk for them. When did you last renew?

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I'm here as well.

and while he is our manager, it's best to get behind him. He does have from for at least being consistent in the league, that would be a good starting place for us given the time since he left us last. If he can even get us top 6, then we can then move on from there. Personally I think we'll be top 4, but either or- stabilise in the league then go form there.

The nicknames and slagging he gets is beyond the pale tho. Tragic.

Stendel is not the answer, unless the question was - how can things get worse than they were under CL?

Ah still banging your drum that Stendel was worse than Levein eh.

When Stendel came in it as like asking him to Captain the Titanic after it had hit the iceberg!

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We were 11th, just off bottom on goal difference when he took over. He oversaw two of the best performances against Rangers any of us have ever seen. 
As for the St Mirren game nobody knew what was happening, the threads on here were regurgitated recently and it wasn’t even mentioned. 
As for the St Mirren game the team he took over just weren’t fit enough to play their 4th in 11 days.
Anyone paying attention saw us peak against Rangers on the Saturday, beat Hibs Tuesday, look leggy v Motherwell on the Saturday and awful against the midden. He can’t be blamed for that, or Halkett and Dikamona not being able to deal with a crap long ball, or the officials miss the Obika handball. 

I know it’s easy to try and exaggerate certain things to suit an argument, but surely even you don’t actually believe that? 

14 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Tosh doesn’t get it. Never has, never will. Wasting your time. 

The decline has stopped and we will be top 4 next year don’t you know 🙈

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

As for the St Mirren game nobody knew what was happening, the threads on here were regurgitated recently and it wasn’t even mentioned

The myth that 'everyone knew' the St Mirren game was effectively a relegation play-off before the game, has gained traction recently.

Here's the match day thread, I saw one person in about 30 pages raising the possibility of football being suspended prior to kick off.

The rewriting of history to suit a particular agenda would make Big Brother blush.

Edited by fancy a brew

5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Ah still banging your drum that Stendel was worse than Levein eh.

When Stendel came in it as like asking him to Captain the Titanic after it had hit the iceberg!

How about they were equally pish? 

It pains me to look over the road but think back to when us and Hibs were stuck at the bottom of the league. We both got rid of failing managers. They brought in a bland, boring ****wit who had just failed miserably down south in Jack Ross. We brought in a supposed exciting, innovative hungry manager in DS.  

Both started out with their team near the bottom. Ross had Hibs in 6th when the season stopped, Stendel sunk us even further. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
15 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

The myth that 'everyone knew' the St Mirren game was effectively a relegation play-off before the game, has gained traction recently.

Here's the match day thread, I saw one person in about 30 pages raising the possibility of football being suspended prior to kick off.

The rewriting of history to suit a particular agenda would make Big Brother blush.

Not only that but it's convenient to overlook that Scotland was one of the few top flights that didn't make any effort to restart its top flight post the first lockdown.

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, theshed said:

The decline has stopped and we will be top 4 next year don’t you know 🙈

Just need another 2 centre backs, 3 midfielders, a striker and a back up keeper and we are sorted 😂

sandylejambo

Will the people rooting for Neilson explain the results against Brora and Alloa and let us know if these and most other performances since the start of the year have been acceptable. If these results are not acceptable why are you accepting them and if they are acceptable your at the madam and please go away. There are NO reasons to keep Neilson in his position as manager, the main reason for sacking him is HE CANT MANAGE. 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fair enough. But to read fans berating him, that backed Levein and now Neilson, without accepting the circumstances he inherited annoys me. I’m not sure any manger could’ve kept that squad up to be honest. 

Reading fans berating Levein and now Neilson without accepting that Stendel more than played his part in our demise annoys me.

He didn’t exactly do himself any favours by continuing to play JP in goals or by signing Langer and Avdijaj. The results v Rangers and Hibs showed he could get the team playing....but as he’s clearly a one trick pony his style of play wasn’t suitable against the teams who were in and around us at the bottom.

He didn’t win enough points in the ‘6 pointer’ matches.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We were 11th, just off bottom on goal difference when he took over. He oversaw two of the best performances against Rangers any of us have ever seen. 
As for the St Mirren game nobody knew what was happening, the threads on here were regurgitated recently and it wasn’t even mentioned. 
As for the St Mirren game the team he took over just weren’t fit enough to play their 4th in 11 days.
Anyone paying attention saw us peak against Rangers on the Saturday, beat Hibs Tuesday, look leggy v Motherwell on the Saturday and awful against the midden. He can’t be blamed for that, or Halkett and Dikamona not being able to deal with a crap long ball, or the officials miss the Obika handball. 

Even as a Stendel backer, I never put those last four results in that overall context. I just put the St Mirren result squarely down as the type of away performance that has become the norm for us since long before Stendel arrived. This is the mentality at the club that needs to be fixed (something I actually think McIness could address given his proven success grinding out away results against the rest).

I still think Stendel would've kept us up had the season been completed.

I still think Stendel should have been retained.

We are where we are now though. The manager can't salvage this. If Budge is not going to remove Robbie, then the FOH should be aware of their members feelings and drive for the change to be made. 

Edited by blairdin

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I know it’s easy to try and exaggerate certain things to suit an argument, but surely even you don’t actually believe that? 

Loved the two of them,Cathro and Neilson had good games against them too. With what he had to deal with they were remarkable victories, I may have slightly exaggerated it but pressing the life out them as we did is how I like to see us play and I was absolutely buzzing. 
Levein never beat them at home. 
Off the top of your head could you list 5 great victories at home against them? 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Reading fans berating Levein and now Neilson without accepting that Stendel more than played his part in our demise annoys me.

He didn’t exactly do himself any favours by continuing to play JP in goals or by signing Langer and Avdijaj. The results v Rangers and Hibs showed he could get the team playing....but as he’s clearly a one trick pony his style of play wasn’t suitable against the teams who were in and around us at the bottom.

He didn’t win enough points in the ‘6 pointer’ matches.

Have you ever seen me dispute he played his part? Better to be a one trick pony than have none like Levein and Neilson, who try everything and still fail I suppose. 

Unknown user
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why can't the manager be blamed for a pathetic display against St Mirren?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Even as a Stendel backer, I never put those last four results in that overall context. I just put the St Mirren result squarely down as the type of away performance that has become the norm for us since long before Stendel arrived. This is mentality at the club that needs to be fixed (something I actually think McIness could address given his proven success grinding out away results against the rest).

I still think Stendel would've kept us up had the season been completed.

I still think Stendel should have been retained.

We are where we are now though. The manager can't salvage this. If Budge is not going to remove Robbie, then the FOH should be aware of their members feelings and drive for the change to be made. 

Agreed. My nephew is an UEFA pro license coach and it was him noticed they were leggy as he put it against Motherwell. 
We are where we are as you say and no matter what we think about Stendel he’s gone now and his replacement needs to go to. 
We can then argue about the next guy, Mcinnes is an upgrade but in a similar vein to CL/RN, I think we need to cast the net further afield. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Why can't the manager be blamed for a pathetic display against St Mirren?

Was that explanation not enough? I said he can’t be blamed for their poor fitness.  I’m sure he did all he could to get the team up for it but ultimately it wasn’t enough, for that you can say he failed and he paid the price. Did Levein or Neilson pay the same price for their disastrous defeats? 

Edited by Pasquale for King
More info

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So, let's say Budge still does her usual and protects those she knows.

Anyone who bought a ST this year is still getting 4 games next season due to the league shenanigans without the need to buy a new ST. Why is anyone going to buy an ST when you can basically judge if Neilson's special brand of turgid continues into the next season for nothing?

Hearts supporters and the club needs cash to buy new players. 

Personally I pass on the 4 free  games if asked. 

Also, I want  a better seat, so if the few folk do as promised and don't renew then  I'll hopefully get a better seat. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Have you ever seen me dispute he played his part? Better to be a one trick pony than have none like Levein and Neilson, who try everything and still fail I suppose. 

If only Ann had been as ruthless with Craig as she was with Daniel. 

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Yeah that grew arms and legs didn’t it? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

If only Ann had been as ruthless with Craig as she was with Daniel. 

Indeed. Or with Wobbly Bob now. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was that explanation not enough? I’m sure he did all he could to get the team up for it but ultimately it wasn’t enough, for that you can say he failed and he paid the price. Did Levein or Neilson pay the same price for their disastrous defeats? 

So Stendel gets credit for beating hibs and rangers, but when we get beat it's a shrug of the shoulders. 

Neilson hasn't had any disastrous defeats, embarrassing - yes, but not disastrous. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

But it wasn’t better being a one trick pony.....his one trick pony show took us to the bottom of the league and that ultimately led to our demotion. His one trick pony show won us only 3 points from a possible 18 against the teams around us.

How is that better ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So Stendel gets credit for beating hibs and rangers, but when we get beat it's a shrug of the shoulders. 

[B]

Neilson hasn't had any disastrous defeats, embarrassing - yes, but not disastrous. [/B]

Yep, that lost cup run revenue is simply embarrassing and not disastrous.

:cornette:

Auldbenches
44 minutes ago, DS98 said:

How about they were equally pish? 

It pains me to look over the road but think back to when us and Hibs were stuck at the bottom of the league. We both got rid of failing managers. They brought in a bland, boring ****wit who had just failed miserably down south in Jack Ross. We brought in a supposed exciting, innovative hungry manager in DS.  

Both started out with their team near the bottom. Ross had Hibs in 6th when the season stopped, Stendel sunk us even further. 

I think you have to take into account the start stendel had with not having any of his own backroom staff.  That and co ing into a sinking ship in another country.  Levein gets excused because of injuries etc but none of this seems to matter. 

You're spot on about what Ross done in that time, but that just shows the club got it wrong again. 

Levein definitely done more damage than stendel, ir anyone has.  

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Has rab fecked off yet? Will be back next week to check again.

:getout:

No I’m still here 😜, as is Robbie/Jobbie/Gobbie/Rob/Bob etc. 
Has any Hearts manager ever had so many names 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈😆?!?!

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Neilson hasn't had any disastrous defeats, embarrassing - yes, but not disastrous. 

we are out of two cups to brora and alloa , is that not disastrous enough for you.

Auldbenches
Just now, whyskey said:

we are out of two cups to brora and alloa , is that not disastrous enough for you.

End of the decline. 

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was that explanation not enough? I’m sure he did all he could to get the team up for it but ultimately it wasn’t enough, for that you can say he failed and he paid the price. Did Levein or Neilson pay the same price for their disastrous defeats? 

No, it wasn't.

Let's not move away from the point, I don't think I've ever seen it accepted on here that responsibility for a pathetic display could be taken away from the manager because we'd just played Motherwell and a couple of games before.

The game was, what, 4 months, a full transfer window and winter break after he took over? Does he not have responsibility for the team's fitness by this point?

And what about St Mirren? It was their fourth game in 12 days and came after a visit to parkhead. Is there really justification for Dan getting a pass for such an insipid display?

I'd say no.

Edited by Smithee

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

🤦🏻‍♂️

Funny how this conversation always get's turned on it's head!

Stendel's short tenure has nothing to do with the incompetent management of Hearts which starts, and continues at the top.
But it sums up everything that's been wrong these past 6 years, culminating in the gross neglect and apathetic nature shown to the football side of the business by Ann Budge.
She couldn't even get the appointment of Stendel right!.....Away on holiday during a crisis. Levein stinking out the place. inability, or reluctance to appoint a proper DoF.....Need I go on?.....The evidence is damning!

Stendel is gone. There is no point in digging up the past.

We should be focussing on the issues at the club today. There is no vision for the club. There has been no vision for some time. Budge unfortunately lacks the ambition to lead, or promote a club the size of Hearts.
Her uninspiring reappointment of Neilson reinforces that viewpoint. We have to face facts, she is not busting a gut to get the best for HMFC. 

Stendel is long gone. He is just another casualty in the long line of Budge's visionary appointments. To deflect blame onto him for this seasons shortcomings is just sheer laziness on the part of those who cannot see what is facing HMFC under the direction and control of Budge and Neilson.

It's time to drop the Stendel chat!  

Neilson Out

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, fila said:

been posting similar for along time , it’s a sad situation for the club . We will unfortunately make the same mistakes during this transfer window , having said that if we are wrong , I will gladly eat a huge slice of humble pie  

We have to hope that if he’s given the start of next season then Savage will recruit players that can adapt to a new manager coming in, he must know RN is likely to be replaced. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Stendel's short tenure has nothing to do with the incompetent management of Hearts which starts, and continues at the top.
But it sums up everything that's been wrong these past 6 years, culminating in the gross neglect and apathetic nature shown to the football side of the business by Ann Budge.
She couldn't even get the appointment of Stendel right!.....Away on holiday during a crisis. Levein stinking out the place. inability, or reluctance to appoint a proper DoF.....Need I go on?.....The evidence is damning!

We should be focussing on the issues at the club today. There is no vision for the club. There has been no vision for some time. Budge unfortunately lacks the ambition to lead, or promote a club the size of Hearts.
Her uninspiring reappointment of Neilson reinforces that viewpoint. We have to face facts, she is not busting a gut to get the best for HMFC. 

Stendel is long gone. He is just another casualty in the long line of Budge's visionary appointments. To deflect blame onto him for this seasons shortcomings is just sheer laziness on the part of those who cannot see what is facing HMFC under the direction and control of Budge and Neilson.

Neilson Out

Spot on. 

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hearts are now the club with the most embarrassing defeat in the history of Scottish football. 

that is a disastrous blow to the clubs reputation no matter how much you or the club try and gloss over it. 

If the players aren’t fit enough to play a high pressing system each week.......you don’t play a high pressing system each week.

If a GK can’t save shots.....you don’t play him just because he can kick.

Stendels lack of awareness over these two very simple things should be more than enough for anyone to concede that overall he did a poor job in his time here.

7 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Neilson Out

👏 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hearts are now the club with the most embarrassing defeat in the history of Scottish football. 

that is a disastrous blow to the clubs reputation no matter how much you or the club try and gloss over it. 

Absolutely.....However, the pseudo supporters on this forum will just see Brora as a bump on the road towards champions league football with Neilson leading from the front.

I really question the sanity of some on here!

Neilson Out

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, it wasn't.

Let's not move away from the point, I don't think I've ever seen it accepted on here that responsibility for a pathetic display could be taken away from the manager because we'd just played Motherwell and a couple of games before.

The game was, what, 4 months, a full transfer window and winter break after he took over? Does he not have responsibility for the team's fitness by this point?

And what about St Mirren? It was their fourth game in 12 days and came after a visit to parkhead. Is there really justification for Dan getting a pass for such an insipid display?

I'd say no.

Three months.
Anyone that knows anything about football will tell you it’s impossible to get a teams fitness up during the season, that’s why they have a pre season and you keep it at that level. 
He was trying to find players also, we were told that the plans for January were ready to go with Budge and Lebrun going to Manchester to talk to City. What were CL and AM actually doing at that time 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️
St Mirren had that base fitness, they also rotated their team at Celtic and took a 5 nil defeat quite happily. 

It’s all been covered before, the nasty German is away and we have Leviens protege to deal with now. 
You backed Levein if irc, you backing his boy or have you opened your eyes?

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Did I say it was a shrug of the shoulders? There were many reasons for that defeat. 
What were Leveins for the livi result? Neilsons for Birkikara/Alloa/Brora or some of the other ones I’ve no doubt forgot. 
He’s responsible for the worst result in the clubs history.

Edited by Pasquale for King

kingantti1874

The continual harking back to Stendel is simple deflection. He had his chance, we liked him but ultimately he failed, he is never ever coming back! Whether he would have been better than neilson is irrelevant. We will never find out.

but we do know we can and should be able to find a manager who is better than neilson and can take us forward. He has also had his chance

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The decline has stopped.

Any reasonable poster would know that.

:4_1_72:

Stop it, Tosh. Please. I'm hurting.

:rofl:

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Three months.
Anyone that knows anything about football will tell you it’s impossible to get a teams fitness up during the season, that’s why they have a pre season and you keep it at that level. 
He was trying to find players also, we were told that the plans for January were ready to go with Budge and Lebrun going to Manchester to talk to City. What were CL and AM actually doing at that time 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️
St Mirren had that base fitness, they also rotated their team at Celtic and took a 5 nil defeat quite happily. 

It’s all been covered before, the nasty German is away and we have Leviens protege to deal with now. 
You backed Levein if irc, you backing his boy or have you opened your eyes?

Took over 10th December, St Mirren game 12th March, fair enough. But he also had a transfer window and winter break, times where you absolutely can upgrade the fitness of your team.

I know he's away, I don't really care for the debate to be honest, but it does irritate me when people absolve him from blame. He was the man in charge at st mirren, the buck stops at his desk. He tried to change too much at a sensitive time and made some serious errors of judgement along the way.

Niemi’s gloves
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Total exaggeration. Every big club has had one or more embarrassing defeats at some point. In a year’s time it will be barely remembered by anyone outside Brora and the JKB clique of Robbie-haters and Budge-haters

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Took over 10th December, St Mirren game 12th March, fair enough. But he also had a transfer window and winter break, times where you absolutely can upgrade the fitness of your team.

I know he's away, I don't really care for the debate to be honest, but it does irritate me when people absolve him from blame. He was the man in charge at st mirren, the buck stops at his desk. He tried to change too much at a sensitive time and made some serious errors of judgement along the way.

Changes that needed made, we were joint bottom of the league when he took over. 
He should never have been hired as that squad weren’t capable of playing his style, again that’s not his fault that’s on the clueless Budge.  Having said that we had three managers try everything possible to get a tune out the squad CL amassed and fail, I’m not convinced anyone could. 
The only defence you can make for Neilson is that he still has some of these players, if he had signed better players then his 13 might well have compensated better for this. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Total exaggeration. Every big club has had one or more embarrassing defeats at some point. In a year’s time it will be barely remembered by anyone outside Brora and the JKB clique of Robbie-haters and Budge-haters

It was on the U.K. national news ffs, the single worst result in the clubs history.
Folk still talk about Berwick Rangers beating Rangers in 1967 some 54 years later.