Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Ah the real Hearts fan stuff. No real Hearts fan would want hibs to win the cup no matter the circumstances. Anyway.....

I think he’ll be here next season and like most I would be over the moon if he had success. Recruitment once more at Hearts is going to be crucial and I have no faith we’ll get it right but really hope I’m wrong. 

We seem stuck in a cycle of negativity because the club keep making poor footballing decisions. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Boris said:

So the Chairs fault for not recruiting properly after RN walked out, and Levein emptied (too late, imo) therefore another poor decision from the Chair.

Time will tell if it's a poor decision. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, brux said:

Ah, the old if you don't bash the club at every opportunity you are complicit in any demise and it's your fault and a happy clapper.

Yip. 

Ann oot

Robbie oot 

Stadium oot

Wummens fitba oot

Players oot

Everything oot. 

33 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

A lot of Fans thought it was the wrong appointment to begin with. Having watched the most eye bleeding ponderous attempts to play football, they have been proved right. (apart from a handful of games)

Neilson had a chance to prove the Doubters wrong, but failed miserably. If our form had continued after the opening fixture against Dundee, there is no doubt in my mind Neilson would have won over a large percentage of them. As it is, he has merely proved their judgement to be correct.

Sorry I just don't believe that, there were guys on here absolutely raging even when we were playing well, undefeated and scoring freely. For some, there was no way Nielson was ever going to be accepted

Berra than you
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

12k fans behind the team. Is better than 13k with 1000 arseholes slagging everything in maroon imo. 

Whilst your point is valid, I really don't think some of that 12k wouldn't be booing also. Obviously there are some fans that will never be pleased, and some that will be cheerleaders regardless. Imo the cast majority of fans are much more balanced, and subject to what we have to watch over the last few months, I don't think many would be overly happy.

14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

he can't even get goals out of Shankland. Neilson turned him into a Scotland international and 3m-rated striker (apparently) if we think back to last season.

In the championship.

And Neilson didn't turn him into anything - he was battering the goals in for Ayr before he was touched by the hand of Rob.

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Let's be clear here, I want Nelson gone, the football has at times been turgid and while I have some sympathy that a LOT of senior players have let this club down again, he is past the point of no return.

But let's not beat around the bush, some fans wanted him gone even when we were skelping 6 past Dundee. They did not want him back and were never going to judge from their stance, they have been vocal against Nielson from day 1. Even if we went the whole season unbeaten in the league, even if we scored 3 goals every single game, probably even if we had won the Scottish cup, this group of fans would not have been happy until Nelson is gone.

It's very strange behaviour, I want what is best for Hearts, I want us to play with energy, fight and some flair and that has been alcking for some time...but hating a guy who has such a long assoywith the club, who got us promoted twice?...all very strange 

Great Post and will annoy a few as it will hit a nerve. 

They know who they are and imo were looking for a Brora type result just so thier cause would gain momentum. 

Robbie could be sacked for the Brora result imo, I would understand that and I'd get behind the new mgt team. 

Folk have a right to be concerned. 

I also understand that with promotion secured, he could get next season. I'll also get behind him and the team and unlike some hope we do well and not wait for a poor result or form in order to beat the same drum they will beat no matter what happens. 

Hopefully these folk do as promised if that happens and stay away from Tynecastle, maybe not watch the eye bleeding football at all. 

If a certain group do that then Tynecastle and jkb will be better for it. 

They can watch man citehh or Utd, apparently. 🙄

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Whilst your point is valid, I really don't think some of that 12k wouldn't be booing also. Obviously there are some fans that will never be pleased, and some that will be cheerleaders regardless. Imo the cast majority of fans are much more balanced, and subject to what we have to watch over the last few months, I don't think many would be overly happy.

Perfectly fine and normal. 

But they'll also follow the form, not hold the personal vendetta to the point of being rabid no matter what. 

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Perfectly fine and normal. 

But they'll also follow the form, not hold the personal vendetta to the point of being rabid no matter what. 

Think this is an issue with Robbie, and tbh, is one of the reasons it surprised me when we got him back. Back to the fans behind the team comment, I guess that's where the boards decision lies. Get rid of the management team and start afresh (in my opinion a new manager would be afforded more slack from the fans) or keep what we have and hope we turn it around. Whilst both are gambles, imo the latter is a gamble I wouldn't want to make.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Think this is an issue with Robbie, and tbh, is one of the reasons it surprised me when we got him back. Back to the fans behind the team comment, I guess that's where the boards decision lies. Get rid of the management team and start afresh (in my opinion a new manager would be afforded more slack from the fans) or keep what we have and hope we turn it around. Whilst both are gambles, imo the latter is a gamble I wouldn't want to make.

Yip, that is the choice. 

Very fair, I see merit in both. 

No matter what I'll support the team and manager and hope we can do things next season. 

Can't wait to get to a football match Tbh. 

Gordon Ramsay

I'm sorry but I don't see how 3 dead rubbers will make the final decision, complete nonsense. 

He'll be here next season no matter what. 

I still think we're only a couple of players away from a decent top flight team. We've seen what having Soutter back can do. Logan has done OK and am cautiously optimistic Haring is on his way back. Next season we should have a fit Ginnelly. 

I'd hope we push the boat out for two top drawer midfielders - rather than 6 or 7 average players.

could be all that's needed - regardless of who the manager is.

1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

I still think we're only a couple of players away from a decent top flight team. We've seen what having Soutter back can do. Logan has done OK and am cautiously optimistic Haring is on his way back. Next season we should have a fit Ginnelly. 

I'd hope we push the boat out for two top drawer midfielders - rather than 6 or 7 average players.

Agreed!

Just let them be be coached by someone who knows what they are doing!

Neilson Out

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Time will tell if it's a poor decision. 

I was referring to post RN v1.0, then Levein v2.0. when you said "...I said things could get worse."

My point is that the board has made catastrophic managerial appointments. My worry is that hanging on to RN may well be another one.

I agree time will tell regards RN at the moment, but evaluating post RN v1.0 it's pretty clear the decision making process was terrible. Which doesn't fill me with confidence going forward.

Rogue Daddy
22 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Yep, good post.... I think you're on the money here.

I was happy to give RN next season but following the Brora result and the poor response in the two games that followed, I'm really not sure he has the backing of the team, so I think a change is required. Not only that, the silence from our club is deafening... not too sure what's going on with that. And what has come out has been of a condescending tone.

Both the club and RN, in the last few months, have not covered themselves in glory. In fact, I get the distinct impression there's a 'them and us' feel about the whole situation at the moment... and NOT what's required going into next season.

Last weeks result and performance against Alloa was refreshing but I wouldn't put it past RN to change things again when we play Morton - and I think this is a big part of Robbies problem, he's too stubborn (dare I even suggest he would change things just to stick it to us fans?.. probably not, but it's the 'unhealthy' undertones that seem to be niggling me at the moment.) I wouldn't change anything and I'm expecting to see (over the last 3 games) the same level of commitment and performance (or better) from the team... anything less will prove we only have sporadic 'decent' games in us, which is nowhere near good enough for us and the premier league.

1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

What leads you to believe that it's all getting swept under the carpet?
I'm not disagreeing with you, nor do I have any ITK evidence to suggest alternative action. Budge has gone into full lockdown mode, hardly the reaction of someone to come out to defend their, or employees positions!

As a matter of fact there is more news coming out of Tynecastle regarding our "illustrious" cafe than there is about the football!  
Securing promotion got about 3 lines on the official website...About as low key as it could get. 

Something is brewing behind locked doors at Tynecastle. No full support, or endorsement of Neilson. FoH are keeping silent. Something has to give, or someone needs to break ranks. Personally, I think this saga has some way to go yet. May could be a pivotal month. If, as I believe when Neilson does leave. The new guy will need as much time as possible to prepare for the August league start.
This is just another chapter that we need to close, and close quickly under the leadership of Queen Ann (sic!)...

Neilson Out

Ann is probably too busy mulling over the wording of her ludicrously underachieving, mission statement of targets for Robbie for next season. Win atleast 1 game against part time lower league opposition in the League Cup, reach the 5th round of the Scottish Cup and consolidate our position in the league ( 6 -9th) will be acceptable. 

Berra than you
5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I was happy to give RN next season but following the Brora result and the poor response in the two games that followed, I'm really not sure he has the backing of the team, so I think a change is required

This is where I am at aswell. The silence also is interesting from the club. As the 🐍 said, Budge has not publicly backed Neilson, which she did do with Levein under similar circumstances. Imo something is going on behind closed doors, what the outcome of that will be is anyone's guess.

Rogue Daddy
7 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

This is where I am at aswell. The silence also is interesting from the club. As the 🐍 said, Budge has not publicly backed Neilson, which she did do with Levein under similar circumstances. Imo something is going on behind closed doors, what the outcome of that will be is anyone's guess.

You may well be right.... on the other hand, maybe Ann dissnae want her windaes tanned in by backing him!

It's a funny/odd situation for the board. Do they sack the manager that was tasked with getting back to the prem at first time of asking?... which he did! Or have they listened to the fans enraged at the squandered monies over the last 5 years that have led us to the Championship?

To appease the fans in these circumstances, I don't think a McInnes or Neil cuts it... to get a decent return on the funding given, I think we'd have to be looking at a Moyes, Gerrard or Ranieri type. Would/could we attract that level of manager?... at least they wouldn't crap the bed when visiting the uglies. But I just wonder if the board are thinking along these lines ie. to get us pesky fans of their backs, they need to come out with something special, because squandering another 60mil would be catastrophic.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Boris said:

I was referring to post RN v1.0, then Levein v2.0. when you said "...I said things could get worse."

My point is that the board has made catastrophic managerial appointments. My worry is that hanging on to RN may well be another one.

I agree time will tell regards RN at the moment, but evaluating post RN v1.0 it's pretty clear the decision making process was terrible. Which doesn't fill me with confidence going forward.

Savage, JJ, new ceo chap and RN and his team are all very much it's infancy. 

Massive changes were made last summer. 

Hanging on may well be a mistake, we won't know. 

I don't think it will be catastrophic either way , but it might not get us to where we want. 

It might do tho and changing, again could be worse. 

No one can know. 

42 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

I'm sorry but I don't see how 3 dead rubbers will make the final decision, complete nonsense. 

He'll be here next season no matter what. 

He will be......and thousands of empty seats aswell.

40 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

We are only short of about three or four top quality players.....and that is the problem, we won't sign them. Instead of going out and showing some ambition we'll be signing more of the same shite. I'd rather we spent £6k a week each on three or four quality players instead of ten "squad" players who'd be taking the same wage total out of Hearts plus bloating the squad and starving youth some game-time/bench-time.

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

Let's be clear here, I want Nelson gone, the football has at times been turgid and while I have some sympathy that a LOT of senior players have let this club down again, he is past the point of no return.

But let's not beat around the bush, some fans wanted him gone even when we were skelping 6 past Dundee. They did not want him back and were never going to judge from their stance, they have been vocal against Nielson from day 1. Even if we went the whole season unbeaten in the league, even if we scored 3 goals every single game, probably even if we had won the Scottish cup, this group of fans would not have been happy until Nelson is gone.

It's very strange behaviour, I want what is best for Hearts, I want us to play with energy, fight and some flair and that has been alcking for some time...but hating a guy who has such a long assoywith the club, who got us promoted twice?...all very strange 

Fair point but the two main cheerleaders on here have seized on this to make out ANY criticism of Neilson is simply from haters who never gave him a fair chance 2nd time around and they absolutely refuse to acknowledge the bigger picture of the steady decline at the club for the last 5 years. Going by my small group of Jambos down here : no one wanted him binned the first time and no one was really all that excited about his return but the cheerleaders want us all to believe (like they do) that there's a massive hate campaign. But there isn't. 

Basically, if people stopped "hating", everything would be fine : after 7 years & £60 million. Neilson is another symptom of everything that is wrong at the club. 

Jambof3tornado

Nothing changes until Ann Budge leaves. Far too accepting of mediocrity. We are throwing hundreds of thousands of our hard earned into this club and for what, to see us demoted in an unfinished season because we were the worst team when covid hit?

A 5 year plan which has failed to see any progress where it matters...on the pitch, an owner who is so disconnected to the fans she left Levein in position for so long all he did was damage us further still. She will in my opinion fail to take action once again and we will have ANOTHER transitional season.

Cant wait to get back into Tynecastle but not with Neilson and Budge running things.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Fair point but the two main cheerleaders on here have seized on this to make out ANY criticism of Neilson is simply from haters who never gave him a fair chance 2nd time around and they absolutely refuse to acknowledge the bigger picture of the steady decline at the club for the last 5 years. Going by my small group of Jambos down here : no one wanted him binned the first time and no one was really all that excited about his return but the cheerleaders want us all to believe (like they do) that there's a massive hate campaign. But there isn't. 

Basically, if people stopped "hating", everything would be fine : after 7 years & £60 million. Neilson is another symptom of everything that is wrong at the club. 

Great post.

The conflation that criticism=hate is Goebbels-esque.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Nothing changes until Ann Budge leaves. Far too accepting of mediocrity. We are throwing hundreds of thousands of our hard earned into this club and for what, to see us demoted in an unfinished season because we were the worst team when covid hit?

Cant wait to get back into Tynecastle but not with Neilson and Budge running things.

Exactly how I feel. 

1 hour ago, gowestjambo said:

A lot of Fans thought it was the wrong appointment to begin with. Having watched the most eye bleeding ponderous attempts to play football, they have been proved right. (apart from a handful of games)

Neilson had a chance to prove the Doubters wrong, but failed miserably. If our form had continued after the opening fixture against Dundee, there is no doubt in my mind Neilson would have won over a large percentage of them. As it is, he has merely proved their judgement to be correct.

I couldn't believe it when i heard that Neilson had been brought back. It reminded me of all the points dropped late in games try to play out a game rather than go for another goal to finish teams off. So many dodgy substitutions. When the final whistle blew there was a lot of unsatisfactory fans in the stands at the end of games. It also reminded me of the day i'd heard we'd signed Conor Sammon, furious is an understatement. The most important thing to remember is that there was no big outcry when he walked away from Hearts. That says quite a lot. We need to stop going backwards and try something different. If not, we'll still be having the same comments on these pages in another three years time. 

georgiehearts66
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

12k fans behind the team. Is better than 13k with 1000 arseholes slagging everything in maroon imo. 

Very true

Seymour M Hersh
17 minutes ago, Boris said:

Great post.

Or even Shcherbakov-esque.

David Black
3 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

That's all that pair (Toque and Srb) are capable of. Talking pi$h!
They can't get it into their heads that the space in the ground is irrelevant! The c£500 per ticket is a hit in the clubs coffers irrespective of who turns up on a Saturday. 
But that is too much for these Neilson dullards to understand!  
Incidentally I ignore them.....Haven't read anything from them that adds weight to any argument....The counter claim is usually a wind up knowing that they will get a reaction. I usually only get to see what they post when someone responds to their usual inane comments

Neilson Out

In all walks of life, money talks and withholding our money for ST's, merchandise. whatever is the only thing that gets the message across. It is the only thing that Budge will take notice of. In fact anyone spending money just now is doing as much damage to the club as Budge and Neilson. Maybe to argue against that Budge should release a statement explaining what the plan is going forward. Why should we as a support part with our money, when Budge refuses to part with the shares we bought 14 months ago.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

People conveniently forget some of the players signed like Sammon, the much loved Derek Mcinnes was beaten to by Hearts. 

There appears to be some confusion. 

I don't see recruitment being much different, simply because there are a bunch of players in our bracket and many who aren't. Hibs and Aberdeen are in the same position .

Coaching and tactics are way more important. Motivation probably even more so 

27 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

A 5 year plan which has failed to see any progress where it matters...on the pitch, an owner who is so disconnected to the fans she left Levein in position for so long all he did was damage us further still. She will in my opinion fail to take action once again and we will have ANOTHER transitional season.

Cant wait to get back into Tynecastle but not with Neilson and Budge running things

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

There has been one constant presence during 5 years of regression for the number one priority the football "department"

44 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Oh there are definitely zealouts or contrary folk in both sides but there are definitely a very vocal minority who were anti-Neilson and weren't for budging from that position.

Like you, I didn't want him to go first time, wasn't fussed about him coming back, it was an uninspiring "safe" appointment. I would have loved it to have worked for Stendel, would have been happy for Nielson to succeed but most importantly I want to clear out the deadwood who just don't care. Until we sort out the recruitment I fear we will be stuck in this cycle 

45 minutes ago, Boris said:

Great post.

Criticism is fine but for some it was personal right from the start

40 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I couldn't believe it when i heard that Neilson had been brought back. It reminded me of all the points dropped late in games try to play out a game rather than go for another goal to finish teams off. So many dodgy substitutions. When the final whistle blew there was a lot of unsatisfactory fans in the stands at the end of games. It also reminded me of the day i'd heard we'd signed Conor Sammon, furious is an understatement. The most important thing to remember is that there was no big outcry when he walked away from Hearts. That says quite a lot. We need to stop going backwards and try something different. If not, we'll still be having the same comments on these pages in another three years time. 

did we not try that with Cathro and Stendel?

Rocky jamboa
12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You said most Hearts fans you know wanted Neilson out last time - when we were never below 3rd in the league (any league in 2.5 seasons at any time) under him. They got their wish and look what happened. Not sure I'm the deluded one.

There's nothing deluded about knowing Robbie's a shit manager. Going to/watching the games and opening your eyes tells you that. You should try it sometime. 

5 hours ago, Boab Mugabe said:

The only thing Budge will pay attention to and act on is poor season ticket sales, not a few laddies out on the Plaza or some posters or stuff on the internet.

Anyone wanting that change has to hold off on sales. I don’t expect that a small drop in uptake will do it either. It needs to be a significant enough percentage to force her hand.

Agreed.

No ST until Robbie the Jobby is away.  £££'s is the only thing Budge cares about, and is the only thing likely to force her into action.

Edited by Le Chat

15 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

So what is the answer Jim? To say we have underperformed over the last 5 years in all aspects of the football department would be a gross understatement.

Not much good disagreeing with others if you don't have a solution to put forward. 

The present football management and directors have pi**ed millions of pounds down the drain, and failed miserably. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Aidey White is still here......

He  is, his contract expires in about 2 months. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Indeed. Many don't read before hitting send

Lord Beni of Gorgie
37 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

There's nothing deluded about knowing Robbie's a shit manager. Going to/watching the games and opening your eyes tells you that. You should try it sometime. 

He isn't great he isn't shit. Cathro was shit, Levein the reunion was shit. 

Neilson however he does it at least gets a job done. Well, in the League's anyway.

Taste and styles are subjective, objectively Neilson is hitting his League targets, though rather alarmingly missing his cup ones, first and 2nd time, with the caveat he obviously did well enough in the rearranged cup.

Stendel offered excitement right enough, plenty of that in high scoring draws with Hamilton and St Johnstone and a near comeback against Kilmarnock from 3 down. 

After initially being keen enough to pull the trigger I'm struggling to think who is in our ballpark considering we will have to pay Neilson off, that is going to be as consistent as old Snoreson. 

Consistency, inconsistency, mediocrity,  can only be measured against objectives. 

What are they nowadays, not sure.

He may not to be our taste but shit, his win rate says something else

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Not Cathro. He was just another Levein puppet. We did with Stendel but he never got the chance to prove himself. 

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Indeed. Many don't read before hitting send

Not me. I knew someone would come back with Stendel. i was expecting it.

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Neilson however he does it at least gets a job done. Well, in the League's anyway.

Taste and styles are subjective, objectively Neilson is hitting his League targets, though rather alarmingly missing his cup ones, first and 2nd time, with the caveat he obviously did well enough in the rearranged cup.

Stendel offered excitement right enough, plenty of that in high scoring draws with Hamilton and St Johnstone and a near comeback against Kilmarnock from 3 down. 

After initially being keen enough to pull the trigger I'm struggling to think who is in our ballpark considering we will have to pay Neilson off, that is going to be as consistent as old Snoreson. 

Consistency, inconsistency, mediocrity,  can only be measured against objectives. 

In essence it's pointless sacking him without a viable alternative, that's a reasonable argument. I would hope Savage would have a better idea of the kind of manager we could attract who would improve the team and individual players. Like you I am sceptical about a McInnes for instance and I wouldn't go there. Someone suggested Kennedy in jest the other day there and it was greeted with derision. I actually think he is the type of person we should be looking at, great experience with Rogers and looking to prove himself on his own. From my own perspective I won't be renewing our season tickets if he stays, the football is tortuous, but if you are purely driven by statistics maybe you couldn't care less what you're watching.

37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Decent post

But it doesn't help answer the fact that the club is at loggerheads with the support regarding the continued employment of Neilson.
There seems to be an en-passe, unless the club were to come out with a statement to try and break the deadlock.
However, it looks like both camps are firmly entrenched, and no matter how often we go round the block with this debate. No one is for shifting their position!

Hearts, especially Budge need a manager to galvanise the support heading into a new Premiership season. She can be sympathetic to Neilson, pat on the back, and tell him "thank you, but it's not going to work out well for me with you here!".

That then raises the question - Who is in the ballpark to replace him?....I don't know, however, that successor does not IMO need to be someone within the public domain, we could break the Levein / Neilson mould, as we did with Stendel, we could go for someone untarnished by Scottish football and a previous connection Hearts in particular? Over to you Joe Savage.

This situation is going to cost the club money irrespective.....Do we go for damage limitation. What is the real cost of damage limitation? For me it's Neilson's and his coaching team compo against lost revenue streams and supporter goodwill

Neilson has lost the support big style. It is impossible for him to recover that position, he can't even get it back to neutral.
Budge is not daft!...She knows it, he knows it....It's just a matter of time. No manager in the history of the game has ever turned around a situation in their favour where the vitriol against them has been this toxic.

She will sack him eventually....But she needs to do it quick before she causes long term financial damage. The life blood of HMFC reject Neilson unequivocally.

Neilson Out

Edited by Hashimoto

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

What do you mean promotion is "almost" secured. It is secured. We are promoted.

The decision was before the weekend so at the time it was “almost” 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a lot of pish as usual.

Pish backed by science: http://www.sportpsychologytoday.com/sports-psychology-articles/can-fans-influence-the-outcome/

"The crowd can be a scary thing and affect your performance negatively if they are against you. However the crowd can be a wonderful thing and if they are on your side you can thrive on their support and your performance can improve and in turn affect the outcome of a match."