Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

35 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Didn't read back to see that, but its basically common sense that we're not as good currently. Anyone arguing the contrary needs their heed wobbled. 

We've had too many "rebuilds" to even list lol, but there's been one constant at the club that is no longer - and that was Craig Levein. He's completely lost touch with modern football and we had a blind leading the blind situation. With the right people in place - which I believe we have made a good start with Savage and a CEO who seems to know what he's doing - things will improve. We've got the money, we've got the fanbase, we've got the attraction for players to come here. 

I'm positive that we will improve drastically over the summer in terms of playing staff. That's then down to the manager to implement suitable tactics, and if he doesn't, he goes. Budge will not hang about this time. FWIW, I don't think he should be in charge next season and have said several times on this or other threads, but I think we might have to deal with the fact at this moment in time and bide our time whilst he gets his chance.

We're on an upward trajectory from here. Top 6 finish this coming season will be a good achievement but realistically I won't be expecting European football until at least the following season. 

I wasn’t saying we are as good at the moment. Although its impossible to guess where we would be this season if wed been in the top division. Neilson has I think an ok record in the top flight. 47% win percentage seems ok for the top flight but iv not seen any comparisons to be sure. 

I was saying the wage bill differences in terms of the markets we shop in is negligible. The quality difference between players at the top end and bottom end of that market isn’t big.

I also said the football from Aberdeen and Hibs is chronic. Which it is. I think thats indicative of the decline of Scottish football not just how poor we have been. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

baxterd1974
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

I wasn’t saying we are as good at the moment. Although its impossible to guess where we would be this season if wed been in the top division. Neilson has I think an ok record in the top flight. 47% win percentage seems ok for the top flight but iv not seen any comparisons to be sure. 

I was saying the wage bill differences in terms of the markets we shop in is negligible. The quality difference between players at the top end and bottom end of that market isn’t big.

I also said the football from Aberdeen and Hibs is chronic. Which it is. I think thats indicative of the decline of Scottish football not just how poor we have been. 

All conquering Jack ross has a 47% win rate this year.  And I'd say this is one of the weakest years I have seen in the top league.  23% drawn and 30% losses.

3 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

All conquering Jack ross has a 47% win rate this year.  And I'd say this is one of the weakest years I have seen in the top league.  23% drawn and 30% losses.

Interesting statistic. One that will no doubt be used by both sides to further their position 🤣

Suppose the easy way to look at that is if Robbie matched his previous level in the Prem we’d be third

Edited by sadj

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He  is, his contract expires in about 2 months. 

Knowing the way we do things he'll probably be about to sign a bumper new 3 year contract 🙄 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He  is, his contract expires in about 2 months. 

Knowing the way we do things he'll probably be about to sign a bumper new 3 year contract 🙄 

I'd also love to know the problem with mentality at Hearts over last 25 years as when they play at Tynecastle and they're up for it they can give anyone a game and most season home form is strong - however our record away from home is generally horrendous apart from 2 or 3 seasons in that time and i don't get it!? Our away form in the last 25 years or the 23 we've been in top flight would be lower half of the bottom 6 table 

Edited by rory78

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

No one to sack her unfortunately.........!

Not until/unless FOH speak and insist on accountability for failure /a clear direction of travel. 

3 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

In summary, we are, and always will be, miles in front of these Hibs wankers. Aberdeen are entering rebuild, so they aren't that far away. 

So many folk thriving in negativity and so desperate to praise Hibs. When did Hearts supporters ever consider them as superior. 

You were correct though, you are coming over as Hibs, in fact you are stinking of Hibs. 

:rofl:

Psychedelicropcircle

Are some on here now thinking Robbie won a one horse race & now should be given next season ?

David Black
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Not until/unless FOH speak and insist on accountability for failure /a clear direction of travel. 

Mmmmm FoH? Nope, doesn't ring a bell. MIA yes.

The Mighty Thor
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would Stendel have started like that against Dundee? You really thing just the 4 or 5 practice matches and very limited training time we were able to have would have enabled him to suddenly transform the team the way Neilson did to make that good start? The transfer market was all over the place at that time. How would Stendel have recruited with all the restrictions in place? Like Neilson, he would have most likely had to rely on finding players who knew the Scottish league, like every signing apart from Ginnelly we made in that first window. It was no time for players to move across the world to a brand new country with their families etc.

My word. Revisionism at its finest. 

Neilson single handedly transformed a broken team mid pandemic with all those obstacles in his way? What a guy. 

Meanwhile in the real world, Neilson had a budget larger than all the other clubs put together, started training, at our multi-million pound training centre, weeks before every other team, spunked money the other clubs could only dream of on duds and has beens (Gordon excepted) and managed to take all that advantage and get horsed by posties and plumbers who had been locked down for two months eating chippies and necking Tennents. 

Never mind the doings by McPake, Crawford, Johnston and the boy who was Vlads tea boy. 

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm blaming Stendel for St Mirren and failing to relieve popadom hands of his duties until it was too late.

Poppadom Hands:

Signed by Levein/Macphee.

Played in 100% of the matches he was available to Levein.

Played in 80% of the matches available to Macphee. 

Played in 71% of the matches available to Stendel.

Conclusion: Blame Stendel.

Seems legit.

Edited by fancy a brew

7 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Never having us out of the top 3 at any point no matter the league in 3.5 seasons is not a misleading stat. If the Championship is that easy how come we're the only team out of Hibs, Rangers, D Utd, St Mirren, Dundee.. recently to get straight back up with games to spare?

You forgot the mighty Ross County came straight back up two years ago. 🤔

11 hours ago, innerjambo said:

So what is the answer Jim? To say we have underperformed over the last 5 years in all aspects of the football department would be a gross understatement.

Not much good disagreeing with others if you don't have a solution to put forward. 

The present football management and directors have pi**ed millions of pounds down the drain, and failed miserably. 

The answer? I think it’s financially based. 

binning the coaching staff now? £500k ish?

employing new coaching staff - £500k

bringing in 2 top drawer midfielders - £500k?

10 hours ago, jambonian said:

Not me. I knew someone would come back with Stendel. i was expecting it.

But he was a ‘different’ style of appointment (Cathro).  A coach as opposed to a traditional manager.

we really have gone round the houses. 

next is change the chairman.

if that doesn’t work - change the chairman again.

then what?

2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Letting the current coaching staff bring in new players of their choice this summer and then binning the coaching staff in November leaving the new management with 4/5 players they don't want on 2/3 year deals - £?m?

3 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Would you endorse such logic? 

This is exactly why Budge has failed. Against all evidence give the failing manager more time. Just 1 more transfer window etc. 

The reality is if he stays we lose more than 500k in revenue next seaaon and more importantly recruit players for a sitting duck manager. Anyone who thinks giving him the start of the season after a year of awful recruitment and performances is effectively writing off next season. 

In some ways it's harsh on RN - he's still paying for Levein and Budges previous mistakes both in the squad and more importantly in the cynicism that the Hearts support have in the old regime of which he is part of. We've seen what happens when a manager is afforded 2nd and 3rd chances out of misplaced loyalty or to an extent fear.  When was the last season we started with a united support behind the manager? Maybe 5 years ago when RN had his first season in the prem? Allowing a manager who has lost the faith of the majority puts us on the back foot immediately and doesn't allow for any stability. We will always be 1 result from mutiny and how can that be a good culture to work in and build something? Fans and media just waiting to pounce, Tynecastle becoming a hindrance to our own team with a negative atmosphere. We've seen where this takes us. 

A new manager might fail however if we show ths right ambition or the right vision then i think most of the support will back them. People sight Stendel as an appointment that failed that showed ambition and vision. A reason to stick with the status quo. I see it the other way, the excitement of having something different at the club, for a time even the most cynical hearts fan bought into. We understood what he was trying to do and instill in a club bereft of leadership and identity. Its was too much for one man when he came in and the circunstances he inherited. But I'd much rather we try that again and fail - and i highly doubt failure would mean relegation this time. But it would give us a clean slate, along with Savage to get out the mire we have been in. Neilson has only shown this season that he is an extention of what has gone before, he cannot affect cultural change at the club and thats what we need. 

Edited by bistokid

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Budge also probably feels he can build a team and compete like last time as well. 

It's hardly a stab in the dark with Robbie. 

Folk ignore this. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, bistokid said:

Would you endorse such logic? 

This is exactly why Budge has failed. Against all evidence give the failing manager more time. Just 1 more transfer window etc. 

The reality is if he stays we lose more than 500k in revenue next seaaon and more importantly recruit players for a sitting duck manager. Anyone who thinks giving him the start of the season after a year of awful recruitment and performances is effectively writing off next season. 

In some ways it's harsh on RN - he's still paying for Levein and Budges previous mistakes both in the squad and more importantly in the cynicism that the Hearts support have in the old regime of which he is part of. We've seen what happens when a manager is afforded 2nd and 3rd chances out of misplaced loyalty or to an extent fear.  When was the last season we started with a united support behind the manager? Maybe 5 years ago when RN had his first season in the prem? Allowing a manager who has lost the faith of the majority puts us on the back foot immediately and doesn't allow for any stability. We will always be 1 result from mutiny and how can that be a good culture to work in and build something? Fans and media just waiting to pounce, Tynecastle becoming a hindrance to our own team with a negative atmosphere. We've seen where this takes us. 

A new manager might fail however if we show ths right ambition or the right vision then i think most of the support will back them. People sight Stendel as an appointment that failed that showed ambition and vision. A reason to stick with the status quo. I see it the other way, the excitement of having something different at the club, for a time even the most cynical hearts fan bought into. We understood what he was trying to do and instill in a club bereft of leadership and identity. Its was too much for one man when he came in and the circunstances he inherited. But I'd much rather we try that again and fail - and i highly doubt failure would mean relegation this time. But it would give us a clean slate, along with Savage to get out the mire we have been in. Neilson has only shown this season that he is an extention of what has gone before, he cannot affect cultural change at the club and thats what we need. 

All fair. 

I don't think we'll lose £500k if he stays tho. 

Folk are underesting the fickleness of fans and the desire to get back to the football imo. 

Promotion, no match day for 15+ Months, lots of new players - folk will be raring to go. 

A few might not renew or go to the games because of Neilson, but only a select few will carry this out as most folk support Hearts the team and not the current manager. 

Also makes sense to make your feelings known on match day to the board and team, if your sulking in your house you can't do that. 

You can't boo or protest from your house, so even the thought of being able to do that will get a certain groups plums pumping - need to be at the game tho. There are folk on here who have posted they can't wait to let rip on the team. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

All fair. 

Folk are underesting the fickleness of fans and the desire to get back to the football imo. 

Promotion, no match day for 15+ Months, lots of new players - folk will be raring to go. 

A few might not renew or go to the games because of Neilson, but only a select few will carry this out as most folk support Hearts the team and not the current manager. 

Also makes sense to make your feelings known on match day to the board and team, if your sulking in your house you can't do that. 

You can't boo or protest from your house, so even the thought of being able to that will get a certain groups plums pumping - need to be at the game tho. There is folk on here who have posted they can't wait to let rip on the team. 

I also think the club are counting on the desperation to return to football to mask any failings which is pretty poor.

but we will sell less season tickets and the difference in prize money between a 4th and an 8th could easily see us lose half a million. And god forbid we end up in a relegation scrap again.. it will be absolutely soul destroying

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I also think the club are counting on the desperation to return to football to mask any failings which is pretty poor.

but we will sell less season tickets and the difference in prize money between a 4th and an 8th could easily see us lose half a million. And god forbid we end up in a relegation scrap again.. it will be absolutely soul destroying

I think you left out the possibilities that we could be wiped out by a comet, tsunami, or Arthur Seat could erupt again. :rofl:

So many if, buts, maybes - all guesswork with little to back it up.

Edited by frankblack

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

4th and 8th?

You got the lottery numbers? 

If anything, Neilson has proven his league form over the 4 seasons with us is consistent. 

Nothing suggests that a relegation fight or low finish is more likely than a high finish under Neilson, in fact everything favours a higher finish as he has form for this. 

Cups however..... 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Personally I dont think the reporting structure at the club makes sense.

Above Neilson (and Savage for that matter) are non footballing people. The Board and Chief Executive.are left to make decisions on footballing matters they are not qualified to make. To put it another way Neilson is top of the tree in terms of "qualified" assessment of football matters. 

The "Savage" role should have been between the Board and the first team Manager. 

We need an experienced "Football Figurehead" at the club who reports to the Board. Someone the fans can relate to through FoH. Someone who dictates the standard expected of the first team manager, coaches and players. Someone who will not accept pathetic embarrassing excuses like those rolled out by Neilson. Someone who speaks out forcefully for the club when we are wronged or under attack.

I have nothing against Savage but his role should also report to the "football figurehead".

If we are not going to remove Neilson we need to give him a new boss.

Would love JJ to take the job initially to stabilise the club with a further appointment made the following season. Discussions need to take place to get the fans on board with what sort of football club we want and can realistically expect.

The current structure leaves responsibility in the wrong hands and needs changed.

Edited by stuart500

Berra than you
30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

All fair. 

You can't boo or protest from your house, so even the thought of being able to do that will get a certain groups plums pumping - need to be at the game tho. There are folk on here who have posted they can't wait to let rip on the team. 

What's the average price of a hearts season ticket? Around 400 - maybe slightly less? You only need 1000 - 1500 people not to renew for us to lose 500k. I don't think that's an unrealistic drop off, granted some of that might be down to individuals financial situation also.

41 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

All fair. 

You just don't get it, it's a special club The Hearts, we need a special exciting football team after years of decline, under Nielson we won't have that or what we will have is in the main a borefest.

12 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

What's the average price of a hearts season ticket? Around 400 - maybe slightly less? You only need 1000 - 1500 people not to renew for us to lose 500k. I don't think that's an unrealistic drop off, granted some of that might be down to individuals financial situation also.

I honestly think that football will see a rise in attendances after the pandemic across the board, folk will be desperate to get out of the house. If 1000 people choose not to renew, there will be a 1000 new people to take their place imo

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I honestly think that football will see a rise in attendances after the pandemic across the board, folk will be desperate to get out of the house. If 1000 people choose not to renew, there will be a 1000 new people to take their place.

I tend to agree, and I for one will be renewing regardless as I have missed it. But that's still a loss of 1000 potential customers that could be caused by the manager. 

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I think it depends on what capacities will be allowed next season. People will not be forking out for another season on watching on TV and i think there will also be a few a bit uncertain at sitting in large crowds.

The biggest incentive to renew is firstly so you do not lose a seat next to family or mates and, secondly, the chance we get to a cup final and you want to guarnatee yourself a ticket.

Harry Potter
17 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

In summary, we are, and always will be, miles in front of these Hibs wankers. Aberdeen are entering rebuild, so they aren't that far away. 

So many folk thriving in negativity and so desperate to praise Hibs. When did Hearts supporters ever consider them as superior. 

You were correct though, you are coming over as Hibs, in fact you are stinking of Hibs. 

Hoping that the hobos blow 3rd place, 

Berra than you
22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think it depends on what capacities will be allowed next season. People will not be forking out for another season on watching on TV and i think there will also be a few a bit uncertain at sitting in large crowds.

The biggest incentive to renew is firstly so you do not lose a seat next to family or mates and, secondly, the chance we get to a cup final and you want to guarnatee yourself a ticket.

Of course. I guess if the club feel that the limited capacity will reduce the impact on season ticket loss anyway they might just run with the current management team. I think that would be very naive though, as they will still lose the income of the supporters who want to with hold money, if that's season tickets, hearts TV or merch.

portobellojambo1
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think you are right in as much as it looks as if it will be different for this coming season. Just using a base figure of say 10,000 ST sales it would then depend on the number of fans allowed into home games. Again just using base figures with a capacity of 20,000 if they set the maximum at 25% of total capacity, for example, then I suspect it would come down to ST holders only being allowed in, it would mean ST holders would only get into every 2nd home game, if we somehow managed to sell the full stadium as ST's fans would then get into every 4th game, with the remainder being shown on Hearts TV. Not everyone would take up the Hearts TV option so not only will they have to work out how they allocate home games (to try and keep families together, and all at the same home games) it could impact on the pricing structure as well, as effectively a ST wouldn't guarantee someone a seat at every home game. Still waiting to see what decisions are made for football in general so we, as a supporters club, can finalise arrangements with a bus provider for away games, absolutely desperate to get back on the road following HMFC away as well as at home (hopefully have no problem with flights either if we happen to play a pre season friendly somewhere that involves flying).

2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Of course. I guess if the club feel that the limited capacity will reduce the impact on season ticket loss anyway they might just run with the current management team. I think that would be very naive though, as they will still lose the income of the supporters who want to with hold money, if that's season tickets, hearts TV or merch.

I would imagine that Hearts would still want to sell as many ST's as possible, albeit numbers in the ground will be potentially limited. But how would you decide who can and who cannot attend on match day?
I guess that come August (fingers crossed) that things will return to as near normal as possible wrt COVID and with some additional screening at the turnstile the majority will be allowed access.
As things stand...the only divisive factor affecting ST sales will be the continued discontent and stand off between the club and the support. 
Incidentally a situation that Ann Budge could eradicate by one simple action...."Bye, bye Rob!"

However, It really doesn't help matters that we have had a total media shutdown from the club which has led to much speculation on these pages. Ann Budge could, unequivocally issue a statement that would put all this firmly to bed and that would leave us individuals to decide what we will do for next season!  
 The fact that we hear nothing suggests that unanswered questions remain in the Tynecastle boardroom. However, Ann Budge cannot remain silent for ever!
 May will be the decisive Month. This close season is going to be anything but quiet on this forum one way or another.

Neilson Out

gordiegords

Cochrane away, wonder if that’s neilsons decision, planning for next season ☹️ Neilson out.

oh it’s his own decision! Ah well, still, Neilson out.

Edited by gordiegords

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Has he been sacked yet?

Aye, close the Fred. 

23 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Nothing changes until Ann Budge leaves. Far too accepting of mediocrity. We are throwing hundreds of thousands of our hard earned into this club and for what, to see us demoted in an unfinished season because we were the worst team when covid hit?

A 5 year plan which has failed to see any progress where it matters...on the pitch, an owner who is so disconnected to the fans she left Levein in position for so long all he did was damage us further still. She will in my opinion fail to take action once again and we will have ANOTHER transitional season.

Cant wait to get back into Tynecastle but not with Neilson and Budge running things.

Aidy Boothroyd just left the England set up..

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The appointments were nothing to do with the fans.  It's not the fans fault the board continues with poor appointments which don't deliver.  And here you are having another pop at the fans ?

I can have a pop at whoever I fancy, ignorance should never be tolerated 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Stats can be misleading. More than half his time with us has been in the championship! My win rate would no doubt be decent managing Hearts in the championship!

Check his win rate in the Premier then. Fair enough. 

Rogue Daddy
38 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Aidy Boothroyd just left the England set up..

Heard something Agent?...... or 'just sayin likes'?

It would be the kind of 'out the box' signing I'd be happy with.... I'm sure he'll have offers from down south, however.

19 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Heard something Agent?...... or 'just sayin likes'?

It would be the kind of 'out the box' signing I'd be happy with.... I'm sure he'll have offers from down south, however.

I wouldn't be sure, he's not well thought of. 

Rogue Daddy
7 minutes ago, bistokid said:

I wouldn't be sure, he's not well thought of. 

Really?.... not looked too much into him. I was more thinking from a 'youth' perspective. Think he's coached England at U19/U20 & U 21. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Really?.... not looked too much into him. I was more thinking from a 'youth' perspective. Think he's coached England at U19/U20 & U 21. 🤷‍♂️

I am not fully up to speed but think hes failed in club football his last 2 jobs. People were surprised he got U21.  Since then seen as a bit of a dinosaur / out his depth

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Berra than you said:

Time will tell. 

Any drop is bad, reasons will be varied, imo very few will stop supporting Hearts because they don't like the manager and are in the huff. 

Covid might dictate capacity anyway, so we'll never know. 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, bistokid said:

I am not fully up to speed but think hes failed in club football his last 2 jobs. People were surprised he got U21.  Since then seen as a bit of a dinosaur / out his depth

👍... had a quick look - got Watford promoted and then relegated. Downhill since then (club-wise) until the England job(s). Appears to have not done too bad with the youths.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Hector Riva said:

Aidy boothroyd is avalible. 

For which team? 

18 hours ago, frankblack said:

Yes he did.  He took us to bottom by keeping the hologram in goals amonst other mistakes.

Stendel's mistake was not bringing in a centre half. He did drop Pereira then had to bring him back in again. It was outwith his control. And to be fair, he did want to get Craig Gordon in in January last year. He was handicapped with what he had to work with and said he was shocked at the condition of the players for a professional team. He may get blame for certain things but he can't be blamed for an unfit squad that he inherited, something that some folk like to sweep under the carpet.