Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

There's nothing deluded about knowing Robbie's a shit manager. Going to/watching the games and opening your eyes tells you that. You should try it sometime. 

Saw almost every home game in his previous spell and maybe 95% of this season's games. My verdict: Not a pish manager.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Boris said:

Who's fault was that? Has to be the Chair? Yet despite unconvincing performances this season, you think RN is the right person for the job going forward. Fair enough, but if it goes pear shaped as many think it will, then shows another poor decision at Chair level. IMO.

Yes so this is where none of this makes sense. If what people really want is Budge out then campaign for that but back the manager to try to help results on the park. If you want Neilson out fine but do you really trust Budge to make the right appointment next time or for it to be a smooth and quick process?

Churchill Barrier
7 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

The decision was before the weekend so at the time it was “almost” 

If his only set objective was to win league then she has placed herself in a difficult position re sacking him.  If that was the only objective then that in itself says everything about the ambitions of our owner. My concern is if his tactics are so negative and cautious worrying more about the opisition in the championship then what is he going to set up like against premeriship teams? He seems to have went backwards with his style of play, last time in championship i really enjoyed the majority of games. I have watched most games this season and it has been dreadful bar 3 or 4.  I have no optimism for thinking he can improve us, and to me thats the issue, and for that reason i think he needs to go.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Not Cathro. He was just another Levein puppet. We did with Stendel but he never got the chance to prove himself. 

Yes he did.  He took us to bottom by keeping the hologram in goals amonst other mistakes.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yes he did.  He took us to bottom by keeping the hologram in goals amonst other mistakes.

Quite incredible how the same people who slag off Neilson praise Stendel despite Stendel being the reason we now have Neilson. I liked Stendel and if he'd scraped a few points to keep us up it would have been great to see what he could do. However, he failed badly to do that. I think some people are obsessed with the "idea" of Stendel and are forgetting what the reality was.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Quite incredible how the same people who slag off Neilson praise Stendel despite Stendel being the reason we now have Neilson. I liked Stendel and if he'd scraped a few points to keep us up it would have been great to see what he could do. However, he failed badly to do that. I think some people are obsessed with the "idea" of Stendel and are forgetting what the reality was.

Lets not even get into that St Mirren horror show.

:muggy: :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Indeed. Many don't read before hitting send

The appointments were nothing to do with the fans.  It's not the fans fault the board continues with poor appointments which don't deliver.  And here you are having another pop at the fans ?

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Blame the board : they appointed Stendel, not the fans.  No one is obsessed with Stendel except you : it's another deflection from the current shit show. The reality is, Stendel saw what a holiday camp Tynecastle had become and was making drastic changes but time was against him - even Our Glorious Leader said she should have sacked Levein sooner - remember ? 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

How I felt after Brora: Resigned and not surprised the way things were going at the time and the way all the stars seemed to point to us losing that one

How I felt after St Mirren: Devastated and genuinely worried for the future of the club

One was the worst single result in terms of the opposition. One was the most damaging single result since Dens Park in terms of its impact on the outcome of our season. 

28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes so this is where none of this makes sense. If what people really want is Budge out then campaign for that but back the manager to try to help results on the park. If you want Neilson out fine but do you really trust Budge to make the right appointment next time or for it to be a smooth and quick process?

You read this board , you spend hours on here (on this thread ) everyday ; you know damn well the change is for Budge AND  Neilson to go. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The appointments were nothing to do with the fans.  It's not the fans fault the board continues with poor appointments which don't deliver.  And here you are having another pop at the fans ?

Yes, when Budge screws up blame the fans....When the heat is on Neilson, blame Stendel.

Classic case of where the Neilson lovers start to feel the heat. "Better bring Stendel and Periera into the argument!"

Really convenient having all these ready made excuses. This is nothing but deflection tactics  by those who cannot put up an eloquent argument for why the man responsible for the worst result in the history of HMFC should be anywhere near the club.

Neilson Out

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

He isn't great he isn't shit. Cathro was shit, Levein the reunion was shit. 

Neilson however he does it at least gets a job done. Well, in the League's anyway.

Taste and styles are subjective, objectively Neilson is hitting his League targets, though rather alarmingly missing his cup ones, first and 2nd time, with the caveat he obviously did well enough in the rearranged cup.

Stendel offered excitement right enough, plenty of that in high scoring draws with Hamilton and St Johnstone and a near comeback against Kilmarnock from 3 down. 

After initially being keen enough to pull the trigger I'm struggling to think who is in our ballpark considering we will have to pay Neilson off, that is going to be as consistent as old Snoreson. 

Consistency, inconsistency, mediocrity,  can only be measured against objectives. 

What are they nowadays, not sure.

He may not to be our taste but shit, his win rate says something else

Stats can be misleading. More than half his time with us has been in the championship! My win rate would no doubt be decent managing Hearts in the championship!

Edited by Paulp74

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Blame the board : they appointed Stendel, not the fans.  No one is obsessed with Stendel except you : it's another deflection from the current shit show. The reality is, Stendel saw what a holiday camp Tynecastle had become and was making drastic changes but time was against him - even Our Glorious Leader said she should have sacked Levein sooner - remember ? 

Yes she should have sacked Levein sooner, or he should have walked sooner. Her decisiveness in not waiting around for Stendel to decide to manage us in the Championship (he wanted guarantees about which league we'd be in, when it would start, the long-term plan, budget etc that we obviously couldn't provide last June) and poaching Neilson off D Utd is what got us promoted again so quickly.

Would Stendel have started like that against Dundee? You really thing just the 4 or 5 practice matches and very limited training time we were able to have would have enabled him to suddenly transform the team the way Neilson did to make that good start? The transfer market was all over the place at that time. How would Stendel have recruited with all the restrictions in place? Like Neilson, he would have most likely had to rely on finding players who knew the Scottish league, like every signing apart from Ginnelly we made in that first window. It was no time for players to move across the world to a brand new country with their families etc.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You read this board , you spend hours on here (on this thread ) everyday ; you know damn well the change is for Budge AND  Neilson to go. 

Yes I do know that. Neilson is seen as her pet or puppet or phoodle or whatever. There's an agenda beyond his actual performance. Those people are not Hearts fans.

Just now, Hashimoto said:

Classic case of where the Neilson lovers start to feel the heat. "Better bring Stendel and Periera into the argument!"

Neilson Out

Correct. 

Fact is, we are where we are and Neilson isn't wanted : he must be the only manager in history who won a league and his players have been in the media for weeks on end apologizing for the shit performances.  But lets talk about Stendel & Poppadom Hands.  

Time for regime change. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes she should have sacked Levein sooner, or he should have walked sooner.

So stop blaming Stendel. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Stats can be misleading. More than half his time with us has been in the championship! My win rate would no doubt be decent managing Hearts in the championship!

Never having us out of the top 3 at any point no matter the league in 3.5 seasons is not a misleading stat. If the Championship is that easy how come we're the only team out of Hibs, Rangers, D Utd, St Mirren, Dundee.. recently to get straight back up with games to spare?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo

So stop blaming Stendel. 

I'm blaming Stendel for St Mirren and failing to relieve popadom hands of his duties until it was too late.

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

:spoton:

18 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Will never understand that game , the whole world was murmuring about suspensions , covid related delays and we didnt even turn up knowing our entire season could rest on that game. People complain about Neilson but that game is a large part of why we are in the Championship this season. The apathy was unreal (offside goal or not)

5 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Good point. How do Nelson's premier league stats look?

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Yes, when Budge screws up blame the fans....When the heat is on Neilson, blame Stendel.

Really convenient having all these ready made excuses. This is nothing but deflection tactics  by those who cannot put up an eloquent argument for why the man responsible for the worst result in the history of HMFC should be anywhere near the club.

Neilson Out

It was one of the Neilson out gang who brought Stendel into it: "Not Cathro. He was just another Levein puppet. We did with Stendel but he never got the chance to prove himself. "

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes I do know that. Neilson is seen as her pet or puppet or phoodle or whatever. There's an agenda beyond his actual performance. Those people are not Hearts fans.

No, that's not what I said.

What is wanted by way of change , is change from the very top, Budge AND Neilson out. 

This isn't just about a personal vendetta against Neilson by some : this is fans who are fed up with Budge/the board & now also Neilson MkII.  But you don't want to acknowledge that : you continue to insist this is  a personal attack on Neilson when it is nothing of the sort and the abysmal performace of the board over the last 7 years was laid bare on Sportssound last week.  So however much you bang on about people having "an agenda beyond his actual performance" it is not simply about Neilson. This goes way beyond a few nutters hiring a plan 5 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm blaming Stendel for St Mirren and failing to relieve popadom hands of his duties until it was too late.

Seriously, you can't row back from your constant attacks from Stendel by now choosing "St.Mirren".  As if 5 years of decline is distilled into that moment & that moment only. 

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Correct. 

Fact is, we are where we are and Neilson isn't wanted : he must be the only manager in history who won a league and his players have been in the media for weeks on end apologizing for the shit performances.  But lets talk about Stendel & Poppadom Hands.  

Time for regime change. 

And it get's worse!

A former club captain and Scottish internationalist breaks ranks to tell us that the Brora result wasn't unexpected!

I'll let that sink in for all you Neilson puppets.....THE BRORA RESULT WASN'T UNEXPECTED! 

Now tell me, how are you going to spin that one back into Stendel's corner?

Neilson Out

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Decent without being spectacular. 47.4% win rate in his first season in the Prem and 47% the second. Never below 3rd both seasons. Someone else can compare to other managers in their first seasons in the top league.

A good comparison is Neil Lennon simply because he had one season in the Championship (an easier one than Robbie's) and then 1.5 seasons in the premiership with Hibs - so we can compare the same period with clubs with similar budgets:

Neilson's win rate overall: 58.5%

Lennon's: 47.9%

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo

Seriously, you can't row back from your constant attacks from Stendel by now choosing "St.Mirren".  As if 5 years of decline is distilled into that moment & that moment only. 

I liked Stendel and would have been happy for him to stay if he'd done his job and won more points than he did.

1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

Thats an interesting question. Sure someone will be along with the answer soon. Football has been poor under Neilson since December our first season back up. Continued to get results and keep us up around the top though so I guess its subjective. Right now it is nigh on impossible to win the support back over. Thats discounting the ones who wouldnt be won over if he won the cup 10 years in a row.  

The budget discrepancy between Hearts , Hibs and Aberdeen is negligible in terms of whats available in that range if players too so its difficult to see would change even under someone else. Hibs and Aberdeens football is chronic , certainly no better than ours.

49 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Pish backed by science: http://www.sportpsychologytoday.com/sports-psychology-articles/can-fans-influence-the-outcome/

"The crowd can be a scary thing and affect your performance negatively if they are against you. However the crowd can be a wonderful thing and if they are on your side you can thrive on their support and your performance can improve and in turn affect the outcome of a match."

After Brora Neilson wouldn’t be manager if we were in the stadium for the QOS game. 

Our objective each season should be ,europe and a good run in the cups

I dont think winning the championship and going out the cups to Alloa and brora is anywhere near our objective

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats an interesting question. Sure someone will be along with the answer soon. Football has been poor under Neilson since December our first season back up. Continued to get results and keep us up around the top though so I guess its subjective. Right now it is nigh on impossible to win the support back over. Thats discounting the ones who wouldnt be won over if he won the cup 10 years in a row.  

The budget discrepancy between Hearts , Hibs and Aberdeen is negligible in terms of whats available in that range if players too so its difficult to see would change even under someone else. Hibs and Aberdeens football is chronic , certainly no better than ours.

his record in the top flight

Played 53

won 25

drew 16

lost 12

points per game 1.72

win percent 47%

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

After Brora Neilson wouldn’t be manager if we were in the stadium for the QOS game. 

I clearly have a different way of supporting Hearts as others. I'd have gone along hoping we get an immediate response. Others clearly would have been sharpening their pitchforks. Each to their own!

25 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The clip shown where Stendel is trying to get competition between the younger players and can’t believe they haven’t done stuff like that before is telling. 

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Will never understand that game , the whole world was murmuring about suspensions , covid related delays and we didnt even turn up knowing our entire season could rest on that game. People complain about Neilson but that game is a large part of why we are in the Championship this season. The apathy was unreal (offside goal or not)

11 fans picked from the stand that night could have performed better.

Disgusted with the players attitudes coming home from the match.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I clearly have a different way of supporting Hearts as others. I'd have gone along hoping we get an immediate response. Others clearly would have been sharpening their pitchforks. Each to their own!

That’s the problem there. I’m not meaning to be rude but your standards for Hearts are awful. 

Why do you constantly blame the fans? I can’t understand that. 

I get the support the club through thick and thin and there’s been no better example of fans who have consistently done that than us. I’ll back Robbie next season and if he does well I’ll be the first to say I was wrong. 

22 minutes ago, sadj said:

There are some marked differences however!

Hibs look like finishing 3rd and have European football to look forward to. Aberdeen have been fairly stable, if slightly unspectacular.
Both teams have had a better record in recent years of signing players and promoting youth.
Hibs (apologies I'm sounding like some hibby apologist!) have players with a better sell on market. We sold Hickey for peanuts. Hibs will likely get more for Doig!

The flip side of the coin - Hearts have been in constant decline for the past 5/6 years. Hearts have a bigger fan base. We also have the 3rd biggest revenue stream in the country. But that ultimately counts for nothing if the reinvestment is poor!
Furthermore, it's now bluntly obvious that Ann Budge has reached her limit in terms of her ambition for the club.

We are a club in steady turmoil and decline. No one is waving a magic wand and promising that it's going to be better next season, or the season after. That is not the positive language I would expect coming out of Tynecastle! We are stuck with a manager that the vast majority do not want. Is anyone surprised that Hearts fans are now at the rebellious stage where enough is enough?

In summary, we are no where near Hibs or Aberdeen at this time. 

Neilson Out

Edited by Hashimoto

43 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No one to sack her unfortunately.........!

David Black

The issues within the club now are way beyond Robbie Neilson. Of the combined club and FoH boards who would I like to see continue in office after HANDOVER ( remember handover ). Garry Halliday without doubt. Now I'm toiling. Budge would appear to be refusing to hand over the shares, FoH seem happy with that, yet they are our elected reps. Why the silence from the club? Why no updates from FoH? Can we , for example, take out a court order to direct Ann Budge to hand over the shares. That was the agreement and we have upheld our part of that agreement. I don't know the answer to that, but I do know that the body representing us, FoH, has failed its members. 

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Hibs look like finishing 3rd and have European football to look forward to. Aberdeen have been fairly stable, if slightly unspectacular.
Both teams have had a better record in recent years of signing players and promoting youth.
Hibs (apologies I'm sounding like some hibby apologist!) have players with a better sell on market. We sold Hickey for peanuts. Hibs will likely get more for Doig!

The flip side of the coin - Hearts have been in constant decline for the past 5/6 years. Hearts have a bigger fan base. We also have the 3rd biggest revenue stream in the country. But that ultimately counts for nothing if the reinvestment is poor!
Furthermore, it's now bluntly obvious that Ann Budge has reached her limit in terms of her ambition for the club.

We are a club in steady turmoil and decline. No one is waving a magic wand and promising that it's going to be better next season, or the season after. That is not the positive language I would expect coming out of Tynecastle! We are stuck with a manager that the vast majority do not want. Is anyone surprised that Hearts fans are now at the rebellious stage where enough is enough?

Neilson Out

Of course we aren't - we're a Championship club at the moment. 

Name me a time when any Championship club has ever been anywhere near 3rd/4th place in the Premiership......... 

The rebuild is on. With a few clever signings, we'll be back pumping the Hibees in no time. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Of course we aren't - we're a Championship club at the moment. 

Name me a time when any Championship club has ever been anywhere near 3rd/4th place in the Premiership......... 

The rebuild is on. With a few clever signings, we'll be back pumping the Hibees in no time. 

I was responding to a post that appeared to compare us to Aberdeen & Hibs.
No championship team that I can think of has ever hit the heady heights of 3rd / 4th as you point out.

The rebuild is on.....Clever signings.....How many rebuilds and "clever" signings have you witnessed these past 6 years that gives you room for optimism? Unless you're talking about another team rather than Hearts?

The one constant I will grant you - We'll be back pumping Hibs!".......A task made easier if Neilson has nothing to do with it!  

Neilson Out

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Neilson Out

In summary, we are, and always will be, miles in front of these Hibs wankers. Aberdeen are entering rebuild, so they aren't that far away. 

So many folk thriving in negativity and so desperate to praise Hibs. When did Hearts supporters ever consider them as superior. 

You were correct though, you are coming over as Hibs, in fact you are stinking of Hibs. 

3 hours ago, Bozi said:

Criticism is fine but for some it was personal right from the start

I don't doubt that, but that wasn't the point being made, tbf.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or want Budge & RN out. That's an option too. 

One would hope that if RN is bulleted, then this suggests AB taking a back seat and Savage perhaps being the main influence.

10 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

In summary, we are, and always will be, miles in front of these Hibs wankers. Aberdeen are entering rebuild, so they aren't that far away. 

So many folk thriving in negativity and so desperate to praise Hibs. When did Hearts supporters ever consider them as superior. 

You were correct though, you are coming over as Hibs, in fact you are stinking of Hibs. 

Good mate....good one....I must be a hibby?...Can't have an objective argument if you put Hearts in a negative light. 
Not one Hibby EVER in the history of my family..Not even the odd rogue one!

FWIW....I didn't praise Hibs, I just pointed out how low we have sank as a football team and organisation in comparison to the two clubs that a previous poster had quoted.

Stinking of Hibs....What an immature ar$e hole you are.....😂😘

Neilson Out

Edited by Hashimoto

kingantti1874

The wage difference between hearts and hibs wasn’t negligible. It bead between  £2’ and £3 million per annum or in other world between 40k and 60k per week. 

it’s absolutely disgusting failure on our part. on paper they shouldn’t be anywhere near us never mind in the division above.

aberdeen is very close, their total wage bill slightly higher mainly due to Mcinnes wage

Edited by kingantti1874

Club shills working in shifts to keep up the defences. Great work lads, with your help we can turn this tanker around. And then when it eventually does change you can say you were in favour all along. Magnificent!

Edited by Jodami

Batistuta87
17 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I was responding to a post that appeared to compare us to Aberdeen & Hibs.
No championship team that I can think of has ever hit the heady heights of 3rd / 4th as you point out.

The rebuild is on.....Clever signings.....How many rebuilds and "clever" signings have you witnessed these past 6 years that gives you room for optimism? Unless you're talking about another team rather than Hearts?

The one constant I will grant you - We'll be back pumping Hibs!".......A task made easier if Neilson has nothing to do with it!  

Neilson Out

Didn't read back to see that, but its basically common sense that we're not as good currently. Anyone arguing the contrary needs their heed wobbled. 

We've had too many "rebuilds" to even list lol, but there's been one constant at the club that is no longer - and that was Craig Levein. He's completely lost touch with modern football and we had a blind leading the blind situation. With the right people in place - which I believe we have made a good start with Savage and a CEO who seems to know what he's doing - things will improve. We've got the money, we've got the fanbase, we've got the attraction for players to come here. 

I'm positive that we will improve drastically over the summer in terms of playing staff. That's then down to the manager to implement suitable tactics, and if he doesn't, he goes. Budge will not hang about this time. FWIW, I don't think he should be in charge next season and have said several times on this or other threads, but I think we might have to deal with the fact at this moment in time and bide our time whilst he gets his chance.

We're on an upward trajectory from here. Top 6 finish this coming season will be a good achievement but realistically I won't be expecting European football until at least the following season. 

Edited by Batistuta87

The Real Maroonblood
35 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

:rofl:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

Neilson Out

Funny how all the points you make have nothing to do with Robbie and ironically the last time were in the position you praise hibs for was.... Under Robbie. 

You then end with Neilson out. 

It was a bizzare read, everything you want we had under Him last time, all the faults you mention were not his doing, but you want him out. 

Surreal read Tbh.