Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

7 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

You could also argue that without Robbie they wouldn't have made the play off that year, since they were 4th when he took over and Csaba was sacked for losing 5-1. If it was so easy to get Dundee United promoted why did it take 4 years and failed attempts by Csaba Laszlo and Ray McKinnon?

Not saying Robbie is the man for us, but i think the universal hate he is getting just now is a bit harsh. 

Hate is such a strong, emotive word!

Not sure that hate is the driver behind the Neilson out campaign....Neilson is being judged and assessed on his performance, his ability to motivate his team and commitment to playing entertaining football.
On top of that.....after having witnessed 6 years of drudgery, turgid football with a succession of managers and coaches (excl Stendel) employed by Budge is it any wonder that the supporters view the future with a degree of suspicion?

FWIW....I don't hate Robbie Neilson. However, I do not like the brand of football he serves up. I don't like the idea that he is in constant denial when it comes to team performance. I do not like the lack of ambition shown by Ann Budge. And with Neilson at the helm I cannot see that we have progressed in the past 5 years, nor do I have any real optimism that things will improve in the future.
Hearts deserve better than Robbie Neilson

Neilson Out

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

24 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

You could also argue that without Robbie they wouldn't have made the play off that year, since they were 4th when he took over and Csaba was sacked for losing 5-1. If it was so easy to get Dundee United promoted why did it take 4 years and failed attempts by Csaba Laszlo and Ray McKinnon?

Not saying Robbie is the man for us, but i think the universal hate he is getting just now is a bit harsh. 

I don't think United were throwing quite as much money at it at first, and Hibs were also in the league the first season.

Winning the championship with by far the biggest budget just isn't a particularly notable achievement imo.

The level of of anger has been building for a couple of years, and Neilson was in the hot seat for the most embarrassing result for 120 years, which was the straw that broke the camel's back for many.

I wouldn't worry about attracting managers, if the job becomes available we won't be short of applicants.

Edited by fancy a brew

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

That useless ***** who got them promoted after 5 years of struggling in the championship???... No pleasing some people... hahaha

Just shows you, he’s got us up yet we want rid of him too. 

Edited by Pasquale for King
Nonsense

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

He still here yet??

10 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

? Still he yet here ?

Yet he’s still here? 
Where’s Yoda when you need him. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Ak47 said:

I used to work at Slaley Hall Hotel near Consett, was mental when the pubs emptied.

We were at wedding in Middlesbrough and when we got back to the hotel the pub across the road was closing and there was 50-100 people outside all fighting 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?!?!

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Black Cat in Chester le Street was great . Friendly girls .

Mind you haven't been there for nearly 50 years .

Won't exactly be girls anymore will they ?

Was that a club. The only one there when I was there (mid nineties) was Crocodillos. The lassies love the Scottish accent. 

1 hour ago, ScottieMac17 said:

I don't think the football will be great under Robbie and I dont have huge amounts of confidence that we will finishing in the top 3 next season, however i really dont understand the hate that Robbie is getting. Yeh he might not be great but I dont hate him like most on here. I think some fans need to calm down on that front. 

With the amount of toxic hearts fans just now, you have to look at what a manager from down south or abroad might think looking at the club, having fans hating a manager so much after he has achieved what he was asked to do. I dont think the way the fans are acting is going to shine the club in a good light for potential managers. 

Kind of with you.  I didn't want him back, but was happy to see how he did.  After seeing it and the cup results, my feeling is we need to say thanks for the promotion and find someone to take us forward.

However I don't hate Robbie.  He's just a guy doing his job and I've no doubt to the best of his ability.  He'll probably make a career out of football until retirement and that's no mean feat at all.  He seems a good lad, and folk I know who know him confirm he's sound as a pound.  He was a great servant to us as a player and ran through walls for us.

The hate is frankly very childish.  You can actually achieve way more without it.  Said on another thread that all the vitriol has actually caused a schism between club and fans.  Because of a loud, brainless minority, the club seems to have closed off from the entire fanbase and now our voices aren't heard either.  That's also the club's fault obviously, but the abuse has been so personal of Robbie and Ann (for a long time and much undeserved) that it's kind of all they see now.

john thomas
27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Was that a club. The only one there when I was there (mid nineties) was Crocodillos. The lassies love the Scottish accent. 

Yes but different times . I'm talking early 70s !

Used to go down Newcastle area a fair bit

Rick Sanchez

It's really getting on my tits that Craig Levein is the regular mouthpiece for all things Hearts. 

I wish he'd just **** off into obscurity.

Fire_At_The_Disco
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It's really getting on my tits that Craig Levein is the regular mouthpiece for all things Hearts. 

That is well put sir, I think I’ve filled the blanks in correctly 😀

Mr Blobby needs to go as we have no sense of togetherness whilst he hangs about.....he’s a roaster and roasters have no place at Hearts. 

1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

Hate is such a strong, emotive word!

Not sure that hate is the driver behind the Neilson out campaign....Neilson is being judged and assessed on his performance, his ability to motivate his team and commitment to playing entertaining football.
On top of that.....after having witnessed 6 years of drudgery, turgid football with a succession of managers and coaches (excl Stendel) employed by Budge is it any wonder that the supporters view the future with a degree of suspicion?

FWIW....I don't hate Robbie Neilson. However, I do not like the brand of football he serves up. I don't like the idea that he is in constant denial when it comes to team performance. I do not like the lack of ambition shown by Ann Budge. And with Neilson at the helm I cannot see that we have progressed in the past 5 years, nor do I have any real optimism that things will improve in the future.
Hearts deserve better than Robbie Neilson

Neilson Out

Pretty much where I am.

I’ve often wondered how the punters who were screaming for us to sign Shankland feel about Robbie, who did

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

He’s hardly leaving a big club, Dundee is a toilet. They’ve just reported a £4m turnover and loss over £3m.

the only way is down for utd

Utd are ****ed. 

They'll flog any asset, I think they'll be in about relegation next season. 

Just a matter of time before they fall through the trapdoor again.. 

2 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

I don't think the football will be great under Robbie and I dont have huge amounts of confidence that we will finishing in the top 3 next season, however i really dont understand the hate that Robbie is getting. Yeh he might not be great but I dont hate him like most on here. I think some fans need to calm down on that front. 

With the amount of toxic hearts fans just now, you have to look at what a manager from down south or abroad might think looking at the club, having fans hating a manager so much after he has achieved what he was asked to do. I dont think the way the fans are acting is going to shine the club in a good light for potential managers. 

Mate, we have had years of this dross,  from  AB downwards.

I doubt very much any prospective manager is worried about fans whose patience ran out after 5 years. There's much bigger , structural problems at the club and it has nothing to do with the  fans - this simply isn't being acknowledged because it's simpler to focus on a couple of bad defeats & whitewash it as such. 

I disagree about the "hate" for Neilson :  there are people who never wanted him back ( a very small minority) , there are others who were prepared to give him a chance (some, albeit reluctantly). I'm not a hater, I was less than enthusiastic about him returning but the poor cup results and disastrous  league form over 2 months is not acceptable. 

What happened to the Alex Neil rumours, I was so convinced 😞 

does anyone still believe the previous was true and that we will see Neilson say goodbye after the final game with Alex waiting in the wings? 

Regardless I am sick of being a moan and will back Neilson next season, and renew my season ticket. Miss Tynie too much not to. 

1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Yes but different times . I'm talking early 70s !

Used to go down Newcastle area a fair bit

👍

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

This^

He's got feck all right to comment on anything hearts related. The man brought us to our knees with his arrogance.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Utd are ****ed. 

Would take shankland, lets offer them a packet of onion rings and a curly wurly for him, we will throw in loic damour as a bonus.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Utd are ****ed. 

agreed. Will be happy times 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 12/04/2021 at 23:13, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Although I disagree with your stance it’s refreshing to engage with someone who has an opposite view from the majority. 

Out of interest can you understand why people want RN out? You quote Levein and Cathro, two managers who were given too much time in the job before the inevitable and basically we threw away seasons due to an inability to make the hard decision to get rid. There is a fear for most that we are sleepwalking into the same situation.

Also do you think RN has actually attained the basic requirements of a head coach? Has he improved any players, introduced youth or has a good tactical nouse? Given the resources at his disposal and the opposition we have faced where would you rate his performance? 

Be interested on your take. 

I rate Neilson 6-7/10 up to about mid Jan, then 2/10 mid Jan - April. He only gets those 2 pts for still picking up wins and points, just not convincingly. To your other questions, I think he more than proved himself a good manager in his first spell and the way we started this season. Neilson would basically be getting sacked because of one two-month period including our worst ever result. Any other manager would be given more time by fans IMO. Christ, look how many of them still back Stendel despite him being far more damaging to our club. Fact is, some folk just don't like Neilson and they wanted him out even when we were 2nd in the Premiership last time.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 12/04/2021 at 23:40, The Treasurer said:

Like the media, you wrongly seem to think the fans are angry about one result.

It goes much much further than that. Brora was merely the final straw

The first Neilson out thread (or maybe even poll) went up in November 2020. The league started in October 2020. That's just mad, especially considering how well we started. I'd be more likely to agree with Neilson out lot if that particular group wasn't so infested with people who had zero intention of ever giving him (or anyone they see associated with Levein and Budge) a chance. As it is, I'd rather back him based on his previous record with us, the extenuating circumstances  brought on by the pandemic and relegation (neither of which are anything to do with him), the fact some senior players have let us down again this season, and the fact that this season as a whole has not actually been as bad as folk are making out. IMO.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
On 12/04/2021 at 14:53, kingantti1874 said:

Question mate - do you think there is a pathway for Neilson to re-establish the trust of the support?

No, I think he was up against it from the start with some of the support and the Brora result was the last thing he needed. It gave them the excuse they wanted and it brought others over to their side. I think he has to win a cup. I honestly don't think finishing 3rd next season will even be enough for a minority of our support who seem to genuinely loathe the guy and did the first time he was here, despite the very good job he did.

Either way, it's not good for Hearts. For me, retaining him is a better option than yet another new manager - which is a complete lottery. I keep stressing this - in the 4 seasons he's managed us at the start of the season he's put together a squad quickly and made very good starts to each season, so yes I think he can do that again. The thing with Robbie is the pressure for him to win every game and play well in every game is way beyond the expectations I've seen with other Hearts managers. It was weird last time around with him, and although it's less weird this time as Jan-April was terrible the fact is people were starting to call for his head last November. 

I think we should look at Rangers and Gerrard. He was very uninspiring at first and still hasn't won a cup, and he's not met what would be Rangers' fans expectations, but they stuck with him and he eventually built the team they wanted and delivered.

Italian Lambretta

The Mods would be as well closing this thread because Budge is not for budging. 

The sooner the fans are back inside Tynie the stubborn women will soon learn the error of her ways when she gets the wrath of the fans.

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The first Neilson out thread (or maybe even poll) went up in November 2020. The league started in October 2020. That's just mad, especially considering how well we started. I'd be more likely to agree with Neilson out lot if that particular group wasn't so infested with people who had zero intention of ever giving him (or anyone they see associated with Levein and Budge) a chance. As it is, I'd rather back him based on his previous record with us, the extenuating circumstances  brought on by the pandemic and relegation (neither of which are anything to do with him), the fact some senior players have let us down again this season, and the fact that this season as a whole has not actually been as bad as folk are making out. IMO.

You make a few good points there. I agree that it was ridiculous first time round and for some, it's part of a bigger agenda 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 13/04/2021 at 07:33, HighTimes said:

To quote one Utd season ticket holder I know, 'I would eat my own puke before I would have that useless ***** back at Tannadice'.

Well of course he'd say that. D Utd fans aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the box. look how they behaved last year. Wonder what he thinks of Laslo and the previous bunch who got Utd relegated and failed to get Utd promoted the previous seasons? Mellon has been terrible - he can't even get goals out of Shankland. Neilson turned him into a Scotland international and 3m-rated striker (apparently) if we think back to last season.

Surely sensible Utd fans know that they probably would have done better this season under Neilson? After all, they made very few signings last summer, so it's mostly a squad Neilson built to win the championship that could yet finish top 6.

14 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The Mods would be as well closing this thread because Budge is not for budging. 

The sooner the fans are back inside Tynie the stubborn women will soon learn the error of her ways when she gets the wrath of the fans.

The trouble with that is, fans unhappy with the way things are, are unlikely to be back into Tynecastle to make their feeling known whilst Neilson is still there!!

Neilson Out

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

The trouble with that is, fans unhappy with the way things are, are unlikely to be back into Tynecastle to make their feeling known whilst Neilson is still there!!

Neilson Out

Good. Space is likely to be limited anyhow at least at the start of next season. Let people in who want to try to do their bit to help the team instead of boo from day 1 if they don't get their way. The day you do that is the day you put your hatred of Neilson and/or Budge ahead of your love for Hearts.

34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Good. Space is likely to be limited anyhow at least at the start of next season. Let people in who want to try to do their bit to help the team instead of boo from day 1 if they don't get their way. The day you do that is the day you put your hatred of Neilson and/or Budge ahead of your love for Hearts.

👍

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

No, I think he was up against it from the start with some of the support and the Brora result was the last thing he needed. It gave them the excuse they wanted and it brought others over to their side. I think he has to win a cup. I honestly don't think finishing 3rd next season will even be enough for a minority of our support who seem to genuinely loathe the guy and did the first time he was here, despite the very good job he did.

Either way, it's not good for Hearts. For me, retaining him is a better option than yet another new manager - which is a complete lottery. I keep stressing this - in the 4 seasons he's managed us at the start of the season he's put together a squad quickly and made very good starts to each season, so yes I think he can do that again. The thing with Robbie is the pressure for him to win every game and play well in every game is way beyond the expectations I've seen with other Hearts managers. It was weird last time around with him, and although it's less weird this time as Jan-April was terrible the fact is people were starting to call for his head last November. 

I think we should look at Rangers and Gerrard. He was very uninspiring at first and still hasn't won a cup, and he's not met what would be Rangers' fans expectations, but they stuck with him and he eventually built the team they wanted and delivered.

I sort of get where you are coming though ..gerrard is a winner though, you could always see what he wanted / what he demanded from his players. And he ruthlessly chopped them when it didn’t work.

we have players plodding around, like over 70’s walking football and Robbie blames the pitch / the ref. It’s back to that word standards 

Brauhauser2012
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I sort of get where you are coming though ..gerrard is a winner though, you could always see what he wanted / what he demanded from his players. And he ruthlessly chopped them when it didn’t work.

we have players plodding around, like over 70’s walking football and Robbie blames the pitch / the ref. It’s back to that word standards 

F@#k sake he compared Neilson to Gerrard! Oh my God. I bet he was happy with CL too. "He'll get it right next season, just give him another summer transfer window". Neilson is as thick as two short planks. With the resources at his disposal we can't beat welders and accountants and some people think thats acceptable. Gerrard! 😳

Was given a small update, as it stands Neilson and his staff are preparing as normal for next season as no decision on his future has been made, the board agreed to let the season complete as promotion was almost secured and will now reassess the situation in the next 2/3 weeks where the final decision on his future will be made 👍🏻Next few results most likely will make the decision for them 

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Was given a small update, as it stands Neilson and his staff are preparing as normal for next season as no decision on his future has been made, the board agreed to let the season complete as promotion was almost secured and will now reassess the situation in the next 2/3 weeks where the final decision on his future will be made 👍🏻Next few results most likely will make the decision for them 

If true, that makes no sense at all.

Thanks for the update.

To base any decision on 3 meaningless games is ludicrous though and a complete waste of everyone’s time. We have all seen enough for a judgement to be made. Meanwhile we lose time on recruitment whilst we delay over Neilson’s position. 

If Neilson goes does the recruitment plans get thrown out the window and we start again with the new manager?

I wish Budge would be decisive for once and make the right decision!

Neilson Out! 

siegementality
20 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

The next few results should make not the slightest bit of difference.

Neilson is not the person to take us where we all want to be. I don’t intend to be paying any money toward his shite brand of football.

Just get him punted FFS!

siegementality
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Slaver alert!!!

glynnlondon
22 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's Budge so anything is possible tbf

20 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If we lose 2/3 games for example the chance of him being here next season is unlikely, we win all 3 budge will use it as reason to try keep him. The 2 sides being given are keep him and use the funds in the squad instead of wasting on compensation and new staff and hope we kick on. However the other side is losing funding and support from the fans and it going wrong meaning compensation would need to be paid anyway at somepoint next season 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Well of course he'd say that. D Utd fans aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the box. look how they behaved last year. Wonder what he thinks of Laslo and the previous bunch who got Utd relegated and failed to get Utd promoted the previous seasons? Mellon has been terrible - he can't even get goals out of Shankland. Neilson turned him into a Scotland international and 3m-rated striker (apparently) if we think back to last season.

Surely sensible Utd fans know that they probably would have done better this season under Neilson? After all, they made very few signings last summer, so it's mostly a squad Neilson built to win the championship that could yet finish top 6.

Neilson TURNED him into a Scotland International? After 3 months and a dozen games Neilson somehow transformed him? He scored more goals for Ayr than he did for United. Your excuses and fantasy are only rivalled by those made by Levein and his protege. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

If we lose 2/3 games for example the chance of him being here next season is unlikely, we win all 3 budge will use it as reason to try keep him. The 2 sides being given are keep him and use the funds in the squad instead of wasting on compensation and new staff and hope we kick on. However the other side is losing funding and support from the fans and it going wrong meaning compensation would need to be paid anyway at somepoint next season 

It wouldn’t surprise me if the club didn’t know this but nobody gets their compensation up front, they get paid their wage until the end of the contract or they get another job. That’s what happens at all other clubs, maybe you could pass it on. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Slaver alert!!!

Hahahahaha only “real” Hearts fans allowed, or those willing to pay for a test an hour before the game starts. 

SomethingAboutObua
32 minutes ago, colinzeal said:

Thanks for the update.

To base any decision on 3 meaningless games is ludicrous though and a complete waste of everyone’s time. We have all seen enough for a judgement to be made. Meanwhile we lose time on recruitment whilst we delay over Neilson’s position. 

If Neilson goes does the recruitment plans get thrown out the window and we start again with the new manager?

I wish Budge would be decisive for once and make the right decision!

Neilson Out! 

Just have to shake your head don't you, the decision making between departments is so disjointed, I'm not wanting 5 year plans but what is the club's realistic goal for the next 2 years? Surely they can see Robbie Neilson can't take the club there based on this year and the fans reaction to him, but the club is still ploughing ahead and making a long term recruitment plan and hiring people with him still in place? 

If theres big changes being made behind the scenes then we need to get in a new manager that can work under the new system, Savage and have the fans onside. 

Rocky jamboa
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The reason he was "up against it from the start" was because he confirmed fans fears after a few games with the same, boring, slow football as last time. Thats why people were calling for his head from November. Most fans i know were glad to see the back of him last time. 

The Brora result being the last thing he needed is the understatement of the century! However, it was on the cards and was the final nail in his coffin - or it should have been. People want him away because he's not the right man for the job, not because they "loathe the guy"!

19 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

It's Budge so anything is possible tbf

We were fortunate Budge came along with her money when she did. 

However, she knows very little about running a club and cant see why she's prolonging the agony by not handing control over to the foundation.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if the club didn’t know this but nobody gets their compensation up front, they get paid their wage until the end of the contract or they get another job. That’s what happens at all other clubs, maybe you could pass it on. 

As much as I agree with this most clubs plan for the full amount to be paid out incase the manager takes a break or doesn’t get the right offer for a while etc. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
30 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

These 3 games are completely meaningless to us. Making a decision on dead rubbers is stupid. The decision should have been made already.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

These 3 games are completely meaningless to us. Making a decision on dead rubbers is stupid. The decision should have been made already.

The decision has been made already. 

He's staying. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

The decision has been made already. 

He's staying. 

Very good Tosh. If that was the case, then Budge will deal with the consequences.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

As much as I agree with this most clubs plan for the full amount to be paid out incase the manager takes a break or doesn’t get the right offer for a while etc. 

Why would you give the full amount right away then? If they take a break or don’t get a job then fine. Why would you pay them their full two years for them to get a new job right away, that just doesn’t happen. Levein and Macphee for instance were paid until their contract finished, teams sack managers all over the world whether  is required or not.

It will depend on how the contract is worded though.