Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

As much as I think he will be the manager next season I don't think that decision has been categorically made yet. If it had been I am certain we would have had one of Budge's sanctimonious edicts congratulating the management team and reassuring us everything was in place for success next season this week after the league was won.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I sort of get where you are coming though ..gerrard is a winner though, you could always see what he wanted / what he demanded from his players. And he ruthlessly chopped them when it didn’t work.

we have players plodding around, like over 70’s walking football and Robbie blames the pitch / the ref. It’s back to that word standards 

All managers make excuses. Lots of Hearts fans seem to want McInnes and he's the king of excuses! Can't disagree about the plodders. No idea what that's all about but last time under Neilson I don't remember our fitness being an issue. With no fans, I think some of our experienced players thought they didn't need to do as much to win this league. Alloa was certainly a big difference. Neilson can certainly take some blame for that - it's his job to get them up for every game.

Guest ToqueJambo
40 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The reason he was "up against it from the start" was because he confirmed fans fears after a few games with the same, boring, slow football as last time. Thats why people were calling for his head from November. Most fans i know were glad to see the back of him last time. 

That's utter nonsense. In the first few months up to Xmas, we scored 3+ goals in 8 of our 16 games. We threw in a derby win as well but only scored 2 in that one. We only failed to score in 1 game and only lost 4 (one on pens to Celtic). What more do folk want - 3 goals every game. Deluded.

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Very good Tosh. If that was the case, then Budge will deal with the consequences.

To be fair, she'd have to deal with the consequences if she sacked him too. 

Rocky jamboa
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's utter nonsense. In the first few months up to Xmas, we scored 3+ goals in 8 of our 16 games. We threw in a derby win as well but only scored 2 in that one. We only failed to score in 1 game and only lost 4 (one on pens to Celtic). What more do folk want - 3 goals every game. Deluded.

If you're satisfied with what you've seen this season, what you saw last time he was in charge, and think he deserves next season then its you who's deluded! 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

If you're satisfied with what you've seen this season, what you saw last time he was in charge, and think he deserves next season then its you who's deluded! 

You said most Hearts fans you know wanted Neilson out last time - when we were never below 3rd in the league (any league in 2.5 seasons at any time) under him. They got their wish and look what happened. Not sure I'm the deluded one.

glynnlondon
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

To be fair, she'd have to deal with the consequences if she sacked him too. 

She'll be targeted when her pet ****s it up and rightly so.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

She'll be targeted when her pet ****s it up and rightly so.

Always good when one of the "Phoodle" crew joins in.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Bad Religion said:

Comparing Steven Gerrard and Robbie Neilson. It’s laughable. 

It would be if anyone had. At least Neilson has nearly won the SC as a manager. Gerrard can't even win a SC semi-final.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Was given a small update, as it stands Neilson and his staff are preparing as normal for next season as no decision on his future has been made, the board agreed to let the season complete as promotion was almost secured and will now reassess the situation in the next 2/3 weeks where the final decision on his future will be made 👍🏻Next few results most likely will make the decision for them 

What do you mean promotion is "almost" secured. It is secured. We are promoted.

glynnlondon
24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Always good when one of the "Phoodle" crew joins in.

Just telling it like it is bud

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I sort of get where you are coming though ..gerrard is a winner though, you could always see what he wanted / what he demanded from his players. And he ruthlessly chopped them when it didn’t work.

we have players plodding around, like over 70’s walking football and Robbie blames the pitch / the ref. It’s back to that word standards 

So fuc.... simple to say Gerrard is a winner etc after he has won.

Can you tell us who next season's winners are going to be?

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Been told he's staying, you never know someone may be able to convince Ann 👍

If he was going anywhere you would know already.

As pointed out the remaining games are meaningless and a chance to try young players.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

They don't want emptied oot the cups by diddies and 2 wins in 9 league games. They don't want a manager blaming everything but wher the fault really is  (after saying it was the pitches/weather) to the point the players are in the media apologizing for this shit show.  Obviously you're OK with that but others have expectations of better things  having spent £60 million in 7 seasons. 

£60 million.

To end up in the 2nd tier. Great value for money, eh ? 

And yet you spend all your time on here obsessing over fans who are unhappy about that. 

Jambof3tornado
7 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

If we lose 2/3 games for example the chance of him being here next season is unlikely, we win all 3 budge will use it as reason to try keep him. The 2 sides being given are keep him and use the funds in the squad instead of wasting on compensation and new staff and hope we kick on. However the other side is losing funding and support from the fans and it going wrong meaning compensation would need to be paid anyway at somepoint next season 

Robbie should be judged on the whole seasons performances which on the whole, simply put, have been nowhere near the required standard.

Budge needs to get the hell out of our club and let footballing people come in and run our club properly.

Boab Mugabe

The only thing Budge will pay attention to and act on is poor season ticket sales, not a few laddies out on the Plaza or some posters or stuff on the internet.

Anyone wanting that change has to hold off on sales. I don’t expect that a small drop in uptake will do it either. It needs to be a significant enough percentage to force her hand.

I doubt any boycott will materialise.

The Real Maroonblood
12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Good. Space is likely to be limited anyhow at least at the start of next season. Let people in who want to try to do their bit to help the team instead of boo from day 1 if they don't get their way. The day you do that is the day you put your hatred of Neilson and/or Budge ahead of your love for Hearts.

What a lot of pish as usual.

We beat Alloa and folk think maybe booboo can turn it around, he has to go, nobody to blame but himself and his thick skin, shit tactics, post match embarrassing rants and hopeless signings etc.

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The decision has been made already. 

He's staying. 

Of course he's staying. It fits in with Budge's relentless pursuit of mediocrity.

Worse still is the acceptance of mediocrity by 'fans'. 

The whole club reeks of underachievement and an absolutely disgusting squandering of resource. 

That's what happens when the prime focus of Heart of Midlothian Football Club is not the first team but rather community initiatives and ****ing women's football. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Of course he's staying. It fits in with Budge's relentless pursuit of mediocrity.

The whole club reeks of underachievement and an absolutely disgusting squandering of resource. 

That's what happens when the prime focus of Heart of Midlothian Football Club is not the first team but rather community initiatives and ****ing women's football. 

Yet some supporters readily accept it.

Weird behaviour.

They’ve definitely got a screw loose.

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The decision has been made already. 

He's staying. 

And who told you?

Italian Lambretta
2 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

The club will suffer through season ticket sales that’s guaranteed!! 
Absolute joke if he stays.

Aye but think about all that extra space the fans that are there will have to russtle their sweety papers in discontent.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Aye but think about all that extra space the fans that are there will have to russtle their sweety papers in discontent.

:lol:

Sadly this will probably end badly.

There’s nothing to suggest the clown will prove people wrong.

Rick Sanchez

This will all end with another protest outside the main stand demanding the removal of Neilson and Budge when fans are back.

Doesn't take Mystic Meg to see that. So unfortunately next season is already a write off.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

And who told you?

He's still here. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Prime focus is the women's team..... No it isnae. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

Sadly this will probably end badly.

There’s nothing to suggest the clown will prove people wrong.

Not necessarily, maybe the oot crowd will hold true to thier slavering and not come near Tynecastle if Robbies still here. 

Win/ win. 

They can **** off somewhere else, the rest of us get to watch and get behind the team. 

Wrong quote... 

colinmorewasgash
9 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Was given a small update, as it stands Neilson and his staff are preparing as normal for next season as no decision on his future has been made, the board agreed to let the season complete as promotion was almost secured and will now reassess the situation in the next 2/3 weeks where the final decision on his future will be made 👍🏻Next few results most likely will make the decision for them 

Ah well McInnes for Dundee utd, Neill for Sheff Wed and we will be left with Bob and Ann. Joy lol. Another mediocre season ahead. Already talking about making sure we stay up and I'm sure they ll blame fans for not buying season tickets for the players we can afford, so more money wasted on dross and mediocrity and no challenge for sheep and hibs then, the 3rd biggest club in country. We have become old school Hibs, shiny stand, great restaurant, crap first team.

The fact an average team like Hibs who still have Hanlon and Stevenson in their squad are third tells you how bad a league it is at moment. Iam sure the usual suspects will say wait and see in Bob we trust but Ive waited and saw last 5 years through Ann and influence of Levein the messiah. The man that has said Robbie is like a young Alex Ferguson haha.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

12k fans behind the team. Is better than 13k with 1000 arseholes slagging everything in maroon imo. 

If we are determined to have change i.e "Neilson Out" the standoff between the discontented 75% and Budge will have to stay strong.
The only viable way of getting the message across is not to buy, or renew season tickets or merchandise. It's a tough call, but unfortunately it's the only way to get Budge to sit up and listen.
Personally, it's shocking that it has come to this situation. But what more can we do?

The choice is simply - Another Budge  fantasist 5-year plan with the inspiring Neilson, or short term sacrifice letting the club know in no uncertain terns that enough is enough!

Neilson Out    

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

12k fans behind the team. Is better than 13k with 1000 arseholes slagging everything in maroon imo. 

You think 12k fans would have got behind the team when QoS took the lead after two minutes?

You have been wrong every step of the way so perhaps you need to realise who knows their football and who the slavers are.

2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

If we are determined to have change i.e "Neilson Out" the standoff between the discontented 75% and Budge will have to stay strong.
The only viable way of getting the message across is not to buy, or renew season tickets or merchandise. It's a tough call, but unfortunately it's the only way to get Budge to sit up and listen.
Personally, it's shocking that it has come to this situation. But what more can we do?

The choice is simply - Another Budge  fantasist 5-year plan with the inspiring Neilson, or short term sacrifice letting the club know in no uncertain terns that enough is enough!

Neilson Out    

A rearguard action methinks.

50 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a lot of pish as usual.

That's all that pair (Toque and Srb) are capable of. Talking pi$h!
They can't get it into their heads that the space in the ground is irrelevant! The c£500 per ticket is a hit in the clubs coffers irrespective of who turns up on a Saturday. 
But that is too much for these Neilson dullards to understand!  
Incidentally I ignore them.....Haven't read anything from them that adds weight to any argument....The counter claim is usually a wind up knowing that they will get a reaction. I usually only get to see what they post when someone responds to their usual inane comments

Neilson Out

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

That's all that pair (Toque and Srb) are capable of. Talking pi$h!
They can't get it into their heads that the space in the ground is irrelevant! The c£500 per ticket is a hit in the clubs coffers irrespective of who turns up on a Saturday. 
But that is too much for these Neilson dullards to understand!  
Incidentally I ignore them.....Haven't read anything from them that adds weight to any argument....The counter claim is usually a wind up knowing that they will get a reaction. I usually only get to see what they post when someone responds to their usual inane comments

Neilson Out

:greatpost:

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You said most Hearts fans you know wanted Neilson out last time - when we were never below 3rd in the league (any league in 2.5 seasons at any time) under him. They got their wish and look what happened. Not sure I'm the deluded one.

Who's fault was that? Has to be the Chair? Yet despite unconvincing performances this season, you think RN is the right person for the job going forward. Fair enough, but if it goes pear shaped as many think it will, then shows another poor decision at Chair level. IMO.

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Haha, great comment 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You think 12k fans would have got behind the team when QoS took the lead after two minutes?

You have been wrong every step of the way so perhaps you need to realise who knows their football and who the slavers are.

Not wrong every step of the way. 

Robbie first time leaving and cl leaving I said things could get worse as the usual suspects cebrated. 

Sacking a manager and coaching team isn't even half a plan. 

Also guarantees **** all. 

So not always wrong. 

👍

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, brux said:

Sorry don't get this 

Happy clapper. 

Quite funny tho. 😊

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Happy clapper. 

Quite funny tho. 😊

Ah, the old if you don't bash the club at every opportunity you are complicit in any demise and it's your fault and a happy clapper.

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not wrong every step of the way. 

Robbie first time leaving and cl leaving I said things could get worse as the usual suspects cebrated. 

Sacking a manager and coaching team isn't even half a plan. 

Also guarantees **** all. 

So not always wrong. 

👍

So the Chairs fault for not recruiting properly after RN walked out, and Levein emptied (too late, imo) therefore another poor decision from the Chair.

It looks as if the club are willing to just sweep all the turgid football and shocking results in the cups this season under the carpet? Are they? Well just because we acheived promotion from the diddy league that we have 10x the budget of any of the other teams in, that is not progress for me, some might say so but for me that's setting the bar extremely low, we have acheived the bare minimum and thats not worthy of the term progress.

Tbh I'm delighted we are up but it's more releif than anything else,they are all culpable for me, from budge to murray to neilson and coaches and then back down to the players, something needs to change, we are still papering over massive cracks and the club just isn't right imo, I sincerely hope that changes are afoot.

Let's be clear here, I want Nelson gone, the football has at times been turgid and while I have some sympathy that a LOT of senior players have let this club down again, he is past the point of no return.

But let's not beat around the bush, some fans wanted him gone even when we were skelping 6 past Dundee. They did not want him back and were never going to judge from their stance, they have been vocal against Nielson from day 1. Even if we went the whole season unbeaten in the league, even if we scored 3 goals every single game, probably even if we had won the Scottish cup, this group of fans would not have been happy until Nelson is gone.

It's very strange behaviour, I want what is best for Hearts, I want us to play with energy, fight and some flair and that has been alcking for some time...but hating a guy who has such a long assoywith the club, who got us promoted twice?...all very strange 

gowestjambo
4 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Let's be clear here, I want Nelson gone, the football has at times been turgid and while I have some sympathy that a LOT of senior players have let this club down again, he is past the point of no return.

But let's not beat around the bush, some fans wanted him gone even when we were skelping 6 past Dundee. They did not want him back and were never going to judge from their stance, they have been vocal against Nielson from day 1. Even if we went the whole season unbeaten in the league, even if we scored 3 goals every single game, probably even if we had won the Scottish cup, this group of fans would not have been happy until Nelson is gone.

It's very strange behaviour, I want what is best for Hearts, I want us to play with energy, fight and some flair and that has been alcking for some time...but hating a guy who has such a long assoywith the club, who got us promoted twice?...all very strange 

A lot of Fans thought it was the wrong appointment to begin with. Having watched the most eye bleeding ponderous attempts to play football, they have been proved right. (apart from a handful of games)

Neilson had a chance to prove the Doubters wrong, but failed miserably. If our form had continued after the opening fixture against Dundee, there is no doubt in my mind Neilson would have won over a large percentage of them. As it is, he has merely proved their judgement to be correct.

1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

It looks as if the club are willing to just sweep all the turgid football and shocking results in the cups this season under the carpet? Are they? Well just because we acheived promotion from the diddy league that we have 10x the budget of any of the other teams in, that is not progress for me, some might say so but for me that's setting the bar extremely low, we have acheived the bare minimum and thats not worthy of the term progress.

Tbh I'm delighted we are up but it's more releif than anything else,they are all culpable for me, from budge to murray to neilson and coaches and then back down to the players, something needs to change, we are still papering over massive cracks and the club just isn't right imo, I sincerely hope that changes are afoot.

What leads you to believe that it's all getting swept under the carpet?
I'm not disagreeing with you, nor do I have any ITK evidence to suggest alternative action. Budge has gone into full lockdown mode, hardly the reaction of someone to come out to defend their, or employees positions!

As a matter of fact there is more news coming out of Tynecastle regarding our "illustrious" cafe than there is about the football!  
Securing promotion got about 3 lines on the official website...About as low key as it could get. 

Something is brewing behind locked doors at Tynecastle. No full support, or endorsement of Neilson. FoH are keeping silent. Something has to give, or someone needs to break ranks. Personally, I think this saga has some way to go yet. May could be a pivotal month. If, as I believe when Neilson does leave. The new guy will need as much time as possible to prepare for the August league start.
This is just another chapter that we need to close, and close quickly under the leadership of Queen Ann (sic!)...

Neilson Out