Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

LarrysRightFoot
7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Taken in isolation, you’re right in saying cup shocks happen all the time. Sadly this isn’t an isolated incident. Twice in less than 6 months we’ve went out of a cup competition at the hands of a part time side. Last night was a symptom of the malaise the current regime have allowed to creep in over the last 4 years or so. 

I agree 100%. There’s something fundamentally wrong at the club. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Why's he still in a job?

Watching Hearts this season just puts me in a bad mood. We are so bad when we probably have the 3rd or 4th biggest budget in Scotland. Something is rotten to the core at Hearts and IMO it's Budge. Get her out and overhaul the whole football and business side of the club. Football comes first, without that everything else falls down. It's about time someone sat her down and told her she needs to make the tough decisions. She's making a healthy sum where she is and is in a position of privilege. Fair enough she saved us but that doesn't give her free reign. 

Skivingatwork

Incredible that he’s still in a job. Sadly though not unexpected from the club and a poor reflection on how the football side of the operation is run.

Chuck Berry
16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

How the badword is he still with us??

He should have gone last night ffs.

Should have been relieved of his duties immediately after the final whistle.

Frank Sidebottom

I have zero confidence whatsoever that Budge actually understands the magnitude of the result last night and will act on it. 

What does it say about the standards at the club if he is not removed immediately after a result, and more importantly a performance, like that?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

How long is his contract again? 

shree years.

Fire_At_The_Disco
48 minutes ago, Gambo said:

How the badword is he still with us??

He should have gone last night ffs.

Untouchable mate....for reference see Budge/Levein 

SomethingAboutObua

So there's no rumours either way then? No hope to hang onto and no hope to disappoint us when she inevitably doesn't sack him I suppose

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

So there's no rumours either way then? No hope to hang onto and no hope to disappoint us when she inevitably doesn't sack him I suppose

Tbf, the only manager sacking rumour under budge that I can remember was cathro. Levein and stendel (more Robbie's second appointment than his sacking) cane out the blue.

SomethingAboutObua
2 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Tbf, the only manager sacking rumour under budge that I can remember was cathro. Levein and stendel (more Robbie's second appointment than his sacking) cane out the blue.

Very true, weirdly there was practically a rumour Levein had been sacked every game until the St Johnstone game and then there was nothing that night.

This is genuinely the worst result in our entire history. No manager can survive this. Cancelled my donations and I'll hold them until they both go. Absolute DISGRACE.

May one-six
2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

If there is no news by lunchtime he won't be sacked, sadly.

I know the comms at the club are as piss poor as the manager and players, but surely they don't think they can ride this out without some indication of what will happen in the immediate future?

credit card

Enough is enough - P45 time. Sick of the absolute dross being served up to us for good money. 

He has overseen 3 of the worst results ever for Hearts. Birkirkara, Alloa and Brora Rangers. In all 3 games we were pants. It wasn't a case goalie has a brilliant game, or spawny goals, or dodgy refs - we were mince with no grit in all 3 under his motivational "spell".

Seriously Ann get him and all the players coming to end of their contracts told today they too are not fit for the famous Heart of Midlothian. Play the bairns they can't be worse.

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Very true, weirdly there was practically a rumour Levein had been sacked every game until the St Johnstone game and then there was nothing that night.

Yeah exactly. I think the levein sacking was at a point were even the few that still wanted to give him a chance had given up (similar to Robbie now) as he had a full round of fixtures by that point. Robbie should leave after that result and the way we have been this season. My faith in the board to make it happen is lacking though.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Oliver Cromwell | eHISTORY

“You have been sat to long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!.”

Olly C knew the script.

“Olly Olly Ceeeee....Olly Olly Ceeeee”

SomethingAboutObua
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Sportsound podcast. Robbie interview 33 minutes in

So hes not been sacked then. Quality club management as always. 

1 hour ago, Holtie said:

Sorry am I missing something here? Are you seriously saying there is an overreaction to last nights result? In isolation I would agree but this has been coming - the football is simply awful to watch and are you happy being knocked out by Alloa in the League Cup. Keyboard warrior...you better believe it!!

I wrote that on 20 November 2021 ffs. When we were shite and not the total shite show we are now. 

NextGenerationJambo

This entire season has been nothing short of an embarrassment. The result last night was just the icing on the cake and unfortunately doesn’t even come as a shock to me and probably many others. I fail to see a single area that Neilson is competent in. We leak goals, we can’t break down teams that have a fraction of our budget, we are poor from set pieces. Can anyone name a single player that has improved as a footballer under Neilson? We have internationalists being made to look utterly average by part time players, teams must absolutely love playing against us. You could forgive it all if we were doing what we set out to do this season and demolishing every team in our path or at the very least, playing out of our skin attempting to do so, instead we’re out both cups to part time opposition and limping over the finish line in the league. After the way we were treated last season, we had a real chance to show people what we are made of as a club, instead we lack the most basic principles of a football team: no passion, no intent, no creativity, pish signings, pish tactics and worst of all, excuses galore. It’s bad now but if we don’t make some big changes we are in very big trouble of getting relegated again (if we make it up) and this time we won’t have an excuse. If Budge had any foresightedness at all she would see we are regressing at an exponential rate. How she can’t see whats unfolding in front of her is genuinely bemusing. She’s clearly an intelligent woman and has shown in the past that’s she’s not scared to be cut-throat, so why now, at a defining time for our club, has she decided that everything is going to “plan”? The silence is deafening and after everything the fans have been through and done for the club we deserve more. I personally won’t cancel my pledge but I don’t blame anyone that decides to because as many have said it’s clearly the only language they speak. Neilson out. Budge out. “Players” out. Or I and many others will be out. 

1 hour ago, Mister T said:

I wrote that on 20 November 2021 ffs. When we were shite and not the total shite show we are now. 

Apologies...in a blind rage!

There's no way back for him.Worst result in the club's history.No manager in any club could survive that stigma. As someone posted I'm only watching Saturday cos I've got absolutely nothing else to do.

I have been following Hearts for over 60 years, and despite some of the debacles I have witnessed ie Admin, bad defeats to, let's say lesser teams ect I have always always stood up for my team ( probably like many others on here). But for the first time I am embarrassed by my team and it really hurts. So thank you Levein, Neilson,  for doing something I never ever thought could happen. As many have said we need a root and branch clear out , but I'm afraid it ain't gonna happen anytime soon. HHGH!!. 

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

It gets worse (never thought it could!) Just dropped my son at his childminder and it was the top feature story on radio 2 sports bulletin 🙈

yeah i woke up to a lot of messages from mates all over the uk slagging us off even people I know who dont follow football :rifle:

2 hours ago, 1902hewat said:

Suppose it’s the same as Hibs fans felt in 2012

Did they have to watch their team struggle against part time teams regularly, get knocked out of the league cup by one and then get knocked out of the Scottish cup by a non-league outfit who barely trained and hadn't played a competitive match in months?

Yes getting beaten by your local rivals is bad, but Robbie Neilson is the undisputed master when it comes to breaking records for "worst defeats in history". He takes it to another level time and time again yet Ann Budge just gives him a pat on the back and carries on business as usual.

All roads lead to Gorgie

We need to pressure the club by all ways we can. Emails telling them we will not be putting any cash in until the man who has just given us the worst result in our history is removed and there is a proper open process in place to find a manager who really wants to take us to proper success, we all deserve after that after putting up with so much dross for ages now.

I always love football fans saying they 'deserve' better.  Like we're more worthy than fans of any other club.

We should certainly expect better than the current situation for what we have spent, that's for sure

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Diego10 said:

I always love football fans saying they 'deserve' better.  Like we're more worthy than fans of any other club.

We should certainly expect better than the current situation for what we have spent, that's for sure

We're the third biggest in the country. What should we expect? 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We're the third biggest in the country. What should we expect? 

I said we should expect better.  Though we're not the third biggest in the country financially, we're well behind Aberdeen

Robbo-Jambo

Neilson on the official website saying that last night was unacceptable 😴

Really Robbie, really.

Absolute joke.

Hang your head in ******* shame you clown.

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Really Robbie, really.

Absolute joke.

He should be handing in his resignation ffs.  

All these people who voted on the poll not to sack him now should be ashamed and that was before the game last night........many Hearts fans are like ostriches. Unfortunately so are the current owners and board and before they realise it’s far too late 

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

I said we should expect better.  Though we're not the third biggest in the country financially, we're well behind Aberdeen

What does "better" mean? And we aren't well behind Aberdeen financially. 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

no we aren’t. The difference in turnover last season was less than the difference in prize money. 

Their overall wage bill was 500k higher. But that included mcinnes who was being paid over £800k per annum. 

We outsold them on season tickets by near 50%  and this was before the new stand / restaurant / hospitality was fully operational.

we aren’t actually behind them anywhere except where it counts 

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Really Robbie, really.

Absolute joke.

This. I know everything has probably been said but the anger I have for this guy is worse than Cathro, Levein or Tommy McClean. Absolute joker. Worst result in Europe for Hearts and now the whole of Scottish football.........since the foundation of the game.

7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Really Robbie, really.

Absolute joke.

I imagine he consulted his post-match notes from the money-spinner, Birkirkara and Alloa debacles and just made a few minor adjustments here and there.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

If Budge sacked him she’d spend 6 weeks on a new manager search and then appoint Stuart McColl.

I'd take Davina McCall as manager right now. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )