• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I didn't expect to wake up to his sacking but I did expect to wake up to the phoodle posters all over Tynecastle and the plaza. If the phoodle/plane mob were unhappy last time and at his reappointment, then they must be fuming just now.

Here’s a photo of the one I took down off Aldi in Gorgie, I should’ve left it. Print it off. 

F34330AD-78B7-438B-9D30-A6F71F348167.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Why has a so called Hearts man not resigned yet??

He's probably spent the afternoon being persuaded to stay by the Board.

Nothing would surprise me these days.

Its nearly 5pm and this ***** is still an employee of the Heart of Midlothian. 

Honestly, its shit like this that makes me miss Vlad, lets make no bones about it, had he still been here Robbie would have been sacked on the final whistle and left up there as only club employees would be on the bus. 

Neilson needs to **** off now. Not wanted. We can do better. 

ford donald
30 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Same mindset as the other so called Hearts man!

Rick Sanchez
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Here’s a photo of the one I took down off Aldi in Gorgie, I should’ve left it. Print it off. 

F34330AD-78B7-438B-9D30-A6F71F348167.jpeg

:laugh:

The nose gets me. Just reading that bottom bit, Robbie said we were due an apology after the game but didn't actually give one.

Sorry would be the first thing I would be saying if I had a connection with the fans or not.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The nose gets me. Just reading that bottom bit, Robbie said we were due an apology after the game but didn't actually give one.

Sorry would be the first thing I would be saying if I had a connection with the fans or not.

Yeah, I noticed that last night too. Suggests in his head he thinks the players are responsible. 

Last night was the culmination of a season long decline. Its entirely his fault. His players, his tactics, his coaches, his fault. 

Dennis Reynolds

This is the same board that kept Levin on till the bitter end then took 5 weeks to hire a replacement plus another month to hire his assistants.

The same board that didn't plan for relegation even though we were joint bottom/bottom of the league.

They won't have even entertained the idea of sacking Neilson sadly. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I prefer this image

C0AD9361-5479-4909-A374-8BFE02FCC297.jpeg

On 24/03/2021 at 16:18, Gambo said:

Because is is a useless greedy barsteward.

Italian Lambretta

Whats the betting he offers his resignation after the game and Budge turns it down.

Thats if it not already happened

Ernie Eskilsson

Today is why he should’ve been sacked in the week. The team has no shape, no way of playing and absolutely no confidence. The new manager needs time to assess the squad and decide what’s required. We’ll stumble over the line in the Championship anyway so get it done now.

22games nro

His interview tells me he has not one single thought about resigning,

kept emphasising the goals were "individual’ errors and mentioned several times about being 13 points clear but failing to mention other teams have game in hand .

it was all summed up today by keeping white on for 90 minutes, Stevie wonder could see he was having a nightmare but somehow our manager can’t see it !!!

Fitzroy Pointon

Unbelievable to think we're stuck with him until next year unless drastic action is taken. 

Protests outside the ground might work but, as has been mentioned before, the real way to hurt them is to hit them in the pocket. That's the only language they understand. Even Preston said it on the radio, shut up and give us your money. 

Stop FOH payments, don't buy season tickets or merchandise and see how quick they act then. 

Sad state of affairs but I think it's the only way it will happen. 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Unbelievable to think we're stuck with him until next year unless drastic action is taken. 

Protests outside the ground might work but, as has been mentioned before, the real way to hurt them is to hit them in the pocket. That's the only language they understand. Even Preston said it on the radio, shut up and give us your money. 

Stop FOH payments, don't buy season tickets or merchandise and see how quick they act then. 

Yip and the sooner everybody realised it the better. Budge and Co have created a toxic environment and must be forced out ASAP. 

Sick of this guy managing our club. Talks utter nonsense. We need width he says brings in 4-5 wingers and plays none of them. The big guy up front is dynamite in the air yet we don’t cross the ball. Totally lost  with the tactics it changes formation week to week.

He really is useless get rid 

6 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Yep 100% agree mate

We have got to be cruel to be kind, its the only way to fix this shambles at the club, you can rest assured that if they lose half of foh and half the season tickets they will start to make some changes pretty fecking quickly.

Guest ToqueJambo
On 24/03/2021 at 05:23, FTH said:

Did they have to watch their team struggle against part time teams regularly, get knocked out of the league cup by one and then get knocked out of the Scottish cup by a non-league outfit who barely trained and hadn't played a competitive match in months?

Yes getting beaten by your local rivals is bad, but Robbie Neilson is the undisputed master when it comes to breaking records for "worst defeats in history". He takes it to another level time and time again yet Ann Budge just gives him a pat on the back and carries on business as usual.

Hibs had around 10 years of year on year decline (all of their own making), culminating with a 5-1 cup final defeat to their rivals who then also massively contributed to them getting relegated and spending 3 years in the lower leagues. They even found time for a record defeat in Europe. During that time they went on and on about "style" - something some of our fans seem to think is a good strategy. It got Hibs exactly nowhere. When they focused on winning again, they came up and have done better.

However bad we are right now - and we're so bad it's almost funny, you couldn't have scripted today's game any better - we're still not as bad as them during their worst periods. We talk about our manager appointments. Theirs were infinitely worse during that period - almost a manager as year as well. Not really a comfort right now but still worth remembering.

Edited by ToqueJambo

siegementality
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hibs had around 10 years of year on year decline (all of their own making), culminating with a 5-1 cup final defeat to their rivals who then also massively contributed to them getting relegated and spending 3 years in the lower leagues. They even found time for a record defeat in Europe. During that time they went on and on about "style" - something some of our fans seem to think is a good strategy. It got Hibs exactly nowhere. When they focused on winning again, they came up and have done better.

However bad we are right now - and we're so bad it's almost funny, you couldn't have scripted today's game any better - we're still not as bad as them during their worst periods. We talk about our manager appointments. Theirs were infinitely worse during that period - almost a manager as year as well. Not really a comfort right now but still worth remembering.

Is this the new line of defence? We are pish but Hibs were pish for longer?

Are there any straws left to clutch?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Is this the new line of defence? We are pish but Hibs were pish for longer?

Are there any straws left to clutch?

Direct your reply to the person who decided to talk up Hibs at our expense. You can have a go at Hearts, but why talk up Hibs? There are lots of Hibees on this forum as we know so there's never any harm reminding them of their own shiteness whenever they're feeling bold, like now.

siegementality
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Direct your reply to the person who decided to talk up Hibs at our expense. You can have a go at Hearts, but why talk up Hibs? There are lots of Hibees on this forum as we know so there's never any harm reminding them of their own shiteness whenever they're feeling bold, like now.

I’d prefer to ignore people who talk up Hibs. I also prefer not to defend the indefensible. We are dreadful and have been for a few years barring a few odd spells. There is no defence about that and I couldn’t give a monkeys how bad Hibs have been, are, or will be. I’d much prefer we sort out our on mess without deflecting away from it. FTH.

colinmorewasgash
3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

ExfxutPW8AQlATp.jpeg.jpg

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I’d prefer to ignore people who talk up Hibs. I also prefer not to defend the indefensible. We are dreadful and have been for a few years barring a few odd spells. There is no defence about that and I couldn’t give a monkeys how bad Hibs have been, are, or will be. I’d much prefer we sort out our on mess without deflecting away from it. FTH.

Not defending anything. Today was horrible management from Neilson - probably his worst game. Players out of position all over the shop, and not recruiting another defender is hurting us. Talking up Hibs, wanting Hearts to lose, and all the "phoodle" shite? Count me out.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not defending anything. Today was horrible management from Neilson - probably his worst game. Players out of position all over the shop, and not recruiting another defender is hurting us. Talking up Hibs, wanting Hearts to lose, and all the "phoodle" shite? Count me out.

queen ann she likes a good chat about the hibs

1st in line to congratulate them on their historic Scottish cup win

cheering them on for promotion for the good of edinburgh

wanting both Edinburgh clubs to be doing well

cosying up to dempster before dempster played her for a proper mug

the selfie with lennie - mind that :lol:

queen ann our very own hibees cheer leader - must be an awkward one for you :(

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

5 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

queen ann she like a good chat about the hibs

1st in line to congratulate them on their historic Scottish cup win

cheering them on for promotion for the good of edinburgh

wanting both Edinburgh clubs to be doing well

cosying up to dempster before dempster played her for a proper mug

the selfie with lennie - mind that :lol:

queen ann our very own hibees cheer leader - must be an awkward one for you :(

Of the many things I never want to see at Tynecastle again, an owner who relishes any opportunity to cosy up to the Lochend filth is pretty high on the list.

Is anyone actually expecting a statement today?

I know we'd all love one saying Neilson is gone but we know it isn't going to happen. A sorry perhaps?

I reckon they'll be silent and hope for this to blow over-which it definitely won't.

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I know we'd all love one saying Neilson is gone but we know it isn't going to happen. A sorry perhaps?

I reckon they'll be silent and hope for this to blow over-which it definitely won't.

Neilson said on Tuesday we "deserve an apology", as far as I can tell his apology seems to have been getting thumped by Queen of the South. 

1 minute ago, FTH said:

Neilson said on Tuesday we "deserve an apology", as far as I can tell his apology seems to have been getting thumped by Queen of the South. 

Getting beat might have done us a favour, it's more ammo to get him gone. The problem is budge is so stubborn she will probably keep him to prove a point. The point being she's stubborn. How did we get into this mess.

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

This is not going away. Can’t believe he came away with all this nonsense about it only being a blip. The football we are watching,and have been for the past 5/6 years, is utterly woeful. Neilson said ‘we should be happy, we should be enjoying the football but the last 4/5 days has made it difficult’ Is he for real?  I desperately want to enjoy watching Hearts but the football his team produces makes your eyes bleed. Just go!

4 minutes ago, Holtie said:

This is not going away. Can’t believe he came away with all this nonsense about it only being a blip. The football we are watching,and have been for the past 5/6 years, is utterly woeful. Neilson said ‘we should be happy, we should be enjoying the football but the last 4/5 days has made it difficult’ Is he for real?  I desperately want to enjoy watching Hearts but the football his team produces makes your eyes bleed. Just go!

I'm starting to wonder if there's factors we're not seeing keeping him here. His managerial career is over and he'll never manage a team as big as us again. I wonder if he's either not resigning because Budge won't let him or trying to get a string of good results to salvage his career. Either way the club is clearly not their priority.

16 minutes ago, FTH said:

We deserve an apology - he's correct, but he didn't apologise, who does he think should give that apology?  Even if he does say sorry then it's totally not meant or he’d have said it at the time, he'd rather trot out the weirdest pish ever.

6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'm starting to wonder if there's factors we're not seeing keeping him here. His managerial career is over and he'll never manage a team as big as us again. I wonder if he's either not resigning because Budge won't let him or trying to get a string of good results to salvage his career. Either way the club is clearly not their priority.

I suspect the big driver is cash, or the lack of it. We would require to pay Neilson the best part of 2.5 years wages ( that’s after paying Dundee United compensation - another good move by Budge) plus find significant cash to recruit someone with a good pedigree, at a time when we are in a pandemic with reduced income. He’s finished, no doubt,  but I don’t think we can afford to let him go.

Rick Sanchez

The first thing a manager with anything about them would have done is apologise. Unfortunately we have a Levein 2.0 and he's going to have to be sacked.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )