Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Look at the shit show as you say that Levein presided over for how many years?

I am not saying that I am happy with Robbie and the team at the moment but I think you are being a bit unfair on him considering what has gone on before and what he has inherited.

I am not happy with a number of his signings nor the performances but I doubt many of them are costing anything like the amounts of money Levein wasted.

We still have the likes of Damour doing absolutely nothing and one of the highest paid players at the club.

Robbie has as much as said that there is still a core of players at the club that are not interested and he wants rid of them.

I think if she is going to get rid of him it should be done now and put JJ along with Locke in charge for the rest of the season before getting the new man in.

If she doesn't do that and lets Robbie stay on and hopefully secure the Championship and promotion then she could let him go then but I think she will want to give him the chance to prove that he can improve the team.

None of us know what is going on in the background with JJ and our new SD. ARe they currently looking for the players that Robbie wants for next season?

Are they working on trying to offload the rubbish that we have that are still contracted to the club and costing us a lot of money?

It is undoubtedly a difficult call whether to back him or let him go but my money is on her giving him the opportunity to prove himself.

I'm not judging Neilson in comparison with Levein , I'm just looking at the last few months. He is stubborn & tactically inflexible , he's asking players to adopt a style they can't deliver , which isn't getting results (literally) and which has poisoned the club. 

People talk about players being offloaded ? From what I can see the vast majority of contracts expire in 2022 - this is the squad we'll have next year because there is no way we cam move on so many players in such a short space of time. These are the players he's alienated.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm not judging Neilson in comparison with Levein , I'm just looking at the last few months. He is stubborn & tactically inflexible , he's asking players to adopt a style they can't deliver , which isn't getting results (literally) and which has poisoned the club. 

People talk about players being offloaded ? From what I can see the vast majority of contracts expire in 2022 - this is the squad we'll have next year because there is no way we cam move on so many players in such a short space of time. These are the players he's alienated.

Unlike Levein he has also had almost all the players available most of the time. He can't use the injuries excuse. We lost to Brora in SC, Alloa in LC and dropped far motre point in the league than we anticipated at the start of the season.

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

There are 7 or 8 players out of contract or loan ends 

Maroon 1874
34 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Rumour on the go deal agreed with mcinnes for next season and robbie here til end of this season. Not happy with either prospect 

No disrespect sir BUT  :vrface::clyay:       Not as long as my arse points downward!!

Just now, tcjambo said:

Unlike Levein he has also had almost all the players available most of the time. He can't use the injuries excuse. We lost to Brora in SC, Alloa in LC and dropped far motre point in the league than we anticipated at the start of the season.

The difference is : Levein had injuries to contend with but Neilson didn't/doesn't (and he's playing in a pub league) and is apparently just telling the board the squad is full of dross and it's not his fault. But we can all see see how ineffective his "style" and tactics are.  It started off OK but for 2 months at least it has been dire - but he can't change it.  We're being asked to accept a coach who has been useless for the last two months to take us into a brave new world with a squad he has alienated into the Prem next year. 

But he'll have won the Champ so it's all good.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There are 7 or 8 players out of contract or loan ends 

Sure , but the bulk of the squad - which he has alienated - is here until 2022 ? 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Sure , but the bulk of the squad - which he has alienated - is here until 2022 ? 

I’m not disagreeing. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Clubs do it all the time, they are just paid their salary every month until the contract ends or they get another job, same as we did with Levein and Macphee. 
With a drop in FoH contributions and possibly half the season ticket revenue that’s millions we are talking about, we can’t afford not to sack him. 

I agree with you - hopefully we keep the pressure on so she realises there is absolutely no way back for Neilson. 

Maroon 1874
18 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

We need a dynamic figure. Of our recent managers only Stendel and Locke transmitted that feeling of passion and both were ditched by the current regime. Neilson should go along with the ex-Rangers backroom staff with JJ. Locke and Andy Kirk running the show until the end of the season. New manager at the end of the season and i personally would have Stendelback if we apologise to him and he accepts it.

It's going to be expensive but we need shot of a whole host of players like White, Popescu, Halliday, Frear and I never thought I'd say it but maybe even Halkett, Haring and Irving as well. Naismith - depends on his contract. Currently, I would only definitely keep Gordon, Souttar, Boyce and Gnand. I just pray we get Souttar back fully fit next season.

In bold, without hesitation

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Holtie said:

I agree with you - hopefully we keep the pressure on so she realises there is absolutely no way back for Neilson. 

I also she follows him out the door as there’s no way she should have anything to do with hiring a new manager. 

21 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

These are the players in current squad who will be out of contract at the end of the season

Irving

Berra

White

Frear

Kastaneer

Stewart

Zlamail is also out of contract but never really featured not sure about Doyle (currently on loan to Killie)

There are a number of others such as Damour who do nothing and still have lengthy contracts.

I don't disagree with your comments on his tactical inflexibity but I think he is doing that because he feels the current group of players can't play how he would want them to and he is trying to play safe.

The trouble with that approach is that it is just the way Levein played and he signed players and didn't play them or a formation to get the best out of them.

If you think back to when Robbie got us promoted before we played some decent football and he went to Dundee Utd and got them promoted and left tehm with a decent squad.

I don't think when Mellon took over he made all that many signings and they seem to have had an ok season for the first time back in the Premiership for a number of years.

Edited by wavydavy

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

We seem to have a bit of a knack for picking up sulky (alienated) players. I do wonder if this is symptomatic of the state a footballer's mentality in general nowadays. A lot of players fancy they are barry but when reality hits and they are playing Abroath/Alloa/Hamilton (actually take a pick from many) in a Scottish midwinter in an empty stadium they mibbee see it as below their pay grade. 

why the hell is he not getting sacked? i just dont get it.Does the club want to end up completely ****ed and not able to get back what its about to lose.Over robbie ****in neilson man its so bad its comical

19 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Damour is contracted until 31 May 2023 would you believe.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

These are the players in current squad who will be out of contract at the end of the season

Irving

Berra

White

Frear

Kastaneer

Stewart

Zlamail is also out of contract but never really featured not sure about Doyle (currently on loan to Killie)

There are a number of others such as Damour who do nothing and still have lengthy contracts.

I don't disagree with your comments on his tactical inflexibity but I think he is doing that because he feels the current group of players can't play how he would want them to and he is trying to play safe.

The trouble with that approach is that it is just the way Levein played and he signed players and didn't play them or a formation to get the best out of them.

If you think back to when Robbie got us promoted before we played some decent football and he went to Dundee Utd and got them promoted and left tehm with a decent squad.

I don't think when Mellon took over he made all that many signings and they seem to have had an ok season for the first time back in the Premiership for a number of years.

He signed 11 players so only himself to blame if they can’t play the way he wants them to.

1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

In any case, no football club will acknowledge that fan action like this will make them sack a manager. I also doubt the drop off in pledges is that great but time will tell.

The critical thing for me - which Budge has not done - is to come out and say unequivocally that Neilson is here to stay, he has the full backing of the club and will be the man to take us forward & rebuild the team. She has not said that. But she gave him a 3 year deal to do just that. 

My bad - i.e last year we had X many season ticket holders, pledgers etc. and since Robbie has came in we now have X many less, so his cost to the club is £X

Like Budge may not recognise short term results, but if there is a clear impact on the money coming into the club from fans then I think that should force the decision. 

6 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I could be wrong but I'm guessing Neilson was only given one target. Bearing in mind that the competition are taking points off each other it's a fair bet he'll deliver that particular target. Consequently it makes it very difficult to actually sack him. Personally I think the Broad result is a stackable offence but an employment lawyer would argue otherwise.

If he had been given any other clear KPI's and failed it would have been easier to bin him. Unfortunately barring miracles I think we're stuck with him at least until the end of the season.  My worry then would be that she'll give him the first half dozen games in the top league and that would be a disaster.

I don't think you're wrong.  I think the main target he was given was to get us back in the top league.  Bearing in mind the flak she took over giving Levein so long before punting him, she appointed a manager who has probably a better record than anyone for getting teams out of the championship, and it's looking like he's going to add a third time to his resume.  

Taking that into account, irrespective of the style of football we play, and being knocked out of both cups by inferior opposition, he is on track to fulfil the target he was given, so any employer would find it hard to justify dismissing him.  

He's not going anywhere this season, or for part of next season either. He will be given new targets for the first season in the SPL and if the board have concerns about his ability to manage the team and take us forward to meet those targets, if he fails to meet those targets, then they can use his failure to consider sacking him.

I know that's not what most of the fan base wants , and quite possibly even not what the board wants at this point in time, but from a employment law perspective it's pretty much how things are and they have to be careful about how they go about dealing with this situation. 

Edited by Firefox

The_razors_edge

I heard the McInnes rumour last week from a friend of mine who plays for another championship club. His assistant, Docherty, was at our game with Arbroath last week. For what it’s worth I wouldn’t want McInnes either. 

8 minutes ago, Firefox said:

I don't think you're wrong.  I think the main target he was given was to get us back in the top league.  Bearing in mind the flak she took over giving Levein so long before punting him, she appointed a manager who has probably a better record than anyone for getting teams out of the championship, and it's looking like he's going to add a third time to his resume.  

Taking that into account, irrespective of the style of football we play, and being knocked out of both cups by inferior opposition, he is on track to fulfil the target he was given, so any employer would find it hard to justify dismissing him.  

He's not going anywhere this season, or for part of next season either. He will be given new targets for the first season in the SPL and if the board have concerns about his ability to manage the team and take us forward to meet those targets, then they can use his failure to consider sacking him.

I know that's not what most of the fan base wants , and quite possibly even not what the board wants at this point in time, but from a employment law perspective it's pretty much how things are and they have to be careful about how they go about dealing with this situation. 

That's fair enough Firefox....However, targets, personal goals count for nothing if he has effectively lost the support...
And let's be honest..the supporters have deserted him in droves. There is absolutely no way back for him now.

Mrs Budge can argue until she's blue in the face that he has meet his targets and in all likelihood earned his bonus.
But ultimately, she'll no win any argument over the fans that Neilson is the man to take the club forward.
Season tickets sales, or lack of coupled by the already shrinking FoH pledge commitment will soon prove the wake up call she so badly needs 

Edited by Hashimoto

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Thanks for the compliment Dumbo .

Any fool could see that AT THE TIME she chose a manager who had won promotion twice from the Championship and only with hindsight can we judge whether she was right.

The only desperate person is yourself who cannot/will not answer the question and everyone knows why - your usual critical empty rhetoric often laced with nastiness.

Only a fool would put forward the name of a manager who signed Joel Perreira after his illustrious stint with us and you accuse others of not knowng anything about football.  Take a break and give us a break.

Mind the time you said this was all down to injuries :rofl:

Just now, Hashimoto said:

That's fair enough Firefox....However, targets, personal goals count for nothing if he has effectively lost the support...
And let's be honest..the supporters have deserted him in droves. There is absolutely no way back for him now.

Mrs Budge can argue until she's blue in the face that he has meet his targets and in all likelihood earned his bonus.
But ultimately, she'll no win any argument over the fans that Neilson is the man to take the club forward.
Season tickets sales, or lack of coupled by the already shrinking FoH pledge commitment will soon prove the wake up call she so badly needs 

The point I was trying to make is that from Neilson's viewpoint, he's achieved what was asked of him, so if the club sack him he would have a pretty solid case if he took the club to a tribunal for unfair dismissal.  The legal costs of a court battle and any impending compensation should he win at tribunal could by far outweigh the money lost from ST sales and Shrinking FoH pledges.  If they came to amutual agreement for Neilsen to go, it would have to include a sizeable compensation package, and in the current financial climate, that's probably not something they would want to consider.   

48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He signed 11 players so only himself to blame if they can’t play the way he wants them to.

Never said it wasn't him to blame.

1 minute ago, Firefox said:

The point I was trying to make is that from Neilson's viewpoint, he's achieved what was asked of him, so if the club sack him he would have a pretty solid case if he took the club to a tribunal for unfair dismissal.  The legal costs of a court battle and any impending compensation should he win at tribunal could by far outweigh the money lost from ST sales and Shrinking FoH pledges.  If they came to amutual agreement for Neilsen to go, it would have to include a sizeable compensation package, and in the current financial climate, that's probably not something they would want to consider.   

How do other clubs get rid of managers? Can we not just do what I presume they do and pay his contract up? Someone at the club needs to realise this isn’t just going to go away. The amount of money they will lose by fans not keeping up FoH subs or buying ST’s will far outweigh the value of RN’s contract. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Never said it wasn't him to blame.

You are making the excuse that he feels the squad can’t play the way he wants them to? What is that style? He’s played numerous different formations, players etc and all we get is the slow build up that has the majority of fans after his resignation. 
He had a squad at United that cost 133% of turnover, they’ve had a crap season and are bottom 6 below two teams that am have smaller budgets. They’re fans are absolutely delighted they got rid of Neilson and are happy enough with Mellon. Hardly something to give him any credit for. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

How do other clubs get rid of managers? Can we not just do what I presume they do and pay his contract up? Someone at the club needs to realise this isn’t just going to go away. The amount of money they will lose by fans not keeping up FoH subs or buying ST’s will far outweigh the value of RN’s contract. 

Other clubs get rid of managers because they haven't met the targets set.  Very few clubs sack their manager when they are 13 points cleat at the top of the league and almost certain to win it.

I'm not defending Neilson here, I think his time is up but employment law applies to every industry and it's there for a good reason.  If I was in a jobe where they had set me specific targets, and I met those targets, I' wouldn't be happy if they sacked me and I'd take it all the way through the courts. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Can you point us towards any manager that’s ever done that? 
If you were refusing to pay him possibly but to get your full pay would pretty much cancel out any claim, considering the poor results and performances, protests etc. 

Just now, Firefox said:

Other clubs get rid of managers because they haven't met the targets set.  Very few clubs sack their manager when they are 13 points cleat at the top of the league and almost certain to win it.

I'm not defending Neilson here, I think his time is up but employment law applies to every industry and it's there for a good reason.  If I was in a jobe where they had set me specific targets, and I met those targets, I' wouldn't be happy if they sacked me and I'd take it all the way through the courts. 

I get that but as far as I’m aware they get rid of them by paying up their contracts. That’s why managers rarely resign. So if we are paying up his contract how could he sue? He’d have all the money he would have earned in his bank account so he’d have no case. I may be wrong, just my understanding. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Can you point us towards any manager that’s ever done that? 
If you were refusing to pay him possibly but to get your full pay would pretty much cancel out any claim, considering the poor results and performances, protests etc. 

No, I can't think of another manager that has been sacked when 13 points clear and about to win the league.  In all probability it hasn't happened before , certainly not in this country

Tom Hardy’s Dug

**** McInnes

his success largely based on a league without Rangers in it. 

Rangers get back to being a decent team and Aberdeen revert to type.

**** this always getting the same old same old SPL manager journeyman. I’m sick of it: I want a more progressive approach not just somebody all the ****ing thick pundits and media in Scotland get on with. 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

SomethingAboutObua
12 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Unfair dismissal is things like you've been sacked because of your race/religion etc. Wrongful dismissal is really only usable if you've been in a job for 2 years. Almost every business has its contracts with staff written to protect themselves from wrongful dismissal cases. 

Managers get sacked weeks into jobs, Celtic sacked Deila after he won a double, dont worry about Hearts sacking Neilson being any sort of legal issue. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

I get that but as far as I’m aware they get rid of them by paying up their contracts. That’s why managers rarely resign. So if we are paying up his contract how could he sue? He’d have all the money he would have earned in his bank account so he’d have no case. I may be wrong, just my understanding. 

That would be a different case, but it would have to be a mutual agreement between the club and the manager.  the club would also have to consider the financial impact  and whether or not we could afford it in the current climate.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Firefox said:

No, I can't think of another manager that has been sacked when 13 points clear and about to win the league.  In all probability it hasn't happened before , certainly not in this country

George Burley ring any bells?

It’s an unwritten rule, you sue a club you don’t work in football again. Nobody gets a full pay off and has a case of unfair dismissal. Unless you can find us one?

9 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Don't want to be contrary....But I don't think that's how it works in football, or employment generally. bloody hell the employment lawyers would be burning the midnight oil 24 / 7.
And there is absolutely no guarantee he would win any case!

I'm speaking from a disadvantage because I don't know what is written into Neilson's contract!.....However, sackings in football are worn like a badge of honour, just need to look at Steve McLaren's illustrious carrier at x number of clubs!

Anyway I'm not sure suing a football club is a wise move especially where he might be looking for future employment within the  game.  

A_A wehatethehibs

Robbie Neilson is the type of guy to have ketchup on his pie rather than brown sauce. A Disgrace to the football club 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

**** McInnes

**** this always getting the same old same

old SPL manager journeyman. I’m sick of it: I want a more progressive approach not just somebody all the ****ing thick pundits and media in Scotland get on with. 

Spot on, he’s just another Levein/Neilson. 

SomethingAboutObua
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

**** McInnes

**** this always getting the same old same old SPL manager journeyman. I’m sick of it: I want a more progressive approach not just somebody all the ****ing thick pundits and media in Scotland get on with. 

Agree, I'd be really happy to get McInnes if we were say 11th in the top flight right now. But looking at another rebuild job where a top 3 fan complaint is the boring football and we're going for him? Just a tad uninspired choice. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Robbie Neilson is the type of guy to have ketchup on his pie rather than brown sauce. A Disgrace to the football club 

Hahahahaha that’s the tweet 👍🏽😂👏🏾😆

17 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Mind the time you said this was all down to injuries :rofl:

Nano Jambo (a few posts up) seems to agree it was a factor but as usual, you'll know better :rofl::rofl:

Bring back Perreira:rofl:

HartleyLegend3

I'm off the thinking Neilson is going nowhere, unless "He" walks at the end of the season. Budge won't remove him. 

Neilson will be in charge next season in Scotland's top flight. 

I think we have to accept that..  

Just now, SomethingAboutObua said:

Unfair dismissal is things like you've been sacked because of your race/religion etc. Wrongful dismissal is really only usable if you've been in a job for 2 years. Almost every business has its contracts with staff written to protect themselves from wrongful dismissal cases. 

Managers get sacked weeks into jobs, Celtic sacked Deila after he won a double, dont worry about Hearts sacking Neilson being any sort of legal issue. 

Unfair dismissal also covers things like performance related issues. i've represented people in unfair dismissals as a union rep, and it can be used before 2 years.  These laws are there to prevent employers from treating employees unfairly regardless of how long they have been there. 

5 minutes ago, Firefox said:

That would be a different case, but it would have to be a mutual agreement between the club and the manager.  the club would also have to consider the financial impact  and whether or not we could afford it in the current climate.

We can’t afford not to do it though. The FoH contributions and lack of ST’s and folk paying at the gate/ppv will far outweigh the cost of his contract. It’s commonplace that contracts are paid up and the money must be found. 

if you’re paying the contract up it doesn’t need to be by mutual agreement either. Why would it need to be?

Edited by GinRummy

How the feck he is still here I’ll never know!!!

laughing stock of British football!!!

wait till the club see the season ticket sales 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

George Burley ring any bells?

It’s an unwritten rule, you sue a club you don’t work in football again. Nobody gets a full pay off and has a case of unfair dismissal. Unless you can find us one?

That is often the case and the reverse (where the club is being sticky) can deter good managers from joining us. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Nano Jambo (a few posts up) seems to agree it was a factor but as usual, you'll know better :rofl::rofl:

Bring back Perreira:rofl:

The man who brought Perreira to Hearts was the man you were hanging out the back of as he got us relegated last season. You’re hopeless at this :lol:

Corberan on the other hand was involved with the best Leeds squad for almost two decades. Google will help you out again 

Just now, GinRummy said:

We can’t afford not to do it though. The FoH contributions and lack of ST’s and folk paying at the gate/ppv will far outweigh the cost of his contract. It’s commonplace that contracts are paid up and the money must be found. 

In all honesty I'd love this to happen. My eyes didn't bleed as much when I had cataract surgery than it did watching recent performances , and I'm not defending him.  I want him gone too I was just putting forward a possible scenario. If they can get rid of him, and I'm sure the club's lawyers know a lot more about employment law than me, then I'd be as happy as the majority of Hearts supporters.

Just now, Firefox said:

In all honesty I'd love this to happen. My eyes didn't bleed as much when I had cataract surgery than it did watching recent performances , and I'm not defending him.  I want him gone too I was just putting forward a possible scenario. If they can get rid of him, and I'm sure the club's lawyers know a lot more about employment law than me, then I'd be as happy as the majority of Hearts supporters.

Lol, yeah eye bleeding is right. As I said in my first reply I could be wrong but as far as I know if we were to sack him and give him no money he would try and sue us for the value of the remainder of his contract. If we pay the remainder of his contract as his severance then he has nothing to sue us for. Like I said, as far as I know and it’s probably not so simple. 

5 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

I'm off the thinking Neilson is going nowhere, unless "He" walks at the end of the season. Budge won't remove him. 

What makes you think we should, or have to accept it?

Do you honestly believe that the fanbase at Hearts is completely toothless?

She can't play any brinkmanship here.....It just goes against any logic for her to completely ignore what the overwhelming majority of her paying customers want...Neilson will be gone soon enough.

Neilson Out

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

So you haven't a clue who would fit your own criteria.  What a genius!

Apart from that your statement is chatacteristic rubbish.  Neilson wasn't sacked the last time; Fergie was not sacked by Man U

It matters not a jot what any fan thinks who fits the bill, the overriding factor is that the club needs to get us out of this mess as they presided over what most fans could forsee months ago.

1 minute ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

We likely will be in the top flight but only just, Neilson has completely lost the majority of the players and of those players they don’t give a shit and have downed tools. I suspect Craig Gordon might get us promotion with his goalkeeping ability but it’s going to be a lot closer than is acceptable.

Neilson has to go, it doesn’t matter what happens from now he’s one defeat away from another fan uproar, it just doesn’t work going forward. Ann Budge has to made aware of this from the likes of JJ as she simply doesn’t understand this concept in football.

The players are an utter disgrace and need emptied, Neilson cannot be responsible for replacing those players , such is the feeling towards Neilson new players will get not time to settle, first bad pass or missed tackle and they’ll get it from the fans.

Its a trust issue in the simplest terms the fans don’t trust the manager so the pressure comes down on everyone.

Ann Budge needs to start listening and understand the level expected at Hearts, it’s top 5 plus cup runs every season as a bare minimum, get to that level and start to plan how to improve year on year. Calling winning this championship a success shows her complete misunderstanding of Heart of Midlothian. It was only a success last time because we were such a mess and Hibs and Rangers were in the league.