Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

5 minutes ago, Holtie said:

I suspect the big driver is cash, or the lack of it. We would require to pay Neilson the best part of 2.5 years wages ( that’s after paying Dundee United compensation - another good move by Budge) plus find significant cash to recruit someone with a good pedigree, at a time when we are in a pandemic with reduced income. He’s finished, no doubt,  but I don’t think we can afford to let him go.

If they're sacked I think there's a clause usually that they only get X amount of months wages. If I'm not mistaken it's usually 3.

Although being the club we are that was probably omitted.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

What is the delay in the sacking of Robbie Neilson?

No Hearts manager should survive Tuesday nights result.

No Hearts manager should survive the run of results/performances of Arbroath-D, Brora-L & QotS-L.

Most managers would be lucky to survive 2 wins in 9 or 6 wins in 14 this year in this league.

Most managers don't survive the performances on the park we have suffered for the majority of games this season.

Most managers don't last when they have lost the dressing room.

Most managers don't survive when 95%+ of the fan base want rid, they may just get away with a 60-70% but not 95% (my opinion is the recent poll is what the larger Hearts support would say as well).

Most managers wouldn't last the post match interviews he gives blaming everyone but himself.

No Hearts manager should last telling the fans if they want to win games go and support someone else.

So what is the delay?

Is something afoot behind the scenes we don't know about?

Are we waiting until we win the league then thanks but cheerio?

Does Ann honestly think he is the man and his removal does not even get brought up at board meetings?

Is it down to money?

Do the board and Ann think it is all down to the players?

Is she hoping he makes it easier for her and resigns.

Does Ann and the board honestly think this is a blip and it's only about Tuesday?

Is Ann waiting until the shares are handed over and it's someone else's problem......but is she not staying in charge anyway?

Every day he is still here is a day wasted.

Someone needs to enlighten me as to why he is still in a job, as imo and no doubt many many others, he should have went after Tuesday, and definitely by 5pm yesterday.

chuck berrys hairline

Wheest and pay your money that's all we are good for. Anne knows best after selling her exs business 😂 business women my arse

All these questions and many,many more, on tonight’s episode of Soap. 
it’s all a bit of a farce, isn’t it, we are more a bideawee home for old football players, dysfunctional managers, and players with little chance of recovery .

We should really call ourselves Heart of Midlothian donkey sanctuary 😂

5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

If they're sacked I think there's a clause usually that they only get X amount of months wages. If I'm not mistaken it's usually 3.

Although being the club we are that was probably omitted.

I suspect you are correct to a degree, , but given Budge went looking for him I think compensation, should he be sacked, would be a significant sum. All very depressing 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )
2 minutes ago, Holtie said:

I suspect you are correct to a degree, , but given Budge went looking for him I think compensation, should he be sacked, would be a significant sum. All very depressing 

She'd be much better off just cutting her losses. Season ticket sales and donations are going to drop considerably now. She's stubborn though and we're going to get done over because of it.

Fire_At_The_Disco

Ann Budge and Robbie Neilson and all their cronies (FOH included) are taking the total piss out of all of us and we are powerless to force change....that is a fact! 

HartleyLegend3
33 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'm starting to wonder if there's factors we're not seeing keeping him here. His managerial career is over and he'll never manage a team as big as us again. I wonder if he's either not resigning because Budge won't let him or trying to get a string of good results to salvage his career. Either way the club is clearly not their priority.

He will walk away when the league is won.. That way his record is sound. 

The Levein damage cannot be dismantled and repaired by continuity and I am afraid that is what Robbie is. Stendel was the wrong choice for our situation at the time but he did recognise the problems right away. He saw we played walking football, and the players we had could not play his dynamic fast style requiring fitness and speed, where old legs and lazy comfort zone players would be found out. League wise, fortunately we are in a very strong positiion and we need to get that sown up because no team now fears us and I do not think we have a unified dressing room. We must start getting the best out of players, that is what good coaches do. Levein's "new way" is from the dark ages and we need someone who is going to banish it from our club, these coaches and their methods need to go asap. Any Sunday league manager (no offence) would do better.

1 minute ago, Skacelsid said:

The Levein damage cannot be dismantled and repaired by continuity and I am afraid that is what Robbie is. Stendel was the wrong choice for our situation at the time but he did recognise the problems right away. He saw we played walking football, and the players we had could not play his dynamic fast style requiring fitness and speed, where old legs and lazy comfort zone players would be found out. League wise, fortunately we are in a very strong positiion and we need to get that sown up because no team now fears us and I do not think we have a unified dressing room. We must start getting the best out of players, that is what good coaches do. Levein's "new way" is from the dark ages and we need someone who is going to banish it from our club, these coaches and their methods need to go asap. Any Sunday league manager (no offence) would do better.

I'd take Stendel back now, no questions asked. He'd be the perfect manager going into the premiership.

In reality we're stuck with Levein mk2 and an old woman who picks managers based on nice and harmless they are.

HartleyLegend3
4 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

This in spads. 

Any manager worth their salt would have had that team fired up ready to do give QoS a hiding yesterday, yet instead they were one down within a couple of minutes.

That tells me all about and his management's man management and motivation skills, a big fat ZERO.

Simply not good enough and shouldn't be tolerated another minute longer.

Scott980612
39 minutes ago, Gambo said:

No Hearts manager should survive the run of results/performances of Arbroath-D, Brora-L & QotS-L.

Most managers would be lucky to survive 2 wins in 9 or 6 wins in 14 this year in this league.

Most managers don't survive the performances on the park we have suffered for the majority of games this season.

Most managers don't survive when 95%+ of the fan base want rid, they may just get away with a 60-70% but not 95% (my opinion is the recent poll is what the larger Hearts support would say as well).

Most managers wouldn't last the post match interviews he gives blaming everyone but himself.

No Hearts manager should last telling the fans if they want to win games go and support someone else.

So what is the delay?

Does Ann honestly think he is the man and his removal does not even get brought up at board meetings?

Is it down to money?

Does Ann and the board honestly think this is a blip and it's only about Tuesday?

Is Ann waiting until the shares are handed over and it's someone else's problem......but is she not staying in charge anyway?

Someone needs to enlighten me as to why he is still in a job, as imo and no doubt many many others, he should have went after Tuesday, and definitely by 5pm yesterday.

This  

His position is untenable 

He cannot recover from this  

Like Leveins position was untenable and wasted weeks and months before he was removed.  

Last 7 days Arbroath 0-0 snoozefest. 

Brora defeat - worst result in our history. 

Home defeat to QOTS.  

Forgetting the dreadful performances all year & poor signings .. this week alone should be enough to say , time to go.

32 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

He will walk away when the league is won.. That way his record is sound. 

If we keep him much longer we might not even win it. That gap is closing now.

Its alright folks Robbie says on BBC its just Bilp and there hoping it goes away. Sounds like a clueless IT guy at my old work, 'Aye its nothing just a blip it will just go away'. I struggled on for weeks with my PC till it crashed completly. You can't hope a problem away you have to know what the ploblem is and fix it. Thats what you get paid for. Budge was in IT she should know a Bilp can be a terminal virus ... 

Firstly, I don't think Robbie Neilson is the man to manage Hearts.

However, consider the following:

-Most of the players are effectively on notice, by RN public undermining, or at least know first team football at Hearts is over for them.

-Most of the players are of the view that the "job", achieving promotion, is done.

-Covid-19 will have rotted their souls like everyone else.

-A good few of the players are already semi-retired.

-The attitudes of last term remain deeply entrenched, with a complete lack of professional pride from all but literally one or two. This has infected any newcomers.

-There is currently no discernible footballing vision at the club, on or off-field. Stendel tried with a footballing vision, but it just didn't work out.

This bunch are now unmanageable. There are no drivers to change. The cup exit was effectively a vote for an early end of term, and probably a protest at RN.

RN is now on a hiding to nothing, but continues to fight for his job and career as anybody would. He will have pointed out (almost) all of the above to his boss. Her default status is to give somebody another chance at redemption. This won't work. The slide has been pretty much from the moment CL had his heart attack. The whole edifice has now collapsed.

We need a new Budgement Day, but this time the Terminator also needs to trigger her own end.

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

If we keep him much longer we might not even win it. That gap is closing now.

our saving grace will be the inability of the other teams to go on a run. they keep dropping points to each other. and couple that with there being 5-6 games remaining. if there were 10 games to go i would be thinking we would mess it up hibs style

1 minute ago, Texaco said:

Its alright folks Robbie says on BBC its just Bilp and there hoping it goes away. Sounds like a clueless IT guy at my old work, 'Aye its nothing just a blip it will just go away'. I struggled on for weeks with my PC till it crashed completly. You can't hope a problem away you have to know what the ploblem is and fix it. Thats what you get paid for. Budge was in IT she should know a Bilp can be a terminal virus ... 

robbie has not figured out how to switch them off and on again. well he figured out the switch off bit

Nookie Bear
52 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So what is the delay?

Is it down to money?

It’s inexplicable. The team is not responding to him anymore and there is no sense that he knows how to get out of this. We are getting promoted from a tinpot league with an average age of 29, negligible young talent being introduced, admissions that the entire squad needs overhauled AGAIN, and even the club captain is saying that this week has “been coming”.

And nobody tell me that Ann doesn’t understand the game and that Robbie can bullshit his way out of this. If anyone in her position does not know the business they operate in after 7 years then they need to step back and let someone else do it. 

8 minutes ago, Texaco said:

The club needs a factory reset

pennyjambo22
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

So what is the delay?

Is it down to money?

You talk a lot of sense Gambo, It looks like it’s all about Ann Budge, and what she wants. The fans again are just going through the slow death of the coaching team under her watch.

Just ghtf, he mentioned 13 points clear about 10 times during his post match interview as if it’s some kind achievement when really we should be 23 or more points ahead, undefeated at home and still in the cup.

Losers top to bottom, but let’s carry on. *** joke!

It was clear DS tried to install a lot more intensity in training and matches. Have we just gone back jogging in training because that's what the players are comfortable with.

We need someone to stir it all up again. Some will be on board, some will moan to the media because the holiday camp is over.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

I'm starting to wonder if there's factors we're not seeing keeping him here. His managerial career is over and he'll never manage a team as big as us again. I wonder if he's either not resigning because Budge won't let him or trying to get a string of good results to salvage his career. Either way the club is clearly not their priority.

He wants another tinpot title on his CV, this might be the level he gets his next job at. Even his biggest fan should admit this is his level. 

Rick Sanchez

Is there actually a circumstance in which he redeems himself? Scrapes promotion and finishes 3rd or 4th next season?

You'd settle for it but it feels more like a grudge to me now. It's turned into a severe dislike for the man and the way the club is run.

I want a complete root and branch clear out and change for next season. I hope I'm not just dreaming but I fear I am.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Is there actually a circumstance in which he redeems himself? Scrapes promotion and finishes 3rd or 4th next season?

You'd settle for it but it feels more like a grudge to me now. It's turned into a severe dislike for the man and the way the club is run.

I want a complete root and branch clear out and change for next season. I hope I'm not just dreaming but I fear I am.

the only way he would have a chance of redeeming himself would be to win the league next year

JudyJudyJudy

Yes there needs to be a factory reset as someone noted. He should never have been brought back either.  That was a cynical move from Budge to curry favour with the fans. it was never about his abilities which have now been evidenced.  There needs to be a clean out of anyone who was involved in the last 5 years of utter failure. A night of the long knives. Including Budge pissing off. Thanks dear but its time you left. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

How uninspired do you feel by the thought of him sticking around? Where’s the magic?we need a clean sweep

David Black

How many are of the opinion we should be contacting Stuart Wallace asking him to set in motion whatever is required to call a club EGM. This would be his chance to redeem himself in the eyes of many by doing what he is elected to do, represent his members. He has all our e-mail address's so just a brief e-mail if we are for or against an EGM. Then proceed if required.

OmiyaHearts
20 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

There's nothing Neilson can do, to turn it around (for me).

3rd or 4th isn't even a realistic expectation for this manager. 

The Real Maroonblood
47 minutes ago, Texaco said:

:Shoosh:

Neilson.

He signs Jordan Roberts then let’s him go in January and gets in Kastaneer! 

We’ll drown in shite loan signings and guys past their best. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

He signs Jordan Roberts then let’s him go in January and gets in Kastaneer! 

We’ll drown in shite loan signings and guys past their best. 

its not that he let him go it is roberts comments about how different it is at motherwell and that he is actually performing.

The issue that the board need to realise, is that the majority of fans want him to go and so if he does keep his job,we get promoted and fans are back in the stadium next season; any slow start or 'blip' ,will intensify the negativity with the likelihood that he leaves and part way through the season, we get a new manager with players he didn't want, so will be another rebuild.

The only small chance for Robbie to turn this around, was an immediate reaction to Brora and we smashed teams from now to the end of the season. He's failed at the first hurdle and can the board really be confident he will turn this around?

David Black
34 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

its not that he let him go it is roberts comments about how different it is at motherwell and that he is actually performing.

That quote from Roberts spoke volumes as to what players were being asked to do. When you look at our performances throughout the season, clearly he is not alone.

Auld Reekin'
36 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

D'you have a link to what Roberts said about the situation at Hearts? Tried looking for it via Google but didn't turn much up.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

we are lucky its a shorter season as theres absolutely no way this squad wouldve been able to win this league,any sort of pressure and as theres absolutely no character in the squad to pick theirselves back up again.We just fold and our luck has ran out and is not going to get any better especailly when in the squad is still the remenance of how we were playing last season.Its clearly the way the club trains and hasnt a clue about tactics of football,the simple things that a big club should have in droves we just dont have,players that leave here do well but seems every player that comes here just gets ruined by the shit that we dont see. So many examples jordan roberts,Wighton...the list goes on and on and this has been for a long time.Buck stops at the coaches as i dont think its the recruitment,players leave and are good come here and are absolutely shit

2 hours ago, Holtie said:

I suspect the big driver is cash, or the lack of it. We would require to pay Neilson the best part of 2.5 years wages ( that’s after paying Dundee United compensation - another good move by Budge) plus find significant cash to recruit someone with a good pedigree, at a time when we are in a pandemic with reduced income. He’s finished, no doubt,  but I don’t think we can afford to let him go.

Surely some sort of built in break after one year would have been done? As like a contingency or something??

out of position and everything about the footballing side is just awkward,prob makes players feel awkward the way the place is run,like an awkward silence with an ex bird is how theyl feel all the time at this club hence no characters or anyone speaking up and takin some leadership.I think this club and way its run ****s payers pschy as soon as they walk in the door with its clueless bullshit

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, Costanza said:

The issue that the board need to realise, is that the majority of fans want him to go and so if he does keep his job,we get promoted and fans are back in the stadium next season; any slow start or 'blip' ,will intensify the negativity with the likelihood that he leaves and part way through the season, we get a new manager with players he didn't want, so will be another rebuild.

The only small chance for Robbie to turn this around, was an immediate reaction to Brora and we smashed teams from now to the end of the season. He's failed at the first hurdle and can the board really be confident he will turn this around?

I don't think it'll require a slow start or a blip when fans are back tbh. Which is why we can't go into next season with him in charge. It's basically another write off as our fans have a lot to get off their chest and if it's not a new man in charge, they'll do it.

Hell, as it stands we could have Neil or McInnes in and there will still be people after Budge next season.

It's over. I don't see any happy return with either of them.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Surely some sort of built in break after one year would have been done? As like a contingency or something??

It’s Hearts you know - 4 year deals for Damour and Martin so absolutely anything is possible!

if u look at it this way were 13th in the premier league and still on relegation form like we were last season if we were playing better temas we would be in big trouble. Man Hamilton would tear us a new arse right now.

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I don't think it'll require a slow start or a blip when fans are back tbh. Which is why we can't go into next season with him in charge. It's basically another write off as our fans have a lot to get off their chest and if it's not a new man in charge, they'll do it.

Hell, as it stands we could have Neil or McInnes in and there will still be people after Budge next season.

It's over. I don't see any happy return with either of them.

If Robbie goes and Ann stays out of the public eye and all footballing matters, feeling will dissipate. 

Thing is, whilst Robbie is here she's obviously involved in football matters because no club anywhere would back their manager after that. Even more so in light of how bad the football has been to watch and the lack of interest in our academy.  

Sat was first time i ever wanted hearts to lose, sad thing to say hearing it but thought only way he would get botted but thats still not happened.This guy will genuinely be losing us fans telling us to go support man u or man city.In life people will run all over you if u set ur bar so low and the bar at this football club is an open invitation saying please come and use me shit all over me,with a big smile from ann budge to top it off.So people do they take advantage as would happen in any part of life if u let people walk all over u with the softly softly approach.Nothing to do with football its just people and how they act if u let them and advertise it on a national scale,nothing will change until we change the shit we let people get away with

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, OTT said:

If Robbie goes and Ann stays out of the public eye and all footballing matters, feeling will dissipate. 

Thing is, whilst Robbie is here she's obviously involved in football matters because no club anywhere would back their manager after that. Even more so in light of how bad the football has been to watch and the lack of interest in our academy.  

Not if she picks another crap manager. She’s a control freak, she won’t stay out the public eye. 

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, daavojaay said:

Sat was first time i ever wanted hearts to lose, sad thing to say hearing it but thought only way he would get botted but thats still not happened.This guy will genuinely be losing us fans telling us to go support man u or man city.In life people will run all over you if u set ur bar so low and the bar at this football club is an open invitation saying please come and use me shit all over me,with a big smile from ann budge to top it off.So people do they take advantage as would happen in any part of life if u let people walk all over u with the softly softly approach.Nothing to do with football its just people and how they act if u let them and advertise it on a national scale,nothing will change until we change the shit we let people get away with

Spot on. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Holtie said:

Clubs do it all the time, they are just paid their salary every month until the contract ends or they get another job, same as we did with Levein and Macphee. 
With a drop in FoH contributions and possibly half the season ticket revenue that’s millions we are talking about, we can’t afford not to sack him. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not if she picks another crap manager. She’s a control freak, she won’t stay out the public eye. 

This 

She needs to be retired. FOH should be leading that retirement planning. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Rods said:

This 

She needs to be retired. FOH should be leading that retirement planning. 

I think that’s her biggest fear, like a lot of people who retire who will miss the day to day involvement. But with her money it seems a bit strange to put up with the stress and protests.