Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

I said we should expect better.  Though we're not the third biggest in the country financially, we're well behind Aberdeen

In turnover yes due to investors, it’s dropping though as the oil industry struggles continue. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If Budge sacked him she’d spend 6 weeks on a new manager search and then appoint Stuart McColl.

She'd probably appoint Shelly Kerr or Sssnake. She's ****ing clueless. 

15 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

My eyes my eyes !

You need Levien keekin over his/her shoulder

Thanks 🤦 can never unsee that now.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, leginten said:

I imagine he consulted his post-match notes from the money-spinner, Birkirkara and Alloa debacles and just made a few minor adjustments here and there.

He has this in his pocket, foreword by Craig Levein.

B7C43B57-B89E-4E44-A67B-589AFE960B7E.jpeg

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

They’re the same person, have you ever seen them in the same room?

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re the same person, have you ever seen them in the same room?

:lol: I've actually shared a few drinks with Shelly years ago before she was a manager. She's actually a very nice lassie who loves football but no danger I'd have her near the Hearts job. 

Japan Jambo
4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

The writing was on the wall....we should not be struggling against PT teams. 

Cowdenbeath, East Fife, Alloa, Arbroath and now Brora.

We did try and warn you........

there are none so blind as those that will not see

there are none so deaf as those that will not hear

20 minutes ago, weehammy said:

If Budge sacked him she’d spend 6 weeks on a new manager search and then appoint Stuart McColl.

FFS  Talk about jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire

It beggars belief that there are so many managers looking for work and we end up with Neilson/Cathro/Levein/Stendel/Neilson

57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

no we aren’t. The difference in turnover last season was less than the difference in prize money. 

Their overall wage bill was 500k higher. But that included mcinnes who was being paid over £800k per annum. 

We outsold them on season tickets by near 50%  and this was before the new stand / restaurant / hospitality was fully operational.

we aren’t actually behind them anywhere except where it counts 

Our turnover was 2.2m less than theirs, and the wage bill the best part of 2m.

They've consistently outspent us significantly for years.

53 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

In turnover yes due to investors, it’s dropping though as the oil industry struggles continue. 

Not denying that, but currently they significantly outspend us, so people just saying 'we're 3rd biggest' doesn't make it true.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

What does "better" mean? And we aren't well behind Aberdeen financially. 

We should be expecting top 5 in the Premier every season, because that's where our wages should have us. We should be aiming for as high as possible within that, but we've not got the kind of financial advantage that would guarantee us finishing over Hibs and Aberdeen.

Robbo-Jambo

If the decision is to keep him, that is almost as embarrassing as the result last night that has made us the biggest laughing stock of football.

16 minutes ago, Section Q said:

It beggars belief that there are so many managers looking for work and we end up with Neilson/Cathro/Levein/Stendel/Neilson

Why do you think these managers are looking for work?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Every manager gets sacked at one point, there is a shelf life in this business we just seem to have a bad habit of not reading the best before date!

1 minute ago, gator said:

Every manager gets sacked at one point, there is a shelf life in this business we just seem to have a bad habit of not reading the best before date!

And the good ones are taken by bigger clubs before they get sacked or get near the end of their shelf life.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Not denying that, but currently they significantly outspend us, so people just saying 'we're 3rd biggest' doesn't make it true.

It’s not by much and how much you spend doesn’t mean you’re 3rd biggest, in many ways we are and in others it’s them. 

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Because it’s a cut throat business and a merry go round. You get rid of a bad one, you try another one. You keep trying until you get one that’s working for you and you keep him as long as you can or you get rid when he is no longer working. It’s basic football A B C mate

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

And the good ones are taken by bigger clubs before they get sacked or get near the end of their shelf life.

Agree! Do you have any thoughts on who we should be pursuing? I consider us a big club, I know there isn't an unlimited budget but we have to do better in our managerial appointments!

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

We should be expecting top 5 in the Premier every season, because that's where our wages should have us. We should be aiming for as high as possible within that, but we've not got the kind of financial advantage that would guarantee us finishing over Hibs and Aberdeen.

Fair point, it guarantees nothing as we have proven these last 4 years. 

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Err.........Because they dont have a job.........?

Edited by Section Q

Pasquale for King
Just now, GinRummy said:

Would’ve got us the Equaliser last night. 

I was thinking more about getting rid of our problems 😱🔫

TheOnlyWayis51
11 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I'd take RS McColl 

Better than the RS Hole we've got in charge just now.

10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I'd take RS McColl 

Or Jim mccoll off the beech Grove garden. At least we'd have nice hanging baskets in the stairwells. 

Just now, Mister T said:

Or Jim mccoll off the beech Grove garden. At least we'd have nice hanging baskets in the stairwells. 

😁

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Why do you think they don't have a job?

Probably the same reason far better managers than them have found themselves out of a job - they got sacked. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Mister T said:

The pitch would be better too 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, gator said:

Pep hasn’t 😜

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not by much and how much you spend doesn’t mean you’re 3rd biggest, in many ways we are and in others it’s them. 

I did say 3rd biggest financially tbf.  In terms of support we're clearly bigger

21 minutes ago, gator said:

Agree! Do you have any thoughts on who we should be pursuing? I consider us a big club, I know there isn't an unlimited budget but we have to do better in our managerial appointments!

He doesn’t have answers mate. He only has questions. Most of them purely aimed at noising folk up 

Edited by JimmyCant

So Make Some Noise..

"Definitely, 100 per cent (the fans deserve an apology). It's not acceptable at this football club. We have a lot of work, fight and hunger to show to get over this. We need to do it."

What irks me the most is that whilst he says we deserve an apology, he hasn't actually given one in any of his statements.

Who do we 'deserve' it from Robbie?

:jj_facepalm:

5 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Andrew McKinlay is the chief executive.

If that’s the case he’s doing a crap job.

24 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Why do you think they don't have a job?

If you're assuming they're unemployed because they're not good at their jobs then you have a sad outlook on those looking for work.  Pochettino was unemployed before taking the PSG job. Alex Neal was just let go by Preston. Even Mourino had a spell out of work. Stevie Clarke,  Davie Moyes, had a spell unemployed. The list is endless.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Oh imagine Shelly Kerr getting the job Hearts WOULD be that team to appoint her as well 😂

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I'd take RS McColl 

At this moment I'd take the rotting corpse of Kirsty MacColl, she'd still move quicker than half our ****ing players.

31 minutes ago, Mister T said:

We have got pure manure on the pitch 💩right enough

The people at the top of this club are turning us into a circus, Come on, This is not what we expect of Heart of midlothian. It's a disgrace, Can't remember the last time i felt so low as a supporter, we really need to start from scratch now, that starts with budge and our coaching team being removed with immediate effect.

32 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Oh imagine Shelly Kerr getting the job Hearts WOULD be that team to appoint her as well 😂

Just dinnae. :sadrobbo:

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Why has a so called Hearts man not resigned yet??

Eh? He's aiming for top four next season doncha know.🤷

Rick Sanchez

I didn't expect to wake up to his sacking but I did expect to wake up to the phoodle posters all over Tynecastle and the plaza. If the phoodle/plane mob were unhappy last time and at his reappointment, then they must be fuming just now.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I didn't expect to wake up to his sacking but I did expect to wake up to the phoodle posters all over Tynecastle and the plaza. If the phoodle/plane mob were unhappy last time and at his reappointment, then they must be fuming just now.

Waiting ‘till they’ve had the second Covid vaccine then all hell will break loose. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )