Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

The writing was on the wall....we should not be struggling against PT teams. 

Cowdenbeath, East Fife, Alloa, Arbroath and now Brora.

We did try and warn you........

:lol:

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Just now, NLTFTh said:

Still no announcement on the Hearts website..

How is this imposter still in a job? 

Budge has shat the bed again.... 

I suspect they’ll need to have a meeting with RN before they make any announcement. He probably didn’t get home until about 4am this morning so I’d give it a few hours yet.

5 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I was happy he came back last summer, but he has completely messed it up. The club will say he's been successful because of where we are in the league, But the bad feeling from supporters has been there all season because of the perfomances and more importantly the lack of improvement. Last night just multiplied it by a thousand and he can't and shouldn't survive this.

Being top of the championship shouldn’t be the barometer. Performances and plenty left in the tank should be the indication of improvement. 

Look at 14/15. Night and day.  

No one thought every game would be a stroll, it’s a cup final playing Hearts every week for the other championship teams. But our poor, lifeless performances heavily outweigh the vibrant ones. (If there’s been any). 

This can’t be ignored. There’s something not right.  

Edited by Debut 4

4 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Could we even afford to sack Neilson? He still 2 and half years left of his contract and I’d presume he’s on decent cash to lure home away from Dundee Utd.

Can we afford NOT to sack him.......FoH contributions, ST sales will nose dive if Neilson is still around the club at the renewal stage. 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, Hashimoto said:

Can we afford NOT to sack him.......FoH contributions, ST sales will nose dive if Neilson is still around the club at the renewal stage. 

We've now missed out on two cup runs and the money that would come with that. So he's already losing us money.

I’m hoping that the delay in any sort of announcement or communication with the fans is because of the long journey back last night  (Was Ann Budge at the game?) which is fair enough - it’s not even 9am yet.  I’d hope to hear something by the end of the day. This is the most important decision she’s had yet as the consequences of not acting could be huge financially. (They’ll be expensive if she does act but not as bad.)

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I suspect they’ll need to have a meeting with RN before they make any announcement. He probably didn’t get home until about 4am this morning so I’d give it a few hours yet.

It should have been done on the bus home

Jean Louis Valois
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

This. I can't stand the whole we can't afford to sack the manager chat. If the manager needs punted it shouldn't matter how long he has on his contract.

8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

The writing was on the wall....we should not be struggling against PT teams. 

Cowdenbeath, East Fife, Alloa, Arbroath and now Brora.

We did try and warn you........

Some people just won't get off the tracks until the train has already hit them.

Even if a very similar but slightly different train smashed through them 18 months previous.

Edited by Taffin

Just now, Sherbet said:

It should have been done on the bus home

The falsers will have been in sterident and she’ll have been tucked up with a good Mills & Boon novel at 10pm last night.

StevenNaismith

Seeing posts all over social media about last nights ‘shock result’.

Anyone who has watched Hearts under RN, and especially away from home, will tell you that it was anything bar a shock result. We are rudderless, absolutely clueless. We have a man in charge who spends more time on the touchline moaning at officials about a throw in etc than actually trying to influence the game by making tactical changes. He hasn’t a clue and the sooner he is away from our club the better.

1 minute ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

This. I can't stand the whole we can't afford to sack the manager chat. If the manager needs punted it shouldn't matter how long he has on his contract.

Fairly obvious that the club needs a new CEO. Budge saved the club but it’s time for dynamic new blood to lead the club. Simply staying the current regime won’t lead to improvements.

StevenNaismith
3 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Fairly obvious that the club needs a new CEO. Budge saved the club but it’s time for dynamic new blood to lead the club. Simply staying the current regime won’t lead to improvements.

Andrew McKinlay is the chief executive.

Not sure if the following has been mentioned already, to depressed and angry to read full thread. Rather than everyone showing their anger and frustration on here, maybe someone who is in the right frame of mind could draft up an email to send to AB and who ever else we feel needs to see it, we as fans of this great club could all send this same email. Maybe can’t voice are displeasure in person but if they have 10,000 emails with the same message it could have an effect. 

I ain’t posted about the result yet. I can’t see a single person now saying that this wasn’t coming in any way, shape or form 

I am even more dismayed that Neilson is now saying things like “their goalie had a great game” and then says “there is no excuses” . Follow that up by “we have to look at what we are doing” “we all have to do better” No shit Sherlock. Bit of a shame it’s took the worst result in the clubs history for you to wake up

However, That doesn’t excuse jack shit and if your leading up to the “we need to regroup, stick together, and do better” unfortunately  it’s only a matter of time before you will be found out again 

The tell tale signs were there, in droves. When ur grinding out any wins that you do get against sub standard opposition, you are just one result away from something like this. Turgid, no flair, no imagination static, robotic, possession pish - time and time again it’s what happens 

seemingly you weren’t just signing players, but with a view to them moving up a division in the summer. Think again.

Makes me just want to cry when I heard some of the comments on here around “Aye, it will be better next year when teams around us will come out and have a real go” - Like that was the problem in the first place

God help us when that happens and if drastic measures aren’t taken 

AB will leave it a few days then send out a pretty defensive statement calling for calm within the ranks, and then ask for support for her manager. She ain’t going anywhere and neither is her pet. 

This will be Followed by another summer of rebuilding and more squandered cash with more players coming in and then instantly regressing the minute they get out on the park, and start playing. Big Jig, Gordon and Robbie running around the training ground with the players doing technical sessions and formatting chessboard strategy’s 

makes me fecking sick to the stomach 

some legacy you have left behind when you leave Ann. It all started the day Locky was ruthlessly bombed out the door, and you swept in and made your grand entrance with your football “confidante” Levein at your side, making sweeping statements about the promised land, with the 5 year plan in place.

Thanks for the memories indeed. 

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Jcy110715 said:

Not sure if the following has been mentioned already, to depressed and angry to read full thread. Rather than everyone showing their anger and frustration on here, maybe someone who is in the right frame of mind could draft up an email to send to AB and who ever else we feel needs to see it, we as fans of this great club could all send this same email. Maybe can’t voice are displeasure in person but if they have 10,000 emails with the same message it could have an effect. 

If the result last night doesn't have any effect then nothing will. 

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

If the result last night doesn't have any effect then nothing will. 

You and I know that AB won’t sack him based on poor performances. She let leave levein drag us into this s**t storm over 3yrs. The prick has lost the dressing room and if we were at games the atmosphere would be toxic. Something needs done from the fans 

jack D and coke
On 21/02/2021 at 00:10, Hearts1975 said:

Don’t doubt we will win this league but I guess, and so far, if we think about Alloa, raith, Dunfermline, QOS and Morton and by the end of the season, (no doubt there will be other adverse results) it won’t be the “Skoosh” that some made it out to be 

I said I would back RN, and I will, but that’s more to do with what I said on the first post to you, in that I just don’t see any alternative. There is a difference in backing someone than actually believing something good will come out it. Since AB came in, we have had RN, then CL, then DS, and now back to Robbie again. 

it just all feels a bit like jobs for the boys as far as I’m concerned. As said, I will back Robbie but just don’t see any alternative in terms of him leaving anytime soon, and that’s the reason for the backing.   

we are  now grinding out results against so called Pub teams. It is what it is I suppose, but unless AB can open or widen the door for better candidates, and give them the same faith and backing as those she does know, then I just don’t see any success on the horizon currently. 

Could be wrong and I pray to god that I am. We have some good players ie GMS, Kingsley, Walker, Boyce, Ginnelly - is RN actually getting the best out of them or the one who will maximise their potential - guess that’s down to everyone’s own opinion  

I’ve always felt without Levein around she feels out of her depth. Stendel unsettled her and then when the fans forced Levein out the door after that utter embarrassment of keeping him around stinking the place out with the new manager in place she felt she had to get someone “comfy” in with Robbie again. I felt it was a horrible decision at the time and the longer it goes the more my passion for Hearts drains away. 
Ive never wanted to stop my FOH subs but I’d be up for anything that pulls the finances away from this absolute shite we’re getting served up season after season. 
Ann Budge and Craig ****ing Levein have ultimately been disastrous for Hearts. We need a scorched earth policy and rid the place of everything they have in place here or I fear it’s never really going to get better. 
:lol: fuming this morning. 

A Shoreditch Heart
9 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I was happy he came back last summer, but he has completely messed it up. The club will say he's been successful because of where we are in the league, But the bad feeling from supporters has been there all season because of the perfomances and more importantly the lack of improvement. Last night just multiplied it by a thousand and he can't and shouldn't survive this.

sad, but true and I agree with you 100%. I never want to see us sack any manager, but the results over the last weeks have been shocking and I can't see RN recovering from this - he has to go I'm afraid. 

2 minutes ago, Jcy110715 said:

The proposal is the correct one...however you just feel that the hierarchy at Hearts will just put on ignore. 

Budge has presided over the worst prolonged period in Hearts history......Regression after regression over a 6-year period.
Her reign will be forever tainted.....There is no coming back from this

Regression to the point where we are currently playing 2nd division football....Promotion is just glossing over the fact....Hearts should NEVER be playing in the 2nd tier of Scottish football.

As for last night.....Put out the cup in the 2nd round by a bunch of fishermen.....Is there no shame?

Budge will ignore our protests...It's the Budge way.... After all she is convinced in her own mind that we have a new 3 year plan with the boy wonder at the helm.

10 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

can you imagine how many years of getting this shoved in our face from rival fans :rifle:

took us about 40 years of having to put up with 7-0 from ****ing hibs until we stuffed them in the final :waiting:

It gets worse (never thought it could!) Just dropped my son at his childminder and it was the top feature story on radio 2 sports bulletin 🙈

Berra than you
21 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Seeing posts all over social media about last nights ‘shock result’.

Anyone who has watched Hearts under RN, and especially away from home, will tell you that it was anything bar a shock result. We are rudderless, absolutely clueless. We have a man in charge who spends more time on the touchline moaning at officials about a throw in etc than actually trying to influence the game by making tactical changes. He hasn’t a clue and the sooner he is away from our club the better.

Thats the biggest problem for me, that I wasn't even shocked to see it. Under Robbie we seem to get dragged down to the level we are playing agaisnt, and in many cases worse than them. Pathetic.

A Shoreditch Heart
2 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

It gets worse (never thought it could!) Just dropped my son at his childminder and it was the top feature story on radio 2 sports bulletin 🙈

it's been the main sports story on BBC 5 Live all morning too - we're a laughing stock 😞

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve always felt without Levein around she feels out of her depth. Stendel unsettled her and then when the fans forced Levein out the door after that utter embarrassment of keeping him around stinking the place out with the new manager in place she felt she had to get someone “comfy” in with Robbie again. I felt it was a horrible decision at the time and the longer it goes the more my passion for Hearts drains away. 
Ive never wanted to stop my FOH subs but I’d be up for anything that pulls the finances away from this absolute shite we’re getting served up season after season. 
Ann Budge and Craig ****ing Levein have ultimately been disastrous for Hearts. We need a scorched earth policy and rid the place of everything they have in place here or I fear it’s never really going to get better. 
:lol: fuming this morning. 

Same mate. Agree with every word. Scorched earth policy ... you could very well be right that this needs to happen. We need to be cleansed of the lingering failures. Somehow, and unfortunately, I think this will be accepted internally. 
If it was any other business, heads would roll. I was trying to be a bit reasoned with my post that you re-posted. That rationale is now firmly oot the windae 😡

Forever Hearts
On 26/01/2021 at 14:49, Dazo said:

Good job I didn’t say he was getting it right then. 

You said nobody can say he's not getting it right. Make your mind up. 

LarrysRightFoot

All things considered he won’t come back from this - I said it in an earlier post, keeping him on is time wasting. 

Ann has been in football long enough now to understand the basics. She stood by Levein for far too long out of stubbornness and a refusal to admit she was wrong. This has lead to the downward spiral we are on - do not let it happen again Ann

1 minute ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

it's been the main sports story on BBC 5 Live all morning too - we're a laughing stock 😞

Sadly we really are a laughing stock. 

davemclaren
39 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

As ever I sleep on a bad result before jumping on social media.  I would normally be on now saying that the bigger picture is the league and that's how the season should be judged BUT I can't just ignore that result.  It is arguably the worst in the history of the club.  I have been a bit understanding about the level of performances lately putting it down to a lack of edge and urgency in the team partly due to the fact nobody is challenging us for this league, I get that some players will be subconsciously switching off.  Last night was a Scottish Cup tie, regardless of opposition, a competition we have won more that any other club outside the OF.  There is no excuse for that performance.  The buck stops with the manager.  Something has to give in this and the board need to reflect and act accordingly.  

Yip.  The rubicon was crossed for me. 

3fingersreid
36 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Could we even afford to sack Neilson? He still 2 and half years left of his contract and I’d presume he’s on decent cash to lure home away from Dundee Utd.

Shouldn’t have to sack him , he should have the decency to accept that the worst defeat in Hearts history is enough for a resignation . 

kingantti1874

It pointless continuing with this Ann.  That is the type of result from which there is absolutely no comeback.  Cut to the chase or the fans will force the issue. He’s done

Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

All things considered he won’t come back from this - I said it in an earlier post, keeping him on is time wasting. 

Ann has been in football long enough now to understand the basics. She stood by Levein for far too long out of stubbornness and a refusal to admit she was wrong. This has lead to the downward spiral we are on - do not let it happen again Ann

Aye but he's only in year 1 of our 'new' 3 year plan. Got to give him time 🙈

39 minutes ago, Chaps said:

They can use my FOH money if they want

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

It’s an embarrassing result - however these results happen all the time in German and French etc cups. 

Btw that doesn’t condone it - there is something fundamentally wrong at the club and Robbie is part of the problem not the solution, he has to go.  

When I first started going to games it was during Tommy McLean's tenure so things have to be pretty bad for me to call for a manager to go. I was all for giving Cathro time, Levein time and up until last week i'd have said give Robbie at least a chance next season, despite us clearly regressing massively over the past few months. But last night was a step too far. Get him to ****.

Ironically, he won't feel the heat as much due to no fans being inside the ground. Maybe done will pitch up for our next home match. I know protests aren't permitted at the minute but it hasn't stopped the old firm, Liverpool fans etc 

The Hogfather
Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

It’s an embarrassing result - however these results happen all the time in German and French etc cups. 

Btw that doesn’t condone it - there is something fundamentally wrong at the club and Robbie is part of the problem not the solution, he has to go.  

Taken in isolation, you’re right in saying cup shocks happen all the time. Sadly this isn’t an isolated incident. Twice in less than 6 months we’ve went out of a cup competition at the hands of a part time side. Last night was a symptom of the malaise the current regime have allowed to creep in over the last 4 years or so. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Neilson can't even play attractive, winning football in a league not brimming with talented teams. Next season will be horrendous if he isn't ditched soon. Just get him out now and keep Ann Budge well away from choosing his replacement, please!

41 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

Still no announcement on the Hearts website..

How is this imposter still in a job? 

Budge has shat the bed again.... 

There won't be. 

It'll be the same usual pish. We expect better, unacceptable, yada yada.

Einsteins theory of insanity springs to mind.

Pretty hard to defend that. Worst result in the clubs history. 

This season was meant to be a siege mentality but that seems to have tapered away and the softness of the club as a whole seem to have transferred to the players. 

Sadly I don’t think just changing the management is going to do it. There needs to be a whole scale rip up and start again from top to bottom. We won’t improve unless the the operating system changes. 

The Wrinkly Ninja

I just read his comments after the match. He’s a fantasist! Says we are aiming for the top four in the premiership next season straight after he couldn’t negotiate us past a club who aren’t even in the top four divisions.

On 20/11/2020 at 22:13, Mister T said:

First defeat and the pitchfork brigade are out and rattling the keyboards. How predictable. 🙄

Sorry am I missing something here? Are you seriously saying there is an overreaction to last nights result? In isolation I would agree but this has been coming - the football is simply awful to watch and are you happy being knocked out by Alloa in the League Cup. Keyboard warrior...you better believe it!!

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

They can use my FOH money if they want

They won't be getting any FOH money from me if they don't*

*The DD money will be banked in a savings account and paid to FOH when Robbie goes.

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

I just read his comments after the match. He’s a fantasist! Says we are aiming for the top four in the premiership next season straight after he couldn’t negotiate us past a club who aren’t even in the top four divisions.

He's making a complete fool of himself. 

If he stays we will be relegated next season, no doubt in my mind. 

Oliver Cromwell | eHISTORY

“You have been sat to long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!.”

Olly C knew the script.

Never felt this low since 1986 - same feeling of disbelief 

Suppose it’s the same as Hibs fans felt in 2012

Robbie needs to go!!

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )