Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

18 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I've defended him in the past but it wasn't just the result it was the performance. He clearly is unable to motivate the players and has to go now. Most of the players should be out as well as they are obviously not interested in playing for Hearts 

If you cut through the vermin trolls, then this is where I believe most fans are at. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

2 minutes ago, jambocall51 said:

yeah your right, think my stat was in the top flight

Yeah, no matter that stat is not important on a night like tonight. Shocker of a result and performance. 

wattie exploited
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's ridiculous, when was the last time we scored in the first 20 minutes of a game? 

more like when was the last time we had a shot on goal in the first 20 mins:rifle:

After The Watershed

I've given him slack for the league as the objective was to get us promoted.

But that result tonight is unforgivable. He has to go. I'd be happy to see the majority of that side go as well. Players and management have embarrassed our club tonight. 

Having overseen the worst result in the club's history, there is no choice, he has to go.

The fact that we are clear in the Championship table does not cut it.  The standard in the championship is the weakest for years and the second place team has only won 8 out of 20 matches.

Have we improved players who we signed this season? - no, they go backwards

Is our youth policy producing a regular flow of talent ready for first team football -no, they look good when they first come in and then disappear

Do the players look like they are playing for the manager? - no, some don't even look interested 

Are we tactically astute? no, we are not even tactically average

Do we need root and branch reform - absolutely and the sooner the better

That was actually quite sad listening to Neilson there. There’s clearly problems behind the scenes because we’ve been awful for months. He has to go....

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Des Lynam said:

That was actually quite sad listening to Neilson there. There’s clearly problems behind the scenes because we’ve been awful for months. He has to go....

There will be problems, we have a number of players out of contract who are either not signing or know they are going in a few months.

Some others that will know they are trying to get moved on.

Yet these players are required to get results for us.

It's shite, but still no excuse for tonight's result.

****ing nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There will be problems, we have a number of players out of contract who are either not signing or know they are going in a few months.

Some others that will know they are trying to get moved on.

Yet these players are required to get results for us.

It's shite, but still no excuse for tonight's result.

****ing nonsense.

You’d think if players knew they weren’t staying they’d use games as a shop window.

Something is very wrong

Tommy Brown
7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Never heard it Des.

Anyone care to summarise as nothing from him on BBC report.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

You’d think if players knew they weren’t staying they’d use games as a shop window.

Something is very wrong

Terry butcher syndrome- many know they are ****ed so are half arseing it. Shop window- nah, most will already know where they are going probably.

The others will be trying hard knowing they will be here.

Big divide in the changing room imo. The human factor.

Won't be a happy place, even worse now.

Mentioned this would be an issue back at xmas time, didn't think it would result in a game quite as bad as tonight's tho.

Edited by Smith's right boot

skinnybob72

If the manager is not sacked on the back of what is without a shadow of a doubt our most embarrassing result ever in the SC then something is badly wrong at the club. 

If he’s not sacked we’re basically saying that it’s an acceptable result. Levein should have been dismissed immediately after the 0-5 at Livingston, Neilson needs to go after this. The league position should not save him. 

Edited by skinnybob72

tolcross lad
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Getting promoted is the most important thing and that’s virtually done but it’s clear something isn’t right and Robbie has had enough chances to resolve that. 

What is not right is that the club is soft from top to bottom and it has been very badly run.

The Budge/FOH kicked off debt free and the brave new world looked good following promotion.

It's been a sad decline since and we are in substantial debt.

We need fundamental change throughout the club.

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, sacking the manager isn't even half a plan. 

Savage would have had a say in Gnando, McEneff and possibly Kasteneer tho. 

It could be we just need to clear every player out from last season and start fresh. 

The above is the very reason to sack neilson tonight and appoint either Alex Neil or McInnes in the morning, give them the rest of the season to sift through the squad to identify who just hasn’t been coached properly and who just isn’t good enough

wattie exploited
21 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

what did he say ?:rifle:

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

The above is the very reason to sack neilson tonight and appoint either Alex Neil or McInnes in the morning, give them the rest of the season to sift through the squad to identify who just hasn’t been coached properly and who just isn’t good enough

Not convinced Mcinnes is the answer, this result doesn't change that. 

The Sportsound interview was excruciating in many ways.

Brian McLaughlen (sp) did try to push RN regarding the awfulness of the result, performance and supporter discontent but all he got in reply were hollow soundbites.

I like Robbie.

Sound Hearts player, Cup winner and great coach first time around but we've been mostly abysmal for months.

He's not going to lead Hearts into a bright new future.

Neither was Levein.

Obvious to me early doors, in both cases, which doesn't make me a know all as many others saw it coming, too.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, ScoPo said:

Why is he still in a job?   How many hours more must this humiliation continue?   

Sacking him won't change the embarrassment. 

thehibsareintheirbeds
2 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

what did he say ?:rifle:

Remnants of last season in the team. Not good enough. Credit to brora. Not good enough. Can understand why fans not happy. Great job in league.Work harder...blah blah blah

He's going nowhere

36 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Easily while Budge is still running things. I like Neilson, I think he has always done a decent job and things like tonight happen from time to time so I'm willing to forgive him. Budge, not so much. But getting knocked out the cup is not the end of the world. We are still on track to get promoted. 

Have to say I don’t agree 

We have been absolutely awful for a good while now, he has got it tactically wrong on a ridiculous number of occasions this season and he’s proven to be tactically inept. 

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, feej said:

Said something about a hangover from last season.

god the last month has been brutal and this is the worst result in Scottish cup history if he has any pride he would resign tonight !!!!!!!!!!:rifle:

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, feej said:

Said something about a hangover from last season.

Even if true, this result is beyond even that. 

Corstorphine Jambo

I didn’t fancy him coming back, but naturally hoped it would work out. Dear Lord, it really hasn’t. Okay, we’ll very likely get promoted, but if there had been a half decent team in this league with us, we wouldn’t be top. What’s been served up most weeks has been dire. Out the cups by Alloa and Brora. It’s the stuff of nightmares.

I do ask myself why Neilson took this job? Maybe it was simply about money - or I fear it was the promise of a nice cushy number. 
The club is soft. Full of players and staff with no desire. Summed up by the sheer excitement from McCulloch and Halliday when Rangers won the league. These boys, and there will be more, are just on easy street. 

And don’t get me started on the recent signings........

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Terry butcher syndrome- many know they are ****ed so are half arseing it. Shop window- nah, most will already know where they are going probably.

The others will be trying hard knowing they will be here.

Big divide in the changing room imo. The human factor.

Won't be a happy place, even worse now.

Mentioned this would be an issue back at xmas time, didn't think it would result in a game quite as bad as tonight's tho.

Worst result in the clubs history. Time is up robbie this is not an isolated  incident. We have been terrible in so many games this year. Knocked  out of the cups by alloa and brora rangers. Cost the clubs thousands. paying my season ticket and foh subs for this.. it’s simply not ok. it’s unacceptable it’s enough and it’s time to go. I hope Mrs budge or Mr Mckinlay act now!!

Rick Sanchez

That is his 5-0 away at Livi. This was the moment the trigger should have been pulled on Levein.

Lessons won't have been learned.

wattie exploited
2 minutes ago, thehibsareintheirbeds said:

Remnants of last season in the team. Not good enough. Credit to brora. Not good enough. Can understand why fans not happy. Great job in league.Work harder...blah blah blah

He's going nowhere

he should get on the comedy only a excuse !!!!!!!    :rifle:

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, gavvy said:

My biggest concern is the length of his contract and the expense to pay it up and get a competent replacement .

Ain’t going to be cheap. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not convinced Mcinnes is the answer, this result doesn't change that. 

I’ll go out on a limb and say that if we went for mcinnes we’d not go out the Scottish cup to a highland league side

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Even if true, this result is beyond even that. 

Yeah, I mean he's been here since the summer. He should have knocked that mentality out of them long before now. He's a man under pressure and knows it.

GorgieRules22

We as a support shouldn’t just accept tonight, we need to up the pressure to get both Budge and Neilson out ASAP.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Ain’t going to be cheap. 

More expensive than coming straight back down while changing half the squad every window?

If we don’t sack a manager after the worst result in our history then i am truly at a real loss. I like Robbie i really do, but this is beyond the pale now. Alex neil or derek mcinnes for me. not acting now may cost the club more. Real reason to think not acting will result in reduced season tickets and a low league position next year. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Ribble said:

I’ll go out on a limb and say that if we went for mcinnes we’d not go out the Scottish cup to a highland league side

Likley, but we wouldn't have given celtic a game in the sc finals either. 

McInnes isn't the answer imo and I hope he isn't considered if we replace Robbie. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Ribble said:

More expensive than coming straight back down while changing half the squad every window?

We were always going to change a lot of the squad next window. The question is who will be doing it?

He won't resign and budge won't sack him.  The only hope we have of promotion is that we have enough points already.  Don't want mcinnes anywhere near the club.  But we need a change in management as soon as possible.  I want to enjoy watching hearts again.  The last few years have been awful 

19 minutes ago, gavvy said:

My biggest concern is the length of his contract and the expense to pay it up and get a competent replacement .

The standard pay off in a contract is a year no matter what length the deal is, that should be the case.

SpruceBringsteen

Nothing's going to happen.

Neilson hasn't got the spine to walk, Budge hasn't got the spine to sack him. The players don't have the spine to revolt, the Foundation doesn't have the spine to do anything other than collect the money from thousands being taken as mugs.

Nothing's going to happen.

fabienleclerq
8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That is his 5-0 away at Livi. This was the moment the trigger should have been pulled on Levein.

Lessons won't have been learned.

Just said the same. 

2 minutes ago, Djm1874 said:

If we don’t sack a manager after the worst result in our history then i am truly at a real loss. I like Robbie i really do, but this is beyond the pale now. Alex neil or derek mcinnes for me. not acting now may cost the club more. Real reason to think not acting will result in reduced season tickets and a low league position next year. 

There’s a real danger he won’t be sacked. Budge didn’t turn a hair when Levein’s team threw in the towel and lost 5-0 at Livingston. She has an impressive track record when it comes to tolerating failure.

wattie exploited

this was on sky news and you can bet every ***** is laughing at us really not funny :rifle:

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )