• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

😂😂😂

Wrong about what exactly ? The pledge was on the website on the 10th of July. What weird individual. 

Still wrong. You said the pledge was made on 10th July. It wasn't it was made on 6th May. You then said it went on the website on 10th July. It didn't it went on earlier. Guess the date? 6th May. The email that was sent out contained the first couple of lines then linked to the website. That was also the day it was publicised in the media. That you aren't able to accept that you were wrong on something that is simply a fact I think demonstrates you're more about trolling other Hearts fans than wanting to actually have a reasonable discussion about anything. That when you are wrong you resort to stupid emojis and insults suggests the same. Funnily enough this is exactly the response I got from Ethan when I pointed out he was wrong about something. Maybe you two could go have a chat together. You'd like each other, a nice little make believe world where the club never does anything wrong.

Edited by Saint Jambo

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

My thoughts exactly.  At the time they went on sale we had no idea when football would restart let alone with fans.  We didn't know which division we were in either.

I bought a platinum season ticket to support the club and keep my seat.

Two direct question for you then.

With that level of uncertainty, was it a mistake to offer a 'guarantee' that they didn't know if they were going to be able to keep?

If it was a mistake, was that mistake made by the club or the fans?

Holyrood_Hearts
17 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Hearts have mislead fans.  Also some pay circa £290 others circa £450 for exactly the same thing.

Exactly. Utter ridiculous what the club have done here

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This is the crux.

Grossly unfair to sell season tickets at different prices to watch on your own tv.

Fundamentally and morally wrong 

But they didn't sell ST's at different prices to watch on your own TV. They were sold in the hope/expectation that fans would be in grounds by October. The fact that they're not is not the club's fault so as the games will be played anyway they're doing what every other club are doing and providing a live stream. I really don't know whst else they can do under the circumstances.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I was only producing a piece to back up what i was saying, i have still to find another piece Anne mentions on the hand over. I agree with the facts here, Anne has left herself open for questioning on a lot of issues. Andrew has now stepped into the space. I think Anne has been a success in many ways, although i have not been impressed with some of the comments made towards fans who pay over the odds to watch the football side. That has been brutal to say the least and the biggest failing at Hearts for many years. PR at Hearts has been as brutal at times. I was never a fan of Anne, i have grown to admire her stance and passion to give us a stable club with the big time experience. We need success on the pitch to stop all the deep thinking Jambos are doing here. Thanks for your reply. i agree with you these are silly mistakes to make with a sensitive angry support who feel cheated and fleeced. Terrible PR.

OK I wasn't criticising you and you rightly directed me to your source which I hadn't seen before. I have to say the article/interview does not enhance Ann's standing for me. She admits to or  boasts of being a control freak but she allowed Levein to run the "football department" (which is of course the absolute core of the business) into the ground for four years without taking any action.

Edited by Francis Albert

Gorgie Boot boy
21 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Do we even have a comms department? If so, it needs an injection of fresh blood (like most areas of the club). PR is shambolic.

I do not know, i rarely bother with the business side of the cub, do bother with how Jambos feel about things.  According to the online stuff a lot seem to know the ins on it all. I started taking an interest through posts here, i wanted to check out validity. As far as i see there is a huge problem through lack of communication between Fans representatives FOH and the Board. This is a delicate issue that involves trust.The Fans have played the biggest part in everything,gave up a lot of their life and of course funds through the decades to keep the club afloat. We have a right to be properly represented the FOH need to have more edge and bite. We the fans deserve the very best for our Club.

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

OK I wasn't criticising you and you rightly directed me to your source which I hadn't seen before. I have to say the article/interview does not enhance Ann's standing for me. She admits to or  boasts of being a control freak but she allowed Levein to run the "football department" (which is of course the absolute core of the business) into the ground for four years without taking any action.

I never thought Anne would cut it, i give her the respect for the main part of this. We are hurting through mistakes made by people that none of us actually vote into the club. Well i never. Leslie Deans is the guy i would of chosen. At the time Anne was fronting a syndicate of benefactors that i feel still exists. She is the front face for them. A feeling not a fact i must add.

15 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Still wrong. You said the pledge was made on 10th July. It wasn't it was made on 6th May. You then said it went on the website on 10th July. It didn't it went on earlier. Guess the date? 6th May. The email that was sent out contained the first couple of lines then linked to the website. That was also the day it was publicised in the media. That you aren't able to accept that you were wrong on something that is simply a fact I think demonstrates you're more about trolling other Hearts fans than wanting to actually have a reasonable discussion about anything. That when you are wrong you resort to stupid emojis and insults suggests the same. Funnily enough this is exactly the response I got from Ethan when I pointed out he was wrong about something. Maybe you two could go have a chat together. You'd like each other, a nice little make believe world where the club never does anything wrong.

Like yourself the actual dates are irrelevant but taken from the hearts website. Maybe no one is wrong ? Bash on though if it’s that important to you. 👍

3755665C-DD4F-45A7-BA1F-293BED1AA2B8.thumb.jpeg.f1abad37013bec5fc8c8da7e9e97a128.jpeg

13 minutes ago, 1953 said:

But they didn't sell ST's at different prices to watch on your own TV. They were sold in the hope/expectation that fans would be in grounds by October. The fact that they're not is not the club's fault so as the games will be played anyway they're doing what every other club are doing and providing a live stream. I really don't know whst else they can do under the circumstances.

Some sense. 

We're in the middle of a national emergency. There's people out there who have lost their jobs, There's children and students having their education disrupted. There's people dying FFS.

And there's folk on here having a hissy fit because they can only watch their football on the telly or computer.

Get A Grip.

Edited by upgotheheads

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Some sense. 

We're in the middle of a national emergency. There's people out there who have lost their jobs, There's children and students having their education disrupted. there's people dying FFS.

And there's folk on here having a hissy fit because they can only watch their football on the telly or computer.

Get A Grip.

But... “access”... :( 

Gorgie Boot boy
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Like yourself the actual dates are irrelevant but taken from the hearts website. Maybe no one is wrong ? Bash on though if it’s that important to you. 👍

3755665C-DD4F-45A7-BA1F-293BED1AA2B8.thumb.jpeg.f1abad37013bec5fc8c8da7e9e97a128.jpeg

The plot thickens. This could start a war.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I do not know, i rarely bother with the business side of the cub, do bother with how Jambos feel about things.  According to the online stuff a lot seem to know the ins on it all. I started taking an interest through posts here, i wanted to check out validity. As far as i see there is a huge problem through lack of communication between Fans representatives FOH and the Board. This is a delicate issue that involves trust.The Fans have played the biggest part in everything,gave up a lot of their life and of course funds through the decades to keep the club afloat. We have a right to be properly represented the FOH need to have more edge and bite. We the fans deserve the very best for our Club.

Agree

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

That pretty clearly shows the guarantee has not been fulfilled. 

And that it was an absolutely crazy (or very dishonest).guarantee to offer at the height of the pandemic.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Francis Albert said:

And that it was an absolutely crazy (or very dishonest).guarantee to offer at the height of the pandemic.

Yeah, the wording of it is stupid. But then our club seems to be stupid.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The season hasn’t started yet so Yeah I’d say your right the guarantee hasn’t been fulfilled at this point  👍

You are aware that isn’t the full pledge though ?

Edited by Dazo

Gorgie Boot boy

I think that at that point the club like other clubs expected to fulfill the guarantee, in between times new restrictions have came into play. I believe that the club will sort it out, hopeful they do it fast for guys like you. You have to take into consideration we are about to play in the Championship league, we have already faced training restrictions over the Covid 19 laws. Stay patient on this as i am sure it will be rectified by the club.

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Some sense. 

We're in the middle of a national emergency. There's people out there who have lost their jobs, There's children and students having their education disrupted. There's people dying FFS.

Get A Grip.

We can't criticise Hearts because people are dying?

Good grounds for taking them to court Franny. Get yourself a good lawyer, mate. 

9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It's funny the dates were relevant when you provided your posts from the end of July as evidence this was known all along. Dates were relevant when you were trying to take the piss out of me about my maths. Now it has been shown to you that you were wrong that the pledge was made on 10 July suddenly dates are irrelevant?

From 6 May https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-guarantee-fans-18-home-games-new-season-ticket-2844489

From 15 May https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/202021-season-tickets-now-on-sale

You're making a fool of yourself.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We can't criticise Hearts because people are dying?

Like I said, Get a Grip. That's generally taken as shorthand for 'Get a Grip on reality'

Edited by upgotheheads

"the business side of the club is great"

The club has misled fans over this.

"you can't view the club like a business"

Yet supposedly it's the negative folk who have an agenda?

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Taffin said:

The club has misled fans over this.

"you can't view the club like a business"

Yet supposedly it's the negative folk who have an agenda?

This is my story, this is my song.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

It's funny the dates were relevant when you provided your posts from the end of July as evidence this was known all along. Dates were relevant when you were trying to take the piss out of me about my maths. Now it has been shown to you that you were wrong that the pledge was made on 10 July suddenly dates are irrelevant?

From 6 May https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-guarantee-fans-18-home-games-new-season-ticket-2844489

From 15 May https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/202021-season-tickets-now-on-sale

As an aside, the EEN need to stop acting like an advertising leaflet for the club. Pure propaganda 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I have no problem with people who feel they've been conned somehow asking for a refund. Of course they then have to pay the PPV price for games, which will probably be on the high side given the outcry, and they'll give up their chance of going to Tynecastle to watch a game - possibly for a very long time.

Why for a very long time? Are they going to.be banned or are we going to sell out the ground for a very long time?

Dennis Reynolds
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Cool you can be right too. 👍

Dates are irrelevant, let that sink in. 

It was you that brought up dates ya dingle 🤣  lEt ThAt SiNk In

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I’m genuinely bored out my mind with this, it appeared on the website on the 10th when I seen it. When you seen it is completely irrelevant, if that makes me a fool then delighted for you sweetheart. 😘

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As an aside, the EEN need to stop acting like an advertising leaflet for the club. Pure propaganda 

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

I’m genuinely bored out my mind with this, it appeared on the website on the 10th when I seen it. When you seen it is completely irrelevant, if that makes me a fool then delighted for you sweetheart. 😘

Yep. Wouldn't your life have been so much less boring if you'd just been able to admit you were fallible at the start rather than your normal approach of wanting to immediately take the piss out of anyone who dares to disagree with you. I'll pop you on to my ignore list. Why don't you do the same and you won't be bored anymore.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I think the regime in the fifties did a pretty good job. 

😂😂😂😂

It's a good job for you most of the posters on this site are to young to comment on that piece of nonsense. 

Another thread another time perhaps. 

I don't want to disrupt the festival of moaning. 😴

Has anyone actually asked for a

refund ? 

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Like I said, Get a Grip. That's generally taken as shorthand for 'Get a Grip on reality'

So the reality is we can't criticise Hearts because pepple are dying?

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

😂😂😂😂

It's a good job for you most of the posters on this site are to young to comment on that piece of nonsense. 

Another thread another time perhaps. 

I don't want to disrupt the festival of moaning. 😴

Has anyone actually asked for a

refund ? 

I was only barely around then but two titles, a cup.and four league cups in 8 years would rate as a good job even if they then lost the plot a bit.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

So the reality is we can't criticize Hearts because people are dying?

No more people have died of Covid 19 than die of Influenza every year. It is not the plague or Spanish flu. So fire in and criticize.

So the reality is we can't criticise Hearts because pepple are dying?

Not if you have any sense of proportion.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I was only barely around then but two titles, a cup.and four league cups in 8 years would rate as a good job even if they then lost the plot a bit.

What they needed to do was build an overpriced stand, have a restaurant with a good rating on Tripadvisor, get an orchestra to ruin the pitch and bomb out into the championship.

**** this winning trophies bollocks.

been here before
26 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Some sense. 

Get A Grip.

:rofl:

Just when you think things couldnt get any more theatrically hysterical this post breezes in on the histrionic wings of glorious melodrama and blows every ***** out the water.

Thought Police

Not read the whole thread but if you bought a season ticket under the impression you’d see a lot of football this season, there is no helping you.

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

No more people have died of Covid 19 than die of Influenza every year. It is not the plague or Spanish flu. So fire in and criticize.

And currently 5 to 8 times as many people are dying of common flu and pneumonia as of Covid 19. The world has gone mad. And JKB has never been on the sane side of the spectrum.

Dennis Reynolds
6 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Not read the whole thread but if you bought a season ticket under the impression you’d see a lot of football this season, there is no helping you.

If you had read the thread, you would know this isn't what people are annoyed about. 

Guest ToqueJambo
32 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why for a very long time? Are they going to.be banned or are we going to sell out the ground for a very long time?

Would have thought that was obvious. COVID could be with us for a couple of years. Fans at grounds soon is unlikely. Full stadiums are even more unlikely. Christ, the lower leagues including ours may not even get going if clubs can't test or it does get going but we have so many call offs due to covid cases because clubs aren't testing.

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

And currently 5 to 8 times as many people are dying of common flu and pneumonia as of Covid 19. The world has gone mad. And JKB has never been on the sane side of the spectrum.

Two points. 1. Medicine has moved on slightly since the Spanish flu. 2. How many people would die from flu without the vaccine and treatments we have? We don't have any vaccine or any effective treatments for COVID.

IT's quite incredible after all the global deaths and after over 6 months of this some people still don't get the difference between flu and COVID. We don't even know the long term effects of getting COVID, even if you had a mild case. For all we know they could be devastating.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What they needed to do was build an overpriced stand, have a restaurant with a good rating on Tripadvisor, get an orchestra to ruin the pitch and bomb out into the championship.

**** this winning trophies bollocks.

Since building the stand etc we've got closer to winning trophies than at any other time since admin in terms of cup final and semi final appearances. Maybe the two can work off each other?

Edited by ToqueJambo