All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

I used "Charge Back" on RyanAir via Barclaycard.

I had to prove to Barclaycard that I'd exhausted all avenues with RyanAir first (which I did), then Barclaycard took another 4 weeks to get my money back.

I did the same for Ryanair with My Lloyds card. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

12 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Unable just to hold your hands up and say you got it wrong. No surprise.

Don't think that describing 6th of May to 31st July as 3 months is accurate, but you do think that "A 20/21 season ticket guarantees you 18 matches at Tynecastle Park" is an accurate description of watching games at home. If I doubted you were full of shit before, I certainly don't now. 

😂😂😂

Wrong about what exactly ? The pledge was on the website on the 10th of July. What weird individual. 

28 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So you have two choices:

• Go to court and prove you have a case and potentially see the club in serious financial trouble.  Might cost you a fair bit to finance legal action.
  • Watch the football and support the club through the pandemic.

I intend to watch the games and ‘support’ the club through the pandemic, as I have pre pandemic, and post.  

I have been a season ticket holder for 25 of the last 26 seasons.  My dad paid for me before that.   I have subscribed to FoH from day one, and registered my interest on the very first day.  I also am a shareholder, buying shares in the Pieman days, and buying further Vlad shares too.  

All this money I could have used for other priorities, but did not.   I therefore think I am within my rights to criticise if I think the club has fooled fans.   I am also within my rights to back fans who do want a refund.  It does not mean they are not supporting the club through the pandemic.

To pin the blame on fans, if the club did come into serious financial bother, is out of order, in my opinion, especially given who badly we have been run over the last four years.  

Edited by Paolo

7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I used "Charge Back" on RyanAir via Barclaycard.

I had to prove to Barclaycard that I'd exhausted all avenues with RyanAir first (which I did), then Barclaycard took another 4 weeks to get my money back.

Ryan Air were surprisingly good with me.  The heat and the criticism must be finally having an effect. 

I have written to the club asking this simple question:

Can you confirm what arrangements you are putting in place for customers who do not have access to the internet at home or who do not consider streaming to be an acceptable alternative to attending match ?

A simple question which I would expect the club will have considered and should have been explained as part of a FAQ added to the website news story. All we have had is this 'aren't we wonderful' website story and a general email that was not specifically targeted at season ticket holders and ended up in my junk mail; there has been no attempt at direct communication with people who have spent a lot of money and in the main are not getting what they thought they had paid for. It's not hard to do! There will be elderly supporters who have no access to the internet and will be absolutely clueless about what is going on and how this affects them. Whether you agree with what they are doing in this instance or not, when it comes to customer care this is one business that time and time again performs shockingly but gets away with it because of what it represents. It needs a good shake!   

43 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

*You’re

Damn! Cought out again! What, with me being the raining Annandale St Scrabble champ an' all. 😁 Ps ... wisnae havin' a go ... simply having a chuckle at people moaning, then you moaning at them, then someone else moaning at you, then you moaning back; so I just thought I'd join in and imagined all the moaners in one room at the same time for a glorious moan-fest. Could book the Gorgie Suite and make a night of it! 😆

Francis Albert
16 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

In my opinion until the current ‘regime’ never!

I think the regime in the fifties did a pretty good job. Not perfect  but on the whole pretty good

Mercer also did a decent job. 

The current regime with vastly better funding and resources... not so good.

11 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I intend to watch the games and ‘support’ the club through the pandemic, as I have pre pandemic, and post.  

I have been a season ticket holder for 25 of the last 26 seasons.  My dad paid for me before that.   I have subscribed to FoH from day one, and registered my interest on the very first day.  I also am a shareholder, buying shares in the Pieman days, and buying further Vlad shares too.  

All this money I could have used for other priorities, but did not.   I therefore think I am within my rights to criticise if I think the club has fooled fans.   I am also within my rights to back fans who do want a refund.  It does not mean they are not supporting the club through the pandemic.

To pin the blame on fans, if the club did come into serious financial bother, is out of order, in my opinion, especially given who badly we have been run over the last four years.  

You think the club has been badly run financially over the past four years?

Pray tell where you think the club can fund itself with no income if enough fans succeed in getting refunds?:

10 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I have written to the club asking this simple question:

Can you confirm what arrangements you are putting in place for customers who do not have access to the internet at home or who do not consider streaming to be an acceptable alternative to attending match ?

A simple question which I would expect the club will have considered and should have been explained as part of a FAQ added to the website news story. All we have had is this 'aren't we wonderful' website story and a general email that was not specifically targeted at season ticket holders and ended up in my junk mail; there has been no attempt at direct communication with people who have spent a lot of money and in the main are not getting what they thought they had paid for. It's not hard to do! There will be elderly supporters who have no access to the internet and will be absolutely clueless about what is going on and how this affects them. Whether you agree with what they are doing in this instance or not, when it comes to customer care this is one business that time and time again performs shockingly but gets away with it because of what it represents. It needs a good shake!   

It is a fair question.   Not everyone has a PC or a tablet.  Particularly the older generation (sorry if this is ageist).  

Many simply may not be able to afford it (they might have bought a season ticket instead).  

Even those who do, across Scotland, there the broadband quality varies greatly.   Up until the last year or so BT recommended me not to sign up to their TV package, which I intended to watch online, due to the broadband speed where I live. 

Edited by Paolo

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If they had added something like the bit in bold then no-one could really have any complaints about being misled - sadly they didn’t. 

‘If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games ( either online via streaming or in person at Tynecastle ) then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability.‘

So simple Dave. I was always comfortable shelling out for my ST and our charity ones knowing that it was more than likely that we wouldn't get to attend 18 games in 20/21. Also took the view that for 21/22 I wouldn't be asking the club for an ST credit. In saying that, the way that the ST guarantee was worded is very poor. You have to feel for those multi purchase households. The statement released doesn't improve matters and for me the club just isn't in touch with its customer base  

14 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Don't fall for the "not as good a fan"  schtick. 

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Pray tell where you think the club can fund itself with no income if enough fans succeed in getting refunds?:

I never said badly run financially.  I said badly run, which has had a knock on effect, in that the product was crap, so walk ups were less, and we found ourself in the position where we were bottom of the league at the worst possible time.  

And I have never said fans should ask for a refund.  I said I think they are entitled to one, and I won’t criticise them if they ask for one.  They probably have plowed a fortune into the club already, only to be hoodwinked this time round.

I am also not saying the club should find themselves.   I am saying they should be honest and clear.  If they were, then this debate would not be happening.  

Edited by Paolo

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Don't fall for the "not as good a fan"  schtick. 

Don’t worry. I won’t.  Our fans are great.  The best.   That is why they deserved more transparency.  

Edited by Paolo

15 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Ryan Air were surprisingly good with me.  The heat and the criticism must be finally having an effect. 

Flight was cancelled on 28th March,  money finally returned on 31st July. 

Just now, Paolo said:

I never said badly run financially.  I said badly run, which has had a knock on effect, in that the product was crap, so walk ups were less, and we found ourself in the position where we were bottom of the league at the worst possible time.  

What you said was misleading and your point about the product is irrelevant to the fact the club has to find a way to not only survive but to get promotion from the Championship.

Just now, Paolo said:

And I have never said fans should ask for a refund.  I said I think they are entitled to one, and I won’t criticise them if they ask for one.  They probably have plowed a fortune into the club already, only to be hoodwinked this time round. 

Did the club know what the timescales on allowing mass gatherings would be?  Wasn't a vaccine supposed to be available by September?  What happened to Matt Handcocks track and trace app promised 4 months ago?

Aye, you are right - the club could have forseen all of this when they put season tickets on sale.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

What you said was misleading and your point about the product is irrelevant to the fact the club has to find a way to not only survive but to get promotion from the Championship.

Did the club know what the timescales on allowing mass gatherings would be?  Wasn't a vaccine supposed to be available by September?  What happened to Matt Handcocks track and trace app promised 4 months ago?

Aye, you are right - the club could have forseen all of this when they put season tickets on sale.

What I said was misleading, but what Hearts said wasn’t?   Good one. 

And of course Hearts could not predict when mass gatherings would be allowed.  So why make a guarantee, if you knew you had no clue if you could honour it or not.  

As for Matt Hancock’s track and trace, since health is a devolved matter, I am not sure of the relevance of this. 

14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Jammy wearers and Ubers could always buy a few more Virtual Season Tickets to make up for the fans getting refunds?

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

Nice deflection.

And of course Hearts could not predict when mass gatherings would be allowed.  So why make a guarantee, if you knew you had no clue if you could honour it or not.  

Most people realised that there would almost certainly be no football until a vaccine or the New Year.  I bought my season ticket fully aware of that.

As for Matt Hancock’s track and trace, since health is a devolved matter, I am not sure of the relevance of this. 

Health may be devolved but I think the app was supposed to be UK wide.

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

I donate to the FoH, have done from the start. Although I think they are hopeless and out of touch I won't stop that. 

If I am being honest the thought of watching us on a stream has very little appeal. Games I have watched on TV in the lockdown have left me cold. 

In the end I am just tired of being treated like a cash cow and overwhelmingly taken for granted by people who have spunked all my money on shit anyway. 

Might buy a nice pair of shoes though. 

You are entitled to do this if you feel you haven’t understood..

at the same time, can you confirm you will hoping too many of us don’t do this?  or it will be admin 2 

3 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Jammy wearers and Ubers could always buy a few more Virtual Season Tickets to make up for the fans getting refunds?

Those demanding refunds will be the first to moan when we have to sell our best players and be uncompetitive while Hibs laugh at this thread.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Paolo said:

When STs went on sale we didn't even know which league we'd be in, let alone when fans would be back. Did anyone buying a ST really do so in the belief they would watch every home game physically at Tynecastle?

However, we did at that time think reconstruction or something would happen. For me that was a pledge to ensure that everyone who buys a ST will see Hearts play football, which is the main aim. With at best half capacity at games a ST would be the ONLY way to see a game in the flesh if that became possible. Most folk I know who bought a ST did so to have the chance of seeing Hearts in the flesh.

Hearts, like lots of people in football it seems, were unrealistically optimistic. Should clubs have been selling STs at all? How badly do you want your club to survive this crisis? If folk want to quibble over quickly cobbled together (over Zoom) marketing campaigns that's up to them. Ask for a refund and pay PPV in that case. I'm going to guess PPV prices will end up closer to ST game prices by the way.

No-one could really have predicted what dicks the other clubs would be, so we ended up in a 27-game league that doesn't even start until October.

The club will probably offer refunds and do somethign with PPV or pricing or something if the backlash in real life is as real as on this forum.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

You make a very good point. Maybe Hearts could look at people in your situation again.

Fair enough, but there have been many  occasions over the years when I couldn't get to a game when it would have suited me to have had access to a stream.

I don't think they're out of touch with the fans; the future of the club is at risk and I'll still be better of financially because of all the travelling and beer I consume on trips to Tynecastle. Over the piece I'll save the cost of my season ticket anyway, so between seeing games I wouldn't have seen and the improved condition of my wallet and liver there are some up-sides.

Really? A quick look at the reactions to the zlamal and streaming situations would suggest otherwise I’m afraid.

I’m not one to have a meltdown about it all but it’s clear that they could have dealt with this situation much better and been clearer to those who were sitting on their decision to renew or not. 

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When STs went on sale we didn't even know which league we'd be in, let alone when fans would be back. Did anyone buying a ST really do so in the belief they would watch every home game physically at Tynecastle?

However, we did at that time think reconstruction or something would happen. For me that was a pledge to ensure that everyone who buys a ST will see Hearts play football, which is the main aim. Hearts, like lots of people in football it seems, were unrealistically optimistic. Should clubs have been selling STs at all? How badly do you want your club to survive this crisis? If folk want to quibble over quickly cobbled together (over Zoom) marketing campaigns that's up to them. Ask for a refund and pay PPV in that case. I'm going to guess PPV prices will end up closer to ST game prices by the way.

No-one could really have predicted what dicks the other clubs would be, so we ended up in a 27-game league that doesn't even start until October.

The club will probably offer refunds and do somethign with PPV or pricing or something if the backlash in real life is as real as on this forum.

The club knew we might not be playing in the Premiership, and knew fans might not be allowed in to all games, regardless of league, hence the guarantee.   As a other poster said, a simple line saying the guarantee included online streaming, then there would be no issue.  

As you correctly ask, did anyone really believe they would get entry to Tynecastle for every game?   If it was that obvious to you and many others, then Hearts should have covered it in the T&Cs.   That once sentence would have done it, and  made a big difference. 

Edited by Paolo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Mort said:

Really? A quick look at the reactions to the zlamal and streaming situations would suggest otherwise I’m afraid.

I’m not one to have a meltdown about it all but it’s clear that they could have dealt with this situation much better and been clearer to those who were sitting on their decision to renew or not. 

A lot has changed since May. Surely people can see that. Back then we were optimistic about reconstruction or overturning demotion. The SPFL and everyone was saying fans would be back by October. All clubs sold STs in the full knowledge that fans would maybe not be able to watch games in person. Everyone bought STs knowing that too. Hibs ST "guarantees" a seat for "all" home games, exactly the same as us. No ST holder in Scotland is getting what they paid for right now.

If people really don't want to watch a stream the club has invested money in providing, then they can ask for refunds. Other clubs' ST holders are getting on with it and watching online.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You are entitled to do this if you feel you haven’t understood..

at the same time, can you confirm you will hoping too many of us don’t do this?  or it will be admin 2 

People will make their own mind up, I respect individuals take on the situation. In all probability I don't think I will receive the refund. 

As an accountant it would be extraordinarily difficult for Hearts to get into another admin situation but I understand that you mean severe financial difficulty. I hope we don't but quite honestly the financial planning at the club in normal times in recent years has been problematic. We are mismanaged and upsetting large elements of the support is only doing harm. This situation could have been negotiated in a different way but no one at the club seems to have the insight or indeed will to plan and engage fans on anything. 

12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Those demanding refunds will be the first to moan when we have to sell our best players and be uncompetitive while Hibs laugh at this thread.

Genuinely don’t think there is one player in that Team I would be bothered about leaving. Certainly no complaints from me. 

6 hours ago, iainmac said:

So you're OK with the club behaving like a second hand car dealership?

Some second hand dealers are competent but cars can still go wrong. 

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Paolo said:

The club knew we might not be playing in the Premiership, and knew fans might not be allowed in to all games, regardless of league, hence the guarantee.   As a other poster said, a simple line saying the guarantee included online streaming, then there would be no issue.  

As you correctly ask, did anyone really believe they would get entry to Tynecastle for every game?   If it was that obvious to you and many others, then Hearts should have covered it in the T&Cs.   That once sentence would have done it, and  made a big difference. 

I have no problem with people who feel they've been conned somehow asking for a refund. Of course they then have to pay the PPV price for games, which will probably be on the high side given the outcry, and they'll give up their chance of going to Tynecastle to watch a game - possibly for a very long time.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Gorgie Boot boy
2 hours ago, Jodami said:

Tin hat firmly on here. Slept on this yesterday and not any happier. I have emailed the club to ask for refunds on my tickets today. Will feed back the response I get. 

You have the same choice to do that as you did in Buying, i do feel for fans who sense an injustice on the finer details of purchase and that guarantee part that has heads up holes. In my opinion you are jumping the gun on this and restricting yourself from watching Hearts. You will need to get yourself on Hearts TV if you are not already. Good luck to you. 

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

As I said it is not up to Ann to decide when she at last  hands over ownership to FoH. And it is up to FoH to decide whether she has a continung role when that transfer of ownership belatedly happens.

The article reads like a PR puff piece for one Ann Budge. Encouraged and prompted by one Ann Budge.

Edited by Francis Albert

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A lot has changed since May. Surely people can see that. Back then we were optimistic about reconstruction or overturning demotion. The SPFL and everyone was saying fans would be back by October. All clubs sold STs in the full knowledge that fans would maybe not be able to watch games in person. Everyone bought STs knowing that too. Hibs ST "guarantees" a seat for "all" home games, exactly the same as us. No ST holder in Scotland is getting what they paid for right now.

If people really don't want to watch a stream the club has invested money in providing, then they can ask for refunds. Other clubs' ST holders are getting on with it and watching online.

Yes of course. I’m fully aware of the situation the club is in. The issue I have is the way they marketed this. It swayed people towards buying. 

A season ticket should allow you to get games at a cheaper rate over the course of the season, than a walk up ticket purchase. In this case, most of us ST holders are paying double what the one time stream purchasers will pay for access to watch online. Not much reward for loyalty. More transparency and honesty required from the club. 

6 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

I really feel sorry for you.

I read the news yesterday that I was finally going to get to watch Hearts play football again. My skin tingled, got goosebumps, my stomach turned a little and the excitement kicked in, I planned ahead in my mind in milliseconds how I'm going to spend the day and I instantly go into happy mode knowing no matter what Shite lay's ahead over the coming days and into next week, I finally have something to look forward to. 

You don't, that's really sad.

This

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Francis Albert said:

As I said it is not up to Ann to decide when she at last  hands over ownership to FoH. And it is up to FoH to decide whether she has a continung role when that transfer of ownership belatedly happens.

The article reads like a PR puff piece for one Ann Budge.

I was only producing a piece to back up what i was saying, i have still to find another piece Anne mentions on the hand over. I agree with the facts here, Anne has left herself open for questioning on a lot of issues. Andrew has now stepped into the space. I think Anne has been a success in many ways, although i have not been impressed with some of the comments made towards fans who pay over the odds to watch the football side. That has been brutal to say the least and the biggest failing at Hearts for many years. PR at Hearts has been as brutal at times. I was never a fan of Anne, i have grown to admire her stance and passion to give us a stable club with the big time experience. We need success on the pitch to stop all the deep thinking Jambos are doing here. Thanks for your reply. i agree with you these are silly mistakes to make with a sensitive angry support who feel cheated and fleeced. Terrible PR.

35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No they won't.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Too soon buddy. People are still at the "pure ragin' " stage...I'd leave it another 25 pages

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Have you not demanded a refund like most on here? 🤔

Nae chance I’d do that. What were people expecting when they bought the ST this situation will change by the day. 

Guest ToqueJambo
35 minutes ago, Mort said:

Yes of course. I’m fully aware of the situation the club is in. The issue I have is the way they marketed this. It swayed people towards buying. 

A season ticket should allow you to get games at a cheaper rate over the course of the season, than a walk up ticket purchase. In this case, most of us ST holders are paying double what the one time stream purchasers will pay for access to watch online. Not much reward for loyalty. More transparency and honesty required from the club. 

Absolutely. These aren't normal times though so if ever there was a time to cut the club some slack it's now. I'm pretty sure Hearts will try to make it right for anyone who genuinely feels misled or conned or whatever.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
43 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I was only producing a piece to back up what i was saying, i have still to find another piece Anne mentions on the hand over. I agree with the facts here, Anne has left herself open for questioning on a lot of issues. Andrew has now stepped into the space. I think Anne has been a success in many ways, although i have not been impressed with some of the comments made towards fans who pay over the odds to watch the football side. That has been brutal to say the least and the biggest failing at Hearts for many years. PR at Hearts has been as brutal at times. I was never a fan of Anne, i have grown to admire her stance and passion to give us a stable club with the big time experience. We need success on the pitch to stop all the deep thinking Jambos are doing here. Thanks for your reply. i agree with you these are silly mistakes to make with a sensitive angry support who feel cheated and fleeced. Terrible PR.

Do we even have a comms department? If so, it needs an injection of fresh blood (like most areas of the club). PR is shambolic.

I'll be honest and say this is exactly what I thought a season ticket would entail this season but I can see why some found the advertising misleading. 

3 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Hearts have mislead fans.  Also some pay circa £290 others circa £450 for exactly the same thing.

Let’s hope it’s only for a few games then I can get back to my luxury padded seat. 😷

23 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Nae chance I’d do that. What were people expecting when they bought the ST this situation will change by the day. 

My thoughts exactly.  At the time they went on sale we had no idea when football would restart let alone with fans.  We didn't know which division we were in either.

I bought a platinum season ticket to support the club and keep my seat.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, bighalders said:

Hearts have mislead fans.  Also some pay circa £290 others circa £450 for exactly the same thing.

This is the crux.

Grossly unfair to sell season tickets at different prices to watch on your own tv.

Fundamentally and morally wrong