All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think they were associates of Robinson and not club employees. 

Aye sounds right now you mention it. Wasn’t there  even rumours of them being paid ?

Edited by Dazo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

Neil Dongcaster
9 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yes, really. You find it so hard to accept that others dont agree with you; you think they must be either 1) "club employees", or 2) have an "agenda" that stops them "speaking against the club". Then you go on to say others "find it incredibly hard that sometimes two opposing viewpoints can both have validity" (3)... after struggling so hard to accept that the folk in pigeon holes 1) and 2), might just have valid opposing opinions.

Please don’t quote me on things I haven’t said. You are simply making things up and it’s unhelpful. 

13 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Don’t know mate. Think they will need to come up with something to try and cut down the flak they are getting though. There’s a poll on Twitter about how people feel about it, started by someone who used to post on here. When I last looked most people weren’t too bothered by the way it’s being done at present. Maybe someone could do one on here with the same answer options? 🤷‍♂️

49B07C0E-DCC7-4953-8EE5-FCEACBA74EE8.jpeg

Interesting. If a business has taken an action that has managed to leave 46% of its most loyal customers somewhere between "a bit pissed of" and "raging - want my money back" then they have a problem (obviously team results/performances often leave almost 100% of season ticket holders pissed off, but that we do all sign-up for). If 9% of Hearts season ticket holders claim a refund then that could cost Hearts several hundred thousand pounds. Anyone who doesn't think season ticket holders would be entitled to at least a partial refund is living in cloud cuckoo land.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wasn’t aware it had happened before tbh. What happened?

I think under Robinson there was a regular poster called Badger who spent huge amounts of time defending the club/ Robinson. I can't remember the details as to whether he was exposed in some way, but a lot of posters ended up convinced that he was a particular club employee (possibly a PR consultant).

I imagine that there will be Hearts employees who post on here and they may post things they really shouldn't. That happens with most companies and social media. I don't think there is really any reason to believe that those most vociferously defending the club here are employees and certainly no good reason to believe they are club employees. I wish the club was paying enough attention to the views of supporters to be spending time discussing things with individual fans, because at the moment the club seems to be putting almost no thought in to the views and reactions of supporters (this is hyperbole, I don't actually want Hearts to pay people to come onto JKB).

----

Generally, this thread is like a giant game of whack-a-mole. Every time you finally convince one person that the unhappy supporters aren't complaining because they thought they would get into Tynecastle despite a pandemic, a long come another two making exactly the same points and asking exactly the same questions, normally several times even when answered, before finally reality begins to dawn. If any of them bothered to start reading from the beginning, all their points have been addressed time and time again over the last 30 pages.

6 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Please don’t quote me on things I haven’t said. You are simply making things up and it’s unhelpful. 

Aye no bother chief:

"Club employees are, in my opinion, posting on the forum justifying bad decisions... "

"The gentleman running this forum are unwilling to risk going against the club in any meaningful way... "

"Posters find it incredibly hard that sometimes two opposing viewpoints can both have validity... "

You are finding it so difficult to accept that other people's opposing opinions may be valid, you are imagining club espionage and propaganda.

Irony:

"A state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result."

Edited by Beast Boy

1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Interesting. If a business has taken an action that has managed to leave 46% of its most loyal customers somewhere between "a bit pissed of" and "raging - want my money back" then they have a problem (obviously team results/performances often leave almost 100% of season ticket holders pissed off, but that we do all sign-up for). If 9% of Hearts season ticket holders claim a refund then that could cost Hearts several hundred thousand pounds. Anyone who doesn't think season ticket holders would be entitled to at least a partial refund is living in cloud cuckoo land.

I think under Robinson there was a regular poster called Badger who spent huge amounts of time defending the club/ Robinson. I can't remember the details as to whether he was exposed in some way, but a lot of posters ended up convinced that he was a particular club employee (possibly a PR consultant).

I imagine that there will be Hearts employees who post on here and they may post things they really shouldn't. That happens with most companies and social media. I don't think there is really any reason to believe that those most vociferously defending the club here are employees and certainly no good reason to believe they are club employees. I wish the club was paying enough attention to the views of supporters to be spending time discussing things with individual fans, because at the moment the club seems to be putting almost no thought in to the views and reactions of supporters (this is hyperbole, I don't actually want Hearts to pay people to come onto JKB).

----

Generally, this thread is like a giant game of whack-a-mole. Every time you finally convince one person that the unhappy supporters aren't complaining because they thought they would get into Tynecastle despite a pandemic, a long come another two making exactly the same points and asking exactly the same questions, normally several times even when answered, before finally reality begins to dawn. If any of them bothered to start reading from the beginning, all their points have been addressed time and time again over the last 30 pages.

Not using it to justify anything mate, and what you say is true. Just pointing out the poll's existence, and thought it might be good if someone cloned it and posted it on here.

2 hours ago, comradejambo said:

The club should Apologise and offer refunds to those that want. I get it’s a bad situation but trust and integrity is everything. Doing the right thing is paramount. I wouldn’t imagine the take up for refunds would be high (from a personal perspective I don’t want a refund). Those is a worse off situation may do but it’s totally their prerogative and they should be made aware of this! These are tough times for the club, but also for many families! This should not be forgotten. 

Trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes that watching on a stream was always part of the guarantee is an insult to the supporters and goes back on the original pledge. Whilst I get the parameters have changed, an apology and explanation is the least we deserve!

Yes I would go along with that. 👍

I do think some of the reactions on here have been a bit over the top though. 😕 

15 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Depends.

At least one of them was a PR guru hired by Pieman. The mods at the time were collaborating fully with the wee gang but the club effectively owned the forum back then.

Didn’t know that. 

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Not using it to justify anything mate, and what you say is true. Just pointing out the poll's existence, and thought it might be good if someone cloned it and posted it on here.

Sorry, wasn't suggesting you were. Was just commenting on what I thought was an interesting poll.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Sorry, wasn't suggesting you were. Was just commenting on what I thought was an interesting poll.

I know, didn't mean to imply you were. :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Didn’t know that. 

The Pieman closed the board down "on the advice of the police" and a new board started up on another platform with the same mods. 

The SOH guys registered as Bruce / Judge  / Badger on the new board before they could. We all got PM's from the mods who thought we were the real deal. 

Interesting PM's  -  mostly about us and how they were going to ban us so,  Bruce &  Co were not to worry. 

Crazy times! 

21 minutes ago, Zico said:

I see we’ve driven down refund avenue,

taken the left onto court case drive and are now approaching the tinfoil hat turnpike! :rofl:

I know it’s nuts. If only the club could’ve explained what buying a season ticket actually meant then all this would’ve been avoided. 

Franksluckypants
2 hours ago, the sub goalie said:

Regarding the comments that we’re in a pandemic, what more could Hearts have done?  I feel the club could have still issued their communication re the streamed games, however added to it that they appreciate that this may not be an option for everyone and they should contact the club to discuss options.  I would imagine a high percentage of season tickets holders would accept the streaming as part of their season ticket, however they should not be forced into it as this is not what they paid for.

We all have an emotional tie to Hearts and want them to prosper, however the wording of the original communications suggested that the 18 game pledge would be for physical attendance at Tynecastle when it is safe to do so, that was my understanding off it anyway.  There will be season ticket holders who do not have access to the internet so will not be able to watch the games, what happens to them?

If you ordered a voucher for a restaurant and had booked in to be told that there are now only offering a take away option at the same price as it would be to sit in and that is now your only option, you would feel imo rightly aggrieved.  The quality of the food won’t be as high due to the delivery time and you loose out on the experience of dining in with the service and ambiance etc.

I have 3 season ticket holders in my home and it will be an expense stream, I will accept the streaming option as currently I’m in a position where I can afford to take the hit.  If I’m honest, this seasons payment was always a donation in my mind and any live football would be a bonus.  However, it doesn’t make it right that this is your only option, like it or lump it. 

Agree with you and I'm in a similar position having 3 season tickets holders in my household, making a single match stream costing over £50. I held off from renewing, so did so knowing things might not be entirely straightforward in being able to attend all the matches.

Tbh though I'm more P'ed off from the 'Only Hearts' and Bobby's loan shenanigans of last week!

On 16/09/2020 at 16:19, davemclaren said:

To be honest that’s exactly what I expect from marketing people from years of experience working with them. 

We have a marketing team? 

11 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The Pieman closed the board down "on the advice of the police" and a new board started up on another platform with the same mods. 

The SOH guys registered as Bruce / Judge  / Badger on the new board before they could. We all got PM's from the mods who thought we were the real deal. 

Interesting PM's  -  mostly about us and how they were going to ban us so,  Bruce &  Co were not to worry. 

Crazy times! 

They were certainly interesting times. 

3 hours ago, comradejambo said:

The club should Apologise and offer refunds to those that want. I get it’s a bad situation but trust and integrity is everything. Doing the right thing is paramount. I wouldn’t imagine the take up for refunds would be high (from a personal perspective I don’t want a refund). Those is a worse off situation may do but it’s totally their prerogative and they should be made aware of this! These are tough times for the club, but also for many families! This should not be forgotten. 

Trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes that watching on a stream was always part of the guarantee is an insult to the supporters and goes back on the original pledge. Whilst I get the parameters have changed, an apology and explanation is the least we deserve!

This would be the way forward. And those who have bought upper priced season tickets would likely just buy one at a lower price.

Perhaps the club could guarantee (I know I know) that their original upper priced seat would still be reserved for when we're allowed back inside?

As an aside, was chatting to a friend of mine yesterday who is PHM and is furious about this as he's spent over £1k on season tickets. He said he's cancelled his FOH donation (I did point out this was different to cash given to the club) and is thinking about contacting his credit card company to get season ticket cash back if the club refuse refunds.

This would be on the basis that he hasn't been provided with the goods he was promised.

PR disaster if he feels like this.

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

@Saint Jambo cheers for the backstory on the mole. Funny enough the name Badger does ring a bell but was definitely before I’d read or posted on KB. He’s maybe been mentioned on here before. 

There was a poster on the old EEN Hearts comments called Badger c2005/6. No idea if the same guy. EEM Guy was doing some charity stuff with old football tops.

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

There was a poster on the old EEN Hearts comments called Badger c2005/6. No idea if the same guy. EEM Guy was doing some charity stuff with old football tops.

May well have been him I’m thinking of. Used to read the comments regularly. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

May well have been him I’m thinking of. Used to read the comments regularly. 

Riley Hamish and Sergey... there are no words to describe how pathetic a life he/they must have lived. :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Riley Hamish and Sergey... there are no words to describe how pathetic a life he/they must have lived. :rofl:

Sergey! 😂😂😂 how many guises just to repeat the same shite over and over again. Even the hibs fans tired of him after dates given for our demise passed time and again. 

Edited by GinRummy

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

:cornette_dog:

Someone who has clearly missed the fact we are in the middle of a pandemic.

A pandemic that is costing jobs and livelihoods resulting in cash being squeezed. But maybe you "missed the fact".

10 minutes ago, oi oi said:

A pandemic that is costing jobs and livelihoods resulting in cash being squeezed. But maybe you "missed the fact".

Just another troll mate. Ignore! 

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sergey! 😂😂😂 how many guises just to repeat the same shite over and over again. Even the hibs fans tired of him after dates given for our demise passed time and again. 

TommyTommy - Swine flu will prevent football being played, and Hearts will go bust as a result. Almost prophetic on one part of his prediction tbf.

I know one ST holder in the Gorgie stand, a work colleague, early 60’s traditional working class, who has no internet access at all (and doesn’t want any). Gets all information about tickets from the evening newspaper or asking the people who sit beside him and people he works with. 

Gonna be one hell of a complaint at the ticket office if he’s paid £400 for Hearts tv. 

10 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

TommyTommy - Swine flu will prevent football being played, and Hearts will go bust as a result. Almost prophetic on one part of his prediction tbf.

Yeah. Talk enough shite and some of it will eventually come true (sort of) 😀

2 minutes ago, JCR said:

I know one ST holder in the Gorgie stand, a work colleague, early 60’s traditional working class, who has no internet access at all (and doesn’t want any). Gets all information about tickets from the evening newspaper or asking the people who sit beside him and people he works with. 

Gonna be one hell of a complaint at the ticket office if he’s paid £400 for Hearts tv. 

Should ask him round your gaff to watch it. I’m sure he’d be delighted. Send him a fax to let him know. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Should ask him round your gaff to watch it. I’m sure he’d be delighted. Send him a fax to let him know. 

Well I’m just saying he exists. People with that level of technophobia are out there. Though at this point god knows if the matches happen. 

Just now, JCR said:

Well I’m just saying he exists. People with that level of technophobia are out there. Though at this point god knows if the matches happen. 

I was a bit mean in my last post. I do feel sorry for the older guys who aren’t  internet savvy. Sorry. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

----

Last year I got a colleague who also works at the club into trouble by posting a screenshot of a message he sent me, I had scrubbed out the name but somehow they made the connection. I will leave it up the members to work out how this was possible. I got the post taken down, I also asked to speak to my colleagues boss as he doesn’t tell me what to do, as a customer/shareholder/FoH member.  

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A fax 😀, remember we had a fax machine in the flour mill, cant mind it ever being used.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

A fax 😀, remember we had a fax machine in the flour mill, cant mind it ever being used.

😂 cutting edge at one point. I remember before the ones on A4 paper they had the ones that used a big roll of, what loooked like, shiny toilet paper. 

Gorgie Boot boy
6 hours ago, frankblack said:

My point is proven.  You won't even look up a dictionary to check if you have the correct meaning for what you posted.  I'll save you the time - you didn't.

I won't even go look?.  I should watch my words with you. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 cutting edge at one point. I remember before the ones on A4 paper they had the ones that used a big roll of, what loooked like, shiny toilet paper. 

Thermal paper.

46 minutes ago, oi oi said:

A pandemic that we were in the middle of and the consequences were evident when season tickets went on sale.

I paid my platinum ticket fully aware I might attend no football.

5 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I won't even go look?.  I should watch my words with you. 

I'd re-read your original post first to understand your mistake.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I'd re-read your original post first to understand your mistake.

I have had two warnings here, watching my words means i will call you nothing and send you nowhere.

28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

:lol: :lol: 

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Last year I got a colleague who also works at the club into trouble by posting a screenshot of a message he sent me, I had scrubbed out the name but somehow they made the connection. I will leave it up the members to work out how this was possible. I got the post taken down, I also asked to speak to my colleagues boss as he doesn’t tell me what to do, as a customer/shareholder/FoH member.  

Nobody seems to tell you what to do. 😄

21 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It would, costs about £100 to raise an action iirc.  You would need to have been refused a refund first though. 

Still wouldn't cost "a fair bit" though and would be worth it to get a grand back that's been conned out of you. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Nobody seems to tell you what to do. 😄

Glad you’ve finally noticed, especially those with an inflated ego/opinion whose wages I help to pay. Any thoughts on how a club employ would know who I am through my Kickback handle?

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Glad you’ve finally noticed, especially those with an inflated ego/opinion whose wages I help to pay. Any thoughts on how a club employ would know who I am through my Kickback handle?

Did your friend tell you to post it? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

:jjyay:

Popcorn time.

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Is your surname Pasquale?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Can feel the tension. 😀

Can of worms opening :rofl:

Interesting question from Pasquale though. Deep on the baseline, awkward to return.