All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Dagger Is Back
43 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

if you step back and analyse value for money, football is not good at all. Walk up dad & son (concession) to watch an average game -  around £35? cinema tickets for Dad & son -  20 quid ish? Both give 90 mins entertainment. One with a comfy seat and almost zero risk of a vein popping, spittle spraying maniac next to you :)

You been to the Odeon at Westside Plaza?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

14/05 - announcement about MacPhee and CL leaving. 

15/05 - season tickets announced with guarantee pledge. 

They did all they can to ensure as many signed up as possible. Apparently “ensure supporters get the full value of their season ticket”. How is me paying for a season ticket to then have access to a stream which is more expensive than a one off game payment, full value of my ticket?

So out of touch with the fans, as usual I’m afraid. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

I think what they are saying is that the streaming being proposed has to be of professional broadcast quality.

Okey cokey.

Can they go another step and get some professional commentators? ;)

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

No I haven't yet but I will. Waiting on an official statement from the club before making a decision as I can tell you now I wouldn't have bought 4 season tickets for the 1 household if I knew I'd be paying for an online stream only (like many others)

Now if folk want to have a go at me for looking for a refund I genuinely could not give a ****. If they can afford to just gift Hearts over a grand for nothing then fair ****s to them but I've given Hearts enough of my money over the years.

Myname is on the FoH shirt and I still contribute to them every month but this is the biggest con I've seen from the club and I did not think th dynamic pricing fiasco could ever be topped. 

No disagreements from me. I feel ripped off. I get that these are unprecedented times, but that doesn’t mean I’m prepared to shell out £450 per ST to watch a crappy stream on a laptop. Maybe the club shouldn’t have squandered millions over the last few years and they wouldn’t then feel the need to now rip off the fans.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Probably selling tickets to watch Hearts training at the oriam. 

Don’t give them ideas.
I know they’re only opening a few days a week, can’t be much to do really. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

No I haven't yet but I will. Waiting on an official statement from the club before making a decision as I can tell you now I wouldn't have bought 4 season tickets for the 1 household if I knew I'd be paying for an online stream only (like many others)

Now if folk want to have a go at me for looking for a refund I genuinely could not give a ****. If they can afford to just gift Hearts over a grand for nothing then fair ****s to them but I've given Hearts enough of my money over the years.

Myname is on the FoH shirt and I still contribute to them every month but this is the biggest con I've seen from the club and I did not think th dynamic pricing fiasco could ever be topped. 

You’re well within your rights to be angry. 

If they had added something like the bit in bold then no-one could really have any complaints about being misled - sadly they didn’t. 

‘If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games ( either online via streaming or in person at Tynecastle ) then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability.‘

I paid for 4 season tickets out of loyalty and knew it unlikely that they would be great value. The club is struggling to survive and need all the income that they can get without impacting on next season if we simply roll credits over. I don't feel conned in the slightest and I am surprised at fans looking for refunds that Hearts can ill afford but I appreciate others have different expectations and circumstances. 

23 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Got my season ticket, I’ll get access to watch Hearts. Didn’t think I was going to be able to do that this season. Delighted. I’m paying a lot more than £17 a pop though. Happy to do it.

Happy trolling though.

No complaints from me.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt the club will stream them in the UK if Premier have the rights. 

Although not normally part of the season ticket, the announcement did say all home games. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If they had added something like the bit in bold then no-one could really have any complaints about being misled - sadly they didn’t. 

‘If season 20/21 cannot offer supporters access to a full complement of 18 home games ( either online via streaming or in person at Tynecastle ) then fans who renew their season ticket for the following season will be credited with the value of the outstanding number of matches for season 21/22. Those who chose not to renew their season ticket will be offered the relevant number of match tickets for season 21/22. These tickets will be subject to availability.‘

Spot on. We can all draw our own conclusion as to why they didn’t add something like this!

Selkirkhmfc1874

As i said earlier in the thread i don't have a problem with this but now this been confirmed i can't see is selling many more season tickets as the season draws near

Blackford Hearts

Happy to get the option to watch live streams. This season for me was a donation, but understand others will feel aggrieved. 

Does anyone know if you can livestream on a smart tv, and if so how do you do so? 

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think the bit in bold highlights where the divide is on this. Those that do have other, more pressing concerns are probably annoyed by it. Those whose only concern is the survival of a football during a global pandemic, job losses and financial hardship probably don't see an issue with it.

I don't think that's true. I want to see the survival of the football club but do have an issue with it.

Collectively, we've literally pumped millions of pounds into the football club to make sure it does survive.

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly this.

The club are now jumping through hoops to try and make out that we've "misunderstood" their ST Guarantee. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Edited by iainmac

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It really is that simple.

And given that they knew the landscape as well as everyone else in May, it’s an absolutely dreadful omission to have made.

That they’re now trying to pretend the guarantee was something else altogether is just the cherry on the turd.

King Of The Cat Cafe
Just now, iainmac said:

I don't think that's true. I want to see the survival of the football club but do have an issue with it.

Collectively, we've literally pumped millions of pounds into the football club to make sure it does survive.

Sometimes I wonder if other supporters admire our commitment to our club or laugh at our naivety at continually chucking out good money... 

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Is it your only concern currently though?

I think we all want to see the survival of the football club. It's not most people's only concern though, imo of course, maybe it is 

Hearts have somewhat redeemed themselves IMO with the statement via Evening News, but why not just tell the fans directly?

It's a reasonable position to take and realistically there's no other option that doesn't amount to financial ruin for the club, and 99% of fans will understand that, but they should have put their hands up yesterday and said directly to the fans what they've said to Barry Anderson today.

These are really basic comms mistakes

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, iainmac said:

And had extremely little in return. 

2 hours ago, iainmac said:

I've paid my money and I won't be asking for a refund but that doesn't mean I'm happy with it, or even the way the club has handled the communication.

Just forget this was Hearts for a minute and transpose this Corporate behaviour to any other sector. Their customers would be outraged.

It’s  not though is it. It’s hearts,  not a corporate business for me. It’s my first love, it’s my family connection to my son, it’s my time away from a tough job. I get yer point but, for me,

It’s not comparable. They could make me sit in a pile of shite with a telly and I’d be happy with what I’ve paid. Appreciate I’m fortunate just now to be able to afford it and others will be unhappy. 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

And had extremely little in return. 

I think this is what gets me annoyed more than anything to be honest. Constantly being told we need to keep donating, buying tickets, merchandise etc etc to keep the club afloat and challenging.... And we're now in the championship. Being treated as a customer rather than a supporter at times as well. There's definitely a really bad disconnect between the leadership and your average punter. Gifting St Mirren a keeper and then shafting the fans.

It honestly feels like chucking money into a black hole at times. 

Maybe I'm the idiot for continuing to chuck money though?🤔 🤣

23 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

What if you have shite/no Internet connection? 

Or the only device you could use is a 5" iPhone?

Maybe you should upgrade your tech and move your yokel ass out of Amish-land before splurging on a season ticket. :P 

1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Why is so difficult for some to understand this? SOME fans (families!) have absolutely been ripped off by the club. 

If Hearts had told us we only needed to buy 1 season ticket per household and the reasons everything would have been fine. Charge everyone the same price for their season ticket as well but zero explanation for that.

There was also a lot of hope (misguided in my opinion but hope nonetheless) that the suppression of the virus would have seen us safely back into grounds by October. Now, perhaps not at any point in decent numbers this season. 

Folk will feel ripped off , especially multiple season ticket holders in one household, no question. The club may well have had little choice but it could have been handled better, with incentives offered to soften the blow.  

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, LMc said:

I think this is what gets me annoyed more than anything to be honest. Constantly being told we need to keep donating, buying tickets, merchandise etc etc to keep the club afloat and challenging.... And we're now in the championship. Being treated as a customer rather than a supporter at times as well. There's definitely a really bad disconnect between the leadership and your average punter. Gifting St Mirren a keeper and then shafting the fans.

It honestly feels like chucking money into a black hole at times. 

Maybe I'm the idiot for continuing to chuck money though?🤔 🤣

We are all but it’s what we do, and we are taken advantage of for that. 
I think we need someone in charge who will galvanise the support, and play on the us against the world feeling the fans have just now. Hopefully the three friendlies against Partick, Falkirk and East Fife is a step in that direction. Alienating the fans is not a good idea, unfortunately it’s happened a few times now. 

If Hearts had been up front about what was on offer from the beginning they'd have still got strong sales, I know I still would have renewed despite knowing the value for money wasn't going to be there.

As a support base we have shown time after time that we'll back the club to ridiculous lengths without asking for much in return.

What rankles is the complete lies the club published about 18 games "at Tynecastle" and "in your seat" where you'll have families buying multiple tickets where one would have sufficed or folk buying corporate packages for £1k plus a head for a stream that could have been accessed with the purchase of a single u12 season ticket. 

Can people stop saying hearts haven’t been upfront. Here are posts from July where I thought streaming will be included. I wasn’t alone so can we stop making out anything was done underhandedly. 

F372BAC7-9430-431D-B683-6ADBC0A77B37.thumb.png.0ae3b27543d0f47fb8a9d0d3191b9ca7.png

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Not the point. 

Is to me. I have no interest in watching other football clubs unless they are playing Hearts.

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Can people stop saying hearts haven’t been upfront. Here are posts from July where I thought streaming will be included. I wasn’t alone so can we stop making out anything was done underhandedly. 

F372BAC7-9430-431D-B683-6ADBC0A77B37.thumb.png.0ae3b27543d0f47fb8a9d0d3191b9ca7.png

It's fine you saying this but did Hearts say this? No. And that's why folk aren't happy. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Thank You for showing common sense .  I would like to ask you a question.  When you renewed your season ticket, did you do so in the knowledge that you may not get to watch the side playing in any ground this year. Did you think to read the Guarantee Terms conditions ? I think that you probably have the money put on Hearts every year as that is how it is.

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

It's fine you saying this but did Hearts say this? No. And that's why folk aren't happy. 

Maybe they are unhappy because they didn’t understand the word access and looking to blame. Not sure how anyone expected the club to function without season ticket money. 

22 hours ago, AndyNic said:

"it guarantees you 18 games at Tynecastle Park"

How can you read that any other way than it guarantees you being able to watch 18 games physically at Tynecastle Park? 

If it meant anything else it wouldn't have said "at Tynecastle Park".

LWatching the games on a laptop isn't being at Tynecastle Park. It's being in your house or on the bus watching the game taking place at Tynecastle Park. Not being at Tynecastle Park. 

Surely that's clear cut?

You could take that to mean "18 games which are at Tynecastle Park" - it's ambiguous

Edited by BRY

5 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Is to me. I have no interest in watching other football clubs unless they are playing Hearts.

Aye, me either, but it was an example of what you can expect to pay to watch a game of football. £25 would be ridiculous. 

jambo-in-furness
45 minutes ago, Blackford Hearts said:

Happy to get the option to watch live streams. This season for me was a donation, but understand others will feel aggrieved. 

Does anyone know if you can livestream on a smart tv, and if so how do you do so? 

I went onto the internet app,  searched for  heartstv,heartsfc  and logged on with my details,  it came on ok and was able to watch some footage,  but god only knows what it will be like live-streaming.

Full disclosure that I don't have ST these days so it doesn't affect me personally tbh but really poor from Hearts. 

As mentioned if they'd just been up front and said something like "A global pandemic means unprecedented times and we'd love to have everyone back at Tynecastle ASAP but until that is possible then any live streams will be included in the season ticket" I think the vast majority wouldn't be excited but would accept the club needs money and pay it.

The guarantee just stinks of at best a shitshow of organisation and at worst outright deception.  

Just now, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Thank You for showing common sense .  I would like to ask you a question.  When you renewed your season ticket, did you do so in the knowledge that you may not get to watch the side playing in any ground this year. Did you think to read the Guarantee Terms conditions ? I think that you probably have the money put on Hearts every year as that is how it is.

I did.  It didn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the pandemic would affect mass gatherings up to the end of the year and potentially beyond.

The question people need to ask is do they want Hearts to have funds to invest in players to get us back to the premiership or wallow in the Championship for a couple of years with a truly shit squad left by Levein and co?

2 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

I renewed to help the club and to keep my seats for when we get back to the premiership. I read the guarantee and assumed it would include streamed games. 

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, me either, but it was an example of what you can expect to pay to watch a game of football. £25 would be ridiculous. 

You don’t get the knowledge that you have kept your club afloat though. Instead you have just put more money in the pockets of the EPL. So there’s that difference, I suppose? 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

I expect that anyone who asks for a refund will end up being given one in full or in part (covering just the games that are missed). I expect that the club will see that from a consumer rights point of view they don't have a leg to stand on.

I offered a solution pages ago.

The first solution would obviously have been not to offer a new guarantee that the club didn't know they would be able to afford. As it turns out they aren't able to afford to honour the guarantee. That is an awful commercial decision. It is truly bizarre that some posters seem to want to blame season ticket holders for the fact the club made this mistake. Apparently easier to claim those that are unhappy never say anything positive about the club or have some secret agenda.

Having made the original mistake, the solution would have been to email all season ticket holders with a message along the line of:

"We've made a mistake. We misjudged the pandemic and that has resulted in us making a promise to you that we can't now afford to keep. We're sorry. We are now asking you to understand the challenging financial position the club is in and accept streaming of games held behind closed doors in lieu of being able to attend games. We appreciate this is not as good as being at the game. We hope that yet again the supporters will go above and beyond to back the club financially through tough times. We are looking in to what additional benefit we can offer to those who are able to stick with us. However, we do understand that these are tough times for everyone and if you don't feel able to accept streaming as a replacement for attendance at games, please contact us to arrange a full refund on your season ticket."

An open, honest and transparent message to supporters that acknowledged fault would have gone a long with to placating season ticket holders and would have really reduced the level of anger. Rather than feeling misled, supporters would have felt respected. I think the level of fans wanting a refund would have been really low. Instead angry fans are more likely to demand refunds which legally the club are likely to have to pay out on and even many other fans who won't demand a refund will still have lost some goodwill towards the club. For my part, I've gone from assuming that I'll write off any outstanding game credits at the end of the season and pay full price for next year's ticket and now thinking I'll probably use the credits. That loss of good will costs the club £100 straight off. Multiple that by even a few hundred fans and it is a totally avoidable but significant financial hit.

:spoton:

Couldn't have summed up the whole issue any better.

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

You don’t get the knowledge that you have kept your club afloat though. Instead you have just put more money in the pockets of the EPL. So there’s that difference, I suppose? 🤷‍♂️

Might as well make it 50 quid then eh? 

:vrface:

4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Might as well make it 50 quid then eh? 

:vrface:

“Not the point”. :) 

Edited by Beast Boy

6 minutes ago, BRY said:

You could take that to mean "18 games which are at Tynecastle Park" - it's ambiguous

I certainly too that as being 18 home games to attend at Tynecastle Park, but I agree it is ambiguous. Never once crossed my mind that Hearts would mislead us. I’m certainly very unhappy at paying Platinum prices for an online stream.

Need to think about what I want to do next. But a refund is certainly under consideration.

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I did.  It didn't take a rocket scientist to work out that the pandemic would affect mass gatherings up to the end of the year and potentially beyond.

The question people need to ask is do they want Hearts to have funds to invest in players to get us back to the premiership or wallow in the Championship for a couple of years with a truly shit squad left by Levein and co?

I joined the forum a few days ago, have read a lot on the topic. I have made comments regarding the issues Jambos have. The lads and lassies are up in the air and feel some type of con has occurred. Covid 19 has done a lot of damage people bypass the restriction part and ladle in anyway. Shit stirring plays a major part in it all. Hearts will sort it out, these are unprecedented times when anything can happen and football goes into hibernation again. We missed an opportunity to hand in our membership of the League in protest.  W e could be taking our fight around the world , play friendlies exibitions. Our recent form in the league has been terrible, had a couple of great starts and the slippery slope appeared. Bar a few games last season where we threw away games and of course points, we beat Rangers and the panty sniffers. We do have a chance to knock out the panty sniffers and go on and win the Cup, end the tramps chances of a treble and also ram it up the arses of those against Sporting Integrity.Would set us up nicely for the future. Is a bit of a rant.If i was head of footballing arts  I would spend what it takes and more if i could to get us challenging for every honor out there. Thanks for the reply.

There’s other things the club could do to try and make amends. How about offering things to ST holders that used to be the norm, such as free entry for ST holders to home friendlies and cup games, for the next 5 years for example. Limit it to those ST holders from this season who renew in each of next 5 years. Spreads the cost hit to the club over a few years, and might stem the tide of refund requests. Still not sure it would be enough to satisfy me though.

Stuart McNeill

This is a very poor show from Hearts as we've bought 3 season tickets but due to current restrictions, we'd be unable to come together and view the game. 

Our dad doesn't even have a laptop to watch the game. So what's he expected to do? 

1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

There’s other things the club could do to try and make amends. How about offering things to ST holders that used to be the norm, such as free entry for ST holders to home friendlies and cup games, for the next 5 years for example. Limit it to those ST holders from this season who renew in each of next 5 years. Spreads the cost hit to the club over a few years, and might stem the tide of refund requests. Still not sure it would be enough to satisfy me though.

I think people hoping for refunds are going to find themselves disappointed.

If the matches take place and Hearts offered a means to watch them then I don't think you have a leg to stand on.