All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t really know what people expect.

We are in completely unchartered territory - as fans our main aim should be the survival of the club, not trying to get money back from the club.

To be honest if you couldn’t afford a season ticket this year - you shouldn’t have bought one. If you could afford it, you should leave it and calm down.

I have trebled my FOH payments. I meant to double them but made a mistake. I have kept the trebled amount.

We need to get through the next year - we need to stick together and stop dicking about and understand that no one can predict the ups and downs of this effing virus.

Trebling your FOH payments (albeit a mistake)  was your choice. 

Who chose to pay  £32 (and various other amounts)  to watch a stream in your house? 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We are in completely unchartered territory - as fans our main aim should be the survival of the club, not trying to get money back from the club.

To be honest if you couldn’t afford a season ticket this year - you shouldn’t have bought one. If you could afford it, you should leave it and calm down.

I have trebled my FOH payments. I meant to double them but made a mistake. I have kept the trebled amount.

We need to get through the next year - we need to stick together and stop dicking about and understand that no one can predict the ups and downs of this effing virus.

you went from £10 to £30 too didn’t you

The system is a bit ambiguous to be fair, not your mistake 

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Bang on, if the club released a statement tomorrow saying they were going bust everyone would be clambering to empty their pockets to save it. Yes the club could have communicated better but without season ticket money this season we would be royally screwed financially. 

10 hours ago, tamanov said:

When I purchased my season ticket I was under no illusion that I would not see all of our home games this season and there was (and still is) a real possibility I won’t see any.

I bought my ticket to support the club. 

This pandemic is far from over and the situation seems to change daily, as does government advice and guidelines, yet people are up in arms about a statement the club made ages ago based on information available to them at the time. 

If paying my season ticket money, FOH contributions and buying products online is helping the club to put a team on the park then I will be doing the same next season and beyond. 

If the safest option available is to stream games so I can watch the team without putting myself, my family or anyone else at risk then that’s fine by me. I am counting the days till I can watch us play Partick Thistle!!

I am as desperate as any fan to get back to having a few pre match beers, then walking into Tynecastle, but these are unprecedented times.
If anyone genuinely feels that during all this turmoil the club deliberately duped them into buying a season ticket then ask for a refund, you are entitled to your opinion that is your right. 
I have much greater faith in the club than that. 

This

8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It's really simple, people want to be treated with respect and honesty. Hiding behind the small print makes the club look cheap and nasty, the communication with their key customers is appalling. One shocking decision after another tends to try people's patience to the point where it breaks. 

49 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yep it was only the football department that was successful after all.

Which had absolutely nothing to do with the auld relics on the board.

They slowly but surely sold off all the best players for well below value.

Boards of directors back then did actually run the club like a bowling club committee. 

14 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think the problem is to many people thought they would get next season virtually for  free 😳 and bought in to the idea that they could have the best if both worlds 🤔 people have got greedy and want it all, although deep down they actually knew that wasn’t possible, although in fairness Hearts wording didn’t help 😣 let’s be really honest did we think that we would be watching all 14 games inside Tynecastle 😬 I will be happy if Hearts even get to play their first championship game 👍🏻

It never occurred to me that there wouldn't be some games where my ST would be used to access a stream to view the match. 

Back when the ST were marketed people were hopeful of being able to attend in person for the majority of games but that now looks unlikely. 

I agree that the wording on the advert is not precise enough but apart from folks with multiple tickets at the same address nobody is losing out everyone will see the games. 

There is of course the possibility of NO games in the Championship if the upward trend of Covid cases continues. 

It's sad that so many are turning on the club at this difficult time. To think a few weeks ago we were lauding our fans as among the best in the business 😕

39 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

I think the problem is to many people thought they would get next season virtually for  free 😳 and bought in to the idea that they could have the best if both worlds 🤔 people have got greedy and want it all, although deep down they actually knew that wasn’t possible, although in fairness Hearts wording didn’t help 😣 let’s be really honest did we think that we would be watching all 14 games inside Tynecastle 😬 I will be happy if Hearts even get to play their first championship game 👍🏻

👏

Austin MacGlee

Bought my ST fully expecting to be watching from home via stream and was more than happy to support the club as I do every year. 

Bought my ST when I was in full time employment and being paid well for it.

Currently in the process of being made redundant and worrying about being unemployed in the current climate.

The thing pissing me off is the remaining 4 games I've been "guaranteed" but can only get them credited if I renew. I likely won't be able to afford to renew next season so in this respect I feel really let down by Hearts. They guaranteed 18 home games with the purchase of THIS ST, no mention of it being across two different seasons and STs.

Sorry if this has been covered already, I might have missed clarification/discussion on it because I cba reading the whole thread.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Bought my ST fully expecting to be watching from home via stream and was more than happy to support the club as I do every year. 

Currently in the process of being made redundant and worrying about being unemployed in the current climate.

The thing pissing me off is the remaining 4 games I've been "guaranteed" but can only get them credited if I renew. I likely won't be able to afford to renew next season so in this respect I feel really let down by Hearts. They guaranteed 18 home games with the purchase of THIS ST, no mention of it being across two different seasons and STs.

Sorry if this has been covered already, I might have missed clarification/discussion on it because I cba reading the whole thread.

When it was made known we were only playing 14 home games they said the 4 will be credited against next season STs cost. If you don’t renew you will be given 4 tickets for games in season 21/22. Not ideal. 

Blackford Hearts
10 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I went onto the internet app,  searched for  heartstv,heartsfc  and logged on with my details,  it came on ok and was able to watch some footage,  but god only knows what it will be like live-streaming.

Thank you. That seems fairly easy. I’ll take my chances on the connection, along with 11,500 others 

5 hours ago, credit card said:

Bar the multiple tickets per households, seriously we have some tossers claiming to be fans. Embarrasing. Away and support the vermin.

I think if they are buying season tickets, they probably are fans, not just claiming to be fans.  

7 hours ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

you went from £10 to £30 too didn’t you

The system is a bit ambiguous to be fair, not your mistake 

😀

16 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I went onto the internet app,  searched for  heartstv,heartsfc  and logged on with my details,  it came on ok and was able to watch some footage,  but god only knows what it will be like live-streaming.

Which details did you enter?  Did you need to set up an account on Hearts TV?

7 hours ago, tynietigers said:

Wrong. I think most people thought they would get what they paid for. A seat in the stand. Nothing more, nothing less. There are lots of so called experts on here saying that we were never going to get back inside Tynecastle by October, but if you look back even the real experts were unsure as to what would happen in the long term. Scottish football took what was at the time a not unreasonable guess at the timescales. Hearts made commitments based on that. It was never, ever, a case of supporters looking for something for nothing. 

9 hours ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Provide evidence and i will reply to you.

My point is proven.  You won't even look up a dictionary to check if you have the correct meaning for what you posted.  I'll save you the time - you didn't.

Jambof3tornado
8 hours ago, iainmac said:

Trebling your FOH payments (albeit a mistake)  was your choice. 

Who chose to pay  £32 (and various other amounts)  to watch a stream in your house? 

This!!!

The club has messed up badly here, yet some people cannot admit it.

Austin MacGlee
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

When it was made known we were only playing 14 home games they said the 4 will be credited against next season STs cost. If you don’t renew you will be given 4 tickets for games in season 21/22. Not ideal. 

So still get 4 games that were guaranteed? Can't complain then. Thanks for that, don't know how I missed that 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Wrong. I think most people thought they would get what they paid for. A seat in the stand. Nothing more, nothing less. There are lots of so called experts on here saying that we were never going to get back inside Tynecastle by October, but if you look back even the real experts were unsure as to what would happen in the long term. Scottish football took what was at the time a not unreasonable guess at the timescales. Hearts made commitments based on that. It was never, ever, a case of supporters looking for something for nothing. 

Complete nonsense.

Anyone who thought they would get a season of home games with admittance to Tynecastle isn't the sharpest tool in the box.  The best anyone will get back from Hearts if they complain is some vouchers for the club shop.

Any potential games by October were based on a vaccine being ready and widely available by September as the Governments set targets.  That has slipped to sometime next year.

You better get yourself a lawyer if you think you are entitled to more.

1 minute ago, Austin MacGlee said:

So still get 4 games that were guaranteed? Can't complain then. Thanks for that, don't know how I missed that 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, you get 4 individual match tickets according to what I read. 

11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This!!!

The only mistake I think the club have made is giving the same "product" to all ST holders regardless of how much their ST cost. I expect they will realize this and correct it in some way

8 hours ago, tynietigers said:

Absolute nonsense! That post is quite offensive considering how much money the Hearts fans give the club on a regular basis. I think most probably accept their season ticket money was in part a donation and would be willing to write it off. They just aren't happy with the disingenuous manner in which the club have acted. I.e. offering an 18 match guarantee and then changing it to a live stream without any mention of the previous guarantee. Then rather than offering a proper, transparent explanation, a 'spokesman' provides a half arsed response in the EEN. Very poor. 

I would guess the % of Hearts fans that wanted next season for free is extremely low. Most I know take pride in supporting the club financially and would accept not giving any ST money next season would have a massive detrimental impact.   

Edited by Carl Weathers

7 hours ago, Austin MacGlee said:

They made it clear at the time that it would be over two seasons if we had to play a reduced campaign this season, so you definitely can't have any complaints in that regard.

Edited by Sooperstar

11 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The only mistake I think the club have made is giving the same "product" to all ST holders regardless of how much their ST cost. I expect they will realize this and correct it in some way

What way could they correct it?

10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think multi tickets from the same household may also be looked at. Not sure how they correct that though. 

Might have picked this up wrong amidst all the carnage, but are season ticket holders being guaranteed 4 extra match tickets on top of their season ticket if they buy one next season?

Austin MacGlee
38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yeah, you get 4 individual match tickets according to what I read. 

Cheers Dave. I don't know how I missed that, I'm usually quite sharp. 

I'm just dying to see some football that matters to me. It's been a brutal 6 months without Hearts. 

Unfortunately for me, my partner is a Hibs season ticket holder so I've been pissing off out fishing when he's had the games on. What I have seen though, the streaming looks really decent, can just login through your smart TV or any device that has internet enabled. I assume ours will follow the same model that the rest of the clubs have so I reckon people will be pretty happy with what we get.

3 minutes ago, Austin MacGlee said:

Cheers Dave. I don't know how I missed that, I'm usually quite sharp. 

I'm just dying to see some football that matters to me. It's been a brutal 6 months without Hearts. 

Unfortunately for me, my partner is a Hibs season ticket holder so I've been pissing off out fishing when he's had the games on. What I have seen though, the streaming looks really decent, can just login through your smart TV or any device that has internet enabled. I assume ours will follow the same model that the rest of the clubs have so I reckon people will be pretty happy with what we get.

Having Hearts playing again is one more step back to some sort of normal life for me. A lot of the stuff I do has been negatively impacted by Covid restrictions. 

So what else can Hearts do 🤔 they can’t get fans in so all these people that feel they have been fooled, do they now want money back. I get that some tickets cost more than others and a whole household might have season tickets, ( I have 3 ) but we all bought into supporting Hearts. Most of us bought tickets knowing we were getting only 14 games at home and thought we are getting a bargain because next season we get a cheeky 4 games free. But deep down did people really think we would have a packed Tynecastle 😳 we all new they predicted a second wave by October, so for me Hearts have come up with the next best thing, it might not be ideal but for me seeing Hearts play will put a smile on my face ☺️ but I have a feeling we might even see a match 😬 I hope not but then do people want next season for free, because if that is the case you might as well shut the doors.

Austin MacGlee
Just now, davemclaren said:

Having Hearts playing again is one more step back to some sort of normal life for me. A lot of the stuff I do has been negatively impacted by Covid restrictions. 

Same here, I don't care how or where I see Hearts as long as I can watch them play.

Hope things get better for you, and everyone.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Complete nonsense.

Anyone who thought they would get a season of home games with admittance to Tynecastle isn't the sharpest tool in the box.  The best anyone will get back from Hearts if they complain is some vouchers for the club shop.

Any potential games by October were based on a vaccine being ready and widely available by September as the Governments set targets.  That has slipped to sometime next year.

I guess Ann Budge isn’t the sharpest tool in the box then, given the guarantee was based on fans attending the games, since we had no idea we could or would be streaming all home games in the UK, and it was merely given as we did not know what league we would be playing and or how many games would be played.  

The guarantee should not have been given, or as others have said, specified that if any games were streamed, it would count towards the guarantee.  

To now make out this is what they meant all along is dishonest.  It would be much better to acknowledge they got it wrong.  If they done that, I actually think more people would understand.  

For what it’s worth, I will not be complaining or asking for a refund.     If it was any other company, the. I may have taken a different tact. 

Edited by Paolo

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

If you feel that you have been misled, you are a bad fan.

If you feel that you have been ripped off, you are a bad fan.

If you ask for a refund because of this, you are a bad fan.

If you complain at all, you are a bad fan.

It's this sort of thinking that creates the 'holier than thou' opinion Old Firm fans have of their own teams. If you love your club so much, hold it to account when it makes mistakes.

6 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I guess Ann Budge isn’t the sharpest tool in the box then, given the guarantee was based on fans attending the games, since we had no idea we could or would be streaming all home games in the UK, and it was merely given as we did not know what league we would be playing and or how many games would be played.  

The guarantee should not have been given, or as others have said, specified that if any games were streamed, it would count towards the guarantee.  

To now make out this is what they meant all along is dishonest.  It would be much better to acknowledge they got it wrong.  If they done that, I actually think more people would understand.  

For what it’s worth, I will not be complaining or asking for a refund.     If it was any other company, the. I may have taken a different tact. 

Its got sod all to do with any guarantee.  The situation we are in now was entirely predictable, and our drop in season ticket sales from previous years will largely be down to those who didn't want to pay for games they can't go to.

What this comes down to is that people took a gamble, and the gamble didn't pay off.  Deal with it.

NaturalOrder74
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its got sod all to do with any guarantee.  The situation we are in now was entirely predictable, and our drop in season ticket sales from previous years will largely be down to those who didn't want to pay for games they can't go to.

What this comes down to is that people took a gamble, and the gamble didn't pay off.  Deal with it.

I wouldn’t even go that far to be honest, I’d probably say the gamble hasn’t paid off if I don’t get to go to any games this season, but was fully expecting to not be able to attend some at the start, I’m still getting to watch hearts online and that’s usually challenging to get a stream for so I’d say that’s pretty much exactly where my expectations were when I paid for my season ticket 

letsalllaughathobos
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Took a gamble, away you go you balloon, 

The season tickets where not sold on a gamble, 

Yes folk may not get anything back but the longer term effect to the club will be worse, 

Folk will walk away from club, 

I have 5 season tickets in 1 household I certainly didn't think it was a gamble after being told we will guarantee you 18 games at tynecastle, 

These 5 won't be renewed again until Ann is away, 

41 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Complete nonsense.

Thanks for your advise. 

In my simple mind, the position is quite straightforward. Hearts sold customers a season ticket for a specific seat. In doing so it was for the purpose of attending Tynecastle Park on matchdays. In addition to this it assured those customer that the season ticket is valid for 18 matches. When you buy goods or services and the seller is not in a position to deliver what it promises, and  promises form part of the contract, it requires to either provide a refund or contact the purchaser offering alternatives. As matters stand Hearts, as it required to do if it wishes streamed matches to contribute to the 18 match total, has not written to season ticket holders individually advising of the alternative arrangements, asking if this is acceptable and offering options. I await this with interest. Do I want vouchers for the club shop; no. Do I think club shop vouchers are an acceptable remedy; no. Do I need to get a lawyer; no.

Any thoughts how we'll access the games?

Will it be via club account number (which I do know) or is there a separate ST number (which I don't!)?

17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Gouging away at fellow fans again Frank, I've not seen you this aggressive since your rabid defence of Craig Levein in the spring of 2019. 

Does it hurt so much to accept that other people have opinions and the club may not have acted well here? 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This!!!

What would people like the club to do to fix this misunderstanding ?

Any suggestions ? 

Dennis Reynolds
26 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It's got everything to do with the guarantee. That literally makes it not a gamble 🤣 

33 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I am ‘dealing’ with it by not asking for a refund, and by watching the games, but saying Hearts are wrong whilst doing so, because they are. I will tolerate it, though, because it is Hearts.  

18 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

Took a gamble, away you go you balloon, 

The season tickets where not sold on a gamble, 

Yes folk may not get anything back but the longer term effect to the club will be worse, 

Folk will walk away from club, 

I have 5 season tickets in 1 household I certainly didn't think it was a gamble after being told we will guarantee you 18 games at tynecastle, 

These 5 won't be renewed again until Ann is away, 

:cornette_dog:

Someone who has clearly missed the fact we are in the middle of a pandemic.

8 minutes ago, LMc said:

It's got everything to do with the guarantee. That literally makes it not a gamble 🤣 

Bollocks.

I bet 95% moaning never read it.

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What would people like the club to do to fix this misunderstanding ?

Any suggestions ? 

The club should Apologise and offer refunds to those that want. I get it’s a bad situation but trust and integrity is everything. Doing the right thing is paramount. I wouldn’t imagine the take up for refunds would be high (from a personal perspective I don’t want a refund). Those is a worse off situation may do but it’s totally their prerogative and they should be made aware of this! These are tough times for the club, but also for many families! This should not be forgotten. 

Trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes that watching on a stream was always part of the guarantee is an insult to the supporters and goes back on the original pledge. Whilst I get the parameters have changed, an apology and explanation is the least we deserve!

15 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Gouging away at fellow fans again Frank, I've not seen you this aggressive since your rabid defence of Craig Levein in the spring of 2019. 

Does it hurt so much to accept that other people have opinions and the club may not have acted well here? 

Oh dear.  It seems I've hurt your feelings.  Man up, and deal with the fact we are in with the pandemic and everythign in everyday life is fluid and subject to change.

I am neither defending nor attacking Hearts on this.  I'm just pointing out that some have been too short sighted to see this coming, despite being in lockdown with football shut down and us in a legal battle when season tickets went on sale.

Nobody reads the small print when they buy season tickets, but anyone with common sense watching the news could have predicted we would be playing at least part of this season behind closed doors.

I am sure Hearts will make some gesture to fans but very much doubt it will be refunds.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Complete nonsense.

The Championship doesn't start until October because it was widely expected (at the time) that fans would be back in the stadium by that time and it was well understood that the Championship couldn't afford to play BCD. The situation has obviously changed but so has the product that the club has sold us.

Club Vouchers? Lawyer for a refund?

I'm not interested ina  refund but posts like yours might drive some people to ask for one just to prove you wrong.

Have a look at Consumer Rights Act 2015

PRODUCT QUALITY - WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT?

• As described  The goods supplied must match any description given to you, or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase.

Edited by iainmac

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Might have picked this up wrong amidst all the carnage, but are season ticket holders being guaranteed 4 extra match tickets on top of their season ticket if they buy one next season?

No, for your ST next season you'll essentially pay 15/19ths of the price (assuming in Premier) So £400 ST becomes £315.79 etc.

If you choose not to renew your ST next season you will get 4 single match tickets for next season's games, subject to individual match availability

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

The Championship doesn't start until October because it was widely expected (at the time) that fans would be back in the stadium by that time and it was well understood that the Championship couldn't afford to play BCD. The situation has obviously changed but so has the product that the club has sold us.

Club Vouchers? Lawyer for a refund?

I'm not interested ina  refund but posts like yours might drive some people to ask for one just to prove you wrong.

Have a look at Consumer Rights Act 2015

PRODUCT QUALITY - WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT?

• As described  The goods supplied must match any description given to you, or any models or samples shown to you at the time of purchase.

I guess a lot will depend on a judge’s interpretation of access to games at Tynecastle. A judge certainly wouldn’t just be looking at the headline or how much he would be saving next year.