All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Glad you’ve finally noticed, especially those with an inflated ego/opinion whose wages I help to pay. Any thoughts on how a club employ would know who I am through my Kickback handle?

No idea. Though your place of employment seems well known. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Can of worms opening :rofl:

Interesting question from Pasquale though. Deep on the baseline, awkward to return.

Returns it with a cheeky lob. Pasquale running towards the net now. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I also asked to speak to my colleagues boss as he doesn’t tell me what to do, as a customer/shareholder/FoH member.  

:rofl: 

I’m sorry to bother you again boss about my indiscretion the other day but the guy who posted it now wants a word with you. 

:rofl: 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea. Though your place of employment seems well known. 

Not back then it wasn’t, it was about Uche in 2018, interesting connection to make minutes after I posted it 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Not back then it wasn’t, it was about Uche in 2018, interesting connection to make minutes after I posted it 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔

That’s because I’m currently sitting in it. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤔🍺 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

That’s because I’m currently sitting in it. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤔🍺 

Glad I’m off today 😱😜

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Glad I’m off today 😱😜

On a serious note, revealing such information would be a breach of the data protection act, none of the admins or mods are on Hearts payroll ( that I know about ) and the only personal info we have is your email address. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are you the works slaver as well as a respected JKB one ?

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

On a serious note, revealing such information would be a breach of the data protection act, none of the admins or mods are on Hearts payroll ( that I know about ) and the only personal info we have is your email address. 

I’ve always wondered about it, don’t want to get my mate in bother so just have to skirt extremely carefully around anything he tells me, which isn’t much. I felt bad for getting him in trouble obviously. 

Gorgie Boot boy
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No mates, or a squeaky voice 

Rules you out from being a Eubank then. Is your name Chris though ?

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Should ask him round your gaff to watch it. I’m sure he’d be delighted. Send him a fax to let him know. 

Not directly related, but this did get me thinking that Hearts could do with generating some good publicity around their streaming service. I wonder if there is something they could do with Big Hearts around helping vulnerable people access streams of the games for free.

Initially I was thinking about care homes, although this may be more tricky as I'm not if care home residents are still largely isolated in their rooms rather than sitting in common areas. How many residents would have access to the internet in their room? I don't know. But there are also those involved in the Memories project including weekly calls to over 65s who are most isolated. There are also those involved in their kinship care programme. Many of these people wouldn't normally be able to watch Hearts for either physical or financial reasons, other than games shown on BBC.

I know there is potentially a max limit on how many passes Hearts can sell (last year's season ticket number I believe?), but not clear to me that if they sell PPV that there will be significant demand given likely cost. Given the mess of cost to premium season ticket holder and multi-household season tickets they decide they can't fairly sell PPV anyway. There is also the option of speaking to the broadcasters around allowing a social community scheme like this if the max number thing is a problem. Give each club the right to give away 500 passes for social schemes through their club's charitable foundation.

7 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Not directly related, but this did get me thinking that Hearts could do with generating some good publicity around their streaming service. I wonder if there is something they could do with Big Hearts around helping vulnerable people access streams of the games for free.

Initially I was thinking about care homes, although this may be more tricky as I'm not if care home residents are still largely isolated in their rooms rather than sitting in common areas. How many residents would have access to the internet in their room? I don't know. But there are also those involved in the Memories project including weekly calls to over 65s who are most isolated. There are also those involved in their kinship care programme. Many of these people wouldn't normally be able to watch Hearts for either physical or financial reasons, other than games shown on BBC.

I know there is potentially a max limit on how many passes Hearts can sell (last year's season ticket number I believe?), but not clear to me that if they sell PPV that there will be significant demand given likely cost. Given the mess of cost to premium season ticket holder and multi-household season tickets they decide they can't fairly sell PPV anyway. There is also the option of speaking to the broadcasters around allowing a social community scheme like this if the max number thing is a problem. Give each club the right to give away 500 passes for social schemes through their club's charitable foundation.

It’s a great idea. Not sure of legalities either but definitely something clubs should look at.  

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, oi oi said:

This would be the way forward. And those who have bought upper priced season tickets would likely just buy one at a lower price.

Perhaps the club could guarantee (I know I know) that their original upper priced seat would still be reserved for when we're allowed back inside?

As an aside, was chatting to a friend of mine yesterday who is PHM and is furious about this as he's spent over £1k on season tickets. He said he's cancelled his FOH donation (I did point out this was different to cash given to the club) and is thinking about contacting his credit card company to get season ticket cash back if the club refuse refunds.

This would be on the basis that he hasn't been provided with the goods he was promised.

PR disaster if he feels like this.

Genuinely interested. How did your friend think he'd watch the online games if he was expecting a guaranteed 18 games physically at Tynecastle? Did he think he'd get free access for all the online games AND be able to see the usual number of in person games a ST gives you when crowds are back? So in other words he'd effectively get two seasons for one if no crowds are allowed back this season?

How does that work financially for Hearts? How do they fund the online stream service? Literally no club is doing that.

Edited by ToqueJambo

36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Genuinely interested. How did your friend think he'd watch the online games if he was expecting a guaranteed 18 games physically at Tynecastle? Did he think he'd get free access for all the online games AND be able to see the usual number of in person games a ST gives you when crowds are back? So in other words he'd effectively get two seasons for one if no crowds are allowed back this season?

How does that work financially for Hearts? How do they fund the online stream service? Literally no club is doing that.

I will ignore the arguments, as I have spent too much time getting involved in them.   But on the question of funding, I wonder if Hearts are looking for sponsorship of the broadcasts, and maybe adverts on the day.  I would not object to adverts.   It might not make a huge dent in the cost, but it might cover a small portion of it. 

53 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I couldn't totally understand his point either particularly as it follows the model most/all Scottish clubs have adopted so far.

His main gripe is that being platinum he is paying much more than those half a dozen rows in front of him and getting no additional benefit. That and the fact he's shelled out over a grand.

I was more trying to convince him not to stop his FOH payments. 

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, oi oi said:

I couldn't totally understand his point either particularly as it follows the model most/all Scottish clubs have adopted so far.

His main gripe is that being platinum he is paying much more than those half a dozen rows in front of him and getting no additional benefit. That and the fact he's shelled out over a grand.

I was more trying to convince him not to stop his FOH payments. 

The levels of ticket and family groups complaints make sense, but I'm trying to understand what people thought they were getting. It does sound like some expected all the games online PLUS a full season of in person games. I suppose Hearts could have offered an online only ST but at the time clubs were being told to prepare for having crowds back around October. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I wish the club was paying enough attention to the views of supporters to be spending time discussing things with individual fans, because at the moment the club seems to be putting almost no thought in to the views and reactions of supporters (this is hyperbole, I don't actually want Hearts to pay people to come onto JKB).

You'd have to have been living in a hole not to have noticed that since Budge pissed off around 100 or so bigots in our support, including the plane hirers, it doesn't matter what Hearts do, there will be a lot of negative comments on forums like this and on Twitter and Facebook. 100 bigots in real life is not a lot, but online they make more noise and appear louder. There's no way for the club to know who is genuine and who is either on the wind-up or has some sort of agenda.

So I hope the club is NOT paying ay attention to social media personally. The problem is though that if there is a genuine grievance, it's hard to take it seriously because of all the people constantly moaning about every little thing.

The way to gauge opinion is not what people are saying online, but what they do. So if crowds fall, if 100s of send letters of complaint or call the club, or ask for refunds, or cancel FoH, etc - those are the things that will make the club sit up and take notice. Those things have not been happening despite if you read online literally everything Hearts do is apparently bad.

It will be interesting to see how many people ask for ST refunds or complain directly to the club (rather than online) as a result of this latest thing. 

We've had owners in the past who really did try to fleece or con fans - Mercer (raising tickets for a European game to a ridiculous level), Robinson (misleading fans over Tynecastle) and Romanov (everything he did). I don't think Budge is anything like these owners in terms of deliberately misleading or seeking to profit from fans in an unreasonable way. She makes mistakes for sure, but they also made mistakes on top of treating fans like shit at times.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You'd have to have been living in a hole not to have noticed that since Budge pissed off around 100 or so bigots in our support, including the plane hirers, it doesn't matter what Hearts do, there will be a lot of negative comments on forums like this and on Twitter and Facebook. 100 bigots in real life is not a lot, but online they make more noise and appear louder. There's no way for the club to know who is genuine and who is either on the wind-up or has some sort of agenda.

So I hope the club is NOT paying ay attention to social media personally. The problem is though that if there is a genuine grievance, it's hard to take it seriously because of all the people constantly moaning about every little thing.

The way to gauge opinion is not what people are saying online, but what they do. So if crowds fall, if 100s of send letters of complaint or call the club, or ask for refunds, or cancel FoH, etc - those are the things that will make the club sit up and take notice. Those things have not been happening despite if you read online literally everything Hearts do is apparently bad.

It will be interesting to see how many people ask for ST refunds or complain directly to the club (rather than online) as a result of this latest thing. 

We've had owners in the past who really did try to fleece or con fans - Mercer (raising tickets for a European game to a ridiculous level), Robinson (misleading fans over Tynecastle) and Romanov (everything he did). I don't think Budge is anything like these owners in terms of deliberately misleading or seeking to profit from fans in an unreasonable way. She makes mistakes for sure, but they also made mistakes on top of treating fans like shit at times.

It is a *long* leap to equate those who are pissed off with the club's handling of this issue with being bigots. A very long leap.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It is a *long* leap to equate those who are pissed off with the club's handling of this issue with being bigots. A very long leap.

My point in reply to someone saying the club should be taking into account fan opinion (seemingly from forums like this) was the club should not be using social media to gauge opinion on anything because of the people incessantly complaining about everything for the last 5 years. For example, if Hearts went with opinion online, Neilson never would have been reappointed.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

My point in reply to someone saying the club should be taking into account fan opinion (seemingly from forums like this) was the club should not be using social media to gauge opinion on anything because of the people incessantly complaining about everything for the last 5 years.

The club doesn't necessarily need to be reactive to the fans, but it does need to listen to them. The fans are after all the lifeblood of the club. I would assume and hope that those at the club who make the decisions are able to distinguish between the perennial "haters" and a genuine wave of feeling from the fanbase on any particular issue.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The club doesn't necessarily need to be reactive to the fans, but it does need to listen to them. The fans are after all the lifeblood of the club. I would assume and hope that those at the club who make the decisions are able to distinguish between the perennial "haters" and a genuine wave of feeling from the fanbase on any particular issue.

Definitely, as I said. just not through the medium of forums, Twitter or Facebook. The people who are genuinely unhappy will contact the club, withdraw support, etc. I have done several times - when Robinson was talking about selling Tynecastle, when Mercer raised prices for the Bologna game and when Romanov sacked Burley. Also wrote to the club about Hearts fans racism after the Walters game and withdrew support for a while after that.

Edited by ToqueJambo

So who is still a bit pissed off besides me?

Now FoH own Hearts despite the delayed transfer, my ongoing FoH subs are no longer about buying the club. So already I am helping with the ongoing financial stability regardless of football.

The decision to count streamed games as ST attendances doesn't bring any more money in right now does it? It just means our STs next season will cost a bit more because streamed games aren't rolling over. I'd renew my ST earlier next season if Hearts were wanting cash sooner. And if things were bad, I'd throw the FoH some cash. I'm sure others would. 

My thoughts are it should've just been actually free for STs. A gift. Because the financial cost can be massaged more as it won't be felt until summer next year. If shit hits the fan again, then fans will step up. So it's a bit needless to shaft us like this right now I think.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

My point in reply to someone saying the club should be taking into account fan opinion (seemingly from forums like this) was the club should not be using social media to gauge opinion on anything because of the people incessantly complaining about everything for the last 5 years. For example, if Hearts went with opinion online, Neilson never would have been reappointed.

It needs to be fair and even handed,  retrospectively. 

Its not beyond them to make adjustments to payments made.

They simply don't fancy it whilst harbouring a mammoth squad of inadequacies about to grow again according to the manager. 

Its obscene when employment has been affected. 

I love the club,  but will call it out when its moral compass, trumpeted for years, is not as angelic as they profess

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

It needs to be fair and even handed,  retrospectively. 

Its not beyond them to make adjustments to payments made.

They simply don't fancy it whilst harbouring a mammoth squad of inadequacies about to grow again according to the manager. 

Its obscene when employment has been affected. 

I love the club,  but will call it out when its moral compass, trumpeted for years, is not as angelic as they profess

The same people complaining about ST prices will also complain about us signing lower quality players. I think Hearts will refund people who want it if they genuinely feel conned. But in reality buying a ST was a leap of faith for every fan of all clubs.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Definitely, as I said. just not through the medium of forums, Twitter or Facebook. The people who are genuinely unhappy will contact the club, withdraw support, etc. I have done several times - when Robinson was talking about selling Tynecastle, when Mercer raised prices for the Bologna game and when Romanov sacked Burley.

I'd probably agree as regards Twitter or Facebook because the possibility of interlopers is increased on those platforms. Forums are a different matter - I personally think that the club should be monitoring JKB as an early warning system in which to gauge fan reaction to any issues that occur or decisions that are made. I do agree that the scale of folk actually contacting the club is a good indicator as to the strength of opinion, but it might make more sense to nip issues in the bud before it gets to that point.

3 minutes ago, kila said:

So who is still a bit pissed off besides me?

Now FoH own Hearts despite the delayed transfer, my ongoing FoH subs are no longer about buying the club. So already I am helping with the ongoing financial stability regardless of football.

The decision to count streamed games as ST attendances doesn't bring any more money in right now does it? It just means our STs next season will cost a bit more because streamed games aren't rolling over. I'd renew my ST earlier next season if Hearts were wanting cash sooner. And if things were bad, I'd throw the FoH some cash. I'm sure others would. 

My thoughts are it should've just been actually free for STs. A gift. Because the financial cost can be massaged more as it won't be felt until summer next year. If shit hits the fan again, then fans will step up. So it's a bit needless to shaft us like this right now I think.

The thread title suggests that it is "free" to ST holders. 

9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Makes you wonder why the club monitors SM then, including this forum?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, redjambo said:

I'd probably agree as regards Twitter or Facebook because the possibility of interlopers is increased on those platforms. Forums are a different matter - I personally think that the club should be monitoring JKB as an early warning system in which to gauge fan reaction to any issues that occur or decisions that are made. I do agree that the scale of folk actually contacting the club is a good indicator as to the strength of opinion, but it might make more sense to nip issues in the bud before it gets to that point.

I spend too much time on this forum and I still can't really tell if a large number of posters are actually genuine Hearts fans. I wouldn't expect a club rep to find it any easier. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I spend too much time on this forum and I still can't really tell if a large number of posters are actually genuine Hearts fans. I wouldn't expect a club rep to find it any easier. 

I'm sure you could have a go at it. On this particular issue, do you think it is just interlopers and perennial haters of the regime who have a problem with how things are being handled, or do you think the anger/concern is any more widespread than that. Honest answer.

Edited by redjambo

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm sure you could have a go at it. On this particular issue, do you think it is just interlopers and perennial haters of the regime who have a problem with how things are being handled, or do you think the anger/concern is any more widespread than that. Honest answer.

I honestly can't tell. It's a lot of the same people. And it differs by the medium. Opinion on Twitter from what I saw was split on the St Mirren loan thing. Same with the STs. Facebook seems overrun with tubes. On here the criticism is more intense and sustained. Generally you could go by high post counts to try to find genuine posters, but then there are posters who seem to have literally done nothing but slag the club off for years so how can you take criticism of one particular issue seriously when they criticise everything? As I say, the real test of opinion is what people DO not what they say.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Looks like a good few would rather the club went bankrupt than accept we are in a difficult situation because of Covid.

Genuine Hearts supporters who think this way? Nope, well wide of the mark in my opinion, OldGorgie.

49 minutes ago, Franksluckypants said:

So instead of face masks, it's gas masks in your hoose!

I said I can.  I’ve only done 2 at a time so far. Building myself up to it. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I honestly can't tell. It's a lot of the same people. And it differs by the medium. Opinion on Twitter from what I saw was split on the St Mirren loan thing. Same with the STs. Facebook seems overrun with tubes. On here the criticism is more intense and sustained. Generally you could go by high post counts to try to find genuine posters, but then there are posters who seem to have literally done nothing but slag the club off for years so how can you take criticism of one particular issue seriously when they criticise everything? As I say, the real test of opinion is what people DO not what they say.

Fair enough. Do you think the club should do anything at all, at least to clear up any confusion?