All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
48 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Even if, by attending those 18 games next season as a credit from this season, the club goes to the wall because there’s no ticket revenue?

Then there are umpteen different avenues they can go down to raise funding should this be the case (hint, its not). Scamming their own fans should not ever be the answer.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

10 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Exactly. The club are relying on that a bit too often these days - for my liking anyway.

In what way are they relying on it too often or any more than any other club ? 

We have been a very loyal fan base in recent years but I’m not sure the club has direct and exploited that. I think too much blame is getting out on the club regarding this rather than fans being praised. 

6 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I posted this a couple of pages ago - seems to cover both your points

I like this. I think the point isn't that any of us are going to produce a fully fledged plan in a kickback post, but that there are definitely better options available. 

As you say it would be tricky to administer. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's this that has put them off. 

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Not the point. 

So your comparing something incomparable ? How much a hearts supporter will pay for a sports package compared to hearts matches is completely different imo. 

8 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Don’t be ridiculous. The club have zero idea how many people would go for pay per view games.

They have already said that realistically we need promotion this year.

We have a salary bill of at least 5m.

At £20 per game we would need a take up of at least 18000 people to break even on salary bill. Let those figures sink in. That is above our average attendance when you consider that we have OF, vermin and Aberdeen fans coming At least 5 times a season.

There is already a financial hole this year thanks to demotion. We got no compensation to cover it.

You tell me what the better solution is. Get rid of our players and not get promoted? Ask the bank for money to cover this seasons shortfall? Go into serious debt? Go into administration ? What is the best solution, because as far as I can see, those would be the only options available to us

We may be limited to 12,000 people streaming it depending on what the BBC allow (Sky capped Premiership at least season's ST totals. If that's the case then we still have a massive gap. 11,500 STs at average of £300 this season is just under £3.5m. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You don’t get Hearts matches though. 

True but if you have an Amazon Fire stick (£40) then it's easy to stream 1000's of channels.  Even has Hearts TV with the app I downloaded.  Although the quality isn't always brilliant when watching live sport but it does the job. 

However the season ticket situation is looked at it’s not great.

But in the middle of a global pandemic to run a business with no customers is virtually impossible, Hearts have attempted to increase all possible revenue streams. But the bottom line is that Hearts would not survive an entire season without season ticket income without making drastic cuts to all costs. 
Unfortunately the season ticket situation is one that hopefully everybody will be able to swallow to see our beloved club come out of the crisis stronger vs our direct competitors. And in the years ahead we will all reap the benefit of that!

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Harry Potter said:

radio rentals 😀

No idea what is going on here, i started a thread due to folk harping on about the quality of Hearts TV and was then told that i literally started the thread to rubbish the quality. Or words like that. That i am now at it on other threads. Anyone any idea why that is, apart from the place being mental ? There are ones here that twist words around, and come across like they have perm and set every weekend.

jambo-in-furness
10 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

if you step back and analyse value for money, football is not good at all. Walk up dad & son (concession) to watch an average game -  around £35? cinema tickets for Dad & son -  20 quid ish? Both give 90 mins entertainment. One with a comfy seat and almost zero risk of a vein popping, spittle spraying maniac next to you :)

Obviously you’ve it been to the cinema where I live.😩

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
16 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Don’t be ridiculous. The club have zero idea how many people would go for pay per view games.

At £20 per game we would need a take up of at least 18000 people to break even on salary bill. Let those figures sink in. That is above our average attendance when you consider that we have OF, vermin and Aberdeen fans coming At least 5 times a season.

There is already a financial hole this year thanks to demotion. We got no compensation to cover it.

You tell me what the better solution is. Get rid of our players and not get promoted? Ask the bank for money to cover this seasons shortfall? Go into serious debt? Go into administration ? What is the best solution, because as far as I can see, those would be the only options available to us

The one option that should never be on the table is ripping off fans. We have shown time and time again we are willing to save the club by any means necessary. This is the club utilising that good will in an immoral way IMO.

6 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

True but if you have an Amazon Fire stick (£40) then it's easy to stream 1000's of channels.  Even has Hearts TV with the app I downloaded.  Although the quality isn't always brilliant when watching live sport but it does the job. 

I could do but I prefer legal streams if I want to watch something. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It is for me. 

So you would pay £25 to watch a stream of Hearts v Alloa in an empty stadium with no atmosphere? 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

So you would pay £25 to watch Hearts v Alloa in an empty stadium with no atmosphere? 

Very likely I would. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

So you would pay £25 to watch Hearts v Alloa in an empty stadium with no atmosphere? 

Would prefer it to paying the same to watch it on the telly

28 minutes ago, Sirudi said:

I emailed the club Yesterday to inform them that I was disappointed with the lack of transparency with supporters and believed the whole episode could and should have been handled better. Nothing new there.

On a personal note, as I have no computer but I do have a guarantee of “access” to live football, both at and from Tynecastle, I asked the club to confirm if they would be supplying me with one.  Nothing top of the range required, just enough for the football.

If they were not, what were my options ?

No reply yet.

An interesting point, I have just received a reply to my email from the ticket office saying that they have shared my email with the relevant people and I will receive a reply in the upcoming days. 

1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

The one option that should never be on the table is ripping off fans. We have shown time and time again we are willing to save the club by any means necessary. This is the club utilising that good will in an immoral way IMO.

Why is so difficult for some to understand this? SOME fans (families!) have absolutely been ripped off by the club. 

If Hearts had told us we only needed to buy 1 season ticket per household and the reasons everything would have been fine. Charge everyone the same price for their season ticket as well but zero explanation for that.

4 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

No idea what is going on here, i started a thread due to folk harping on about the quality of Hearts TV and was then told that i literally started the thread to rubbish the quality. Or words like that. That i am now at it on other threads. Anyone any idea why that is, apart from the place being mental ? There are ones here that twist words around, and come across like they have perm and set every weekend.

Dont worry bud, and ignore any comments, sometimes threads move in a different direction.

4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

So much blind loyalty for this club from some on here. 

Blind loyalty on a supporters forum shouldnt  really come as a shock.  

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

Blind loyalty on a supporters forum shouldnt  really come as a shock.  

Agreed and it isn't really but it's staggering that some can't understand that families being ripped off and conned out of money is out of order and shouldn't have happened. 

11 minutes ago, Dazo said:

In what way are they relying on it too often or any more than any other club ? 

We have been a very loyal fan base in recent years but I’m not sure the club has direct and exploited that. I think too much blame is getting out on the club regarding this rather than fans being praised. 

Can you point me to another club that has offered a "ST Guarantee" then switched it to streaming once the money is in?  I'm not aware of any other club doing that but I don't pay that much attention to other clubs to be fair.

56 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think if a supporter contacted Trading Standards about this, HMFC would be paying out refunds left, right and centre.

I'll enjoy the extra camera angles though!

I expect that anyone who asks for a refund will end up being given one in full or in part (covering just the games that are missed). I expect that the club will see that from a consumer rights point of view they don't have a leg to stand on.

55 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Has anyone come with a credible plan of how the club pays the players this season without Season Ticket revenue and next to no tv income?

Presumably everyone moaning about Hearts streaming these matches is outraged at the signing of Popescu and incandescent about the return of Craig Gordon.  I assume they would be much happier if we had filed for admin, released all senior players and been relegated to League One?

36 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

No, but someone said "that's for the club to figure out", so we all just moved on from that, and saw it as case closed. 🤪

I offered a solution pages ago.

The first solution would obviously have been not to offer a new guarantee that the club didn't know they would be able to afford. As it turns out they aren't able to afford to honour the guarantee. That is an awful commercial decision. It is truly bizarre that some posters seem to want to blame season ticket holders for the fact the club made this mistake. Apparently easier to claim those that are unhappy never say anything positive about the club or have some secret agenda.

Having made the original mistake, the solution would have been to email all season ticket holders with a message along the line of:

"We've made a mistake. We misjudged the pandemic and that has resulted in us making a promise to you that we can't now afford to keep. We're sorry. We are now asking you to understand the challenging financial position the club is in and accept streaming of games held behind closed doors in lieu of being able to attend games. We appreciate this is not as good as being at the game. We hope that yet again the supporters will go above and beyond to back the club financially through tough times. We are looking in to what additional benefit we can offer to those who are able to stick with us. However, we do understand that these are tough times for everyone and if you don't feel able to accept streaming as a replacement for attendance at games, please contact us to arrange a full refund on your season ticket."

An open, honest and transparent message to supporters that acknowledged fault would have gone a long with to placating season ticket holders and would have really reduced the level of anger. Rather than feeling misled, supporters would have felt respected. I think the level of fans wanting a refund would have been really low. Instead angry fans are more likely to demand refunds which legally the club are likely to have to pay out on and even many other fans who won't demand a refund will still have lost some goodwill towards the club. For my part, I've gone from assuming that I'll write off any outstanding game credits at the end of the season and pay full price for next year's ticket and now thinking I'll probably use the credits. That loss of good will costs the club £100 straight off. Multiple that by even a few hundred fans and it is a totally avoidable but significant financial hit.

5 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Obviously you’ve it been to the cinema where I live.😩

:)

conjures up an image of a gut wielding mid 40's bloke with the strength of a pint of tenants shouting "FAKKAN wage feeeeef!!!" at Dwayne Johnson while watching Jumanji....

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It is for me. 

I think it is the point.

Sky / Now TV would never get away with pulling a stunt like this.

Hearts get away with it purely out of fans loyalty to the club.

10 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

However the season ticket situation is looked at it’s not great.

But in the middle of a global pandemic to run a business with no customers is virtually impossible, Hearts have attempted to increase all possible revenue streams. But the bottom line is that Hearts would not survive an entire season without season ticket income without making drastic cuts to all costs. 
Unfortunately the season ticket situation is one that hopefully everybody will be able to swallow to see our beloved club come out of the crisis stronger vs our direct competitors. And in the years ahead we will all reap the benefit of that!

I agree with you I just hope we have a management team at all levels who can reap the hoped for benefit.

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

I think it is the point.

The point for me was that I’d more happily pay to watch Hearts than other teams. The same reason I buy a pie at Tynecastle rather than at Greggs along the road even though it costs twice as much. 

Gorgie Boot boy
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

So you would pay £25 to watch a stream of Hearts v Alloa in an empty stadium with no atmosphere? 

Supporting Hearts should come with a warning for those who like terms conditions agreements and of course guarantees . Financial and mental health warning. Do so at your peril. 

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I think it is the point.

It's not right but apparently you're not as good a Hearts fan if you complain about being ripped off. 

Absolutely shameful from the club and a total farce of a statement in the EEN of all places. Not even an official explanation on the website. 

7 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Agreed and it isn't really but it's staggering that some can't understand that families being ripped off and conned out of money is out of order and shouldn't have happened. 

have you asked for a refund? (genuine question BTW)

Just now, davemclaren said:

The point for me was that I’d more happily pay to watch Hearts than other teams. The same reason I buy a pie at Tynecastle rather than at Greggs along the road even though it costs twice as much. 

I was agreeing with you.

If you were a regular pie eater from Greggs (😄) what would you do if you discovered they doubled the price of your pie compared to everyone else buying the same pie?

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

It's not right but apparently you're not as good a Hearts fan if you complain about being ripped off. 

Absolutely shameful from the club and a total farce of a statement in the EEN of all places. Not even an official explanation on the website. 

You can still be a good Hearts fan and still criticise the club if you think it's warranted. The 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

There is loyalty & blind loyalty.

There are some interesting ideas on here e.g. the idea that you should be able to take a credit not for next years S/T and either do without watching Hearts this year or pay a subscription per game. The idea that Hearts are ripping off their fans though is unacceptable to me. 

These are unprecedented times and just at the moment my only concern is the survival of Hearts. Last season was the worst I can remember and it would be possible to say that we were ripped off every week by useless tactics and coaching and lazy players. but I don't recall anyone demanding a refund on their S/T.

It's a stark choice between continuing to support the club by watching on TV, or demanding our money back in whatever form. The latter will seriously damage the club for an extended period 

husref musemic
28 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I paid for "shares" i knew were worthless when we were on our knees. I knew that & was fine with it. It was clear as day.

this time I feel I've had the proverbial taken & I'm not chuffed at the club moving the goalposts.

I'm aware times are tough - me included which makes me more thoughtful how i spend. I still bought 3 season tickets, now converted into a one house streaming service (offered to non UK at £12 a month).

Leaving a really bad taste.

Just now, iainmac said:

I was agreeing with you.

If you were a regular pie eater from Greggs (😄) what would you do if you discovered they doubled the price of your pie compared to everyone else buying the same pie?

Well...if I agreed to buy a steak pie but they could only give me a mince pie I would walk out the shop as I hate their mince pies!!

Hope that clears everything up. 😀

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

You can still be a good Hearts fan and still criticise the club if you think it's warranted. The 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

There is loyalty & blind loyalty.

Correct, just find a fine balance.

6 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

There are some interesting ideas on here e.g. the idea that you should be able to take a credit not for next years S/T and either do without watching Hearts this year or pay a subscription per game. The idea that Hearts are ripping off their fans though is unacceptable to me. 

These are unprecedented times and just at the moment my only concern is the survival of Hearts. Last season was the worst I can remember and it would be possible to say that we were ripped off every week by useless tactics and coaching and lazy players. but I don't recall anyone demanding a refund on their S/T.

It's a stark choice between continuing to support the club by watching on TV, or demanding our money back in whatever form. The latter will seriously damage the club for an extended period 

100% agree

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They must be expecting people to ask for refunds, why else would the ticket office be open 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

Probably selling tickets to watch Hearts training at the oriam. 

9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I think the bit in bold highlights where the divide is on this. Those that do have other, more pressing concerns are probably annoyed by it. Those whose only concern is the survival of a football during a global pandemic, job losses and financial hardship probably don't see an issue with it.

9 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

have you asked for a refund? (genuine question BTW)

No I haven't yet but I will. Waiting on an official statement from the club before making a decision as I can tell you now I wouldn't have bought 4 season tickets for the 1 household if I knew I'd be paying for an online stream only (like many others)

Now if folk want to have a go at me for looking for a refund I genuinely could not give a ****. If they can afford to just gift Hearts over a grand for nothing then fair ****s to them but I've given Hearts enough of my money over the years.

Myname is on the FoH shirt and I still contribute to them every month but this is the biggest con I've seen from the club and I did not think th dynamic pricing fiasco could ever be topped.