All Home games to be streamed for ST Holders

neilnunb

13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Sweden.

If the UK had been half as well equipped in terms of ICU's and general quality of health care, and health in the community in general, I would have agreed with you.

However this is the UK, with some of the poorest provision of those things in Europe. 

We can only piss in the pot we've got. Without lockdown measures our services would have been rapidly overwhelmed. We only just got away with it, as bad as it was.

Edited by upgotheheads

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Beast Boy

• Gorgie Boot boy

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Oh dear.  It seems I've hurt your feelings.  Man up, and deal with the fact we are in with the pandemic and everythign in everyday life is fluid and subject to change.

I am neither defending nor attacking Hearts on this.  I'm just pointing out that some have been too short sighted to see this coming, despite being in lockdown with football shut down and us in a legal battle when season tickets went on sale.

Nobody reads the small print when they buy season tickets, but anyone with common sense watching the news could have predicted we would be playing at least part of this season behind closed doors.

I am sure Hearts will make some gesture to fans but very much doubt it will be refunds.

I could never find you offensive, your comedy ranting when you get going is too entertaining. Worry about your BP mind. 

It's obviously not the case that people didn't realise games would be behind closed doors, it's abundantly clear that no vaccine no attendance is the bottom line for live sport. People are annoyed at the way this has been communicated, the lack of any attempt to address obvious issues like multiple season tickets in households and a general attitude that fans will accept anything. This from a board who have manifestly failed on the football side for several years. It's not difficult to understand this. 

7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I guess a lot will depend on a judge’s interpretation of access to games at Tynecastle. A judge certainly wouldn’t just be looking at the headline or how much he would be saving next year. 

There will be no judge involved ffs.

the sub goalie

Regarding the comments that we’re in a pandemic, what more could Hearts have done?  I feel the club could have still issued their communication re the streamed games, however added to it that they appreciate that this may not be an option for everyone and they should contact the club to discuss options.  I would imagine a high percentage of season tickets holders would accept the streaming as part of their season ticket, however they should not be forced into it as this is not what they paid for.

We all have an emotional tie to Hearts and want them to prosper, however the wording of the original communications suggested that the 18 game pledge would be for physical attendance at Tynecastle when it is safe to do so, that was my understanding off it anyway.  There will be season ticket holders who do not have access to the internet so will not be able to watch the games, what happens to them?

If you ordered a voucher for a restaurant and had booked in to be told that there are now only offering a take away option at the same price as it would be to sit in and that is now your only option, you would feel imo rightly aggrieved.  The quality of the food won’t be as high due to the delivery time and you loose out on the experience of dining in with the service and ambiance etc.

I have 3 season ticket holders in my home and it will be an expense stream, I will accept the streaming option as currently I’m in a position where I can afford to take the hit.  If I’m honest, this seasons payment was always a donation in my mind and any live football would be a bonus.  However, it doesn’t make it right that this is your only option, like it or lump it. 

4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I could never find you offensive, your comedy ranting when you get going is too entertaining. Worry about your BP mind. 

It's obviously not the case that people didn't realise games would be behind closed doors, it's abundantly clear that no vaccine no attendance is the bottom line for live sport. People are annoyed at the way this has been communicated, the lack of any attempt to address obvious issues like multiple season tickets in households and a general attitude that fans will accept anything. This from a board who have manifestly failed on the football side for several years. It's not difficult to understand this. 

:rofl:

Playing the man just proves you lost your argument.

1 hour ago, tynietigers said:

So what else can Hearts do 🤔 they can’t get fans in so all these people that feel they have been fooled, do they now want money back. I get that some tickets cost more than others and a whole household might have season tickets, ( I have 3 ) but we all bought into supporting Hearts. Most of us bought tickets knowing we were getting only 14 games at home and thought we are getting a bargain because next season we get a cheeky 4 games free. But deep down did people really think we would have a packed Tynecastle 😳 we all new they predicted a second wave by October, so for me Hearts have come up with the next best thing, it might not be ideal but for me seeing Hearts play will put a smile on my face ☺️ but I have a feeling we might even see a match 😬 I hope not but then do people want next season for free, because if that is the case you might as well shut the doors.

Great post

Just now, iainmac said:

The poster I responded to mentioned lawyers - ridiculous!

Sorry thought it was you, yeah ridiculous indeed. I’m guessing the club will try to appease those not happy. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Austin MacGlee said:

So still get 4 games that were guaranteed? Can't complain then. Thanks for that, don't know how I missed that 🤦‍♂️

The complaint is that’s off next seasons ST, which may well go up by 10-20% to cover that, so even for a cheap ST like my own I’m paying £23 a match/stream to watch games in a tinpot league. If you bought 4 STs for a household you could be paying over £100 for the privilege of streaming games into your home. 

1 hour ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

If you feel that you have been misled, you are a bad fan.

If you feel that you have been ripped off, you are a bad fan.

If you ask for a refund because of this, you are a bad fan.

If you complain at all, you are a bad fan.

It's this sort of thinking that creates the 'holier than thou' opinion Old Firm fans have of their own teams. If you love your club so much, hold it to account when it makes mistakes.

Only in your opinion has a mistake been made. I have a different opinion on the matter.

If you are not happy with this for purely financial reasons - multiple season tickets in the household, for example - then may be an idea to offset this by reducing your FoH payment for 12 months.

Just a suggestion.

35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Oh dear.  It seems I've hurt your feelings.  Man up, and deal with the fact we are in with the pandemic and everythign in everyday life is fluid and subject to change.

I am neither defending nor attacking Hearts on this.  I'm just pointing out that some have been too short sighted to see this coming, despite being in lockdown with football shut down and us in a legal battle when season tickets went on sale.

Nobody reads the small print when they buy season tickets, but anyone with common sense watching the news could have predicted we would be playing at least part of this season behind closed doors.

I am sure Hearts will make some gesture to fans but very much doubt it will be refunds.

Despite rising infection rates in England there will be 10 games this weekend with 1000 fans as a test.how could anyone predict that Scotland would be so far behind England?ive been watching non league games in front of upto 300 fans for the last month yet still bcd in Scotland.just because some experts predicted a 2nd wave was just a guess at the end of the day.anything other than that then could you give me this weekend's lottery numbers 👍

12 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Sorry thought it was you, yeah ridiculous indeed. I’m guessing the club will try to appease those not happy. 

Even if they don’t, the amounts folk are debating about could be dealt with by the small claims court.

Which poster is threatening legal action?

Edited by GinRummy

31 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

No, for your ST next season you'll essentially pay 15/19ths of the price (assuming in Premier) So £400 ST becomes £315.79 etc.

If you choose not to renew your ST next season you will get 4 single match tickets for next season's games, subject to individual match availability

Cheers Poseidon. 👍

Think thats Platinum not Premium though. Premium is £600 and something.

Looks like that would cost the club a fair whack of money though tbh. I’d sooner they gave me four tickets on top of my season ticket and I could use them to get folk I know along to games and see if they catch the bug again.

I feel hearts have had a bit of a clanger here but what is the club to do. 

We are now in the same boat as most other clubs who need money to survive due to covid.

Our club more than most has had fans back it to the hilt when times have got tough. I know peoples frustrations about multiple season tickets per house hold and that would probably annoy me as well but we have to remember this is the club we choose to and love to support. 

I thought this may happen and like others thought of it more as a charitable thing to do as I had the money to do so. Granted I only sit in the Gorgie so lower end of the price scale. 

I am already buzzing at the thought of watching hearts on my TV next Saturday. We have all missed game days and the feeling of watching hearts and I think once the boys start playing then it will calm down a bit. 

The club have as I said not done as well as they could pr wise but everyone is making it up as they go along. We all want to be back at tynie but we just have to where possible support the club where we can and cheer them on, albeit from the comfort of our own homes 

Just now, Beast Boy said:

Cheers Poseidon. 👍

Think thats Platinum not Premium though. Premium is £600 and something.

Looks like that would cost the club a fair whack of money though tbh. I’d sooner they gave me four tickets on top of my season ticket and I could use them to get folk I know along to games and see if they catch the bug again.

They may well be flexible and do it that way if you ask. Depends on whether they are prepared to have a few different options available or try to keep it simple for the likes of ticketmaster. 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Even if they don’t, the amounts folk are debating about could be dealt with by the small claims court.

Which poster is threatening legal action?

The guy who trolls pretending to be innocently asking questions.

15 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Despite rising infection rates in England there will be 10 games this weekend with 1000 fans as a test.how could anyone predict that Scotland would be so far behind England?ive been watching non league games in front of upto 300 fans for the last month yet still bcd in Scotland.just because some experts predicted a 2nd wave was just a guess at the end of the day.anything other than that then could you give me this weekend's lottery numbers 👍

I did hope that we would be exploring options for Murrayfield to get as many season ticket holders in as possible.

However, that is in the hands of the Scottish Government.

Edited by frankblack

4 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

They may well be flexible and do it that way if you ask. Depends on whether they are prepared to have a few different options available or try to keep it simple for the likes of ticketmaster. 

That’s true. My way would work in their favour more, as it would mean more bums on seats, and some might even decide to keep going/return.

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

No, for your ST next season you'll essentially pay 15/19ths of the price (assuming in Premier) So £400 ST becomes £315.79 etc.

If you choose not to renew your ST next season you will get 4 single match tickets for next season's games, subject to individual match availability

If they don’t put the price up to cover this cost. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, braveheart said:

Indeed, in France fans are in games with little social distancing or masks. Their cases have spiked as has England’s. It doesn’t make it a mistake to not have it here though. 

20 minutes ago, braveheart said:

You don't need to be an expert to know a second wave was coming when you shut down and then reopen without it being completely eradicated or having a vaccine. That's just common sense surely

23 minutes ago, braveheart said:

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, in France fans are in games with little social distancing or masks. Their cases have spiked as has England’s. It doesn’t make it a mistake to not have it here though. 

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

You don't need to be an expert to know a second wave was coming when you shut down and then reopen without it being completely eradicated or having a vaccine. That's just common sense surely

Don't know about anyone else, but I'd sooner we did everything we could to try and prevent an increase in infections, and if that means being more cautious than other countries where they are having bigger issues, then fine.

Pasquale for King

Don't know about anyone else, but I'd sooner we did everything we could to try and prevent an increase in infections, and if that means being more cautious than other countries where they are having bigger issues, then fine.

Absolutely. If it harms a few clubs finances as well then it’s fine by me. Get it under control again and get more trial games in around the end of October. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

I think Hearts should be applauded for making arrangements for the supporters to see every game!

I don’t think anybody can think Hearts have covered themselves in glory over season tickets BUT most will agree that  the unknowns of the covid-19 pandemic fully mitigate any issues.

HHGH

People seem to forget revenue from season tickets help pay wages for players amongst other things. We all want good players to win games (don’t mention Levein!) therefore the more revenue we get the better players we will sign, hopefully. 
It was always a gamble when we bought season tickets as no one could predict the future with this current situation going on. 
Being optimistic I believe we have a good squad to get us out of this league again. However I am cognisant of the fact football could go tits up again and we could be stuck in this league due to Covid and more importantly the inept, corrupt and bias SFA/SPFL. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I think Hearts should be applauded for making arrangements for the supporters to see every game!

I don’t think anybody can think Hearts have covered themselves in glory over season tickets BUT most will agree that  the unknowns of the covid-19 pandemic fully mitigate any issues.

HHGH

We disagree on the old stand and some other things, but on this I couold not agree more.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

HHGH

Apart from:

All of us paying vastly different prices for the same stream. (PPV price still to be determined). 

ST holders with either no Internet or speeds that can't support streaming. 

Multiple ST households. 

If you could let me know what's been done to mitigate these 3 issues,  I'd be grateful. 

Apologies if I've missed it, but have the club actually said how season ticket holders are going to access the streams?  Are we getting passwords/access codes emailed out or what? 

Neil Dongcaster

The main take outs from me on this thread are;

1) Club employees are, in my opinion, posting on the forum justifying bad decisions. I don’t think this is a concerted effort by the club more egotistical individuals desperate to put positive spins on anything and everything.

2) The gentleman running this forum are unwilling to risk going against the club in any meaningful way. Perhaps this is just their personal viewpoints in which of course I respect and perhaps there’s an agenda behind it. This isn’t a personal attack merely an observation. 

3) Posters find it incredibly hard that sometimes two opposing viewpoints can both have validity and insist that the other poster is a lesser person /fan/ intellect for having a differing opinion. Incidentally history terms to be on the side of the lesser voices where Hearts are concerned.

3 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Apologies if I've missed it, but have the club actually said how season ticket holders are going to access the streams?  Are we getting passwords/access codes emailed out or what? 

Not yet. Just that we can continue to use Hearts TV through the traditional method until the new set up is up and running.

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

1) Club employees are, in my opinion, posting on the forum justifying bad decisions. I don’t think this is a concerted effort by the club more egotistical individuals desperate to put positive spins on anything and everything.

2) The gentleman running this forum are unwilling to risk going against the club in any meaningful way. Perhaps this is just their personal viewpoints in which of course I respect and perhaps there’s an agenda behind it. This isn’t a personal attack merely an observation. 

3) Posters find it incredibly hard that sometimes two opposing viewpoints can both have validity and insist that the other poster is a lesser person /fan/ intellect for having a differing opinion. Incidentally history terms to be on the side of the lesser voices where Hearts are concerned.

Ladies and gentlemen... I give you... Irony!

1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

Not yet. Just that we can continue to use Hearts TV through the traditional method until the new set up is up and running.

I wonder if there will be a package deal for pay for view, maybe pay for half a season, or so many games.

4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I wonder if there will be a package deal for pay for view, maybe pay for half a season, or so many games.

Don’t know mate. Think they will need to come up with something to try and cut down the flak they are getting though. There’s a poll on Twitter about how people feel about it, started by someone who used to post on here. When I last looked most people weren’t too bothered by the way it’s being done at present. Maybe someone could do one on here with the same answer options? 🤷‍♂️

49B07C0E-DCC7-4953-8EE5-FCEACBA74EE8.jpeg

Edited by Beast Boy

8 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

If club employees are posting on the forum and not declaring themselves as club employees I’d be very surprised. The people on this forum who tend to back the club to the hilt under any circumstances are known to other forumites and there would need to be some sort of concerted grand conspiracy going on. I believe you’re wrong. There are also people who run the forum who criticise the club, team, manager etc. I think your talking about 1 admin person only on that one. 

Edited by GinRummy

Don’t know mate. Think they will need to come up with something to try and cut down the flak they are getting though. There’s a poll on Twitter about how people feel about it, started by someone who used to post on here. When I last looked most people weren’t too bothered by the way it’s being done at present. Maybe someone could do one on here with the same answer options? 🤷‍♂️

Aye, 👍.

1 hour ago, comradejambo said:

The club should Apologise and offer refunds to those that want. I get it’s a bad situation but trust and integrity is everything. Doing the right thing is paramount. I wouldn’t imagine the take up for refunds would be high (from a personal perspective I don’t want a refund). Those is a worse off situation may do but it’s totally their prerogative and they should be made aware of this! These are tough times for the club, but also for many families! This should not be forgotten. 

Trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes that watching on a stream was always part of the guarantee is an insult to the supporters and goes back on the original pledge. Whilst I get the parameters have changed, an apology and explanation is the least we deserve!

This is my position. Anne Budge went on at great length during the expulsion fiasco about integrity and honesty. For me it is not about the money, it is about feeling let down and manipulated with promises by a club that we are always being told we are part of. It is all about doing the right thing.  At the moment I'm seeing none of this from Hearts on this issue.

Neil Dongcaster
10 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Perhaps this is just their personal viewpoints in which of course I respect 

8 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Ladies and gentlemen... I give you... Irony!

Really?

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If club employees are posting on the forum and not declaring themselves as club employees I’d be very surprised. The people on this forum who tend to back the club to the hilt under any circumstances are known to other forumites and there would need to be some sort of concerted grand conspiracy going on. I believe you’re wrong. There are also people who run the forum who criticise the club, team, manager etc. I think your talking about 1 admin person only on that one. 

Perhaps I am wrong regarding the employees Gin. However it’s happened before I believe so what’s to stop it reoccurring?

Really?

Perhaps I am wrong regarding the employees Gin. However it’s happened before I believe so what’s to stop it reoccurring?

Really?

Wasn’t aware it had happened before tbh. What happened?

54 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

The guy who trolls pretending to be innocently asking questions.

You still upset your chat was boring ? I don’t need to troll with you about. 

Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

Really?

Yes, really. You find it so hard to accept that others dont agree with you; you think they must be either 1) "club employees", or 2) have an "agenda" that stops them "speaking against the club". Then you go on to say others "find it incredibly hard that sometimes two opposing viewpoints can both have validity" (3)... after struggling so hard to accept that the folk in pigeon holes 1) and 2), might just have valid opposing opinions.

Just now, Dazo said:

You still upset your chat was boring ? I don’t need to troll with you about. 

Not you! :lol:

Paranoid much? No, the answers lie in Lanarkshire... along with all the questions it would seem.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think they were associates of Robinson snd not club employees. 

Depends.

At least one of them was a PR guru hired by Pieman. The mods at the time were collaborating fully with the wee gang but the club effectively owned the forum back then.