No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We loaned St Mirren our worst goalie after they came to us with the begging bowl and they got humped 3-0 to a backdrop of SPFL incompetence. Having previously supported the SPFL blindly they're now "squealing like pigs" about the unfairness of it all.

Not sure it's us taking any medicine.

I was just having a laugh with a poster who just wants everyone to move on! Something to consider in all of this even if you think many are over reacting or just flat out wrong is that there seems to be  many with this viewpoint whether you agree with them or not! If this move has negatively influenced so many of our fans then as much as some want to justify I will argue that it was a mistake by the club! This should be very concerning considering how many of us have just about had enough of Scottish football despite our love of Hearts! These aren't normal times obviously and I believe we have an angered and fragile fanbase overall which puts the club's decisions under more scrutiny!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

What’s that dodgy fish that can kill you if you don’t cook it properly? Asking for a friend...

Piranha?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

If she didn’t allow certain people to fritter and waste Money away in the transfer market you would have had a good point there.

I’m not, however, getting the seethe about giving that shower from Paisley a third rate keeper on loan, and that probably won’t ever play for us again, tbh 

She backs her managers with cash which is a good thing and which will mean we'll always attract decent managers. She's not going to monitor every signing though.

57 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If this scenario had been produced when you were doing your Rumpole of the Bailey act then there’s no way you’d be on board with this. Sorry St Mirren we can’t help for obvious reasons should have been the reply. We’ve also saved the blushes of the SPFL. The negativity has returned because of this appalling decision. 

I think you mean trying to educate myself, make sense of the situation, and find flaws in the SPFL decision making processes/arguments. While I was doing my Rumpole of the Bailey, Hearts were employing a not inexpensive legal team, who, with all their years of legal training, and experience, thought we had a case. Meanwhile you were sitting on your hoop doing the square route of feck all, like most.  Much easier to contribute feck all and criticise anybody who at least tried to understand the situation. At least I think that’s what you mean.

I’ll be quite satisfied that St Midden will pick up zero points from the games Zlamal plays in. In fact I’ll be quite happy that Hearts played a part in making that happen. Zero points from three games will be a big enough feck them for me. 

15 minutes ago, Deevers said:

No doubt In our  effort to “build bridges” Doncaster, Petrie and Lawell will all be invited to have a freebie there.

As will Lachlan Cameron when Ayr United visit Tynecastle.   The fat ******* will no doubt be pampered with a 10 course meal. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

She backs her managers with cash which is a good thing and which will mean we'll always attract decent managers. She's not going to monitor every signing though.

No question. Your absolutely spot on re backing her managers with cash 

that said, if she backs a manager, and who continually wastes money over a long period of time, she has to step in and stop it happening 

Whilst she did eventually the financial damage was already done at that point. We can make excuses for her all we want, but she failed miserably with this 

I guess when I hear anyone say that she has secured millions for the club, it’s a bit ironic when we see the same millions being wasted and under her tenure. That’s in the past but still happened under her remit and she has to take responsibility for that 

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

As will Lachlan Cameron when Ayr United visit Tynecastle.   The fat ******* will no doubt be pampered with a 10 course meal. 

Hope he chokes on it.

2 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

I did not make you post what you posted. You did that all on your own. Shame, because I don't think you are a bad poster, However, in saying that, you had the opportunity to apologize with the post above and you didn't.

You must go look for yourself. It's a good habit to get into. If you don't, you will end up being told the way it is by the MSM and those that believe what the MSM tell them. Don't forget the last few months.  

So, go look. There was a thread on here about it where you will find me not being happy. 

PS. If you do find the thread and have a look I would like to add that I have since admitted to my battle with my Hearts addiction.

What a slaver 😂😂😂

10 hours ago, kila said:

Difference is, Bobby is loaned for a week to help them out. 

If they bid for players we want rid of that’s different. Instead we’ve stepped in to help stop the top flight crumbling. A load of shite. 

Very good post.

Your point is the be all and end all when it comes to this betrayal and should be very revealing to all about what we have become. 

They had the chance to be one of us and they chose not to be.

They had the chance to hand us a moral victory and they shoved defeatism down our throats.

Do they really think they can turn a people, us, that have been so proud of the brave history of our team, into cowards? 

Well? Can they? Have they?  

I will say it again.

One poster on here was all over the place telling everyone that we had been turned into something he despised. Instead of listening, the cowards rounded on him.  What a bunch of cowards. 

He was right and all you cowards chased the truth away.  

There is only one answer that can be given for what they did this time. We can see that. If they try and shit us, we will know. Oh wait, they already have.

Watch this, next they will be telling us we have to move on.

I have never said a bad word about Robbie, not one. Quite the opposite. To keep it that way, I am saying no more. For now.

37 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I based my career on assuming that if you leave something long enough someone else will do it. 👍

And it it still doesn't get done, no-one notices and it didn't make a real difference, then your initial judgement was spot on.

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Doyle was a proper transfer, a proper save wages deal. Bobby was us helping St Liedown and the SPFL out of a hole. There’s a huge difference

He knows that.  He’s the biggest apologist I’ve ever seen.  Still kicking about telling folk if it wasn’t for injuries we would have finished third last year.  Utterly delusional and a fraud, like his hero Levein. 

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

And it it still doesn't get done, no-one notices and it didn't make a real difference, then your initial judgement was spot on.

Nine times out if ten that’s what happened. 😄

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

No question. Your absolutely spot on re backing her managers with cash 

that said, if she backs a manager, and who continually wastes money over a long period of time, she has to step in and stop it happening 

Whilst she did eventually the financial damage was already done at that point. We can make excuses for her all we want, but she failed miserably with this 

I guess when I hear anyone say that she has secured millions for the club, it’s a bit ironic when we see the same millions being wasted and under her tenure. That’s in the past but still happened under her remit and she has to take responsibility for that 

Definitely made mistakes. With the changes to football team and wage structure, and her stated aim to not bring in so many players, she's at least recognised it and is changing things.

Dagger Is Back
6 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

1. Sending a player on a short loan to a club with Covid cases is a stupid risk for no obvious significant benefit.

2. Helping the SPFL avoid the embarrassment of a team starting with an outfield player in goal is beyond belief after the way they treated us.

3.Helping a club which has voted to harm us twice and gloated over our predicament in the press and social media is stupid.

4.Insulting our own fans who bought into the "Only Hearts" campaign is a massive own goal.

Whoever sanctioned the decision should resign now before they do any more harm.

Well said. Yet another god awful decision from our Club 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

He knows that.  He’s the biggest apologist I’ve ever seen.  Still kicking about telling folk if it wasn’t for injuries we would have finished third last year.  Utterly delusional and a fraud, like his hero Levein. 

Last year? At no point during 2019/20 did we look like being in the tip 3.

2018/19 definitely. Possibly a cup win too. Levein is one of my heroes mind you. You got that right.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

What a slaver 😂😂😂

Here we have someone calling me a slaver because I know something they didn't know, and probably still don't know.

And he wanted to know why I didn't tell him.  :cornette:  

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Last year? At no point during 2019/20 did we look like being in the tip 3.

2018/19 definitely. Possibly a cup win too. Levein is one of my heroes mind you. You got that right.

Like I said, utterly delusional.  

last year you claimed we had the third best squad. 100%. 

Edited by Last Laff

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Definitely made mistakes. With the changes to football team and wage structure, and her stated aim to not bring in so many players, she's at least recognised it and is changing things.

You mean she’s finally acknowledging Levein was full of utter shit? 

Saying that Levein supports the Hearts and not from Paisley so he would have told St Mirren to FO too 👍

Edited by Last Laff

21 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What :rofl:

You grudge the kids a decent

breakfast ? 

It's organised by the clubs official charity Big Hearts. Many other clubs are involved in similar projects. 

Have you never seen the advert on TV with the children at Tannadice. 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You mean she’s finally acknowledging Levein was full of utter shit? 

Saying that Levein supports the Hearts and not from Paisley so he would have told St Mirren to FO too 👍

Levein is a wind-up merchant so he probably would have told them to do one, yeah. I thought that side of him was what people didn't like? Personally I liked it. Maybe he'll comment on it on Sportsound.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Like I said, utterly delusional.  

last year you claimed we had the third best squad. 100%. 

You don't think being on a fantastic run by end October and approaching a semi final vs Celtic more confident than I can remember means we could have finished 3rd and won the LC that season? OK. 

Before the last season I was optimistic like many of us. Not you obviously, definitely not you. We signed more firepower up front and experience and quality, on paper, in midfield. The lack of a new winger and creative mid was a concern though.  

I would have liked to have seen the players Levein signed play together for longer for sure, in both 18/19 and 19/20. Same as I hope half of Neilson's new signings don't get injured.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein is a wind-up merchant so he probably would have told them to do one, yeah. I thought that side of him was what people didn't like? Personally I liked it. Maybe he'll comment on it on Sportsound.

Nah I didn’t like the side of him being a shite football manager and thought he could run a football club when he didn’t have a clue personally 👍 

Thought sportsound was a anti-hmfc? 

part_time_jambo
49 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

What’s that dodgy fish that can kill you if you don’t cook it properly? Asking for a friend...

Shark?

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You don't think being on a fantastic run by end October and approaching a semi final vs Celtic more confident than I can remember means we could have finished 3rd and won the LC that season? OK. 

Before the last season I was optimistic like many of us. Not you obviously, definitely not you. We signed more firepower up front and experience and quality, on paper, in midfield. The lack of a new winger and creative mid was a concern though.  

I would have liked to have seen the players Levein signed play together for longer for sure, in both 18/19 and 19/20. Same as I hope half of Neilson's new signings don't get injured.

**** yeah, a fantastic two months.  George Burleyesq. Makes up for four years of utter shit and disaster signings. 

Im glad half or most of them are gone.  Utter pony manager.  Bet you’re backing Wighton this season and saying that boy from Dunfermline that went to the shite is not as good anyway. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Nah I didn’t like the side of him being a shite football manager and thought he could run a football club when he didn’t have a clue personally 👍 

Thought sportsound was a anti-hmfc? 

Don't worry about it

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

**** yeah, a fantastic two months.  George Burleyesq. Makes up for four years of utter shit and disaster signings. 

Im glad half or most of them are gone.  Utter pony manager.  Bet you’re backing Wighton this season and saying that boy from Dunfermline that went to the shite is not as good anyway. 

Seek help.

4 hours ago, gator said:

A day later I am still angry about the decision and reading through 20 pages of posts not one of the several that try to justify the decision is able to convince me otherwise, it in fact worries me going forward that we have not learned a thing and it will be business as usual! Building bridges, give me a break!

From what I've read on this this thread, there are very few posts which try to justify it and defend AB / RN  - maybe you're referring to the ones which aren't right at the top of the  angry scale ?     Somebody on here mentioned an angle which I hadn't considered - that the dialogue between the clubs when arranging the friendly match was linked in some way to them then  requesting Zlamal on loan for a week when they lost their keepers to quarantine.   None of us knows if thats true or not.    Either way,  we need to  realise that dialogue between professional  football managers is way removed from dialogue between fans like us on here - RN wanted match practice for the team  and needed to talk to clubs to find ones willing to oblige.  If you want to be angry because its St.Midden, then its RN you need to aim it at for arranging it with them.     Or better still, consider the effect on  your blood pressure.  😀 

10 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

From what I've read on this this thread, there are very few posts which try to justify it and defend AB / RN  - maybe you're referring to the ones which aren't right at the top of the  angry scale ?     Somebody on here mentioned an angle which I hadn't considered - that the dialogue between the clubs when arranging the friendly match was linked in some way to them then  requesting Zlamal on loan for a week when they lost their keepers to quarantine.   None of us knows if thats true or not.    Either way,  we need to  realise that dialogue between professional  football managers is way removed from dialogue between fans like us on here - RN wanted match practice for the team  and needed to talk to clubs to find ones willing to oblige.  If you want to be angry because its St.Midden, then its RN you need to aim it at for arranging it with them.     Or better still, consider the effect on  your blood pressure.  😀 

Thanks for the medical advice!

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

The people running the club just don't get it. Simple as that.

That’s exactly it, no more, no less, if that decision to help the scum out was put to a vote with the fans, I’m pretty sure 99% of us would have voted to let them stew in their own pish rather than helping them out, our club are weak as ****, and it’s pissed me off no ends! I really don’t want any diplomacy shite or building bridges shite, “Only Hearts” should mean “ONLY HEARTS”, absolute saps! 

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I would have loved them to knock it back and publish a statement saying that, but then how does that work with our relationship with St Mirren? Given we asked them for a friendly and they agreed. How would that play in our discussions with other teams to arrange friendlies, most of which were teams that shafted us. Only Hearts doesn't mean cutting off our nose to spite our face. I'm all for our social media "admin" to have a dig at them though if that'll keep people happy. And then the club can pretend to disapprove and get the Tweet taken down later, as St Mirren have done with their heartbreaker nonsense.

Behind the scenes I'm fine with the club acting in a professional way basically. And you have to admit none of this has benefited St Mirren in any way.

It benefited both St Mirren and the SPFL. 

The SPFL had dug themselves into a hole & St Mirren televised the game. 

New to this thread, and I haven't read all 23 pages... My thoughts are, does it help us as a club? and in some scenarios it could. For example, what if Robbie does not fancy Bobby, he would not be alone in that respect judging by some of the posts on here. He will be off the wage bill until January, maybe RN has his eye on a replacement, or maybe he is happy with the lad we signed from Livi as a back up for Gordon. Could the wages be the difference that allows RN to sign another player that he wants?

Its up to us as individuals to choose the actions that we feel appropriate, I wont be attending many away games for the foreseeable, but would not criticise others from going, in the same respect the club has to do what they think is the right decision for them.

23 minutes ago, iainmac said:

It benefited both St Mirren and the SPFL. 

The SPFL had dug themselves into a hole & St Mirren televised the game. 

I get that St Mirren got a benefit out of it From having a ‘real’ keeper but not sure what benefit the SPFL got as all they were interested in was the game going ahead, which it would have done regardless of who was in goals. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

New to this thread, and I haven't read all 23 pages... My thoughts are, does it help us as a club? and in some scenarios it could. For example, what if Robbie does not fancy Bobby, he would not be alone in that respect judging by some of the posts on here. He will be off the wage bill until January, maybe RN has his eye on a replacement, or maybe he is happy with the lad we signed from Livi as a back up for Gordon. Could the wages be the difference that allows RN to sign another player that he wants?

Its up to us as individuals to choose the actions that we feel appropriate, I wont be attending many away games for the foreseeable, but would not criticise others from going, in the same respect the club has to do what they think is the right decision for them.

It’s an emergency loan for a WEEK, so we’ve now put our back up to GK (to an injury prone GK) in harms way of injury or Covid and helped out the SPFL and a club that’s ridiculed us for months. No fee involved if rumours are true. Fans pissed off, “Only Hearts” out the window. Well done Neilson. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I get that St Mirren got a benefit out of it From having a ‘real’ keeper but not sure what benefit the SPFL got as all they were interested in was the game going ahead, which it would have done regardless of who was in goals. 

If they had to play an outfield player in goals, the SPFL would've been shown up all over Europe as the tinpot league that it actually is. 

18 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Off the wage bill until January? 

It's a 7 day loan. 

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

If they had to play an outfield player in goals, the SPFL would've been shown up all over Europe as the tinpot league that it actually is. 

I doubt it would much of a surprise to anyone in Europe. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Who else in Europe would have taken any notice or even cared ? No one gives a f...k about scottish football full stop !

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Probably not but we spared them that ignominy, hence a benefit to them. 

4 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well let the club know. I have no doubt they would try to rectify it.

Given the appointment of our new CEO maybe time JKB propose a Q and A with him to voice feeling/understand the direction/vision of the club. I’m sure JKB Admin have some clout to make it happen.

@Ethan Hunt We don't, but we can ask.  The Club has always been accommodating in the past so I'm optimistic that it could happen.  Let's give the man some time to get his feet wet first.

5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Probably not but we spared them that ignominy, hence a benefit to them. 

They might have got a wee slot on the national news in a few countries.  Sponsors would love that following the maxim of ‘no publicity is bad publicity’. People love a piece of quirky covid related news. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

They might have got a wee slot on the national news in a few countries.  Sponsors would love that following the maxim of ‘no publicity is bad publicity’. People love a piece of quirky covid related news. 

Oh well, now you've put it like that, I'll get the club to issue an apology to all those viewers we've disappointed.