No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

You think it's a leap that anyone from the club or their friends and family post on here?

It's even been alleged that some folk would parrot club lines in order to get a shot on the club lawnmower...

I know this Board is a different platform but

Hiya Judge! 

Hiya Bruce! 

One for the oldies. 😎

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Glamorgan Jambo

The thing with Zlamal is you don't know what you're going to get. On his day he can be as good a keeper as there is in Scotland. However he goes through periodic dips in form which is probably the main reason he's never held a consistent no 1 keeper slot throughout his career. Having said that we absolutely would not have been bottom of the league in March if he'd been between the sticks all season.

As for helping out St Mirren and deflecting from the ongoing double dealing and incompetence at the SPFL we've let them both off the hook big time. A tactical error and a misjudgement of the feelings of thousands of fans.

I do appreciate Goodwin's comments but the club is run by snakes like Fitzpatrick who won't hesitate to put the boot in again if it results in an additional 50p in revenue to St Midden.

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

You think it's a leap that anyone from the club or their friends and family post on here?

It's even been alleged that some folk would parrot club lines in order to get a shot on the club lawnmower...

I think people of many backgrounds and persuasions will post on many forums but generally their own views and opinions. We even get Heart supporter on here sometimes. 😎

Some seem to think that the club actively/deliberately gets people to plant views on here but we haven’t seen any evidence to confirm that since the Badger days. Some friends and family will and do post, as is their right. 

They didn’t even start up the tractor for me, by the way. 🥴

There’s a massive difference in attitude here unfortunately and only the club attitude will prevail.

1. The fan base do not want themselves or the club to engage in friendly relations with any club who voted us down or any of the football authorities, in fact they’d rather see the club stick a few knives in here and there.

2. The club take the view that it is better to have relationships with some clubs or build bridges, whatever you want to call it, so that we’re not isolated in the football community. The club are also not in the business of pissing of the football authorities as there’s only one winner there as has been proved.

I see both sides here, but the club aren’t going to engage in all out war with anyone, as much as we’d like them to. That’s a matter for us as a fan base to decide where we go with it.

5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Hiya Judge! 

Hiya Bruce! 

One for the oldies. 😎

They weren’t even good at it iirc. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think people of many backgrounds and persuasions will post on many forums but generally their own views and opinions. We even get Heart supporter on here sometimes. 😎

Some seem to think that the club actively/deliberately gets people to plant views on here but we haven’t seen any evidence to confirm that since the Badger days. Some friends and family will and do post, as is their right. 

I looked up the dictionary definition of "naive" and I found your post Dave. 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

There’s a massive difference in attitude here unfortunately and only the club attitude will prevail.

1. The fan base do not want themselves or the club to engage in friendly relations with any club who voted us down or any of the football authorities, in fact they’d rather see the club stick a few knives in here and there.

2. The club take the view that it is better to have relationships with some clubs or build bridges, whatever you want to call it, so that we’re not isolated in the football community. The club are also not in the business of pissing of the football authorities as there’s only one winner there as has been proved.

I see both sides here, but the club aren’t going to engage in all out war with anyone, as much as we’d like them to. That’s a matter for us as a fan base to decide where we go with it.

They might need to pretend better though I suppose 

10 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Dress it up however you like, but St Mirren were desperate and we helped them.

As for waiting until we have a sharp knife to stab them, I'd quite happily stab them with a blunt knife now, and a sharp broadsword when the opportunity arises.

Fair enough. I am not deliberately trying to provoke you or anyone else. I have tried to explain my point of view, as best I can.

It doesn’t mean that I absolutely despise that club - I have despised them for a good number of years, and always will.

In fact and aside from the vermin, I would will them to go bust, liquidise - anything. If it meant them disappearing off the face of the earth It would be well worth seeing that happen 

Just now, davemclaren said:

They weren’t even good at it iirc. 

But they existed - yes? 

You're very quick to assure me that none of  their ilk could possibly be lurking around this Board, trotting out club mantras, for example. 

Again, how can you be sure? 

Just now, iainmac said:

I looked up the dictionary definition of "naive" and I found your post Dave. 

Fair enough. You are, or have been, close to the centre of power than me though so you may well know better  😎

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Fair enough. I am not deliberately trying to provoke you or anyone else. I have tried to explain my point of view, as best I can.

It doesn’t mean that I absolutely despise that club - I have despised them for a good number of years, and always will.

In fact and aside from the vermin, I would will them to go bust, liquidise - anything. If it meant them disappearing off the face of the earth It would be well worth seeing that happen 

👍 All good.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Fair enough. You are, or have been, close to the centre of power than me though so you may well know better  😎

In what way? 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Hopefully this won’t be the case. 

However if it is to be the case he has another opportunity and to make sure that it doesn’t happen again 

I really don’t think RN will play Zlamal at all as I don’t think he rates him hence his comments re HS and signing another back up keeper from Livi 

If, and I hope to god it’s a big if, that if CG is injured and Zlamal has to play, that he would have some games under his belt and at that particular point 

He might not play another game though, he’s useless either way. The guy from Livi is their third choice, he’s our third choice until Stone gets fit. The Hibs players would get a boost from that, him playing three games now, losing over ten goals and then not playing again isn’t helping us one bit. 

Just now, iainmac said:

But they existed - yes? 

You're very quick to assure me that none of  their ilk could possibly be lurking around this Board, trotting out club mantras, for example. 

Again, how can you be sure? 

I never said I was sure, I said we have no evidence. Anyone can register on here so it’s entirely possible that we haveThe internet is full of people not being what they say.  I do think it can used as a convenient excuse that can be used to try to undermine people at times though.  

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

In what way? 

In the way I said. You have, or had, involvent with FoH, G7 etc.. so you may well know more about any social media activity FoH or the club undertake. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We should wrap him in cotton wool so that he’s at his peak. Regardless of the St Mirren issue a goalkeeper getting some competitive game time isn’t a negative. 

Yeah losing over ten goals, possibly catching Covid or getting injured, passing it on, having to possibly play Hibs again after not having another game for 7 weeks it’s all rosey in the garden. There are no positives apart from their GKs in this story. 

I never said I was sure, I said we have no evidence. Anyone can register on here so it’s entirely possible that we haveThe internet is full of people not being what they say.  I do think it can used as a convenient excuse that can be used to try to undermine people at times though.  

Thanks for acknowledging. 

Have a look at the posts I'm talking about and let me know who is trying to undermine who. 

I posted. 

"Off the books until January?

It's a 7 day loan" 

These are facts. Over to you. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He might not play another game though, he’s useless either way. The guy from Livi is their third choice, he’s our third choice until Stone gets fit. The Hibs players would get a boost from that, him playing three games now, losing over ten goals and then not playing again isn’t helping us one bit. 

He is useless mate which is why I really don’t care about the loan.  If we have to play him at Hampden ... Well, let’s just hope that won’t be the case 

In the way I said. You have, or had, involvent with FoH, G7 etc.. so you may well know more about any social media activity FoH or the club undertake. 

I was involved with Save Our Hearts and have been a volunteer for the Foundation of Hearts. 

If that puts me "close to the centre of power", I'm gobsmacked. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah losing over ten goals, possibly catching Covid or getting injured, passing it on, having to possibly play Hibs again after not having another game for 7 weeks it’s all rosey in the garden. There are no positives apart from their GKs in this story. 

He could get Covid or injured training or playing friendlies as well. I still think playing some competitive games is better than not playing them for a player.

Whether that’s worth the resulting fallout is another matter. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

He is useless mate which is why I really don’t care about the loan.  If we have to play him at Hampden ... Well, let’s just hope that won’t be the case 

Worst case scenario, to me it’s more helping them and the SPFL out, they would’ve got pumped anyway. 

Just now, iainmac said:

I was involved with Save Our Hearts and have been a volunteer for the Foundation of Hearts. 

If that puts me "close to the centre of power", I'm gobsmacked. 

I said it puts you closer than me, so you might have a better insight. 

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Some people seem to support every decision the club has ever made, does make you wonder.

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

:seething:

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I said it puts you closer than me, so you might have a better insight. 

When was the last time you spoke to the club? The amount of money JKB puts in - you must be "closer to the centre of power" than I ever was? 😎

I admire you're attempt at deflecting from the club shills though. 

Edited by iainmac

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Worst case scenario, to me it’s more helping them and the SPFL out, they would’ve got pumped anyway. 

look what the SPFL managed to get away with and in terms of us - and the subsequent lack of any intervention from any where or any one 

We wouldn’t have damaged the SPFL as much as we would like to think we would have. They are too corrupt to allow anything to happen to them, least of all being accountable for anything, including their own actions. We should all know that by now. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

look what the SPFL managed to get away with and in terms of us - and the subsequent lack of any intervention from any where or any one 

We wouldn’t have damaged the SPFL as much as we would like to think we would have. They are too corrupt to allow anything to happen to them, least of all being accountable for anything, including their own actions. We should all know that by now. 

It wouldn’t have caused much of a problem, forcing them to play without three GKs is a joke. But we still helped them, if as a club we haven’t learnt that we have to stand up to them at every opportunity when will we? It’s like they given up, let’s just do as they ask and build bridges that were burnt from underneath us. Soft and defeatist, we’ve hired a manager and a CEO mired in this shit show who will play along and be willing lapdogs, it goes against everything the fans have asked for this summer. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, iainmac said:

When was the last time you spoke to the club? 

I have quite a bit of transactional contact re stuff to do with sponsorships, tickets etc...  Graeme Pacitti phoned me at the weekend re something we might run in the future for members on here. 

I have quite a bit of transactional contact re stuff to do with sponsorships, tickets etc...  Graeme Pacitti phoned me at the weekend re something we might run in the future for members on here. 

There you are then! 

Just now, davemclaren said:

There I am what? 😄

Well Dave, one of us has a relationship with the club, and will want to protect that, and the other one is me. 

Your attempt to. Paint ME as being "closer to the centre of power" would appear to gave backfired somewhat. 

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Well Dave, one of us has a relationship with the club, and will want to protect that, and the other one is me. 

Your attempt to. Paint ME as being "closer to the centre of power" would appear to gave backfired somewhat. 

Fair enough. Personally, I think you are doing yourself down as a Hearts mover and shaker but there you go, your modesty is admirable. 😄

I wasn’t attempting to particularly paint you anywhere but was suggesting you might know more about what goes on re 

club/foh social media activity than me due to your previous involvements. 

We definitely missed a trick here , we should have knocked  St Mirren back on Saturday morning , forcing them to play a 40 year old coach or an outfield player in goals . 

That would have made the news and showed up Scottish Football for the farce it is . By helping out St Mirren we helped out the Spfl , that's what's annoying me .

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Fair enough. Personally, I think you are doing yourself down as a Hearts mover and shaker but there you go, your modesty is admirable. 😄

I wasn’t attempting to particularly paint you anywhere but was suggesting you might know more about what goes on re 

club/foh social media activity than me due to your previous involvements. 

My activism days are over but I'll always be prepared to call out the club when I think they've got things wrong -  ask Chris Robinson -  and they've got it spectacularly wrong here. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It wouldn’t have caused much of a problem, forcing them to play without three GKs is a joke. But we still helped them, if as a club we haven’t learnt that we have to stand up to them at every opportunity when will we? It’s like they given up, let’s just do as they ask and build bridges that were burnt from underneath us. Soft and defeatist, we’ve hired a manager and a CEO mired in this shit show who will play along and be willing lapdogs, it goes against everything the fans have asked for this summer. 

And put us on the wrong side of every contestable decision that may happen in the future ? 

I always knew and after our resultant “expulsion” that the course of action that the fans and supporters of the club would take, wouldn’t necessarily be the same course of action that the club would take. 

As you said, the bridges are already burned and we had the feet taken from us ,immorally and unethically. I have seen it for years - especially with referees and more often than not, we are on the right side when it comes to unjust actions taken against us. Until the SPFL and the fat cats who worship the OF and their fat salaries are taken out, this will always be the case 

I pray that every single fan boycotts these same clubs, and gives them no revenue opportunities. LBH it’s the only thing that will really hurt these greedy b....... who run the same clubs 

if this was a decision made to loan out Zlamal as Neilson has publicly said, and to give him some game time, then I have no issue with that.

If Neilson publicly said to the contrary but privately felt sorry for Goodwin and felt he had to step in to “help” him, and his shitehouse Of a club, then RN can GTF as far as I am concerned 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Interesting that Hearts haven’t tweeted for two days now. Me thinks they are trying to let this blow over.

Undoubtedly. 

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

My activism days are over but I'll always be prepared to call out the club when I think they've got things wrong -  ask Chris Robinson -  and they've got it spectacularly wrong here. 

I don’t believe I suggested you wouldn’t do that. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Well put.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

They might need to pretend better though I suppose 

And also true because it may otherwise lead to Option 3: the fans fighting with the club.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

And put us on the wrong side of every contestable decision that may happen in the future ? 

I always knew and after our resultant “expulsion” that the course of action that the fans and supporters of the club would take, wouldn’t necessarily be the same course of action that the club would take. 

As you said, the bridges are already burned and we had the feet taken from us ,immorally and unethically. I have seen it for years - especially with referees and more often than not, we are on the right side when it comes to unjust actions taken against us. Until the SPFL and the fat cats who worship the OF and their fat salaries are taken out, this will always be the case 

I pray that every single fan boycotts these same clubs, and gives them no revenue opportunities. LBH it’s the only thing that will really hurt these greedy b....... who run the same clubs 

if this was a decision made to loan out Zlamal as Neilson has publicly said, and to give him some game time, then I have no issue with that.

If Neilson publicly said to the contrary but privately felt sorry for Goodwin and felt he had to step in to “help” him, and his shitehouse Of a club, then RN can GTF as far as I am concerned 

Unless we get rid of this love in with the uglies it won’t ever end, as you say we’re already on the wrong end of decisions ever since Vlad came and wanted to challenge the duopoly. Unfortunately we now have a manager and CEO who are a part of that group. 
We’ve taken a risk sending him there, and annoyed a lot of fans, I just don’t think it’s been worth it. 

I understand peoples feeling, but the vote to end the league was a business decision, which we would have taken in their position too.  Loaning them Bobby is football decision, 2 decisions taken for very different reasons.

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unless we get rid of this love in with the uglies it won’t ever end, as you say we’re already on the wrong end of decisions ever since Vlad came and wanted to challenge the duopoly. Unfortunately we now have a manager and CEO who are a part of that group. 
We’ve taken a risk sending him there, and annoyed a lot of fans, I just don’t think it’s been worth it. 

Yup. Say what you want about Vlad, but he could create a fight in an empty house. Even better he concentrated and let rip on the OF and the media, at every given opportunity. For all his faults and negatives there were also a lot of positives , and he had the ability to create a siege mentality - something that we haven’t had since 

AB hasn’t got it in her and won’t change or go to the same lengths that the fans are prepared to go to, and for full on retribution - in the way that the fans wanted and expected it to happen.

I think we all knew that - deep down 

It was only a matter of time in that the “how far are you prepared to go”? Was really going to be challenged 

26 minutes ago, Big Doug said:

I understand peoples feeling, but the vote to end the league was a business decision, which we would have taken in their position too.  Loaning them Bobby is football decision, 2 decisions taken for very different reasons.

The vote to end the league was done to suit Celtic. The reason St Mirrens  games were not postponed because they had no keepers available due to the virus was once again to suit Celtic. Recurring themes with everything that goes on with the SPFL.

Edited by Deevers

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Yup. Say what you want about Vlad, but he could create a fight in an empty house. Even better he concentrated and let rip on the OF and the media, at every given opportunity. For all his faults and negatives there were also a lot of positives , and he had the ability to create a siege mentality - something that we haven’t had since 

AB hasn’t got it in her and won’t change or go to the same lengths that the fans are prepared to go to, and for full on retribution - in the way that the fans wanted and expected it to happen.

I think we all knew that - deep down 

It was only a matter of time in that the “how far are you prepared to go”? Was really going to be challenged 

Absolutely. I would’ve preferred a real ***** in the CEO chair and dug out tbh. Can’t stand Dempster and I don’t think she’s that good at her job but she will make the tough decisions when necessary and not give a ****. I think if we had a manager who fed into the siege mentality it could’ve really galvanised the support and healed the rifts opened up over the last few years, ironically since around when we lost to Hibs and they won the cup. 

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The vote to end the league was done to suit Celtic. The reason St Mirrens  games were not postponed because they had no keepers available due to the virus was once again to suit Celtic. Recurring themes with everything that goes on with the SPFL.

Bang on. Award the title to Septic when their counterparts could still have caught them, and bang us down a division, to try and at least look consistent, but privately delight in ten in a row still being on the cards. Objective achieved. 

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

liquidise, ha ha, 😀.

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Hiya Judge! 

Hiya Bruce! 

One for the oldies. 😎

:biggrin:

At least one is still around.  :thumb:

5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

😎

Crazy times ML. 

Iain, the sooner the football starts up again the better.  Then we can have something substantive to get pissed off about. :wink:

3 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

The “benefit” is apparently to give bobby game time. 

But as those sticking up for this latest piece of arseholery from the club are claiming, he’s a totally shit keeper and probably won’t play for us again and therefore the loan doesn’t matter. So presumably it’s an irrelevance whether or not he gets game time. No real benefit to us.

The real winners from this whole sorry episode are the corrupt organisation which stuck us in the second tier a matter of weeks ago. That’s the most galling thing.