No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

The club has spent the past two months promoting 'only hearts', then bent over to st mirren at first opportunity.  

This is the aspect that enrages most of us. It makes Only Hearts look like little more than a marketing ploy as far as the club are concerned. I wonder how long they will stay silent over this and hope that the anger eventually blows its self out. Someone at the club actually needs to come out and admit that this may well have been an error of judgement. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

Hes there for a week. Not sure on wages but plenty chat they are paying f all. 🙈

I did say I didn't know the terms. If it is really just a week, then I guess it is a favour banked, and St Mirren's vote for having promotions this season is in the bag! It better be in the frickin loan agreement! LOL

1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

garbage reply from someone who started a garbage thread designed to be divisive. 

People just not seeing the bigger picture. I can understand that there is a lot of anger though people want teams to get their comeuppance for our previous treatment. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

garbage reply from someone who started a garbage thread designed to be divisive. 

Don't think it's a garbage thread with the response but if you think so don't look or reply to it simples

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I did say I didn't know the terms. If it is really just a week, then I guess it is a favour banked, and St Mirren's vote for having promotions this season is in the bag! It better be in the frickin loan agreement! LOL

Players for votes I could get on board with. 🤣. 'Doing favours' for Jim Goodwin, not so much.

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

People just not seeing the bigger picture. I can understand that there is a lot of anger though people want teams to get their comeuppance for our previous treatment. 

Wondered how long it would be before “the bigger picture” made a reappearance. If I have learned anything at all from Kickback over the last five years, it’s that the wannabe clairvoyants who saw the bigger picture could actually see **** all.

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

If they are anywhere near the bottom spot as they no doubt will be, i have no doubt how they will vote. 

6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Do you honestly think that these ***** from Paisley could be trusted to do anything other than lie down to their heroes? 

Where have you been since 1986?

Ex member of the SaS

Heard a rumour this was down to Neilson and JJ. if so then I hope they get the message it's not what the fans want. As it's fans who pay their wages they need to take more notice of the fans feelings.

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

17 pages of pure rage over nothing at all. Maybe it's just my age but really really struggling to get even mildly annoyed at this news. 

Nae bother Ann. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

17 pages of pure rage over nothing at all. Maybe it's just my age but really really struggling to get even mildly annoyed at this news. 

Age does tend to mellow one, however this is not so much about loaning a player, more about the club not understanding how the fans feel. If a club that has such a strong fan base that contribute thousands every month and is basically fan owned then the board need to wake up to how the fans would react to dealing with clubs and the SPFL after what went on last season.

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Nae bother Ann. 

The sort of juvenile response I expected from someone spitting the dummy. Pile in with more juvenile shite as I've got some sun to soak in. Enjoy your day of rage 

10 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Do you honestly think that these ***** from Paisley could be trusted to do anything other than lie down to their heroes? 

Where have you been since 1986?

:notsure:

1 hour ago, David Black said:

Not disagreeing with your sentiments ,but the club can still be seen to be acting in a professional manner whilst at the same time giving a polite NO to St.Mirren. We were under no obligation to loan Zlamal.

I was not for helping st liedown in the slightest and agree with you, however, we are continually acting professionally while (indirectly) highlighting a club that is being shafted by the SPFL yet again (while other clubs were afforded a ‘pause’ in scheduling)... and at the same time, it’s a club that was royally shafted by the same SPFL (ie. us) that has to step in to ensure a bit of fairness. One day the penny will drop for these tinpots!

FTSPFL FSM FTH

Edited by Rogue Daddy

8 minutes ago, leginten said:

Wondered how long it would be before “the bigger picture” made a reappearance. If I have learned anything at all from Kickback over the last five years, it’s that the wannabe clairvoyants who saw the bigger picture could actually see **** all.

Maybe people just look beyond the anger and apply simple logic to situations. 

Not one compliant not one mention of only Hearts relating to the St Mirren friendly where was the howls of derision then? 

Who do you think benefitted most from the game? I think you prefer to trade insults so so I will spell it out for you HEARTS gained from that friendly. The situation has arisen for us to reciprocate we did. End of story folk are dying to make a bigger issue of this I am putting it down to the boredom of having no games. 

24 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Hilarious isn't it. Although I'd argue it's more IQ than age related 😂

4 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

Hilarious isn't it. Although I'd argue it's more IQ than age related 😂

If you're going to make comments about the intelligence of other posters, posing a question without a question mark is not a good start mate.

21 minutes ago, Rods said:

Not one compliant not one mention of only Hearts relating to the St Mirren friendly where was the howls of derision then? 

Indeed. Cause hearts benefit.   Its bending over and doing favours for jim goodwin that im not happy about.

Geoff Kilpatrick
56 minutes ago, Rods said:

They both are related. 

Who do you think needed the friendly more Hearts or St Mirren? I would say Hearts needed it badly.  St Mirren have then asked us to reciprocate and we have done so end of story. 

:laugh:

Yes, St Bribery were just waiting on a Covid outbreak affecting their goalkeepers for us to "reciprocate"!

23 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Heard a rumour this was down to Neilson and JJ. if so then I hope they get the message it's not what the fans want. As it's fans who pay their wages they need to take more notice of the fans feelings.

If it's down to RN it's a terrible decision and he needs to GTF. 😱

If it's down to JJ then that's different 😁

What's wrong with folk these days I didn't agree with the decision but ffs 17 (and counting) pages of rage for what the manager probably perceived to be a run of the mill football decision. 

We can't go on hating, time to concentrate on getting back to where we should be. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The sooner Phoodle, Budge and all her cronies are gone the better.

I’m indifferent about Neilson. He should be able to do a job again in this league but the appointment felt like Budge reaching for another comfort blanket and avoiding the challenge of recruiting a good manager herself. Her knowledge has been exposed time and again.

The ethos she’s created is all wrong. Don’t get me wrong, you couldn’t find a more decent, accommodating owner but this is competitive sport and she aspires to very little in a sporting sense. That attitude has seeped through Hearts from top to bottom and is now endemic.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:laugh:

Yes, St Bribery were just waiting on a Covid outbreak affecting their goalkeepers for us to "reciprocate"!

Yeh cause Hearts forced 3 St Mirren goalkeepers to get covid so we could suck up to them. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

If it's down to RN it's a terrible decision and he needs to GTF. 😱

If it's down to JJ then that's different 😁

What's wrong with folk these days I didn't agree with the decision but ffs 17 (and counting) pages of rage for what the manager probably perceived to be a run of the mill football decision. 

We can't go on hating, time to concentrate on getting back to where we should be. 

The list of terrible decisions made by this regime is endless. After every single one, someone on here (you in this instance) says ‘never mind, move on and concentrate on something by else.’

At what stage does the rap sheet become too long? At why stage to the management get taken to task?

The running or our club is nowhere near good enough when set against the amount of money we as fans throw in. Nowhere near.

6 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Indeed. Cause hearts benefit.   Its bending over and doing favours for jim goodwin that im not happy about.

I hate St Mirren and was initially suprised when they played us a few weeks back. They did not know at that point they would need or help things have worked out that way. The way folk are acting it was like we have helped them escape relegation. It’s just a shame they lost to Hibs I was hoping Zlamal would play well(more fool me) 

24 minutes ago, Rods said:

Maybe people just look beyond the anger and apply simple logic to situations. 

Who do you think benefitted most from the game? I think you prefer to trade insults so so I will spell it out for you HEARTS gained from that friendly. The situation has arisen for us to reciprocate we did. End of story folk are dying to make a bigger issue of this I am putting it down to the boredom of having no games. 

Maybe you need to look at the “bigger picture”. Helping the odious St Mirren out of a hole is the least of it. The bigger issue is that we have, for no obvious reason, dug the SPFL out of a crater - that’s the organisation which, along with Ann Budge and Craig Levein, has ensured that we’re currently in the disastrous situation of being in the second tier without any matches to play.

In so doing, the club has quite obviously alienated a large number of supporters and also rendered the “Only Hearts” idea completely meaningless at a stroke, while at the same time reinforcing the impression that our decision-makers really haven’t got a clue.

A nice couple of minutes’ work by whoever took the decision.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, JohnB said:

The thought of fans owning and running the club was coursing through my mind. Thankfully I'm on a good anti-depressive. 

Yes, I have nightmares about us ending up in the Championship after Budge leaves

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If he plays for us now when he returns we cannot move him on in January. How is that beneficial?

Very true, but this would also compound the theory that he probably won’t play for us again. Signing CG and having HS as back up along with signing the big keeper from Livi would suggest as much. 

18Jambo_dave74

People talking about building bridges, not being petty and how we act with integrity etc - fair enough if that’s your viewpoint. I don’t understand how saying to St Mirren “sorry but no - we are still assessing our options in the goalkeeping department therefore cannot let Zlamal go on loan at this time, particularly as Gordon has been carrying an injury” goes against any of that. 

Whilst that is the polite version of what we should say to them, I don’t see how that is a problem.

This is a decision that has infuriated a lot of the Hearts support. Either those involved with making the decision didn’t know this would happen (stupid/naive) or they knew and didn’t care. Surely they must have known how fractured and broken a lot of the support was under Levein/ Stendel. The last 6 months has brought everyone back together - why risk that for a week long loan deal for our backup goalie?!

Obviously over time we will deal with St Mirren again although my hope was that it will only be when the circumstances are really in our favour. Let’s make no mistake here, if St Mirren were unable to get an emergency loan they were going to play their goalie coach or an outfield player - they were desperate for help. This was not the time for us to be helping them.

Ive also read posts about us giving an olive branch to other sides. I tend to find it’s not the party that have been wronged that should be giving out the olive branches.

I’m particularly annoyed at the departure from “Only Hearts” pretty much immediately. Seemed to suit the club when they weren’t offering refunds for missed games last season, asking for season tickets for a 27 game season, asking to maintain/increase FOH pledges, spending money in the shop, spending money in the restaurant etc. 

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

3 minutes ago, JohnB said:

The thought of fans owning and running the club was coursing through my mind. Thankfully I'm on a good anti-depressive. 

Who's owning and running it now, pray tell? 

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The list of terrible decisions made by this regime is endless. After every single one, someone on here (you in this instance) says ‘never mind, move on and concentrate on something by else.’

At what stage does the rap sheet become too long? At why stage to the management get taken to task?

The running or our club is nowhere near good enough when set against the amount of money we as fans throw in. Nowhere near.

What do you propose gets done about it then ?

Toxteth O'Grady
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’m indifferent about Neilson. He should be able to do a job again in this league but the appointment felt like Budge reaching for another comfort blanket and avoiding the challenge of recruiting a good manager herself. Her knowledge has been exposed time and again.

The ethos she’s created is all wrong. Don’t get me wrong, you couldn’t find a more decent, accommodating owner but this is competitive sport and she aspires to very little in a sporting sense. That attitude has seeped through Hearts from top to bottom and is now endemic.

Yes Neilson was exactly that - a familiar comfort blanket to replace CL.

The club as a whole has become a reflection of the owner. 

A soft friendly old lady that doesn't seem too bothered about the competitive side of football and more concerned about the club having a nice image.

Change at the top is needed now IMO

I would just like to share Jim Goodwin’s quote from yesterday about what he felt was a ridiculous decision to force St Liedown to play:

”Because of the pandemic, you are looking for leadership and compassion”

This really makes my blood boil. The same people who put the knife into us and showed no compassion, have the toys out the pram when they are disadvantaged. And it is only one game, while we were ejected before the end of the season. 

This is the same club that said on more than one occasion we deserved to be relegated, despite the season before St Liedown being 4pts adrift at the same point. 

We as fans are furious at the way we have been treated and I would say are furious again that we are now in any way helping out these same people. Should not have even answered the phone Robbie. 

A bad start for Robbie I’m afraid and we’ve not even kicked a ball yet. 

2 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

I'm not sure that loaning Bobby could really be construed as helping. Quite the opposite, in fact. St MIrren conceded three goals. Frankly, I'm happy with us giving that sort of "help" to rivals.

Very good post !!    It's not our fault if another club felt that Zlamal was the best option to fill in for their quarantined keepers - and we avoid being seen as petty with a grudge.   

So it's nice karma to see a leading dispenser of medicine like Goodwin mumping and moaning at the SPFL for not postponing the match - which he probably  wouldn't have complained about if his team had won.    Enjoy your medicine, Jim - especially this week against your big cousins who run the organisation you're complaining about.   😉

I can only assume that there's something we're not seeing or being told. 

Surely those in charge can't be naïve enough not to appreciate how this would go down.

Maybe they aren't in a position just now to explain what it is that we'd all like to know...what's in it for us?

Game time for Bobby sounds a bit of a lame excuse to me. If that's all that it is then put me on the 'bad decision' side of the fence.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What do you propose gets done about it then ?

I’ve been saying for well over a year that Budge needs to go completely, and so does anyone in a senior position who believes she is right for the job. The CEO we’ve appointed, and Neilson - those are Budge appointments, let’s be honest. It doesn’t give us a new broom.

Our scouting and recruitment has been pitiful and while I accept that we can’t just sack or replace everyone overnight, Budge’s refusal to address or delay in addressing our very obvious problems wasted months on end and came with the consequence of us being bottom of the league.

It’s truly incredible how many supporters are satisfied with the regime. I’m utterly baffled by the support they get. I’m not saying nothing good has happened under Budge - I see the big rise in revenue - but let’s be honest, Romanov’s wasn’t a particularly difficult commercial model to beat. The new stand is great too but we’ve overspent/under-costed that project massively.

On 12/09/2020 at 12:45, davemclaren said:

‘Only Hearts’ is a (good ) slogan with no defined detail/rules behind it. I take it as meaning only do what is in the club’s best interest. However, that is pretty subjective though and you will rarely get 100% agreement around whether a particular action is in line with that. 

I asked another poster this. What’s the point of the slogan if it doesn’t represent anything at all different from what other clubs do, i.e. what is in the club’s best interest?

I realise we now have a fairly long tradition of empty words. I was just hoping “Only Hearts” weren’t two more.

Edited by leginten

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Budge has already tried the charm offensive with the SPFL and Hibs - they laughed in our face and shit on us at the first opportunity!

Agreed.

But we have to pick our fights. We cannot spend the next few years, or more, constantly battling with these people. Maybe we just need to be as two faced and deceitful towards them as they have been to us. There will be bigger and more important issues to dig our heels in about.

The Hibs relationship, ongoing, is a far more important battleground. They have openly helped cause us damage whilst making out we had some kind of mutually  cooperative arrangement. They have tried to damage us, as a local and far more immediate rival than the likes of St Mirren.

Aberdeen, are also a more direct rival, who were also happy to kick us as we compete with them for players. Happily enough, their pinching Craig Bryson from us didn’t work out well.

Toxteth O'Grady
6 minutes ago, leginten said:

I asked another poster this. What’s the point of the slogan if it doesn’t represent anything at all different from what other clubs do, i.e. what is in the club’s best interest?

I realise we now have a fairly long tradition of empty words. I was just hoping “Only Hearts” weren’t two more.

Maybe it meant - Only Hearts could shoot ourselves in the foot

32 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You and Toxteth have pretty much summed up my feelings about the club over the last few years.

We desperately need an injection of mean and nasty. Providing St Mirren and the SPFL with a massive get-out is not a promising start.

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I’ve been saying for well over a year that Budge needs to go completely, and so does anyone in a senior position who believes she is right for the job. The CEO we’ve appointed, and Neilson - those are Budge appointments, let’s be honest. It doesn’t give us a new broom.

Our scouting and recruitment has been pitiful and while I accept that we can’t just sack or replace everyone overnight, Budge’s refusal to address or delay in addressing our very obvious problems wasted months on end and came with the consequence of us being bottom of the league.

It’s truly incredible how many supporters are satisfied with the regime. I’m utterly baffled by the support they get. I’m not saying nothing good has happened under Budge - I see the big rise in revenue - but let’s be honest, Romanov’s wasn’t a particularly difficult commercial model to beat. The new stand is great too but we’ve overspent/under-costed that project massively.

You do realise that the responsibility for appointing staff and board members will pass to FoH at some stage soon ?  As I've tried to explain a few pages back, the current anger about the Zlamal loan will pale into insignificance compared to future controversies where big numbers of fans (FoH members) disagree strongly with decisions taken (or not taken) by the FoH appointed board.

4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Agreed.

But we have to pick our fights. We cannot spend the next few years, or more, constantly battling with these people. Maybe we just need to be as two faced and deceitful towards them as they have been to us. There will be bigger and more important issues to dig our heels in about.

The Hibs relationship, ongoing, is a far more important battleground. They have openly helped cause us damage whilst making out we had some kind of mutually  cooperative arrangement. They have tried to damage us, as a local and far more immediate rival than the likes of St Mirren.

Aberdeen, are also a more direct rival, who were also happy to kick us as we compete with them for players. Happily enough, their pinching Craig Bryson from us didn’t work out well.

We didn't have to "battle" with anybody here.. 

All we had to say was "no."

They could have dressed it up if they wanted to by saying "Craig Gordon is carrying an injury", if they so wished. 

But "battle" is being a bit melodramatic in this instance. 

15 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I would just like to share Jim Goodwin’s quote from yesterday about what he felt was a ridiculous decision to force St Liedown to play:

This really makes my blood boil. The same people who put the knife into us and showed no compassion, have the toys out the pram when they are disadvantaged. And it is only one game, while we were ejected before the end of the season. 

This is the same club that said on more than one occasion we deserved to be relegated, despite the season before St Liedown being 4pts adrift at the same point. 

We as fans are furious at the way we have been treated and I would say are furious again that we are now in any way helping out these same people. Should not have even answered the phone Robbie. 

Goodwin and St Mirren got the same consideration from the SPFL as we did. None.

They play Celtic during the week in a match which Celtic cannot have postponed again, for reasons of fixture congestion later. That will be the reason that St Mirren were being told to play on without a fit goalkeeper. They wouldn’t have had that game to play if a Celtic player hadn’t broken guidelines and caused the postponement. But no punishment for Celtic.

21 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

T