No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

MarkDevriesScores4
Just now, davemclaren said:

Doesn’t mean it’s free though. I took the favour to be to agree the loan at such short notice. 

I know it’s not a good source but it’s all over Twitter that we are receiving nowt. I don’t know for sure but it wouldn’t surprise me 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

At last somebody gets it.

We've given them a shite keeper who will probably be, at best, 3rd choice and who hasn't played a game for 6 months

I'd hardly call that "doing them a favour"

I just don't understand the anger and the "The club have betrayed the fans" pant wetting that is going on over this 

There is a bit of me that thinks that there will come a point in time when we can really have a real opportunity to hurt clubs like St Midden. Vengeance hath no fury and all that 

Until that we play our cards close to our chest, keep our friends close, and our enemies closer. Having the element of surprise and not showing our hand and by giving the game away, by not releasing Zlamal, Could in a sense, scupper a real opportunity to really hurt them in the future, and if it presents itself - especially if their guard is down 

Nothing wrong with playing the long game 

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

I know it’s not a good source but it’s all over Twitter that we are receiving nowt. I don’t know for sure but it wouldn’t surprise me 

So in other words, its utter bollocks posted by bellends who know nothing?

It would certainly surprise me in that I’ve never heard of anyone getting a player loan for free before, especially when we were in a pretty strong bargaining position

given the situation.

4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

There is a bit of me that thinks that there will come a point in time when we can really have a real opportunity to hurt clubs like St Midden. Vengeance hath no fury and all that 

Until that we play our cards close to our chest, keep our friends close, and our enemies closer. Having the element of surprise and not showing our hand and by giving the game away, by not releasing Zlamal, Could in a sense, scupper a real opportunity to really hurt them in the future, and if it presents itself - especially if their guard is down 

Be nice if that was the case. What worries me is that the “long game”  now is just doing anything that will get us back into everyone’s good books.

Edited by Deevers

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It would certainly surprise me in that I’ve never heard of anyone getting a player loan for free before, especially when we were in a pretty strong bargaining position

given the situation.

St Mirren don’t have 2 pennies to rub together. Hardly a strong bargaining position when the club we’re dealing with are struggling to pay their own staff never mind someone else’s 

Edited by MarkDevriesScores4

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Be nice if that was the case. What worries me is that the “long game”  now is just doing anything that will get us back into everyone’s good books.

I’ll tell you something for nothing. Call me naive if u want, but I am hoping that what I just said Is exactly the same strategy that the club, and from the top down, is employing

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

That would be a worry and hopefully not the case. I see it more that Robbie needs a good relationship with fellow managers and complete agree with him. Working with these people is a big part role and I don’t think he can allow things to get too personal it will hinder his job. 

St Mirren don’t have 2 pennies to run together. Hardly a strong bargaining position when the club we’re dealing with are struggling to pay their own staff never mind someone else’s 

Are they? They have signed players recently so can’t be that skint. I would still be extremely surprised if they paid nothing but neither of us can conjure up any convincing evidence either way as yet. 

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

That would be a worry and hopefully not the case. I see it more that Robbie needs a good relationship with fellow managers and complete agree with him. Working with these people is a big part role and I don’t think he can allow things to get too personal it will hinder his job. 

How is working with other managers part of his role at Hearts? 

11 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Why would that be a worry ?

Saving an opportunity for another day by not letting on that we will play hardball when the time is right. What’s so wrong about that. ?

What isnt right is anyone anyone at the club just forgetting what these same clubs done to us, least of all our board, CEO and Manager, and then actively trying to build relationships at every given opportunity 

Hopefully this is the case 

34 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

:rofl:

Could you explain how this works?

1 minute ago, fancy a brew said:

2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

They think (stupidly) that they can rely on us for help or assistance at some point in the future 

But they really canny 😀

Does that explain 🤷‍♂️

They think (stupidly) that they can rely on us for help or assistance at some point in the future 

But they really canny 😀

Does that explain 🤷‍♂️

Like loaning a keeper so they don’t have to play an outfield player with the added bonus of making the SPFL look like a bunch of idiots? 

49 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Appreciate your views but spare me the bit in bold. We have been hearing this for years as we meekly fold at every opportunity, all in the name of some mythical “long game”. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Like loaning a keeper so they don’t have to play an outfield player with the added bonus of making the SPFL look like a bunch of idiots? 

DL - And what exactly would it achieve - in all honesty ?

If as a result of that happening, and if heads would roll at the SPFL, I’ll reverse what I am saying right now 

The reality is that nothing would happen - nothing different anyway - the same incumbent arseholes would keep their jobs, and their fat pay checks to boot 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Appreciate your views but spare me the bit in bold. We have been hearing this for years as we meekly fold at every opportunity, all in the name of some mythical “long game”. 

The old "jam tomorrow" tactic, a favourite of our since departed Manager and DOF.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ok. I wasn’t trying to be disparaging for want of a better word. 

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

But they really canny 😀

Does that explain 🤷‍♂️

Well this is the first time I can think of in 40 years that St Mirren have wanted a favour from us, and we we're only too happy to accede, so we might have to be very patient to implement your fiendish plan.

Although I can remember they were very happy to help out Celtic in 1986, but I suspect we'll get them back for that sometime within the next century or two.

When revenge is finally ours, we will be the ones having the last laugh!

fun-loving-party-skeleton-1586671.jpg

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

If as a result of that happening, and if heads would roll at the SPFL, I’ll reverse what I am saying right now 

The reality is that nothing would happen - nothing different anyway - the same incumbent arseholes would keep their jobs, and their fat pay checks to boot 

What it did achieve was to piss off Hearts fans who feel the club doesn’t have it’s back. It’s about putting pressure on the SPFL, death by a thousand cuts etc etc. 

Ok it’s the 27th of July and our court action has failed. Mystic meg appears on JKB to tell us St Mirren will need to loan a goalie as a favour from Hearts in September. Your honest response? 

5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I think that there is a frustration that the SPFL is happily rolling on without us and we had an opportunity to put a small spanner in their works, albeit temporarily. 

I understand the benefit of Bobby getting some games but maybe we hoped the Board were as petty and destructive as we want to be. I don’t think anyone really believed they would be. 

Just now, fancy a brew said:

Well this is the first time I can think of in 40 years that St Mirren have wanted a favour from us, and we we're only too happy to accede, so we might have to be very patient to implement your fiendish plan.

Although I can remember they were very happy to help out Celtic in 1986, but I suspect we'll get them back for that sometime within the next century or two.

When revenge is finally ours, we will be the ones having the last laugh!

fun-loving-party-skeleton-1586671.jpg

Fair enough. 

However, ask yourself the question - by saying no to that shower, and not giving them big Bobby, would that have meant that we wouldn’t have to wait for the next century or two to inflict any real damage to them ?

86 will never ever be forgotten but it will take more than denying them a third rate keeper, that probably won’t play for us ever ever again, as any sort of just or fair retribution 

Fair enough. 

However, ask yourself the question - by saying no to that shower, and not giving them big Bobby, would that have meant that we wouldn’t have to wait for the next century or two to inflict any real damage to them ?

86 will never ever be forgotten but it will take more than denying them a third rate keeper, that probably won’t play for us ever ever again, as any sort of just or fair retribution 

I didn’t see it as retribution for 1986, I saw it as retribution for 2020. 

1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

So we can never say No now to any loan request of one of our players for it being perceived as petty?

Looks like that how some folk are thinking, we should be more stubborn wi the likes of st liedown

and do them no favours.

Fair enough. 

No, we shouldn't have done them a favour now, and we should take every opportunity to stab them in the back in the future. They aren't mutually exclusive.

7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

What it did achieve was to piss off Hearts fans who feel the club doesn’t have it’s back. It’s about putting pressure on the SPFL, death by a thousand cuts etc etc. 

Ok it’s the 27th of July and our court action has failed. Mystic meg appears on JKB to tell us St Mirren will need to loan a goalie as a favour from Hearts in September. Your honest response? 

Seriously ? Response would have been, What goalie would you like to loan ? 

Where I fully agree with everyone is doing nothing, absolutely nothing, to help any football club, and bar our own 

I just disagree that by loaning Zlamal it will help them in any way shape or form. It didn’t help them against the vermin and I doubt it will help them over the next few games 

That’s why I really don’t care about this one in all honesty. If I thought it would have any positive impact whatsoever on St Midden or the so called SPFL I wouldn’t be saying what I am saying 

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Looks like that how some folk are thinking, we should be more stubborn wi the likes of st liedown

and do them no favours.

Exactly!! If people want to talk about being petty let’s look at the reconstruction vote and teams voting No because the bus fare to Brora would be too much!!

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Game time , loan fee, saving on wages for a couple of weeks.

I know these will not be huge sums, but every little helps at this time.

No massive benefit to the club, but certainly no harm done to us either.

I disagree that no harm has been done to Hearts. If Kickback is at all representative of our supporters, the sense of togetherness (Only Hearts) has been fractured, at least temporarily. And Robbie’s relationship with the fans is under the spotlight. That’s worth a lot more than saving a couple of weeks wages.

7 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

No, we shouldn't have done them a favour now, and we should take every opportunity to stab them in the back in the future. They aren't mutually exclusive.

They aren’t mutually exclusive as I don’t see by giving them Zlamal is that it’s any sort of favour 

He is shite mate - Cmon. 

If if we are going to stab them at any point let’s make sure we use a sharper knife to do it 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You really think they are planted by the club? :berra:

Now Dave, it wouldn't be the first time, would it? 

How do you know that they're not? 

One poster continually repeats ad nauseum the mantra about all the "benefits" Hearts get out of this loan when I simply pointed out to someone else that it was a 7 day loan, not ending in January. 

Others can make their mind up. 

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I didn’t see it as retribution for 1986, I saw it as retribution for 2020. 

Point taken. However throwing a game when half your team support the team they are playing is way more criminal than being a well known self centred Shitey wee disease ridden club, who has demonstrated in the not to distant past, that they already had no morales or ethics - IMO 

Here is my tuppence worth. 

St Mirren are utter ***** and we shouldn’t be gifting them goalkeepers in emergencies. If anyone thinks they would have done the same for us if roles reversed then you are deluded. 

Any other answer other than they can and should have been told to GTF is like bending over and taking a shafting after it is still raw from another shafting. 

7 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Now Dave, it wouldn't be the first time, would it? 

How do you know that they're not? 

One poster continually repeats ad nauseum the mantra about all the "benefits" Hearts get out of this loan when I simply pointed out to someone else that it was a 7 day loan, not ending in January. 

Others can make their mind up. 

I don’t know who most people are on here but I think it’s a bit of a leap. 😄

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

To a degree NB, it’s the actual player and quality of player that we have gave them. He is haphazard and let in 3 goals. He is hardly going to win them matches ? If he helps them get relegated, then that’s a great result.

It’s not in question I Hate St Midden NB - no debate. I just think there are better and classier ways to get at them than what we really think would have been the overall impact of us saying no to Zlamal going there 

if we loaned Zlamal to the vermin then it wouldn’t register with me - if it was Boyce, naisy, Smith etc - different story 

What happens if Gordon isn’t fit and a demoralised Zlamal has to face them again at Hampden?

He is likely to get another two doings this week, that they would’ve got anyway without us loaning them a player we might well need who could catch Covid or get injured. 

Will Bobby be playing against the hooped demons on Wednesday? If so he will likely ship half a dozen and drop his shitey wee loan team further in the jobbies so not all bad news. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

I disagree that no harm has been done to Hearts. If Kickback is at all representative of our supporters, the sense of togetherness (Only Hearts) has been fractured, at least temporarily. And Robbie’s relationship with the fans is under the spotlight. That’s worth a lot more than saving a couple of weeks wages.

Indeed, and it’s been said that there is no fee involved hence they’re due us a favour. 

They aren’t mutually exclusive as I don’t see by giving them Zlamal is that it’s any sort of favour 

He is shite mate - Cmon. 

If if we are going to stab them at any point let’s make sure we use a sharper knife to do it 

Dress it up however you like, but St Mirren were desperate and we helped them.

As for waiting until we have a sharp knife to stab them, I'd quite happily stab them with a blunt knife now, and a sharp broadsword when the opportunity arises.

3 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Will Bobby be playing against the hooped demons on Wednesday? If so he will likely ship half a dozen and drop his shitey wee loan team further in the jobbies so not all bad news. 

No no, they're a top six team aren't they??

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What happens if Gordon isn’t fit and a demoralised Zlamal has to face them again at Hampden?

He is likely to get another two doings this week, that they would’ve got anyway without us loaning them a player we might well need who could catch Covid or get injured. 

Hopefully this won’t be the case. 

However if it is to be the case he has another opportunity and to make sure that it doesn’t happen again 

I really don’t think RN will play Zlamal at all as I don’t think he rates him hence his comments re HS and signing another back up keeper from Livi 

If, and I hope to god it’s a big if, that if CG is injured and Zlamal has to play, that he would have some games under his belt and at that particular point 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Weird behaviour whatever is going on. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You think it's a leap that anyone from the club or their friends and family post on here?

It's even been alleged that some folk would parrot club lines in order to get a shot on the club lawnmower...

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We should wrap him in cotton wool so that he’s at his peak. Regardless of the St Mirren issue a goalkeeper getting some competitive game time isn’t a negative. 

It's been a right shite few months and to be honest there's been times when Hearts have been far from my thoughts, the first time in about 40 years that Hearts haven't been part of my life. 

As things started to improve and the relegation situation was unfolding I started to pay attention to Hearts and few wee peeps on here to see what was happening with signings etc. This is my first post in a long while as it's sparked the Hearts fan in me again.

As a club and a support we've gone through some amount of ups and downs in my 40 years, but we've stood together and been proud to represent Heart of Midlothian in whatever capacity from players to staff to fans to owners that badge has meant something.

This one action alone is so far removed from what Heart of Midlothian should mean to all it's off the scale. It's not about Zlamal (who is a horrendous keeper) or that it's St Mirren it's the fact that after everything that's been done to us we've just rolled over and bailed out the very people that have shit on us all from a very great height. The club owe this fan base so much its unquantifiable.

Its time the custodians of our club started to switch on to the fans and restore the pride of Heart of Midlothian FC.