No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Oh well, now you've put it like that, I'll get the club to issue an apology to all those viewers we've disappointed. 

😄

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Toxteth O'Grady

Dave

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They might have got a wee slot on the national news in a few countries.  Sponsors would love that following the maxim of ‘no publicity is bad publicity’. People love a piece of quirky covid related news. 

You are losing credibility. 

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Dave

You are losing credibility. 

It was mainly tongue in cheek but all the SPFL were concerned about was getting the game played. The result and anything else were distant second/third etc...

I think the club needs to realise that the fans are angry beyond anything we have seen before, but there is no outlet for this. 

We are desperate to hand out a few hammering next season, but you just know Robbie will be telling the players to cool it off at 2-0 to save energy for the big game on Saturday against Alloa. 

We are desperate  for the club to break off relations with the likes of Raith but you just know AB will be welcoming them, and that Ayr **** with open arms. #move_on

We are desperate  for the SPFL to be a shambles but we just helped a club that has mocked us in midweek fulfil a fixture. 

We want clubs to suffer but you just know the club will be asking us to turn up in numbers at away games to get behind the team.

I’ve never seen sustained anger like this and I only hope the club got a rude awakening this weekend in the reaction to Zlamal’s loan.

They better wake up to it because it’s not going away and a couple of stodgy performances early on and Robbie will be on the receiving end of the anger...and then it will be Ann’s turn. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think the club needs to realise that the fans are angry beyond anything we have seen before, but there is no outlet for this. 

We are desperate to hand out a few hammering next season, but you just know Robbie will be telling the players to cool it off at 2-0 to save energy for the big game on Saturday against Alloa. 

We are desperate  for the club to break off relations with the likes of Raith but you just know AB will be welcoming them, and that Ayr **** with open arms. #move_on

We are desperate  for the SPFL to be a shambles but we just helped a club that has mocked us in midweek fulfil a fixture. 

We want clubs to suffer but you just know the club will be asking us to turn up in numbers at away games to get behind the team.

I’ve never seen sustained anger like this and I only hope the club got a rude awakening this weekend in the reaction to Zlamal’s loan.

They better wake up to it because it’s not going away and a couple of stodgy performances early on and Robbie will be on the receiving end of the anger...and then it will be Ann’s turn. 

The fixture was being fulfilled regardless. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

True but we had an opportunity to make it harder for St Mirren. I get the reasons why we did it but sometimes you have to make a stand - we wouldn’t loan to hibs, so why St Mirren. 

In fact, that’s what has changed: many of us now consider every team in the same way we saw hibs. Utter ***** that need put back in their place. 

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They might have got a wee slot on the national news in a few countries.  Sponsors would love that following the maxim of ‘no publicity is bad publicity’. People love a piece of quirky covid related news. 

They would, if only the league had a sponsor...

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFtUKhf-NbfMBFEWvzhFW

18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Will that be the same Robbie that oversaw us put 10 past Cowdenbeath, I don't recall him telling the players to cool it off at 2-0 in that game.  Nor did he tell us to cool it off in the numerous games where we put 4 or 5 goals past our opponents that season.  It seems remarkable to me that we set a goal scoring record in the Championship with a manager who's philosophy, according to you, was to cool it off.

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Will that be the same Robbie that oversaw us put 10 past Cowdenbeath, I don't recall him telling the players to cool it off at 2-0 in that game.  Nor did he tell us to cool it off in the numerous games where we put 4 or 5 goals past our opponents that season.  It seems remarkable to me that we set a goal scoring record in the Championship with a manager who's philosophy, according to you, was to cool it off.

That was old Robbie 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, farin said:

Hopefully we get the old Robbie that romped the championship & not the “money spinner” Robbie this season. 😄 

🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Off the wage bill until January? 

It's a 7 day loan. 

St Mirren are paying us to get our back up keeper match fit and/or put him in the shop window for us.

39 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

St Mirren are paying us to get our back up keeper match fit and/or put him in the shop window for us.

And? 

Will that "get him off the wage bill until January"  as was in the post I replied to? 

Are you a club shill? 

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

And? 

Will that "get him off the wage bill until January"  as was in the post I replied to? 

Are you a club shill? 

Are you not going a bit overboard ?

Honestly this attempt to hit out at fans who do not agree with the views of others sometimes goes too far

There were reasons and an explanation has been given...you might not like it but your question as to why has been answered

I also have doubts as to whether this moral stance many are claiming to take is really true

It's like you are telling the club they cannot deal with certain clubs, managers etc because it would upset you ignoring the fact that it might be right for the club and promotion etc.

Wait until a club comes in wanting to buy a player we want to sell but are told sorry the fanbase 'says no' just because....total madness

Oh and all it has done is give fuel to the small % of Robbie haters still amongst our support even before we have kicked a ball in anger...well done. We'll have to listen to the same nonsense from 3 years ago all over again from posters with an agenda

17 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Honestly this attempt to hit out at fans who do not agree with the views of others sometimes goes too far

There were reasons and an explanation has been given...you might not like it but your question as to why has been answered

I also have doubts as to whether this moral stance many are claiming to take is really true

It's like you are telling the club they cannot deal with certain clubs, managers etc because it would upset you ignoring the fact that it might be right for the club and promotion etc.

Wait until a club comes in wanting to buy a player we want to sell but are told sorry the fanbase 'says no' just because....total madness

Oh and all it has done is give fuel to the small % of Robbie haters still amongst our support even before we have kicked a ball in anger...well done. We'll have to listen to the same nonsense from 3 years ago all over again from posters with an agenda

What's that got to do with the post I replied to from the poster that thought Bobby was off our wage bill until January? 

Guest ToqueJambo
56 minutes ago, iainmac said:

And? 

Are you a club shill? 

St Mirren are paying us to get one of our goalies match fit over 3 games in 7 days before the start of our season. No-one from the club I can see has said it's any more than a 7 day loan.

1 hour ago, gator said:

I was just having a laugh with a poster who just wants everyone to move on! Something to consider in all of this even if you think many are over reacting or just flat out wrong is that there seems to be  many with this viewpoint whether you agree with them or not! If this move has negatively influenced so many of our fans then as much as some want to justify I will argue that it was a mistake by the club! This should be very concerning considering how many of us have just about had enough of Scottish football despite our love of Hearts! These aren't normal times obviously and I believe we have an angered and fragile fanbase overall which puts the club's decisions under more scrutiny!

That's the thing.

As you say, they know a lot of us have about had it with Scottish Football. What they did there makes no sense whatsoever when you take that into consideration. So what the **** is going on. 

A poster earlier in the thread posted this (I'm paraphrasing). Every day, bit by bit, the Hearts I knew are fading away. He was not talking about his memory.   

This is not about kicking a ball and trying to score a goal anymore. It's about getting you to go along with corruption that is now, and for the foreseeable, ******* you over.  

Every other Scottish football supporter knows that Scottish football is corrupt. Why did they not come running to our aid then? If they had, it could have been fixed. They didn't come to our aid, therefor, It can't be fixed. Time to shut it down.

Oh shit, I forgot. No way can we shut it down. We are the moving on bunch. We move on. 

We are the let's move on and get them the next time. See when we play them at football, then's the time we'll get them. Unless, off course, we come to terms with the fact that beating anyone will have us not looking like a forward thinking community football club club. We need to show we are moving forward. We need to move on.  

The game is corrupt. The people that are ******* us over are laughing at us. Everyone knows it. Why should I support anyone that puts me in a position like that. My beloved Hearts are where they have always been and always will always be, In my heart. I will walk away with that.

Note that I said anyone and not anything. It's them, it's not Hearts. It is not a thing that is rotting my football team to it's core, it's people.

PS. Sorry gator. You made a very important point that I couldn't let drop. It's all very complex so when such an important point is made, I am going to reiterate it. Non of that was aimed at you. Cheers. 🙂

1 hour ago, niblick1874 said:

That's the thing.

As you say, they know a lot of us have about had it with Scottish Football. What they did there makes no sense whatsoever when you take that into consideration. So what the **** is going on. 

A poster earlier in the thread posted this (I'm paraphrasing). Every day, bit by bit, the Hearts I knew are fading away. He was not talking about his memory.   

This is not about kicking a ball and trying to score a goal anymore. It's about getting you to go along with corruption that is now, and for the foreseeable, ******* you over.  

Every other Scottish football supporter knows that Scottish football is corrupt. Why did they not come running to our aid then? If they had, it could have been fixed. They didn't come to our aid, therefor, It can't be fixed. Time to shut it down.

Oh shit, I forgot. No way can we shut it down. We are the moving on bunch. We move on. 

We are the let's move on and get them the next time. See when we play them at football, then's the time we'll get them. Unless, off course, we come to terms with the fact that beating anyone will have us not looking like a forward thinking community football club club. We need to show we are moving forward. We need to move on.  

The game is corrupt. The people that are ******* us over are laughing at us. Everyone knows it. Why should I support anyone that puts me in a position like that. My beloved Hearts are where they have always been and always will always be, In my heart. I will walk away with that.

Note that I said anyone and not anything. It's them, it's not Hearts. It is not a thing that is rotting my football team to it's core, it's people.

PS. Sorry gator. You made a very important point that I couldn't let drop. It's all very complex so when such an important point is made, I am going to reiterate it. Non of that was aimed at you. Cheers. 🙂

I appreciate your response Gus and I wish more supporters would open their eyes to what is really going on! Cheers! 👍

36 minutes ago, gator said:

I appreciate your response Gus and I wish more supporters would open their eyes to what is really going on! Cheers! 👍

I forgot to go on about how ****** ** we all must be for putting all our time, money, and effort into a smack in the puss. Oh well, next time😉 

I think people are missing the real point behind the SPFL being so desperate to get this  game  played.

St Midden are due to play sellik on Wednesday,  they couldn't let anything risk that going ahead, seeing as it was already postponed for sellik breaking the rules.

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think people are missing the real point behind the SPFL being so desperate to get this  game  played.

St Midden are due to play sellik on Wednesday,  they couldn't let anything risk that going ahead, seeing as it was already postponed for sellik breaking the rules.

That’s the problem, and it’s becoming more and more apparent with every day that passes - the whole organisation is run purely for the benefit of Celtic. They can do what they like, when they like and everyone else has to fall into line. It’s killing the game here. Until the whole structure of the game here is swept away absolutely nothing will change. This latest farce with St Mirren proves the point yet again. Farcical, yet do we see anything in the media pointing the finger at the problem? Not on your life - all of them too busy creeping in with Lawell.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

That’s the problem, and it’s becoming more and more apparent with every day that passes - the whole organisation is run purely for the benefit of Celtic. They can do what they like, when they like and everyone else has to fall into line. It’s killing the game here. Until the whole structure of the game here is swept away absolutely nothing will change. This latest farce with St Mirren proves the point yet again. Farcical, yet do we see anything in the media pointing the finger at the problem? Not on your life - all of them too busy creeping in with Lawell.

Unfortunately it’s never going to change because there is no-one willing or able to force it to change. 

Still not sure why Langfield couldn't have played (need to check his last game) or alternatively why was he on the bench as he would have been in the same proximity as the 3rd keeper who was considered too much of a risk and should have been incubating too.

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Unfortunately it’s never going to change because there is no-one willing or able to force it to change. 

Probably correct. The whole game here is infested with self interest and out and out cowardice as recent events have shown.

7 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Except it's not like that at all. When we played St Mirren in a friendly, or had transfer dealings with Livi and Kilmarnock nobody batted an eyelid. But this was St Mirren and the SPFL in a sticky situation due to Covid, given the history of how we've been treated during the pandemic a lot of fans think we should have politely told them to ram it. Hardly burning our bridges for evermore, just enjoying a wee bit of karma.

But bash on constructing your strawman argument if it makes you feel better.

7 hours ago, iainmac said:

And? 

Are you a club shill? 

You really think they are planted by the club? :berra:

11 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

From what I've read on this this thread, there are very few posts which try to justify it and defend AB / RN  - maybe you're referring to the ones which aren't right at the top of the  angry scale ?     Somebody on here mentioned an angle which I hadn't considered - that the dialogue between the clubs when arranging the friendly match was linked in some way to them then  requesting Zlamal on loan for a week when they lost their keepers to quarantine.   None of us knows if thats true or not.    Either way,  we need to  realise that dialogue between professional  football managers is way removed from dialogue between fans like us on here - RN wanted match practice for the team  and needed to talk to clubs to find ones willing to oblige.  If you want to be angry because its St.Midden, then its RN you need to aim it at for arranging it with them.     Or better still, consider the effect on  your blood pressure.  😀 

So when they arranged the friendly they knew their keepers would all be ruled out with Covid  regulations 2 weeks later? 
sounds legit.

who played in goal for them in the friendly?

Edited by 1874robbo

52 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I’m not sure hie that would be seriously at risk as St Mitten would have more time than they had to get someone else in. I accept though that any further backlog for them or Aberdeen would add more risk to the season completing and the holy grail of the sky deal!!

7 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Selling a player is one thing - we agree a fee and the player moves on.

Bailing them out is another thing completely. It was actually embarrassing.

9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Correct 

This is the same SPFL that managed to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes In that they never had to answer for their sins in facilitating the biggest wrong doing that Scottish Football might have ever witnessed 

If we really think that by saying no to Zlamal going To that tin pot team would have changed things, in any way, shape or form - well, we might just be dafter than what we actually think 

I’m all for hurting these clubs, as much as possible, but saying no to the Zlamal move just wouldn’t have hurt them at all, in all honesty.

It would have been perceived as pettiness on our part and ultimately wouldn’t have had the desired effect we all would like to see 

Much better ways to hurt that shower and the other scabs who voted to demote us than refusing to give them a keeper who will never ever play for us again - IMO 

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Correct 

This is the same SPFL that managed to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes In that they never had to answer for their sins in facilitating the biggest wrong doing that Scottish Football might have ever witnessed 

If we really think that by saying no to Zlamal going To that tin pot team would have changed things, in any way, shape or form - well, we might just be dafter than what we actually think 

I’m all for hurting these clubs, as much as possible, but saying no to the Zlamal move just wouldn’t have hurt them at all, in all honesty.

It would have been perceived as pettiness on our part and ultimately wouldn’t have had the desired effect we all would like to see 

Much better ways to hurt that shower and the other scabs who voted to demote us than refusing to give them a keeper who will never ever play for us again - IMO 

WOuld you have been ok if it was hibs looking for a player?

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Correct 

So we can never say No now to any loan request of one of our players for it being perceived as petty?

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

To a degree NB, it’s the actual player and quality of player that we have gave them. He is haphazard and let in 3 goals. He is hardly going to win them matches ? If he helps them get relegated, then that’s a great result.

It’s not in question I Hate St Midden NB - no debate. I just think there are better and classier ways to get at them than what we really think would have been the overall impact of us saying no to Zlamal going there 

if we loaned Zlamal to the vermin then it wouldn’t register with me - if it was Boyce, naisy, Smith etc - different story 

5 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

To a degree NB, it’s the actual player and quality of player that we have gave them. He is haphazard and let in 3 goals. He is hardly going to win them matches ? If he helps them get relegated, then that’s a great result.

It’s not in question I Hate St Midden NB - no debate. I just think there are better and classier ways to get at them than what we really think would have been the overall impact of us saying no to Zlamal going there 

if we loaned Zlamal to the vermin then it wouldn’t register with me - if it was Boyce, naisy, Smith etc - different story 

We have tried being better and classier, and here we are preparing for a glamour kick off against Dundee in mid-October. We should have stalled St Mirren until as late as possible so there was notime to come up with another plan...after all, that's what they voted to happen to us.

And i'm sorry, i want zero relations with hibs - i assumed everyone felt that way after this summer - and that includes info-swapping, charity link-ups the lot. If Budge poses for a picture with Dempster again then she is finished imo.

Like i've said, the levels of sustained anger is unreal and it will get ugly oevr the next few weeks. The club needs to make sure it is not them on the receiving end.

Edited by Nookie Bear

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Seriously though. I doubt they would ask us so it is pretty academic and neither hibs or hearts fans would likely go easy on an incoming player. They have been our msin rivsls for nearly 150 years.  

In saying that there have been transfers of players in the past but not many have gone well in my memory. 

5 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

So we can never say No now to any loan request of one of our players for it being perceived as petty?

I didn’t mean that. If it didn’t suit us then we say no. LBH it was Zlamal. The fact that he is probably 3rd to 4th in line for game time It would have been perceived as petty 

The fans can wage war and they can really hurt clubs like that Shower from Paisley by denying attendance at their ground - that’s great and all for that. I just don’t think we would have really hurt them in any way by loaning Zlamal. As said, i am all for causing them grief where the opportunity arises, I just don’t think this was that particular opportunity 

Doesn’t mean I don’t hate or despise them as much as anyone else 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

We have tried being better and classier, and here we are preparing for a glamour kick off against Dundee in mid-October. We should have stalled St Mirren until as late as possible so there was notime to come up with another plan...after all, that's what they voted to happen to us.

And i'm sorry, i want zero relations with hibs - i assumed everyone felt that way after this summer - and that includes info-swapping, charity link-ups the lot. If Budge poses for a picture with Dempster again then she is finished imo.

Like i've said, the levels of sustained anger is unreal and it will get ugly oevr the next few weeks. The club needs to make sure it is not them on the receiving end.

As said, once the SPFL made the decision to do what they done to us, I was under no illusions that by us denying Zlamal that would have been far easier for them to wriggle out of that particular hole 

Fuly agree - I don’t want relations with the vermin either, nor any other club tbh. I hope that whoever made the decision to loan Zlamal, that this didn’t even cross their mind 

Yes, the anger is unreal. Just reading this thread there is no question where the vast majority sit on this.

I can’t or won’t tell anyone to change their opinion But only by saying no, that it might not have had the desired effect that everyone obviously wants. 

15 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

At last somebody gets it.

We've given them a shite keeper who will probably be, at best, 3rd choice and who hasn't played a game for 6 months

I'd hardly call that "doing them a favour"

I just don't understand the anger and the "The club have betrayed the fans" pant wetting that is going on over this 

1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

At last somebody gets it.

We've given them a shite keeper who will probably be, at best, 3rd choice and who hasn't played a game for 6 months

I'd hardly call that "doing them a favour"

I just don't understand the anger and the "The club have betrayed the fans" pant wetting that is going on over this 

So what was the benefit to Hearts? 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Game time , loan fee, saving on wages for a couple of weeks.

I know these will not be huge sums, but every little helps at this time.

No massive benefit to the club, but certainly no harm done to us either.

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

None that I can see. It's actually created a lot of problems for Robbie and Hearts. A bit of an own goal.

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Wages off the books plus a loan fee probably?

Neither of which are happening as widely reported. It’s a favour. Goodwin has stated it’s a favour. 

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Neither of which are happening as widely reported. It’s a favour. Goodwin has stated it’s a favour. 

Surely it's not purely a favour with zero benefit to us whatsoever. Canny be.

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Game time , loan fee, saving on wages for a couple of weeks.

I know these will not be huge sums, but every little helps at this time.

No massive benefit to the club, but certainly no harm done to us either.

It’s a weeks loan. For me you can’t put a price on the collective nature that had been garnered due to our treatment from the SPFL. We had a siege mentality that we could have built on. I’m disappointed but not surprised that weak leadership prevails at Hearts. 

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Surely it's not purely a favour with zero benefit to us whatsoever. Canny be.

The “benefit” is apparently to give bobby game time. 

5 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Doesn’t mean it’s free though. I took the favour to be to agree the loan at such short notice.