No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

28 minutes ago, leginten said:

You appear to overlook the very obvious fact that an action we have taken on a voluntary basis was of considerable benefit to a club intensely disliked by the vast majority of Hearts supporters and of even greater benefit to the organisation which treated us with such contempt just a few months back. So we’re quite obviously still doing the “benefit to the wider game” thing. Which still leaves me wondering what “Only Hearts” means to the current board.

Meanwhile I’m sure Hearts will have derived enormous benefit from sending a crap keeper to a coronavirus-riddled club to have whatever residual confidence he had destroyed in a game against a club he may shortly face in a semi-final. It all makes perfect sense.

I think people overlook we loaned them a below average keeper and they were beaten 3-0. I’ll be amazed if that below average keeper doesn’t lose 5 against Celtic and another 3 against Dundee Utd. Don’t know where the huge benefit will be.

Maybe you need to contact the club and ask them what they think Only Hearts means. You’ll be able to satisfy yourself as to whether they are on the same page as you.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Dusk_Till_Dawn
54 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I’m amazed at how many posters want a siege mentality but want to attack Ann Budge - one of our own - and the club at the same time. 

Strange behaviour by so called Hearts fans.

Ann is ****ing the siege mentality and has done constantly, genius

34 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Maybe treat the very supporters who pump vast amounts of money in with respect 

I pump my money in and don’t feel disrespected 🤷‍♂️

Reading Robbie’s comments confirms my views from yesterday. It’s a logical football decision and that’s how he approached it. However the fact that nobody considered that this would piss off the majority of fans and didn’t think to block it is illogical. It’s absolutely mental tbh. 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t agree with Ethan on this topic, but at the same time, you are well off the mark here. She has played a big part in rallying the fans to a siege mentality by fighting our expulsion. This unpalatable football decision doesn’t just negate that all of a sudden. 

If Bobby gets sent off v Dundee United I presume he'll have to see out his suspension with us.

Could be tricky if we have Gordon injured and Stone out of action.

Maybe we could borrow one of St Mirren's COVID-riddled 'keepers.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Is she? This was a footballing decision and as such will have come down to Robbie Neilson. Maybe if there a hard time to be given it should be given to him, or do you want Ann Budge to interfere in the footballing side? 

I read plenty of posts from posters on here that are trying everything they can to undermine any type of siege mentality/backing at the club. I appreciate people have different views but there’s some fairly obvious ones whose agendas have been clear, consistent and constant, no matter what. 

No-one can deny that plenty of mistakes have been made, but some people need to give it a fecking rest with the negativity.

A day later I am still angry about the decision and reading through 20 pages of posts not one of the several that try to justify the decision is able to convince me otherwise, it in fact worries me going forward that we have not learned a thing and it will be business as usual! Building bridges, give me a break!

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

@Ethan Hunt they’re not ‘so called Hearts fans’ they’re hearts fans. No need to resort to that. The narrative on here that fans who are anti Budge aren’t hearts fans is a load of bollocks. 

Unless you can vouch for all of them there are posters on here who, in my opinion, are anything but Hearts fans. A daft hibby in my work is vocal about posting on here and stirring shit. I’ve yet to find out what name he posts under but I have my suspicions.

Still, if it suits your agenda you just believe that everyone posting negative shite on here is actually a Hearts supporter.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Unless you can vouch for all of them there are posters on here who, in my opinion, are anything but Hearts fans. A daft hibby in my work is vocal about posting on here and stirring shit. I’ve yet to find out what name he posts under but I have my suspicions.

Still, if it suits your agenda you just believe that everyone posting negative shite on here is actually a Hearts supporter.

I don’t believe everybody on here is a hearts fan. I don’t have an agenda. A lot of the negativity on here isn’t shite it’s just disappointment from obviously committed hearts fans at the state we’ve ended up in. Difficult to keep positive given our record of underachievement. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

It’s the positive posts in the face of our woeful performance that reek of Hibs

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t believe everybody on here is a hearts fan. I don’t have an agenda. A lot of the negativity on here isn’t shite it’s just disappointment from obviously committed hearts fans at the state we’ve ended up in. Difficult to keep positive given our record of underachievement. 

I get the disappointment. I’ve posted about my disappointment around certain aspects of the club. There are some posters - fairly obvious ones - whose posts are well beyond disappointment, and border on hatred. How can any reasonable person direct such feelings toward something they supposedly love?

I said the club should adopt a cautious mistrust of everything. I adopt the same to a fair few posters on here. 

35 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Yes, I do know that. @davemclaren has mislaid the thread, but it was a thread titled “Hearts First”. It came across a wee bit “Britain First” so I suggested “Only Hearts”. It was suggested in the theme of giving other clubs **** all, and directing the money we would normally give to them to Hearts instead. The logo was created by @22games nro I think. Also suggested on the thread was Dave MacKay’s famous “always Hearts”, but a few of us felt “Only Hearts” was more appropriate for this particular situation.

Hearts adopted it from here, but they don’t really seem to be using it with the same sentiment in mind.

Thanks for the mention, yes I’d thought after reading various posts "only hearts" sounded very apt, and thought I’d grab the old badge and join the two 👍

61B8B041-E241-4990-9D43-358AFF548A84.jpeg

willie wallace

That was a shocker of a statement by the manager.

If we did ask St.Mirren for the friendly and he felt obliged to agree to their request why not say so.

Regardless of any other reason surely the fact that St.Mirren had covid infections and Paisley is one of the restricted areas would be enough to just say no.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We were shafted by people inside and outside the club. It’s done now. It’s not time to build bridges, I’ll never forget what happened and will never allow the club to forget. That said we need to get the head down and show these feckers. I personally won’t waste any energy over a below average keeper being loaned to a shithouse of a football club. I am saving my energy for bigger battles than that. I’ll direct my ire at those who fecked us over when the time is right.

30 minutes ago, Zico said:

Reading Robbie’s comments confirms my views from yesterday. It’s a logical football decision and that’s how he approached it. However the fact that nobody considered that this would piss off the majority of fans and didn’t think to block it is illogical. It’s absolutely mental tbh. 

That's how I see it too. Robbie has been employed to make footballing decisions and that's exactly what he did.

However, the bigger picture was ignored by the club. Personally, I think that things are just a bit too raw at the moment to be bending backwards for the clubs who fecked us earlier this year.

Selkirkhmfc1874
38 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I pump my money in and don’t feel disrespected 🤷‍♂️

Good for you ! I along with many others do 

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good for you ! I along with many others do 

Well let the club know. I have no doubt they would try to rectify it.

Given the appointment of our new CEO maybe time JKB propose a Q and A with him to voice feeling/understand the direction/vision of the club. I’m sure JKB Admin have some clout to make it happen.

Haringshairband

Think there are a number of posters on this forum that just won't accept the club being criticised. I'm starting to get fed up with the constant poor decision making.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well let the club know. I have no doubt they would try to rectify it.

Given the appointment of our new CEO maybe time JKB propose a Q and A with him to voice feeling/understand the direction/vision of the club. I’m sure JKB Admin have some clout to make it happen.

Shouldn't have to let the club know that decision would go down like a burst balloon to lots of Hearts supporters and what makes it worse is the club and supporters were united again after last seasons shambles 

5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

@Beast Boy

@22games nronro

Here's the thread where 'Only Hearts' was born.

Think it must have been merged in to that thread. It was born on a thread called “Hearts First”. Thanks though, saved Dave the effort. :lol: 

Guest ToqueJambo

Interested in why the Doyle loan to Killie was no big deal but this is? If you're annoyed at the Zlamal one and are blaming the club for not living up to what you think Only Hearts should mean, then you should also be mad about the Doyle loan.

Personally for me it was because it was St Mirren but now I see St Mirren not being benefited at all I don't see the big deal.

In fact they are now saying what we've been saying for months - that the SPFL is not fit to run Scottish football. So they're being shown up to be complete hypocrites. We on the other hand are being praised for acting professionally.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Shouldn't have to let the club know that decision would go down like a burst balloon to lots of Hearts supporters and what makes it worse is the club and supporters were united again after last seasons shambles 

I get that. But there has been questions about what Only Hearts means. Some people seem to think that there is a disparity between what it means for the fans, and what it means for the club. The club has to function as a business and some business decisions will not be popular (as has always been the case) with the fans. There needs to be an understanding on both sides, and while that might not necessarily mean agreement, at least opinions can be aired and heard.  

I can hold hold a grudge with the best of them. I will, but not with my own club. I do not want to go into the new season with ill feeling toward anyone at Hearts. I am carrying enough ill feeling toward those outwith the club. That’s where our energy and ire should still be directed.

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That's how I see it too. Robbie has been employed to make footballing decisions and that's exactly what he did.

However, the bigger picture was ignored by the club. Personally, I think that things are just a bit too raw at the moment to be bending backwards for the clubs who fecked us earlier this year.

The bigger picture is not Hearts fans current beef wth St Mirren fans.

The club got no stick over loaning Doyle to Killie to help them out. It's reasonable they would have thought St Mirren could be fine too. And St Mirren even took down their petty #heartbreaker tweet over this - we made them look ridiculous. The fact is it's likely we do want to move Bobby on. (Not that this will help with that going by yesterday mind you).

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
44 minutes ago, gator said:

A day later I am still angry about the decision and reading through 20 pages of posts not one of the several that try to justify the decision is able to convince me otherwise, it in fact worries me going forward that we have not learned a thing and it will be business as usual! Building bridges, give me a break!

Were you also angry about loaning Doyle to Killie? We need to play friendlies. We can only play friendlies against Premiership teams as they are testing. Plus it's good for the players to play against a better level of player. It's not rocket science.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The bigger picture is not Hearts fans current beef wth St Mirren fans.

The club got no stick over loaning Doyle to Killie to help them out. It's reasonable they would have thought St Mirren could be fine too. And St Mirren even took down their petty #heartbreaker tweet over this - we made them look ridiculous. The fact is it's likely we do want to move Bobby on. (Not that this will help with that going by yesterday mind you).

Doyle was a proper transfer, a proper save wages deal. Bobby was us helping St Liedown and the SPFL out of a hole. There’s a huge difference

11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Tbh your first post came over as drunken slavers to me. Why dangle the carrot of ‘something that happened 3 years ago’, why not detail what happened 3 year ago in the first post and then people would know what you were banging on about. I can’t remember the vote you’re talking about. What actually happened?

I did not make you post what you posted. You did that all on your own. Shame, because I don't think you are a bad poster, However, in saying that, you had the opportunity to apologize with the post above and you didn't.

You must go look for yourself. It's a good habit to get into. If you don't, you will end up being told the way it is by the MSM and those that believe what the MSM tell them. Don't forget the last few months.  

So, go look. There was a thread on here about it where you will find me not being happy. 

PS. If you do find the thread and have a look I would like to add that I have since admitted to my battle with my Hearts addiction.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Doyle was a proper transfer, a proper save wages deal. Bobby was us helping St Liedown and the SPFL out of a hole. There’s a huge difference

Not if we're looking to shift Bobby, which we are. And not if we need to play friendlies, which we did against St Mirren already and plan to do against other Premiership teams. We need to act professionally. As fans of course we can still keep the beef going with St Mirren obviously, and in fact we've made them look ridiculous and petty the last few days, but the club can't. Surely people can see that?

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Interested in why the Doyle loan to Killie was no big deal but this is? If you're annoyed at the Zlamal one and are blaming the club for not living up to what you think Only Hearts should mean, then you should also be mad about the Doyle loan.

Personally for me it was because it was St Mirren but now I see St Mirren not being benefited at all I don't see the big deal.

In fact they are now saying what we've been saying for months - that the SPFL is not fit to run Scottish football. So they're being shown up to be complete hypocrites. We on the other hand are being praised for acting professionally.

I would have rather them be forced to play a kid or outfield player in goal than being praised by anyone outside of the club, most of whom having been putting the boots to us, that praise is meaningless coming from those sources, we may have saved the SPFL more embarrassment!

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

We've become everything we used to laugh at Hibs for...yet some absolutely lap it up.

I used to laugh at Hibs for peddling an attitude that the style of football was more important than the three points tbh. A few fans have adopted that mantra in recent seasons, so y’know... 🤷‍♂️

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, gator said:

I would have rather them be forced to play a kid or outfield player in goal than being praised by anyone outside of the club, most of whom having been putting the boots to us, that praise is meaningless coming from those sources, we may have saved the SPFL more embarrassment!

You and other s like you basically want the club to act like a fan. That's not going to happen, just like it doesn't happen at any club. That's why Celtic and Rangers are cosier than cosy behind the scenes. The clubs that do act and communicate like fans look ridiculous - St Mirren being one.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Were you also angry about loaning Doyle to Killie? We need to play friendlies. We can only play friendlies against Premiership teams as they are testing. Plus it's good for the players to play against a better level of player. It's not rocket science.

Not so much as @Dusk_Till_Dawn points out, I have a special hatred for St. Liedown which began in 86!

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
43 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

correct

You and other s like you basically want the club to act like a fan. That's not going to happen, just like it doesn't happen at any club. That's why Celtic and Rangers are cosier than cosy behind the scenes. The clubs that do act and communicate like fans look ridiculous - St Mirren being one.

No, I want the club to consider the fans who keep this club alive and given recent events there certainly should be a PR consideration, the Old Firm situation is all about keeping their duopoly, we're on an island!

Edited by gator

It’s perfectly possible to knock back a request for a loan of your goalkeeper and not look like a petty supporter. We owe them **** all and should not be doing them favours when we are stranded in the division below because of them (and others), and facing the very real possibility of not being allowed to win promotion back again.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, gator said:

No, I want the club to consider the fans who keep this club alive and given recent events there certainly should be a PR consideration, the Old Firm situation is all about keeping their duopoly! 

PR is just spin. It's saying things people want to hear. It's meaningless. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

By that definition, Ann does plenty of it 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Beast Boy said:

It’s perfectly possible to knock back a request for a loan of your goalkeeper and not look like a petty supporter. We owe them **** all and should not be doing them favours when we are stranded in the division below because of them (and others), and facing the very real possibility of not being allowed to win promotion back again.

I would have loved them to knock it back and publish a statement saying that, but then how does that work with our relationship with St Mirren? Given we asked them for a friendly and they agreed. How would that play in our discussions with other teams to arrange friendlies, most of which were teams that shafted us. Only Hearts doesn't mean cutting off our nose to spite our face. I'm all for our social media "admin" to have a dig at them though if that'll keep people happy. And then the club can pretend to disapprove and get the Tweet taken down later, as St Mirren have done with their heartbreaker nonsense.

Behind the scenes I'm fine with the club acting in a professional way basically. And you have to admit none of this has benefited St Mirren in any way.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

By that definition, Ann does plenty of it 

Actions speak louder, etc. I rarely read club statements unless they are major factual updates. I definitely don't read them word by word with a magnifying glass looking for places to pick holes like some do.

Edited by ToqueJambo

I don't think it is meaningless in this case, look at how many supporters are absolutely pissed at the club for this decision, these are the same supporters the club relies heavily on for ticket sales and donations to FOH, there are cases where bad PR can hurt and I truly believe this is one of them!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, gator said:

I don't think it is meaningless in this case, look at how many supporters are absolutely pissed at the club for this decision, these are the same supporters the club relies heavily on for ticket sales and donations to FOH, there are cases where bad PR can hurt and I truly believe this is one of them!

I was pissed off then I thought it was funny because of how things turned out. I'm pretty sure most are similar. People are just starved of Hearts football news and need something to gripe about.

Edited by ToqueJambo

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

hearts are one of only a few relatively big fish in a very small pond

outside the old firm and to a much lesser extent Aberdeen and hibs the rest of Scottish football need hearts much more than we need them

yet you’ve got the usual budge sychohants and hibs fans pretending we need to give a toss about our relationship with st mirren

absolute losers

:lol:

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I was pissed off then I thought it was funny because of how things turned out. I'm pretty sure most are similar. People are just starved of Hearts football news and need something to gripe about.

I think you are right about some supporters, others like myself have still not gotten over the expulsion and how the boots were put to us and there are some like myself who haven't forgotten what happened in 86! We certainly need to be playing some matches to move on the best we can but I believe many will stick to their guns in holding many clubs in contempt!

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Her blinkered vision of things or stubborness is spoiling all the good things she has done for the club! A real shame.

Absolutely. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, gator said:

I think you are right about some supporters, others like myself have still not gotten over the expulsion and how the boots were put to us and there are some like myself who haven't forgotten what happened in 86! We certainly need to be playing some matches to move on the best we can but I believe many will stick to their guns in holding many clubs in contempt!

I agree but my point is that as fans we can hold grudges for decades. Clubs can't. They have to play the game and act professionally.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, jambocub said:

Don't think anyone outside spl were able to play us as clubs playing friendlies needed to be testing twice a week 

English teams were up here and we played, we could go down and play them as we did with Burnley? Must’ve been teams in the north east we could’ve arranged a game with? The other championship clubs will need to start it soon if they’re wanting to play friendlies before the league cup starts.