No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

22 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Yup. Say what you want about Vlad, but he could create a fight in an empty house. Even better he concentrated and let rip on the OF and the media, at every given opportunity. For all his faults and negatives there were also a lot of positives , and he had the ability to create a siege mentality - something that we haven’t had since 

AB hasn’t got it in her and won’t change or go to the same lengths that the fans are prepared to go to, and for full on retribution - in the way that the fans wanted and expected it to happen.

I think we all knew that - deep down 

It was only a matter of time in that the “how far are you prepared to go”? Was really going to be challenged 

Agree with you here. We as supporters are emotional and expect the board to feel the same as we do... the thing is, we don't have to operate in these circles with these other clubs. While we see a manky, sh1tey club that lie's down for its big brother - RN sees guys he's probably worked and played with over the years... and has probably known since he was a kid.

A few months ago the hobo's ceo voted with the 'supporters'. This led to them losing out on a Euro spot, a reduction of £100s of thousands in prize monies, and probably the same in derby revenue - for what? To stick it to us!... do we really want to be THAT club?

Personally, I think HMFC have dropped the ball here, but they do have to put a professional face on things. How many times do we read about the boards of clubs not being 'in touch' with supporters, this was one of those times!... as has been said, we could have come up with something 'diplomatic' but we've no choice now but to move on. Hopefully this will feed down to board members - it was an huge own goal with the supporters! Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Iain, the sooner the football starts up again the better.  Then we can have something substantive to get pissed off about. :wink:

The way things are going, that might not happen! 

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

It's been a right shite few months and to be honest there's been times when Hearts have been far from my thoughts, the first time in about 40 years that Hearts haven't been part of my life. 

As things started to improve and the relegation situation was unfolding I started to pay attention to Hearts and few wee peeps on here to see what was happening with signings etc. This is my first post in a long while as it's sparked the Hearts fan in me again.

As a club and a support we've gone through some amount of ups and downs in my 40 years, but we've stood together and been proud to represent Heart of Midlothian in whatever capacity from players to staff to fans to owners that badge has meant something.

This one action alone is so far removed from what Heart of Midlothian should mean to all it's off the scale. It's not about Zlamal (who is a horrendous keeper) or that it's St Mirren it's the fact that after everything that's been done to us we've just rolled over and bailed out the very people that have shit on us all from a very great height. The club owe this fan base so much its unquantifiable.

Its time the custodians of our club started to switch on to the fans and restore the pride of Heart of Midlothian FC.

Great post!

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

We definitely missed a trick here , we should have knocked  St Mirren back on Saturday morning , forcing them to play a 40 year old coach or an outfield player in goals . 

That would have made the news and showed up Scottish Football for the farce it is . By helping out St Mirren we helped out the Spfl , that's what's annoying me .

Who exactly outside of Scotland would actually given a shit ?

Not even Sky , who have the TV deal, would have given it a mention as it didn't directly involve either of the arse cheeks

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Interesting that Hearts haven’t tweeted for two days now. Me thinks they are trying to let this blow over.

I think you are bang on, this isn't blowing over though, it will be interesting to see what the club have to say about this eventually, if anything, RN's justification obviously wasn't well received by many, this could be a important moment for the club and the support, I don't think I'm being a Drama Queen in this view!

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Agree with you here. We as supporters are emotional and expect the board to feel the same as we do... the thing is, we don't have to operate in these circles with these other clubs. While we see a manky, sh1tey club that lie's down for its big brother - RN sees guys he's probably worked and played with over the years... and has probably known since he was a kid.

A few months ago the hobo's ceo voted with the 'supporters'. This led to them losing out on a Euro spot, a reduction of £100s of thousands in prize monies, and probably the same in derby revenue - for what? To stick it to us!... do we really want to be THAT club?

Personally, I think HMFC have dropped the ball here, but they do have to put a professional face on things. How many times do we read about the boards of clubs not being 'in touch' with supporters, this was one of those times!... as has been said, we could have come up with something 'diplomatic' but we've no choice now but to move on. Hopefully this will feed down to board members - it was an huge own goal with the supporters! Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

No we want to be a club that only looks after ourselves, this loan is of no benefit to us whatsoever and has angered a portion of the fan base. It just wasn’t worth it as you say. 

2 minutes ago, gator said:

I think you are bang on, this isn't blowing over though, it will be interesting to see what the club have to say about this eventually, if anything, RN's justification obviously wasn't well received by many, this could be a important moment for the club and the support, I don't think I'm being a Drama Queen in this view!

What could they say that wouldn’t make the fire burn even more?

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

It's been a right shite few months and to be honest there's been times when Hearts have been far from my thoughts, the first time in about 40 years that Hearts haven't been part of my life. 

As things started to improve and the relegation situation was unfolding I started to pay attention to Hearts and few wee peeps on here to see what was happening with signings etc. This is my first post in a long while as it's sparked the Hearts fan in me again.

As a club and a support we've gone through some amount of ups and downs in my 40 years, but we've stood together and been proud to represent Heart of Midlothian in whatever capacity from players to staff to fans to owners that badge has meant something.

This one action alone is so far removed from what Heart of Midlothian should mean to all it's off the scale. It's not about Zlamal (who is a horrendous keeper) or that it's St Mirren it's the fact that after everything that's been done to us we've just rolled over and bailed out the very people that have shit on us all from a very great height. The club owe this fan base so much its unquantifiable.

Its time the custodians of our club started to switch on to the fans and restore the pride of Heart of Midlothian FC.

Great post.

Just now, davemclaren said:

That is my point, they really have put themselves in a difficult position by helping out hated rivals and the SPFL  which has alienated many fans, a massive miscalculation in my opinion, now what? Probably saying nothing would be their best approach because as you say, it would be difficult to come out with a statement that calms things down!

42 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

This is a fair point and is part of the game we never quite understand. It's pretty common for players from rival teams to be good mates - look at Foden and Greenwood joining forces to woo young ladies - because they see the game differently from us.

But no matter how friendly players and staff are, there are lines that need to be respected and i think in this case the Board had the right to step in and say this move doesn't work for us right now...and Robbie would just have to accept that.

Howwever, If St MIrren want to buy Zlamal, offer us an acceptable amount of money, and it gets him off our wages then we should listen to them, because it directly benefits us in a way that a one week loan doesn't.

Toxteth O'Grady
31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

“I am leaving the club with immediate effect”

Craig Fowler, Scotsman/EEN journalist & Terrace podcast host has stated it was not Robbie Neilson's decision and Hearts contacted St Mirren to arrange the loan. 

Gorgie Boot boy

This topic is lethal toxic a minefield full of hidden booby traps.

Commenting on this may seriously damage your loyalty and trust kudos.

2032748460.jpg

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

liquidise, ha ha, 😀.

😀 Good spot - Maybe it means the same as combust, but with liquid in it! Made more sense at the time 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Craig Fowler, Scotsman/EEN journalist & Terrace podcast host has stated it was not Robbie Neilson's decision and Hearts contacted St Mirren to arrange the loan. 

Someone said Goodwin mentioned on the radio he spoke to Neilson. No one else at the club has the authority to do this deal. 

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

No question. The absolute Majority of folk are seething with this decision and see it as full on betrayal. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is a fair point and is part of the game we never quite understand. It's pretty common for players from rival teams to be good mates - look at Foden and Greenwood joining forces to woo young ladies - because they see the game differently from us.

But no matter how friendly players and staff are, there are lines that need to be respected and i think in this case the Board had the right to step in and say this move doesn't work for us right now...and Robbie would just have to accept that.

Howwever, If St MIrren want to buy Zlamal, offer us an acceptable amount of money, and it gets him off our wages then we should listen to them, because it directly benefits us in a way that a one week loan doesn't.

It’s unlikely to happen again in this form because the circumstances were so unusual. But the fact that the club reacted to St Mirren in the way that they did tells you how out of touch they are

16 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

@Ethan Hunt We don't, but we can ask.  The Club has always been accommodating in the past so I'm optimistic that it could happen.  Let's give the man some time to get his feet wet first.

Thanks. Clout was maybe the wrong word, contact might have been more appropriate.

AMcK’s feet were wet enough for him to give interviews to the media, I’m sure they are wet enough to hear the views of the fans/share the vision of the club.

Given the trials and tribulations anyone with any connection/affection for the club has been through in the last few years, I’m sure we’d all appreciate some reassuring words from someone charged with driving the club forward 👍

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Someone said Goodwin mentioned on the radio he spoke to Neilson. No one else at the club has the authority to do this deal. 

Not sure, not heard Goodwin's interview. Even if hearts initiated the contact, I'd say it would be fairly normal for Goodwin to get a reference from Neilson. 

Glamorgan Jambo
22 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

This topic is lethal toxic a minefield full of hidden booby traps.

Commenting on this may seriously damage your loyalty and trust kudos.

2032748460.jpg

Great point and great photo.

If I remember correctly that game was Doddie’s bonus for getting us promoted.

Mind you Robbie had a testimonial already (the last one I remember us playing)

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Not sure, not heard Goodwin's interview. Even if hearts initiated the contact, I'd say it would be fairly normal for Goodwin to get a reference from Neilson. 

I’m not becoming a Patron to hear what that ***** Fowler has to say, if Neilson got in touch that’s even worse to be honest. 

Gorgie Boot boy

The photo was a shot in the dark a hope that some peace prevails, we all know following Hearts comes with the knowledge there are no guarantees insurances or in fact much more than Hope and sheer will for the team to do well and at least compete. We are all in need of a football side that is heaven sent. Somewhere in the past we all lost our way. My Heart has been broken and minded following the side. Some of the words and hysteria coming from the lads here is shocking to read. Remember who we are . We are the Gorgie Boot Boys

Nelly Terraces

The way I see it is that the 'Only Hearts' stance has already been fumbled by Hearts & it's yet another wasted opportunity under Budge for the club to show a bit more of a harder edge. This time though it's almost unanimously hacked off the entire support.

Until she's gone you can expect more of the same. Can't wait to see the photos of her & bestie Dempster having a good laugh at the semi final, I honestly doubt it would surprise anyone.

Edited by Nelly Terraces

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The way I see it is that the 'Only Hearts' stance has already been fumbled by Hearts & it's yet another wasted opportunity under Budge for the club to show a bit more of a harder edge. This time though it's almost unanimously hacked off the entire support.

Until she's gone you can expect more of the same. Can't wait to see the photos of her & bestie Dempster having a good laugh at the semi final, I honestly doubt it would surprise anyone.

Well said.

It appears that there are some that don't want the club to have a harder edge - despite what's happened to us.

They're petrified of upsetting some "bridge builders" from the likes of St Mirren & Raith Rovers!

Gorgie Boot boy
1 hour ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Great point and great photo.

If I remember correctly that game was Doddie’s bonus for getting us promoted.

Mind you Robbie had a testimonial already (the last one I remember us playing)

I meant to quote You in my post.

Gorgie Boot boy
12 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Interesting post. Hearts have undertaken one of the biggest re structuring of a football clubs Business in Scottish football for decades, the squad was neglected for the new stand plaza etc that i absolutely admire. Sure there is more to be done and much more money to spend and to be argued over. As far as i see the club have suffered on the football pitch more than ever, the confidence was shot clean through. This time round though Hearts have a real edge something to bite into a new Man at the helm who is looking through fresh eyes following the good guy rules, that our right to re claim our place at the top of Scottish football is on strong footings legally and also Chair to Chair . We have to earn it though in some the most humiliating way. Lead by example. Trust me Anne Budge is not the one to blame for our poor form, we know the names of the culprits deep down inside. Anne takes the blame and sometimes she is ruffled makes mistakes . Never has the woman let us down. Only Hearts has become a real symbol of togetherness and strength within our minds, do not allow the let down feeling to take over your love for our club. You will live to regret it in the depth of your soul.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

As I said on Sat night think you are wrong here. SPFL contacted Hearts and asked for help. Bobby was only real option due to testing requirements and injuries to Gordon and Stone. 

Edited by soonbe110

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

As I said on Sat night think you are wrong here. SPFL contacted Hearts and asked for help. Bobby was only real option due to testing requirements and injuries to Gordon and Stone. 

We could have politely said no to them. Even the SPFL cannot force clubs to send a player out on loan. If that is the case then we have helped out the SPFL more than St Mirren.

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The fire would burn, Dave, but only because the club ignited it in the first place. 

I am calmer about this now but surely anyone with any foresight or thought for the supporters would know that this wouldn't go down well.

Not going down well doesn’t mean it’s not the right thing to do. RN seems to think it’s the right thing. 

Gorgie Boot boy

All this rage chat and never going back nonsense over a third choice keeper that should never be in our squad in the first place, that supposed football fans with knowledge see as the choice of a former chair woman of Hearts Fc.  Laughable patter. People knew Romanov picked the most successful side seen in Gorgie for decades and still bemoaned it. Wonderful times watching a proper football side take the arse out of most teams around them bar Gretna . Bobby was sent out on loan to boost his confidence in the SPL, no idea if he even trained with his new team mates. Then he loses goals against the underwear sniffers and he is put right under pressure. This is one of our players we should be demanding him come right back cancel pay off his contract. I feel sad and disappointed in and for him, he should of told Hearts to bolt he wasn't going to Covid Fc. That is what i am angry about is his weak character, get him out the door please put him and us out our misery.

Toxteth O'Grady
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Not going down well doesn’t mean it’s not the right thing to do. RN seems to think it’s the right thing. 

If that’s what he thinks then he isn’t the right man for the job

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

6 minutes ago, David Black said:

We could have politely said no to them. Even the SPFL cannot force clubs to send a player out on loan. If that is the case then we have helped out the SPFL more than St Mirren.

We could have and many would have been happy. In some respects I would have been as well. However, we need football to happen as scheduled until end January at the earliest. We need to see top league games played and lower leagues started on schedule in October. Otherwise there is a real risk that the leagues are halted before they can be realistically called and we end up in the Championship for a second season. Whoever made the decision at Hearts on Saturday almost certainly had this in mind. 
Yes, bitterness etc could have made us say stuff you based on what happened over the summer however we must not let bitterness and grievance get in the way of us getting back in to the top league by next summer at the latest. 

9 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

If that’s what he thinks then he isn’t the right man for the job

In your opinion which You already thought that before this so nothing changed for you. 

Edited by Dazo

15 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

All this rage chat and never going back nonsense over a third choice keeper that should never be in our squad in the first place, that supposed football fans with knowledge see as the choice of a former chair woman of Hearts Fc.  Laughable patter. People knew Romanov picked the most successful side seen in Gorgie for decades and still bemoaned it. Wonderful times watching a proper football side take the arse out of most teams around them bar Gretna . Bobby was sent out on loan to boost his confidence in the SPL, no idea if he even trained with his new team mates. Then he loses goals against the underwear sniffers and he is put right under pressure. This is one of our players we should be demanding him come right back cancel pay off his contract. I feel sad and disappointed in and for him, he should of told Hearts to bolt he wasn't going to Covid Fc. That is what i am angry about is his weak character, get him out the door please put him and us out our misery.

C’mon mate. You know fine well it’s not just about loaning a keeper to st Mirren. There’s a fair bit of context to consider as well. 

Speaking personally, I think it was a poor decision. I was a bit miffed to begin with but given the horrendous decision making from individuals at hearts over the last few years this latest own goal is hardly surprising. It’s just a shame the club is so out of touch with its fan base they alienated some of them for a deal that’s worth virtually nothing to the club.  

Edited by GinRummy

Toxteth O'Grady
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

In your opinion which You already thought that before this so nothing changed for you. 

It just reinforced my opinion. It doesn’t surprise me that he thinks it is OK to help other clubs and disrespect the fans. He has form for it. 

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, GinRummy said:

C’mon mate. You know fine well it’s not just about loaning a keeper to st Mirren. There’s a fair bit of context to consider as well. 

Speaking personally, I think it was a poor decision. I was a bit miffed to begin with but given the horrendous decision making from individuals at hearts over the last few years this latest own goal is hardly surprising. It’s just a shame the club is so out of touch with its fan base they alienated them for a deal that’s worth virtually nothing to the club.  

It is a terrible decision there is no escaping it and is exactly why i feel we need to move ahead of the utter nonsense regarding it, when is all the moaning going to stop regarding what has been and gone. We have a new man in charge why not see it as a good step. Come on move forward swallow the bitterness of 86. I will end up crying with all this hurt. We need a successful football side to give our passion too and idolize, trust me i have suffered through the utter shite way Hearts have been treated through the decades, we the fans deserve better. Until we all move on the stench of defeat will hold us back. Thanks for your post  

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not becoming a Patron to hear what that ***** Fowler has to say, if Neilson got in touch that’s even worse to be honest. 

It was implied it was budge that got in touch. Not Neilson. 

Gorgie Boot boy
9 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

The situation was so dire for St Mirren that no one would go on loan to the club from a list of a couple of dozen Goalies, the call was between Chair to Chair i am led to believe will be released to know this week. The football department qualified it as they saw it as a good move for Bobby and us. They were not thinking about it as we the fans do. I am surprised by the way your minds work, this lockdown has broken a few people. Hearts fans do not give up on the Club easily. If Hearts are found to of offered Bobby to them then that would be an utter disgrace and end the career of whoever signed it off.

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s not me it’s someone who heard Goodwin say it so take it up with them, I think he might know better. I’m not sure the SPFL would be involved.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

As I said someone said Goodwin implies it was Neilson, not great either way. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

54 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Cannot be true, surely. 

(imagine he was fit and we had sent them Gordon 😮😂)

Dusk_Till_Dawn
24 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

SHAN BUDGE probably paid St Liedown for the privilege 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Cannot be true, surely. 

(imagine he was fit and we had sent them Gordon 😮😂)

There’s more stories now about how this came about than injuries in a Levein squad. I suppose one of them might be true. 🥴

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

There’s more stories now about how this came about than injuries in a Levein squad. I suppose one of might be true. 🥴

Maybe a brief statement from the club explaining who contacted who and who made the decision would put a stop to all the stories. Bearing in mind the hornets nest and anger this has caused.