No self respect / backbone

Selkirkhmfc1874

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely. 

What role do you think Budge played in loaning Zlamal to St Mirren (emotion and rivalry aside, a solid playing and financial decision)?

I'm going with none.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

English teams were up here and we played, we could go down and play them as we did with Burnley? Must’ve been teams in the north east we could’ve arranged a game with? The other championship clubs will need to start it soon if they’re wanting to play friendlies before the league cup starts. 

We're going to need to ramp up with friendlies and match sharpness from now on. We're into that phase. Previously we were mostly in pre-season fitness phase.

The facts are we need Premiership teams to play friendlies against.

Pasquale for King
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I agree but my point is that as fans we can hold grudges for decades. Clubs can't. They have to play the game and act professionally.

Not all clubs, there’s plenty that hold grudges and don’t deal with the others. Especially in Italy and Spain to an extent. Apart from having someone from the other half take over a seat on the SPFL board the uglies don’t deal with other much do they?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not all clubs, there’s plenty that hold grudges and don’t deal with the others. Especially in Italy and Spain to an extent. Apart from having someone from the other half take over a seat on the SPFL board the uglies don’t deal with other much do they?

And they look like total dicks. As St Mirren do right now. Goodwin saying this makes Scottish football look like a joke is just comical. And you're delusional if you don't think Rangers and Celtic are very cosy behind the scenes and have been for decades. Now and then, they won't be, but in general they are.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What role do you think Budge played in loaning Zlamal to St Mirren (emotion and rivalry aside, a solid playing and financial decision)?

I'm going with none.

Why don’t you ask the guy whose post I agreed with? Her choice of manager is solely responsible for either misreading the feelings of the fans or ignoring them. He should’ve been instructed by her that we help nobody, look after ourselves now like everyone else. We tried to help Scottish football, it’s was laughed out of court and we’re still being laughed at. So none directly in this instance but in general some. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And they look like total dicks. As St Mirren do right now. Goodwin saying this makes Scottish football look like a joke is just comical. And you're delusional if you don't think Rangers and Celtic are very cosy behind the scenes and have been for decades. Now and then, they won't be, but in general they are.

Show us the proof that they are? Even if they are they don’t show it and annoy a huge percentage of their fan base. 
Thet look like total dicks, at least the whole country isn’t laughing at them and the butt of everyone’s jokes. 
That’s on Budge, and her pal. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 hours ago, Last Laff said:

You said last month or so ago that you didn’t want us to loan to any scumbag clubs ever again.  Now it’s okay if it’s clowns or for our benefit? Ie back every single decision the club make and make excuses.  

I don't,  however this rates low on the seethe scale. 

Its actually a little bit ironic. Taking utter pish and paying us seems like a result 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We're going to need to ramp up with friendlies and match sharpness from now on. We're into that phase. Previously we were mostly in pre-season fitness phase.

It’s not a fact a all, we can play English teams, we have and they were well ahead of us in preparation. You’re making stuff up as usual. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Is she? This was a footballing decision and as such will have come down to Robbie Neilson. Maybe if there a hard time to be given it should be given to him, or do you want Ann Budge to interfere in the footballing side? 

I read plenty of posts from posters on here that are trying everything they can to undermine any type of siege mentality/backing at the club. I appreciate people have different views but there’s some fairly obvious ones whose agendas have been clear, consistent and constant, no matter what. 

No-one can deny that plenty of mistakes have been made, but some people need to give it a fecking rest with the negativity.

If this scenario had been produced when you were doing your Rumpole of the Bailey act then there’s no way you’d be on board with this. Sorry St Mirren we can’t help for obvious reasons should have been the reply. We’ve also saved the blushes of the SPFL. The negativity has returned because of this appalling decision. 

45 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

I used to laugh at Hibs for peddling an attitude that the style of football was more important than the three points tbh. A few fans have adopted that mantra in recent seasons, so y’know... 🤷‍♂️

3 points are rare for us these days.

12 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why would Premiership teams want to play us in friendlies during their season? We don't normally play Championship teams in friendlies in September or October, can't see them doing it this year for our benefit.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s not a fact a all, we can play English teams, we have and they were well ahead of us in preparation. You’re making stuff up as usual. 

I would imagine it's a fair bit easier logistically, and probably therefore cheaper, to play teams an hour or so away at most, for both us and English teams.

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I agree but my point is that as fans we can hold grudges for decades. Clubs can't. They have to play the game and act professionally.

Really? We are talking about a club who openly mocked us on their official web page  and whose officials run to the media to castigate us, whose fans openly took the piss at every turn. Now they look to us for favours and we oblige. The professional thing to have done would have been a firm but polite no with no further comment from us.

Edited by Deevers

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How many premiership teams do you think will give us friendlies during their season?

the one v St mirren only came about because of a break for nations league.

no teams will be risking their players midweek before important league games.

but keep peddling that.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, fancy a brew said:

Why would Premiership teams want to play us in friendlies during their season? We don't normally play Championship teams in friendlies in September or October, can't see them doing it this year for our benefit.

We already have played St Mirren during their season.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Really? We are talking about a club who openly mocked us on their official web page  and whose officials run to the media to castigate us, whose fans openly took the piss at every turn. Now they look to us for favours and we oblige. The profession thing to have done would have been a firm but polite no with no further comment from us.

Yes, and they're busy deleting all that from social media 😅 Their main account delete tweets. Their goalie coach deleted tweets. They look like the petty idiots they are.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Who said anything about favours. 

Goodwin said they were due us a favour, **** knows what that will entail. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If this scenario had been produced when you were doing your Rumpole of the Bailey act then there’s no way you’d be on board with this. Sorry St Mirren we can’t help for obvious reasons should have been the reply. We’ve also saved the blushes of the SPFL. The negativity has returned because of this appalling decision. 

Not sure about this. The SPFL look incompetent again as the St Mirren game really should have been postponed if Aberdeen and Celtic ones were. And St Mirren look extremely petty and childish.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, 1874robbo said:

Because of a break in the league 

Still during the season. The fact is they're the only teams we can have a hope of playing friendlies with.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yes, and they're busing deleting all that from social media 😅 They look like the petty idiots they are.

Exactly, however we have long memories. The pity is that those in the club who thought this was ok have pretty short ones.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm going with none.

Then perhaps she should have. 

Irrespective of individual views on this, a substantial percentage of supporters are clearly unhappy with the decision to loan a player to a club who were pretty vocal about our deserving of expulsion. 

Not alienating a large part of our support outweighs helping out a club who were desperate for a helping hand.

She has to look at the whole picture, not just a routine football decision as per RN's explanation

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

How many premiership teams do you think will give us friendlies during their season?

the one v St mirren only came about because of a break for nations league.

no teams will be risking their players midweek before important league games.

but keep peddling that.

Then who do you suggest we play? Maybe we'll play a Premierships team's reserves.

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We already have played St Mirren during their season.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Then who do you suggest we play? Maybe we'll play a Premierships team's reserves.

Our season starts in 5 weeks and there's another international break in 4 weeks, so we could play a Premiership team then, but I'd hope we've got friendlies arranged in the meantime. As I said previously, I doubt any Premiership teams will be interested.

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That’s about all we’d get, least you’re coming around to the idea we ain’t getting another first eleven prem team friendly again during the season 👍🏻

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

That’s about all we’d get, least you’re coming around to the idea we ain’t getting another first eleven prem team friendly again during the season 👍🏻

Didn't think we would anyhow. Was it St Mirren's first team we played? It wasn't even ours.

1 hour ago, Beast Boy said:

Think it must have been merged in to that thread. It was born on a thread called “Hearts First”. Thanks though, saved Dave the effort. :lol: 

I based my career on assuming that if you leave something long enough someone else will do it. 👍

8 hours ago, Beast Boy said:

Well actually, no Gwen, that is quite clearly not the case. As much as it suits your mental capacity to get your head around people forming their own opinions on a case by case basis. Plenty posters who had differing opinions on the two matters on display on this thread. You just need to try and get your head around people holding a different opinion to you on one subject and not another. 

“Gwen” 😂😘

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“Gwen” 😂😘

I didn’t say anything at the time as you two had been getting along so well. 🥴

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

We've become everything we used to laugh at Hibs for...yet some absolutely lap it up.

An utter laughing stock. Trying to claim some moral high ground whilst the top division get on with playing games. 

I couldn’t care less about other fans taking the ****, that’s to be expected, but clubs are using official social media to take the **** and that’s unacceptable. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I didn’t say anything at the time as you two had been getting along so well. 🥴

Our secret is out! 🤗

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

An utter laughing stock. Trying to claim some moral high ground whilst the top division get on with playing games. 

I couldn’t care less about other fans taking the ****, that’s to be expected, but clubs are using official social media to take the **** and that’s unacceptable. 

Our restaurant’s got a good rating on trip advisor though mate and orchestras want to play on our pitch 

5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Any chance we could let all this go now and move on?  (I post this more in hope than expectation)

Just "take our medicine"?😀

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Our restaurant’s got a good rating on trip advisor though mate and orchestras want to play on our pitch 

You’re trying too hard now. 😄

😁 

(Have to say, the fact the restaurant is good is fair play, and it seems to be quite successful)

It’s the same old story with us:

Off field = decent

On field = *****

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

You’re trying too hard now. 😄

Look, here’s the thing. I want to be positive about Hearts. It’s a big part of my life. But I hate this regime. Honestly I do. They’re just shit (in my opinion, and only my opinion). So frustrating 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, gator said:

Just "take our medicine"?😀

We loaned St Mirren our worst goalie after they came to us with the begging bowl and they got humped 3-0 to a backdrop of SPFL incompetence. Having previously supported the SPFL blindly they're now "squealing like pigs" about the unfairness of it all.

Not sure it's us taking any medicine.

18Jambo_dave74
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Spot on. 

If we were 2nd in the league and Hibs were in the league below and saying things like “at least we acted professionally” and tweeting about what a wonderful restaurant they have we’d be laughing our heads off at them.

We are a soft touch and have been for a while now.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

😁

(Have to say, the fact the restaurant is good is fair play, and it seems to be quite successful)

Off field = decent

On field = *****

No doubt In our  effort to “build bridges” Doncaster, Petrie and Lawell will all be invited to have a freebie there.

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I based my career on assuming that if you leave something long enough someone else will do it. 👍

:mad: I know the sort. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't,  however this rates low on the seethe scale. 

Its actually a little bit ironic. Taking utter pish and paying us seems like a result 

Sound mate, respect your viewpoint despite not agreeing 👍

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

No doubt In our  effort to “build bridges” Doncaster, Petrie and Lawell will all be invited to have a freebie there.

What’s that dodgy fish that can kill you if you don’t cook it properly? Asking for a friend...

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

😁

Off field = decent

On field = *****

I should try the restaurant tbf. Is it pricey?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Look, here’s the thing. I want to be positive about Hearts. It’s a big part of my life. But I hate this regime. Honestly I do. They’re just shit (in my opinion, and only my opinion). So frustrating 

Saved the club, saved and improved Tynecastle, secured millions in donations, put us in a strong position to ride out this crisis in better shape than possibly any club outwith the OF.... shit? Even on the pitch we had 2.5 seasons ranging from excellent to very good, followed by a meh season and then a horrific season. Budge isn't great at PR but then I'm suspicious of people who are personally. 

I should try the restaurant tbf. Is it pricey?

Not been but heard decent reviews. I glanced at the menu a while back and don’t remember being too shocked at the prices. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Saved the club, saved and improved Tynecastle, secured millions in donations, put us in a strong position to ride out this crisis in better shape than possibly any club outwith the OF.... shit? Even on the pitch we had 2.5 seasons ranging from excellent to very good, followed by a meh season and then a horrific season. Budge isn't great at PR but then I'm suspicious of people who are personally. 

If she didn’t allow certain people to fritter and waste Money away in the transfer market you would have had a good point there.

I’m not, however, getting the seethe about giving that shower from Paisley a third rate keeper on loan, and that probably won’t ever play for us again, tbh 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Me and you tangle a lot and I’m sorry if I ever make it personal. I’m getting tired of my own attitude. But it seems to me that Budge ignored the glaringly obvious. Loads of us on here could see the standard of football declining badly and could see that Levein was shot. I can’t accept that it was left to fester. I really feel that the indifference comes from the top and that won’t change while Budge is here. My opinion.

I’ve donated 50 quid a month to FOH for six years (or since the scheme started). I’ve bought a season ticket for this season even though we probably won’t get in and even though work and geography means I’d miss loads of games anyway. Even if I act like a *****, I’m not actually wanting this club to go nowhere. It just seems that we are going nowhere.

Toxteth O'Grady
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Do we still make breakfast for children?