Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Sturgeon definitely furious and if you read between the diplomatic lines the SFA/SPL had to be dragged to making the decision to pull the game. 
It should not have taken a meeting with the government to cancel the game. It should have been done as soon as the twats tested positive.

SPFL trying to create the impression with Sky that it was a govt decision - that media deal, Neil. Oh dear. 

Is there anything the SPFL would not do to protect their precious TV deal. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Hectormasson
8 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Aberdeen should have to forfeit the match. As simple as that. 

Give st johnstone 3points and a 3-0 win.....

Hope they make an example of the *****. Award the match to St Johnstone and hammer them with a fine.

Name and shame the arsehole players as well.

Edited by iantjambo

Spitonastranger
31 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Sturgeon has made that very clear.

A clear breach of rules agreed between the football authorities and the SG.

The tie must be awarded to St. Johnstone, imo.

Although I agree with you, they wont in case the OF mucks up

3fingersreid
12 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

I reckon that by going to that bar at the weekend, those players have unwittingly killed off some lower league clubs as there is even less chance of fans being allowed in come October now. 

Oh I do ****ing hope so 

wonder what smart arse dick gordon will have to say about it 

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Sorry for quoting the whole content but this is not exactly what Nicola has said and just now in answering a question said that it was the "FOOTBALL AUTHORITIES" that have taken the decision to postpone the game. The SG made their opinions clear in the meeting but it was not the SG that postponed the game.

I suspect that Nicola will be sticking her stiletto right up the Donkeys poop shute for that comment from the SFA/SPFL.

Not a good idea to think you can bully the First Minister of Scotland. The man is a FUD

I think the language from the SG to the SPFL/SFA will have left them in no doubt what their decision should be. 

Benny Factor
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Also ensure twice weekly testing for the foreseeable future.

Yip, crippling for the likes of Brechin. Shame that! :)

10 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Sorry for quoting the whole content but this is not exactly what Nicola has said and just now in answering a question said that it was the "FOOTBALL AUTHORITIES" that have taken the decision to postpone the game. The SG made their opinions clear in the meeting but it was not the SG that postponed the game.

I suspect that Nicola will be sticking her stiletto right up the Donkeys poop shute for that comment from the SFA/SPFL.

Not a good idea to think you can bully the First Minister of Scotland. The man is a FUD

WTF is a "public health outbreak" ? 

The SPFL statement reeks of panic. 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I think the language from the SG to the SPFL/SFA will have left them in no doubt what their decision should be. 

Absolutely but the SG cannot be blamed for any loss of revenue by SKY because it was the SFA/SPFL that made the decision. The SFA/SPFL statement suggest that the decision was taken by the SG.

Hagar the Horrible

OH My Dear God, he just does not get it

We can't do any more - Robinson

Talking to the media this morning, Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson has been reacting to the news coming out of Pittodrie last night.

"I’m being told that people working on the front line on the NHS only get tested if they are symptomatic," he said. "We’re testing two or three times a week.

"We can’t do any more. If someone is positive, they get taken out.

"It doesn’t matter if it’s your best player or a young kid, they get taken out and anyone that’s been in contact with them gets taken out and that’s the sacrifice Scottish football is making - and I think they have to be credited for it, not vilified."

Naw ya muppet, stay out of plague ridden pubs, stay out of pubs full stop!, remain in the bubble, Dont break the rules,

Its not a big ask

So yes YOU CAN DO MORE - Hagar

30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

"Request was received from the SG"...no, you were telt to sort yourselves out and follow the rules you agreed to, although we know that following agreed rules isn't something that comes naturally to the SPFL.

IveSeenTheLight
14 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Johnny Hayes central midfield? 

He's played there before and played quite well actually.

The games off now though

SectionDJambo
18 minutes ago, Nathan2012 said:

Wonder if Dick Gordon and Dick Miller on Sportsound will be saying very much on this??

Dick may very well be incredulous at the country being incredulous about how irresponsible Aberdeen fc have been.

How ironic that the Sportsound cheerleaders for the SPFLs handling of this entire farce, since Good Friday, will now have to eat humble pie about their club bursting these essential rules to protect public safety. 

Instead of spending the summer making sure all the required safety measures and broadcasting streams were in place to maximise revenue for all the clubs, Scottish football put most of it's effort into punishing 3 clubs for being in the wrong league position at the wrong arbitrary time.

What a complete failure the much heralded "working party" has been. Sadly typical of the current day governance of Scottish football.

11 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I hope St Johnstone put a complaint in here.  This should be treated as a forfeit, not a postponement.

Indeed. In a case like this the points should be awarded to St Johnstone.

3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Talking to the media this morning, Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson has been reacting to the news coming out of Pittodrie last night.

"I’m being told that people working on the front line on the NHS only get tested if they are symptomatic," he said. "We’re testing two or three times a week.

"It doesn’t matter if it’s your best player or a young kid, they get taken out and anyone that’s been in contact with them gets taken out and that’s the sacrifice Scottish football is making - and I think they have to be credited for it, not vilified."

Naw ya muppet, stay out of plague ridden pubs, stay out of pubs full stop!, remain in the bubble, Dont break the rules,

Its not a big ask

‘Sacrifice’ ?  You sure about that Stephen? ******* sacrifice. Dickhead. 

Edited by GinRummy

Have we heard anything from that ****hole cretin Doncaster yet????  I wonder how “vindicated” he’s feeling right about now.  I’ve been expecting karma to come calling to all these parasites but I didn’t expect it to happen so soon.  The beauty of it is this is only just the start.

Seriously though Sky should be considering why they want to invest so much money into a comedy show like this.  They should be examining the small print in their contract as we speak.  

GIRUY 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

He's played there before and played quite well actually.

The games off now though

So you are not symptomatic then? Whats you take on Aberdeeeeeen doing the best to kill the game,  I would like to see a blood soaked fist stabing your badge with a knife

4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Its not a big ask

What an absolute clown.  And to think we were heavily linked with him to take over after Levein.  With that kind of thinking we dodged a bullet big time.  

IveSeenTheLight
14 hours ago, Barack said:

Gio, if they were out for a meal last Saturday. When did the spike in Aberdeen start? Week before?

The trace appears to go back to 26th July, however this was not known / shared until this week.

It seems like the players went out for a meal after the match and it was apparently only two of the players (numpties) that then headed on into town.

It was not known that there was an outbreak on 01st August

1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

Absolutely but the SG cannot be blamed for any loss of revenue by SKY because it was the SFA/SPFL that made the decision. The SFA/SPFL statement suggest that the decision was taken by the SG.

SPFL are cystal clear  🙄- they were requested to postpone it.

But without saying this was at the request of the SG and also it says the JRG "must adhere to the request" - as though the JRG isn't part of the SPFL. Doncaster desperately trying to make out SPFL didn't pull the plug. 

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

The trace appears to go back to 26th July, however this was not known / shared until this week.

It seems like the players went out for a meal after the match and it was apparently only two of the players (numpties) that then headed on into town.

Hope they’re alright and don’t fall too badly ill. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

SPFL are cystal clear  🙄- they were requested to postpone it.

But without saying this was at the request of the SG and also it says the JRG "must adhere to the request" - as though the JRG isn't part of the SPFL. Doncaster desperately trying to make out SPFL didn't pull the plug. 

Aberdeen have basically been suspended from professional football. 

Pretty unprecedented. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

St Johnstone must be awarded a 3-0 win and Aberdeen punished financially for failing to control their players. 

Surely a self inflicted postponed match should be awarded to the other team. Its not like they caught it in Tesco doing the food shop.

Club should be fined, players should be fined, St Johnson awarded 3 points.

Embarrassing.

Nookie Bear
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

St Johnstone must be awarded a 3-0 win and Aberdeen punished financially for failing to control their players. 

Correct. This was no accident, it was negligence. 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

There was 8 players in the pub, and they all spent all week at training, The training was abandoned only yesterday, you are down 8 players for the next 2 games now, but you should not get this game replayed with a full squad and a fit again cosgrove, its cheating

Mid Calder Jambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Correct. This was no accident, it was negligence. 

We had a negligent management team last season and it cost us our place in the league.  Aberdeen should forfeit the game due to their players negligence.

Just as bad as drunk driving imo with the potential to kill a lot more people.

Just "numpties" according to the resident Don. 

Sweep  sweep sweep unprecended times, we've done all we could sweep sweep sweep. 

Oh well, at least the Red Army will be able to sing

"We are the famous Aberdeen"!!!

Over to the leadership, stop laughing at the back, of the SFA & SPFL to deal with this matter in a "fair" manner to SJ & other teams in their tin pot league. There must be sanctions taken & not just a shrug of the shoulders & swept under the carpet. Fines, Points Awarded come to mind & I hope Aberdeen apply internal fines to those concerned. Hope SPFL are also considering the next games vs Accies & Ceptic which should also be postponed if they are to maintain any sort of consistency with tomorrow's decision. 

Wonder if Mr Petrie will put it down to over exuberance on behalf of the Dandy Dons by keeping the defeat down to 1 goal on Saturday.

Remember Aberdeen are part of the "elite sportsmen" who have been given special treatment during this pandemic!! 

NS being quite clear that decision to postpone was not Scottish Government's. Also mentioned that fans are not responsible for the decision, solely in hands of privileged footballers who decided it was okay to go to a bar in the middle of the situation in Aberdeen.

Mid Calder Jambo
2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

There was 8 players in the pub, and they all spent all week at training, The training was abandoned only yesterday, you are down 8 players for the next 2 games now, but you should not get this game replayed with a full squad and a fit again cosgrove, its cheating

Spot on.  Aberdeen should be forced to play with whoever is fit be it laddies or sheep.

NaturalOrder74

Points deduction

Banned from Europe 

pay the fine from sky 

forced to play the postponed games at a later date and or accept a 3-0 defeat for each game IMO 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

Just as bad as drunk driving imo with the potential to kill a lot more people.

Just "numpties" according to the resident Don. 

Sweep  sweep sweep unprecended times, we've done all we could sweep sweep sweep. 

“Humans”, according the Amy MacDonald. 

If they don't give the 3 points to St Johnstone then what is to stop teams who are struggling with injuries breaking the rules to give themselves a week or 2 to recover? It's madness

27 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Throw them out of the league, and replace them with us.

Aberdeen FC have caused a mass outbreak in their area, putting tthe local jakeys at risk. as well as the league.  , burn down the stadium.  Or as Keef put it...£1m fine and expel.  Who is to say they are not Typhoid Mary,  Patient Zero?

Force Richard Gordon to light the pyre at Pittodrie

This, has to be.

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

So you are not symptomatic then? Whats you take on Aberdeeeeeen doing the best to kill the game,  I would like to see a blood soaked fist stabing your badge with a knife

If they were just out for a meal (as one of the pictures suggested) then its uncertain if that was against the guidelines.

The Soul bar is a pub, but also a restaurant (if that's where they were).

The rumour is that some of the players were in for a meal and two of the group then carried on. 

An investigation will be carried out and those who disregarded the guidelines should be hammered.

I was all for accepting Aberdeen "take their medicine" and the games be played, especially if players (even if it was just one) compromised the club by straying outwith the rules.

Had they went for a meal and then home and were unfortunate to get caught up with the unknown outbreak, then I would have had some sympathy, but those that broke the rules has impacted the wider group and the club as a result.

The Old Tolbooth

The amount of fans of other teams that are just not getting this is staggering, the simple fact is that if they want the football leagues to be played, then there's a strict protocol that they need to adhere to, that's their job, that's what they signed up for, that's part of being a professional ffs!

This does NOT include going out to disease ridden high risk places and getting steaming drunk with the rest of your team mates, and the very fact they've done this and now Aberdeen has a high infection rate again is just plain stupidity, I personally think that they should be hammered for this and made an example of, but they won't be, because it's only Hearts, Partick, and Stranraer that will be made to financially suffer from Covid! 

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

If they were just out for a meal (as one of the pictures suggested) then its uncertain if that was against the guidelines.

The rumour is that some of the players were in for a meal and two of the group then carried on. 

An investigation will be carried out and those who disregarded the guidelines should be hammered.

I was all for accepting Aberdeen "take their medicine" and the games be played, especially if players (even if it was just one) compromised the club by straying outwith the rules.

Had they went for a meal and then home and were unfortunate to get caught up with the unknown outbreak, then I would have had some sympathy, but those that broke the rules has impacted the wider group and the club as a result.

. A maximum of 8 people, from up to 3 different households can meet indoors. 

Nice try

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I generally don't have  an issue with what you post on here but you can GTF with that disingenuous nonsense.  Guidelines or not, your club / fans cannot possibly throw that out as a defence. 

The Natural Order

Aberdeen will want as many home games as possible postponed until fans can attend. They'll try actually benefit from this. If Aberdeen can't field a team for a scheduled game then it must surly awarded to the opposition.

If fans are banned when the first Old Firm game comes around watch for an outbreak in Glasgow that forces a postponement.

Hagar the Horrible
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I am all for team bonding, but the rules were clear?  But even under normal times they should not be drinking, which they were,  This should apply to all players all over the world.  But to be out drinking after losing to Sevco, in a game where they never turned up, but did turn up in the pub?  Its not Aberdeen FC's fault, but they are the ones who should be punished,  But the SFA should give them a 3 game ban, as when this games gets replayed, you have a fully fit squad?  where is the justice in that for St Johnstone?  Their players remained in their bubble

47 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Still baffles me to this day that professional athletes are sat having a pint at the pub. Nevermind during this pandemic.

Scottish football proving what an amateurish country with how we approach our game.

Doige and another unnamed hibs player were raking about lothian road at 3am on sunday morning trying to get into a student flat party 

5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The amount of fans of other teams that are just not getting this is staggering, the simple fact is that if they want the football leagues to be played, then there's a strict protocol that they need to adhere to, that's their job, that's what they signed up for, that's part of being a professional ffs!

This does NOT include going out to disease ridden high risk places and getting steaming drunk with the rest of your team mates, and the very fact they've done this and now Aberdeen has a high infection rate again is just plain stupidity, I personally think that they should be hammered for this and made an example of, but they won't be, because it's only Hearts, Partick, and Stranraer that will be made to financially suffer from Covid! 

Spot on. No other way of looking at it. 

It’s supposed to be an elite sport. It just shows how much of a joke our game is and where as a society it also slips.  

TyphoonJambo

Sorry, not currently living in Scotland, so what rules did they break and are these different for football players? 

IveSeenTheLight
4 minutes ago, Gone said:

. A maximum of 8 people, from up to 3 different households can meet indoors. 

Nice try

I don't know who stays with who.

Devlin and McKenna apparently share a place, but don;t know how many others are involved.

I also don't know what the rules are for football players in "their bubble" who are regularly tested.

They're certainly not subject to that at training or even match days.

Listen, I'm not defending it. It looks like at least two of the players are definately in the wrong.

Whoever is confirmed as being at fault should be hammered.

Fxxx the SPFL

Hmmm i wonder what repercussions we would have been hit with had it been our players out on the lash expelled to another lower league.

davemclaren
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

I don't know who stays with who.

Devlin and McKenna apparently share a place, but don;t know how many others are involved.

I also don't know what the rules are for football players in "their bubble" who are regularly tested.

They're certainly not subject to that at training or even match days.

Listen, I'm not defending it. It looks like at least two of the players are definately in the wrong.

Whoever is confirmed as being at fault should be hammered.

Correct answer.