Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

11 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Slightly off topic. 

4 in ICU 

Zero deaths. 

101 cases in Aberdeen.

Sturgeon getting stuck into to the players. 😳

Scottish government pulled the game at a meeting with the SFA this morning. 

Brilliant, you can't have one rule for the workers and another for the players. Doncaster etal, take note.

+

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Glamorgan Jambo

Don’t forget how the SPFL dragged their feet on cancelling the Rangers vs Celtic game back in March. On The Thursday before the game the Scottish Government banned mass gatherings of more than 100 or so people. The SPFL then made a press release saying they’d be ‘seeking clarification’ from the Scot Gov’t. The ‘clarification discussion’ lasted all of 30

seconds the next day.

Rogue Daddy
33 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I do not think they will get any kind of punishment for this unless there are direct costs incurred by St J for staging the game?

Just cannot see the SPFL going down that road.

Definitely not, next week it could be tone of the uglies!

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Sums it up perfectly.

Question to be posed to SPFL/Doncaster : what are the consequences for clubs & players who wilfully break the rules ?  In fact , are there any ? 

Although like anything in Scottish football I don't really expect it to be an  issue for the media until one of the OF has a postponement and then the rags will start panicking over the league getting called and it costing one of them the title. 

I would guess that such breaches could be covered by the "good faith" rule.

Still baffles me to this day that professional athletes are sat having a pint at the pub. Nevermind during this pandemic.

Scottish football proving what an amateurish country with how we approach our game.

Edited by jambopilms

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Leadership from the SPFL board. Non existent.

Leadership from the SFA. Non existent.

Yet there will still be lackies and sycophants in the Scottish media saying Doncaster et al are doing a good job.

Exactly right. 

ToadKiller Dog

If I was head of disneys UK dept I would be offering doncaster a sponsorship deal .

The Mickey Mouse league sells its self .

1 minute ago, Barack said:

So surely the other 2 games wil also be off. Aberdeen will still be missing those players come the Celtic match, as they come to the end of their isolation periods.

🤔 making it a bit easier for Celtic. 

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

Still baffles me to this day that professional athletes are sat having a pint at the pub. Nevermind during this pandemic.

Scottish football in a nutshell.  And we wonder why we're shite.

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, drumie jambo said:

As much as I dont like St.Johnstone they should be awarded a 3-0 win and Aberdeen should be hammered financially

This.

What is the punishment for failing to fulfill a fixture??

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

So it seems it's more about Aberdeen breaking the rules rather than just about 2 players being positive.

The Scottish Government has effectively suspended Aberdeen from playing football until all their arrangements are checked. Their cleaning, how players travel, social distancing etc. 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

So surely the other 2 games wil also be off. Aberdeen will still be missing those players come the Celtic match, as they come to the end of their isolation periods.

Not sure its got anything to do with how many players are missing.

Have to say I'm glad sturgeon is putting the spfl sfa in their place.

1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

If I was head of disneys UK dept I would be offering doncaster a sponsorship deal .

The Mickey Mouse league sells its self .

Great idea.

I bet you Mickey Mouse has a Neil Doncaster watch.

Saint Jambo

Games had to be postponed when coronavirus first hit. As a result some teams were unjustly but supposedly unavoidably expelled from their leagues because that was required to allow the next season to begin on time. A week into the new season and a game is being postponed because of coronavirus but also because a club couldn't stick to the rules.  This must increase the risk this season can't finish and the fault sits squarely with one club. Time to kick Aberdeen out the league.

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

That doesn't read like they agreed with the decision, else it would have ended by saying we agree whole heartedly or such like.  Dumping responsibility onto the SG for postponing the game.

skinnybob72

One game into the new season after a 5 month shutdown as a result of a global pandemic.

”Moan lads, let’s go tae the boozer!”

How professional! Other countries have completed their seasons without much trouble. Scottish Football is an absolute backwater run by total amateurs. An embarrassment for all to see. 

We wonder why lack sponsorship or receive a pittance in TV deals? 

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not sure its got anything to do with how many players are missing.

Have to say I'm glad sturgeon is putting the spfl sfa in their place.

No.

It's to do with Aberdeen breaking the rules so have to have everything checked. 

Spitonastranger
57 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Calling the game off is the only sensible decision, there's no way the SPFL would disproportionately disadvantage one team in the face of a global pandemic...

Subtle but nicely played 

15 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Why would it be?  It’s their own fault. 

Because it's Scottish football, we put the T in Tinpot , do try and keep up . 

jambogirlglasgow
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Scottish football proving what an amateurish country with how we approach our game.

This. Can you imagine Chris Hoy or Andy Murray doing that. Professional athletes- total joke. 

Benny Factor

I reckon that by going to that bar at the weekend, those players have unwittingly killed off some lower league clubs as there is even less chance of fans being allowed in come October now. 

Overall it might help us.

Get everyone clear on what they have to do. Avoid future postponements. 

Hopefully Aberdeen a one off.

But they need to be hammered by SFA (and SPFL). 

Just now, skinnybob72 said:

One game into the new season after a 5 month shutdown as a result of a global pandemic.

”Moan lads, let’s go tae the boozer!”

How professional! Other countries have completed their seasons without much trouble. Scottish Football is an absolute backwater run by total amateurs. An embarrassment for all to see. 

We wonder why lack sponsorship or receive a pittance in TV deals? 

In fairness when you see who the players were it doesn't shock you.

Cosgrove and McKenna are thick as mince

Fitba' broke my Heart

I don't think that I am reading too much into this but it is interesting to note that the Scottish Government don't expect honesty from the SPFL.

Quote: 

"Speaking ahead of the meeting, Culture secretary Fiona Hyslop told BBC Radio Scotland she hoped the mood of the discussions would be "frank and honest" but also "supportive"."

Just saying...

here's the link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53694742

Just now, EarnockJambo said:

I reckon that by going to that bar at the weekend, those players have unwittingly killed off some lower league clubs as there is even less chance of fans being allowed in come October now. 

A good point. 

We were talking before about circumstances clubs could claim compensation from other clubs. 

First minister saying she's very furious...  Especially because players went out of their way to go out, mix with large groups...

Spitonastranger
46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I do not think they will get any kind of punishment for this unless there are direct costs incurred by St J for staging the game?

Just cannot see the SPFL going down that road.

Exactly, because in case  its one of the OF teams next. 

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Sorry for quoting the whole content but this is not exactly what Nicola has said and just now in answering a question said that it was the "FOOTBALL AUTHORITIES" that have taken the decision to postpone the game. The SG made their opinions clear in the meeting but it was not the SG that postponed the game.

I suspect that Nicola will be sticking her stiletto right up the Donkeys poop shute for that comment from the SFA/SPFL.

Not a good idea to think you can bully the First Minister of Scotland. The man is a FUD

Hagar the Horrible

Throw them out of the league, and replace them with us.

Aberdeen FC have caused a mass outbreak in their area, putting tthe local jakeys at risk. as well as the league.  , burn down the stadium.  Or as Keef put it...£1m fine and expel.  Who is to say they are not Typhoid Mary,  Patient Zero?

Force Richard Gordon to light the pyre at Pittodrie

10 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

100% this.  Now it’s a big story everywhere it makes our game even more of a laughingstock than it already is.  “Professional athletes”.  Couldn’t stay out the pub in a global pandemic.  

Just now, Silvery_Moon said:

Aberdeen should have to forfeit the match. As simple as that. 

Agreed. They now get extra recovery time for injuries.

Sturgeon definitely furious and if you read between the diplomatic lines the SFA/SPL had to be dragged to making the decision to pull the game. 
It should not have taken a meeting with the government to cancel the game. It should have been done as soon as the twats tested positive.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

My point is that those player's don't get their mandatory isolation periods reduced because of a called off game.

Why not just announce 3 postponed matches. Why postpone one, but let them play the other 2 with the reduced squad. One against Celtic.

Seems daft.

It could change given its a government decision to call the game after more poor leadership from the spfl.

heartmussel

Just home and catching up,whenever this game is rescheduled Aberdeen will be stronger with Main Cosgrove and infected players back,surely there must be some kind of penalty imposed on them,and I totally understand that this would apply to all clubs that broke any guidelines.

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

My point is that those player's don't get their mandatory isolation periods reduced because of a called off game.

Why not just announce 3 postponed matches. Why postpone one, but let them play the other 2 with the reduced squad. One against Celtic.

Seems daft.

I don't think from the statement that the game has been postponed because 2 players have Covid.

It's been postponed because the players and so the club broke the rules. So Aberdeen are having all their processes checked first. Social distancing, cleaning etc. Once checked and found to be okay they can play I'd say. 

Hagar the Horrible

St johnstones response

"The club is disappointed at the news of this postponement but the health and wellbeing of everybody is of paramount importance in this situation.

"We're also disappointed for our Season Ticket holders and supporters who were looking forward to watching the match."

gashauskis9

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I hope St Johnstone put a complaint in here.  This should be treated as a forfeit, not a postponement.

Potentially puting a lot of lives at risk. Stay classy you Sheep molesting braindeids.

Time to call the league and hand out the winners trophy and relegate as is the new norm.

16 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I would guess that such breaches could be covered by the "good faith" rule.

Does it cover players conduct/behaviour ?

Just now, gashauskis9 said:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I hope St Johnstone put a complaint in here.  This should be treated as a forfeit, not a postponement.

Completely agree. 

Why should they be penalised for this.

:rofl:

The circus continues.  Actually quite entertaining just sitting back and watching this shit show unfold 

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

It could change given its a government decision to call the game after more poor leadership from the spfl.

Not correct if you listened to NS in the briefing. The SG stated their case but it was the SFA/SPFL that have postponed the game.

The SG may have forced the SFA/SPFL to make the call but that is the SFA/SPFL's job to manage their business not the SG

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

Also ensure twice weekly testing for the foreseeable future.

Hagar the Horrible

The pre-amble from Sturgeon and Hyslop is so interesting, They had to force the issue, the JRG would have played the game, and Fiona stating they had hoped for a frank and honest discussion.  Hope that they would be honest?  FFS!  It would be safer getting King Herod babysitting your first born.

Benny Factor
6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Throw them out of the league, and replace them with us.

Aberdeen FC have caused a mass outbreak in their area, putting tthe local jakeys at risk. as well as the league.  , burn down the stadium.  Or as Keef put it...£1m fine and expel.  Who is to say they are not Typhoid Mary,  Patient Zero?

Force Richard Gordon to light the pyre at Pittodrie

There'll be a few places opening up later in the year, hopefully.