Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

underwaterwoodwelder

Good old Scottish Professional Footballers. Head to the pub after the game to have a few pints and a pie with the boys.

You wonder why Scottish Football is decades behind other countries.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

I don't know who stays with who.

Devlin and McKenna apparently share a place, but don;t know how many others are involved.

I also don't know what the rules are for football players in "their bubble" who are regularly tested.

They're certainly not subject to that at training or even match days.

Listen, I'm not defending it. It looks like at least two of the players are definately in the wrong.

Whoever is confirmed as being at fault should be hammered.

The whole club should be. It needs nipped in the bud

Saint Jambo
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Listen, I'm not defending it. It looks like at least two of the players are definately in the wrong.

Well the answer to that is really easy, Aberdeen FC are at fault. The club is responsible for the actions of the players. The club should be hammered. Good to see an Aberdeen fan taking that stand point.

2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Hmmm i wonder what repercussions we would have been hit with had it been our players out on the lash expelled to another lower league.

Knowing some of our players, we might find out. 🙁

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

Hmmm i wonder what repercussions we would have been hit with had it been our players out on the lash expelled to another lower league.

Keef would have had us all in a firing squad

IveSeenTheLight

Rumours are that the source of this outbreak has been arrested.

Allegedly, an employee from Total failed a test before going offshore and then headed to the Hawthorn Bar

31 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The games off now though

As it should be. You should also be awarded 3-0 losses and fined. ****ing idiotic behaviour.

7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Sorry, not currently living in Scotland, so what rules did they break and are these different for football players? 

We haven't seen the rules.

But going to the pub seems to be forbidden.

2 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Allegedly, an employee from Total failed a test before going offshore and then headed to the Hawthorn Bar

Where the Aberdeen players shouldn’t have been in the first place.

Should be heavily fined and/or jailed.

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

“Humans”, according the Amy MacDonald. 

She’s a brain dead wee idiot.  Needs to stick to her mediocre music and leave the thinking to the adults.  

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

We haven't seen the rules.

But going to the pub seems to be forbidden.

Players are allowed to go to work, and home. They are not allowed to go to pubs and bars. 

Pasquale for King

Do we know the exact guidelines the players have to follow, are they only allowed to go to training, games and nothing else. No restaurants, coffee shops etc?

11 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I don't know who stays with who.

Devlin and McKenna apparently share a place, but don;t know how many others are involved.

I also don't know what the rules are for football players in "their bubble" who are regularly tested.

They're certainly not subject to that at training or even match days.

Hopefully your tinpot club

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

An entire thread devoted to Aberdeen and no sign of our pet sheep? Anyone seen the light recently?

Must be isolating 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Brown1982 said:

She’s a brain dead wee idiot.  Needs to stick to her mediocre music and leave the thinking to the adults.  

She’s a Rangers fan, so your description is spot on. 

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Farcical that it's getting postponed so the sheep will have a fully fit squad to choose from no doubt. 

Horrible club. 

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

An entire thread devoted to Aberdeen and no sign of our pet sheep? Anyone seen the light recently?

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Must be isolating 

Are you guys blind?

Lone Striker

Just watched the SG briefing.  Great stuff from Sturgeon there, clearly angry and annoyed with the players.     I wonder if Fitzpatrick may have planted the seed during the meeting with the JRG that any more of this could well result in a review of the date for return of fans (mid Oct ?).       

I'd imagine that the JRG put the responsibility for enforcing discipline/adherence to covid stuff on to the clubs themselves...... so it might not just be Aberdeen in the firing line in weeks to come.   Football players  are generally a bit daft, especially in groups - so it's going to be up to clubs to fine their players for causing stuff like this.   

Totally agree with the comments above that St. J should be awarded the points.      The SPFL have already destroyed the concept of sporting integrity, so anything goes now.

35 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The trace appears to go back to 26th July, however this was not known / shared until this week.

It seems like the players went out for a meal after the match and it was apparently only two of the players (numpties) that then headed on into town.

It was not known that there was an outbreak on 01st August

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 sounds legit.

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Farcical that it's getting postponed so the sheep will have a fully fit squad to choose from no doubt. 

Horrible club. 

I don't think the reason is to allow Aberdeen players to be fit, but for the protection of the wider society.

Although tests have been done, they also talk about an incubation period, so would playing the game put St Johnstone players at risk?

Aberdeen were prepared to play the game, but forgetting football for a moment, it is the right thing to do (postpone / cancel the game)

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Interesting news if found to be correct.

Now back on topic, will SPFL show some sort of leadership & apply sanctions against Aberdeen FC for failing to maintain control of their employees when given special dispensation during this pandemic? Surely the punishment of "hammering" the Guilty 2 should be expanded to include the Club.

Elite Sportsmen, don't make me laugh!! Certainly not helping the cause of getting fans back inside stadia to watch football. Season Ticket holders have shown faith by supporting their Clubs in times of need in terms of finance*, only to be rewarded by I suspect, a delay in getting back to watching "live" matches in person.

*Finance which pays these jokers wages!!!

plastic_bas

The conduct of the players should certainly be challenged and punished. It seems they have broken national guidelines (number of separate households meeting indoors) and of their profession. The professional guidelines would be an interesting (shed) thread in itself as I wonder how people would be happy with their employer agreeing to additional rules that impacted their home life. I know doctors and shop workers who only need to follow national guidelines and nothing more stringent.

From an operational perspective, I find it a bit alarming that this game has had to be called off. It calls into question the quality and capacity of the private testing systems supporting the game up here. When the first case was discovered, shouldn't all known contacts been fast tracked tested (likely at some expense to the club) to confirm readiness for the game on Saturday. This reliance on a secondary test via the NHS system seems untenable.

Forgetting how this outbreak occurred, what if a part-time player contracts something at work or from a member of their household and participates in contact training within a group. Surely we can't postpone every game in this scenario?

Deducted 15 points for forfeiting games. League given to Rangers International. No relegation or promotion this season I've heard. 

Rick Sanchez
Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

I don't think the reason is to allow Aberdeen players to be fit, but for the protection of the wider society.

Although tests have been done, they also talk about an incubation period, so would playing the game put St Johnstone players at risk?

Aberdeen were prepared to play the game, but forgetting football for a moment, it is the right thing to do (postpone / cancel the game)

The right thing is a 3-0 win for St Johnstone, especially with limited scope for moving fixtures. 

Why should they be punished? SPFL likes to do that though.

Jack Torrance
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do we know the exact guidelines the players have to follow, are they only allowed to go to training, games and nothing else. No restaurants, coffee shops etc?

I've  not read it but I imagine the links towards the bottom covering performance sport will be close to any guidance provided to the clubs...

https://sportscotland.org.uk/covid-19/latest-sport-and-physical-activity-guidance/

Gordon Ramsay

Right thing is to award 3 points to St Johnstone cause your clubs players are idiots. 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, 2205ian said:

Interesting news if found to be correct.

Now back on topic, will SPFL show some sort of leadership & apply sanctions against Aberdeen FC for failing to maintain control of their employees when given special dispensation during this pandemic? Surely the punishment of "hammering" the Guilty 2 should be expanded to include the Club.

Elite Sportsmen, don't make me laugh!! Certainly not helping the cause of getting fans back inside stadia to watch football. Season Ticket holders have shown faith by supporting their Clubs in times of need in terms of finance*, only to be rewarded by I suspect, a delay in getting back to watching "live" matches in person.

*Finance which pays these jokers wages!!!

I fully enforce whatever reasonable "medicine" is dished out.

Forfeiting the games? Then so be it.

I fully agree with a tough stance

Don't expect the SPFL to show any leadership, apply sanctions to meet what you might be looking for.

They just don;t do that.

Didn't SevCo / Utd get only a slapped wrist for playing games before test results had returned 

Horatio Caine
Just now, Gordon Ramsay said:

Right thing is to award 3 points to St Johnstone cause your clubs players are idiots. 

Agreed.  Given that Sturgeon acknowledged that this was an extreme act of foolhardiness rather than a chance or unfortunate infection event, the SPFL should award the game to St J 3-0 as a warning to all other clubs and players.  Harsh? Yes.  Bet if it was Hearts that's what would have happened.

I very much doubt Aberdeen will be the only club affected like this during the 20-21 season, especially if the virus continues to spread again. It may even happen to us. Some interesting precedents being set here, though.

Gordon Ramsay
Just now, Horatio Caine said:

Agreed.  Given that Sturgeon acknowledged that this was an extreme act of foolhardiness rather than a chance or unfortunate infection event, the SPFL should award the game to St J 3-0 as a warning to all other clubs and players.  Harsh? Yes.  Bet if it was Hearts that's what would have happened.

Definitely.

If it was us we would probably get relegated into League 2.

This is not the players fault unless they've blatantly ignored what they've been told and if so I'll await fines and suspensions by the club.

If the club thought it safe and within guidelines to allow a group of players out into the public for a meal then they should be hammered big time. 

It an utter disgrace and a kick in the bollocks to normal working class people that are sacrificing an awful lot to keep people safe and give everyone a chance to live a normal life sooner rather than later. 

5 minutes ago, plastic_bas said:

The conduct of the players should certainly be challenged and punished. It seems they have broken national guidelines (number of separate households meeting indoors) and of their profession. The professional guidelines would be an interesting (shed) thread in itself as I wonder how people would be happy with their employer agreeing to additional rules that impacted their home life. I know doctors and shop workers who only need to follow national guidelines and nothing more stringent.

From an operational perspective, I find it a bit alarming that this game has had to be called off. It calls into question the quality and capacity of the private testing systems supporting the game up here. When the first case was discovered, shouldn't all known contacts been fast tracked tested (likely at some expense to the club) to confirm readiness for the game on Saturday. This reliance on a secondary test via the NHS system seems untenable.

Forgetting how this outbreak occurred, what if a part-time player contracts something at work or from a member of their household and participates in contact training within a group. Surely we can't postpone every game in this scenario?

The point being, these individuals are , in the main, replaceable : footballers are not.  In addition, footballers are highly paid individuals whose misbehaviour in this context has significant & detrimental impacts on their team mate & fellow professionals generally. They have shown a total disregard for their team mates & fellow professionals because they'd rather go for a beer. In the meantime these stupid selfish cretins are expecting fans to cough up for seasons tickets so that they can get paid. They are contemptible. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

I've  not read it but I imagine the links towards the bottom covering performance sport will be close to any guidance provided to the clubs...

https://sportscotland.org.uk/covid-19/latest-sport-and-physical-activity-guidance/

Cheers, I’ve read a lot of these things now 😃👍🏽.

coatbridgejambo

If news breaks about us having any players who have done similar I'd want said players contracts ripped up. 

No matter who they are.

Selfish c you next Tuesday's 

If clubs can't abide by the rules, or if they don't have the funds to maintain regular testing, then they should be excluded from all fixtures. Expected the first blip to come from the St Midds and Accis rather than a bigger club.

Edited by Section Q

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think its only fair that Aberdeen FC shutdown for 2 weeks, and their next 3 games are awarded as 3-0 against them.  The whole place gets deep cleaned and proof of an all clear by all staff, by at least 2 NHS tests before allowed back into training.

There has to be consequencies and a warning to idiot players, including our own....screw the nut!

An excellent and fair solution. Aberdeen players brought this on after breaking rules, to do nothing is as unacceptable as the Aberdeen players behaviour.

4 minutes ago, tynewater said:

I very much doubt Aberdeen will be the only club affected like this during the 20-21 season, especially if the virus continues to spread again. It may even happen to us. Some interesting precedents being set here, though.

There’s a difference from someone catching the virus from someone in their family or out food shopping versus going out on a team jolly.

That’s why there’s anger from the first minister and others. You’re right there’s going to be other teams who are going to catch the virus but I doubt it will be from doing something so stupid. However if it is then they deserve to be punished just as the sheep do.

17 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

All very interesting but this is not the issue here.

It was a dirty Oil Rig worker to blame for all of this my Lord.

Absolutely no blame can be apportioned to the good upstanding professional footballers from Aberdeen FC.

These players have not adhered to the guidelines agreed between the SG and SFA/SPFL  to allow football to be played in Scotland.

The end.

JAMBO _MOBY
6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The English premier league held well over 100 games during a period of time when the infection rate was higher with no postponements and yet one game in Aberdeen completely fcuk up the restart of the SPL .  What a bunch of clowns.  This goes beyond bringing the game into disrepute not to mention the sporting advantage Aberdeen get by replaying later. 

How much longer can this league be devoid of leadership before the clubs start calling for Doncaster's resignation? They were actually going to let the game be played and took the FM stepping in for the right call to be made. Nothing surprises me anymore.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The point being, these individuals are , in the main, replaceable : footballers are not.  In addition, footballers are highly paid individuals whose misbehaviour in this context has significant & detrimental impacts on their team mate & fellow professionals generally. They have shown a total disregard for their team mates & fellow professionals because they'd rather go for a beer. In the meantime these stupid selfish cretins are expecting fans to cough up for seasons tickets so that they can get paid. They are contemptible. 

Footballers are easy to replace than in most other industries, you can go and buy another one, bring one up from the lower squads. Indeed look how many players Hearts have replaced under Cathro and Levein.

Hagar the Horrible

This must not be the end of it, the plague 8 must face say three game bans, 1 of which must the the St Johnstone replay.  Or the 3 points awarded?

Interesting though the FM (AKA  WJK for somebody on here) stated she would not speculate on the other 2 games these players will be forced to miss?  I think she is giving them enough rope to hang themselves? 

But lets be clear, fans at games have been just given the red light.  If players cant behave, Fans will be 10 times worse.

So NO fans for a very long time, and extra testing WILL hit most clubs hard,.....shame really?  I will but those 8 a pint next time I am in the Soul bar

9 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Quote, yeah, Sturgeon spoke to the SPFL and SFA and did.... nothing. And if there was nothing she could do, why did she waste her breath speaking?

Just now, H2 said:

Footballers are easy to replace than in most other industries, you can go and buy another one, bring one up from the lower squads. Indeed look how many players Hearts have replaced under Cathro and Levein.

We're talking about a Covid specific context in the very short term, or hadn't you noticed ?

WTF Cathro/CL has to do with this conversation is beyond me.